Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

There should be an option to get a free 24 hr preview. If you don't see it, try clearing your cookies or using an incognito browser. I don't have cable and this is how i watch every week. 

I did the free 24hr preview to watch last weeks episode

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

NOT TRUE. The quality of dancer has gone UP, not down, and that has caused the mediocre dancers to stand out more. In the earlier seasons, all of the dancers were mediocre so they all looked like rockstars... the girls in the earlier seasons were prettier but had much less dance talent. Many of them were competitive cheerleaders. Now the squad is made up of mostly technically trained dancers. Anyways, it’s a comparison thing. You’re disappointed in the “weak dancers” bc we’ve now had girls like Holly P come through and show us what could be... but those past seasons... just no. In the earlier seasons, a girl without dance training had a very good shot of making the squad. I remember watching them and thinking those squads were not powerful or clean. There is much more punch and precision now. Anyways, it’s the fact that there is more range now due to some very talented dancers joining that makes the lesser dancers stand out. The sea of mediocre is gone. Sometimes it’s good to have a squad that’s all on the same level bc then no one stands out and even if it’s not perfect, everything looks “right” bc of everyone is doing the same thing. Now we have range. I’ve seen more talented dancers come through every year BC OF THE SHOW. They want the exposure. We didn’t get girls who had danced professionally in Hollywood or Vegas before like we do now. We also didn’t get as many college dance captains. The older squads were mostly Texas country bumpkins who went straight from high school and studio dance teams to DCC. Now we have college educated women who furthered their training on college pom squads, girls from other professional dance teams, and even girls who worked professionally in Hollywood. These girls would wipe the floor with the earliest squads. Perception is deceptive. Having such talented high caliber dancers come in has increased the range, making the mediocre dancers stand out. But those earliest squads... were 100% mediocre dancer, which is why it was less noticeable. 

Sorry, but watch those early seasons again and you'll see just how much better they were then.  In those days, a dancers like VK and Christina would have NEVER made the team, and a dancer like Amy would have NEVER been made point.  It's sad how far they've fallen.

• Love 23

@ShellyB - Thanks for answering all of our questions (no matter how stupid or odd they are!).  I was wondering, what is a typical schedule like on game days? Are the girls meeting at The Star to bus to the stadium or are they responsible for getting themselves to the stadium?  How far ahead of game time are the cheerleaders typically at the stadium?  Thanks again!

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

NOT TRUE. The quality of dancer has gone UP, not down, and that has caused the mediocre dancers to stand out more. In the earlier seasons, all of the dancers were mediocre so they all looked like rockstars... the girls in the earlier seasons were prettier but had much less dance talent. Many of them were competitive cheerleaders. Now the squad is made up of mostly technically trained dancers. Anyways, it’s a comparison thing. You’re disappointed in the “weak dancers” bc we’ve now had girls like Holly P come through and show us what could be... but those past seasons... just no. In the earlier seasons, a girl without dance training had a very good shot of making the squad. I remember watching them and thinking those squads were not powerful or clean. There is much more punch and precision now. Anyways, it’s the fact that there is more range now due to some very talented dancers joining that makes the lesser dancers stand out. The sea of mediocre is gone. Sometimes it’s good to have a squad that’s all on the same level bc then no one stands out and even if it’s not perfect, everything looks “right” bc of everyone is doing the same thing. Now we have range. I’ve seen more talented dancers come through every year BC OF THE SHOW. They want the exposure. We didn’t get girls who had danced professionally in Hollywood or Vegas before like we do now. We also didn’t get as many college dance captains. The older squads were mostly Texas country bumpkins who went straight from high school and studio dance teams to DCC. Now we have college educated women who furthered their training on college pom squads, girls from other professional dance teams, and even girls who worked professionally in Hollywood. These girls would wipe the floor with the earliest squads. Perception is deceptive. Having such talented high caliber dancers come in has increased the range, making the mediocre dancers stand out. But those earliest squads... were 100% mediocre dancer, which is why it was less noticeable. 

Ummm I am not sure why dancers like Meredith or Kat made the team especially if there were so many quality dancers coming through that K&J could take their pic.  Meredith and Kat would have never made the team even as alternates. They are medicore at best.  After Charmin again, I have to agree with her assessment that the last three groups she looked at were awful and should have been cut -- my only disagreement with her - Kat, I never would have given her a sticker much less two.

On the other hand, given the obviously shrinking numbers showing up to try out means mathematically that fewer rock star dancers are showing up.  Shrinking numbers means less rock stars are auditioning and making the squad.  This explains, IMHO, why dancers like Kat and Meredith made the squad, why dancers like Christina are still on the squad and why Maddie is point.

Edited by MTTFan
clarity and run on sentences :)
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sorry, but watch those early seasons again and you'll see just how much better they were then.  In those days, a dancers like VK and Christina would have NEVER made the team, and a dancer like Amy would have NEVER been made point.  It's sad how far they've fallen.

I disagree. Editing on a show can make anyone look good(or bad), but we never saw these former “rockstar” teams on social media the way we do now so there isn’t even a fair way to compare. These girls now have a LOT more content and pictures and videos for people make judgments on, and I think these recent teams have held up very well in that.

But I do agree that will NEVER understand Amy at point when you have Caroline Bridget Ashlee Lexie Gina on your squad. WAKE UP KELLI AND JUDY

Edited by Newmanbritt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I've been watching the earlier seasons way more than I should, and one thing I've noticed is that in the past the solos were much better than what we're seeing now.  There seemed to be a certain quality back then that just isn't present now.  More talent?  Maybe, but something is lacking.

• Love 12
On 9/5/2019 at 11:07 PM, go4luca said:

I love Charm. I admire that she worked hard and made a name for herself from a tough neighborhood.  I don’t see misery on the girls faces when learning her choreo.  I see focus and attention to detail.  

I agree with whoever said they like how she roots for underdogs.  I hope TPTB bring her back again.  She keeps it real and I find her refreshing and funny.

Not to mention she really knew her shit and played it for real.

1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I've been watching the earlier seasons way more than I should, and one thing I've noticed is that in the past the solos were much better than what we're seeing now.  There seemed to be a certain quality back then that just isn't present now.  More talent?  Maybe, but something is lacking.

The last two really good solos for me - Melissa (nerd) and Lacey

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

I disagree. Editing on a show can make anyone look good(or bad), but we never saw these former “rockstar” teams on social media the way we do now so there isn’t even a fair way to compare. These girls now have a LOT more content and pictures and videos for people make judgments on, and I think these recent teams have held up very well in that.

But I do agree that will NEVER understand Amy at point when you have Caroline Bridget Ashlee Lexie Gina on your squad. WAKE UP KELLI AND JUDY

I agree about the editing and, if true, Charlotte should have a talk with CMT about why they are editing the show in such a way that it is giving the impression that less than "world class" dancers are making the squad and K&J are losing their collective minds.

If you assume bad editing, it explains why Kitty is not on this season given how badly her bias was on display last season.

PS - what 50+ woman goes by the name of "kitty?"   i mean no offense, but she doesn't look like a "kitty."

Edited by MTTFan
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Ladies and gents: here is your co-point

20190906_223606.jpg

WHYYYYYY

20190906_223657.jpg

I legit can't with Amy, I’m sure she’s a doll but I can’t figure out how she even made the team let alone now is the most senior vet talk about pastel she’s just so blasé even when she’s talking she puts me to sleep and that open mouth faux smile please make it stahp... 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Shaina seemed quite sweet, and I love her coloring.  It’s painful knowing what’s coming there, and I wonder how much that will be addressed.  

I know I should go back and find the page that discusses this, but if anyone is willing to tell me a short version of what happened with Shaina, it would be much appreciated! Was she just cut on the last night, or is there more to it?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

I know I should go back and find the page that discusses this, but if anyone is willing to tell me a short version of what happened with Shaina, it would be much appreciated! Was she just cut on the last night, or is there more to it?

She was cut second to the last and her friends from college were killed in a helicopter crash 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

She was cut second to the last and her friends from college were killed in a helicopter crash 

Oh my god! Poor baby. She is so beautiful and seems sweet on the show. That's horrible.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Oh my god! Poor baby. She is so beautiful and seems sweet on the show. That's horrible.

I just hope for her own privacy and healing that it isn’t addressed on the show 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Opine said:

So, while I have no idea why Julia gets cut, I would take Lisa over Julia at this point based on my knowledge,  But I'd also take Julia over some that made it.

Amanda - While I am on a roll, I was not a fan, but that girl can dance.  Opinion officially changed!

I wonder if Julia is a Taylor from last season--maybe she said something dumb during the media training. I'm with you on Amanda.

4 hours ago, DCCdazzle said:

I have a request...this is my first season on this forum, and I am probably the only person on this forum who is not on Twitter or who uses Instagram, so I am having some difficulty with all of the abbreviations.  I have figured out a few like IMO and TPTB, but if someone could please list some of the others (RBF, etc.) I would greatly appreciate it!!  Thank you in advance!!

Resting Bitch Face

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Tornado said:

14 minutes ago, Amandared said:

Use a different email. I’ve done it 3x so far 🤷🏼‍♀️

👆 what she said. Use a different email every week. Since I only have 1 email address, I literally make one up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

There were consistently girls in early seasons who had “just started dancing”, or had only cheer experience. Kelly Jo, Loni Lindsay, Joanna Liad, Terri, Jasmine, and Jordan Chanley were not good dancers. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Tornado said:

29 minutes ago, Amandared said:

Use a different email. I’ve done it 3x so far 🤷🏼‍♀️

10 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

👆 what she said. Use a different email every week. Since I only have 1 email address, I literally make one up.

There are sites where you can make a 10 minute email just for this purposes.

2 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

n the earlier seasons, a girl without dance training had a very good shot of making the squad.

Yeah, I have to agree with this somewhat. I was re-watching the season with Carissa yesterday, and that girl could not dance. Chelsea couldn't dance either and actually made the team her first year. The list goes on and on.

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I thought Christina looked good last night though! *Source: Am not a dancer, don't know anything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I am mystified how Kat or Meredith made this team.  They must really improve.

Lily and Kristen are not so great either.  I am a little surprised on Lily.  At times she looks good and at times not so much.  She is someone a makeover might help her.  She clearly has support from the team.  

• Love 6

Rockstars of the single digit squads vs the trained dancers of the later years.

Who was better?

I think that the amount of untrained dancers in the squads is a clear indicator.

In the early seasons the amount of untrained dancers was much higher than now. Is this so bad? Is dancing ability so important?

The consequences we see before us with Amy as one of the point girls.

28E7964C-513A-4822-8AA8-927B6DB5EFD7.jpeg.adc5dcb5cb4c3b5084223ba7d4c8e7a5.jpeg

I say: give us untrained dancers!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Ladies and gents: here is your co-point

20190906_223606.jpg

WHYYYYYY

20190906_223657.jpg

Was this the girl whose rookie year she hit a sideways pose and K/J said something about flat as a pancake?  I mean, she looked like a 2x4? Or was it Christina?  Cause I'm thinking someone invested in after market DDs.

1 minute ago, hathorlive said:

Was this the girl whose rookie year she hit a sideways pose and K/J said something about flat as a pancake?  I mean, she looked like a 2x4? Or was it Christina?  Cause I'm thinking someone invested in after market DDs.

Christina has definitely had work done -- she's not the first, she won't be the last.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Who was better?

I think that the amount of untrained dancers in the squads is a clear indicator.

In the early seasons the amount of untrained dancers was much higher than now. Is this so bad? Is dancing ability so important?

Depends on what you prioritize looks or talent: I would rather cute girls who are great to amazing dancers than gorgeous girls who have no dance training. It’s a DANCE team. Dance talent should come first. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, TB12 said:

It looked to me during the Charm dancing did Gina have a nose job? I hope not but she looked different to me... 

Gina had definitely something done and this became apparent during the swimsuit shoot.

40 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Depends on what you prioritize looks or talent: I would rather cute girls who are great to amazing dancers than gorgeous girls who have no dance training. It’s a DANCE team. Dance talent should come first. 

It depends on the definition! If it is a dance team, then yes, dance talent should come first. If it is something else, then not!

Edited by Pau84
Edited to add comment
  • Love 1

So, just watched the latest episode.  I'm underwhelmed like everyone else.  Loved the Vet visit.  It's nice to see the girls use those ambassador skills. I did not think Kat and Meredith would be that bad.  Some times K/J harp on things that seem so petty.  But these two really seem to have issues all the way around.  If they wanted girls with a great look who were dance risk but were great communicators, why didn't you pick Malena?  I mean, these two don't seem to dance as well, they have the same memory errors.  So why are they giving people chances this year when they didn't last year?  

As for trained technical dancers...I don't see those skills making the team more interesting or better visually.  No one is doing advanced skills on the turf.  Why not go after girls who can project and are powerful pom dancers, since that is the majority of what they do?  

So confusing.  And while I think leggings should be outlawed in public, man, Shelly B. looked super tone in tonight's episode.  She gets the "most likely" to still fit in the uniform award.  I wonder if tryouts had been an 8 week long process back in the day, how many DCCs would not have made the team?  J/K?????

• Love 2

Well certainly those girls could dance a little bit. Even if they made a lot of mistakes during a routine, they could follow it somewhat. That doesn't amount to they can't dance. Otherwise they wouldn't have made it past prelims or semis. Now I can't dance. I couldn't follow a choreographed routine to save my life. Try to teach me the routine they learn at semis and you'd see a person who can't dance. Lol. I think even the girls who make it to semis can dance even if they mess up and don't make it past that round. The majority of them are able to pick up the choreography and do it. But I guess you could say some of those girls can't dance. Idk

And I think they just need people that can nail the DCC style and look good on the field. Lots of technically trained dancers haven't made the team their first year trying out or ever. You've got to be able to do that. It's nice to see the girls that are good at every kind of dance, but not all of them do all that. 

• Love 4

The old days of pretty non-dancers doing simple choreography is over. Back then the dances were more strutting around with a big smile than what they do today. If the DCC did this show from 2003 today they would be a laughing stock. It's like an elementary school dance recital except with worse technique.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lily80 said:

And she was not permitted to leave training camp for the funerals.

2 hours ago, Lily80 said:

I wonder if Julia is a Taylor from last season--maybe she said something dumb during the media training. I'm with you on Amanda.

Julia works for a network in direct competition with the NBC affiliate the Cowboys have a deal with. They were never putting her on the team.

we will however be stuck with Meredith Lind appearances until that deal changes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

The old days of pretty non-dancers doing simple choreography is over. Back then the dances were more strutting around with a big smile than what they do today. If the DCC did this show from 2003 today they would be a laughing stock. It's like an elementary school dance recital except with worse technique.

I can say the high schools with strong dance teams in the DFW area have far more complex choreography than this.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MTTFan said:

PS - what 50+ woman goes by the name of "kitty?"   i mean no offense, but she doesn't look like a "kitty."

LOL I used to have a 70-something neighbor named Kitty...except she was super nice 🙂 

• Love 1

So, I'm assuming that in order to be a guest choreographer on the show this year, you had to agree to give stickers to Kat, Meredith and Victoria.

Meredith can't even keep the choreo straight when working with KaShara.  She switches from pushing off with her heels to pushing off with her toes for some reason.  I'm with whoever said that Julia had to withdraw from camp cause of the car accident and they kept Meredith and Kat.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Who was better?

Honestly man...if trained dancers gives us point girls like Amy and Maddie that’s an issue.  What kills me is that Maddie’s technique is horrible - so for as much as she’s heralded as this great dancer she’s really only good at tricks and fake hip hop. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The mom on "That 70's Show" is named Kitty, and she is hilarious!!!

Lol, Lisa’s facial feartures actually remind me of the mom on That 70’s show. Like if you took the actress, made her younger, and caked her face with makeup 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I just watched that episode on Pluto. It was definitely Christina. I wonder if comments like that from K&J pushed her to get bigger boobs. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MTTFan said:

PS -  what 50+ woman goes by the name of "kitty?"   i mean no offense, but she doesn't look like a "kitty."

It’s probably the name she was given. Why would she go by something else? What does a “Kitty” look like?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

It’s probably the name she was given. Why would she go by something else? What does a “Kitty” look like?

Either a barmaid in the old west, or a girl serving drinks to rich men, while wearing a bunny costume, in the 1970’s

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Things I learned from attending Rally day at Att stadium.

I met 8 of them. All of them were nice and personable.

Chandi is absolutely gorgeous and so is Erin. 

The locker room is smaller than i pictured in my head but was still very nice. 

Victoria's locker is pretty much stuffed in the corner. If you dont walk in and turn the corner, you'd miss it. 

Their locker room is pretty close to the players. The tunnel is right by their locker room but the cowboys go on through one of the club rooms.

The turf seem like it would be hard to turn on. Hope their boots are super slick.

Lots of security surrounding the girls. 

The DCC didnt dance but the rhythm and blues did. 

Huge pic of Abigail was displayed in the hallway. Out of the whole tour we did, she was the only lone cheerleader displayed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Shady580 said:

Things I learned from attending Rally day at Att stadium.

I met 8 of them. All of them were nice and personable.

Chandi is absolutely gorgeous and so is Erin. 

The locker room is smaller than i pictured in my head but was still very nice. 

Victoria's locker is pretty much stuffed in the corner. If you dont walk in and turn the corner, you'd miss it. 

Their locker room is pretty close to the players. The tunnel is right by their locker room but the cowboys go on through one of the club rooms.

The turf seem like it would be hard to turn on. Hope their boots are super slick.

Lots of security surrounding the girls. 

The DCC didnt dance but the rhythm and blues did. 

Huge pic of Abigail was displayed in the hallway. Out of the whole tour we did, she was the only lone cheerleader displayed.

Who did you end up meeting at rally day 

44 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Honestly man...if trained dancers gives us point girls like Amy and Maddie that’s an issue.  What kills me is that Maddie’s technique is horrible - so for as much as she’s heralded as this great dancer she’s really only good at tricks and fake hip hop. 

Someone needs to tell her that her Ariel tricks all suck.  She has horrible position in the air with ugly feet and legs.  I'm starting to think she was VK star in her studio and was never corrected. How you can put her next to Gina and not wince is beyond me.  And I'm not fully on the Gina train.  But she has excellent technique.

• Love 8