Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E02: YOLO, Let's Play!

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I didn’t know if I wanted Jamal to stay or have Jack/Molly get blindsided and him deal with the aftermath of that.  He went waaaaay down in my book tonight.

After Big Brother I did not need to hear anything about cool kids vs nerd alliances again (and in the spirit of John Hughes movies, go with the nerds).  I would hope the 4th grade teacher would send the right message.  Tommy went up for me. 

• Love 16

Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone be that bitter after the first vote…ever.  Not sure Aaron handled that well, but Missy sure did (“we need to gain that back” when he talked about losing trust).  Aaron can go next. 

And Noura-dang girl, Brandon Hantz didn’t even go off his rocker as fast you did.  Not sure if the yoga is working for you.  Jamal was kind of a jerk putting Noura on the spot about why they should vote Jason out and whether she was voting for him.  Not really an unsuspecting alliance since everyone had them pegged. 

IOTI made even less sense this week.  At least Kellee’s a better liar than Elizabeth.

All this talk about the orange girls dominating makes me think they are in for a serious downfall.  Chelsea came across a bit cocky this episode (I won’t lie that I giggled a little when she forgot the bag in the water). 

But hey, maybe I’ll get surprised for once by the editing.

• Love 9

Yeah I am sure it is just a coincidence that Kellee came up with the exact same lie that Elizabeth made last week. lol

Poor Molly and her minions got a little too damn cocky. Once they showed Jamal sleeping during the day I knew Molly was done.

• Love 14

Awesome blindside!  Another Law student bites the dust and the "cool kids" get burned.  LOL

Aaron is an idiot.  After a vote like that, you grab any ally that comes to you.  An "Army of One" attitude won't work for him.

Vince needs to realize he was the fake out that made the blindside happen and STFU.

Kellee gets the random trip to IOI.  Harvard Smarty Pants.  LOL

Sandra eggs her on, but she pulls it off.  Wow!  Good move hiding the idol, but!  The lie will catch up with her as well as Elizabeth, we just don't know the impact yet.

Cool Immunity!  I like when the power shifts.

Oh no!  Not the She-shed fire!

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I didn’t know if I wanted Jamal to stay or have Jack/Molly get blindsided and him deal with the aftermath of that.  He went waaaaay down in my book tonight.

After Big Brother I did not need to hear anything about cool kids vs nerd alliances again (and in the spirit of John Hughes movies, go with the nerds).  I would hope the 4th grade teacher would send the right message.  Tommy went up for me. 

Speaking of Big Brother, I heard the chess vs. checkers analogy. The spirit of Jackson must be hovering over the camp.

I didn't think I'd like Lauren from reading her bio and accomplishments, such as being good at laughing at her own jokes, but I sure liked her tonight!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

So, this is the first season in a long time that I've watched of Survivor. As in, the last time I watched Survivor, it was still in its single digits. But I have some free time this season and thought "hey, why not?" And, coming off of Big Brother, here I am. 

And I will say, a lot has definitely got me intrigued. I was very invested in another blindside. 

I don't know most of their names. I only caught a few names here and there. I don't even know if I really like anyone. 

Kellee's time on IOTI was fairly interesting. But yeah, I'm not sure how accomplished she's going to be, much like Elizabeth last week, with lying until the next person goes to the Island and find Boston Rob and Sandra. That lie's going to come out eventually. I doubt every single person is going to lie, so it's a matter of Kellee being vigilant enough to grab the next person on her tribe who goes to talk to them after they get back. 

Good on Chelsea for finding the hidden immunity idol.

Aaron definitely needs to find an ally fast.

Otherwise, I guess I have a lot of reading up to do on what I've missed with Survivor, because it's a whole lot.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Great. I get to listen to Noura drive me nutso for another week. Or more. I wanted someone to stick a sock in her mouth.

She's really grating, but! she's a very useful idiot for everybody else.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I’m still baffled by people lying about IOTO. Maybe they’re told not to tell anyone the truth? I mean, they must know their lie will be exposed. And how did she come up with the exact same lie? 

I'm wondering, because I find it interesting we haven't seen Jeff bring it up.  That doesn't mean he hasn't and they edited it out...but nothing as simple as 'so you went to IOTI?  How was it?'  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LanceM said:

Once they showed Jamal sleeping during the day I knew Molly was done.

Oh yeah, that's such bad karma.  That has to be a rule in Survivor for Dummies:   Do NOT take a nap right before a vote while other people are scrambling.

• Love 12

I would have been happy with any of three people on the chopping block to be voted off. So I’m fine with smug ass Molly getting blindsided. So far the best part of TC are the snarky comments from BR and Sandra. Dang...they played her ass.

I hate all this cool kids and nerds talk, knock it off, you’re adults not teenyboppers.

I wonder how long they will keep the secret about what happens when you go to IOTO.  Kellee gets best actress of the week award. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

Hiding an idol in your hair is a new one.

I really enjoyed this episode because I laughed a lot. At the idol in the hair. At the girl on top of the ladder having to jump off as it sank into the sea. Twice. (seriously, I had tears in my eyes from laughing.) Losing the bag in the water. Noura "not dancing". 

I was blindsided by the blindside too. I love that. 

I'm liking Jamal and his calm vibe. The polar opposite to Noura who acts like she just chugged a Red Bull ALL THE TIME. People like that can be likeable, but sooooo exhausting. 

Really enjoying this season so far, more than I have for a couple of seasons. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

The young cool kids better watch out because there aren't that many young cool kids this season! This is almost like a Millennial/Gen X season with a couple of Baby Boomers thrown in.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, this is the first season in a long time that I've watched of Survivor....

Otherwise, I guess I have a lot of reading up to do on what I've missed with Survivor, because it's a whole lot.

Welcome back!  Just don't waste any time on S 38 last Spring.  One of the worst.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I hate all this cool kids and herds talk, knock it off, you’re adults not teenyboppers.

The thing is, unless I missed it, for as much as Noura was saying the others were ostracizing her, she was the only one going on about the "cool kids" versus the "nerds" thing. I certainly never saw Molly, Jamal and company refer to themselves in that way or even act like they saw themselves that way.

I think for Jamal especially it was more, having the power in the game of Survivor because they currently had the numbers and nothing more. Noura's cool kids vs nerds thing was more a symbol of her own insecurity and how she sees herself, imo.

And again, arrogant though he may be and especially in his boldly saying that the scrambling game wasn't what he had to play at that point, versus Jason, I did like Jamal also saying that he knows at some point that very well is the game he will have to play.

So he was self aware enough to know that yeah, the numbers will not always be on his side in this game. Unfortunately, I'm sure he didn't think that time would come so soon.  Of course he's a strong player and the others didn't seem to have a problem with him per se, so he may be fine for awhile, just no longer have his false sense of power in the tribe. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 16

Great blindside.  I think the days of Parvati 2.0 are over.  It’s a mistake coming into a game playing those cards.  Reading Molly’s bio sheds a lot of light on her “I’m going to use charm to manipulate”.   People have seen too much of past Survivors to know that kind of player is a dangerous one — one to be voted out early.

Way to go, Lauren — very savvy play.

How can Kellee be a Harvard/Wharton student and claim to have a horrible memory??  Not possible!  She clearly takes in information and files it away without appearing to be listening like she did when with Rob and Sandra.  Idol in her hair — sobbing and mega-acting when she returned — wow.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I certainly never saw Molly, Jamal and company refer to themselves in that way or even act like they saw themselves that way.

They didn't use those terms, but believed themselves to be a solid 3 with 5 allies and told the other 5 that the votes were to be split between annoying Noura and Jason, the evil idol searcher.  Easy Peasy, let's take a snooze.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

They didn't use those terms, but believed themselves to be a solid 3 with 5 allies and told the other 5 that the votes were to be split between annoying Noura and Jason, the evil idol searcher.  Easy Peasy, let's take a snooze.

Yes, I know, I saw. But my point was I don't think they were seeing it as us cool kids versus these nerds and more so, we're in the power position because we have numbers and so we're good and let's just go for the easy vote with two people who've struggled to get along with the tribe. Noura is the one who kept using those adjectives repeatedly and in my opinion that speaks more to her insecurity and how she sees herself. 

• Love 6

Tommy said something about the cool kids and the nerds, too, and who his mother said to pick when he was in school.  So I think that's the impression those three gave off, even if they themselves didn't call it that.

• Love 13

The second person coming back after a visit to IOTI will realize the first person lied. If he/she calls out the 1st one, a target will be on both of their backs. Better to give the same lie and make an alliance. IMO

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I like this season so far. I'm glad the orange tribe won the IC. I don't think it's good when one tribe dominates early in the game. 

I'm enjoying the IOTI part so far. I thought Sandra & Boston Rob would just be giving council to players arriving, but the "tests" they're putting them through to gain an advantage is intriguing. Also, the staues, busts, monuments (whatever you want to call them) of Sandra & Boston Rob on the beach are enormous. lol  

FYI: If you have trouble with names & faces like I do, I started opening my laptop to the cast members' page on survivor.com while I'm watching the show. I'm pretty clear on who's who now.

• Love 12

Well, what an ego blow it must have been for Rob and Sandra to discover that not everyone gives a damn about their life's stories and someone...god forbid...might actually be tuning it out for lack of interest. Anyway the whole concept of Idol Island will be worth it if just one person shows up and is like "Who are you now?"

It was a lose/lose situation for me tonight. Molly and Noura are two of the best female eye candy the season has to offer so I didn't wish to lose either one so early. Would have been quite happy with Jason getting his torch snuffed.

Some people were completly invisible tonight and the red haired guy showed up in the last ten minutes and I had no idea he was even on one of the teams until then.

Lastly the producers continue to think we are stupid. With no help/coaching whatsoever a player is able to in the near blackness of an endless jungle reach into the crotch of the ONE tree that has an idol in it...supossedly when gathering firewood...what kind of firewood are you going to find in the crotch of a tree anyway? It's not like its one of the limbs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Great. I get to listen to Noura drive me nutso for another week. Or more. I wanted someone to stick a sock in her mouth.

I am not sure I can stand to watch another episode with Noura.  

I also can't believe anyone, other than Jason, who was desperate would want to play with her.  Besides being unbearably annoying, she is also erratic and unreliable.  Jason told her to stop freaking dancing about 3 times.  She easily could have spilled the beans with that.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Wow!  That was great!  I’m so glad Lauren and the rest wiped that smug grin off Molly’s face.  Lauren is my new favorite. 

Love that Kelly did what I said to do after Idol Island— empty your bag, empty your pockets. Assure people you have no idol. Ha!

Not me. I fucking cant stand Noura and it just looked to me like the girls were just mad Jack and Jamal werent all buddy with them. The "oh she controls the boys" excuse is so tiring. It did not look like Molly was controlling them. How was she controlling them cause Annoying bossy as Hell Noura said so? Way to do what she wants idiots

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

Yeah I am sure it is just a coincidence that Kellee came up with the exact same lie that Elizabeth made last week. lol

Poor Molly and her minions got a little too damn cocky. Once they showed Jamal sleeping during the day I knew Molly was done.

And again we know Molly was in control how exactly? Cause bathshit has a grudge against her Noura said so?

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone be that bitter after the first vote…ever.  Not sure Aaron handled that well, but Missy sure did (“we need to gain that back” when he talked about losing trust).  Aaron can go next. 

And Noura-dang girl, Brandon Hantz didn’t even go off his rocker as fast you did.  Not sure if the yoga is working for you.  Jamal was kind of a jerk putting Noura on the spot about why they should vote Jason out and whether she was voting for him.  Not really an unsuspecting alliance since everyone had them pegged. 

IOTI made even less sense this week.  At least Kellee’s a better liar than Elizabeth.

All this talk about the orange girls dominating makes me think they are in for a serious downfall.  Chelsea came across a bit cocky this episode (I won’t lie that I giggled a little when she forgot the bag in the water). 

But hey, maybe I’ll get surprised for once by the editing.

Something in the preview for next week suggested you could be right but wont discuss here 

37 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

The second person coming back after a visit to IOTI will realize the first person lied. If he/she calls out the 1st one, a target will be on both of their backs. Better to give the same lie and make an alliance. IMO

It's going to be interesting when that 2nd IOI winner comes back. 

7 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I am not sure I can stand to watch another episode with Noura.  

I also can't believe anyone, other than Jason, who was desperate would want to play with her.  Besides being unbearably annoying, she is also erratic and unreliable.    

Abi Marie made F4 doing exactly that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

"Dang they played her ass."

Yes,  Sandra they sure did. I friggin love a blindside,and Molly was definitely  Parvati 2.0

How ya feeling now Jamal? You were maneuvering  this game, were you not?

Love the twist, I don't care if they tell it don't  tell about Rob/ Sandra.

How was she Parv 2.0 cause I didn't see it. Molly didn't get hate from me like Parvati did. Couldnt stand that smug arrogant bitch 

• Love 2

AangryAaron needs to chill and think about his position instead of having a dummy spit. 

Noura needs to let go of her highschool memories. And stfu.

Heckle and Jeckle in the hut amuse me.

Edited by Kelda Feegle
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

Still not remembering names, save for The Idols. Nice setup with the lesson on listening. And today's contestant hesitated long enough for Rob to sweeten the pot. I'm guessing Probst was behind the camera, silently begging Rob to try and make the new twist more interesting. Like watching Let's Make a Deal or Sale of the Century. Also: What's-Her-Name hiding her idol in her hair while begging others to search her? Gutsy, gutsy move.

Yes, (Rob and Sandra) > Cochran. Well, maybe Sandra. Cochran didn't need that much help winning on his second try.

There are idols hidden at the camps. Of course there are. I say it every season: hide a damn idol INSIDE the tribal immunity idol.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

And today's contestant hesitated long enough for Rob to sweeten the pot.

This is something I don't get.

In the first episode, Rob acted like the Olympian swimmer Elizabeth was the Dumbest Person Alive for not realizing that if she hesitated long enough Rob would sweeten the pot.  Why?  Why is it valuable to take a long time to answer a question?  That really annoyed me.  I guess I would understand if he made it explicit that it's good to nOT TRUST information you're given in the show, but he didn't.  Also, the information that Jeff gives the contestants is usually straightforward with no "tricks".  Yes, the other contestants lie, but not Jeff.  So I don't really get why Boston Rob was acting like Elizabeth was the world's biggest moron for not getting that Rob would sweeten the pot.  How----- would she have possibly guessed this?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is something I don't get.

In the first episode, Rob acted like the Olympian swimmer Elizabeth was the Dumbest Person Alive for not realizing that if she hesitated long enough Rob would sweeten the pot.  Why?  Why is it valuable to take a long time to answer a question?  That really annoyed me.  I guess I would understand if he made it explicit that it's good to nOT TRUST information you're given in the show, but he didn't.  Also, the information that Jeff gives the contestants is usually straightforward with no "tricks".  Yes, the other contestants lie, but not Jeff.  So I don't really get why Boston Rob was acting like Elizabeth was the world's biggest moron for not getting that Rob would sweeten the pot.  How----- would she have possibly guessed this?

Because Rob is the King of Smug.  Smaartest guy in the room.  Always.  Whatever you do, he has a better idea.

And Peachy so man-crushed, he got 4 tries to finally win.

• Love 15

Another good episode. I'm really liking Chelsea and I loved that she found an idol while collecting firewood. I hope the all girl alliance sticks, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Between both tribes, Lairo is the tribe I'm rooting for. As for Vokai, I don't care for them. I did like how Kellee hid the idol she won in her hair. 

As far as the vote went, I was wanting Noura gone, but of course, Molly goes. Oh, well, that's the game.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Aaron's behavior after tribal wasn't great. But Vince... even worse.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I said to Mr. P - "How often does the one who bugs the goodness out of us get voted out?  She'll be here for a while" 😄 

• LOL 4

So impressed with Kellee. That was brilliant, hiding it in her hair, offering to strip and telling everyone to search her. She did describe the two large statues, but I realize it's probably safe to not mention Sandra and BR. It’s plausible to believe that not everyone visiting that island will meet the same past castaways—if any at all. Even Kellee gave me a LOL moment with her “I was expecting Cochran. But this is much better.”

She can, however, leverage the info to secure a bond with an ally, since she was told repeatedly that the test/lesson began the minute she got onto the IOI. Why give everyone the headsup and give that advantage to a competitor? She can also tell them that she hesitated and then BR sweetened the pot.

It’s interesting that she wasn’t worried about being away from the tribe and made vulnerable for the vote.

Did anyone see Elizabeth? Did her swimming skills come into play during the challenge?

Missy is one to watch. I liked her trying to rein in Aaron while he was tantrumming.

Totally shallow, but I didn’t recognize Tommy without his glasses on. It’s like Clark Kent/Superman, if Superman had a Prince Harry thing going on.

• Love 7

Oddly my dvr failed to record today saying that the episode was 'removed from the guide' which is a new one by me... will have to be careful that next week doesn't do the same!! Ugh.

Anyhow I'd have really given credit if she came back 'hiding' her idol in her hair like a hair band, that would have taken guts but I will say hiding it in her hair was chancy as it could have fallen out...

I'm not buying the 'freaks and geeks vs cool kids' assessment either, but they were SO not hiding from anyone that they were the three who felt they were running the game. Add 'bring your freakin bag to tribal' to 'don't take a nap while people are scrambling' to our Survivor 101 checklist.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5

I have to say Molly handled her exit well.  

Jamal looked ready to kill someone.  I hope we get another bitter betty TC aftermath from him.  My guess is Jack will take it more in stride.  But Jamal really put put his foot in his mouth tonight.  It's like he knew a blindside was coming so he just made sure to look extra cocky about the vote going his way.

• Love 7

Well, that caught me by surprise, I wasn't expecting Molly to get voted out at all.

39 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

Given that both visitors to the Idol island came back with exactly the same lie to tell their tribe, I wonder if they were coached to say that so Rob/Sandra would remain a surprise.

I think you may be right, I can't think of any real reason to lie about what happens on the island, especially since if a new person goes every week, pretty soon it's going to be common knowledge.

• Love 3