Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

And now I can't remember what Milan said on her podcast😕

She said that she violated the chain of command when she wanted to talk to someone about quitting.  She said they were not to even speak to J/K - that their group leaders and anyone above them were "in charge." She said J/K did a 180 for the show - to make it seem like they were supportive of her taking time off for "mental health" reasons. 

Milan made it point to say she goes to a "hard" school and the others were mostly in JCs, other types of schools - not on the level of SMU.  She did answer the question about the hideous tights - bought specifically from Hooters.  I can understand maybe they would need such dark tights to be seen on the field.  I remember my daughter was always instructed to wear "suntan" Capezio tights and Bloch jazz shoes - that combination was more or less flattering on most and created the best "line" - even now, I can pick out Capezio nude jazz shoes because they color is "off."

I don't remember her - turns out she is from Northern CA and she was in same competitions as my daughter (Showstopper, NYCDA, etc. )

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I may need to take a step back from these forums. Last night I dreamed that I was auditioning for show group, but I forgot the routine right before it was my turn to dance. Shaina the rookie candidate was nice and helped me with the routine. 😳

I thought it was just me who had those dreams 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 8/27/2019 at 12:34 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I love Christina. Is she the strongest? Maybe not, but I love her dedication. It's hard to repeatedly try for something after failing multiples times. And once she finally made it, she stuck with it. Not like the quitters of Kalyssa, Alexandria, Milan, ect.   

Yeah, but seeing her on the team when much stronger candidates like Julia and Shaina were cut is just annoying.  

46 minutes ago, Jennv said:

From what we have seen so far, I cannot comprehend how Meredith and Kat made the team, but Julia did not.

That is because it makes no sense other than to fill a look.  Julia should have been on this team,  it’s absurd they took a few mediocre girls that have a look they want or think they need to fill.  Ticks me off. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Tornado said:

Im stuck at work until 930pm CDT. So hoping to catching the replay of tonights eposode. If I dont catch the replay later this evening i have no other options to watch it...sigh...and tonight is when I lose my Brett

Ahhhhhh...cmt isnt replaying the episode after racing wives. They are playing night at the museum....

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

Im stuck at work until 930pm CDT. So hoping to catching the replay of tonights eposode. If I dont catch the replay later this evening i have no other options to watch it...sigh...and tonight is when I lose my Brett

5 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Ahhhhhh...cmt isnt replaying the episode after racing wives. They are playing night at the museum....

Can you not watch on CMT.com? Episode "should" hopefully be up in the morning.  ETA- Adventures In Dance will repeat 2:30am Tuesday 9/10 if you can DVR it.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
25 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

She said that she violated the chain of command when she wanted to talk to someone about quitting.  She said they were not to even speak to J/K - that their group leaders and anyone above them were "in charge." She said J/K did a 180 for the show - to make it seem like they were supportive of her taking time off for "mental health" reasons. 

Milan made it point to say she goes to a "hard" school and the others were mostly in JCs, other types of schools - not on the level of SMU.  She did answer the question about the hideous tights - bought specifically from Hooters.  I can understand maybe they would need such dark tights to be seen on the field.  I remember my daughter was always instructed to wear "suntan" Capezio tights and Bloch jazz shoes - that combination was more or less flattering on most and created the best "line" - even now, I can pick out Capezio nude jazz shoes because they color is "off."

I don't remember her - turns out she is from Northern CA and she was in same competitions as my daughter (Showstopper, NYCDA, etc. )

About if K&J were there for all practices or not:)  Sorry, I thought I had quoted that.

I wonder if, once training camp is over and they're on the team, if they preform better on the field during actual games? All the pressure and scrutiny is gone (or at least less), and maybe they are able to just let it happen.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Muckypup61 said:

I wonder if, once training camp is over and they're on the team, if they preform better on the field during actual games? All the pressure and scrutiny is gone (or at least less), and maybe they are able to just let it happen.

Not necessarily true...they're monitored all year for weight gain and probably other things we don't have any idea.

3 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I would think so, for most at any rate. I recall that once sweet Brennan made the team and could relax, her dancing was so much better. It is hard to just "let loose" with that tremendous pressure.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I don't know if you've watched season 1 or not, but there was one girl they pulled in and talked to at the very end of TC.  She said she felt the pressure of being scrutinized or something like that.  After she left the office, K&J were kind of like - ok, maybe we need to announce the team now cause they are feeling the stress.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

How did Lisa not make show group! She is a power house! She and Amanda are killing it every time they show them performing! IMO...this is not a strong rookie class...although, I’m not there. I’m saying this just from what they are showing us. 

And, I really like Meredith and Kat, but they seem to be the biggest strugglers in the room. I’m sad to think another couple of girls may have been passed over because of how pretty Meredith and Kat are. I know they are both alternates but still...

I wondered if Lisa was one that didn’t want to be on Show Group...she might not have the time required with some of her career aspirations. Is she someone who is currently working in her field or pursuing secondary education? She’s a smartie and I so appreciate that about her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

A few thoughts here before I put the rest of my notes (LOL) on the episode thread:

I noticed that Kashara had gained a bit of weight when shown tonight. (and good for her, she looks great to me). Maybe she will eventually take over for Melissa R.?

Poor Cheryl, she is like the harbinger of doom when she steps into the room to call a gal into the office. Every time she appears, a hush falls over the studio. They just need to add the sound effects from the shower scene in "Psycho" to complete the mood.

It is hard for me to watch Shaina knowing what sadness is to come into her life later on during TC. I will also miss Brett, she seems like she would be a great friend and teammate. 

After watching tonight, it looks (unless something drastically changes) that Kat and Meredith definitely made the team (apparently as alternates, but still in uniform) based on their looks. Charm, and others have pointed out how "off" they are in their dance and put them in their lowest rankings. I keep thinking about how I would feel if I were one of them and would I be embarrassed to "just" be an alternate or glad I was on the team in any capacity?

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I wondered if Lisa was one that didn’t want to be on Show Group...she might not have the time required with some of her career aspirations. Is she someone who is currently working in her field or pursuing secondary education? She’s a smartie and I so appreciate that about her. 

That’s what I’m thinking as well abt Lisa 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can you not watch on CMT.com? Episode "should" hopefully be up in the morning.  ETA- Adventures In Dance will repeat 2:30am Tuesday 9/10 if you can DVR it.

I need a user name and password for the primary cable tv account holder, which isnt me, so i cant watch it on cmt.com

58 minutes ago, kalibean said:

She is a smartie! Very impressive! Hadn’t thought about the fact that she may be too busy for SG! We may/may not find out (next week) why she and Jaylyn are not on show group. 

1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

A few thoughts here before I put the rest of my notes (LOL) on the episode thread:

I noticed that Kashara had gained a bit of weight when shown tonight. (and good for her, she looks great to me). Maybe she will eventually take over for Melissa R.?

Poor Cheryl, she is like the harbinger of doom when she steps into the room to call a gal into the office. Every time she appears, a hush falls over the studio. They just need to add the sound effects from the shower scene in "Psycho" to complete the mood.

It is hard for me to watch Shaina knowing what sadness is to come into her life later on during TC. I will also miss Brett, she seems like she would be a great friend and teammate. 

After watching tonight, it looks (unless something drastically changes) that Kat and Meredith definitely made the team (apparently as alternates, but still in uniform) based on their looks. Charm, and others have pointed out how "off" they are in their dance and put them in their lowest rankings. I keep thinking about how I would feel if I were one of them and would I be embarrassed to "just" be an alternate or glad I was on the team in any capacity?

Neither one should have made it even as alternates.

and 

FTLOG please, someone, tell Meredith to lose the eyelashes and to have Kat get her teeth done.  Invisilines are quite the thing I hear.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

About if K&J were there for all practices or not:)  Sorry, I thought I had quoted that.

sorry and I meant that she alluded that she really didn’t have access to K/J 

That's what I got out of it - she said something about wanting to talk to them and they tried to put her off???  I don't know - if I told the girls to go thru their GL's, but they still wanted to talk to me - I would make myself available.

12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

And it’s not like she has a nice figure either.   Cannot believe they have her at point.

I would take Amy's figure🙋‍♀️, and her ability to eat pizza without gaining weight.

• Love 11

- I know that the previews are meant to be misleading but it seems like Cheryl wasn’t a fan of Jayln. 

- I really like Julia and Im trying to figure out why she didn’t make the team. 

- They have taken less than 36 before, so I don’t understand the whole alternate situation. 

- after seeing Lauren tonight, i don’t understand how they picked her over Gabby. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

And, here we are on another Saturday, where I've realized Friday evening has passed by and I completely forgot this show was even on. 

That has to say something about how riveting the show is this season that we are waiting with "bated breath" for it to come on.

(I forgot the show was on until I saw the DVR light on my cable box on.  🙂 )

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

- I know that the previews are meant to be misleading but it seems like Cheryl wasn’t a fan of Jayln. 

- They have taken less than 36 before, so I don’t understand the whole alternate situation. 

- after seeing Lauren tonight, i don’t understand how they picked her over Gabby. 

Regarding gabby she was on weight warning all season 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

That has to say something about how riveting the show is this season that we are waiting with "bated breath" for it to come one.

(I forgot the show was on until I saw the DVR light on my cable box on.  🙂 )

You're doing better than me. I haven't even remembered to DVR this season. I mostly put it on as background music as I work on my desk so I use the on demand function. To DVR I'd actually have to go to my TV and this season hasn't exited me enough to do that. 

I'm reading updates now and it doesn't seem like I've missed much.

• Love 5
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

You're doing better than me. I haven't even remembered to DVR this season. I mostly put it on as background music as I work on my desk so I use the on demand function. To DVR I'd actually have to go to my TV and this season hasn't exited me enough to do that. 

I'm reading updates now and it doesn't seem like I've missed much.

I just happened to see a post on Twitter that reminded me. Lately I have just been watching it on demand. It was IMO a much better show tonight. Much more dancing and critiques shown, less fluff and filler. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Ok.  Cheryl Burke.  I was wondering what Jalyn did to The Harbinger of Doom Cheryl 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

This might be an unpopular opinion on this board, but I think Amy is absolutely gorgeous.  

1.jpg

While there's nothing wrong with her looks, this picture is likely Photoshopped.

Amy looks fine, but she needs to lay off the open-mouthed poses on the field.  What ever happened to Kelli calling out the "show me your molars" gals while telling them a pretty smile goes a long way?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

they look beautiful

1885121942_5d6c6b05882c6.image.jpg(750500).png.f75e00748a57ff5ee852f9367543079c.png

LOVE Kelcey! I know it's early, but I do hope she comes back for another year.

And meh ... thought we were going to see #JalynGate and show group auditions, but really liked the Charm scenes. She was strict without being mean. Criticized without being humiliating. And also could be start without shouting. Definitely appreciated that. Also loved the vet visit scenes, was very sweet.

As for Shaina, I can understand why they kept her around as long as they did. She comes across as very, very kind and I think if she does make the team in the future she'd make a great ambassador.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Lona said:

LOVE Kelcey! I know it's early, but I do hope she comes back for another year.

And meh ... thought we were going to see #JalynGate and show group auditions, but really liked the Charm scenes. She was strict without being mean. Criticized without being humiliating. And also could be start without shouting. Definitely appreciated that. Also loved the vet visit scenes, was very sweet.

As for Shaina, I can understand why they kept her around as long as they did. She comes across as very, very kind and I think if she does make the team in the future she'd make a great ambassador.

I liked Denise as well !! 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

Isn't Lisa the one with an engineering degree - biomedical I think - from Arkansas? They did TH on her saying that in college her college adviser said she wouldn't be able to do that particular major and dance at the same time...

BTW: the avg salary for bio med engineering... $$$  (  graphic ) 

With that said - I do  think any field where one might have to work around the holidays (that's when the USO tour is  - b/w christmas and new years, right ?) and/or the summer, being in show group would be hard to do. Also, a job where your deadlines and projects are determined by others - as opposed to picking out your schedule/days/times off.  Even though one is a salary employee - doesn't mean you get off exactly the same time every day or don't have to play catch up over the weekend.  Re-learned that sad lesson myself this week. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

If Gabby was on WW all year, that’s a lot. And they were likely doubly pissed she came in heavy because she looked so fantastic during calendar. That said...I wish they would have kept her anyway. Clean dancer, locker room favorite, desperately needed diversity. If Maddie can yo yo her weight every season, I would like to see that grace for some others too. 

For camp, I assume they had inside knowledge from Lauren’s TCU coaches that she isn’t normally a weight problem and were willing to risk it. Plus she was a little thicker versus wiggly. Whereas Katy from UCLA was an unknown factor and was more wiggly than thick. I’m with Charm on her tho, wish they had given her an opportunity to lean up in camp. She was a strong dancer. 

5 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

This might be an unpopular opinion on this board, but I think Amy is absolutely gorgeous.  

1.jpg

I think Amy is cute as a button! Solid instructor, good friend, very mature. She’s just not strong enough as a point for me. I don’t love Maddie there either, but feel like she’s a stronger dancer. Amy just needs to relax the open mouth smile some. She doesn’t pull off that “woohoo look at my joy, lets party” in the same way Kashara does. The open mouth smile is best used sparingly for sure. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

This week’s observations:  

I am absolutely stumped like everyone else that Meredith and Kat make this team (alternate or not, they still give them a uniform). Then there’s Kristin, a “hard no” for Charm and consistently unnoticed (and un-stickered) by others, and she makes it too.  She’s like a ghost though, we don’t actually ever get to see her dance. What’s going on?!  

Julia looked incredible in last night’s episode so it’s particularly puzzling that they would cut her last and keep other, seemingly mediocre candidates as alternates.  

Lisa and Taylor P got a lot of praise last night.  There seemed to be a lot of “insider” discussion earlier in the summer about them not deserving their spots.  That’s certainly not what we’re seeing so far.  

Shaina seemed quite sweet, and I love her coloring.  It’s painful knowing what’s coming there, and I wonder how much that will be addressed.  

It also seems like Kelli knows she looked like a sniveling fool last season, and this season is being specifically scripted to correct that.  These early, mid-practice cuts, with Judy even saying “I didnt think you were going to cut her tonight” so Kelli could look more decisive and in control this year ... it feels quite contrived.  Subtlety is not the show’s specialty.  

Finally, I’m super interested to see what happens at show group auditions since the preview suggests Jalyn’s audition was so bad that Cheryl Burke questions why she’d make the team?!   

*** edited to add:  I didn’t mention VK once!!!!  You’re welcome.  🤗

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

This week’s observations:  

I am absolutely stumped like everyone else that Meredith and Kat make this team (alternate or not, they still give them a uniform). Then there’s Kristin, a “hard no” for Charm and consistently unnoticed (and un-stickered) by others, and she makes it too.  She’s like a ghost though, we don’t actually ever get to see her dance. What’s going on?!  

Julia looked incredible in last night’s episode so it’s particularly puzzling that they would cut her last and keep other, seemingly mediocre candidates as alternates.  

Lisa and Taylor P got a lot of praise last night.  There seemed to be a lot of “insider” discussion earlier in the summer about them not deserving their spots.  That’s certainly not what we’re seeing so far.  

Shaina seemed quite sweet, and I love her coloring.  It’s painful knowing what’s coming there, and I wonder how much that will be addressed.  

It also seems like Kelli knows she looked like a sniveling fool last season, and this season is being specifically scripted to correct that.  These early, mid-practice cuts, with Judy even saying “I didnt think you were going to cut her tonight” so Kelli could look more decisive and in control this year ... it feels quite contrived.  Subtlety is not the show’s specialty.  

Finally, I’m super interested to see what happens at show group auditions since the preview suggests Jalyn’s audition was so bad that Cheryl Burke questions why she’d make the team?!   

Julia vs Lisa - I asked earlier when there was sooo much Lisa snarkiness going on here re why she wasn't liked.  I never got an answer (other than RBF), so here is what I see:

Julia - Girl should have been the most well spoken of all the girls, but when they did the apartment interview her voice shook and she was very uncomfortable.  Every time the camera pans to her, SHE has an RBF.  And even last night when they showed her dancing and she got praise, I didn't like the dance.  Her head moved but her body just didn't move.

Lisa - Called out for having an RBF but everytime the camera pans her she has a smile with her adorable little Little-Heatheresque teeth.  Every time I have seen her dance she is one of the most powerful out there and giving it all.  Yes, she is a shortie and that isn't a plus for Kelli and her long American thigh dreams.  She seems very intelligent and very driven.  That can certainly turn off some girls who get by only on their looks. 

So, while I have no idea why Julia gets cut, I would take Lisa over Julia at this point based on my knowledge,  But I'd also take Julia over some that made it.

Amanda - While I am on a roll, I was not a fan, but that girl can dance.  Opinion officially changed!

• Love 11
On 8/13/2019 at 12:55 AM, Squeek said:

I find it interesting how every year and especially this year we kept hearing "This is the most talented group we've ever had." and now it's "Wow they suck."  It's went down from 600+ to 150, in a couple years I'll be able to roll out there in my wheelchair and make TC because so few will audition.  This isn't what it used to be and it's sad.

Sorry for chiming in late...I'm a teacher, and got sidetracked with back-to-school stuff.

Anyway, the above quote is what I've been saying for several seasons now.  Kelli's "This is the strongest group we've ever had" hyperbole sounds like Chris Harrison over at The Bachelor: "...the most Dramatic. Season. EVER."

All you have to do is go back to the single-digit seasons and take a quick glance at the beautiful, talented, PHOTOGENIC rock stars that made up the majority of the squad to realize that Kelli is full of boloney.  We're not blind.  That caliber of girl simply isn't trying out anymore. 

Makes you wonder why... Is it more tempting for those girls to try to break into the business by becoming an IG influencer or something?  Auditioning for The Bachelor? It's certainly easier than going through the grueling demands of TC.

Back in early seasons, Kelli, Inc. had TOO MANY fabulous girls who would've made a great point, girls that ticked all the boxes, so to speak.  That's the very definition of "a good problem" (like "having too much money" or "being too thin").

Now their main problem for selecting point girl seems to be "You may choose ONE of the following: a strong dancer, someone with seniority and likeability, or a photogenic girl with plenty of aesthetic beauty."  You can't have all three.  (In some cases, not even two.)

Why?  Because none of the girls this year seem to be the whole package.  Maddi looks like a 15-year-old, Heather is very lovely but doesn't seem powerful, Amy is too stiff and cutesy-looking, and Gina and Lexie dance well but "aren't photogenic" (translation: need nose jobs).

• Love 6

Dance-wise, this is the weakest the team has been in a really long time. I hope they can turn it around next year, but I fear nothing will change as long as the team forms the basis of a reality television show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Based on what I’m watching, the only rookies who should’ve made this team are Julia, Victoria, Taylor, Chandi, Lisa and Amanda. They could’ve gone with a much smaller squad this year. Quite frankly unless Julia expressed something absolutely horrible during media day, NOTHING should’ve kept her off this team. Allowing Meredith and Kat to be a part of this team really cheapens the brand. Although I’d put Kat on the squad over Meredith. They are beautiful sweet girls but can’t do this. You could see how disappointed Kelli was when Charm kept saying Meredith doesn’t have it.

Edited by PrincessLeia
Added Chandi!!!
  • Love 11

I have a request...this is my first season on this forum, and I am probably the only person on this forum who is not on Twitter or who uses Instagram, so I am having some difficulty with all of the abbreviations.  I have figured out a few like IMO and TPTB, but if someone could please list some of the others (RBF, etc.) I would greatly appreciate it!!  Thank you in advance!!

4 minutes ago, nmvrn said:

In the previews for show group auditions, Kelli looked surprised when Cheryl Burke said not this year. I get the feeling that Jalyn was having a bad day and was just out danced.

Omg Kelli’s face when she said that was like what !!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, DCCdazzle said:

I have a request...this is my first season on this forum, and I am probably the only person on this forum who is not on Twitter or who uses Instagram, so I am having some difficulty with all of the abbreviations.  I have figured out a few like IMO and TPTB, but if someone could please list some of the others (RBF, etc.) I would greatly appreciate it!!  Thank you in advance!!

hi !

in my opinion 

the powers that be (Kelli, Judy and Charlotte)

resting b@tch face 

Private message (PM)

hope this helps!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, DCCdazzle said:

iirc - if I remember correctly.

I am not on Twitter or Instagram either and it took me a while to figure out a lot of what is said on here too, so if i can help whenever, just let me know. 😊

• Love 3

Saw the episode for a second time. Posting here because I don't want to let spoilers slip.

Random notes:

Amanda dances well. 

Surprisingly didn't notice VK in a bad way. She blended in nicely. 

Savannah is a great spokes person. Bottom tier dancer but I can see why they keep her. 

Bridget for point but first get her a new bra and top. I think she is photogenic and has a great vibe. Girl can dance.

Heather had a lot more sass and energy in the dance with the last guest. 

I agree that Amy needs to stop with the open mouth smile. Not attractive.

Still salty seeing Maddie's tummy knowing that Gabby was cut for the same tummy. 

We got to see a lot of Shelly in the episode. Love the glasses. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Tornado said:

I need a user name and password for the primary cable tv account holder, which isnt me, so i cant watch it on cmt.com

There should be an option to get a free 24 hr preview. If you don't see it, try clearing your cookies or using an incognito browser. I don't have cable and this is how i watch every week. 

• Love 1