Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

The only answer to these questions about the interruptions, advertisements, Medicare crap is that Shill is so damn greedy that there’s never enough money for him and his relatives. This man needs to retire NOW.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

OMG part 1 the two-for about the quads is horrible.   Couldn't finish it and will delete part 2 before even starting it.

Ah, you missed that Phil actually gave this crew some REAL help (with commercial endorsements, of course!)!  He had maids come into the home to clean, handymen fix all the damage, and sent the two girls off to OnSite.  I don't know how they rated all this above everyone else getting Dr. On Demand, but they hit the jackpot. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Ah, you missed that Phil actually gave this crew some REAL help (with commercial endorsements, of course!)!  He had maids come into the home to clean, handymen fix all the damage, and sent the two girls off to OnSite.  I don't know how they rated all this above everyone else getting Dr. On Demand, but they hit the jackpot. 

So glad to hear this!  Thank you.

The Summer Wells episode today (Thursday). I'm ALMOST speechless. The video of Summer's mom taking a reporter on a tour of her home was absolutely horrific. What a $hithole. Being organized and clean has nothing to do with a persons income. 

I know this is going to sound harsh but dang that woman is ugly. How did she get a man to have sex with her? 

And more importantly, sleep in heavenly peace Summer. ❤

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

The Summer Wells episode today (Thursday). I'm ALMOST speechless. The video of Summer's mom taking a reporter on a tour of her home was absolutely horrific. What a $hithole. Being organized and clean has nothing to do with a persons income. 

I know this is going to sound harsh but dang that woman is ugly. How did she get a man to have sex with her? 

And more importantly, sleep in heavenly peace Summer. ❤

CPS has been called on that family numerous times because of the horrible living conditions, child neglect and other issues related to the mistreatment of the children.  What we saw of the house (trailer? mobile home?) in that video today was a home that had been cleaned because they knew it was going to be recorded.  I can’t imagine what the place normally looks like.  Both parents are addicts/alcoholics.  In 99% of the videos I’ve seen of the mother, Candus, she appeared to be wasted.  The father was arrested for a DUI several days ago.  My gut tells me that both parents know what happened to Summer.  I’m afraid that she may’ve been sold to sex traffickers.  If not, and she’s deceased, she’s better off than she was living in those conditions.  I don’t understand why the other children haven’t been removed from the home.  It’s more than obvious that those two aren’t fit to be parents.  Cases like this break my heart.  I’ll have trouble sleeping tonight now that it’s on my mind.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:41 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Today's show had another ad interruption, this time promoting a water filtration system..

I’m so sick of hearing about Doctor On Demand that I could puke.

• Love 6

Next week: three long-awaited episodes finally air and yet another "ripped from the headlines" episode.

11/15: Locked in the Attic or Lying?

Ariyanna says her mother, Cornelia, locked her in the attic, abandoned her, and once, even resorted to water-boarding; Cornelia says Ariyanna is lying about some of her accusations and exaggerating about others.

11/16: Talk to Dr. Phil or We're Done!

Nancy says that, despite the evidence her son and daughter-in-law have shown her, she is adamant she is not being scammed by the man with whom she is having an online relationship. [This episode was originally scheduled to air on September 20th.]

11/16: Catfish Controversy: A Mom and Son Face Off!

Nancy and her son, Darcy, speak face-to-face for the first time in over a year, and Darcy has been hiding a secret about Nancy's online boyfriend, "Shaun"; updates from past guests who can relate to Nancy's story. [This episode was originally scheduled to air on September 21st.]

11/17: Trampled and Traumatized: Astroworld Aftermath

Astroworld, Travis Scott's Houston festival, is a mass casualty event leaving people dead, children clinging to life, and attendees traumatized; what really happened; who is to blame; attendees reveal the horror they saw, and families file lawsuits.

11/18: Fractured Family Fall Out!

Cassie is raising four children, including a difficult 15-year-old daughter, while being married to a man whose unsafe behaviors under the influence of alcohol and drugs have caused him to become a danger to her children. [This episode was originally scheduled to air on September 16th.]

Friday's episode is the first of two parts; the second one ("Cassie's Choice: Husband or Children?) should come on the following Monday.

57 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe. But it's kind of like comparing crap to crap. Some of it might smell worse, but it's still crap. 

I’m ecstatic to find out that the other remaining children have been removed from the home.  Permanently, I hope.  That mother is either 1) Drugged to the gills 2) Really, really slow (if you know what I mean) 3) A combo of 1 and 2.  Whatever the reason, she’s not playing with a full deck.  I think the dad has his shit together just enough to be dangerous.

• Love 4

Yes. I'm no expert in "reading" people but it appears to me that mom knows way more than she's telling and dad is covering for her OR, he's dumber than he looks and believes everything his wife says.

ETA: Anyone know why they named the little girl Summer Moon Utah ? It's not a bad name. I actually kind if like but wonder if there's a story behind the name?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. I'm no expert in "reading" people but it appears to me that mom knows way more than she's telling and dad is covering for her OR, he's dumber than he looks and believes everything his wife says.

I think they are both wasted the majority of the time, and I’m not sure that they can remember what they did yesterday, much less 5 months ago.  I think Summer’s disappearance had something to do with drugs.  She was either sold or traded for drugs, or they owed some dealers drug money so the dealers took Summer as repayment or something like that.  Regardless, I’ll be surprised if the case is ever solved.  Also, Candus’s (I’ve never seen that name spelled like that before) sister disappeared in 2009 and hasn’t been heard from since.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think they are both wasted the majority of the time, and I’m not sure that they can remember what they did yesterday, much less 5 months ago.  I think Summer’s disappearance had something to do with drugs.  She was either sold or traded for drugs, or they owed some dealers drug money so the dealers took Summer as repayment or something like that.  Regardless, I’ll be surprised if the case is ever solved.  Also, Candus’s (I’ve never seen that name spelled like that before) sister disappeared in 2009 and hasn’t been heard from since.

Well THAT definitely is an interesting twist.  

Crystal meth is an evil drug that makes people crazy. I too believe this story involves meth. I don't think the dad appears to be high on drugs. But Candus..maybe but not meth. Maybe they managed to stay off meth for the time they were in L.A.? 

Mom knows what happened to Summer. She probably didn't kill her but she knows what happened. She just doesn't want to implicate herself. 

On a lighter note, Candus is very fond of denim jackets!

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

There’s definitely something going on with her parents, maybe drugs and some knowledge about what happened to her, but I still find it disturbing how Phil and these two “experts” dissect every little detail to say they’re guilty of something. She raised her left eyebrow when she said that! His mouth lowered a little to the right! He looked down for a second! She didn’t immediately blurt out that she wants to strangle whoever took her!

I know there is some legitimacy to these indicators, and these folks don’t seem like great parents, but I would hate to have my guilt or innocence hanging on some little facial tic or me not saying exactly the thing they expect after months of stress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Tango64 said:

I know there is some legitimacy to these indicators, and these folks don’t seem like great parents, but I would hate to have my guilt or innocence hanging on some little facial tic or me not saying exactly the thing they expect after months of stress.

That's why it's probably not admissible in a court of law. I think Phil needed somebody to help fill in this episode with talk/opinions because Summer's mom wasn't saying much other than why is everybody picking on me. Well DUH! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Phil has had way too many people on his show with sympathetic interviews, that are later convicted for the killing.     

He interviewed this man, who has been convicted of murdering his son:

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/07/16/mark-redwine-guilty-verdict/

OMG -that article. "Prosecutors said Redwine killed his son during a fit of rage after the child confronted him about photos that showed Redwine eating feces out of a diaper."

WTAF? They just drop that nugget in the article with absolutely no context, but I guess when does eating shit from a diaper ever have context unless you are like the family dog. I would like to know how prosecuters determined that is what happened. Like did REdwine admit that diaper bit? or did they find the photos?

I found this article and they mention their appearance on the show: https://apnews.com/article/co-state-wire-durango-colorado-trials-7ce561d0c229ce7fdc8bf53a9eed1538

Edited by GiveMeSpace
to add link
12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

OMG -that article. "Prosecutors said Redwine killed his son during a fit of rage after the child confronted him about photos that showed Redwine eating feces out of a diaper."

WTAF? They just drop that nugget in the article with absolutely no context, but I guess when does eating shit from a diaper ever have context unless you are like the family dog. I would like to know how prosecuters determined that is what happened. Like did REdwine admit that diaper bit? or did they find the photos?

I found this article and they mention their appearance on the show: https://apnews.com/article/co-state-wire-durango-colorado-trials-7ce561d0c229ce7fdc8bf53a9eed1538

Believe it or not, Redwine took a selfie with makeup on, including bright red lipstick, and had shit smeared all over his mouth and face.  BTW, he wore the diaper specifically so he could take a dump in it and then eat it.  His son found the picture and confronted his dad about it.  I guess the boy threatened to tell his mother about the picture, so Redwine murdered the boy to prevent that from happening.  If you can stomach looking at it, you can find the picture online.  Redwine is obviously next level crazy.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, chenoa333 said:

That's why it's probably not admissible in a court of law. I think Phil needed somebody to help fill in this episode with talk/opinions because Summer's mom wasn't saying much other than why is everybody picking on me. Well DUH! 

I think Dr. P should have sent this episode to the trash and not aired it.  That woman is disturbed from God knows what and I felt like an accessory to his exploitation even watching him "interview" her even with his "now let me make this clear I don't think you killed her" unheartfelt comment.   On a more pleasant note the parts I saw (thanks to fast forwarding) did not contain any shock and awe facials from Robin.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think Dr. P should have sent this episode to the trash and not aired it.

Speaking of throwing episodes in the trash, today's show should join the pile.

The woman, even after speaking to a past guest that experienced the same thing, still thinks that "Shaun" is going to show up and give her all her money back. I have no doubt that her son no longer has a relationship with her like he said he would do.

• Love 4

I watched about 20 minutes of the latest catfish episode and I could see in the woman's (forgot her name) expression that she had a brick wall up about Shaun.  She had this smug/arrogant look when Phil was throwing up all the red flags on his big board - her eyes said "la la la la la la I'm not listening.  Shaun is real and he LOVES me".   I decided that my blood pressure did not need to watch this woman victimize/humiliate herself and her son and bailed out.   

I see from @javajeanelaine comment that the victim apparently didn't learn anything from Phil's intervention.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

The woman, even after speaking to a past guest that experienced the same thing, still thinks that "Shaun" is going to show up and give her all her money back. I have no doubt that her son no longer has a relationship with her like he said he would do.

She must be ultra lonely. If she had the courage to move past Shawn, mourn a bit, then start to incorporate new things into her life that would help. My hope is she went home and reflected and finally understood the truth.

I'm going to go off topic for a minute. I just looked up Robin's age (67). She could be a real role model for women if she wanted to be. A woman of any age can look fabulous, but the key is not to try to look younger than you are. She tries too hard and it shows. She just has this very juvenile look to her - with the pony tail she sometimes wears, the super high heels, the whole sexy clothes look that really is way too young for her. It doesn't work. She's 5'6" but she looks very short. Try classic, simple lines and jewelry, cut the hair. I just can't help thinking she's competing with her son's wives. And does Dr. Phil really go for that look? I pray not.

• Love 3

My guess is that 95% of the catfish victims go right back to sending money to their scammer.  Many of them also are sending money and property for others, so they're part of the scam too.    I bet the other 5% that stop talking, and sending money to the scammer, find someone else to scam them.    

• Love 2

I got a sense from this catfish victim that I never have from the others ..  Some part of her heard the proofs that this Shawn person was fake, but another part of her knows that somebody, some living person, was typing those "Hi my honey" messages hour after hour.  And so even though they were based on a stack of lies,  she was saying "Well can't I just go on messaging with him.."  Whoever 'him' might be .. it was a living person who was keeping her company.  I think her brain was working on both levels, while also clinging slightly to the fiction that "he" might still turn up and pay back her money.  

The others have mostly realized that the steady message-sender wasn't worthy of their time, and prepared to spend the days without those hours of texts.  This lady felt that no matter how shady the message-sender was, she still wanted to have that personal contact.  Serious self-respect issues. That was especially sad.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Chippings said:

This lady felt that no matter how shady the message-sender was, she still wanted to have that personal contact.  Serious self-respect issues. That was especially sad.  

Hint to that lady:  get a dog.

9 hours ago, Breedom said:

A woman of any age can look fabulous, but the key is not to try to look younger than you are. She tries too hard and it shows. She just has this very juvenile look to her - with the pony tail she sometimes wears, the super high heels, the whole sexy clothes look that really is way too young for her. It doesn't work.

You are exactly right.  Dr. P actually looks and acts his age (and needs to retire).  When he drags her off the stage every episode it looks as if he's taking the leash of his show dog (which is what people call the juvenile girlfriend/wife) and saying "this way honey."

• Love 2

Another “mandated reporter” moment today. How can he not see how stupid that sounds to claim he’s —-mandated—- to report but never does?

When he thinks he’s come up with a really witty line — “I wonder why she comes back” — he can’t help but run it into the ground.

His wife’s mouth is open again. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tango64 said:

His wife’s mouth is open again. 

I wonder if anyone thinks this is a good look. Could it be that someone in production really dislikes her? That mouth wide open like a big "O" would be overacting in a kindergarten play trying to show surprise or shock.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

I wonder if anyone thinks this is a good look. Could it be that someone in production really dislikes her? That mouth wide open like a big "O" would be overacting in a kindergarten play trying to show surprise or shock.

It is so weird that the show focuses on her when she does this and the camera stays on her. Ok, we know her promo photos for her podcast have her doing the same thing with her mouth. SHE must think this is a good look for her. It is not.

• Love 5

Next week:

11/22: Cassie's Choice: Husband or Children?

Cassie insists her teen daughter's behavior is the root cause of her family's dysfunction even though her husband, Jonah, is addicted to drugs and alcohol.

11/23: We Deserve Our Kids Back: Why Won't CPS Agree?

Jessica and Ian's two children were removed from their custody, and they are trying to get them back; Ian's mother, Pamela, says one thing they should do is end their toxic relationship.

11/24: Marriage on Hiatus

Paula says she's thinking about divorcing her longtime husband, Jeremy, because, in her words, he's "clueless, absent and nonverbal"; Jeremy says Paula is controlling and won't move on from a mistake he made almost 10 years ago.

11/25: Flightmares

Originally aired on September 24th

11/26: 19 Years Lost: I Am Innocent

In 2001, a man was gunned down in cold blood, and a teenage girl named Kiera was convicted of his murder and sentenced to 60 years to life in prison.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
Added description of Wednesday's episode
On 11/16/2021 at 9:59 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I think Dr. P should have sent this episode to the trash and not aired it.  That woman is disturbed from God knows what and I felt like an accessory to his exploitation even watching him "interview" her even with his "now let me make this clear I don't think you killed her" unheartfelt comment.   On a more pleasant note the parts I saw (thanks to fast forwarding) did not contain any shock and awe facials from Robin.

Since Robin’s shock&awe face has been mentioned, I’ve specifically been on the lookout for it and WOW.  She does it a lot, and she looks ridiculous every time she does it, especially now that her face resembles that of an alien (my apologies to the aliens 😔).

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

About the Summer Wells' case, based on interviews and what has been allowed by the media, I can't help but wonder if the mother wasn't stoned and lost track of time and that something may have happened, whether accidentally or she met up with something more sinister.  It's hard to believe the mother only noticed her missing for 2 minutes or so.  Pure speculation of course.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Fable said:

About the Summer Wells' case, based on interviews and what has been allowed by the media, I can't help but wonder if the mother wasn't stoned and lost track of time and that something may have happened, whether accidentally or she met up with something more sinister.  It's hard to believe the mother only noticed her missing for 2 minutes or so.  Pure speculation of course.

I can’t help but believe that the mother has at least some knowledge of what happened to that child.

• Love 6
On 11/20/2021 at 2:19 AM, Fable said:

It's hard to believe the mother only noticed her missing for 2 minutes or so.  Pure speculation of course.

From the looks of that house and what we heard of their life, there's no way that mother was so attentive that she'd go looking for her daughter after just two minutes. Two hours? Maybe. 

• Love 3

Did I really and truly hear what I think I heard? 

The episode with Cassie the mother and Brinley the 15-year-old daughter and Jonah the addicted husband/step-father.

TWICE I heard Dr. Phil say the family thought they could come to the altar of Dr. Phil and go home fixed. That's not verbatim, but ..... "the altar of Dr. Phil"? Seriously? God-complex much?

Please correct me if I mis-heard.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, slasherboy said:

The episode with Cassie the mother and Brinley the 15-year-old daughter and Jonah the addicted husband/step-father.

TWICE I heard Dr. Phil say the family thought they could come to the altar of Dr. Phil and go home fixed. That's not verbatim, but ..... "the altar of Dr. Phil"? Seriously? God-complex much?

As a fan of Seinfeld I vividly recall a scene where Mrs. Costanza (irritated that Jerry’s parents would not come to her home for dinner) blurted out about Mr. Seinfeld 

“He’s an idiot altogether”.

When reading Slasherboy’s post for some reason Mrs. Costanza‘s quote immediately came to mind.

I think it appropriately fits.  

On 11/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, slasherboy said:

He actually did say those exact words.  He told the teenager that her parents had dumped her at “the altar of Dr. Phil”, because they thought that she was the problem.He went on to tell her that she WASN’T the problem; it was the adults who were the problem.  
I didn’t get to watch Part 2.  What was the outcome?  Did Dr. Shill send the stepdad to a drug rehab?

The straight-from-the-bottle redhead on today’s show was a special kind of dumb.  She honestly thought that she was fit to be raising children!  I hope CPS doesn’t give them back unless she does a complete 180, and I would be shocked if that happened.

• Love 2

Okay, I am going to stick my neck out on this one. I despised the wife who sneered at her husband's PTSD from evacuating a horribly injured young girl. She was obnoxious and overbearing, claimed that she didn't hold his serious transgression against again him but still uses it against him. He was no saint but to me she was the nasty controlling bitch and he had his own problems to deal with. Then Dr Phil brought up some undefined horrible things she had happen to her (which we never hear exactly what they were) to make the whole problem the husband's fault. From my point of view, the husband should have divorced her years ago. She is a controlling manipulative self centered jerk. Then Dr Phil closes out with a bunch of psycho babble. As always, YMMV.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Okay, I am going to stick my neck out on this one. I despised the wife who sneered at her husband's PTSD from evacuating a horribly injured young girl. She was obnoxious and overbearing, claimed that she didn't hold his serious transgression against again him but still uses it against him. He was no saint but to me she was the nasty controlling bitch and he had his own problems to deal with. Then Dr Phil brought up some undefined horrible things she had happen to her (which we never hear exactly what they were) to make the whole problem the husband's fault. From my point of view, the husband should have divorced her years ago. She is a controlling manipulative self centered jerk. Then Dr Phil closes out with a bunch of psycho babble. As always, YMMV.

I could see both sides of it. She was completely unhinged but he was so checked out. It is frustrating to live with someone who is chronically depressed. The depression isn't his fault but he needs treatment. The question is will he leave her controlling ass after he starts to feel better? 

They both suffered from PTSD but had a different reaction to it. There was no room in their emotional universe to handle the troubles of their mate or anyone else because they were so focused on their own needs. 

She kept complaining about the lack of intimacy in their marriage. It would be like sex with a porcupine. I think she bites. 

• LOL 1
On 11/23/2021 at 10:31 PM, farmgal4 said:

He actually did say those exact words.  He told the teenager that her parents had dumped her at “the altar of Dr. Phil”, because they thought that she was the problem.He went on to tell her that she WASN’T the problem; it was the adults who were the problem.  
I didn’t get to watch Part 2.  What was the outcome?  Did Dr. Shill send the stepdad to a drug rehab?

He told the stepdad that if he went to 30 AA meetings in 30 days he'd send him to rehab.  The guy was pretty honest about the fact that he wasn't going to get clean because he didn't want to go through withdrawal (can't remember what he was addicted to, but if it's opiods suboxone might be an option.)

• Love 1