Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. qtpye

Culturally, Okay?

Did ya'll peep this mess?
  3. Oh wow. It's so funny the first review has a picture of the buyer in this dress, in black. She says it makes her look sexy. She's right! It does. But it's not flattering on LW whether it's the dress itself, or it would have looked better in that black, I don't know.
  4. I can't think Paul and Kimberley would agree to do this sequel if they couldn't make the script work - maybe I'm being naive about that but I'm going to stay optimistic and hold out hope it's another winner like the first. (And I say this as someone who firmly believes that Christmas belongs in December and no other part of the year, lol).
  5. oooh, maybe Pete could have a romance with the 1950's housewife ghost nextdoor. Someone above mentioned him being a conduit for Thor and Bjorn, so maybe that's how he could meet her. I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if Pete held hands with another ghost and tried to cross the barrier together. Would the other ghost be treated as an extension of Pete and be able to be outside the boundary, but pop back over as soon as he let go?
  6. I get that, I do. One of the genuinely lovely things about the show was watching people adapt…tappers to ballroom, ballet dancers to krump. And that’s gone.
  7. I know that some months ago I wrote here that I will not be reading any more Lev Tolstoj War and Peace, but decided to upen-up Volume 2, and, I don't know, either because I found James Clavell's Tai-Pan to be not what I hoped it to be or maybe because so far Volume 2 is superior to Volume 1, but I like it. So, I read so far only 43 pages (or 6 chapters of the first parter of Volume 2): the Battle of Austerlitz is over, and the Russian nobles come back to Moscow. That's what happened in the first 6 chapters lol.
  8. The house my parents owned from 1972 to 2007 was nearly impossible to find with just the address. GPS didn't improve that at all. When we were expecting a delivery, we always told dispatchers that we needed to give directions directly to the drivers, or they would get lost. They rarely believed us and didn't put us in touch with the drivers. We would either be down at the cross street flagging them down, or they would just leave and tell dispatch there was no such address. Fortunately, when we did have the need to call EMS, they were clever enough to be able to find us without too much delay or the need for us to be out at the street frantically waving them our way.
  9. Peacock US 25-April-2024
  10. The Breen look better with their helmets left on! The women probably don't look much better. Rather lizard-looking to me.
  11. lasu

The Valley

Huh. That's...a twist. The good ol' boy who can't handle LA and just wants to sit by the fishin' hole is actually a model FROM LOS ANGELES? I'll admit, I didn't see that one coming.
  12. I loved that George was the one to take Sheldon to visit Massachusetts since he was the one that took him to Cal Tech earlier in the series. I did laugh when they saw the snow and immediately went back inside without even visiting MIT. The scene with Drs Sturgis and Linkletter telling Sheldon to go to a prestigious university was wonderful. It reminded me of the video that the high school teachers made when it was time for Sheldon to graduate. I also loved the final scene with the professors and the dean. I would watch a spinoff about the college with these actors (it would probably be better than the Georgie spinoff coming up).
  13. Nordstrom. 13 colors. Hope we don't see them all. https://www.nordstrom.com/s/tori-tie-waist-midi-shirtdress/7075981
  14. Peacock US 25-April-2024
  15. I could've done without the Thor/Flower/Nancy storyline and watched a whole episode of Pete navigating around the city!
  16. My husband asked why we are not seeing more of Sam. “The actor is pregnant so they are hiding her behind a desk, a laundry basket, in bed….”. He had no idea. I loved the Deal Mart scenes. “Six!” 🤣
  17. I think that Erin probably is more in line with being a help rather than a hinderance to her grandparents and even to her parents. She can come off as very needy and loving attention, but she seems very specific in that intent versus Carlin or Lawson who just want whatever attention they can get. Erin thrives on being viewed as the expert and the perfect wife/mother/daughter/granddaughter, etc. So I think it is on brand for her (and still very nice) to individually wrap items and to bake for Bill and Jane. What I mean by this...On the show during the first season Jane commented that she hoped one of the grandchildren (granddaughters specifically) would take over Thanksgiving, as it was a lot of work and she could relax and let others do it better at someone else's home rather than her own. She said they wouldn't travel as far as Chicago for Michaela to do it or to Florida for Alyssa. She said she thought Erin could do it well but their home was too small for so many people. That probably made Erin's day to hear that she had earned that respect from Jane. Erin's need for attention seems to come from being considered the expert on things. For example, she was the first to get married so she seemed to love being the planner for the other sisters. She was the first to go to Crown so she became the expert on higher education (in her mind). You could literally see her beam and glow when someone said how good of a cook she has become. Jane seems to be able to speak that language to her.
  18. I have often wondered the same things, but hostage-taking in this form was common throughout the ancient world, and is apparently used even in modern times: Hostage Diplomacy
  19. I think that's what we got in the U.S. a couple of weeks ago--two women who know each other and maybe have a podcast. So maybe y'all are just a little behind.
  20. WHAT?? He’s a pinhead. And not attractive at all imo. What platform? 🤣 How is he doing this? This has to be a joke. He is an in-demand model around the globe? I can’t understand this.
  21. Adding to my answer above. Maybe my knife example could be used in a case of stranger rape to identify someone. Here there is no identity issue.
  22. I was watching the Nickelodeon special and that Speech guys who assaulted Drake Bell, was pictured with Leonardo. I've heard that when children are traumatized, they can stunt at that age. I wonder if Leo is needing to date these young girls because he doesn't understand older women due to trauma? NOT EXCUSING IT at all!!!! Just saying, I bet he's got some stories to tell and he'll never do it because he's firmly in the system... Also- did anyone see this? https://pagesix.com/2024/04/26/entertainment/lala-kents-ex-used-pseudonym-to-direct-john-travolta-film/amp/
  23. For the most part, the richest people I have ever met in life dress down and blend in.
  24. I can't see that happening, although stranger things have happened. Personally, I'd like to see her voted out next TC.
  25. Magog

The NBA

Here is DLo showing us how much he gives a damn last night while the Lakers are about to get swept on Saturday Night at The Crypt. D'Angelo Russell doesn't join Lakers huddle after scoring 0 in Game 3 loss vs Nuggets As for LeBron, he's not going to retire. But, the Lakers would suck even more if he leaves. Maybe. Thankfully, we won't have to worry about that. The only self motivation the Lakers should have right now is win a game in the series to get a little of their pride & self-respect back. Even if they somehow win tomorrow night, it still wouldn't bring back much of their pride & self-respect. As for tonight, hopefully the Suns will join the Lakers in being down 3-0. The less we see KD & those crummy Suns in the Playoffs, the better. Besides, I'm not going to lose any sleep at all over LeBron (who I still really like) & the Lakers, and the KD (🤬) & the Suns possibly being sent home after the weekend joining Steph & those Warriors (🤣) in Cancun. I know that ESPN will sad as hell about it, but it wouldn't bother me one bit over that outcome
  1. Load more activity