Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Who did you end up meeting at rally day 

Madeline Malloy, Brennon, Alexis, Amanda, Chandi, Lexie, Erin, and Hannah.

Erin, Madeline, and Brennon were the most personable but that was probably how the line of conversation went. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

I just watched that episode on Pluto. It was definitely Christina. I wonder if comments like that from K&J pushed her to get bigger boobs. 

Probably.  I'm shocked Gina hasn't gone under the knife.  It's sad.  So many of these girls look like clones.  I can't tell any of them apart.  And most of them are cute, even if they aren't perfect.  A bigger chest can impede you in so many ways.  I'm saddened Christina felt the need to go bigger.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Shady580 said:

Madeline Malloy, Brennon, Alexis, Amanda, Chandi, Lexie, Erin, and Hannah.

Erin, Madeline, and Brennon were the most personable but that was probably how the line of conversation went. 

Awesome and I’m glad to see the rookies making appearances and not being hidden til the team announcement on show 

2 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

I think CMT is sitting on a goldmine when it comes to KaShara and don't realize it.

She would be fantastic as the mentor (a la Melissa R.) in a show about women who move to Dallas long before DCC auditions so they can participate in the plethora of power pom dance classes offered in the area.  And the dancers should truly be fish-out-of-water in Dallas, like the RoadtoDCC girl who moved from Wisconsin/Minnesota/Michigan/somewhere nortth.

Not only would KaShara's down-home demeanor be perfect as the DCC alumnus who helps, but CMT has a built-in audience already.  She was a fan-favorite and I would guess many, many viewers of DCC: MTT would tune in to a show with KaShara.

And for the record, I am not KaShara's cousin.  Or best friend.  Or know her in any way.  

That is a freaking awesome idea!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, MTTFan said:

PS - what 50+ woman goes by the name of "kitty?"   i mean no offense, but she doesn't look like a "kitty."

Sigh. As a woman of a certain age, there is nothing more exasperating to me than having people tell us what we can and cannot wear, do, or say. And now apparently we have to change our names, too.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Law Mom said:

The old days of pretty non-dancers doing simple choreography is over. Back then the dances were more strutting around with a big smile than what they do today. If the DCC did this show from 2003 today they would be a laughing stock. It's like an elementary school dance recital except with worse technique.

Lawdy those pants look painful!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

It’s probably the name she was given. Why would she go by something else? What does a “Kitty” look like?

I have a friend that uses it as a euphemism for her lady bits. Her “cash and prizes” if you will. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I am genuinely so freaking confused how Meredith and Kat made it, even as alternates, over Shaina, Julia, and Madeline. I'm not hating on Meredith or Kat because I do like both of them, I am so confused. I am praying Shaina, Julia, Madeline, and UCLA Katy, come back and audition next year. All 4 are stunning, have grace, and are beautiful dancers. They would make perfect DCCs. I've even talked to Madeline through Instagram DMs and she was so so so sweet and has so much grace.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

I think CMT is sitting on a goldmine when it comes to KaShara and don't realize it.

She would be fantastic as the mentor (a la Melissa R.) in a show about women who move to Dallas long before DCC auditions so they can participate in the plethora of power pom dance classes offered in the area.  And the dancers should truly be fish-out-of-water in Dallas, like the RoadtoDCC girl who moved from Wisconsin/Minnesota/Michigan/somewhere nortth.

Not only would KaShara's down-home demeanor be perfect as the DCC alumnus who helps, but CMT has a built-in audience already.  She was a fan-favorite and I would guess many, many viewers of DCC: MTT would tune in to a show with KaShara.

And for the record, I am not KaShara's cousin.  Or best friend.  Or know her in any way.  

The last paragraph made me laugh, but this is actually a great idea for a show.  I miss Kashara but she gets to live like a regular person now so I'm happy for her.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Law Mom said:

The old days of pretty non-dancers doing simple choreography is over. Back then the dances were more strutting around with a big smile than what they do today. If the DCC did this show from 2003 today they would be a laughing stock. It's like an elementary school dance recital except with worse technique.

I believe the singer at the end is the oldest DCC ever Linda Badami who was 37 and the mother of 4 when she cheered.

3 hours ago, Jennv said:

Lol, Lisa’s facial feartures actually remind me of the mom on That 70’s show. Like if you took the actress, made her younger, and caked her face with makeup 

There is nothing feminine, girl next door or sexy about Lisa.  The boot swallow up her masculine  legs.  Then you have the RBF.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/23/2019 at 2:26 PM, Dal8las said:

Here is the deliberation vid.

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/n9inub/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-the-panel-deliberates

Where Charlotte gives a look after Melissa saying to she liked Julia.

Also, Seeing Gabby once again, there is legit nothing there to cut her on. Im mad once again ahhaha. Chandi has legit the same body type. Kristin had rolls while doing kicks...and I love Kristin.

This is an outrage.!!!

Such an outrage!

I know this is late but i'm just catching up on this forum. i 100% agree there was nothing to cut Gabby on, especially now after seeing how some rookies are struggling in training camp. Part of me feels like K&J just didn't feel as invested with there as they did the other girls. It's the first time in awhile I've felt so saddened and annoyed by a cut.

I don't think she got enough credit for how good and consistent she was last season tbh. like they never praised her (at least on camera) the way they did other rookies who were either 1) at the same level as her, 2) or were struggling but then had a good few days.

It's so obvious that this "weight" issue she could've resolved quickly, and they should've at least given her that heads up and courtesy in training camp (as we've seen in past season.)

To me this cut felt like they were looking for a reason to cut her and went with the first thing they could nitpick. Kelli talking about the cut seemed so emotionless and matter-of-fact, it was truly heartbreaking. From all the girls reactions it's obvious that not only she was a great teammate but they loved her. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I agree.  I don't get all the "you need technique classes," what they do is not technically difficult.  What they need IMO is people who can learn the routines and are fun to watch.  They had that in the past, it's like the fun is almost gone (again IMO).

Back in the day the squad was more  mixed.... you had girls with technique who were classically trained and girls who weren’t but who could still pick up DCC style. I even remember Kelli saying that the purpose of show group was to showcase their better dancers, The majority of the girls who made it were more advanced. Obviously there were exceptions. 

• Love 4

Gabby got cut because she was on weight watch throughout the season, and she was never one of Kelli’s faves. End of story. May not be fair, Maddie is another one who gets chunky but gets point, but Kelli loveeesssss her for some reason beyond me, so she gets a pass. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Gabby got cut because she was on weight watch throughout the season, and she was never one of Kelli’s faves. End of story. May not be fair, Maddie is another one who gets chunky but gets point, but Kelli loveeesssss her for some reason beyond me, so she gets a pass. 

that's kind of my point. i totally get that there's favoritism which can put girls at an unfair advantage/disadvantage, but this was just so blatant.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

According to an insider upthread, Gabby had an attitude problem and could be snarky.  And I am willing to bet Maddie never gets snarky, or is never caught being snarky, and is "moldable"

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

But there have plenty of only cute DCCs over the years. So they can look like anything. Lol

What does define DCC?  Just curious.

Edit:  Sorry.  Meant to reply to @forumborum.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Reply error.
7 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I am mystified how Kat or Meredith made this team.  They must really improve.

Lily and Kristen are not so great either.  I am a little surprised on Lily.  At times she looks good and at times not so much.  She is someone a makeover might help her.  She clearly has support from the team.  

Meredith does improve. She listened and understood the constructive criticism, worked very hard to get better. That takes discipline and hard work to make it on this world class team.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Who's the best hiphop dancer they have now? My guess would be Maddie.

3 hours ago, Rosie-Brooklyn said:

Who here has been to a DCC related event and who did you meet?

I was at The Star doing a tour when my cousin came to town but my kids were so rowdy I had to take them outside to wait for the tour to end. I happened to be in the right place at the right time because randomly the entire time lined up next to where we were standing in preparation for practice for the holiday show they do in December (they do it every weekend for a month on Fridays and Saturday). 

I was starstruck. The nicest one in the bunch was-- sorry, don't hate me--Maddie by a mile. Everyone was very, very polite but Maddie was engaging and kind. Must be because she is a natural with kids, like some others have mentioned on here. 

They were all in fulllll makeup and hair but had on cute winter clothes because it was 30 degrees out. Still glamorous-- AND TINY. 

I met Kelsey Lowrance at a movie theater the season she made the team.  She was buying candy and a drink at the concession stand (I was shocked!  Shocked, I say!) and I congratulated her on finally making it.  She could not have been sweeter!  I was ready to shuffle off and let her enjoy her movie, but she was ready to have a little conversation.  Clearly, she took her ambassador role seriously, even when she was off duty.  

Also, she was TINY!  Not as tall as she’d appeared on tv.

To keep things on topic, Meredith reminds me a lot of Kelsey in looks and maybe even dance struggles.  Personality?  Not so much.  Meredith is probably a lovely person, just not very outgoing on the show.

• Love 17
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

According to an insider upthread, Gabby had an attitude problem and could be snarky.  And I am willing to bet Maddie never gets snarky, or is never caught being snarky, and is "moldable"

I guess I should've said this earlier but full disclosure I do know her from college (I have been watching  the show since before though), I have spent a lot of time around her, and don't really want to say more than that. We were never friends or close in anyway so I'd have no issue agreeing and saying "yeah she gets like that."

That being said, from all the time I was around her she was nothing but positive, kind, and thoughtful... even in situations where being "snarky" or "rude" would be totally understood and warranted. I've never heard anyone say she's behaved disrespectfully or anything less than pleasant, until reading this forum.

Like I said, we were around each other a lot and if I had any inkling from that experience she would act in that way I wouldn't say anything. From my experience and others with her, that seems way too out of character to be the whole story. Even if one of my best friends gets called out for acting like that I'm not one to vehemently defend them if I suspect it could be true. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Opine said:

That is a freaking awesome idea!

I'm thinking a show that combines dance moves and how to fix carburetors.  Something for all the family members.  She can fix your car and your pirouettes. 

Edited by hathorlive
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is it completely sad/weird/crazy that I have a list of the TCCs/Vets with pics to refer to when making forum posts? Haha (I do this on a PC or I'd take a pic and post it lol)

You are none of those...I have a copy on my phone to reference the girls too...happy to say I know who Bridget & Daphne are now...still struggling with the Maddies/Madeleines tho...we’ll get through this, I assure you...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Do any other TCCs or Vets have a VIDEO on youtube? 🙂

Rachel Wyatt - her talent videos from her pageant days.  Gina Ligi - dancing videos including the cutest one with her sister.  I've seen videos from some alumni from their dance comp days, like Megan Carcioppolo, Holly Powell, Melissa Wallace.  Bridget Jacob, I think.  Oh yeah, Victoria.  You could just enter first and last names and see if there is anything????

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Rachel Wyatt - her talent videos from her pageant days.  Gina Ligi - dancing videos including the cutest one with her sister.  I've seen videos from some alumni from their dance comp days, like Megan Carcioppolo, Holly Powell, Melissa Wallace.  Bridget Jacob, I think.  Oh yeah, Victoria.  You could just enter first and last names and see if there is anything????

Thanks! I will.  Got my trusty list from Wiki

33 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

How Meredith made the team, but Julia was cut is beyond me. 

I can understand why Madeline S. was cut. 

Ignoring VK is kinda nice. 

Still bored though.

VK was point for the rookie performance at the VA hospital.

5 hours ago, Jennv said:

Either a barmaid in the old west, or a girl serving drinks to rich men, while wearing a bunny costume, in the 1970’s

After reading Miss Kitty Jo's obituary I understand Kitty Carter so much better....my sister had a friend called Kitty....whose given name is Merrie Kathleeen (and she's not from the South!)

• Love 1

Open question/post: I just wish if they (dancers)  gained weight over the years, DCC corporate would let them move up a size within reason. A lot of people don’t stop the puberty phase experience until 21. Women are all different builds and should be allowed to bloom a little more or whatever their bodies tend to do. Dancers are highly sensitive about this (used to be one). They aren’t dumb and they know they have to look nice but...does the DCC want Ballet Bolshoi/NYCB bodies (artists of a different element and I appreciate them!) or is the DCC willing to move past the 1970s stereotypical USC Trojan dancer body? If they look hot, who cares if they have a complete six pack? Example: Dallas RB team who are OMG FIRE.

I’d rather have healthy dancers who can complete the choreo/jump split/be good teammates. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

How Meredith made the team, but Julia was cut is beyond me. 

Wasn’t it said Julia removed herself because of a car accident...someone help & confirm...thanks!

6 minutes ago, BBK said:

Wasn’t it said Julia removed herself because of a car accident...someone help & confirm...thanks!

Just speculation honestly.

2 minutes ago, BBK said:

I don’t have CMT...why was MS cut? Thanks 

Hasn't been cut yet, but at this point, seems to lack power.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, BBK said:

No. There was speculation only. 

Edited to add that I have also seen speculation she was cut as a result of media training and/or because she works with a station that competes with the station the Cowboys contract with. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 1