Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E02: YOLO, Let's Play!

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I am glad that Mollly McSmugface is gone. Though Noura McCrazypants can go next time! Good season so far. Impressed with Lauren and Kellee. Like Chelsea and the girl alliance. Wish it could work for once!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, greyflannel said:

It's a minor thing, but Jeff does it every season. At the start of the second immunity challenge of the season, he says "Once again, immunity is back up for grabs." On the 2nd challenge it's either once again up for grabs or back up for grabs, but it's not once again back up for grabs until the third challenge. Right?

You're not the only one. I've been irritated by this for years.

• Love 6

I don't remember seeing this covered, but I actually found Kellee's lie about Giant Zombie Head Island (someone on this board called it that, and it's what I've been calling this season in my head) was much better than Elizabeth's. Kellee did say there were two giant statues of a man and a woman there. Theoretically, the next person could believe that maybe only a few people (or select people) get a visit from Boston Rob and Sandra. Whereas Elizabeth's "it was basically Ghost Island" is going to unravel the minute the next person goes.

On 10/4/2019 at 7:03 AM, Rachel RSL said:

Because if you win the million, who cares what kind of edit you get?

Adam Klein would like you to know, three years later, that his edit was bad, really bad, really really bad. 😉

But I'm always skeptical of over-the-top positive edits, as they normally spell doom (as was the case for Rick Devens). Malcolm on Game Changers comes to mind. When the halo appears, the end is near.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 10/3/2019 at 6:46 AM, hacman00 said:

If I was on Survivor I would vote for anyone who says, "At the end of the day..."

My vote will be for anyone who says something, anything is "iconic." The most overused, overrated word of the 21st century. 

• Love 4

This is my first season to watch since Seasons 1,2,& 4 (skipped 3 after four episodes) and so far I am really enjoying the first 2 episodes. I really liked the fact that blindsides came out so early in the game.  And so far, none of the contestants have me completing hating them

Looking forward to chatting with you guys. 

• Love 4

I, too, found Noura to be REALLY annoying and initially thought she should leave.  but at the end I was thrilled at the blindside.  It was great to see someone playing the game out of the gate and not waiting meekly for the "right time".  had they done what the king, queen, jack wanted it would have been tacit approval that the three will always call the shots.  and I really like that some of the older and/or those who could be called less photogenic people are getting a chance to play.

• Love 5
On 10/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, JudyObscure said:

Yes, everytime someone compared her to the popular kids in high school or talked about her fabulous charm, I thought, no way.  I doubt if her co-workers like her very mcuh.  Noura was obnoxious, but Molly basically laughing in her face and then bragging that she couldn't be bullied because she doesn't care is just not the way to win friends, or win Survivor.  She reeked of smugness.

The whole first half was filled with more examples of how not to win than  the mentors will ever have time to address.  Aaron letting everyone know he's angry and doesn't trust them.  Noura acting like a grumpy camp counselor, lecturing everyone. Making your alliance obvious.  Being yourself. Never be yourself.  Yourself is hurt when your name comes up, resentful when others don't work as hard, jealous when others do better in the challenge, desparately hungry and sleep deprived.  Be someone else.

How quickly they forget they're playing a game for a million dollars.

Maybe because she was gone so quickly, but Molly didn't bother me that much. She did have an easy charm about her and it probably was dangerous to let her get too far. Someone like Noura isn't like to win friends and influence people in a swap or merge, but Molly could have swung people to her side.

Granted, there's the goat factor with Noura so that's another reason to keep her, but I suspect it's going to be another Abi situation where people just can't take her anymore and have to get rid of her before the end. 

I actually thought she might be a relative of Parvati’s. Something around the eyes and that gummy smile.

Yes, the smile was so similar. Molly seemed less overtly flirty, but those gums were all Parvati.

Yeah . . . and the questions she got were softballs. Even I knew them. What branch of the military did Sandra's husband serve in? I even remembered the number of years: 27. If Kellee had missed the first 2 questions  the next 3 probably would have been "what's my name again? And what's her name? And what's your name?" They were determined to give her that idol.

Yeah, if I was the girl who had to make fire against Boston Rob, I'd be pissed when I saw the cakewalk task that Kellee got. 

The idol in the hair was pretty brilliant, but her acting at camp wasn't great. She had a desperate whiff about her that would have made me suspicious even if she appeared to show them everything. Until she revealed the hair thing, I was wondering if she had it clenched in her butt cheeks or something, lol.

I am only 3 minutes into this episode, I haven't read the thread.

But so strange, I must have rewound 5 times.

Did I really just see a shirtless man in black pants, with his thong panty showing from behind?

That was the oddest thing...