Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Secret of the Old Morgue

• Start Topic

Is she supposed to be then 2019   Veronica Mars with a Scooby gang?  The cynical wisecracking narration?  Might not be watching a 3rd episode and just find the recaps. 

• Love 3

The show is so full of plot holes it is ridiculous.

None of the bodies or the body parts were refrigerated. Even the waitress realized that body parts should be stored in the refrigerator. 

Nobody was at the morgue. Why delay the driver when nobody was in the morgue to let her in or transfer the body.

There was a lock on the door of the morgue, but no locks on the door where the bodies or evidence are kept.

Nancy touching the body and putting needle holes in the body might contaminate or confuse the coroner's findings.

Don't look at the police officer's computer and leave it on the information your were looking up instead of returning the computer to the original screen it was on.

Nancy seeing ghosts ever 5 seconds makes me think something is wrong with her and she is a very unreliable narrator.

How many years do you think it has been since Nancy's mother died? I am guessing over two years.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

For someone that is suppose to be as smart as Nancy Drew, you would have thought she would easily see through Carson's "Bloody dress?  Why, no, daughter!  That was just... red dye!  It was a prank!  Now, excuse, I'm going to go and burn it... er, I mean, totally put it back in the suitcase!" act.

For such a small town, there should seemed to be a lot of bodies in that morgue...

No major movements in the case yet, except Ryan realizes he's a major suspect and is trying to rebrand him image (and how has Carson as his lawyer in order to get Nancy her bail), and Tiffany's last phone call was to Nick.  Still, I doubt any of the leads will be the killer.  We might not have even met him or her yet.

So, according to the bucket tradition or whatever, Georgia is destined to die before the year is out?  Hmm..

Sheriff Adam Beach is still a dick, I see.

For better or worse, this show certainly seems to be on its way to being a good companion for Riverdale on Wednesdays.  I'm having fun still, at least.

• Love 7

So, after learning way too much about morgues yesterday, I found out that they can get full when funeral homes take a long time (months!) to pick up a body.

Also, I don't think they can embalm until the autopsy is complete.

Maggie from the Carrie Diaries!

Damn it, Ace, I was slowly beginning to think you weren't an ass and now we find out that you're spying on the Scooby gang.

I am still unable to buy Scott Wolf as the father of a teenager, partly because I still remember him playing one on Party of Five. It sounds like he is using a fake tough voice to sound older/more authoritative.

Heh, so who is screwing with George? I am not buying the supernatural angle on the show so I'm assuming that someone switched her bucket to scare her.

I know I'm supposed to care about who murdered Tiffany since that's the big mystery, but I'm less interested in the murder and more in what everyone else is hiding. Bess has the fancy clothes and accoutrements so I'm guessin that she was rich and then her family kicked her out or cut her off which is why she still has expensive clothes but is living in a van (down by the river - ha!) and working at the diner.

One sign of the times is the fact that when Nancy checked Tiffany's phone to see who she called, she didn't recognize Nick's phone number. I'm not judging because I don't know anyone's phone numbers anymore either, but back in ye olden days before cell phones that stored every number you've ever called, I had all of my friends' phone numbers memorized. I still remember some of my old friends' phone numbers!

I didn't understand the whole thing with the locket and the car. Nancy was wearing her mom's locket which means she always has it with her. Nick took it off and put it in some compartment of the car and said it was so her mom would always be with her, even when she takes her locket off to get into trouble. What the hell does that mean?

First of all, you don't have to take off a necklace when you're, say, I don't know, breaking into a suspected murderer's house or the morgue. She can wear it during all of her shenanigans. But secondly, putting something in her mom's car doesn't mean that her mom will always be with her. It means her mom's necklace will be in her mom's car. If leaving something in her mom's car means that her mom will always be with her, then by that logic having her mom's car sitting in the garage also means that her mom is always with her aka her mom is with her even when her mom's stuff isn't near her.

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

How many years do you think it has been since Nancy's mother died? I am guessing over two years.

It's been less than a year since her mom died. In the previous episode, the flashback to Nancy being crowned Sea Queen was a year earlier so I assumed that present day is what would have been her freshman year in college. In the flashback, she was about to apply to Columbia when she found out that her mom had cancer so the flashback took place during her senior year of high school. In one of the voiceovers, she mentioned that she tanked her grades last year. She also told Bess that this was the first year that she and her family weren't watching the fireworks together, which means that her mom was still alive a year ago. The seawater/bucket ritual in this week's episode takes place on the last day of the summer festival so this episode took place in August/September.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One sign of the times is the fact that when Nancy checked Tiffany's phone to see who she called, she didn't recognize Nick's phone number. I'm not judging because I don't know anyone's phone numbers anymore either, but back in ye olden days before cell phones that stored every number you've ever called, I had all of my friends' phone numbers memorized. I still remember some of my old friends' phone numbers!

Though I grew up in the ubiquitous cell phone era I still memorize some numbers.. At least of the ppl who've kept the same numbers for a while.. Plus some old landline numbers to older families members who don't get cell phones... I think that was a burner that tiffany was calling... I know that I'd notice if any of my friends pulled out a flip phone now.. So odds are nick has a normal one that he uses.. And then that one... 

But like I said earlier I'm more interested in why tiff was calling and. Maybe knew Nick... Maybe he didn't do the crime and she fingered him anyway and felt guilty.. Maybe he's a secret relative to Ryan.. Maybe he did find out who she was and was blackmailing her somehow... And of course he could been sleeping with her... Lotta options... 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Maggie from the Carrie Diaries!

Damn it, Ace, I was slowly beginning to think you weren't an ass and now we find out that you're spying on the Scooby gang.

I am still unable to buy Scott Wolf as the father of a teenager, partly because I still remember him playing one on Party of Five. It sounds like he is using a fake tough voice to sound older/more authoritative.

Heh, so who is screwing with George? I am not buying the supernatural angle on the show so I'm assuming that someone switched her bucket to scare her.

I know I'm supposed to care about who murdered Tiffany since that's the big mystery, but I'm less interested in the murder and more in what everyone else is hiding. Bess has the fancy clothes and accoutrements so I'm guessin that she was rich and then her family kicked her out or cut her off which is why she still has expensive clothes but is living in a van (down by the river - ha!) and working at the diner.

I didn't understand the whole thing with the locket and the car. Nancy was wearing her mom's locket which means she always has it with her. Nick took it off and put it in some compartment of the car and said it was so her mom would always be with her, even when she takes her locket off to get into trouble. What the hell does that mean?

First of all, you don't have to take off a necklace when you're, say, I don't know, breaking into a suspected murderer's house or the morgue. She can wear it during all of her shenanigans. But secondly, putting something in her mom's car doesn't mean that her mom will always be with her. It means her mom's necklace will be in her mom's car. If leaving something in her mom's car means that her mom will always be with her, then by that logic having her mom's car sitting in the garage also means that her mom is always with her aka her mom is with her even when her mom's stuff isn't near her.

It's been less than a year since her mom died. In the previous episode, the flashback to Nancy being crowned Sea Queen was a year earlier so I assumed that present day is what would have been her freshman year in college. In the flashback, she was about to apply to Columbia when she found out that her mom had cancer so the flashback took place during her senior year of high school. In one of the voiceovers, she mentioned that she tanked her grades last year. She also told Bess that this was the first year that she and her family weren't watching the fireworks together, which means that her mom was still alive a year ago. The seawater/bucket ritual in this week's episode takes place on the last day of the summer festival so this episode took place in August/September.

There was a throw away moment in the pilot where Ace answered his cell and appeared to be talking to the Sheriff.  My guess is that the Sheriff is hoping to utilize Nancy's skill or he's been keeping tabs on her for awhile.  

I still don't like Scott Wolf.  I thought he was the weak link on Party of Five and my opinion hasn't improved.  Him trying to be all paternal on Nancy grates on my nerves, but he was making sense.  Of course, then he burns the dress.  So nothing is what it seems.  Unless of course he's doing it to protect his wife.  Which is exactly what he was telling Nancy in the jail cell.  He'll do anything to protect his family. 

I'm also not that invested in Tiffany's death or even Dead Lucy.  And Nancy's detective skills aren't that great.  I found the old 1938 Nancy Drew films at the library and I'm loving her more than this Nancy.  Though, the actress here is doing a terrific job with what she's been handed.

I took the cell phone thing to be that Ned/Nick has a burner phone that Nancy doesn't know about yet, or that Ned/Nick found the phone somewhere.  It's probably important to also note that the ringer was turned off...or Nancy should have heard it ring. 

I got nothing on the locket.  That made no sense at all.  I do love the car though. 

The seawater/bucket ritual is pretty morbid.

• Love 5

The text from Tiffany to Nick said something like, the package is in the car, and as we saw last week, Nick offers to fix Nancy's mom's car and just happens to find drugs in it?? I think the text was telling Nick where to find the drugs. Who knows how Tiffany knew though..... Add that to the pile of mysteries to solve. 

I don't know if they were implying that Bess is a lesbian? Or maybe even asexual with the whole "I don't date anyone" thing? Maybe her parents found out and kicked her out. Or she ran away thinking they wouldn't understand. 

Ace has the sheriff saved in his phone as "weed man"... I'm thinking Ace got into some kind of trouble and now he owes the sheriff. I don't think he's spying on the gang by choice. 

Edited by Samwise979
Clarification
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, UNOSEZ said:

Was that in the premier.. Didn't even notice 

No it was in this episode. When Nancy was snooping on the computer at the police station she brought up a bunch of texts on the screen and her voice over was like, so this is the last number to contact Tiffany, and then she wrote the number on the inside of her shirt. That's what the last text said. 

• Love 1

I still can’t believe that Scott Wolf is 50. Nancy could be 30 and it wouldn’t be weird, but he still looks like he’s 30. I want to know his skin care regiment.

I will probably stick this show out to see how it ends, but it reminds me of a less interesting Veronica Mars living in a small town. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The show is so full of plot holes it is ridiculous.

None of the bodies or the body parts were refrigerated. Even the waitress realized that body parts should be stored in the refrigerator. 

Nobody was at the morgue. Why delay the driver when nobody was in the morgue to let her in or transfer the body.

There was a lock on the door of the morgue, but no locks on the door where the bodies or evidence are kept.

Nancy touching the body and putting needle holes in the body might contaminate or confuse the coroner's findings.

Don't look at the police officer's computer and leave it on the information your were looking up instead of returning the computer to the original screen it was on.

Nancy seeing ghosts ever 5 seconds makes me think something is wrong with her and she is a very unreliable narrator.

Given the high profile nature of this murder. Wouldn't her toxicology report be released anyway? After her cause of death. A rich white lady is murdered in her own safe small town. That's made for the media. The husband's affair and many more secrets would be exposed to the public. Nothing would be kept a secret. And the husband would be the first suspect based on numbers.

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 1

Good thing there wasn't a fire at the morgue because having locked doors you can't open is a great idea.

Almost as good as breaking into the morgue and some rich, litigious guy's car without gloves and then USING GLOVES TO TEXT.

I lived in coastal Maine and that bucket thing is dumb even for the people I met there. Speaking of... I was also a juror on an attempted murder case while there and you know what? THE WITNESSES DID NOT TESTIFY BEHIND SCREENS TO HIDE THEIR IDENTITIES.

I think I could ignore the dumb if the characters were likable. Or the mystery was gripping. I can only shut off so many parts of my brain. And yet I'm going to be stuck watching this because my kid thinks it's great and I can only be happy we've outgrown Disney original programming and never got into reality tv.

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, kirkola said:

I still don't like Scott Wolf.  I thought he was the weak link on Party of Five and my opinion hasn't improved.  Him trying to be all paternal on Nancy grates on my nerves, but he was making sense.  Of course, then he burns the dress.  So nothing is what it seems.  Unless of course he's doing it to protect his wife.  Which is exactly what he was telling Nancy in the jail cell.  He'll do anything to protect his family. 

I loved Scott Wolf on Party of Five, but I have a hard time seeing him as the dad of a teenager. And maybe it's just cause I am getting older too, but he looks exactly the same as when he played a teen.

16 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

For someone that is suppose to be as smart as Nancy Drew, you would have thought she would easily see through Carson's "Bloody dress?  Why, no, daughter!  That was just... red dye!  It was a prank!  Now, excuse, I'm going to go and burn it... er, I mean, totally put it back in the suitcase!" act.

I didn't think Nancy bought that story. I figured she still planned to go back and investigate but clearly took too long. She shouldn't have told anyone until she documented it.

I'm guessing the beloved dead mother killed the ghost girl. Carson is just covering it up for her. And now is covering up for his cover up, and I guess also to protect the wife's memory.

I really hate the fact that it looks like they are going to drag the season out with this one mystery.

Why doesn't anyone in that town guard their bucket!?!?!  (I think the guy she is sleeping with put whatever in there to make it look like blood).

Of course Ace would be spying on the scooby gang.

I am only here to find out who did in the dead girl and the rich wife. After that i think i am out. 

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I loved Scott Wolf on Party of Five, but I have a hard time seeing him as the dad of a teenager. And maybe it's just cause I am getting older too, but he looks exactly the same as when he played a teen.

I didn't think Nancy bought that story. I figured she still planned to go back and investigate but clearly took too long. She shouldn't have told anyone until she documented it.

I'm guessing the beloved dead mother killed the ghost girl. Carson is just covering it up for her. And now is covering up for his cover up, and I guess also to protect the wife's memory.

Oh, I liked him fine there when it started.  It was somewhere around the time his character developed a drinking or drugs problem that I realized, he wasn't that strong an actor and (yeah, it's petty) he walks really weird.  So not my favorite actor, but not the worst I've seen.  And I totally agree he does not look any different.  I was shocked to learn he was in his 50s.  Also, shocked to do the math and Party of 5 began 25 years ago. 

It's hard because the Carson Drew in my head is wealthy and has the white hair of an older man.  Not one that looks 30 and is broke.  (Sigh)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, kirkola said:

Also, shocked to do the math and Party of 5 began 25 years ago. 

That is crazy! But I guess it makes sense.  It must be that old for them to be doing a reboot. Unfortunately, it means I am old too.

7 hours ago, kirkola said:

It's hard because the Carson Drew in my head is wealthy and has the white hair of an older man.  Not one that looks 30 and is broke.  (Sigh)

The Carson Drew in my head is also not a potential murderer.....

• Love 3
On 10/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

her investigation into Lucy Sable's dress

I had a similar preoccupation in high school.

(Full disclaimer: an appreciation of frilly dresses does not always equal the desire to wear one ... sorry.)

This series is clunky but I think it does have some potential.   The actors have enough chemistry that I would like to see them get closer over time.  I really hope they don't make the ghost/supernatural stuff real, though. 

I liked that Nancy could read lips.  It would be too much to give her the ability to memorize a phone number.  But I guess that wouldn't have allowed the "I see the number on the shirt that I totally forgot, so now let me call the number" moment in Ned's bed.  

The morgue's alarm suddenly tripped because?  I mean, what was the point of handing off the evidence to George, if it would be easy to figure out what Nancy stole.  Just yesterday, she was asking about Lucy and oh look, evidence is missing from her box.  

They need to dial back Nancy acting like a bratty 12-year-old with her father.  Scott Wolf's performance still wasn't good, but it was a little better than in the pilot.  

I'm guessing Nancy's dad is covering for the mom.  Did they graduate the same year as Lucy?  Maybe it's related to the elder Mr. Hudson. 

I guess they made Nancy Drew's hometown into "Horseshoe Bay" because they're actually filming in Horseshoe Bay, British Columbia, and didn't want to change any of the signs.  It seems a tad lazy.  For people who live near the real Horseshoe Bay, it makes it harder to get into the show knowing what you're seeing.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Camera One said:

This series is clunky but I think it does have some potential.   The actors have enough chemistry that I would like to see them get closer over time.  I really hope they don't make the ghost/supernatural stuff real, though. 

I liked that Nancy could read lips.  It would be too much to give her the ability to memorize a phone number.  But I guess that wouldn't have allowed the "I see the number on the shirt that I totally forgot, so now let me call the number" moment in Ned's bed.  

She'll probably figure it out next week. However, it's possible Ned/Nick put his number in her phone and she's only seen "Nick" come up all this time. Of course, that means it should have come up as Nick when she dialed it. So, either he has a burner or they don't make booty calls.

Also, the less supernatural explanation about the ghost is that Nancy has some repressed memory that's slowly manifesting itself.

Edited by ketose
more
6 minutes ago, ketose said:

However, it's possible Ned/Nick put his number in her phone and she's only seen "Nick" come up all this time.

I agree.  I was thinking that at the police station, she could have simply memorized the phone number instead of damaging her shirt with felt pen.

7 minutes ago, ketose said:

Also, the less supernatural explanation about the ghost is that Nancy has some repressed memory that's slowly manifesting itself.

I hope it's going to be something like that.  

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

The morgue's alarm suddenly tripped because?  I mean, what was the point of handing off the evidence to George, if it would be easy to figure out what Nancy stole.  Just yesterday, she was asking about Lucy and oh look, evidence is missing from her box.

I don't know what tipped the alarm, but the point of handing the evidence to George was so they could keep it, at least long enough to do their testing. They may come looking for it, but she would at least have time to check it out first.

And they likely won't know that Tiffany is missing blood.

Just now, KaveDweller said:

And they likely won't know that Tiffany is missing blood.

I agree it was a good idea to hand over the blood.  I just thought it was risky to take the other stuff too, though there really wasn't any time to put it back either.

• Love 1
On 10/17/2019 at 9:05 AM, Samwise979 said:

Ace has the sheriff saved in his phone as "weed man"... I'm thinking Ace got into some kind of trouble and now he owes the sheriff. I don't think he's spying on the gang by choice. 

I was trying to figure out who Weed Man was. I never saw the explanation. Did I miss something? 

2 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

I was trying to figure out who Weed Man was. I never saw the explanation. Did I miss something? 

I was wondering too.  I don't think they explained it.  In the pilot, he was texting surveillance to Chief McGinnis but the Chief's phone handle was "High Card", I think?  Not sure.

• Love 1
On 10/17/2019 at 10:05 AM, Samwise979 said:

I don't know if they were implying that Bess is a lesbian? Or maybe even asexual with the whole "I don't date anyone" thing? Maybe her parents found out and kicked her out. Or she ran away thinking they wouldn't understand. 

I also wondered if maybe they were gonna go the less cliche route and make her asexual. I would absolutely love if they did. I'm always clamoring for asexual characters and, in particular, teen/young adult asexual characters. I'm not sure this show would do a good job with it but I'd like to see them try.

This ep had me thinking maybe Nancy maybe has something wrong with her that's causing the visions. Or whoever speculated upthread that maybe she has repressed memories that are coming out might be onto something, especially since it's starting to seem like her mom killed Lucy.

This show is very stupid and bad but I personally love stupid and bad so that's not a deal breaker for me lol. It's a very fun kind of stupid and bad so far. I'll watch it until it gets boring and/or offensive stupid and bad like Riverdale did.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I also wondered if maybe they were gonna go the less cliche route and make her asexual. I would absolutely love if they did. I'm always clamoring for asexual characters and, in particular, teen/young adult asexual characters. I'm not sure this show would do a good job with it but I'd like to see them try.

This ep had me thinking maybe Nancy maybe has something wrong with her that's causing the visions. Or whoever speculated upthread that maybe she has repressed memories that are coming out might be onto something, especially since it's starting to seem like her mom killed Lucy.

This show is very stupid and bad but I personally love stupid and bad so that's not a deal breaker for me lol. It's a very fun kind of stupid and bad so far. I'll watch it until it gets boring and/or offensive stupid and bad like Riverdale did.

I remember there was some disappointment that Jughead wasn't asexual on Riverdale like one of the versions of him in the comics. It might be possible that they do this with Bess. However, lazy writing makes it difficult to write a character without relationship drama.

• Love 4

Could Lucy be alive and is "haunting" Nancy for revenge?  Maybe Nancy's mother hid her in the attic to help her, and then "betrayed" her somehow.  Maybe Nancy's mother was Lucy who took on a new identity?

Edited by Camera One
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Camera One said:

Maybe Nancy's mother was Lucy who took on a new identity?

I like this idea - it was 20 years ago so the timeline makes sense. Maybe Carson helped her fake her death/take on a new identity?

I can’t get over Nancy and her weird stare. She eyes are disturbing since one is bug eye and the other is squint almost. Her narrative almost puts me to sleep. As for those visions? I’m betting it’s a brain tumour mucking her up.Add the stress of her moms death that she’s not dealing with and hallucinations. 

I agree with others, plot holes of convenience  abound, but it wouldn’t be the CW with out them. I just hope my eyes don’t get stuck looking up from all the eye rolling they will do. I will stick with for a couple more eps see if it gets better.

I do like how every episode title sounds like the name of one of the books. I mean, I guess its nice that something is like the books. 

The bucket tradition is super morbid, especially for a town tradition, like holy crap, no wonder this town has ghosts and murders and deep dark secrets everywhere! 

This show is super ridiculous and silly, but I like the spooky atmosphere, especially in October! I think that either her mom killed Lucy, or actually WAS Lucy and changed her identity, and thats why her ghost is just showing up now after her mom died.

• Love 2

Observations about the pseudo-Maine seeing: 207 is the correct area code, they used our actual license plates except ours max out at 7 characters. However, I assure you all, we have our own thoroughly competent state medical examiner's office and there is no "district" that would have anyone sent to New Hampshire for an autopsy. 

Regardless of the above ( I'm generally happy if no one tries the Tom Bosley accent), I'm enjoying the show well enough.

• Useful 1

I was both excited and wary about this show.  I loved all Nancy Drew books and have seen basically every screen incarnation.  I knew this would be modernized, but as a fan of Riverdale, I thought it could be good [I also LOVED Veronica Mars which was initially described as neo-noir Nancy Drew ].   But.... I think I hate it.  The female cop/gf of Carson barely looks older than Nancy. Carson doesn't look old enough to be Nancy's father [yes, I know he technically is, but it's jarring bc Scott Wolf looks much younger].   Nancy and "Nick" have ZERO chemistry.  And ghosts are real?? Nothing is really jelling together for me.

• Love 3

I just got around to watching this episode.

I definitely liked this episode better than the pilot. I got a better feel of the characters and which ones I like. 

Nancy's a solid character. I have to remember that the Nancy Drew from the books was doing this kind of thing too. I liked some of the details they added to her as well, such as being able to read lips. Obviously, we are also supposed to deduce that Nancy wasn't a good girl; she spied on people and did not so nice things. I liked her scenes with George. I particularly liked George admitting that her actions were hypocritical. 

So, Ace and Bess are going to be...friends with benefits? Or literally just friends? Because it's clear Ace likes Bess but it's less clear about Bess' feelings. I am intrigued by her backstory. It does seem like her parents disowned her, but why? 

Ryan gets Carson to represent him, which could be interesting.

I am still not feeling Carson. I don't mind Scott Wolf, but I do not think he fits as Carson Drew in any way. I'm not getting any sort of good vibes with him. And no, it's not just because they recast Freddie Prinze Jr. 

A lot less Ned this time around, which is just fine with me because I don't think the actor's good and he looks a lot older than Nancy (which makes sense, since the actor for Ned and Kennedy McMann are ten years apart). Plus, yeah, no chemistry. 

The ghost stuff COULD be fun but they gotta do the ghost stuff less. 

Overall, I am intrigued with what's going on.  

CSI and forensic-style shows have taught me that dead bodies do not bleed.  Once the heart stops, there is no blood pumping, so any wounds happening after death do not bleed.

With that in mind, can you draw blood from a corpse?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, UncleChuck said:

CSI and forensic-style shows have taught me that dead bodies do not bleed.  Once the heart stops, there is no blood pumping, so any wounds happening after death do not bleed.

With that in mind, can you draw blood from a corpse?

Not a doctor! As I understand it:

The blood is still there. It settles to the "bottom" -- meaning the lowest points depending on how the body is positioned. I would think that yes, you can take blood, and I would also bet that a cut in an area of the body where blood had settled would "bleed." It would just be leakage rather than blood pumped out by the circulatory system.

Happy to have a medical person correct me!

• Useful 1

I'll keep watching a little longer but it needs to start going somewhere soon. Random thoughts...

Ace is too pretty to be playing this burnout character. I get that this is a sexy teen show but they don't all have to look like models.

Dead Lucy is a dumb name. And this is like 2000 so it's not like some old legend. They couldn't come up with something more creative?

The police chief is coming across super unprofessional and actually deranged in the way he treats Nancy. Even if she is a suspect, and why would he sincerely think she's a suspect, that's not how you talk to potential suspects.

I hate the paranormal stuff. The jump scares are just loud and annoying. There isn't any tension. Also, if not for the paranormal stuff the mystery would be more interesting. I could see Lucy not being dead at all given the lack of physical evidence but if Nancy is genuinely seeing her ghost, then she's definitely dead. Which... meh.

If Nancy is such a great detective, why wasn't she perceptive enough to obviously connect the clues about George and Ryan's affair. She only figured it out when she saw them together in the woods.

I feel like the suggestion right now is that Ryan (or someone else in the Hudson family) was involved with Lucy's death and Carson helped cover it up. That's why Nancy's mom made him promise to never work for a Carson again. This could be a misdirect because it seems too obvious.

The bucket thing this episode was a LUNATIC tradition. What in the hell?

Lizbeth seemed way too young for her job. I think I recognized that actress from The Carrie Diaries.

That was wild. I hadn't thought through how she was going to get the blood and was not expecting that at all. In a different location a needle mark could mean drug use or poison. But I imagine at that point, it would be clear that the injection was post-mortem. 

I thought that was just me! It seems like she didn't return to the original screen but that seemed like nonsense so I assumed I just couldn't see it clearly. 

I thought it was one year. It could be anywhere from a few months to 2 years though. It's long enough that Nancy tanked her grades but expects to apply to college next year. And it's a short enough time for her to be angry at her dad for dating the detective and to suspect that they could have been having an affair while her mom was alive. To me that suggests that it can't be much more than a year, if that.

Me either. Maybe they cut a scene that would have made this make sense?

On 10/17/2019 at 3:05 PM, Samwise979 said:

don't know if they were implying that Bess is a lesbian? Or maybe even asexual with the whole "I don't date anyone" thing? Maybe her parents found out and kicked her out. Or she ran away thinking they wouldn't understand. 

I’m not sure but I’m disappointed as I was enjoying her scenes with Ace and looking forward to seeing how it would develop.