Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I wish I could muster some sympathy for Lois. Does she have a hearing problem? She just repeats, "I don't know" a million times or repeats herself over and over again to something like "I'm just trying to get him home", blah, blah, blah, after Dr. Phil presents strong evidence that he's a scammer. I've had enough of people who seemingly never listen or evolve to another opinion when people are trying to help them. She's been through all of this before; what possesses a person to continually reach into the internet and hook up - what, for the third time with a scammer? Aren't there other options she could try, like trying to meet someone locally through other means? A real, live, guy from the US that lives down the street from her - or even an hour or two away?

Does she need medication? If so, go and get it. Is she deeply depressed? Go to therapy, work out issues and work to get a better life, which includes living in reality. She seems sad. I hope in part II Dr. Phil not only convinces her that the love of her life is a scammer, but he takes the next step with getting her medical attention. She must be terribly lonely to fall for these scammers over and over again.

• Love 3

Lois is just mentally ill, not very bright, and desperate for love. Very sad but very true. 
Dr. Phil trying to talk logically with her and provide overwhelming evidence is just futile. She will never believe it, no matter what. 

• Love 5

Part 2, of the Catfish show with the mysterious guest from Jamaica is airing today.   

After appearing two years ago, Lois went back to talking and giving money to her three Catfishers, The General, Paul Shaw, and Fred Adler. 

The real Fred is named Mark, and the picture was taken at Pine Island Golf Club in NC, and some were taken at Myrtle Beach, and some at his house.  Lois meets the man from the Fred Adler photos, and he's not Fred or Paul  either. The man in the photos has nothing to do with this scam.  

Mark still owns the shirts in the photos, has never talked to Lois before, and has never been to Africa.  

Lois is lying to everyone, including herself, she will never stop believing in her three scammers.  (My guess is Lois is still sending money to the scammers). 

Then, they show another woman,  Jane, who Dr. Phil told her love muffin, Johnathan Wyatt,  was a fake, and she claimed she saw the light.  She put her house on the market, and was moving to Miami to be with her boyfriend.    Jane sent the man almost $1 million so far.   Dr. Phil sent someone to Miami to see where Johnathan used to live, no one has ever heard of him.    Jane actually met the real man in the photos, and still went back to talking to Johnathan.   

Then, after the taping she went right back to talking to the scammer, didn't get her house back, and is still convinced she's dealing with a real person, and if she pays his debt off, he'll get $10 million plus dollars.   Jane packed her bags, and flew to Miami, sent him $150k more, and when she was broke she finally realized she was scammed.    She sent him a total of $1.3 million.  

(They're showing the May previews, it's a ratings sweeps month, so there will be a lot of slimy episodes).    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Breedom said:

I hope in part II Dr. Phil not only convinces her that the love of her life is a scammer, but he takes the next step with getting her medical attention. She must be terribly lonely to fall for these scammers over and over again.

In the show today, she gets help from none other than Coach Mike.

In other words, he didn't get her any actual medical attention.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The first time I saw Coach Mike on Phil’s show was his introduction along with Demi Lovato. She was supposed to be his shining star, his proof that his CAST program worked. They showed film of her working with other young addicts, etc. She was nothing but a liar, still using drugs and alcohol and continued to do that for a long time. She’s a mess and Coach Mike was of no help to her. She used him and he used Phil. As soon as I see him, click.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We're now (finally!) into the final month of Season 20. Here's what's up for the first week of May:

5/2: The Mystery of Our Messy Marriage: Who's the Cheater?

Yvette says husband Steve has been cheating and hacking into her phone to cover it up; he denies it, and their daughter says he isn't tech-savvy enough; Dr. Phil does some digging and discovers this situation is not as straightforward as it may seem.

5/3: Is It My Fault My Mother Is Homeless?

Valerie was evicted from her apartment and lost almost everything she owned; daughter Heather says her mother is choosing to live in a tent on the streets, drinking two bottles of vodka a day.

5/4: Beauty and the Boxer

Repeat from September 21st

5/5: Miami Model Stabs Boyfriend to Death Exclusive: His Family Speaks

Video shows Courtney Clenney, a model and social media influencer who boasts millions of followers, wearing a bikini top and covered in her boyfriend, Christian "Toby" Obumseli's blood; his family say he was being abused, not killed in self-defense.

5/6: 4 Car Accidents in 5 Months: Help Get Our Mom off the Road

Erica and Jean say their 76-year-old mother, Blanche, takes too many medications, and they are worried that she will hurt someone else, as she has been in several car accidents.

On 4/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Part 2, of the Catfish show with the mysterious guest from Jamaica is airing today.   

After appearing two years ago, Lois went back to talking and giving money to her three Catfishers, The General, Paul Shaw, and Fred Adler. 

Lois clearly has a mental problem and I hope someone (even Dr. P) can help her.  I actually like his role in these catfish episodes and think maybe it could be his niche in his golden years.   I just hate those angry child episodes.

It is so difficult to believe a woman would send over a million dollars to someone she has never met.  She'd be better off just paying for dates by the week.  At least she'd get to really see them.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

It is so difficult to believe a woman would send over a million dollars to someone she has never met.  She'd be better off just paying for dates by the week.  At least she'd get to really see them.

Sometimes I wonder if not having a real life, daily physical relationship with  someone is part of the attraction and appeal of being in a "long distance" relationship of this sort.  They can keep the fantasy that they believe they can be attractive to an often younger but always attractive, successful, intelligent, attentive romantic "lover" and suspend the reality of the type of man they would actually attract "in real life" (i.e. stinky deadbeat beer-belly freeloader).  It's all about the romantic, complimentary lovey-dovey banter that they want to hear, with none of the day to day mundane life of picking up dirty boxer shorts off the bathroom floor, sharing the TV remote, thermostat wars, bickering over finances, dirty dishes in the sink etc. 

We see this play out all the time on shows like 90-Day Fiance, where people continue on-line relationships with someone they had a vacation fling with, then when that person actually comes to live with them, reality sets in and they find it's not as romantic in person with day to day responsibilities.  Also on Love After Lockup (no judgement!) where people have "pen pals" in prison and plan this wonderful life after the convict is released, only to find that they really don't know each other and they had totally opposite expectations of how it would be once they were living together. 

• Love 1

Unless these women are disguised, I don't know why some down-on-their-luck guys at church, or in their neighborhood, or on parole JUST DON'T DATE THEM.  They don't even have to steal their millions, just have her pay for their dinners, their cruises, their car repairs.  The women get what they need and the guys get needed income.  Cheaper than sending their retirement pay to Nigeria.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I understand that some of the women who end up having relationships with prisoners do it for the emotional gratification -- they feel needed, wanted and have something to do to fill their time.  The other side of this coin is that they get their emotional fix w/o the person being there physically, which can be stressful and messy. 

I feel these catfish victims get hooked for similar reasons.  Lois seems to be on another level, with some mental issues clouding her judgment, but I think part of her (and others in her shoes) is getting some vicarious benefit from it.  Having another person depending on you can be water to someone starving for a connection. 

*I just went back and read the comments and see that @suzeecat basically said everything I said here

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1

Today's episode was about Valerie, an alcoholic homeless woman living in the streets of LA.

It was a good show, but what seems to be constant interrupting commercial breaks really does take away from the show. You're getting into it, then . . . another break breaks up the flow. Other shows don't seem to do this.

Why did Dr. Phil have an infomercial on a robo-cleaning device in the middle of his show? It was an audience give-away, but having Dr. Phil suddenly appear touting the benefits of this thing - inbetween counseling a broken family - it's just odd. Why does this keep happening? Again, it just detracts from the importance of someone's story, which is being aired for the world to see.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, patty1h said:

I understand that some of the women who end up having relationships with prisoners do it for the emotional gratification -- they feel needed, wanted and have something to do to fill their time.  The other side of this coin is that they get their emotional fix w/o the person being there physically, which can be stressful and messy. 

I feel these catfish victims get hooked for similar reasons.  Lois seems to be on another level, with some mental issues clouding her judgment, but I think part of her (and others in her shoes) is getting some vicarious benefit from it.  Having another person depending on you can be water to someone starving for a connection. 

*I just went back and read the comments and see that @suzeecat basically said everything I said here

. . . you said it so much more succinctly! 😀

• Love 2
On 5/3/2022 at 9:21 PM, Breedom said:

episode was about Valerie, an alcoholic homeless woman living in the streets of LA.

I’m just wondering how this housing situation is going to work with her anger problem and sharing chores.  And I never heard anyone say guess what you can’t drink in this free housing.

• Love 1

Next week: a week of troublesome husbands and a happy hoarder.

5/9: Mentally Ill or Just Awful? What's Wrong With Josh?

Pregnant Danielle says her husband, Josh, has repeatedly cheated on her and been physically abusive in front of their two young children; Josh blames his bipolar disorder for his bad behavior.

5/10: My Husband Can't Control His Violent Temper

Sara says her husband, Jason, has a violent and uncontrollable temper that has resulted in physical abuse toward her; he says that when he gets angry "a devil takes over," and inflicting pain on the person who triggered him is his only instinct.

5/11: Dangerous Love: A Couple's Big Decision

Jason says he is willing to do whatever it takes to save his family and change his violent, abusive behavior; Jon Taffer ("Bar Rescue") helps teach Jason a healthier way to navigate conflict; Dr. Phil checks in with Jason and wife Sara a month later.

5/12: The Happy Hoarder

Kristen says she isn't a hoarder, but admits that her "collection of things" is creating a problem: she is running out of room; why she says it is hard for her to part with her belongings; friends say that her "hoarding" is keeping her isolated.

5/13: My Husband Needs to Smoke Weed

Stuart says he has been smoking marijuana for 50 years and stays "stoned" all day long; wife Renee says she is desperate for him to put down his pipe once and for all but admits that she drives him to marijuana dispensaries.

Today's show with the 76 year old nurse and her addiction to pain meds was good. I liked Blanche's daughters who held her accountable without losing their cool. I really liked how Dr. Phil told the daughters that their mom just didn't have the capability to mother them and that she couldn't give what she didn't have. So he supported the daughters too, not overlooking their personal issues growing up.

But at the end of the show, Dr. Phil was talking about an online game with two new "guests" - and what does this have to do with anything? He's pushing a game? Why? It cheapens the show. It really turns me off.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

But at the end of the show, Dr. Phil was talking about an online game with two new "guests" - and what does this have to do with anything? He's pushing a game? Why? It cheapens the show. It really turns me off.

He's been doing that a while.   A shame.   I'm surprised they haven't shown him and the missus in a competition to see who would win.  But we all know who would win of course.

Edited by parrotfeathers
19 hours ago, Breedom said:

I have seen some crazy behavior by the McGraws on this show, but this one took the cake. Urging viewers to spend more time on their phones seems antithetical to what a supposed Psychologist should be advising people to do - especially if they already have health and weight issues. When they teased the sisters clever plan for weight loss together, I thought perhaps walking together or cooking healthy meals.... but no-when you are hungry, play Shill's game on your phone. I am on my phone right now eating a chimichanga whilst typing this post. I fail to see how this game is supposed to help with losing weight. I am pretty sure I could play a game on my phone and still stuff Cheetos in my chimichanga hole.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 5/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Pregnant Danielle says her husband, Josh, has repeatedly cheated on her and been physically abusive in front of their two young children; Josh blames his bipolar disorder for his bad behavior.

What the heck?

Danielle didn't want to leave Josh because she doesn't want her kids to come from a "broken home.". OMG. What???? Is she nuts? Her kids are BEING DAMAGED. But, hey, they could still enjoy having two parents in the home, right? What an absolute nutcase.

I resent the antiquated term "broken home." That has a very negative connotation. It is actually a home where two once loving partners fell out of love, had issues that could not be resolved, grew apart, or many other reasons. THERE IS NO BROKENNESS HERE. There is craziness, abuse, etc. but it's not a "broken home". Dr. Phil should work to get rid of this negative phrase and what I see as an outdated way to say two adults with children have decided to end a marriage but still co-parent their lovely children.

I wish Dr. Phil addressed why Danielle REALLY doesn't leave Josh. Excuse #2: She stated that the reason is if they divorced she would be afraid he'd be able to get the kids unsupervised. No, Danielle - you know that's not the reason. The reason that I suspect is that she doesn't have money and she might end up on the street. I recall one time Dr. Phil lectured someone with children saying he didn't care what that guest had to do in order to leave her abusive spouse. Danielle probably saw that show and didn't want to hear that same thing, which she would not be willing to do and would not want to admit it.

Dr. Phil should have addressed Danielle's floor-level self esteem. She's okay with her husband trying to choke her, wants their baby to die, stuffed a bleached rag in her mouth, has rages and behavior that change their children's brains, threatened her with a belt, was arrested in a sting operation, propositioned her young daughter, had 60 affairs and I can't remember what all else. Yet, she still picks Josh over her children. There is something clearly wrong with her and it will take a long while to process all that internal garbage that she carries around with her in order to be in a better place. Her counselor is doing a lousy job. Oh, and she's pregnant! OMG. Just OMG. Why didn't Dr. Phil say something about that? These two are possibly the most dysfunctional people I have seen on the show.

• Love 5

Ok y'all-the word for today is entree prenewer. Dr. Phil assures us that Jon Taffer entree prenewer extrordinaire is going to help this extremely violent man.  He did not even finish college. How irresponsible is it for Shill to bring a fucking hospitality manager into this situation. Well, he might be useful when this dude finally kills his wife. He can arrange the catering. As for the wife, Danielle, throw the whole man out before he kills you and dont go to a fucking caterer for mental health advice. I thought that mess with the weight loss and video games the other day was a jump of the shark, but this show? Imagine my mouth gaping open like Robins at this whole mess.  Oh Lord, now Robin chimes in letting her know she is not an expert but she is going to give her advice.....seriously-why do people put any faith in these people??  Ok, I am off to call my refrigerator repair shop because my car is broke down or maybe Taffer works on cars too? Or do entree prenewers do that?

• Love 4
On 5/10/2022 at 7:29 AM, suzeecat said:

The whole time I was watching this episode I was wondering what attracted Danielle to Josh in the first place (and vice versa). 

At least twice Dr. P reminded her he was a mandated reporter.  (I had forgotten!).  Well--did he mandate or report this mess?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

At least twice Dr. P reminded her he was a mandated reporter.  (I had forgotten!).  Well--did he mandate or report this mess?

Of course not. He’s not a mandated reporter, which is why he’s never reported anyone, even the most egregious cases. He just loves pretending he’s a mandated reporter.

Makes him sound important and powerful. like your typical kindergarten teacher. 🙄

• Love 4

I wish abused women wouldn’t go on this show. Phil spends a lot of time threatening the women that he will have her kids taken away because he is a mandated reporter and she is “allowing” herself to be abused. There are many reasons why women don’t leave abusers. It is especially hateful because Robin runs the charity supposedly for abused women. He is too out of touch for these cases. He does well with the catfish people but he no longer should be counseling people in abusive situations.

• Love 3
(edited)

He's not licensed, and hasn't been for years, and never in California.   His show is classed as entertainment by the psychologists association in California, established after Britany's hospitalization years ago.   So he's not a mandated reporter in California either.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Next week: another violent son, another true crime story, another hoarder and the return of a kook with a God complex.

5/16: Mark Anthony Returns: New Love or Old Flame?; Wedding Disaster: Lost Memories

Sixty-one-year-old Mark says he thought he could help Georgia with her aspiring modeling career, but Georgia's mother, Kellie, learns that Mark had other plans for her daughter; Marina returns to give Dr. Phil an update on her life.

5/17: 17 & Extra Mean: Help My Pot-Smoking, School-Skipping Teen!

Christy says her 17-year-old son, Cameron, is disrespectful and has been physically and verbally abusive toward her; she worries that once he turns 18, he'll end up in jail or dead.

5/18: Buried Alive in Clutter; New Approach to Parenting

Lori and Bob claim they are being buried alive by their belongings and only have a small path to maneuver around their house; the couple say they need to sell their home for financial reasons but are stuck because of what it looks like on the inside.

5/19: Unsolved Homicide: Who Put Ebby Steppach in the Drainpipe?

Exploring the 2015 disappearance and subsequent death of 18-year-old Ebby Steppach.

5/20: My Fear of Dying Is Killing Me

Caitlin has a constant fear of death and says she goes to the hospital several times a day to make sure she isn't dying; she claims her husband, Keaton, has been talking to other women while she has been in hospitals.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:36 AM, Madding crowd said:

I wish abused women wouldn’t go on this show. Phil spends a lot of time threatening the women that he will have her kids taken away because he is a mandated reporter and she is “allowing” herself to be abused. There are many reasons why women don’t leave abusers. It is especially hateful because Robin runs the charity supposedly for abused women. He is too out of touch for these cases. He does well with the catfish people but he no longer should be counseling people in abusive situations.

Thank you for pointing this out. I have no idea why anyone would go on this show for any real help. Shill is a joke and does more harm than good.

• Love 3

I don't understand how a woman could stay with a man who has smoked pot nonstop for 50 years. Why doesn't she want more for herself? Her life must be miserable and it's not a marriage; she's a caregiver. They don't share anything, go anywhere as a couple, travel, share stories of their day, etc. Renee says that she sees Stuart as he once was and that apparently is enough for her. She knows he's still in there.

But she deserves more. She's in a tough spot though - she apparently loves the guy and if she leaves, he'd be on the street homeless and that's hard to do. But at the expense of her own life? She stopped working at her $90K year job doing what she loved, to what --- stay home babysitting a man. How can she look at her life, as a woman, and understand this is what she settled for? She has stopped living. Is she depressed? I don't think Dr. Phil provided counseling for her, did he? She needs it, to see why she would accept this life for herself. I'm not talking Dr. On Demand. I'm talking intense face to face sessions with a therapist and it'll take more than 10 sessions to resolve this.

Also, what on earth was the Sundae business at the end of the show? Why is Dr. Phil getting tangled up in this and why is it part of his show? Everything sounded scripted so it was nothing more than another commercial. Baffling why he keeps doing this.

• Love 2
(edited)

Also, what on earth was the Sundae business at the end of the show? Why is Dr. Phil getting tangled up in this and why is it part of his show? Everything sounded scripted so it was nothing more than another commercial. Baffling why he keeps doing this.

This is what Sundae is (other than something delicious):

Sundae makes selling your home as-is simple and worry-free so you can have confidence and peace of mind at every step. No repairs, cleaning, or showings. Get the highest off-market price possible and close with confidence on your timeline.

He explains here why he's involved with them (he doesn't just sponsor/promote the company on the show, he's also a paid spokesperson).

Edited by iHateAmpersands
17 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

He explains here why he's involved with them (he doesn't just sponsor/promote the company on the show, he's also a paid spokesperson).

Oh yes, I read this prior to my post. I guess I was just wondering why this took shape into an infomercial on his show, as do so many other products. His show changed somewhere along the way from the original format, and that's what I am still expecting. Plus his show seems to have an abundance of breaks/commercials.

18 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

This is what Sundae is (other than something delicious):

That’s not really an explanation of why he does these infomercials. That’s just marketing from the company. Nothing different from what he does on the show, written by the company and he says it for a fee. 

• Love 1

Yesterday's show was a mess so bad that I couldn't not watch. He brings on victims of a flaming psychopath with zero self-control, no connection to reality, and of course he is loud and arrogant. Does Dr. Phil want to be the new Jerry Springer? He let the jerk get away with constantly interrupting and verbally abusing other guests with only a sort of firm verbal reprimand. The victims seem to have mostly figured out that they were connected to a genuinely bad person, and the psycho has no hope of ever fixing himself (assuming that this wasn't all scripted from the beginning). Other than morbid fascination on haw awful a man can be, there was no value, nothing useful in the show, but seems to be the way that Dr. Phil is trying to not fade into well-deserved anonymity.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Yesterday's show was a mess so bad that I couldn't not watch. He brings on victims of a flaming psychopath with zero self-control, no connection to reality, and of course he is loud and arrogant. Does Dr. Phil want to be the new Jerry Springer? He let the jerk get away with constantly interrupting and verbally abusing other guests with only a sort of firm verbal reprimand. The victims seem to have mostly figured out that they were connected to a genuinely bad person, and the psycho has no hope of ever fixing himself (assuming that this wasn't all scripted from the beginning). Other than morbid fascination on haw awful a man can be, there was no value, nothing useful in the show, but seems to be the way that Dr. Phil is trying to not fade into well-deserved anonymity.

I thought the same thing. Why did he let this man run roughshod over everyone there? Why was this even a show?

39 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I thought the same thing. Why did he let this man run roughshod over everyone there? Why was this even a show?

It had potential to be a good show, but I felt no emotional energy coming from Dr. Phil. He looked half asleep. If he had placed boundaries on Mr. Nutcase, firm boundaries, that would have helped him gain control. He used to do this and I loved it when he put someone in their place. That's part of what I liked about the show - when there was some loud-mouthed bully or someone who acts like a belligerent fool, I could count on Dr. Phil to set them straight. Now he just remains silent and/or puts his head in his hands . . . I don't like that.

A few shows in a row, I noticed Robin with her open mouth shocked look. As I said once before, as the wife of a respected and prominent doctor, she shouldn't act like that. Whether you like Dr. Phil or not, he's an experienced psychologist with extensive training. Robin shouldn't be all gasping at people's actions or problems. That's what his viewers are there for! :)

• Love 1

Wow, did you see the look in that psycho's eyes as Dr. Phil was wrapping up the segment? That guy was staring at Phil like he was about to kill him. I bet the bodyguards were just off stage ready to run in.

12 hours ago, Breedom said:

Robin shouldn't be all gasping at people's actions or problems.

My question is WHY does the camera even pan to her?   Surely she knows her mouth gaping open isn't her best shot.  Especially since it's all contrived just for that shot.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Wow, did you see the look in that psycho's eyes as Dr. Phil was wrapping up the segment? That guy was staring at Phil like he was about to kill him. I bet the bodyguards were just off stage ready to run in.

That was so satisfying to me. He knew he was being kicked off of the show, he wasn't able to manipulate Dr. Phil into letting him have his say and the message was, "you're not all that important. We can and will do the show without you. We have made that choice, NOT YOU." What a piece of work.

(edited)

Today's show with guests Bob and Lori and their house of hoard.

The show was all about Dr. Phil's latest endeavor, Sundae. He arranged to have Bob and Lori work with the company to sell their home. They would take care of everything in the house to make it as "stress-free" as possible, so the two of them could go buy an RV and travel the country, which they said they'd like to be able to do. In fact, they could just pick out what they wanted and leave the rest. Really??? They are hoarders. They aren't going to want to do that.

They ended up looking like two deer caught in the headlights.

I thought it would be a show about hoarding, yes, but then being the show that it used to be, Dr. Phil would work with them to find out what caused the hoarding in the first place. They would then see the light and enter counseling.

But no. Dr. Phil addressed nothing at all like that. These two are hoarders! He completely and knowingly ignored the fact that these two would not have the capacity to leave all their junk behind, buy their RV, then happily go off into the sunset. There is something wrong with their brains. They are not normal, functioning people; if they were they would have for one thing, done the Thanksgiving dishes four months earlier, right after dinner.

Yet, he kept pushing this Sundae idea, and of course Bob and Lori went along with it. They were two nice people (although all their seriously blaming the cat for it's part of the mess and both not taking the whole thing seriously) really irked me.

I'm not getting the same satisfaction that I used to get from his show. It's gone so downhill it's not even funny.

Edited by Breedom
Spelling error.
  • Love 3

I’m watching the show right now and they just did the commercial break where he said “what if they could sell their house without cleaning anything, yada yada …”

Are you F-ing kidding me? He’s stooping that low now???

i thought the bingo apps were shameless. This is a new low.

Turning it off now. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought it would be a show about hoarding, yes, but then being the show that it used to be, Dr. Phil would work with them to find out what caused the hoarding in the first place. They would then see the light and enter counseling.

But no. Dr. Phil addressed nothing at all like that. These two are hoarders! He completely and knowingly ignored the fact that these two would not have the capacity to leave all their junk behind, buy their RV, then happily go off into the sunset. There is something wrong with their brains. They are not normal, functioning people; if they were they would have for one thing, done the Thanksgiving dishes four months earlier, right after dinner.

Yet, he kept pushing this Sundae idea, and of course Bob and Lori went along with it. They were two nice people (although all their seriously blaming the cat for it's part of the mess and both not taking the whole thing seriously) really irked me.

I'm not getting the same satisfaction that I used to get from his show. It's gone so downhill it's not even funny.

Bolded part #1: He did that with the hoarder on last week's show. He determined that a brain injury she had as a child was likely the main cause of her hoarding issues and gave her 10 Doctor on Demand sessions.

Bolded part #2: If it's not renewed again, next season will be the last one. I have a feeling he wants to beat Oprah by getting to 26 seasons but I don't see how he could; his heart and mind are clearly over it and his health seems to get worse every season.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
Keep having problems getting a post to go through so I have to do a "test" post first

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Kristen "the Happy Hoarder."  I felt bad for her, but my biggest question is, "Where is she getting all that money to buy all that junk?" I'm really surprised that didn't come up. 

Next week:

5/23: I Lied and Sent My Husband to Prison!

Sue says she lied to police when she told them that her husband, Tim, abused her; racked with guilt, she recanted her testimony, but the judge didn't buy her new story; body language and behavior experts give their opinions.

5/24: Our Narcissistic, Tone-Deaf Mother Needs a Wake-Up Call

Lisa says her four beautiful adult daughters are "monsters" who pick on her, and their constant drama is tearing apart their family; they claim she's a "textbook narcissist" who constantly plays the victim and has always put men before them.

5/25: Danger on My Doorstep: America's Safety Crisis

Members of the public and law enforcement discuss the perceived lack of safety on American streets and the rising conflict between civilians and police; singer Clare Dunn says she was assaulted by a rideshare driver.

5/26: Painfully Ill: Can Monica Be Saved?

Repeat from January 3rd

5/27: My Little 9-Year-Old Terror

Repeat from October 13th

These companies that sell your house “as is” aren’t doing it out of the goodness of their heart and no way are you getting a competitive offer. Even worse are the guys who relocate seniors by going thru your stuff and deciding what to sell and what you can keep. These places take advantage of seniors and you can bet they won’t let you keep anything valuable and you will get pennies on the dollar. None of that addresses the hoarding.

I do get that people who own a house that needs to be cleaned out from tenants or have a distant relative in a nursing home who needs these services but they are not charities.

• Love 2

Today Dr. Phil was pretty good with the severe hypochondriac woman. But the whole time I was waiting for him to suggest an Internet bingo game or maybe she should sell her house with Sundae. 
Isn’t it sad that he has us thinking that?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Kristen "the Happy Hoarder."  I felt bad for her, but my biggest question is, "Where is she getting all that money to buy all that junk?" I'm really surprised that didn't come up. 

As a veteran watcher of both Hoarder shows, read several books about it, including Matt Paxton's, the hoarders are very creative.     Some drive around on trash day, and take what people have put out, some have been caught going through neighbor's charity donation put out for pick up, some thrift stores have bargain aisles, or fill a bag for a low price days, and many shop at thrift stores that have very low prices.   One woman on Hoarders had worked in a bookstore, and the big chains have bargain and clearance sections, with an employee discount too.   Garage sales, or storage unit sales can be fairly cheap sometimes too. 

That panel of body language experts and human lie detectors are just hilarious. Dr. Phil seems to think they are so very impressive, but they might as well be those psychic fakes like John Edward or Sylvia Browne.

It was great when the one expert said he could tell Ukraine President Zelensky was fighting "not just for himself, but for his whole country" or something like that. And "he has some self doubt that he might not be doing all he can." Wow, what little facial twitch led you to that great insight?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2022 at 7:31 PM, Tango64 said:

Today Dr. Phil was pretty good with the severe hypochondriac woman. But the whole time I was waiting for him to suggest an Internet bingo game or maybe she should sell her house with Sundae. 

Not in the least. On every single show now, there is some new product/service that he is whoring for. How greedy are these people anyway?!!! The show not paying you enough?!

• Love 1
On 5/20/2022 at 6:31 PM, Tango64 said:

And I sure as H don't believe he and Robin sit around playing video games.  Unless it is to improve his cognitive abilities.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1