Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I came up with nothing.

Not just the "house people" or anyone else, ever on the show!

Phil is such a famewhore that if anyone got their shit together and triumphed after his "magic wand", he would shout it from the rooftops.

No one.  Just crickets.  

Those "ranches & retreats" cost 30k a month!  How many poor, frustrated parents ponyied up that cash to fix their teenagers cause Schill said to???

My parents would have taken away everything that was dear to me, then knocked me into next week.  Ranch and horses??? If only!!!

I am still Team Oprah and wish she would rein Schill in and tell him that he's "rich enough, just stop it".

• Love 2

What I am noticing about his show is the exclusive interviews of people no one cares about - no audience, no studio, no walking out with Robin at the end.  There've been more than a few of them and maybe they're trying to change things up a bit, which is fine, but I just don't think anyone cares anymore.  Sadly, as above, we never see the results of his work.  One can only assume that there is nominal, if any, success.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, b2H said:

Sadly, as above, we never see the results of his work.  One can only assume that there is nominal, if any, success.

Yup.  Guests just get schlepped off to whatever, never to be heard from again

35 minutes ago, b2H said:

What I am noticing about his show is the exclusive interviews of people no one cares about - no audience, no studio, no walking out with Robin at the end.  There've been more than a few of them and maybe they're trying to change things up a bit, which is fine, but I just don't think anyone cares anymore.  Sadly, as above, we never see the results of his work.  One can only assume that there is nominal, if any, success.

It's looking like an infomercial for those retreats

• Love 1

According to the listings on Zap2It, tomorrow's episode is new:

Stalking, Cheating Allegations and Debt! My Husband's Paranoia Is Destroying the Family!

Angelique says her husband, Tommy, is so paranoid she's having an affair that she has to FaceTime him more than 20 times a day, send him pictures, and check in constantly to prove she's not lying about her whereabouts.

I stopped watching this show months ago. And there is no way on earth (or in Hollywood) that Phil's ratings havent dropped. However, I will continue to come here for the snarkfest!😁 And to find out if a catfish episode is going to be on! Gotta love Phil and his big red finger marker that he circles words with on his gigantic background screen! THAT cracks me up everytime. He's a clown and doesn't know it. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

big red finger marker that he circles words with on his gigantic background screen! THAT cracks me up everytime.

Don't know which staff member came up with that bright idea but it wasn't a good one.  The time delay of the "effect" is the most entertaining part.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2019 at 3:25 PM, charmed1 said:

I don’t have a DVR now, so I rarely watch nowadays. Even when I do catch it, I get bored and turn it off. It’s always a “Beautiful (not) Teen on Downward Spiral” show where Phillip blows smoke up some violent, privileged junkie’s ass, screams at her parents about two sides of a pancake, sends a shout out to Frank Lawless or creepy Dr. Sophie, then spends the last 15 minutes shilling some crap for his wife or kids.

I saw 20 minutes of today’s episode, and it was more of the same.

Yea!! I'm not even watching on OWN anymore!  I've been binging on Dog the Bounty Hunter...I think I may be done with Shill, Plastica and the Creeps Sophie and Coach Mike...at least until the new season....maybe not even then!

2 hours ago, Monie said:

Yea!! I'm not even watching on OWN anymore!  I've been binging on Dog the Bounty Hunter...I think I may be done with Shill, Plastica and the Creeps Sophie and Coach Mike...at least until the new season....maybe not even then!

I ❤ Dog and his dearly departed wife Beth. Good, kind people. 

Love your pseudonyms for the Shill family: Shill, Plastica, MySonJay,  and their hired help: Creep Sophy and Creepy Coach Mike 😁

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Love your pseudonyms for the Shill family: Shill, Plastica, MySonJay,  and their hired help: Creep Sophy and Creepy Coach Mike 😁

We need a nickname for the drug dealer lady from Pfizer that reminds us that Big Pharma is our friend.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 4
45 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

We need a nickname for the drug dealer lady from Pfizer that reminds us that Big Pharma is our friend.

Yes! I forgot about her AND forgot  her Shill Family Name. Folks, you can put your trust in us for you and your loved ones for whatever the health problem might be. Side effects might include rectal bleeding, kidney failure, blindness, dementia, suicidal thoughts, weight gain, brain tumors, thoughts of becoming a serial killer. Yeah thanks Pharmaceutical drug pusher lady. You suck.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Side effects might include rectal bleeding, kidney failure, blindness, dementia, suicidal thoughts, weight gain, brain tumors, thoughts of becoming a serial killer.

My newest favorite lawyer commercial is for a class action suit against a medication that has apparently caused "gangrene of the genitals...."

• LOL 3
31 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

My newest favorite lawyer commercial is for a class action suit against a medication that has apparently caused "gangrene of the genitals...."

I would love for Phlub to ask the elderly pharmaceutical rep about THAT medication. I've seen those class actiin lawsuits for the gangrene genitalia thing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes! I forgot about her AND forgot  her Shill Family Name. Folks, you can put your trust in us for you and your loved ones for whatever the health problem might be. Side effects might include rectal bleeding, kidney failure, blindness, dementia, suicidal thoughts, weight gain, brain tumors, thoughts of becoming a serial killer. Yeah thanks Pharmaceutical drug pusher lady. You suck.

Ugh... I tune her out whenever she comes on!! Here name is Freda Lewis-Hall.... glorified pusher! 😲

• Love 3
(edited)

So, like, I don't know, like, why, like, Schill puts, like, the silly IG ho's on, like, the show.   They don't, like, hear anything he, like, says. 

In fact, he's just encouraging their idiocy.  They want media attention and he gives them just that.  That stupid "cash me ouside" fool actually turned it into a lotto win.  Good job, Schill.   A true intervention would be to have (his Good Friend) Heidi Klum come on and give them a good Project Runway Beat down and tell them they ain't all that and better get an education instead.  Now that!  I might pony up a Pay Per View fee for.

I'm beginning to wonder if the old perv is just getting his stiffies around these "young, beautiful, troubled" girls.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

So IG famous girl was probably about as annoying as a human can get. Doesn't the shill understand that by putting her on TV, she will get more followers, more attention. He isn't helping the situation at all, she will likely be more insufferable after being on his show. 

And who the heck is Alison whatever her name is? I don't do IG, so I have no idea. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lava VaVoom said:

Sometimes when I watch this show, I wonder how many people are actually putting Phil on just to get on TV, like the guy who decided he's Batman and calls himself Goose Wayne. 

Plastica's leather outfit looked horrendous! Maybe her and Shill are into S & M😨

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Lava VaVoom said:

Sometimes when I watch this show, I wonder how many people are actually putting Phil on just to get on TV, like the guy who decided he's Batman and calls himself Goose Wayne. 

There was an episode where some ridic stage mother trotted out her little pagent show pony.  Instead of giving the slap down she deserved, some talent scout came on and made an appointment.

I don't see him ever bringing these fools back to reality.  He just fuels the famewhore fire.

• Love 2
(edited)

They had a great catfish rerun today, on OWN.    It had a woman who was in love with a fiance in North Carolina, he lived less than 75 miles from her, but they couldn't meet in person.    Then he moved to Ghana, nothing suspicious about that.    Woman has spent every cent she has, including selling the family house, sending over $200k, and still thinks he's in love with her.   Even after the Doc proves that the picture isn't his, the phone number is disconnected, after she told him she was going on the show.   When everything else proving fraud, you can tell she doesn't believe it.     The woman can no longer afford to live in her independent living complex, and moved elsewhere, and they're trying to figure out how she's going to survive financially.     However, the adult daughter is smart, and Mommy's not moving in with her.    Another, shallow note about the voluntary victim, if she would get some decent dentures, maybe she could meet someone who actually meets her in real life.  

They also had another victim from a previous show with an update, and you can tell that woman still really doesn't believe her relationship is over.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Even after the Doc proves that the picture isn't his, the phone number is disconnected, after she told him she was going on the show.   When everything else proving fraud, you can tell she doesn't believe it.   

My jaw dropped when Phil said, "If he called you after the show and said 'I love you,' what would you say?"

"I'd tell him that I love him, too."

And that whirring noise you hear is her late husband, spinning in his grave.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:
24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

"I'd tell him that I love him, too."

I remember her!  BSC!  I always wonder how their kids don't lose their minds!

If my elderly mother was doing that crap, I'd haul her tablet, bank statements and butt into court and try to get her declared incompetent.

• Love 6

I'd like to know what happened in the Part 2 (which was apparently not shown) featuring that older lady that said on stage how much she hated her daughter.  Daughter was also there.  She sent all of her money to some guy and finally sold her house too because she couldn't pay the note.  She told her daughter her father did NOT make all the money; she did.   And she wasn't sorry one bit.

Dr. P said at the end "you ain't seen nothing yet."   Poof nothing the next day.  Yes it was a rerun.

• Love 1
(edited)

The woman on the rerun agreed with Phil, and her daughter that the catfish was ripping her off, but you could tell she didn't really believe it, and would never stop.   The most amazing part to me was the woman kept making excuses why she never met someone who lived less than a hundred miles away.     I really don't feel sorry for the catfish victims at all, because they ignore any proof that their love object is real, and anything but a scam artist.    She should have spent the money on dentures, and then maybe she would have met someone locally.    

That's what amazes me about the Catfish shows, Phil proves the person stole the picture, lied about everything, all of the passports, etc. are shown to be faked, and yet the 'victim' still sits there claiming the person loves them.     I bet not one of the 'victims' (in my mind they aren't victims at all) ever gives up on the person on the phone.   Except the one man where it was proven the catfish was some teenager, but I think it was actually her grandmother, or whoever the teen lived with, and they did this regularly.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
(edited)

Did anyone see the repeat episode on OWN with “bulemic” Isabella? The kid thinks calories are contagious and she claims she is throwing up 30-50 times a day! Is that even possible? She looked fairly healthy for a bulemic. Her teeth were perfectly fine and she didn’t even know how much she weighed. I think monitoring one’s weight would be rule one for eating disorders.  I call bs on the whole episode. Of course Dr Schlub says it’s all the mother’s fault.  He just loves to throw parents under the bus!!  I really hate him!

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

WHAT!!?? I might start watching again😁

What!!!!

22 hours ago, nytonc said:

Did anyone see the repeat episode on OWN with “bulemic” Isabella? The kid thinks calories are contagious and she claims she is throwing up 30-50 times a day! Is that even possible? She looked fairly healthy for a bulemic. Her teeth were perfectly fine and she didn’t even know how much she weighed. I think monitoring one’s weight would be rule one for eating disorders.  I call bs on the whole episode. Of course Dr Schlub says it’s all the mother’s fault.  He just loves to throw parents under the bus!!  I really hate him!

It's always the parents fault!!! 

• Love 3
On 7/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, Monie said:

What!!!!

It's always the parents fault!!! 

Yeah I always get the feeling Phil wants the teens/kids/adolescents to think he's a cool old dude by always defending them more so than the parents. Granted, most of the parents are a f'd up mess but there's just something about the way he handles his interaction with the kids. However,  I don't watch him anymore....catfish shows only or if I can't sleep at 3 a.m. I'll watch reruns on OWN. 

• Love 3

I guess I should be grateful:  I am caught up in the directv nonsense with CBS.  No recent episodes for me.  Maybe they have the right idea, as I understand CBS’s ratings are getting killed.

Ugh.  Re-run today with "Coach Mike".  So instead of footing the bill for a teen "ranch", Schill arranged for "Life Coaching" from the third guy from the right on the evolutionary charts.

If I had aired my dirty family laundry for that little consolation prize, I'd be PISSED!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Coach Mike and Coach Phil and Ms. Plastic Surgery Who Promotes Her Own Crap On Her Husband’s Show need to go away right away. Mike isn’t as rich as Phil/Robin but I’m sure that they’ll pay him handsomely in some way. Good gravy, people. They are such scammers!

• Love 4

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but could someone please tell me why Phil has to grab his wife's hand and walk her out of the studio after every show?  I get so tired of the cameras focusing on Robin and her reacting to things he's said.  My husband watched one day and surmised that maybe she was envious/jealous of his fame and that this was Phil's way of placating her.  I can't watch the show often, but I've always wondered about this.  It seems so odd to me.  I even looked up the answer online but found nothing. 

6 hours ago, Lura said:

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but could someone please tell me why Phil has to grab his wife's hand and walk her out of the studio after every show?  I get so tired of the cameras focusing on Robin and her reacting to things he's said.  My husband watched one day and surmised that maybe she was envious/jealous of his fame and that this was Phil's way of placating her.  I can't watch the show often, but I've always wondered about this.  It seems so odd to me.  I even looked up the answer online but found nothing. 

I read somewhere that he was filming the pilot and they told him at the end of the show that he should walk part way up, turn right and walk out. Robin was sitting there in the same seat she always sits in, and he said it would have felt weird to him to walk right past his wife. So he took her by the hand and walked out with her, and has done it that way ever since.

I don't defend a lot of things that Dr Phil does, but I must admit that if it were me and my husband, we would probably do the same thing.

• Love 2
On 8/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, AZChristian said:

I read somewhere that he was filming the pilot and they told him at the end of the show that he should walk part way up, turn right and walk out. Robin was sitting there in the same seat she always sits in, and he said it would have felt weird to him to walk right past his wife. So he took her by the hand and walked out with her, and has done it that way ever since.

I don't defend a lot of things that Dr Phil does, but I must admit that if it were me and my husband, we would probably do the same thing.

That's all well and good, but WHY does she have to sit there in the first place????  Nothing better to do?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Dakisela said:

That's all well and good, but WHY does she have to sit there in the first place????  Nothing better to do?

So she can jump up at a moments notice to tell that battered wife all she needs to fix her life is Robyn’s skincare line 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Dakisela said:

She's probably bought all the size 0 clothes on Rodeo Drive,  so what else IS there to do?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 9:00 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I looked at the California mandated reporter statutes, and lots of jobs are mandated reporters.   However, under psychologists it said something about licensed, and Dr. Phil hasn't had a license for years, and it was in Texas, not California.     He is listed on the Texas psychologist rolls as 'retired', and never had a license in California.    He may have been a mandated reporter, but he isn't now, because the California state board that governs psychologists said his show was entertainment, and not therapy, and didn't require a license.     

So technically he should be saying

”honestly... I’m a mandated reporter” 

• LOL 4

Was watching rerun of day 2 Jennifer the phone hacker. OMG!  why?  because it was 5AM & I woke up in the middle of the night & couldnt get back to sleep.  I caught day 1 yesterday because of the same reason.  

Just like mentioned earlier.  Since when is saying “honestly” an immediate way to tell a lie is following....although in this case it was, lol   Like we all didnt know that everything she said was a lie

also, when Dr P was talking to her backstage, trying to meet the show quota of mentioning  Dr on demand, he asks her if she’s heard of Dr on demand & she says no so he goes on to explain what it is.  Seriously?  He mentions it like 10 times a show for years & you are a guest on the show & never heard of it.  

• Love 4
On 8/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Every time Robyn comes on and tells a “story” that immediately turns into her hawking her skincare line. No one cares Robyn go on freakin QVC where people actually tune in the see that crap sold

She tried shilling her crap on the Ho aka HSN and it flopped. That was before QVC purchased the rest of HSN as a business. I guess there are enough followers Phub and Mrs. Phub that purchase her stuff from the product website to keep it in production.

33 minutes ago, Jaded said:

She tried shilling her crap on the Ho aka HSN and it flopped. That was before QVC purchased the rest of HSN as a business. I guess there are enough followers Phub and Mrs. Phub that purchase her stuff from the product website to keep it in production.

Or they're using the show to advertise for free, and they're just trying to whittle down what's in the warehouse (Dr. Phub's garage?).

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

Dr. Sophy's lip pursing and furtive glances down and to the side creep me out. 

That slicked back hair and holier than thou attitude - like a wanna be mobster.

What never ceases to amaze me is that Sophy is some big honcho with CPS.  Watching him or Schill with younger kids is so uncomfortable.  Neither has any kind of real warmth or rapport with children, IMHO.

• Love 4
On 8/20/2019 at 10:54 PM, zillabreeze said:

That slicked back hair and holier than thou attitude - like a wanna be mobster.

What never ceases to amaze me is that Sophy is some big honcho with CPS.  Watching him or Schill with younger kids is so uncomfortable.  Neither has any kind of real warmth or rapport with children, IMHO.

Dr Sophy doesn't have any warmth at all.

• Love 4

A few weeks ago I was at a medical appointment when an old Dr. Phil episode was playing. It was a two parter but I only saw about 20 minutes of the first episode. Something about it was very familiar, but I couldn't place why. I didn't know the people and I may have seen it on it's original airing back in 2013 but don't remember. Anyway, since it seemed like something was familiar, I wrote a few notes to myself. I now think I remember why it was familiar. 

Several months ago a woman who had been on the show wrote an article about how she was approached to be on the show and told that it was going to be to bridge the peace with someone but instead it was just rehashing all the fighting and she felt used by the show. Someone here posted that he or she knew someone who had been on the show under the guise of getting all the siblings to stop fighting, but instead, they all just fought with her about the fact she was involved in a BDSM relationship. That person said that they were never able to find it, even on OWN. I think it may be the episode I watched.

Part One article

Part Two article

It looks like there should be video on those links, too, but my browser didn't load them so I'm not sure.

• Love 2