Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, why were the sponsors fleeing?  

I think that when he compared covid risks to the risk of swimming pools, he put himself in the Oz category. I call it "the quackening".

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

So, on today's OWN rerun from 2013, Katie is married to John, and he's a liar about everything.  He's claimed to have testicular cancer, stealing money from the wife, and lying about everything else.     He's been unemployed for a year, but hangs out at the mall and library, and texts greetings home from 'work'.   

Phil is blaming Katie for letting this go on, and saying she knew he was a liar before she married him.    She was wrong to marry him with the red flags, but I don't blame her for the husband's lies.  She may be an enabler, but John lied about everything.   They've already lost their home, and with all of the other lies, she hasn't dumped him.  

When Phil calls the wife an enabler, she doesn't react at all, or even respond.    I just feel sorry for the kid. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Watched an episode which was iirc, from last week about the young woman who was mauled by 2 pitbulls she was caring for. What a brave woman to come on this show as badly disfigured as she is. 

Her ears were ripped off, part of her nose, her lips, chin. She has years of more surgeries. 

Don't watch if you have a weak stomach. 

• Sad 2

New catfish episode coming on Wednesday.   I had gotten numb to the last few because the guests are so DENSE that I shut my mind off to them.  I will DVR this next one to see if they push the envelope since it's May sweeps.

The difference with this catfish (which concludes tomorrow) is that she is on SSDI, so it's actually our money that is being sent to the catfish.  I missed the first part of the episode so am not sure about a lot of the background.  What I really don't understand is how someone on a limited income could end up being $76,000 in debt.  Who is loaning money to her?  What is the limit on her credit cards?

• Useful 2

First episode of 2 in the new catfish show. Catfish lady had a career in the military in some aspect of "military intelligence". Guy who is cat fishing her looks like Sasquatch in the pics of him with his shirt off. I know he's  not the person catfishing her, but he is very very shaggy!

• Like 2

Remember when a Catfish show used to take Dr Phil one episode?  He is stretching this one out torturously.  He wasted an entire segment asking how a decent man could ask a woman for money ..  His demonstration of the fraudulent document was so sloppy - didn't focus in on the incorrect parts.  We all know what the substantive parts are, and it only takes  four or five to prove the case, and we barely got two today.  

I will be there tomorrow, and then maybe in July or August if they do another one.  Oh and this lady was at least awake today, if woefully gullible.

• Like 2

Yes, I knew Phil was going to drag this out for more than one day, that's his latest formula for catfishing shows.

Things that made me shake my head:

Catfishee woman claims to not have money for food, but she smokes.  How much does a pack of ciggies cost these days??

Also, catfishee woman claims to be disabled, but she smokes

No wonder she believes this BS, she appears to have very low IQ

• Like 4

The catfishee was like all the others... hard up for love and willing to pay for it.  This woman would not accept it when her sister told her Ricardo was fake but she would only accept this fact if Dr. Phil got the "proof".  That just makes these fools sound more pathetic - your family wants what's best for you but you won't listen until a TV host to steps in?   No empathy.

As this turned out to be a rather routine episode, I was getting bored... until that real estate agent came onscreen.   I swear that Phil was going to reveal the woman was an A.I.   Her face was soooo filtered it looked unreal.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 5/3/2023 at 7:18 AM, suzeecat said:

Also, catfishee woman claims to be disabled, but she smokes

I know someone who was on disability for COPD from smoking 2 packs a day. She still smokes. She's  even got the handicapped parking privileges. It's a crazy government here in America.

I missed the second part of the catfish show. Did Phil have the shaggy man on the show?

• Mind Blown 1
57 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

I missed the second part of the catfish show. Did Phil have the shaggy man on the show?

Yes, Phil tracked down the guy in the picture used to con the victim.  His name is James and he did a short taped clip to say that he is not Ricardo and has never talked to (name?).  He also said that his pic has been used for the last 10 years by scammers.   

One other thing on this episode was they got their hands on the Nigerian scammers playbook - it's called "How to Make a White Woman Fall in Love with You".  It's a 40 page manual with tips, tricks, techniques used by these guys to find, connect and get money out of women.  These guys put a lot of thought and energy into this - keeping notes on each victim, like their kids names, pets names, hobbies, etc. so they can use this info to sink their claws in deeper.

• Like 3
On 5/2/2023 at 8:15 PM, Chippings said:

Remember when a Catfish show used to take Dr Phil one episode? 

That's because he begins each earth shattering comment with his stutter.  Gawd I hate his pretend stuttering more than anything--even Robin's plastic face.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

There may be an end in sight.   The local ABC station was carrying Dr. Phil, and now will have Kelly Clarkson's show in that time slot starting in September.   I guess Phil's show won't be in endless reruns in syndication unlike Judge Judy's show is.  

The show has officially ended - the last new episode aired earlier this year.   The show used to run on my local CBS station, where they reran episodes for a while but they pulled it recently and filled its spot with The View.   They are still running old episodes on OWN.

• Mind Blown 1
On 10/23/2023 at 6:43 PM, patty1h said:

The show has officially ended.

Have I been in a coma or was this a well known fact? But thanks for the info Patty1h.

No more catfish shows! Lol.

Edited by Jst2Wld