Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I don't know if this is a first for this show, but today's episode with the "beautiful" hoarder daughter who won't shower had a part at the beginning of the third or fourth segment where they show what happened during the commercial break (the father was saying something about taking her to Red Lobster in order for her to take a bubble bath).

Before the walk-off/Robin's Revelation pimping, he showed a picture from Instagram of him and Robin dancing along with some gushing comments from people saying stuff like "where can I find someone who loves me like Robin loves Dr. Phil?"

"will she take the help, won't she take it, I don't know but Peace out, I'm done...."

...which just so happens to be the name of her latest product (with the word "done" in all caps).

• Love 2

I’m so sick of this pseudo psych expert. Today’s show With the smelly, homeless, hair hoarder could have been a good one. As usual, $hil spends 75% of the program bashing the parents who obviously know they made mistakes and are desperate for help. The other 25% is split between pimping his wife (camera on Robin nodding like a moron) and yammering about his Instagram and pod cast. Oh and the obligatory appearance of Sophy.  At least he seems to have ditched the Life Coach. 
Do women really buy Robin’s bs Revelations? Can’t they see she’s really just an embalmed cadaver?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I haven't seen any comment's on the 11 year old pistol packing son of "Bree."

I watched about 15 minutes of it today before having to stop for something else.

But what got to me is when he got all over "Bree's" mom for not taking the child when it was a baby and raising it.  Maybe she didn't want to raise another child, especially one that she didn't birth.  Maybe she didn't want to get caught up in the lifetime of drama "you stole my baby from me."  

Just because it was her grandchild does not mean she has to step in and raise it.

• Love 3

The only way I can watch this show is to tape it, then stop watching after the 35 minute mark. After that is the plugs for podcasts, books, beauty products. And if it's a "troubled" person, we have to watch him award the person with a spa vacation to a fancy rehab. Can't stand it. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

But what got to me is when he got all over "Bree's" mom for not taking the child when it was a baby and raising it.  Maybe she didn't want to raise another child, especially one that she didn't birth.  

We saw how that worked out with Alexandria from the Dr. Phil family. Erin and Marty ended up with all 3 kids before we lost track of them. It is great if the grandparents can do it but they are not obligated. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

We saw how that worked out with Alexandria from the Dr. Phil family. Erin and Marty ended up with all 3 kids before we lost track of them. It is great if the grandparents can do it but they are not obligated. 

Gosh I guess I didn't know about that at all.  

Next week's lineup:

11/4: Torn Between Two Fiancés

Linda thinks her daughter's two online fiances are in it for the green cards; one of the men appears on the show, and Dr. Phil reveals what a private investigator discovered about his past.

11/5: Holly's Fiancés Face Off

Holly's other online fiance comes to the show, and the two men meet for the first time; Holly reveals a secret she's been keeping from both of them; Dr. Phil tells her whether he is OK with her marrying one of them or if they just want green cards.

11/6: My Teen Son Is Facing Prison After Escaping Police Custody During a Televised Manhunt

Mama's boy Chas, 17, faces five felony charges after escaping police custody and causing an eight-hour manhunt; his father says he tries to discipline him, but the boy's mother always shuts him down.

11/7: Ukrainian Orphan: Child or Adult Sociopath? The Exclusive Interview

An interview with the Ukrainian orphan whose adoptive parents have been accused of abandoning her when she was just 8 years old; they say Natalia, who has a form of dwarfism, is really a sociopathic adult posing as a child -- who tried to kill them. [Dr. Oz covered this story on yesterday's show.]

11/8: An Intense Intervention: I'm Addicted to Pain Pills, but Not an Addict

Nate was shocked after returning home to find his mother, 52, looking like a frail old woman due to an opioid addiction; she told Dr. Phil's producers she wants to get help for her "medical issues" but is not drug-addicted.

What does it say about me that I'd have jetted if I were involved with 90% of the messes that end up on the show?  Like this husband with the manic wife... I don't understand why he hangs around and deals with a woman who has the demeanor of a hyperactive toddler.  My bags would be packed cause who got time for that?  Not me.

• Love 1

I'm so sick of every single episode going from a serious topic straight to one of Robin or Phil's many many other money making schemes. I feel like Phil and Robin are both quacks, and the problem is  that they don't seem to be trying to hide it that well. Robin and her "i'm so passionate about domestic violence" spiel.. yet she talks way more about her face creams than domestic violence on any given episode. If you're so passionate, then why not talk about that instead? Oh right.. because you're not. And she keeps getting more surgeries yet keeps insisting her face creams are miracle creams. It's just getting to the point where I don't understand how they're not embarrassed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

90 Day Fiance cross-over on today's show. The woman on the show was filming for 90 Day Fiance but the filming stopped when production did a background check on her boyfriend and found out he was accused of being a child molester. The woman thinks her boyfriend was set up and doesn't believe the charges. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, druzy said:

90 Day Fiance cross-over on today's show. The woman on the show was filming for 90 Day Fiance but the filming stopped when production did a background check on her boyfriend and found out he was accused of being a child molester. The woman thinks her boyfriend was set up and doesn't believe the charges. 

Darn - I'd love to see that one.  I've often wondered how it is that there aren't more of these types of topics on his show.  It's so clearly a scam with most of these.

That load Holly is just another catfish victim, desperate for love and being used. The drama these guys are creating is giving her something to do with her life.  The Keoma guy is calling her names and lying but she takes him back multiple times.  I also got the feeling that she is another pathetic fame whore and since she wasn't able to do the 90 Day Fiancee show, Phil is the second best way for her to get onto TV.   

I bailed before the end of the show because her doormat-ness was making me sick and I was getting the feeling that she was gonna keep contacting at least one of the dudes - better a guy in another country than none at all.   Also, her mother's horrible facial surgery was giving me the creeps.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 1

I actually watched this one.     The only thing more pathetic about Holly believing both of the men, including the Brazilian one, was the plastic mask Robin McGraw had for a face.     

There was another rerun today on OWn that was interesting.   The grandmother died, and left everything to her son.   Two of the granddaughters (I think there were three, might have been two) were whining about having to wait for daddy to kick to get their inheritance.      One daughter said the truth, it was grandma's money, and hers to do with as she pleased, and no one is owed an inheritance.     Then the real motive of the other daughter was revealed.   Daddy has a 'girlfriend' in the Ukraine, he's flown there twice to meet her, but both times she was traveling overseas, or some other excuse, and couldn't meet him.   He claims she's legit, if she comes to the U.S. so they can marry, she's fine with an ironclad prenup, leaving her nothing.      My eyes rolled so far back in my head at that statement, my face still hurts.     He's totally being catfished, and he's enjoying it.    The whining daughter just wants more money for herself.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, patty1h said:

I also got the feeling that she is another pathetic fame whore and since she wasn't able to do the 90 Day Fiancee show, Phil is the second best way for her to get onto TV.   

This. So. Much. 

Is Holly in love with the two guys or does she just want to humiliate them and argue on TV? I found her particularly unsympathetic, and almost like a reverse-catfish, luring these guys in with skinny photos of herself for the promise of a life in the US. She’s got way bigger problems than being a lovelorn loser.

And the “I love you schmoopy baby” FaceTime-ing. 100% vomitrocious. 

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, druzy said:

From what I could tell the charges were dismissed - he didn't go to trial or if he did he was not convicted.  He was teaching English lessons to children and was dating a girl from an affluent family whose father didn't like him.  Allegedly the father convinced someone (the parents?) of one of the children to make allegations of inappropriate behavior against him.  When the other children were questioned none of them backed up the story.

The guy was undeniably looking for a green card - he was pretty much up-front about it - but apparently not a pedophile.

I am hoping Holly and the two guys is just a publicity stunt.  Otherwise, she needs a lot of therapy; she has zero self worth, doormat isn't even an apt adjective to describe her.  

Everyone is insecure in some respect, but she's just making any guy into her prince charming, reality be damned.  

She is not horrible looking; there are guys right here who would date her, provided she grew a spine and had any self worth.  She's the type who is engaged within 1 to 2 dates, black belt clinger.  These guys are putting up with her (somewhat) so they can get a green card.  

Holly was exhausting with the drama queen antics again today - covering her face, gasping, etc.  I think she figured this could be an audition tape for some future reality show opportunities.

Holly should consider getting a prison boyfriend - that's the logical next step if she ends up cutting ties with the overseas BFs.  Similar to the situation with the two foreigners, where she kept them baited with the promise of a green card/a better life in the good ole USA, a prisoner is a good deal for a certain type of woman.  She can proudly say she has a man, and she can have the upper hand on him by dropping money in his commissary as she sees fit.  She will always know where he is, and he will be sweet and loving to get her to keep the cash on his books.  She'll get someone who "needs" her and fills the deep hole she has where her self esteem should be. 

• Love 2

I got the feeling we were supposed to feel bad for holly , but she is the one with 2 fiancés , yet kept on with her woe is me act . The guys were using her no doubt , but one of them was honest and said he’d try it with her but ultimately wanted to go to the U.S. She was no better than them and was “ engaged “ 😂 to 2 people at once , was showing false pictures and was telling them both she loved them . I wish Phil told her to stop playing the victim . The whole show I kept thinking how out of it she was but the end with the explanation of drugs made sense . She needs rehab and therapy stat . 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Holly was exhausting with the drama queen antics again today - covering her face, gasping, etc.  I think she figured this could be an audition tape for some future reality show opportunities.

Coach what's his name is going to fix her.

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

She’s got way bigger problems than being a lovelorn loser.

May I quote myself?  I feel really vindicated by the addiction reveal in Part 2 of Holly-drama.  Despite my better instincts, oddly I still felt no sympathy for her.

Nine, wait NINE??, hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10/325s a day???  Holy effin' crap.  After minor surgery I was prescribed 5/325s and just one knocked me flat.  Miss Holly is quite a playa.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, patty1h said:

Holly should consider getting a prison boyfriend - that's the logical next step if she ends up cutting ties with the overseas BFs.  Similar to the situation with the two foreigners, where she kept them baited with the promise of a green card/a better life in the good ole USA, a prisoner is a good deal for a certain type of woman.  She can proudly say she has a man, and she can have the upper hand on him by dropping money in his commissary as she sees fit.  She will always know where he is, and he will be sweet and loving to get her to keep the cash on his books.  She'll get someone who "needs" her and fills the deep hole she has where her self esteem should be. 

Holly got her ultimate wish, to be on tv.  Great idea for her to try Love After Lockup!  She'd be a great inmate catch - besides love and money, she can provide drugs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I thought Chas got some great advice yesterday - not necessarily from Phil but from his guests (NOT Coach Mike, thank goodness!).  The guests had useful coaching that Chas seemed to take seriously.  I hope things work out for him. 

• Love 1

This is an interesting case. There is no way she lived in an apartment by herself from ages 6-8. Also wonder why she was in 30 different foster homes. This is one of those stories I can’t make my mind up about. Curious what everyone else thinks.

• Love 3

Watched it. Not a sixteen year old. Wait til the new Mom and Dad get the treatment. I think she came clean to the people who left her the apartment, but grifting is easier than getting a job.  I do not watch  Dr. Phil as a rule because I find him to be a revolting human being. He did not change my opinion of him, today.

• Love 7

Not a 16-year-old.  No way.

At the end, they had a woman who claimed to be her birth mother in Ukraine, spouting off her date and time of giving birth.  Yeah.  This woman aged out of the ability to be a Ukranian cam scammer (see Caesar in 90-Day Fiancee), and is now taking whatever "acting" jobs she can get.

I can't believe Phil fell for that story.  He got in the gullible line behind the couple with whom Natalia is now living.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Not a 16-year-old.  No way.

At the end, they had a woman who claimed to be her birth mother in Ukraine, spouting off her date and time of giving birth.  Yeah.  This woman aged out of the ability to be a Ukranian cam scammer (see Caesar in 90-Day Fiancee), and is now taking whatever "acting" jobs she can get.

I can't believe Phil fell for that story.  He got in the gullible line behind the couple with whom Natalia is now living.

I just watched the episode.  I knew nothing of this story but did see the movie they were referring to. 

I am really torn.  How did an 8 year old survive by herself in an apartment for a year?  Why did Dr. Phil not utilize any of his many resources to do more research?  How did the previous family get a judge to legally change her age?  What about the first family that gave her up?   How was the birth mother located if all adoption records are sealed (per Google)?  Envision Ukraine Orphan Girl being of normal height,  etc and I see an adult,  not a teen.  

One last question:  as a new viewer to Dr. Phil,  why does his wife look like a totally different person than she does in the earlier episodes? 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

One last question:  as a new viewer to Dr. Phil,  why does his wife look like a totally different person than she does in the earlier episodes? 

We're pretty sure it's not because of the face creams she hawks.  There's a lot of discussion on her in another thread in the Dr. Phil forum here.

I personally think she's trying to get a booking on another show - maybe "Botched"????

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I caught the last few minutes of today's show with the woman who was addicted to opioids and didn't think she had a problem, and that bald guy they had on from The Meadows rehab center gave off a sinister, creepy vibe. If that's the best representative they could get to come on the show, it tells me all I need to know about what that place is probably like.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2019 at 6:06 AM, TV Glotzer said:

This. So. Much. 

Is Holly in love with the two guys or does she just want to humiliate them and argue on TV? I found her particularly unsympathetic, and almost like a reverse-catfish, luring these guys in with skinny photos of herself for the promise of a life in the US. She’s got way bigger problems than being a lovelorn loser.

And the “I love you schmoopy baby” FaceTime-ing. 100% vomitrocious. 

I think Holly was trying to be on ANY TV show. 90 day fiance, Catfish, my 600 pound life, and it looks like intervention is in the running too. 😑

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, Madding crowd said:

This is an interesting case. There is no way she lived in an apartment by herself from ages 6-8. Also wonder why she was in 30 different foster homes. This is one of those stories I can’t make my mind up about. Curious what everyone else thinks.

I'm not a regular Dr. Phil watcher but I did watch this episode because I've fallen deep down the rabbit hole on this story.

Natalia said that Kristine Barnett told her she was in 30 different homes but that she herself did not remember being in so many homes. She also said she was left in the apartment when she was 8. I don't know how she survived in the apartment alone at that age.

Here's the original Daily Mail story with Kristine making the "she tried to kill us" accusations. Here's a segment from Inside Edition interviewing the DePauls, who Natalia mentioned as the one of the families she remembers being with before the Barnetts.

For me, the most damning evidence in Natalia's favor is Kristine Barnett's own photos. Natalia's face has matured too much in the ensuing years for me to believe that she was a full-grown adult when they adopted her. Heck, Kristine says in the Daily Mail article that she had adult teeth but she clearly still has baby teeth (minus the two front ones) in Kristine's photos. One would think that if Natalia was really 22 when the Barnetts left her, she'd just look like an older adult now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2019 at 1:37 PM, DuckyinKy said:

so here is my horseshit advice for the day: when someone tells you who they really are, believe them. 

Damn. That's not horseshit, that should be considered a biblical quote! I love it.

• Love 1

Other than Monday's (and maybe Thursday's) show, next week's lineup doesn't seem very sweeps-worthy:

11/11: My Mom Is Homeless and Believes She Is Engaged to Putin

Jennifer believes she and Russian President Vladimir Putin are head-over-heels in love, and she's choosing to be homeless because he will be picking her up soon; her children say she is mentally ill and thinks she has influenced world events.

11/12: Prescription Drugs, Drinking and DWIs: My Daughter Is a Hot Mess

Miranda says her mother is controlling, manic and always nagging her; Cathy says she has no choice, because her 22-year-old daughter is living in her home, fighting, screaming, drinking and on prescription drugs.

11/13: Athlete to Addict

Bobby and Renna say their son, Cameron, was a local hero in their small town, until injuries, surgeries and pain pills destroyed his athletic career, and now he is a heroin-addicted criminal; the parents are not on the same page on how to save him.

11/14: Twins' Tragic Hot Car Death Exclusive

Juan Rodriguez was to drop off his 1-year-old twins at daycare, but forgot them in a hot car while he was at work, causing their deaths; the twins' mother explains why she is standing by her husband and reveals what she wants other parents to learn.

11/15: Our 15-Year-Old Runaway Daughter Claims She's Pregnant, but Is She?

Maribeth and John say their 15-year-old daughter, Marie, has become distant and angry and has started running away and committing crimes; the last time she returned, she said she was pregnant.

Re: Ukranian adoption - I can't believe that there's no way to pinpoint someone's age using bone denisty scans and dental tests. I seriously doubt she is 16, she looks more like 25 to me. There is not a chance on this earth a child can survive living on their own alone in an apartment for 2 years. No way. I also don't understand the first adoptive parents. If it was a scam, why not try to get the adoption nullified? Why set her up in an apartment? 

• Love 3