Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure why to think of the Hephzibah House episode.  Dr. P sure took the 3 girls' sides fast and sort of discounted the girl saying it was her saving grace.  I'm sure those girls were mad at being there when the parents sent them.  They were probably as rank as could be back then.  Maybe if not for HH they would be in prison or worse.  Maybe they just decided it was time for vengeance.  I really don't know and don't think I know enough to decide.

Some changes to the schedule for the rest of the week:

Today: My Partying Sister Needs a Motherhood Master Class -- Now

Tomorrow: From Housewife to Sex Offender

Friday: Zap2It says* "Failure of Justice? Brutal Murders, Claims of Wrongful Conviction" while Dr. Phil's website has a completely different episode titled "Do Words Matter or Are We Too Sensitive?"

Are we too sensitive as a society, or do words really matter? People are eager to give their opinion; but sometimes, there are real consequences, including losing your entire career with just one tweet. Kathy won Miss Michigan 2019 but got her crown removed the day after because of comments she made on social media which the pageant deemed offensive, insensitive, and inappropriate. Then, Carissa was on her way to stardom with an international modeling career when transphobic posts derailed her dreams. She even lied about being transgender herself. Can Dr. Phil help these 20-year-olds come out of their PR nightmare, or will they stand by their social media comments?

*Strangely, Zap2It's listings grid has the first title mentioned while the list of upcoming episodes on the overview page for the show has the second title.)

Edited by iHateAmpersands
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm not sure why to think of the Hephzibah House episode.  Dr. P sure took the 3 girls' sides fast and sort of discounted the girl saying it was her saving grace.  I'm sure those girls were mad at being there when the parents sent them.  They were probably as rank as could be back then.  Maybe if not for HH they would be in prison or worse.  Maybe they just decided it was time for vengeance.  I really don't know and don't think I know enough to decide.

There is a whole website with stories from many women and staff members who had terrible experiences at that school. After the story about beating a few months old baby senseless with a board, I think the people running that school are pure evil. None of those girls were in trouble with the law or headed for prison. That woman who defended them should not be in a position of advocating for children.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

There is a whole website with stories from many women and staff members who had terrible experiences at that school. After the story about beating a few months old baby senseless with a board, I think the people running that school are pure evil. None of those girls were in trouble with the law or headed for prison. That woman who defended them should not be in a position of advocating for children.

Okay thanks for the explanation.  I thought it was a home for wayward teenage children!!  Oops.

WTF did I just watch? I'm referring to the woman Mistie who had a sexual relationship with her biological son. Sooooo..... she clearly had a terrible childhood. I get that and she never got counseling for it which is really too bad. Mistie has a baby boy, doesn't raise him, goes on to marry another guy and have 4 kids with him. When her firstborn was around 15-16, she meets him over text, and starts to send explicit pics and sexts him? She's the adult, I don't care what her background was. Then, meets him for the first time and has sex with him. Do they meet at Starbucks? At a diner? Nope, at a hotel. Thank goodness she was put away for 5 years and is on the sex offenders registry. 

Mistie has issues, I don't think she made eye contact with Dr. Phil once, was basically hysterical (yet no tears?) the entire show, and I felt like she was on drugs or something. And that BS condition she talked about, being sexually attracted to a family member - glad that professional called her out on it. I don't know what to make of that woman except that I believe she shouldn't have contact with her current kids. That's just my opinion. It was disturbing to say the least. And it made me angry. 

• Love 7

Assuming another topic doesn't come up that causes them to change the schedule at the last minute (a rant for another day), here's next week's episodes:

1/20: My Boyfriend Is Married and His Wife Is Irrelevant to Me

Brooklyn, 18, says she is sick and tired of her mom butting into her love life and trying to end her relationship with her boyfriend, Eric, just because he has a wife and two children; Eric's wife says she will fight for her marriage.

1/21: My Ex Put Cameras at My House to Prove I'm a Horrible Mom

Jason says his ex-wife, Tina, refuses to be a parent, while their 16-year-old daughter refuses to talk to him, because he is a disciplinarian; Tina says Jason has put up cameras to watch her and her daughter and listen to their conversations.

1/22: Black Eye and Busted Lip: Daughter Confronts Dad on Stage

Jason and Tina's daughter says he has followed her home from school, tried to fight her boyfriend, and taken pictures of her friends' license plates, and she ended up with a black eye and busted lip during an argument with him.

1/23: Cheerleader Hires Hit Man to Kill Parents: The Exclusive Interview

A high-school cheerleader attempts to hire "hit men" to kill her parents; her parents speak out about why she wanted them dead; whether she will face decades in prison, or be rehabilitated.

1/24: Two Canceled Engagements, Cheating and Drinking: Should I Leave My Fiancé?

Loni says her fiancé, Dustin, goes from sweet to furious in a split second, has called her names in front of their child, and often drinks 12 beers a night and 60 over the weekend; Dustin says the problem is that he lives in a state of boredom.

4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

WTF did I just watch? I'm referring to the woman Mistie who had a sexual relationship with her biological son. Sooooo..... she clearly had a terrible childhood. I get that and she never got counseling for it which is really too bad. Mistie has a baby boy, doesn't raise him, goes on to marry another guy and have 4 kids with him. When her firstborn was around 15-16, she meets him over text, and starts to send explicit pics and sexts him? She's the adult, I don't care what her background was. Then, meets him for the first time and has sex with him. Do they meet at Starbucks? At a diner? Nope, at a hotel. Thank goodness she was put away for 5 years and is on the sex offenders registry. 

Mistie has issues, I don't think she made eye contact with Dr. Phil once, was basically hysterical (yet no tears?) the entire show, and I felt like she was on drugs or something. And that BS condition she talked about, being sexually attracted to a family member - glad that professional called her out on it. I don't know what to make of that woman except that I believe she shouldn't have contact with her current kids. That's just my opinion. It was disturbing to say the least. And it made me angry. 

That was so disturbing that it was almost unwatchable.  She obviously has deep-seated issues stemming from her childhood - I get that.  But the rest of it was just weird.  She couldn't make eye contact, was semi-hysterical (and yes I wondered if she was on drugs also - if I had her childhood I might be on drugs myself!).  Then they never said whether she ever went to treatment or not.

She is living with her husband but has no contact with her children and she made some excuse "they are grown and have their own lives."  Seems to me that they are choosing to estrange themselves from her (which is kind of sad but not unexpected). 

That show definitely left more questions than answers.

• Love 4

Yet Phil chastises parents who have taken their kids to endless doctors, tried many medications etc because they didn’t go to “his” preferred clinic. He doesn’t take into account that most people have insurance plans that can only be used with certain doctors and people might not even be aware of the PNP clinic.

• Love 5
On 1/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, RoxiP said:

That was so disturbing that it was almost unwatchable.  She obviously has deep-seated issues stemming from her childhood - I get that.  But the rest of it was just weird.  She couldn't make eye contact, was semi-hysterical (and yes I wondered if she was on drugs also - if I had her childhood I might be on drugs myself!).  Then they never said whether she ever went to treatment or not.

She is living with her husband but has no contact with her children and she made some excuse "they are grown and have their own lives."  Seems to me that they are choosing to estrange themselves from her (which is kind of sad but not unexpected). 

That show definitely left more questions than answers.

I didn't see any tears or see any nose discharge....   She thinks it is very unfair to be a registered sex offender.  I think she was hoping Dr. P would give her ideas on how to get that undone.

• Love 3
On 1/17/2020 at 7:33 PM, Morgalisa said:

I wonder why Dr Phil still sends people to the PNP center yet he never does any follow-up shows to show their progress. The reviews online for PNP are horrendous. I don't know how they manage to stay open.

Probably the Dr. Phil Foundation is paying for everything.  Not sure who would,go there otherwise or how my he place would be recommended by a legit doctor.

• Love 2

2019 episode--Woman accused of being alcoholic and disowned by adult daughter(s).   She is the one who wanted Robin on the stage to sit by her.  She kept leaning over to Robin and whispering to her and touching her.  Had I been Robin I would have run off the stage to get in the shower and change clothes.  But she kept a smile on her face the entire time and was very professional.  

Maybe my somewhat negative opinion of her will change (a little at least).

What is it with the bad wigs on this show?!!! Can they not spring for wigs that don't look like they came from the Raquel Welch Bargain Bin? Truly hideous and WHY? You think no one will recognize you with that disgusting road kill on your head? Oh yeah...our friends, neighbors, etc. will NEVER guess that's YOU!

Lately what with Phil either flogging his latest book, Pod Cast or Robin's skin care shit, his sons and their shit....I'm surprised there's time left for an actual show!!

Oh..and don't forget the monthly representative from someplace like Olay or No 7. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

What is it with the bad wigs on this show?!!! Can they not spring for wigs that don't look like they came from the Raquel Welch Bargain Bin? Truly hideous and WHY? You think no one will recognize you with that disgusting road kill on your head? Oh yeah...our friends, neighbors, etc. will NEVER guess that's YOU!

Lately what with Phil either flogging his latest book, Pod Cast or Robin's skin care shit, his sons and their shit....I'm surprised there's time left for an actual show!!

Oh..and don't forget the monthly representative from someplace like Olay or No 7. 

But I did see an advertisement for a new catfish episode in the near future!

• Love 2

Oh....well.........the hell with the wigs then! 

Coming up Thursday..."Catfishing....with WIGS!!!" Yes! Now you can disguise yourself while you string along some poor unsuspecting sucker, in the privacy and comfort of your own home!"

• Love 1

So I'm watching the one about the cheerleader who hired people to kill her mother and stepfather.    The mother must be on something (I wonder if she's been prescribed tranquilizers?), she barely opens her eyes, and seems to be in a stupor.   The stepfather (some kind of law enforcement) , and mother never asked why she tried to have them killed.     

Also, the woman's first husband wasn't the girl's father, and horribly abused the daughter, and the mother claims she knew nothing about that.    The only think the mother says that makes sense is that she says she won't have the girl back in her home.    The girl is looking at being tried as an adult, with a possible 30 year sentence for each murder attempt, and public defender is saying to take the 20 year plea deal.    (On a tacky note, they're shooting this without an audience, and Phil and the parents have a ton of make up on, it looks awful).    

The mother is full of excuses for her murderous daughter. 

How nice, Dr. Phil arranged for a pro bono attorney, and the girl's sentence is now 9 months in juvenile detention, and then parole.  I wonder if she's moving home with delusional Mommy and Step Daddy?    

My guess is she'll be back with the boyfriend in no time, and the parents will be getting visits from the police telling them the hit is back on within a few months. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Next week, the only upside is that we get a catfish episode on Wednesday.

1/27: My Manipulative, Raging Son Can't Stop Lying and Refuses to Go to School

Linda and Chuck say their 17-year-old son, Mike, refuses to take "no" for an answer, follow their rules, go to school, or grow up; Mike says he's not the one who needs help -- his mother is the one who needs to be smacked in the face with reality.

1/28: Forced at 14 to Be a Parent to My Out-of-Control Brothers

Ariana's widowed mother quit acting as a parent and started dating and going out, leaving her to raise her destructive, violent younger brothers: one of them killed the family dog, and the other gets strip-searched for weapons at school every day.

1/29: We Think Our Mother and Her Husband Are Being Duped by Her Online Boyfriend

Siblings say their 71-year-old retired mortgage-broker mother, Renee, is completely absorbed in her relationship with online scammer "Thomas Nunez Hughs," to whom she has given hundreds of thousands of dollars.

1/30: Exclusive: Family Accused of Locking Their Children in Cages

Children's great-grandparents, Pamela and James Bond, and their mother, Kylla Mann, were arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse and reckless endangerment; Dr. Phil interviews the family about what they say really happened.

1/31: My Son Believes He's a Cyborg From the Future!

Anita says that, after graduating from NYU, her 24-year-old son, Orrin, announced that he is a mechanized cyborg who is part of a "collective intelligence" sent back in time by "higher beings" to warn humanity of the upcoming apocalypse.

Haven’t watched the good Doc in a week or two, but finally caught the last 30 min today.  First 14 min (minus ads)Angry, angsty teen is going off the the “real working ranch” for therapy and hopefully won’t be angry and angsty anymore. Then the last segment was some new (to me) mail order meal subscription service for “busy people” who can’t find time to make healthy meals at the end of their busy day.  Must be better and more healthy than the other 875 meal subscription services out there, because Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez endorse it! Well, you’ve sold me!  If anyone can convince me that I need this heat & eat baggie in a crock pot business, it’s multi millionaire celebrities.  JLo and ARod are just like me!  When I get driven or flown home from touring or acting or endorsing products, and it’s the nanny’s and personal chef’s night off, it’s good to know I can grab a bag o’ beans and rice and ladle it out for my kids in 15 minutes! Good God, I assume Phil or Robin the Robot or one of the sons is somehow financially involved in this company. And the samples looked horrible! Mushy, nondescript bowls of slop.  The spokeswoman demonstrating the stuff actual described one dish as “casion”. I assume she was trying to say Cajun, but no regional cuisine modifier is going to make that look appetizing.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 1

I watched (fast/forward) the angry teen episode.  I actually have some hope for him.  I do believe the news of his adoption and knowing he was abused by his bio Dad had a terrible effect.   And generally I cannot stand the entitled teen segments.  Hopefully one day we will get an update and he is on the straight and narrow.

And how about the grandparents that actually adopted this child.  Supposed to be enjoying their retirement and have another kid to rear.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:30 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

1/29: We Think Our Mother and Her Husband Are Being Duped by Her Online Boyfriend

Siblings say their 71-year-old retired mortgage-broker mother, Renee, is completely absorbed in her relationship with online scammer "Thomas Nunez Hughs," to whom she has given hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Yeah!  It's been a while since he had a good catfish episode.  Gonna have the popcorn ready to enjoy the delusion and denial.

• Love 4
On 1/21/2020 at 3:17 PM, Sam Spayaid said:

The shameless shilling for Robin's skin care line is out of control...it's bad enough we have to hear about his son Jay's business ventures but plugging Robin's stuff almost every show is beyond disgraceful. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, kicksave said:

The shameless shilling for Robin's skin care line is out of control...it's bad enough we have to hear about his son Jay's business ventures but plugging Robin's stuff almost every show is beyond disgraceful. 

I was watching an episode yesterday where he told the guest on the show, "I NEVER do business with family."

Then I had to clean off my TV screen as I spit out my iced coffee.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

This is the first time I have watched a full episode since they started showing the behind-the-scenes stuff before the show and between commercials, and ... ugh, so distracting and annoying.

As for the rest of the show, I'll just mention the stuff that made this episode unique since it was pretty much the same old catfish episode:

• Her voice sounded like she either had cheap, poor fitting dentures or she had so much saliva in her mouth they were floating around in her mouth (I started thinking of her as "Gully McDenturemouth" for the rest of the show because of this).
  • She said something dumb to the effect of "if he was scamming me, he wouldn't be calling me so much".
  • She said that "Thomas" said that he thought Dr. Phil was the scammer.
  • Dr. Phil throws in an ad for Daily Mail TV by revealing that the picture used for "Thomas'" "daughter" was actually featured in an article about a girl who was a runaway.
  • Her favorite gift from "Thomas"? A pizza that her husband had to drive 30 miles away to pick up.
  • Her son said that a long time ago, she told him not to fall for any scams that come his way.

Also, tomorrow's topic about the kids in cages was also seen on Dr. Oz yesterday and it was revealed that 1) you shouldn't play Scrabble with Robin and 2) their good friend Ronnie Dunn has a new album out.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • LOL 3

I love the Catfish episode with the woman, and I think it's hysterical that her husband is fine with the relationship with this man.    Is this the first married couple Catfish?  The man has made many promises, including to marry the "Victim" after he gets out of South Africa (they are not stopping people from leaving there).    There is a video from the current husband, who seems to be rather off too.    The husband has sent money to the scammer, and claims the man is real.  

Everyone in her family, except the current husband of many years, are estranged.    Adult daughter says mother isn't invited to her wedding, especially after the mother said she's coming to the wedding with her boyfriend/fiance.     The woman has borrowed from both adult children, and who knows who else to finance this scammer.    This has been going on for over four years.  The current husband of many years, is fine with all of this, as long as the scammer gives him the new truck of his choice.     This woman claims the man is worth millions, but can't access them until he gets back to the U.S.     I love that the big present to the woman was a couple of pizzas that she had to pick up from a lot of miles from her home.  

This woman will never stop sending money to the scammer, and thinking he's her Prince Charming.    The husband is a fool too.  If the woman admits to sending $30,000 to this man, then I'm sure it's 10 times that amount.   The woman already knew that his old U.S. address didn't exist.    However, she's going to go home, call the guy, and send him money.

By the way, I suspect the daughter who doesn't exist, Chessy Hughs is pronounced like the game of Chess with a Y on it, not Cheese-y like Dr. Phil and everyone on the show keeps doing. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the Catfish episode with the woman, and I think it's hysterical that her husband is fine with the relationship with this man. Is this the first married couple Catfish?

There was the one last season where the married guy thought he was having a relationship with Miranda Lambert, though his spouse knew it was a scam.

• Love 3

Just watched the first 15 minutes of the catfish episode.  It's the first commercial break and from the preview for the rest of the show, I see that this woman is a lost cause and I won't even bother to see the rest, to keep my blood pressure at a good level. 

OMG, this mush-mouth old slag thinks that handsome Thomas can hardly wait to marry her lumpy old ass?  Stupid husband has been charmed now too, and is just hanging around because he's seeing dollar signs from this scammer.  Those kids should just cut Mom off and block her phone number because it's only a matter of time when she tries to call them for another loan or to live with them after she can no longer pay her rent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 1/18/2020 at 5:09 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I didn't see any tears or see any nose discharge....   She thinks it is very unfair to be a registered sex offender.  I think she was hoping Dr. P would give her ideas on how to get that undone.

Oh I so agree! She doesn’t want therapeutic treatment, she wanted him to help her undo the sex offender status. Dollars to donuts she never went to Onsite for treatment. I thought she looked either drunk or under the influence of some kind of other substance. Those tears and her demeanor seemed fake especially when you compare it to her interviews where she seemed lucid and coherent. Did I mishear her? I thought she said she was in a common law marriage and that her “husband” took her to the motel to meet her son...maybe I got it all wrong. Her selfies show a woman who looked quite comfortable posing in erotic poses in sexy outfits. I’m not sure I’m buying her story about her mother leaving her in the woods when she was four years old. 

• Love 3

First of all, who spells Hughes without the 'e'?  Second, why did they pronounce "Chessy" as "Cheesy"?  They didn't even really finish up the storyline - what's going to happen with this woman and her husband?  Is he going to be willing to take her back after she's sent all their money to this very transparent scammer and he's not going to get his half million trust fund?

I'm just not buying this storyline and not sure that the guests weren't the scammers.

Pretty sure the lady was going to be texting good old Thomas on the limo ride back to the hotel.

Edited by RoxiP
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

This woman is just plain STUPID...pure and simple. And if it's a case that she's mentally ill - which I am NOT discounting at all, then she needs to be committed...STAT before she blows any more money on this crook. 

I don't get it. Are these people REALLY so lonely, bored, horny that they would willingly give away a shitload of cash to some idiot they have never set eyes on?!!!! Have they been living in a cave to have not heard about these scams? Come on! How could you NOT?!! 

That's why I say her mental age/state are definitely suspect.

• Love 1

I missed the episode about the woman who slept with her son, but I saw clips. Such a sick, twisted situation. I admit I felt bad for her when I saw the clip of her talking about her childhood trauma, but it doesn't excuse what she did. If a grown man slept with his teenage daughter...

I can't believe that adorable cheerleader wanted to kill her parents. 

There's a rerun on OWN about a catfish fool named Steve.    He's sent over $100,000 to his Nigerian heiress, that he claims he's married to.   No, they never met in person.    The man has been scammed on phony lottery scams before, and apparently other scams over the years.   His adult daughter tried to get conservatorship and failed.     He really believes that he's going to get many millions from his 'wife'.      He's even tried to get money from friends, and relatives too.   

He was caught trying to cash a bad check ($32,000 check) from another scammer in Ghana, and got arrested and charged with a felony.  Steve is on probation, my question is why he had probation for this?        He belongs in a nice jail.     

This man takes a lot of joy in announcing that since he has a delusional order, then he isn't responsible for anything.    I really want to punch this guy out.    The end of the show is the man and his daughter embracing.   Bet that lasted until she finds out that Steve is still sending money to his Nigerian heiress, and falling for all of the other scams.   I bet he was sending money to the scammer on the way to the airport.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1

Next week includes a drug-addicted hoarder, fake pregnancies and yet another adult son with major anger issues:

2/3: A House of Addicts

Mary and Michael lost a daughter to an overdose in 2011, and are worried about history repeating itself: their biggest fear is finding daughter Shayne dead from using drugs in her home, which is cluttered due to hoarding.

2/4: House of Addicts: The Family Confronts Shayne

Shayne is ready to confront her family about her drug addiction, and to confront her sister, Shelby, because she feels she is responsible for their other sister's death.

2/5: My Daughter Won't Stop Faking Pregnancies!

After faking 10 previous pregnancies, Taylor produced a sonogram that convinced her family that she was telling the truth about her latest pregnancy, but after nine months told them she miscarried; Dr. Phil investigates and learns the truth.

2/6: Help! I'm Going to Inherit a Messy Mansion, Millions and My Adult Sister

Kim's mom says she has it all: her dream home, a happy marriage, money for hired help, and her adult daughter, Lori, living in her basement; Kim says she fears that she's going to inherit her mother's overcrowded and messy mansion and her sister.

2/7: Our Family Is Being Bullied by Raging Ryan

Three siblings say they live in fear of their 25-year-old brother, Ryan, who turns into a monster, destroying whatever is in his path if he doesn't get what he wants; they and their mother, Erika, give in to his demands to make sure he is kept happy.

23 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

The only thing worth saying about today's show is that Orrin the "Cyborg" is clearly angling for a music career.

OMG. This. Guy. It’d be more fun to chuck him into a blacked out plane, drag him to a secret govt location and scare the fakey-cyborg shit right outta him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

I forgot this slightly gag-inducing moment from the end of the show: Dr. Phil read a comment from someone on Twitter saying "I hope Dr. Phil lives forever", then the camera showed Robin crossing both her fingers.

While looking like she was already dead, but brought back to life as a zombie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

OMG. This. Guy. It’d be more fun to chuck him into a blacked out plane, drag him to a secret govt location and scare the fakey-cyborg shit right outta him. 

his episode was interrupted by the hearings. How did it end? Did he accept help?

10 hours ago, retired watcher said:

his episode was interrupted by the hearings. How did it end? Did he accept help?

Yes  Thankfully this episode was preempted so I only saw the last 10 minutes.

I'm still trying to understand why they cut to the back stage people doing all the gyrations and hand motions and CUT 1 2 3 like the world will fall off its axis if they don't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

WTF is with this new stupidity they started this season where they start off every show with a "behind the scenes" teaser about the show's topic? Is it supposed to show us that on this show, they're a bunch of hard-hitting serious journalists who take their work super seriously?!!! HOW STUPID IS THIS?!!!

Too bad they have to go and ruin the whole CNN vibe by bringing on a sales rep from Olay or Robin to babble about her latest skin care products.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Oh Lawdy 2 day show about a druggie.  Why?

Aside from the stepmother it seems like EVERYBODY in that show is an addict!  Or a recovering addict.  I actually thought Dr. Phil was really dismissive of the parents, although I guess he was trying to see whether the dad was tough enough to do the hard work of not enabling the addict sister (whom we have seen only in taped pieces to this point).  The sister that died - she was so beautiful - it is heartbreaking, and I was sad at the one sister blaming the other.

I'll be interested to see the other sister on the second part of the episode today. That whole entire family needs help. I believe the mom on stage is technically the step mom -- maybe I missed it but I wonder what happened to the bio mom. 

Dr. Phil is driving me batty though. I can't stand the new opening with the staff (how stupid and scripted is that?) and have  y'all noticed that when Phil is onstage and talking to someone, he hardly ever looks them in the eyes? He just stares down at the floor or something, I feel like he hardly makes eye contact. And, his huffing and puffing and rolling his eyes/putting his hand over his face -- all the fake drama. Don't get me started on his mid show ads for Phil in the Blanks, Dr. on Demand, Robin's overpriced skin shit. UGH. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I'll be interested to see the other sister on the second part of the episode today. That whole entire family needs help. I believe the mom on stage is technically the step mom -- maybe I missed it but I wonder what happened to the bio mom. 

Dr. Phil is driving me batty though. I can't stand the new opening with the staff (how stupid and scripted is that?) and have  y'all noticed that when Phil is onstage and talking to someone, he hardly ever looks them in the eyes? He just stares down at the floor or something, I feel like he hardly makes eye contact. And, his huffing and puffing and rolling his eyes/putting his hand over his face -- all the fake drama. Don't get me started on his mid show ads for Phil in the Blanks, Dr. on Demand, Robin's overpriced skin shit. UGH. 

I don't think there was ever an explanation of what happened to bio mom.  Seems like stepmom has been in the picture for I think at least 17 years or so.

For the most part I think Dr. Phil gives sound advice so I just ignore all of his dramatics because I don't think he's good at them and has just been given advice by so-called experts.  I honestly don't think he needs them.  I much preferred his no bullsh*t advice of years ago - I think he's been advised to tone down some of it but sometimes people just need to hear the plain unvarnished truth about how much they've screwed up their lives.  Perhaps he needs to come back to Texas - maybe living in California has altered his brain...LOL!  (just kidding - no dissing any of you would love California and call it home!)

• Love 3
21 hours ago, RoxiP said:

For the most part I think Dr. Phil gives sound advice 

Well...he used to give sound advice. His show is now so far off from what it originally was, it's barely recognizable! He USED to have a show featuring people with complex issues. Now it's nothing but stupid white trash with horrible idiot kids that should be locked up in the violent ward of a psych hospital, victims of cat fishing who are too stupid to be pitied and of course, your garden variety addicts. His show is parade of human failure and he's now no better than someone as vile as say Maury Povitch. And then there's Phil - when he's not flogging his latest book, podcast or something one of his sons did, or telling us that it's NOT his first rodeo, he will again remind us of his many storied accomplishments, just before he brings out the Skin Care Rep Of The Week or Robin to flog her products!!! Is this a talk show or QVC?!! Pathetic and tacky. And what about those credentials, huh, Phil? You know...the dodgy ones? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

I do have to say that I started using No. 7 after I saw it on the show and it is an amazing product...LOL!

Okay. Now you have to go out and buy all his books, his sons' books, Robin's book and of course, all of her skin care products. And listen to the podcast. Did I leave anything out? 

• LOL 1