Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

On 4/10/2021 at 5:14 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

Tuesday: A hoarder who gets help from Robin for some reason.

Who knows what knowledge and wisdom Robin is capable of possessing just because she is PHILLIP'S wife.

Just a side note: Phil mentioned that Robin isn't happy with the 2 large dogs he rescued (as puppies) from a shelter because now the dogs weigh about 70 pounds each. Way more than Robin.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Just a side note: Phil mentioned that Robin isn't happy with the 2 large dogs he rescued (as puppies) from a shelter because now the dogs weigh about 70 pounds each.

Y I K E S ! ! !    Does that mean those dogs will "run away" ??

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I am so sick of Robin nodding her head constantly to anything Phil says . It’s literally every time the camera pans to her and it drives me nuts . You can just smile without nodding up and down to anything and everything

It looks like she's still attending that Institute for Adoring Evangelical Wives ... those women who stare moonstruck and bobble-headed at their money-grubbing TV "pastors."   (My bolding because I agree "so hard").

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Y I K E S ! ! !    Does that mean those dogs will "run away" ??

I doubt it. Phil seems to really love dogs and maybe he does "wear the pants" in the relationship when the cameras aren't filming. I'm sure they have hired help to take care of the dogs....walking, feeding, dog parks, poop scooping, vet appointments, groomers etc.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I wish for once Dr. Phil would ask these catfish “ victims “ what makes them feel so insecure that they can fall for this insanity ?

I ran the catfish episode yesterday.   I wish for once he would stop telling people "I have the most open mind of anyone" as if he's going to believe their bulls*t.   That's the biggest lie ever.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I ran the catfish episode yesterday.   I wish for once he would stop telling people "I have the most open mind of anyone" as if he's going to believe their bulls*t.   That's the biggest lie ever.  

I don’t get how anyone trusts Dr. Phil or says BS like “ you’re the only person that can help me .” I assume they mean in terms of sending them to a really expensive treatment center .. but if they don’t , what are they smoking ? He has the phoniest personality and demeanor . I hate when he pretends he doesn’t know lie detector results beforehand .. yet always happens to “guess “ the answers beforehand 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wish for once he would stop telling people "I have the most open mind of anyone"

And he also tells people "I'm the most nonjudgmental person.....". 

Well I believe that I AM the most nonjudgmental person. Especially here on the PT forums! 😀😀

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

And he also tells people "I'm the most nonjudgmental person.....". 

Well I believe that I AM the most nonjudgmental person. Especially here on the PT forums! 😀😀

Oh definitely that too!!!  He's as judge-y as Judge Judy.  And that's bad.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Oh definitely that too!!!  He's as judge-y as Judge Judy.  And that's bad.

No way he can say, "Did you fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down?" without sounding judgmental.  LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2021 at 3:06 PM, Back Atcha said:

She can look great for her age..

Maybe I’m just a pessimist but I think that ship has sailed.  And sailed far, far away.

He seems to spend a lot of time on these catfish shows asking people why they haven’t watched and absorbed every word he has said about cat fishing and no longer tries to figure out what is causing people to give away every cent of their money. I even wonder if the last one was faked because there wasn’t much emotion on the woman’s part; my son is convinced that some of the shows are set ups with actors.

• Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I even wonder if the last one was faked because there wasn’t much emotion on the woman’s part; my son is convinced that some of the shows are set ups with actors.

I know this is May sweeps month, but who can take today's episode seriously, with the eye-catching title "Help - I'm Engaged To a Love Bombing Psychopath!".  I only watched about 10 minutes of this trash and I can't believe this couple aren't either actors or have spun a doozy of a story just to get on the show because no sane woman would put up with all of the crap that this woman is saying -- the guy has been drugging her, raping her, cheating on her with multiple strippers and she needs Phil's "help" to decide whether to MARRY HIM!?   

I like a hot mess as much as the next person, but nope, not gonna bother with this fakery.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 6

Watched most of the senior lady catfish thing with her scammer Matt.  So he ended her story and went straight to the hello bello company with their free diaper give away.

I hate to tell ya'll it is no longer mysonjay.  It is now oursonjay.  

And of course oursonjay owns the hello bello company.  And the winner of course was a lady with triplets.  And again I learned that Phil AND Robin have multiples in both of their lineage.  

Has he always done the strange movement with his right hand in the air when he talks?

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

I know this is May sweeps month, but who can take today's episode seriously, with the eye-catching title "Help - I'm Engaged To a Love Bombing Psychopath!"

Several episodes this season have had titles starting with the word "help":

• “Help, My Alcoholic Daughter is Drinking Hand Sanitizer During COVID”
  • “Help! My Handicapped Husband Treats Me Like a Slave”
  • “Help! I’ve Lost Control of My 16-Year-Old Daughter Who Spent 38 Days in Juvenile Hall”
  • “Help! My Brother Would Rather Be Homeless Than Get a Job”
  • “Help! Do I Choose My Fiancé or My Son?!”
  • “Help! Our Home is One Big Storage Unit!”
  • “Help! My Mom’s an Empty Mess-Ter” (this title was misleading, as it was the empty mess-ter herself that contacted the show about her hoarding problem)

If you have to rely on clickbait tactics to get people to watch the same boring topics* over and over again, maybe it's time to call it quits (unfortunately, we have at least two more seasons to go).

*I think I've finally reached the point where the catfish episodes aren't worth watching; this week was the first time in years that I decided to skip the whole thing.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Maybe I’m just a pessimist but I think that ship has sailed.  And sailed far, far away.

Yes, how many 67 year olds do you see with pony tails complete with a long scarf around it and big hair thingies?

51 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

this week was the first time in years that I decided to skip the whole thing

Oh how very sad.  You missed the oursonjay segment.

• LOL 2

I think this last catfish story might be my last. Phil gets so mean and even belligerent with these desperate people. He just hammered this last poor dummy. I get to blast her, you get to, but he should not be so self righteous. I agree with someone who posted about the catfished lady whose daughter kept laughing at her mom. He should have put a stop to that. The one slight redeeming thing he did say for the 1st time i have heard him, was that Phil will give her the info to help her possibly prosecute to get some of her money back. She won't probably tho. Maybe Phil's audience will give her some money. I think more of his viewers than I do of him and Robin. But why does he have to keep putting these poor souls down as they learn just how screwed they are??? It is hard to hear how often the family members  need to say "I told her so". (we all assume that honey, now is not the time to rub it in).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, geej said:

But why does he have to keep putting these poor souls down as they learn just how screwed they are???

Because he's an insecure bully...probably has been all his life.  Belittling others makes him feel like a BIG MAN.  

• Love 6
(edited)

What I hate about the catfish episodes is that even the few 'victims' that accept the person they love is a scammer, I bet all of them go right out and send more money to the person, or the next scammer that tells them their sad tale of woe.   

Some are not victims, but some have been accepting checks and other financial items from other suckers, depositing them, and sending the money on to the scammer.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes, how many 67 year olds do you see with pony tails complete with a long scarf around it and big hair thingies?

Palm Springs California maybe? Lol.

• LOL 3

I had an epiphany today.  Maybe it's not Robin that needs Dr. P and to be present on the show.  Maybe it's Dr. P that needs her there.  He obviously is aging rapidly and for some reason this morning I thought maybe he just can't get through it all without her guidance and cheerleading.

• Love 5

This week:

5/10: “I Won’t Accept My Son as a Woman”

Most parents' greatest wish for their children is to be happy and healthy. But Angela says she disagrees with her adult child’s lifestyle. She wrote to Dr. Phil because she says she is not happy with her child’s gender identity. She says she cannot accept that her adult child, who was born male, wants to dress like a woman. Angela says her child, who identifies as Jaybies, is disrespectful and a bad influence on her 16-year-old daughter. But Jaybies says Angela is the one with the issue. She says she’s been different her entire life, and her mom pushes her conservative beliefs on everyone.

5/11: “My Husband Rages”

Natasha says despite her 8-year marriage with her husband, Brenden, being full of screaming, fights, threats, name-calling and pushes to the face, which she calls “muffing,” she still stays by his side. Why is Natasha trying to make this relationship work? Brenden admits he can get anxious, which leads to outbursts of anger, but says he suspects he could have a medical problem. Dr. Phil asks Dr. Bradley Jabour, CEO and Chief of Radiology at Medical Imaging Center of Southern California, to find out if Brenden could really have something medically wrong with his brain.

5/12: “My Mom is Dying From Cancer and Killing Herself with Alcohol”

Alexa says she’s tired of watching her mother, Jen, make terrible decisions in life. She says her mother was given only four-to-six years left to live after her second cervical cancer diagnosis and refuses to do chemotherapy. On top of that, Alexa says Jen is an alcoholic who refuses to stop drinking alcohol when she knows it’s killing her! Jen admits she is an alcoholic, but says she wants to restart her life. However, Jen also admits that she hasn’t been 100% truthful with Alexa.

5/13: “Terrorized By My Teenager”

Venessa says she wrote to Dr. Phil desperate for his help with her raging and violent 14-year-old son, Michael. She says his aggression is so extreme that he cannot be controlled, and that he has broken windows, doors, walls, and even destroyed locks to get to his electronics when they’ve been confiscated. Venessa says she’s losing her son, and his violent behavior has been escalating since 2019 when his father died by suicide. Plus, Dr. Phil speaks with three-time Grammy nominee Michele Pillar, who opens up about her life as she describes it in her book, Untangled: The Truth Will Set You Free.

5/14: “My Mom is No Mother Teresa”

Kiara says when she was 36-weeks pregnant, her child’s heart stopped beating in vitro. She says instead of her mother, Teresa, being there for her, she disclosed the tragic news on social media before she had the opportunity to grieve her son’s death. Even worse, Kiara claims her mother later blamed her for the death of her child and told her that she should have been the one to die instead of her son! Kiara says she doesn’t think she can forget or forgive the horrible things her mother said, but Teresa says her words didn’t come unwarranted – why? Teresa says she feels that both Kiara and her son, Kyrie, have resented her for years for her “strict” parenting growing up. Teresa says she’s tired of her children being ungrateful and treating her like she’s just a “dog” to them. Is it possible for this family to move forward from all the anger and resentment? Should Kiara forgive her mother?

His obsession with angry, violent teen sons and grandsons is almost pathological at this point. Why is he so fascinated by that topic?

• Love 3

Predictions:

The woman on Wednesday will turn out not to have cancer (a life expectancy predicted at 4-6 years seems weird). She lied to get her daughter off her back about the drinking and it didn’t work.

Thursday, Phil will decide that the violent kid being violent is mostly his mother’s fault. Men being violent on this show is always portrayed as fundamentally wrong but also mostly women’s fault.

The social-media obsessed mother on Friday will blame her daughter for the baby dying because at some point pre-pregnancy the daughter had an abortion or took drugs. Phil will try to persuade the daughter to forgive her dreadful mother anyway.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Venessa says she wrote to Dr. Phil desperate for his help with her raging and violent 14-year-old son, Michael. She says his aggression is so extreme that he cannot be controlled, and that he has broken windows, doors, walls, and even destroyed locks to get to his electronics when they’ve been confiscated.

8 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

His obsession with angry, violent teen sons and grandsons is almost pathological at this point. Why is he so fascinated by that topic?

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just found out how the ‘Mother god/Love has won’ guest story has ended up:

(Warning - this news is a bit gruesome)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57017270

Despite all the jokes one could make about her obsession with chicken parm, you have to feel really bad for her family, on the show they clearly accepted she had gone completely off the rails but they still tried to save her from herself.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 2

What’s with the weird grooming this week? First the angry husband with the white dreads and beads on top of his head and now the bald husband with sideburns that go weirdly way up past his ears. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wow, this mother of the woman who lost her baby is just a horrible human being. No regret or contrition whatsoever for the terrible things she’s said and done. 
Usually people at least backpedal and offer a halfhearted apology. But she just dug in deeper as her daughter sobbed. 
How sad for her children. 

• Love 3

First it was 5-10 minutes pushing Slotomania and now it is Bingomania.

Nothing like ending an episode on addiction by advertising things that may not be appropriate for Dr. P.  And "spontaneously" engaging his cyber audience!

what happened to the second part of the episode on the young woman who said she adopted her kid out, but it looks like her child is more likely dead? it says episode 149 but 150 was the angry woman who does not believe in being transgender? Uh OH! I am too involved. I might need Dr.P's "help".

They said at the very end the child’s remains were found on the trailer park property where they lived. They still don’t know who killed him or what happened ( that was what was on the show, didn’t look up the case). Don’t know why this was on since the show already knew the end result.

On 5/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, Lebanna said:

Just found out how the ‘Mother god/Love has won’ guest story has ended up:

(Warning - this news is a bit gruesome)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57017270

Despite all the jokes one could make about her obsession with chicken parm, you have to feel really bad for her family, on the show they clearly accepted she had gone completely off the rails but they still tried to save her from herself.

This story will be covered more on Thursday's show:

5/20: Accusations of Abuse and Tampering with a Corpse: What Happened to “Mother God”?

Eight months after Dr. Phil’s exclusive interview with the leader of the religious group, “Love Has Won,” Amy Carlson, also known as “Mother God,” was discovered dead inside a Colorado home. Carlson’s body was discovered in the small town of Moffat, Colorado on April 28, 2021, wrapped in a sleeping bag adorned with Christmas lights and glitter makeup around her eyes, which were allegedly missing. Seven apparent members of “Love Has Won” were arrested on charges of abuse of a corpse and child abuse. Rick Alan Ross, CEO of Cult Education Institute and cult expert, weighs in on the fallout from her death and the future of “Love Has Won.”

The lineup for the other four days:

5/17: Social Media Outcast: The Organizer of TanaCon Speaks Out

In 2018, Michael, an entrepreneur and social media manager, says he was at the top of his career and organized a social media convention, TanaCon, aimed at connecting online content creators with fans. Unfortunately, Michael says due to unanticipated crowds and safety concerns, the convention was forced to shut down early, causing him to lose $750,000 and file bankruptcy. Michael says since then, he has received nothing but backlash, humiliation, and death threats online. Michael says he wrote to Dr. Phil seeking advice on how to move forward from the trauma he endured – as well as clear his name. Dr. Phil’s team connects with references provided by Michael and a woman who says she attended the event.

5/18: More Allegations Against TanaCon Organizer Michael: How Will He Respond?

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Michael, an entrepreneur, social media manager and organizer of the 2018 social media convention TanaCon, which shut down early due to security concerns. Since the event’s shutdown made international headlines, Michael says he still receives backlash and death threats online on a daily basis. Dr. Phil’s team conducted reference checks, and yesterday, Dr. Phil met a woman who said she attended the event and two former employees, who say Michael let money and success go to his head. Dr. Phil also spoke to a current client of Michael’s who said Michael has been treated unfairly. Today, Dr. Phil meets one of Michael’s former clients and a past roommate who make more claims against him. How will this get resolved? Find out today.

5/19: "$10,000 and Counting: My Sister’s ‘Hypochondria’ is Ruining Her Life”

Anna claims her younger sister Alexandra has been dealing with severe “hypochondria” since she was a child, and it’s ruining her life. Alexandra says she is $10,000 in medical debt because of constant trips to the E.R and hospital, and ambulances rides. Their cousin Nina says she believes the cause of Alexandra’s problems runs deeper than she thinks, and their friend Katie says she is worried Alexandra might never find happiness if she continues down the path she’s taking. Watch as Dr. Phil takes a look beneath the surface of Alexandra’s decade-long struggle.

5/21: “Addicted to Enabling My Alcoholic Daughter”

Debbie admits to enabling her 48-year-old alcohol-dependent daughter, Malissa, who she says has been to rehab four times, can’t hold a job, wrecked her car, and is being evicted from her apartment. Debbie says she will never give up on her daughter but wants to learn how to stop enabling her. Debbie’s husband of 29 years, Layne, admits he’s allowed Debbie to enable Malissa, and he’s had enough. Debbie says Dr. Phil is her last hope to save her daughter and get her marriage back on track, but is Malissa the only family member Dr. Phil needs to get real with? Find out!

2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

They said at the very end the child’s remains were found on the trailer park property where they lived. They still don’t know who killed him or what happened ( that was what was on the show, didn’t look up the case). Don’t know why this was on since the show already knew the end result.

They never update, unless they can get another show out of it.   Look at the reruns on OWN, and you'll see a lot of interviews with the ex- or someone else who is suspected in the disappearance, and even after the lost one is found, and the trial is held, they still show the episodes as if nothing was solved.   I've watched a few of the interviews with the person of interest (because no one's a suspect any more), and the person was convicted of killing the victim.   The original interview denying knowing anything about the case is shown, without an update. 

• Love 1

I don’t see them getting another show out of this and I’m guessing Phil does these shows because he’s convinced he will get a scoop no one else has. The mother has already been charged and had been at the time of the show so all the ‘detective work’ Phil claimed to be doing was useless.

• Love 1

This is in reference to Tanacon.

I think that guy came on the show for sympathy and to win back social media followers. He should have opted to stay away from social media and get a regular job.  Dr. Phil was no better by having him come on the show thinking it would be his redemption arch only to have a bunch of angry ex employees come out and confront the guy. Maybe one day Dr. Phil will go on an Oprah Special and get the same treatment. One can only dream.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, druzy said:

think that guy came on the show for sympathy and to win back social media followers

Phil should NEVER have social media influencers/internet personalities on his show. They're only on the show for one reason. Remember "Cash Me Out Back"/Danielle? I guess Phil never learns.

• Love 2
(edited)

Today’s show really worried me, because the guy was saying that people were suggesting that he die and he seemed to be implying that he was thinking about doing such a thing to himself and the response to that suggestion, at least in the moment, from Phil et al seemed minimal.

That’s a massive thing to bring up on an entertainment TV show and should always be taken extremely seriously by the presenter of the show and needed to be addressed immediately. And the effect of even talking about such an issue as this on many members of the audience absolutely should not be ignored. 

Whoever the guest is, and whatever they have done, this show seemed extraordinarily irresponsible in its presentation of issues of self harm.

I feel bad even bringing the topic up here, but I want to say that there is so much great help for ideation and depression  (just for example Samaritans USA crisis line 8778704673, free, confidential and international and available to call on non-pay services such as FaceTime, etc) out there. Just in case this show did affect anyone, or anyone is worried that it might have affected a friend or loved one watching, help and support is out there and no one has to pay a penny. That should have been brought up in the conversation in that same moment it was mentioned on the show. I dread to think how upsetting this episode may have been to some viewers.

What a disaster this show is becoming.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 7

Can someone please enlighten me as to what the hell is Tanacon and how does one promoter make $350,000.00 from such an event?

What are these influencers promoting that makes this so lucrative? If young people want to be a social media influencer why not educate your peers on racism, bigotry, social injustice etc?

This Tanacon guys event is the social media version of the Fyre Festival.

I was looking forward to this episode, thinking the Tanacon guy looked like the ultimate millennial “influencer” just ripe for ridicule, especially with the silly earrings. But I actually am sympathetic to him. He tried to do a big event, it got out of control, and he seemed genuinely remorseful. I was shocked that Dr. Phil chastised him for his statements about being told to kill himself every day and  how much that hurts him. He even talked about how other young people online receive similar messages and how harmful that is. 
I thought that was a very powerful message for him to take away from all of this instead of just a woe is me attitude. But Dr. Phil came at him hard and chastised him for focusing on all the suicide messages. That’s terrible. 
As silly as all this social influencer stuff is, I got the impression that this guy tried to put on a good event and it got out of hand but he didn’t have any kind of ill intention.

Dr  Phil can be a real dick.

• Love 8

Mr. Tanacon never got emotional about anything EXCEPT the social media messages telling him to commit suicide. The rest of the time he was a cocky little prick.

If you choose a career in "social media events" (or whatever his job title is) you better grow a thick skin.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Dr  Phil can be a real dick.

Tango64 you hit the nail on the head.

May I add that he’s a bully of the highest order, a liar, braggart and fool.  

I do not know the particulars of his background but I would bet cash that he was bullied in school.  He now feels that he’s helping these sad, basement self esteem victims with his diagnoses that are nothing more than meant-spirited bully tactics. 

I’m not on team Tanacon guy (although how many times did he grovel to Phil because Phil didn’t think his apology was sincere enough) but, if I had to spend more than three minutes with that Allie creature, I’m not so sure my mental health would be top shelf.  

This show was nothing more than a group of bullies (feeding off each other) tearing into Tanacon guy with Phil moderating the mess.

Number One Show.  Number One Show?  Jesus we’re in trouble.

This show is just disgusting. I couldn’t stand Michael but you don’t bring someone on who was bullied and suicidal and then bring a bunch of people on to continue to bully him. That Allie girl said he only pad her $700 in four years but also said he supported her for years. Then he tells Michael he should be grateful a bunch of people came on to yell at him and tell him he is worthless. I despise Dr. Phil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

This show is just disgusting. I couldn’t stand Michael but you don’t bring someone on who was bullied and suicidal and then bring a bunch of people on to continue to bully him. That Allie girl said he only pad her $700 in four years but also said he supported her for years. Then he tells Michael he should be grateful a bunch of people came on to yell at him and tell him he is worthless. I despise Dr. Phil.

Yes.  You said it so much better than I.  

Absolutely disgusting.  And that bitch Allie said he should be “grateful” that they’re being truthful with him.

Nothing more than a pack of self-entitled hyenas ripping the flesh off a carcass.  

I don't think Dr. Phil was bullied as a kid, except by his father.   However, I can easily see Phil as the big kid in the class, and bullying others.   He just loves humiliating people on his show, and brow beating people about issues with their kid, or other issues. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Nothing more than a pack of self-entitled hyenas ripping the flesh off a carcass.  

Exactly. One of their kind was down and they turned on him viciously, egged on by Dr. Phil. The guy might be a little twerp who at some point was full of himself and overplayed his hand, but it was hard to watch those people keep jabbing at him with "you're not even listening" and "you're just deflecting" every time he tried to say something through his tears.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Today's (Wednesday) episode: "My Sister's Hypochondria." The hypochondriac sister looks like she might have an eating disorder too. Or maybe she's just "naturally thin?"

That, and I couldn't figure out if she had the longest, thickest neck or just a really tiny head.  Her proportions were all off. 

• Love 7