Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

On 11/7/2019 at 7:22 PM, Madding crowd said:

This is an interesting case. There is no way she lived in an apartment by herself from ages 6-8. Also wonder why she was in 30 different foster homes. This is one of those stories I can’t make my mind up about. Curious what everyone else thinks.

I adopted a child who had 30 foster care placements. It happens for many reasons:

Due to shortage of foster homes child may be place in one type of home while waiting for something more suitable

Child goes back home and is placed again-happens over and over

Child needs are too great and needs a higher level of care so they are moved

Child does not get along with foster parents kids

Child accuses foster parents of abuse

Foster parents quit

Adoptions fail and they end up back in the system. Failure rate is about 10%

Any reason you can think of. These kids are often in foster care for a long time while their bio parents go through the legal process.

My son too claimed that he lived on the streets since he was two years old. Nope, not in America. There is no way our citizens would allow that to happen.

58 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Dr. Phil always has audiences for mentally ill guests.  Did nobody want tickets for today's show on the woman who loves Vladimir Poo-in?

I noticed the empty seats too and came here to ask if anyone has seen a case where they didn't have people in the audience,  Wonder why.

These shows kind of scare me - watching seemingly normal folks who lose their damn minds and have these weird delusions.  Makes me nervous...

• Love 1

Mrs. Putin’s claims were so ludicrously absurd it was hard not to laugh at her.  But once she started raving about Lord Jesus our Savior and turning Syracuse for Trump it all made sense to me.

And who gets turned away from Canada, fer crissakes??

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Dr. Phil always has audiences for mentally ill guests.  Did nobody want tickets for today's show on the woman who loves Vladimir Poo-in?

He said at the beginning of the show that he thought she would have been too distracted by an audience so he decided to do it without one.

1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I noticed the empty seats too and came here to ask if anyone has seen a case where they didn't have people in the audience,  Wonder why.

I think the second Cash Me Outside appearance was also audience-free.

As for the episode itself, I thought the daughter's voice was annoying.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

And who gets turned away from Canada, fer crissakes??

When you don't have a timeframe for returning, they ask more questions, including how you can afford to drive to Alaska, paying for gas, hotels, dog food, etc.  She probably also mentioned her goal to cross the Bering Strait and marry Putin.  Canadian taxpayers don't want to be on the hook for her mental healthcare.  Border officials didn't let Randy Quaid in when he was spouting delusions, even though his wife is Canadian.  People with guns get turned back, too. I don't know if she had any with her, but an "international operative" might feel the need for protection.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, alegtostandon said:

I just watched the episode.  I knew nothing of this story but did see the movie they were referring to. 

I am really torn.  How did an 8 year old survive by herself in an apartment for a year?  Why did Dr. Phil not utilize any of his many resources to do more research?  How did the previous family get a judge to legally change her age?  What about the first family that gave her up?   How was the birth mother located if all adoption records are sealed (per Google)?  Envision Ukraine Orphan Girl being of normal height,  etc and I see an adult,  not a teen.  

One last question:  as a new viewer to Dr. Phil,  why does his wife look like a totally different person than she does in the earlier episodes? 

I've seen another show about this girl and she is way older than 16. The couple she was first with did a lot of research. She legally had her birthdate changed by the courts. She is a scam artist and I feel sorry for the couple who are facing jail. I think her new "parents" are  in on the scam and they are all looking for money. Dr Phil has been played.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

I've seen another show about this girl and she is way older than 16. The couple she was first with did a lot of research. She legally had her birthdate changed by the courts. She is a scam artist and I feel sorry for the couple who are facing jail. I think her new "parents" are  in on the scam and they are all looking for money. Dr Phil has been played.

It definitely wouldn't be the first time.

15 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Which show was this? I only ask because I've fallen down the rabbit hole on this story and I have not come across this information in my research.

The paperwork that the Barnetts were given when they adopted her said she was born in 2003. The paperwork the DePauls (a couple she stayed with prior to the Barnetts) were given when they were pursuing their adoption case said she was born in 2003. (The DePauls ended up pulling out of the adoption not because they didn't want Natalia but because they ran out of money. They maintain they believed she was a child when she was with them.) The legal age change in 2013 was done at the behest of the Barnetts, changing the 2003 date on her legal paperwork to 1989. This was done ex parte, which means there was no one in court solely representing Natalia's interests. If there was an earlier age change, I have not come across it.

• Love 2

Catching today’s episode and my normally empathetic demeanor is registering zero for this criminal, douche bag POS Dr. Phil is trying to help. 

I get that people can become addicted to opiates. I’ve had injuries and surgeries, too. I’ve had to come off pain meds like anyone else in that situation—it’s hard and you feel shitty, but you deal with it. Just because it’s hard and sucks is no excuse to become a thieving, pathetic dirtbag loser. 

I just don’t find myself caring about this asshole or his stupid clueless mother. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Catching today’s episode and my normally empathetic demeanor is registering zero for this criminal, douche bag POS Dr. Phil is trying to help. 

I get that people can become addicted to opiates. I’ve had injuries and surgeries, too. I’ve had to come off pain meds like anyone else in that situation—it’s hard and you feel shitty, but you deal with it. Just because it’s hard and sucks is no excuse to become a thieving, pathetic dirtbag loser. 

I just don’t find myself caring about this asshole or his stupid clueless mother. 

He's a mandated reporter but not when it comes to murder confessions. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Next week's lineup: we start the week with a possibly pregnant brat teen and end the week with a possibly pregnant brat teen.

11/18: Test Results Revealed: Is 15-Year-Old Marie Really Pregnant?

Fifteen-year-old Marie, who has told her parents she is pregnant after running away three times, says she knows who her baby's father is and has a plan, then takes a pregnancy test so that everyone can determine what her next step should be.

11/19: Innocent and Behind Bars? Amanda Knox Fights to Free the Wrongfully Convicted

Amanda Knox, who became one of the most famous cases of wrongful conviction after spending four years locked in an Italian prison for the murder of her British roommate, fights to save the life of Texas death-row inmate Rodney Reed.

11/20: I Will Do and Steal Anything to Be Bad and Boujee

Alex lies, cheats, and steals thousands of dollars from friends, family and strangers, just so he can live a lifestyle which includes shopping, tanning, getting his hair done and making twerking videos; family say he's a drug addict and a criminal.

11/21: Terrorized by Technology: Held Hostage by Our Smart Homes

Brooklyn and Arjun say their smart homes endangered their children; Hank, who hacked another man's system, tells why he did it; a cybersecurity expert shows ways hackers access sensitive information and how to keep safe in the cyberworld.

11/22: We've Lost Control of Our Raging, Possibly Pregnant, Teen

Tony and Heather say their 17-year-old daughter, Rae, who says she is pregnant, has violent meltdowns every day that often end with police intervention; Rae spent the morning before taping barricading her terminally ill mother in a car.

9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Imma gonna skip this whoooooole week.

Yep.

Things that irritate me nowadays about Dr. Phil show--top one for me is the pretend stutter he takes on when talking with these people.  Interesting he never does it at any other time.

• Love 4

I told myself that I didn't care whether the 15 year old brat was pregnant or not, but idle curiosity got the best of me.  Since I didn't watch the show, I went to Youtube to see if the segment was posted.   Not even wanting to waste any time with that crap, I only read the YT comments to get the verdict.   Apparently, this child is NOT pregnant and if I read the comments right, she was invited to go to some ranch that Phil is affiliated with.   Good luck with that.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2019 at 5:24 PM, patty1h said:

These shows kind of scare me - watching seemingly normal folks who lose their damn minds and have these weird delusions.  Makes me nervous...

Just watched the episode.

i immediately called delusional when this all coincidentally started three years ago and, when confronted with being turned away from Canada, blamed Nancy Pelosi.  Politically, there is just too much coincidence.  She may get help, and I hope she does, but I am going to guess the delusion is too deeply engrained.  What will her life be without the delusion?  I suspect they can help her break the delusion, but how do they give her back her life?  This all started after her third marriage broke off.  I am on my third, so I can’t throw stones, but she has alienated her kids and family, so what does she do instead?  How does she replace the obsession?

I watched a Catfish rerun on OWN, and it was amazing.     The victim was a grandmother, except she didn't give that much to her imaginary boyfriend.   She's actually being investigated by the feds, and local police for being a money mule.    I never saw the phrase "money mule" before, and she is taking money from other fools, and then sending it on to her boyfriend.   Her boyfriend is trapped in Nigeria for a $600 hospital bill, but the fool grandmother gave him all of her bank account information, so he can deposit his huge retirement, and savings into her account.   And he owns a mansion in Michigan, and he's going to retire to the U.S. and then marry grandma, and live in his mansion.     I can't believe people like this woman deny reality, put their entire future in jeopardy, and still won't believe the boyfriend is a fake.   

I'm watching part 2, and strangely enough, OWN has no sound.   I had to learn how to get closed captions to show.    The show's investigators have proved that the address doesn't exist, you don't get jailed in Nigeria for not paying a medical bill, and the man is a crook.    So the grandmother hears the man isn't in any hospital in Lagos, and says "Oh good, he's been discharged".    They even have the man that the scammer used on his web page, and he's saying he knows nothing about the scammer.    There is no way in hell this woman will ever stop collecting and sending money to the scammer, and I bet she's been in on the scheme from the beginning.      

This show was filmed three years ago, I bet granny is still waiting for her boyfriend to show up.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:19 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

I wonder why the the bratty runaway on tomorrow's show is only shown from the lips down.

I wondered that too.  I guess the parents chose not to have her filmed.

I thought the trapping her in the bathroom for the pregnancy test went a little too far, although if she had been my daughter I would have strapped her down and had her take a blood test.  

Thought this was a waste of two entire shows - could have easily been a single show topic.

I think Dr. Phil's producers are not doing him any favors.  Their topics have gotten more Jerry Springer-ish as time goes by.  I think it would be better for him to retire while on top instead of continuing to do this type of show.

As for this girl, I truly hope that she finds some peace.  It is obvious that she is in a great deal of emotional turmoil for whatever reason and she definitely needs help.

• Love 1

Dr. Phil needed to know if the girl was pregnant so he could put her in the proper residential treatment. Sending her out in the middle of nowhere was a good decision.

Thinking like a real 15-year old, I think she wanted to be pregnant to keep the guy. 

"Good" kids and teenagers are not seen. It is the "bad" ones that get all of the attention.

I will give her credit. She did have clothes on. She didn't appear to be someone her flaunted all of her physical assets. So there is that.

Mom needs to stop acting like a powerless doormat. Daughter is taking control because mom sure isn't going to do it. Hate to quote Dr. Phil but mom wouldn't yell fire if she was on fire.

• Love 1
On 11/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Yep.

Things that irritate me nowadays about Dr. Phil show--top one for me is the pretend stutter he takes on when talking with these people.  Interesting he never does it at any other time.

Or how he says stoled instead of stole.. not a word, doc

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Next week includes a Thanksgiving-themed repeat and yet another went-from:

11/25: After Barricading Her Mom in the Car, Rae Makes It to Stage

Teen Rae blames her mother's illness and father's alcoholism and physical abuse for her out-of-control anger and refuses to go for treatment.

11/26: My Husband's Double Life Exposed: Should I End My Marriage?

Nicole discovers that her husband of nearly 20 years has been having a sexual affair with a man; what a private investigator has found out about the other man.

11/27: I Run a Sober Living House but Can't Save My Own Son

Crystal runs a sober living house but says she can't seem to practice the tough love she preaches on her son, Dominique, who went from honor roll student and varsity basketball player to high school dropout and drug hustler.

11/28: A Thanksgiving Disaster, a Burned Toddler and a Family at Odds

Originally aired 9/5/2019

11/29: I Blame Myself for My Father's Murder

Police say Shannon Ivey was murdered sometime in 2016, and his family thinks that his then-wife, Toni, tricked everyone into believing he was still alive by impersonating him via email and text for two years.

What was with the show today with the hacked video cameras? Why does the dad need a video camera in every room to watch his family while he is at work? I only saw fragments of the show as the topic just really didn't interest me, but I think that the controlling dad/husband might be the bigger story here.

• Love 4

Does anyone here know what's happening with the obnoxious "bad and boujee" twerp from the 11/20 show?  

I usually watch the shows a couple of days later on OWN, and wanted to reach through my TV and slap the self-entitled smirk off his face.

I HOPE the State of Michigan moves against him on the charges Dr. Phil showed.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Does anyone here know what's happening with the obnoxious "bad and boujee" twerp from the 11/20 show?  

I usually watch the shows a couple of days later on OWN, and wanted to reach through my TV and slap the self-entitled smirk off his face.

I HOPE the State of Michigan moves against him on the charges Dr. Phil showed.

I don't know but he was perhaps one of the most annoying people ever to grace the Dr. Phil show.  He truly thought  he was all that and he absolutely wasn't.  His mother, sister and friend needed to grow a backbone and hold him accountable for his actions.  There was no excuse.

There used to be a forum on the Dr. Phil page where people discussed the shows and sometimes there were updates posted there but I can no longer find it.  On Facebook the guy was on an "after the show" video and he was doubling down.  Stupid jerk.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 2
On 11/23/2019 at 4:31 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Someone elsewhere found his Instagram account; the first half of the username gives a clue that he likely only came on there to get his time in the spotlight.

I checked it out... public figure!! Whatever! What a stupid fool!!!

Next week:

12/2: I'm Leaving My Husband Next Week if He Doesn't Get Help With His OCD!

Robin has set a deadline for her husband to get help with his mental disorder, or he may be out on the streets; he says he is a prisoner in his own head and spends his life living in torment, but he's willing to do anything to keep her in his life.

12/3: Battle of the Exes

Mike and Julia say that Mike's ex-wife, Christy, has been stalking and harassing them, repeatedly sending the police to their house for no reason; Christy denies their accusations and says that her ex-husband is poisoning her son against her.

12/4: Chased by Police and Accused of an Interstate Crime Spree (originally scheduled to air on 11/19)

Alexis, 23, completely changed when she met 30-year-old Lance, who has been caught committing armed robbery and auto theft; she says she will stand by him because he gave her love and acceptance and she is willing to wait until he gets out of prison.

12/5: A Dr. Phil Exclusive: Two Young Women Who Put Larry Nassar Behind Bars

Ex-Olympic and Michigan State University doctor Larry Nassar is to spend the rest of his life in prison after hundreds of people came forward about his sexual abuse; two young women speak out for the first time on TV about their experiences with him.

12/6: Vanished! Where Is Dulce? And What Does Her Mother Know? (originally scheduled to air on 11/21)

Five-year-old Dulce Maria Alvarez vanished without a trace, reportedly while playing in a New Jersey park as her mother sat in a car nearby; in an exclusive interview, her mother speaks out.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

What was with the show today with the hacked video cameras? Why does the dad need a video camera in every room to watch his family while he is at work? I only saw fragments of the show as the topic just really didn't interest me, but I think that the controlling dad/husband might be the bigger story here.

That house looked like the Dirty John camera in every room scene...good grief! Cameras in the hallways too. What the hell? Either relives in a crappy area or he's just paranoid.

• Love 2

Wow!   There's an OWN rerun of a two part (this is the second) of Kay the catfish victim, who has sent over $200k, to her boyfriend in the UK.      This woman shows every emotion, tells everyone to shut up when her 'boyfriend' is shown to be fake.   This 'victim' is exactly what the other Catfish targets really are inside, in my opinion.     She's nasty, lashes out, and will never believe her romantic partner is a fraud.   I bet she left the studio and sent him money.    Kay actually has a lot of deposits from strangers into her bank account, that she sends on to her overseas boyfriend.    Money laundering charges are in her future.    The sort-of-daughter to Kaye says, 'she's sending late grandpa's money to this scammer', but most of it isn't her money, it's other victims.        Kaye claims she believes another victim of the same scammer (different name, same borrowed picture of another man), but I bet she's still sending money to him.. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Before Robin's fake miracle cream segment there was an announcement that said "The following segment is a paid for advertisement". Is that disclosure new?  

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

Sounds like the stations paying the syndication fees finally got tired of letting Robin have free promotion during their airtime and want money for the time she uses.   Maybe she'll decide to just shill that mess on her podcast soon.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Today’s show had the same announcement about the following segment being a paid advertisement. Then it promoted an Olay product with one of their people giving it to a female police officer. I don’t understand this at all-Shill’s wife has her own products that they promote on his show. They also promote No.7 and Olay products but it’s just the past few days that they’ve given that announcement. Legal problems maybe? Robin didn’t look happy on the “famous walk out” today. Ha.

Oh and of course, the self serving twitter compliment read by Shill at the end of the show. This man has NO SHAME.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Wow!   There's an OWN rerun of a two part (this is the second) of Kay the catfish victim, who has sent over $200k, to her boyfriend in the UK.      This woman shows every emotion, tells everyone to shut up when her 'boyfriend' is shown to be fake.   This 'victim' is exactly what the other Catfish targets really are inside, in my opinion.     She's nasty, lashes out, and will never believe her romantic partner is a fraud.   I bet she left the studio and sent him money.    Kay actually has a lot of deposits from strangers into her bank account, that she sends on to her overseas boyfriend.    Money laundering charges are in her future.    The sort-of-daughter to Kaye says, 'she's sending late grandpa's money to this scammer', but most of it isn't her money, it's other victims.        Kaye claims she believes another victim of the same scammer (different name, same borrowed picture of another man), but I bet she's still sending money to him.. 

Funnily enough, C.I.A., I watched that rerun too, or the last several minutes of it.  I tried to find a place on line where I could see the earlier part of the episode, where they unraveled the truth, but altho I found the episode, I would've had to Join some site I never heard of, and the one version I found had looong commercials and promos for 2019 shows, (literally 3 to 5 to 14 minutes, which you couldn't fast-forward) and I gave up.  Does anybody know of a place you can watch very old episodes a little easier?

Also, this is one of those you would really like to see an update on, but they are really bad about that.   Maybe it's a contractual thing.  But in other reality type shows there are people who scrape up subsequent info.  She was a terrible, terrible person and I wonder if she did indeed just keep  on communicating and sending money.  

My personal guess is that 90% of the catfish 'victims' that are actually laundering money, and relaying packages to their overseas boyfriends are not innocent, and keep right on doing it.   The other 10% probably stop financing their scammer, but then find someone to take their place.  

A lot of the so-called victims, aren't victims.   They launder money and property, and are part of the scam.       

There was a woman who lived near me, that was well known to some of my co-workers, but she was 'dumb as a box of hammers' to quote a former acquaintance.   This woman was arrested on federal charges, because she accepted (in total) a few million in electronics, computer parts (main frames), and high powered electronics.    The material was purchases on stolen credit accounts, sent to the woman, and DHL would pick up over $200k at a time of readdressed stuff from her garage.    Then the material was shipped overseas, and included prohibited computer items (they could be repurposed for weapons systems, and other military purposes, and were on the prohibited export lists), and she was paid something for being the middle person.     One afternoon the feds showed up, arrested her, and no one heard of her again.    Everyone figured she didn't have the guts to show her face again.   

Today's catfish rerun on OWN is Joy, who 'married' a U.S. soldier in Nigeria via text message. and she has been sending him a lot of money.   In fact, Western Union won't let her send any more through their system, and she's now sending it all through Green Dot money cards.   

She also claims he was robbed, and shot, and the U.S. military wouldn't pay his hospital bills.   She also sent money for his hotel bills, and food, since the Air Force wasn't feeding or housing him, and his buddy.  She also claims that he could only leave the Air Force if he gets married, because otherwise you're kept in the Air Force for life.      Even after a retired Air Force officer tells her that the Air Force doesn't make you stay in unless you're married, they always pay your medical bills, and housing, and feed you, she doesn't believe him.   The scammer refused to talk to her on air, but she's still shelling out for a wedding dress for almost $10,000, and she's still sending him money.    She also claims he's British, moved to the U.S. and has a French accent because he's been around a lot of French people (this was in Alabama, according to Joy)    She's sent him $50,000, and he has a cell phone account in her name.    I don't care what she says, she's never going to stop sending him money, or claiming they're married.   This woman sent him $51000+ in one year.    

The first part of Joy the Catfish was pretty boring, setting her up as a poor victim, whenever something was said about her scammer, she got very ugly.    Then, in part 2 she was absolutely hateful after they proved the man was a fake.   They even had another catfish victim on, and Joy was nasty about her too.   Joy really didn't lose much money, because people are sending her bank account money that she transfers to the scammer.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Anybody watch the show where the woman who runs a Sober House's son was a total and complete pothead?  Although I felt bad for the mom and grandmother her "I don't want to involve the police because that's how young men end up in prison" lost me totally - excuse me lady, your son is dealing drugs to minors, crossing an international border, is so stoned that he can't even speak, and you think you can keep him out of prison?  Not to mention that he turns 18 in a few weeks so he undoubtedly will check himself out of rehab and be back on the streets.  I guess she will at least know visiting him in prison will keep him off the streets.  I couldn't figure out whether that young man was just stupid or had just killed too many braincells.  In some ways it breaks my heart - he had on braces and still looked like a little kid in so many ways.

(If he had stolen my car I would have called the police from the get-go.)

• Love 1

Next week seems to be a "ripped from the headlines" week:

12/9: DNA Drama: Fertility Doctors' Secret Children

With advances in DNA technology, the exposure of fertility fraud is on the rise; Dr. Donald Cline is now linked to nearly 70 biological children, who are left to pick up the pieces after learning that the person who raised them is not their father.

12/10: My Mom Took My Phone, Car, Condo and Kids: Help Me Get Them Back!

Liz says she had no choice but to seek custody of her daughter Morgan's children, because Morgan is addicted to ADHD medication, hears voices, and hid a fugitive in her home for 11 days.

12/11: Pedophile Hunters

Three private "pedophile hunters" claim they risk their lives each night by using "decoys" to lure suspects to public locations, where they confront them while live-streaming their "stings."

12/12: Pedophile Hunters: Victim of Sting Fights Back!

Vigilante "pedophile hunters" come face-to-face with a man who says he was falsely accused of grooming a 15-year-old child online; he says his and his wife's lives were turned upside down by a vigilante group that publicly shamed him online.

12/13: Murder in Alaska: Teen Allegedly Lured to Death by Best Friend

An unsuspecting teen may have been lured into the woods and murdered by her best friend when a mystery man posing online as a handsome millionaire offered money for murder on video; the father on a relentless quest for justice speaks out.

12 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

"My mom took my phone" and the "pedo hunters" may be interesting. I'll skip "DNA drama" and "murder in Alaska" because I generally hate the forensics shows.

I always feel so bad for the parents on the forensics shows - they are desperate to find answers to that which really has no answer.