Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Since Phil wouldn’t let the boyfriend today talk at all, how are we supposed to know the whole story. I get it that the mother was annoying; but the boyfriend was a registered sex offender and was suspected of robbing the sisters house. Also don’t believe he makes much money as a shock jock podcaster. 

Didn’t appreciate Phil’s comments that a lot of fifteen year old look eighteen. Doesn’t matter. I think the boyfriend is a creep and I would not want a sex offender near a child and would never be friends with someone I thought robbed me.

Worse, Dr. Phil didn’t seem to think this woman selling herself on a webcam was sleazy for a young mother? The mother was justified in being upset that her daughter was with this blob of nothingness. But her demeanor left a lot to be desired. Phil was totally ignoring all the sketchy stuff with the guy. Another show with Coach Mike. 

• Love 2

Watching the Telly Zelly nonsense--Apparently, feeding and sheltering your kid while trying to talk them out of doing something stupid is "supporting" their stupidity. How did I know he was going to blame the mom? Oh, and "Adelphi" is not pronounced "a-delfee," Doc.

As for the mouthwash/ice cream negative famewhores . . . 

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

I know they're trolling to get (more) fame, but I hate the unsanitary copycat effect that their behavior brings.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Watching the Telly Zelly nonsense--Apparently, feeding and sheltering your kid while trying to talk them out of doing something stupid is "supporting" their stupidity. How did I know he was going to blame the mom? Oh, and "Adelphi" is not pronounced "a-delfee," Doc.

As for the mouthwash/ice cream negative famewhores . . . 

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

I know they're trolling to get (more) fame, but I hate the unsanitary copycat effect that their behavior brings.

What arrogant little punks.  So sad.  Living your entire life dependent on some anonymous online "like" to make them relevant.  No "real" friends, all alone in their own little world together arguing about who is MORE relevant and you just know each would kill off the other  for another like.  This is not going to end well for them I think.    

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dakisela said:

What arrogant little punks.  So sad.  Living your entire life dependent on some anonymous online "like" to make them relevant.  No "real" friends, all alone in their own little world together arguing about who is MORE relevant and you just know each would kill off the other  for another like.  This is not going to end well for them I think.    

This is not going to end well for society in general.

And please Phil, STOP having these SM attention whores on your stupid show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

This is not going to end well for society in general.

K. Another ugly ass kid and the Instagram bullshit.  Yawn!

Um.  Bye, bye Schill and Skeletor.  If you're not gonna be embarrassed, I certainly can't keep doing it for you.  My antique DVR can only do so much, so deleting your timer.

Whelp, Schill, I found an awesome 3 pm BSC crazy show to take your DVR spot.  (CNN, I think) Oh man, they are bringing the drama!  They got the crazy, the screaming, and even the promise of someone fixin' to meltdown...straight jacket, butterfly nets and all....

ETA.  The big Pharma Drug Ho is yapping about "the horrors of Benzos"  like Valium, etc.  K. You screwed us up with opioids, now the Benzos and now want to take them away to keep your sorry ass out of the courtroom.

Let's think this through....do ya' Really want to take the population out of their fog?  Cut off everything keeping the country kind of sedated?  Are you sure that's a good plan?  What if you wake everyone up and they start to look at your ripoff drug prices?  That might not be a bear you wanna poke, just sayin'...

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Spoiler

Waco and Alley

Did anyone ever come to the aid of the mother and father, Waco and Alley who's child was taken from them and were imprisoned by there horrible grandmother! Dr. Phil says it doesn't stop with the show there are things behind the scenes. I pray that that's the case for this couple that could not afford an attorney. I see that they when were arrested and sent to jail! What in the world is going on? Is there someplace I can send what little money I have to add to there attorney fund. I'm on Social Security but I'll do whatever I can to help!

What in the world ever became of Waco and Alley after that horrible mother-in-law got custody in tribal court? Did the couple ever get a decent attorney or any attorney? I know dr. Phil says the story doesn't stop with the show this things always happening behind the scenes so please tell me if anything ever happened behind-the-scenes to help this couple who couldn't afford an attorney. I see that they're both arrested and lost their child. I'm broken-hearted.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, chenoa333 said:

Unfortunately, we'll be getting that again this coming week:

10/7: No Smart Phone, No Computer, but That Doesn't Stop My Teen's Online Romance

Parents say their 17-year-old daughter, Becky, talks to men online in video-game chat rooms and has fallen in love with a 21-year-old man whom she has never met in person; Becky says she's in love and plans to move 3,000 miles away when she turns 18.

10/8: Dr. Phil, Only You Can Answer My Question

Twins Allie and Lexi say managing their social media as well as their growing careers as artists is a full-time job; Mindy says she loves working on her YouTube channel, but doesn't know how to combat haters; Hattie, 83, dates men half her age.

10/9: Family Divided: Torn Between Two Men

Betty says Philip wanted an open marriage, and she met and fell in love with Kevin, so Philip abuses her because her behavior makes him angry; Susan and Brad discuss how they successfully navigated through their divorce while running their company.

10/10: Rodney Reed's Death Row Countdown: Is an Innocent Man About to Die?

Rodney Reed has spent 22 years on death row, and his execution is scheduled for November 20, 2019, but he insists he's innocent and shares with Dr. Phil the evidence he says will clear him; a detective makes a discovery that may change everything.

10/11: What Happened to Stacey? What the Evidence Shows

Rodney Reed's attorney, Bryce Benjet, with the Innocence Project, tells Dr. Phil what he thinks really happened to Stacey Stites; detective Kevin Gannon and criminologist Lee Gilbertson say they know who killed her and how the person did it.

20 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Rodney Reed's Death Row Countdown might be interesting. If he's on death row in California he has nothing to worry about. So obviously he's in a different state than CA.

The longer description on Dr. Phil's website says that he's in Texas.

11 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

The longer description on Dr. Phil's website says that he's in Texas.

Ooh! Texas doesn't play around. They stand their ground on executions. I'm going to Google this guy so I don't have to watch Dr. Phil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Texas, where as Ron White says, "you murder someone in Texas, we have an express lane to the electric chair".   Since they use lethal injection, some say "we collect them, and inject them". 

The U.S. courts can't do anything about the Waco and Alley case.   It's on tribal land, in tribal courts, and that's not part of U.S. jurisdiction.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Next week:

10/14: From Star Cheerleader to Juvenile Delinquent (originally scheduled to air on September 27th)

Tami says her teen daughter is so out of control, she's been suspended from school 40 times and parties with gang members, and Tami has run out of options to help her; in order to keep the girl safe, she shipped her off to her grandparents.

10/15 Explosive Anger and Addiction

Kris says her 28- year-old son, Justin, is a rageaholic, who has been arrested more than 10 times and has received multiple drunk driving offenses; Kris worries about the safety of Justin's two small children.

10/16: When Social Media Turns Antisocial

Melinda and Amy claim their lives have been turned upside down by a social media influencer and political activist named Paloma, who they say has subjected them to nine months of cyberbullying and harassment.

10/17: "Chrisley Knows Best'' Reality Star Lindsie: Allegations of Lies, Extortion and a Secret Meeting With Dad Todd

Todd Chrisley's daughter, Lindsie, speaks out about her shocking allegation that her father threatened to release a sex tape of her if she didn't agree to lie for him.

10/18: Dying to Be Hot (originally scheduled to air on October 4th)

The family of a woman who died during a "Brazilian butt lift" procedure; K. Michelle ("Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood") and Dr. Andrew Ordon ("The Doctors") help a woman who has medical issues after black-market butt injections.

Based on the first month of episodes so far, it looks like Dr. Phil is trading in his catfish obsession for his social media obsession. How many times can we be told that it can be addicting and dangerous?

• Love 1

I don't watch any of the "I can't control my wild child" anymore (a/k/a juvenile delinquent) or "I want to be famous on social media".  Those episodes just seem ridiculous to me.  

I don't know what has happened to his producers for them to think we are attracted to some screaming immature idiots.  Give me a catfish any day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I can safely say that, due to my work travel schedule which has included several Fridays, I've seen precious few of the new season.  Doesn't sound like I've missed anything.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am watching the crazy Trump/wall women go after each other. They deserve each other. 

This one was painful.  Adults behaving like adolescents.  And they called themselves "social media influencers."  This show wasa waste of time and energy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, b2H said:

I can safely say that, due to my work travel schedule which has included several Fridays, I've seen precious few of the new season.  Doesn't sound like I've missed anything.

You probably didn't intend to use the word "precious". Lol. 

And you have missed NOTHING.

But we will alert you if Robin has more plastic or veneers stuck on her face. 😄

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am watching the crazy Trump/wall women go after each other. They deserve each other. 

Irony is alive and kicking with the two real, flag-hugging American (aka white) Trump-supporters ganging up against the Mexican Trump supporter.

These nobodies were highly anxious about their "reputation" - all the while riding their fat asses in SUVs to the border and taking selfies at the wall, wearing red caps and screaming. Their reputation is DOA. Someone should tell them.

They are perpetually aggrieved teenage-brain snowflakes with too much time on their hands. They keep hurting each others fee-fee's and marching to court to solve their middle school feuds.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
Commas matter.
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Why are they calling medical people in for the Black Market Butt Lift?   Since they often use fix-a-flat, then why don't they call a tire expert?   

Another example of people so stupid they deserve what they get.

• LOL 1

Just when I think the world can't get any more surreal, I have to hear the tagline, "I just want to ask Dr. Phil what is in my butt" echo over and over again in my head.

One more thing -that pic of Robin with the sunglasses and her mouth open for her podcast is just straight up ridiculous. She seems to think she is a young ingenue with her silly makeup line with the nonsensical grade school names. What is in Robin's face is the more pressing question here. Is it the same thing that is in that other lady's butt? Stay tuned for Robin's Odd cast (the thing that shaped her face).

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Just when I think the world can't get any more surreal, I have to hear the tagline, "I just want to ask Dr. Phil what is in my butt" echo over and over again in my head.

One more thing -that pic of Robin with the sunglasses and her mouth open for her podcast is just straight up ridiculous. She seems to think she is a young ingenue with her silly makeup line with the nonsensical grade school names. What is in Robin's face is the more pressing question here. Is it the same thing that is in that other lady's butt? Stay tuned for Robin's Odd cast (the thing that shaped her face).

Her chin keeps growing and her complexion is ashen white. Why did she feel the need to ruin her already pretty face!

Next week:

10/21: The Trouble With Taylor

Taylor says she drinks hard liquor every weekend until she "feels it," and smokes marijuana and her e-cigarette every day; her older sister says Taylor yells at her, punches her, shoves her, and has even threatened her with a knife.

10/22: Liar, Liar: Which Sister Is Telling the Truth?

Kayla says her sister, Alicia, is a master manipulator who lies, steals, faked cancer, and may have been a prostitute; Alicia denies her sister's accusations and says her entire family has made her the black sheep.

10/23: Extreme Mama's Boy

After a breakup, formerly successful Jess lost all coping skills and has been lying in bed at his mother's home; Robert spent most of his 20s incarcerated, but he wants his mother to know that he's not a bad guy and he has changed.

10/24: DNA Drama: A Family in Turmoil

Amanda's at-home DNA test led to the discovery of three new sisters and a different dad; all four sisters and their shared biological father come together to see if they have a deeper connection than simply genetics.

10/25: What Were They Thinking?: When Sentencing Seems to Make No Sense

A superior court judge loses his job after giving no jail time to a man who strangled a woman unconscious and threatened to kill her; a rape victim's mother speaks out about how her daughter's rapist walked out of court with no jail time.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

10/25: What Were They Thinking?: When Sentencing Seems to Make No Sense

A superior court judge loses his job after giving no jail time to a man who strangled a woman unconscious and threatened to kill her; a rape victim's mother speaks out about how her daughter's rapist walked out of court with no jail time.

So it's a show about domestic violence. Anybody want to place odds on Plastica doing a 15 minute segment on "When Georgia Smiles"?

• Love 1
On 10/17/2019 at 4:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

Today's show: the Chrisley's family feud or some such nonsense. I can't stand Todd Chrisley. He's so gross, effeminate, hypocritical, judgemental, and just damn creepy. Thanks for letting me share..😄

What is he famous for....what warranted him getting his own show??? He's a creepy woman!

Edited by Monie
  • LOL 1
On 10/19/2019 at 8:31 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

This looks like a week I'm going to skip. More siding with parents against their "terrible children."

Yup!! Dr. Phil is the most perfect parent of all time!!

• LOL 1

I won’t even watch the out of control kids anymore. Phil’s bluster about being a mandated reporter combined with always blaming the mother just enrages me. He also talks very rudely to everyone which is something a qualified therapist wouldn’t do. 

• Love 3

Next week: The psychotic boy I mentioned yesterday, plus the return of the "beautiful" daughter.

10/28: Love-Stoned: My Daughter Is Addicted to a Toxic Man!

Rebecca, 19, dropped out of college and left her job to spend 24/7 with her aggressive boyfriend, who blames a lesion on his brain for his anger and rage.

10/29: Gun-Toting, Pot-Smoking, and Only 11 Years Old

Bree's 11-year-old son is extremely violent, ran away from home and threatened to kill her and a student at his school; Dr. Phil is concerned about the boy returning home with Bree.

10/30: My Beautiful Daughter Has Spiraled Into a Homeless Hair Hoarder

Monique and Sunjay say their 23-year-old daughter has an obsession with hoarding hair, refuses to bathe, couch surfs with strangers she meets online, has fits of rage and stabbed her father in the leg.

10/31: Black and Blue Blackout Drunk

Shane's alcohol addiction has caused him to injure himself, and his friend Opie fears that he is living on borrowed time.

11/1: Former Anchorwoman and Beauty Queen Wife: Is She Addicted?

Tamara insists she loves Adderall and all of the "magical" things it is doing for her life, while her husband says she is dangerously abusing the drug.

Edited by iHateAmpersands

After reading these descriptions of coming shows, this is for sure the 2019 version of Jerry Springer. Of course, he didn’t have mysonjayandhispublishingcompany, my podcast,mywifeRobin’spodcast or an everyday compliment on Twitter. Wonder if they’ll ever show a critical comment? And what’s with the interruption to promote a show coming up later this week? Are they losing so many viewers that they’re throwing everything at the wall hoping something AT ALL will stick? He’s feeble, can’t even look people in the eye and don’t even get me started with balding, skeleton woman. They should leave while they have a smidgen of dignity left. 

• Love 3

I don't watch Dr. Phil everyday, but  I noticed something I never did before re. the format.  Last 2 weeks, I half-watched 2-3 episodes.  He started off with his guest(st) and their problem(s), then after 20 min or so, he came back from commercial to discuss another upcoming show for about 5 min.  Then he went back to the original guest(s) for a few min.  After the 2nd to last commercial break before the show ended, he's back, but now he's talking about yet another case/issue/guest he'll be chatting about on his podcast.  Then he ended the shows reading flattering, over the top puffery type reviews and accolades from "viewers".  It felt like he never fully closed out the original guests' stories.  They just...ended.  Has Phil finally realized there's no need to really look invested in these people because; 1) they are mostly on this show for self promotion, not real help, 2) Phil has little to no ability to help these people to change the horrendous lives they've opted to lead.

I was grateful that this new format didn't allow time for Robot Robin  to tell me about her lotions & potions.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I don't watch Dr. Phil everyday, but  I noticed something I never did before re. the format.  Last 2 weeks, I half-watched 2-3 episodes.  He started off with his guest(st) and their problem(s), then after 20 min or so, he came back from commercial to discuss another upcoming show for about 5 min.  Then he went back to the original guest(s) for a few min.  After the 2nd to last commercial break before the show ended, he's back, but now he's talking about yet another case/issue/guest he'll be chatting about on his podcast.  Then he ended the shows reading flattering, over the top puffery type reviews and accolades from "viewers".  It felt like he never fully closed out the original guests' stories.  They just...ended.  Has Phil finally realized there's no need to really look invested in these people because; 1) they are mostly on this show for self promotion, not real help, 2) Phil has little to no ability to help these people to change the horrendous lives they've opted to lead.

I was grateful that this new format didn't allow time for Robot Robin  to tell me about her lotions & potions.

I made these observations as well a couple of days ago. I said it seems like he’s throwing  everything he can to the wall to see what sticks. This format makes no sense and makes Phil and his staff seem confused/schizoid. It really is time to shut this show down-Phil is old and feeble and Plastica is balding and skeletal. 

• Love 3

I'm watching the older episode on OWN, about the man (Maurice) who has a girlfriend in Mexico, has stolen over $1.5 million from family, friends, church friends, and lied and cheated on his wife of 50 years to send money to his mistress.     The man actually believes the mistress had a first lung transplant, it failed, so she got another transplant, and sold the first lung on the black market for $2 million plus.    The man actually believes you can keep a lung viable for more than six hours, but instead for weeks at a time, to resell.    The man doesn't believe one of Dr. Phil's doctors talking about what a crock the lung transplant and resale is, the mark is a total idiot.      I can't believe his wife knows about his two separate affairs, his supposed daughter in Mexico, and all of his thieving and lies, and is losing her house to foreclosure, and hasn't divorced him.    The idiot so-called victim is a total idiot, and goes so far beyond catfishing, and I suspect he's in on it.       He's a total fool, and believes everything his lying girlfriend says to him, including that he has a grown daughter in Mexico. 

This guy is so far beyond a regular catfish episode.    I don't think he's innocent at all either, and I really think his wife is believing him on this garbage.    At the end he agreed to go for testing at one of Dr. Phil's buddies places, but no matter what they say, his family won't do the appropriate thing, and file criminal charges for theft.   I think his wife is just as foolish as he is, and actually believes him.   It's too late to get a guardianship for the man, or stop him wasting all of the money, because it's long gone.   I would not be surprised to see him go off to Mexico to his girlfriend either.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm watching the older episode on OWN, about the man who has a girlfriend in Mexico, has stolen over $1.5 million from family, friends, church friends, and lied and cheated on his wife of 50 years with this mistress.     The man actually believes the mistress had a failed lung transplant, it failed, so she got another transplant, and sold the first lung on the black market for $2 million plus.      The man doesn't believe one of Dr. Phil's doctors talking about what a crock the lung transplant and resale is, the mark is a total idiot.      I can't believe his wife knows about his two separate affairs, his supposed daughter in Mexico, and all of his thieving and lies, and is losing her house to foreclosure, and hasn't divorced him?     The idiot so-called victim is a total idiot, and goes so far beyond catfishing.     He's a total fool, and believes everything his lying girlfriend says to him, including that he has a grown daughter in Mexico. 

It's shows like this that had people watching.  The nonsense he has on now and the constant shilling of crap isn't cutting it anymore.  I have to wonder if the advertising dollars are shrinking as viewers are turning away from this nonsense.

• Love 3
On 10/28/2019 at 12:41 PM, BusyOctober said:

$hill has clearly lost it! With a commercial break every 5 minutes and talking about upcoming shows, his stupid Podcast and The Doctors, the featured guest gets about 15 minutes of his time....not his "help" but his precious time!.... oh I forgot his stupid Instagram posts!!

Edited by Monie
  • Love 2

I'm not going to lie.  When he actually does a show I still think Dr Phil does it better than anyone - but having said that this new format is horrible, and him schilling his podcasts in the middle is so annoying, plus the guests are getting to be one-notes.  Where is the Dr Phil that told the grieving mother that her child wouldn't want her to mourn for her every day for the rest of her life, what honor does that bring to her daughter's life to focus only on the day she died instead of the entirety of her life?  Where is the Dr Phil that famously told Oprah when she was talking about how some people have issues losing weight because of issues with their metabolism that she wasn't one of them?  Where is the Dr Phil that says "How's that working for you?"  I miss that Dr Phil.

• Love 2

I haven't watched Dr. Phil for a while, but my husband watches something that rolls into his time slot. So for the last 3 days this is what I have noted in that time slot: I watched an episode of Dr. Phil, that had ads for Dr. Phil, then ads for Dr. Phil's podcast, then an add for Robin's podcast.....but today when he said about the guest (which we had literally minutes of content wedged between the ads for - well you get it) "will she take the help, won't she take it, I don't know but Peace out, I'm done...." Robin started talking and my first thought - oh please don't. This can't be another ad - which is was! Wow, who is advising these people? 

I used to like this show, back in the TWOP days and we called him Dr. Schill so here is my horseshit advice for the day: when someone tells you who they really are, believe them. 

• Love 8