Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It's also what they do every single season -- it's not a surprise! I do think it is extremely hard to create a cohesive group menu on the fly, orchestrate two turns of a dining room, and simply get out hundreds of plates on demand. But it's Top Chef. Hard is the point.
  3. I can buy it, she was married a long time, from when she would have dated to now, when she's of a certain age. The marriage ended because her ex-husband cheated on her with a much younger woman. So Molly might not be feeling so confident and maybe looks more at someone she sees everyday, as opposed to that French winery guy. Some wealthy women, including actresses, have gotten together with men who aren't rich or famous. Maybe part of the attraction is that she doesn't think he'd cheat on her, like the Adam Scott character did.
  4. Watching Sheila taunt Li about Finn saving her is appalling. It was Deacon more than Finn. Sheila should have been dead and gone.
  5. I really don't want a second season. This series was perfect. Clavell's story ends where it ends. Trying to wiggle their way into what they believe to be the easier Emmy category is the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard to renew a series for a second season.
  6. Week 35: 3/5 YTD: 87/175 (50%) with 7* I got some huge potatoes this week. One of them was enough for three servings, even after removing a bad spot from the middle. So I'll bring mashed potatoes.
  7. I'm happy with who made it through, as there are some very talented folks this season, but I am surprised Zoe didn't make it. I agree with John that she has a very good voice.
  8. Late to the party on this, but I just need to vent on The Life and Times of Roy Bean, which was on Wednesday. Here are things they got right: 1 - Roy Bean was lynched and left for dead by some drunk yahoos but survived. 2 - He had a tamed bear as a pet who liked beer 3 - He had a major crush on the actress Lillie Langtry. He never was rescued by a woman named Maria (the rope he was hanging from broke) though he did marry a woman named Virginian Chavez and had four children with her, a boom town did not spring up around where Bean held court but rather he moved his courthouse/saloon to a town, and lastly, and most importantly, he hanged no one. He sentenced two men to death one escaped and the other was let go after paying a fine. In fact, almost of his sentences were fines. As I read in a book called Hang 'em High: Law and Disorder in Western Films and Literature, John Millius, who wrote the script, intended to put forth why there should be a death penalty but director John Houston had other ideas. The book says that Millius' job on set was primarily making sure the inebriated Ava Gardner didn't wander off into the desert and die. Hand to God. Also, there was already a Western that dealt with the issue of the death penalty and it was where the book got its title - Hang 'em High. And the judge in that movie was modeled after a real life hanging judge named Issac Parker and the sequence of the six men hanging is taken directly from historical events as that happened to six men who were sentenced to death by Judge Parker. I just needed to get this off my chest.
  9. Dossiers on his kids so he can remember their names and what they look like? Though I’d lay odds he still thinks their names are Jack and Donny.
  10. On Saturday May 11 at 10 am ET, MeTV will air Season 4 Episode 14 "The Night of the Spanish Curse". Original air date January 3, 1969. The above recap is from tvtropes The Night of the Spanish Curse. From a review on the episode's IMDb page: "This episode is one of the more mundane efforts of the series." I'll leave it at that. It's good to see Artie back. He's the highlight of the episode.
  11. You have a wonderful day and drive safe... LOL I know Im here early but I totally missed that line last week and its killing me haha
  12. I can't figure out what Sonnys meds are. I understand lithium but what is that other one? Google says its a psychedelic What are all those papers on Jason's desk for? Coffee orders?
  13. Instaget FJ for me tonight. I was surprised Allison missed it. I also got the TS of Thunderbird, Mary Kay, Desperately Seeking Susan, and (on a guess), CVS. I suspect I would have gotten lark if I could have seen the clue and the pictures at the same time. I could name all the birds, but with their whole names (i.e. Meadowlark), but couldn't figure out what they wanted without seeing the clue. Burden of knowledge, I guess.
  14. Oh, the *bogey*man... ...that snot funny. 😲
  15. I have loved season 2, but the whole thing with her being into Arthur has taken me out a bit. I just don’t buy it, I mean she was about to get with Benjamin Bratt and yes I know the whole point is Arthur being a “regular” guy. But no chemistry is there, while he and his new gf are really cute together.
  16. Why does he keep saying he's the last Time Lord? Tennant's #14 still exists as far as we know.
  17. Yesterday
  18. Not a very cheery small talk topic, but now I’m wondering what other shows had to write in the death of a major character’s actor. The only one that comes to mind right now is The West Wing, when John Spencer (Leo) died in real life, near the end of the series. I’m sure there are many I’m forgetting.
  19. I’m sorry but Anna questioning Dante’s impartiality to DEX was just beyond my limits. And once again she gets all weepy over it. Has Dante ever, and I mean EVER, since joining the PCPD, sided with his father over the law? Sure he’s gotten closer to Sonny. That’s natural. No one ever claimed Sonny wasn’t charming or that he doesn’t love his family. John Gotti loved his family too, and they loved him. Didn’t make him any less of a mob boss. He just kept his family away from the mob. At least until he died and they decided to capitalize on his name. But that wasn’t on him. Dante is a good cop. Stop with this BS already! So now Jason knew that Carly was listening in on his conversation with Cates and purposely didn’t mention that Brennan was connected to Pikeman? Maybe he should have just walked out of the office,found Carly, shoved her ass out the door and locked it when she was outside? How will she feel when she gets her bff killed for real? And previews have Anna reading her the riot act while she Stands there all weepy. ‘But I wanna HELP! I was just trying to HELP! Let me HELP! I can get info from Brennan. He likes me. Let me HELP!’ I thought Ava’s head was going to explode when Sonny said he was bringing Natalia to the wedding lol! And no one is going to convince me that Natalia didn’t know exactly what she was doing. She was angling for an invite to the wedding. The fact that she not only thought Blaze would take her, but EXPECTED it, shows just how manipulative she is. She didn’t even ask her daughter. She just wanted to know what Blaze was wearing so she wouldn’t clash. 🙄 just when I thought the women on this show couldn’t get any dumber, Patrick and Korte prove me wrong.
  20. I'm about 3 1/2 to 4 hours south-ish of the Dulles/Vienna area. And it was overcast for the eclipse here, too. We got a tiny window of about ten minutes where the clouds were thin enough that we got a glimpse of it, but then the clouds moved back in, and that was it.
  21. It doesn't matter how often they drink as much as how they react to alcohol when they do drink. I've seen plenty of scenes of Tamra wasted off her butt, so I wouldn't put her in the absolutely no problem drinker column. And you can drink a lot but if you don't eat, you can stay thin. I've seen plenty of heavy drinkers who were slim. It's the food and alcohol together that can make you gain weight. I wouldn't put Heather in the problem drinker column, but she is more of an exception than the rule.
  22. I needed to vent. Eddie's story is straight-up character assassination. It is that awful. I admit, Eddie's my favourite, though I love the entire cast and think Peter Krause and Kenneth Choi are both phenomenal and the best actors of the cast. I was really hoping for Eddie to get a storyline, but let me tell you, this was not it. he's not just being turned into a total cheating jerk, which would be bad enough because it's so out of character, this is more like a mental breakdown. I'm actually hoping for a brain tumour at this point, or something, anything to explain this horrible direction they've taken the character. It just makes no sense and I can't see how they're going to take this story in any kind of direction anyone would want to watch. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion, and I can't stand second-hand embarrassment, so I think I'm out, at least of this story. What was so wrong with having a man on the show who actually valued fidelity and being in a monogamous relationship? Someone who actually wanted a permanent relationship and wasn't interested in flings? It was, frankly, refreshing. Now Marisol needs to run as fast as she can, and while she doesn't know it yet, poor Kim needs a restraining order, it's that f-ing creepy. Sure, Eddie's relationship with Marisol, much like his relationship with Ana, was boring as all get-out. But that could have been solved with, I don't know, writing some kind of actual story for them, if they really didn't want to go with a romantic relationship with Buck. Instead we get this — I don't even know what would be a strong enough word to call it. Do the writers not get that everyone ships Eddie with Buck because Buck is an actually interesting character who's been developed and they've had actual stories together? I would way rather have seen bisexual Eddie (though I don't begrudge Buck the story, since they're doing a good job with it). Last part of my rant: Eddie's relationship with Shannon was no better than his relationships with Ana and Marisol — in fact it was worse. They were a terrible couple who should have gotten that divorce (though Shannon's reasoning was BS). I hated Shannon and thought she was awful. Not because she abandoned Eddie, I could understand that, but because she apparently had zero communication with her son for almost 2 years. That is traumatizing for a kid, for whom you've been the primary parent his whole life. Yes, she was awful, and seemed to be exiting both of their lives yet again so she could find herself when she, thankfully, died. Eddie's delusion about this, after all these years, is yet another horrible aspect to this whole horrible mess. And not for nothing was Eddie's parallel in this episode a guy who kidnapped two women and a child to feed his delusion that they were his family. Stop turning Eddie into a creepy stalker, writers. He will never be able to have a relationship with Kim. The second she sees a photo of Shannon it's over. Eddie could never, ever introduce her to Chris (need I explain why?). And just given what she wore on the date and her hairstyle, she seems in real life to be absolutely nothing like Shannon was, so that's eventually going to clash horribly with Eddie's delusion. Desperate measures are already needed to salvage this.
  23. She probably asked "why" because she was concerned that it was because of a physical condition. I'm so glad there are a lot more female gynecologists today. They're one of us & know what life is like once a month.
  24. The part where Eddie was daydreaming about telling Christopher “mama’s home” was just nuts. Christopher is a teenager not five years old. No one would have that kind of reaction.
  25. Criminal Minds: Evolution | Season 2 Teaser
  1. Load more activity