Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E02: YOLO, Let's Play!

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Given that both visitors to the Idol island came back with exactly the same lie to tell their tribe, I wonder if they were coached to say that so Rob/Sandra would remain a surprise.

What happens when the 2nd person from either team goes there and realizes the first person lied. There is no way they can keep this going much longer.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm intrigued with the notion that an IOI "alumni" alliance could form down the line. Kellee seems smart enough to consider that an advantage when the next person from her tribe is identified, and then after the merge when she figures out who else went.

I would imagine at the very least she'd want to compare notes about their shared experience. It'd be interesting to see if she continues to lie even by omission with them, e.g. saying that she didn't answer the questions correctly.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think she also said "We ENJOYED you"  (past tense) like sorry bitch, but you're leaving tonight. 

Oh, man that's cold. 

Verb tense is how you tell who the killer is on murder shows!  You know when a woman disappears and the husband is all "I didn't do it, I really loved my wife."  LOL

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, preeya said:

What happens when the 2nd person from either team goes there and realizes the first person lied. There is no way they can keep this going much longer.

I don't think it is going to be that big of a deal.  The 2nd person will get an idol and clearly understand why the 1st person lied.  The 2nd person isn't going to want to announce to the tribe that they have an idol or were given the chance at an idol, so I feel like they are going to tell the exact same lie.  What will be interesting is to see if 1st person will tell the people in their alliance that they think the 2nd person has an idol, and why.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, preeya said:

For the second person there, the first person already created the lie to follow. Person 2 can call out Person 1, but that chances putting a big target on them, too.

Besides, giving an entire tribe advance knowledge by telling the truth seems inadvisable if you can avoid it. Not to mention people start getting weird and paranoid and jealous if you make something sound cool, which other players may consider meeting BR and Sandra. 

Also, I'm not finding it unbelievable that Elizabeth and Kellee came up with basically the same lie. Both based their lies off Ghost Island. When watching Elizabeth learning to start fire, part of my brain considered what she could tell her tribe, and that was one of the first things I thought of. There could have been some production nudging, sure, but I don't necessarily jump to that conclusion.

6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

when she said "WE have been enjoying you" Not I, I hated her. snob. dont speak for anyone but yourself.

Clearly, Molly was royalty.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, simplyme said:

For the second person there, the first person already created the lie to follow. Person 2 can call out Person 1, but that chances putting a big target on them, too.

Besides, giving an entire tribe advance knowledge by telling the truth seems inadvisable if you can avoid it. Not to mention people start getting weird and paranoid and jealous if you make something sound cool, which other players may consider meeting BR and Sandra. 

Also, I'm not finding it unbelievable that Elizabeth and Kellee came up with basically the same lie. Both based their lies off Ghost Island. When watching Elizabeth learning to start fire, part of my brain considered what she could tell her tribe, and that was one of the first things I thought of. There could have been some production nudging, sure, but I don't necessarily jump to that conclusion.

Clearly, Molly was royalty.

Also keep in mind, while they're sequestered right before they start playing the game, I believe they watched the entire Ghost Island season. This whole urn breaking scenario is fresh in their minds.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

When some guy on a boat to deliver one tribe a message, I was like "WHO IS THAT?????"  I don't know why it made me laugh so much to see this random boat guy.

Yes!  I was amused at the same thing.  Hello random guy in a boat who silently hands you a note and slips off back into the ocean.

I probably share this every season, but, it feels like tradition at this point

qvyctskivooz.jpg.2dd46a7ebda99ecfb49e609760d1d572.jpg

• LOL 10

I’d like to see someone ask what happens if they don’t accept the idol challenge. I also wonder if Chelsea could have beaten BR at 🔥 making. I’m quite interested to see what the other challenges will be; 🏊, 🎣, eating something gross, puzzles, endurance? I won’t mention the one they talked about in the preview, but I’m excited for next Wednesday. Something I could not say last season 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So far, this season is looking like a lot of fun, especially considering the loopy gimmickfest S40 is rumored to be.

I wonder if Rob & Sandra's "lessons" are tailored by production for whichever contestant arrives on IOTI? Elizabeth seemed generally skilled, so they gave her her choice.

Kelli, on the other hand, was met with a particular lesson that seemed specifically for her -- an overly analytical Ivy Leaguer who may have underestimated the importance of sympathy & sincerity* in this game. 

As far as we saw, she did NOT get the same choices Elizabeth got.

I'll find it very interesting in the coming weeks to see if, based on pre-interviews and what production observes during shooting, they continue to shape each 'lesson' to the contestant.

[*The lesson? Learn to fake these and you've got this game!]

Edited by Gummo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I found Molly smug and arrogant,  the words you used for Parvati.

Same.  I was thrilled to see her name written. Extremely cocky which she admitted to in her last final interview. Buh Bye

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Yes!  I was amused at the same thing.  Hello random guy in a boat who silently hands you a note and slips off back into the ocean.

qvyctskivooz.jpg.2dd46a7ebda99ecfb49e609760d1d572.jpg

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I love, love love love this damn bit from "The Office".

I HAVE to post it whenever someone here says "smug and arrogant".

5 minutes ago, Gummo said:

loopy gimmickfest

Loopy Gimmickfest!  Sounds like a character from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, PaperTree said:

The second person coming back after a visit to IOTI will realize the first person lied. If he/she calls out the 1st one, a target will be on both of their backs. Better to give the same lie and make an alliance. IMO

Remember that the two people who have been to IOTI have been from different tribes.  They didn't/won't have a chance to share their experiences until the merge, unless there's a tribe swap in the near future and assuming that both make it to the merge.  

Regular Survivor watchers have see that "three jugs ... choose one" option on other seasons when a person goes to a different island during the episode.

8 hours ago, dsteele said:

Ahh, the good ol' days. When one had to hunt for a well-hidden fairly cryptic clue leading to a fairly well-hidden idol (of which there was only one in play at a time).

Instead of an actual idol so poorly hidden that one could literally stumble upon it, in the frigging dark, while gathering firewood. Ridiculous.

C'mon Probst, just rename the show The Amazing Idols and be done with it.

I would love to see them go back to the early seasons and have NO idols at all. 

• Love 15

Yeah, Dean is getting the purple edit two episodes in. I guess we’ll have to wait another episode or two if it’s true purple or light purple. It is funny every season that we go through the purple edit. That said, it usually seems to be woman. Whereas this season most of the woman are in the forefront. Time will tell though. 

• Love 2

Aw, I kind of liked Molly.  When Nutty Noura was trying to get her mad, upset, or whatever emotion, Molly wasn't having any and laughed it off.  I thought it was a smart non-reaction to an overly needy person.  Noura seems to thrive on forcing reactions from people and then judging them for those reactions.

I'm pretty fed up with people who brag about how awkward and quirky they are.  Just stop.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, Dean is getting the purple edit two episodes in. I guess we’ll have to wait another episode or two if it’s true purple or light purple. It is funny every season that we go through the purple edit. That said, it usually seems to be woman. Whereas this season most of the woman are in the forefront. Time will tell though. 

There's been men with purple edits in the past.  Well, at least the one.  Brett from Samoa, who was even part of that season's F4.  But since that was the first Hantz season, and that troll sucked up all the available airtime, most of the smaller personalities got purpled. 

This season does appear to be more focused on the women, what with the women's alliance on Lairo, the Molly/Noura conflict in this episode, and Kellee spotlighted in both episodes thus far.  So it makes sense that if anyone is going to get a purple edit, it would be a man.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Loopy Gimmickfest!  Sounds like a character from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

I believe if you are able to find Loopy Gimmickfest out in the woods somewhere you get granted three wishes! Or at least a bowl of Lucky Charms...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Tommy is clearly getting the winner's edit. In the first episode everyone talked about how much they like him and in the second he seems he was the one to make the choice between Noura/Jason and Molly. The story is seen through his point of view. Plus the obvious winner's line that he has to throw 4th grade teacher Tommy out the window and bring in Survivor Tommy. This is a line we'll hear in the finale. Pff so obvious, it makes it boring. I mean, in Australian Survivor we get to see and more or less meet and get to know all players. It's unfair and wrong that some have like 10 confessionals already and some have none. Same with Julia last year. They want characters and not good players, but they bring in Rob and Sandra to "teach them the game". Why should anyone bother to learn the game when they do play and they get the purple edit?😠

Edited by himela
  • Love 2

As the episode went on I thought it was made very obvious who was going, one group was shown looking smug, the other one very active.  Without much suspense the payoff for the audience was meant to be the blindside, the problem was we hardly knew Molly and her group as I don't remember hearing much from them.  All we really heard was the other side called them King, Queen and Jack.  It felt rather hectic and crammed as well, with the runtime of the US version I'm not sure they have time to fit in this Island of the Idols segment every episode, particularly at the start when you need to introduce plenty of players.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, himela said:

Why should anyone bother to learn the game when they do play and they get the purple edit?😠

Because if you win the million, who cares what kind of edit you get? If I won but got a crappy edit, oh well, I’d wipe my tears away with $100 bills on the way to the bank. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

Because if you win the million, who cares what kind of edit you get? If I won but got a crappy edit, oh well, I’d wipe my tears away with $100 bills on the way to the bank. 🤷‍♀️

It's funny because Rick Devens got a great edit and he didn't win. His edit was so good it fooled everyone because they were sure he had to win. That said, I've been watching since Season 1 and I never really can tell by the edit who is going to win. Maybe, a little with Kim Spradlin (my fave) but in general I'm pretty clueless and dumb when it comes to the winner edit. LOL!!!

• Love 8
On 10/2/2019 at 9:31 PM, MerBearHou said:

How can Kellee be a Harvard/Wharton student and claim to have a horrible memory??  Not possible!  She clearly takes in information and files it away without appearing to be listening like she did when with Rob and Sandra.  Idol in her hair — sobbing and mega-acting when she returned — wow.

Yes and yes.  I didn't think the questions were very hard.  It wasn't like they were building far or walking while they talked at her.  All she could do was listen. 
And she does seem to be able to turn on the sobs at will. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do not know who either Dean or Julia is lol. I have to go look them up now so I can see if I see the similarity.

I watched all of last season and I am drawing a complete blank on Julia.  Who????

7 hours ago, himela said:

Tommy is clearly getting the winner's edit. In the first episode everyone talked about how much they like him and in the second he seems he was the one to make the choice between Noura/Jason and Molly. The story is seen through his point of view. Plus the obvious winner's line that he has to throw 4th grade teacher Tommy out the window and bring in Survivor Tommy. This is a line we'll hear in the finale. Pff so obvious, it makes it boring. I mean, in Australian Survivor we get to see and more or less meet and get to know all players. It's unfair and wrong that some have like 10 confessionals already and some have none. Same with Julia last year. They want characters and not good players, but they bring in Rob and Sandra to "teach them the game". Why should anyone bother to learn the game when they do play and they get the purple edit?😠

I agree that Tommy (previously known to me as "young red headed guy") is getting a great edit.  He's getting the narrator edit.  There have been a number of narrator edits that don't win (Rick Devens being a good example) but his edit reminds me a lot of Adam Klein, who got the narrator edit from Day 1 and it never stopped.  The difference this time is that I like Tommy.  Seems like a nice guy.  But he's physically fit, almost too fit, and that usually makes people feel threatened come merge time.

56 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

Yes and yes.  I didn't think the questions were very hard.  It wasn't like they were building far or walking while they talked at her.  All she could do was listen. 
And she does seem to be able to turn on the sobs at will. 

I didn't think the questions were that hard either.  I am very curious as to what the other two questions were.  I would not be at all surprised if they were also easy like "how many children does Rob have and are they boys or girls" (4 girls) or "what breed of dogs does Sandra have" (Pomeranian) or "where did Rob go to college".  Should have made the questions harder.  Even if she hadn't gotten the "easy" version of the challenge, answering five questions like those isn't that hard.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I watched all of last season and I am drawing a complete blank on Julia.  Who????

I agree that Tommy (previously known to me as "young red headed guy") is getting a great edit.  He's getting the narrator edit.  There have been a number of narrator edits that don't win (Rick Devens being a good example) but his edit reminds me a lot of Adam Klein, who got the narrator edit from Day 1 and it never stopped.  The difference this time is that I like Tommy.  Seems like a nice guy.  But he's physically fit, almost too fit, and that usually makes people feel threatened come merge time.

I didn't think the questions were that hard either.  I am very curious as to what the other two questions were.  I would not be at all surprised if they were also easy like "how many children does Rob have and are they boys or girls" (4 girls) or "what breed of dogs does Sandra have" (Pomeranian) or "where did Rob go to college".  Should have made the questions harder.  Even if she hadn't gotten the "easy" version of the challenge, answering five questions like those isn't that hard.

Julia was a young, black woman on last season.  She complained publicly about not getting any confessionals in the first 2 episodes (she didn't get any in episode 3 or 4 either) and implied race was a factor.

She actually got a decent amount of screen time, despite the fact that her tribe barely every lost immunity challenges and went to tribal,  just no confessionals.

Dean has been completely invisible, especially in episode 2.   He was one of the few RHAP interviews I listened too, so I know a good deal about him and had mixed feelings.  He has a pretty big personality.  I think that makes it weirder barely seeing him in the first 2 episodes. 

I thought the questions were easy, too.  I was anticipating what they might be as soon as they told Kellee about the challenge, and they were even a bit easier than I thought they would be.  

Maybe they were easier for me, as a father of 3 kids with a dog and other pets.  That made their conversation interesting to me and therefore pretty easy to follow.

I found it odd that Kellee said she had a bad memory.  I wonder how she passed exams at an Ivy League school with a bad memory.  Maybe, she is a negotiating genius and thought she could get a better deal from Boston Angelina Rob, by saying that.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2

I thought the questions they asked Kellee were easy, but we didn't see the extent of them peppering her with information. It looks like she left her camp sometime in the morning and was told that she would return that evening. So even though we only saw a couple of minutes of Rob and Sandra's verbal diarrhea, it probably went on for hours, containing tons of nonsense, like when Rob said something like, "what about chiropractic? Is that even real?" I'm guessing there was a lot more stuff like that from both of them to the point where Kellee had to tune out just to keep from losing her mind.

I don't know if Molly would have turned out to be Parvati 2.0, but when that was said and they cut to a shot of Molly grinning, she did look an awful lot like her. They have the same toothy smile. I think she would have been an interesting player to watch, but I can't be too sorry she's gone since there are still 18 people there and I don't know who most of them are yet.

Edited by fishcakes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, DallasGypsy said:

Remember that the two people who have been to IOTI have been from different tribes.  They didn't/won't have a chance to share their experiences until the merge, unless there's a tribe swap in the near future and assuming that both make it to the merge.  

Regular Survivor watchers have see that "three jugs ... choose one" option on other seasons when a person goes to a different island during the episode.

Remember that folks on the different tribes only know who went to IOTI from their own tribes.  Even the person who picked a name doesn't know who went from the other tribe.  Will be interesting after the merge.

I'm rewatching now  (cough soberly cough).  I still love the Molly vote of course, and I still think it's awesome, but the first segment of Noura ranting at everyone is pretty hysterical.  I get why some posters here are turned off by her.  She basically seemed to really dislike Molly because she was pretty (she actually says that) even though I don't think Noura's unattractive or anything.  But I think she just couldn't articulate herself.  I think a lot of women came to the consensus that Molly controlled or at the very least was very, very liked by Jamal and (young surfer dude) and I totally get why they voted for her.  Obviously, she was less influential than people thought because only those 2 guys really care about her, but it was still pretty interesting.  There's no cool kids versus nerds.  It's just Noura and her buddy Jason, then the King/Queen/Jack (LOL - shouldn't it be court jester?  Is Jack a real person in the court?  Is that a really stupid question.  This is really funny actually that she called them that.  It's pretty clever.)  And then everyone else..... a whole bunch of women and that touchy guy Dan.  And the redhead who really liked the cool kids.  I guess in the end, redhead Tommy voted with the rest?  He just doesn't look like a Tommy.  That's what makes it so hard for me.

Oh man, when Kelly came back from IOTI and mimicked "freaking out" Dan grabbed her head, cradled it, and kissed the top of it.  LOL.  After she made it clear a few days ago she doesn't like to be touched.

The guy with the tattoos has a really incredible body.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

They played her ass is HILARIOUS , but too much of a spoiler.  Every quote of Sandra's, we can hear it her voice.

Poor Jamal, he has a sty in his eye, I think.

On the other hand, he actually says "We're really impressed with ourselves."  Hahahahhaha.  And, "I recommend a midday nap".  He acts so calm like he's running a lifestyle blog on Survivor.  I mean they also all did Yoga together.  It's funny, his personality seems SO anti-Survivor and more like Frasier Crane.  I guess that's why these 3 seem to reek of smugness to some.

Oh my god , THE JACK IS ACTUALLY NAMED JACK!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA  I'm gonna cry!

Now Tommy is saying "shuffle the deck".  These people are so funny.

Listening to Tommy drone on with his nonsense I still don't get if his Mom wanted him to hang out with the cool kids or the nerds.  It sounds like the former, LOL.

So what Molly said is "We've really ENJOYED getting to know you" like I thought, but it was to Jason (I thought it was to Noura.)

I know that Noura seems weird and like a loose cannon, and Jason kept forcing her to stop dancing, but I think she's playing really well in the sense that she manipulated Molly from the beginning of this episode all the way to the end.  Like Sandra said, they played her ass.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm rewatching now  (cough soberly cough).  I still love the Molly vote of course, and I still think it's awesome, but the first segment of Noura ranting at everyone is pretty hysterical.  I get why some posters here are turned off by her.  She basically seemed to really dislike Molly because she was pretty (she actually says that) even though I don't think Noura's unattractive or anything.  But I think she just couldn't articulate herself.  I think a lot of women came to the consensus that Molly controlled or at the very least was very, very liked by Jamal and (young surfer dude) and I totally get why they voted for her.  Obviously, she was less influential than people thought because only those 2 guys really care about her, but it was still pretty interesting.  There's no cool kids versus nerds.  It's just Noura and her buddy Jason, then the King/Queen/Jack (LOL - shouldn't it be court jester?  Is Jack a real person in the court?  Is that a really stupid question.  This is really funny actually that she called them that.  It's pretty clever.)  And then everyone else..... a whole bunch of women and that touchy guy Dan.  And the redhead who really liked the cool kids.  I guess in the end, redhead Tommy voted with the rest?  He just doesn't look like a Tommy.  That's what makes it so hard for me.

Oh man, when Kelly came back from IOTI and mimicked "freaking out" Dan grabbed her head, cradled it, and kissed the top of it.  LOL.  After she made it clear a few days ago she doesn't like to be touched.

The guy with the tattoos has a really incredible body.

I think the idea that Molly was some manipulative ring leader was just fiction created by Noura out of obsessive jealousy and embraced and used strategically by Lauren.

It seemed like from the beginning everyone was down on Jason for sneaking off to go idol hunting in the first hour.   The also. seemed to find Noura's badgering annoying.  It seemed like those 2 just put themselves on the chopping block naturally, without any real need for people to be manipulated or cajoled into wanting them out.

It will be interesting to see how this works out for Lauren.  Her tactics were brilliant.  She did an amazing job building the consensus against Molly.   But, strategically, it seems like it might have been unnecessary and counterproductive.  

They had an uncomplicated 8-2 split, which would have become 8-1.  They could have had 2 easy votes, and most or all of the 8 probably could have gotten to the tribe swap without ever having been at risk for elimination.   Lauren could have used that time of peace, and he skills,  to build relationships and alliances.   But now, the tribe is divided and she probably put a target on her back as a strong strategic player.   

• Love 4

The 2 guys who were on the top are now on the bottom and everybody else is together in a 'nerds alliance.'  So that leaves the tribe split still at 7-2, except the pecking order is completely reversed - how is that to Lauren's disadvantage?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's no cool kids versus nerds. 

Not outside Noura’s brain, IMHO.  Red Tom did make a similar reference, but I suspect he was simply echoing sentiments Noura had voiced to him.

The thing I did find most irritating, though, was Noura’s characterizations of herself vs. Molly&Co. as so much “Hi! I’m the spunky underdog nerd hero battling against the evil forces of the cool kid/mean girl clique masters!” bullshit - particularly since most of the mean-girl-esque action appeared to be emanating from Noura, not Molly.  The most I recall hearing Molly say against Noura was at one point Molly saying Noura was “irritating” - and if you can’t see a substantial grain of truth in THAT assessment, then I can’t help you. 😂

Frankly, I got more of a cool-kid vibe off Jamal’s THs than I did Molly’s - but the moment Jamal commented upon how “easy” it was for them to be running things, I knew they were toast.

• Love 8

You know....I love a good blindside.  But I love it when the player is blindsided, not when the viewer is blindsided.  The editing has been doing far too much of that lately.  Going in to TC, we only had Noura's bitterness targeting Molly to the camera and to others, we didn't see any of the rest of the tribe going "Hey, you're right.  Let's get rid of the pretty girl.  Great idea!"  <whispered talking head> "Yeah, Noura is annoying and I was all set to ditch her, but she had some good points about Molly, and these are the reasons why this is good for my game..."  Give us a clue as to how or why the wind changed.

I'm pretty resentful about them jettisoning Molly.  It really ticked me off. 

I wanted to watch her hair get bigger and bigger and bigger each week like Monica's hair from Friends when she was on that trip to Jamaica.  I was wondering if it would eventually fill the screen!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 10/3/2019 at 1:25 PM, simplyme said:

I'm not finding it unbelievable that Elizabeth and Kellee came up with basically the same lie. Both based their lies off Ghost Island. 

On 10/3/2019 at 6:01 AM, Haleth said:

Visitors to Idol Island should know not to reveal too much.  Knowledge is power and blabbing what happened is giving away your power.  

YES to both of these.  Revealing what happened would be stupid at this point, and (thankfully) this group of players seems to be mostly not stupid. Nobody’s going to be mad about it later, because they would have done the same thing.

And of course that was the lie they both came up with. It’s something that has happened before, so it’s a believable story. (And wasn’t it more than just Ghost Island? I could have sworn they did that “choose an option” scenario on another season as well.) Again, these people are not stupid.

I’m loving the new casting director. Cast-wise, this season feels like Survivor of yore, before it evolved into Underwear Models on a Beach, With One Token Old Person. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

So even though we only saw a couple of minutes of Rob and Sandra's verbal diarrhea, it probably went on for hours, containing tons of nonsense, like when Rob said something like, "what about chiropractic? Is that even real?"

No way it went on for hours.  Probably didn't last an hour.

Poor Jamal, he has a sty in his eye, I think.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that. His eye looked pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Going in to TC, we only had Noura's bitterness targeting Molly to the camera and to others, we didn't see any of the rest of the tribe going "Hey, you're right.  Let's get rid of the pretty girl.  Great idea!"  <whispered talking head> "Yeah, Noura is annoying and I was all set to ditch her, but she had some good points about Molly, and these are the reasons why this is good for my game..."  Give us a clue as to how or why the wind changed.

We had Lauren talking to most if not all of the women about getting rid of Molly and one if not more confessionals from her about it. And then we had the confessional from Tommy about whether to go with the cool kids against Noura/Jason or the others against Molly, so someone, presumably Lauren, talked to Tommy about it as well. They probably even showed someone talking to Tommy about it I just don't really remember it well. Oh, and Kellee had a confessional about it, I believe.

• Love 8

It seems to me that Redhead Tommy and his other allies (Kellee, not sure who else) had already decided to get rid of Molly, but I would be interested to hear the fallout next episode to see if he says why he chose to side against her and Jamal/Jack.  If he was undecided going in, I hope he felt his decision was validated by Jamal's answers alone.  So arrogant... "the game hasn't even started, we're still in first gear, getting rid of the chaff" is basically what he said.  And the fact that he was so confident that he didn't even pack his bag?  I would have voted him off just for that.

There have to be more than a few people who were voted off without having packed their things, right?  Was JT one of them?  Then again I am not sure what the big deal is as I am quite confident that any bagless bootee would either be allowed back to camp to get their stuff before the tribe returns, or production would have done it for them.  It's not like they are going to be forced to go to Ponderosa with just the clothes on their back, and in any event, it doesn't matter since their big suitcase with all of their fancy clothes would be there anyways.

Jamal also said to Jason in front of everyone at TC "You're playing from the bottom.  That's the game you have to play.  That's not the game I have to play."  Thinking over this, I can't believe he actually said all of this.  Whether it's true or not I'm not seeing how that's possibly a good idea.  They were only 3 people and they really thought they called the shots over everyone else.  Based on what?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

So it makes sense that if anyone is going to get a purple edit, it would be a man.

Purple edit?

That said, I've been watching since Season 1 and I never really can tell by the edit who is going to win.

I think the show tends to focus on whoever they think has a big personality and makes "good TV." Sometimes that person or persons happens to be the eventual winner, sometimes not. It's also pretty clear they peg someone or some people as potential fan favorites.

They had an uncomplicated 8-2 split, which would have become 8-1. 

You should never presume to know when a merge, swap or other shenanigans are going to ruin your plans though. That's why I cringe every time someone thinks they will have indefinite opportunities to get rid of a threat. An "easy vote" is an easy way to not play the game.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh, that was so bad. Taking control of someone's head is a domineering thing to do, so grabbing her by the face was just as bad as kissing her hair. I once stopped going to a hair stylist because he was so rough with the way he'd move my head while he was cutting my hair that even though I knew he didn't mean anything by it, it just felt really creepy.

29 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Purple edit?

This is when the person is edited out almost to the point of invisibility. It's called that because one of the the first really glaring examples was in Nicaragua when "Purple Kelly" (she had purple streaks in her hair so they called her that to distinguish her from the other Kelly who was on that season) was very nearly edited out of the show because the producers were angry with her

Spoiler

after she quit about 2/3 of the way through the game. There was another player who quit at the same time, but she didn't get the purple edit because she was such a big, unpleasant character. Purple Kelly seemed nice enough, but not very interesting.

Spoiler

Edited by fishcakes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh my god , THE JACK IS ACTUALLY NAMED JACK!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA  I'm gonna cry!

Well, that piece of info would have helped when I spent the rest of the episode pondering who was the King and who was the Jack. I had assumed they meant Molly was the Queen. 🤷🏻‍♀️

21 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I wanted to watch her hair get bigger and bigger and bigger each week like Monica's hair from Friends when she was on that trip to Jamaica.  I was wondering if it would eventually fill the screen!

We (I???) will have to settle on watching Jack's hair get bigger. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Am I the only one who had to look up what YOLO means?

YLSNED.

I had to look it up too, and now you want me to look up YLSNED too? 🙂

And I have no idea what a purple edit is.

ETA: Just read the explanation above, thanks fishcakes.

Edited by Brookside
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, peachmangosteen said:

OK, looked them up. I've been calling Dean "Blake from the Bachelorette" because he looks so much like, well, Blake from The Bachelorette lol. 

I had to go look him up, and YES, he does look just like Blake. And now I will remember his name, because "Dean".....I always think of Dean from the Bach franchise.

I looked through all the players from this season and probably knew the names of only 4 or 5! 😮

• Love 2

It's a minor thing, but Jeff does it every season. At the start of the second immunity challenge of the season, he says "Once again, immunity is back up for grabs." On the 2nd challenge it's either once again up for grabs or back up for grabs, but it's not once again back up for grabs until the third challenge. Right?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7