Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Kaelha said:

*First time poster and slightly concerned I’m not doing this right, but A for effort?*

It finally happened. This recent point stuff has brought this long time, super lurker out of lurkdom.

I know the discussion has shifted to final cut and am happy to get right back to that, but I’m still shook. 

Gina was robbed. This has nothing to do with looks - I will never say anything negatively about the way someone looks. In fact, I think Maddie and Amy are both pretty girls. They ALL are. However, I was a big Kash fan and personally think she killed it at point. She was dynamite and those are tough shoes (boots) to fill. You replace a dynamite point with a dynamite point. Gina, to me, has that it factor you want to see in a point. Amy and Maddie are phenomenal dancers, but Gina is someone you can’t look away from when she performs. 

I can’t help but wonder if I’m just confused and disappointed in the shared point decision. Maybe I would feel differently if they had selected just Maddie or just Amy. I’m rooting for everyone and at many times during my lurking I’ve thought to myself “self, I could totally get behind Amy or Maddie as point.” However, when the decision is made to share point... that’s where things get weird for me. If they’re going to do that, why not Gina and Maddie? Why not Heather and Amy? Why not Gina and Heather? *Insert any combination of girls here* I imagine the girls must be wondering the same thing. It’s easier to grasp and accept if just one person is selected. 

At this point (no pun intended?), the decision has been made and I would never wish for point to be taken away from anyone. It’s not their fault this was the decision they came to and Amy and Maddie have both been great DCCs and certainly wonderful ambassadors and deserving of recognition. I just don’t get it, that’s all. 

More importantly, in what DCC world do I live in that Gina is not in the triangle at all?

AMEN TO THIS !

It's just unfair to take away dreams from other more deserving girls.

Like Gina, im Ok with Maddie being point i was rooting for her, but i was hopping at least to see Gina in the triangle, she is a powerhouse dancer and someone that you cant take your eyes apart, but that's just how Kelli works, but im really dissapointed on Gina 😞 

Hopefully we can see a change in the formation through the season, like in the show last year they put Bridget behind lacey but in the season she was behing kelli in the 5th row of the triangle, so we can hope to see gina in the triangle along with heather honestly, those two are the most deserving than Lexie, i dont hate lexie, but i think all of them overdance her.

Edited by bupbupbip
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Amen. 

If We are to believe Kelli is as good at her job as they tell us she is, she can evaluate and have a roster of 36 after a week, two maybe.

This last cut will not impact what any fan/consumer experiences on game day. It will not make or break anything but the show.

And the show is what it is really about now, not the product on the field. 

I think it is done for the reality show but also you never know who can handle the pressure or  who completely falls apart and maybe cant retain the choreography ....what if you cut a girl too soon and she could have been the better fit if only given a little more time to acclimate and you are stuck with someone that in their eyes is a disappointment. I think cutting girls on the last night shows that they are trying to give the girls as much time before a final decision is made ... some rise to the stress others completely break or give up.  Since the girls learn what 20 or more routines no way could you pick a proper team in 2 weeks ...of course this js just my opinion LOL 🙂 !!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Oh and I forgot to address Shelley's move. I've said it once, I'll say it again---after their treatment of Dayton I would have burned it all down in my exit, but the fact that she has moved to a different state and is still working for the organization really disappoints me. 

I am definitely curious to know what she means by “still working.”  Will she be living in Colorado full time and commuting back and forth?  Or is she scaling way back or perhaps taking on a completely different role?  

Her loyalty runs deep for sure.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

It's great that so many fans of other teams are DCC and MTT fans.  I don't think I could do that, though.  I'm an old timer.  This is year 41 of my Cowboys fandom and I've loved the DCC equally as much as the team the whole time.  Watching another squad would be blasphemy.  Kudos to those who can put their love for another team aside and just enjoy the show.

My football team doesn’t have cheerleaders/dancers/etc. Plus, I’m a huge (huge) hockey fan. But this show is almost too good to pass up. 

1 hour ago, itsweird said:

They could be say - rockettes - and I would feel the same.  I just enjoy watching young women trying to achieve their dreams in an elusive world I would never see otherwise.  "I like the wine, not the bottle" (extra points if you get that quote) 😉 

Schitt’s Creek? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

It's great that so many fans of other teams are DCC and MTT fans.  I don't think I could do that, though.  I'm an old timer.  This is year 41 of my Cowboys fandom and I've loved the DCC equally as much as the team the whole time.  Watching another squad would be blasphemy.  Kudos to those who can put their love for another team aside and just enjoy the show.

I live in Pittsburgh and they don't have cheerleaders. However, I'm NOT a Steelers fan (they lost any kindness from me when they hired the puppy torturer Michael Vick), I am actually a die hard Green Bay Packers fan and they don't have professional cheerleaders either, so there's no conflict of me enjoying my "guilty pleasure" of watching MTT! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AerialDancer said:

This is 100% not true. It’s been confirmed here by Shelly in the past that there are no alternates. Also, why on earth would they take a secret alternate that literally no one ever sees?? The all stars fill this role, if needed. lily is just friends with everyone. 

If this is the case, then the "snarky" theory about Lily is false.  To me that would prove that she is incredibly likable.  Otherwise, she would not be accepted into the group.  I mean, we don't see any pics of Victoria with the team outside of training camp.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, dotdot 37 said:

did you ever think K&J might cut more then one? they have taken less then 36 before

I was wondering the exact same thing.  I wonder if there is going to be a blood bath on Friday night and they cut 5 girls for a squad of 32.  At least that way the girls who are cut at the very end aren't alone and singled out by themselves.  They will at least have each other 😐  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

I wonder if there is going to be a blood bath on Friday night ...

Where is everyone seeing that the cut will be on Friday?  I saw it conjectured not proven as for sure.  Did I miss a post?

8 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

If this is the case, then the "snarky" theory about Lily is false.  To me that would prove that she is incredibly likable.  Otherwise, she would not be accepted into the group.  I mean, we don't see any pics of Victoria with the team outside of training camp.

This is something I noticed last season as well.  Maybe one near the beginning of last year's TC but not beyond.  Kind of odd.  Usually we see most of the rookies bonding as they go through the stress and hard work that is TC.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I was wondering the exact same thing.  I wonder if there is going to be a blood bath on Friday night and they cut 5 girls for a squad of 32.  At least that way the girls who are cut at the very end aren't alone and singled out by themselves.  They will at least have each other 😐  

And with that smaller squad, ALL the returning vets can cycle forward during some portion of Thunderstruck. 😜

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

What you see as cruel, Kelli sees as drama that could translate into higher ratings. It’s ALL about the reality show now, folks, which is the main reason for the decline in the team’s quality. 

In that case..

If you’re reading this Kelli: cutting VK would be great drama. 

Side note, I’ve noticed that after Heather’s subtle work she’s had done on her face, there are some pics where she looks extremely similar to Brennan. Sometimes I need a double take to realize it’s H and not B. Has anyone else found that to be the case?

Side note part 2, Heather and Gina were both robbed. Amy Maddie and Lexie, while I’m sure they have nice personalities, would be better suited for row 3 or 4. 

E53879B4-A4C8-44A0-8B04-F23F22D83D18.jpeg

1D374865-7B02-49C8-B07A-F6FB292CE7C9.jpeg

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Where is everyone seeing that the cut will be on Friday?  I saw it conjectured not proven as for sure.  Did I miss a post?

I don’t know.. I was speculating bc it sounded like TC was extended to the end of the week 😬

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

In that case..

If you’re reading this Kelli: cutting VK would be great drama. 

We all know that is not going to happen.  We just need to accept it and move on.

Is it highly unusual for a SG to not make the squad?  I am sure it has happened, but how many times?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, allitator said:

Can I just say, in the final days of anticipation for the squad to be finalized, that I am truly grateful to have come across this board?

Because by day I’m actually a very successful and fully functioning adult, and by night (for years) I have binge-watched the show and obsessed over this team to no end, and it’s absolutely fantastic to have found a group of other people who do, too! ❤️

Yes!  Isn't it nice to know you're not alone! :)

• Love 8

Of remaining candidates (besides returning members)

Amanda, Victoria and Kelsey will make it because they are SG

Chandi and Kat because diversity

Which leaves Kristen, Lily, Lisa, Meredith and Taylor to be one of the ones to be cut.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

It is so sad the retiring vets post doesn't include Gabby. Must be so upsetting to be cut as a vet.

When you're cut, you didn't retire.  But I agree it has to be incredibly upsetting (devastating even) to be cut as a vet. 

3 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

Of remaining candidates (besides returning members)

Amanda, Victoria and Kelsey will make it because they are SG

Chandi and Kat because diversity

Which leaves Kristen, Lily, Lisa, Meredith and Taylor to be one of the ones to be cut.

I’m saying brunette so cutting your predictions down to Kristen, Lisa or Meredith. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

My football team doesn’t have cheerleaders/dancers/etc. Plus, I’m a huge (huge) hockey fan. But this show is almost too good to pass up. 

Schitt’s Creek? 

Huge hockey fan here as well!  I used to go to Toronto on a monthly basis (dated a Canadian who was working in the states) and watch the Maple Leafs play (don't groan...they're my fave team and have been for years 🙂 but they do struggle)....Air Canada Centre was an awesome place to visit!  

I have been addicted to the show since season 1...and even though I get frustrated, I'll keep watching it as long as it's in production 🙂 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, jlc said:

They did it to Kyndall, so they have no problem doing it again.

I always thought that was awful of them to do.

3 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Redskins fan here!

HEYYYY...same here 🤡🤡😂😂

2 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

Are they?  How do you know?

If I knew how to insert an Instagram photo I would, but Alanna has a pic from April of her and Lily and the caption says “Roomie Appreciation Post” and goes into how they met the day they moved into their apartment.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

Are they?  How do you know?

They are...Alanna made a reference to "best roomie ever" when they both made TC back in June 🙂 

4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

That was so hard to watch. 

It was heart wrenching, because i think Kendall would have been awesome as a DCC. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6

At this point, I think likely that all that remain would be good DCCs.  It doesn't just come down to the wire and there be an obvious pick.  I would have to give it to the ones that have put in the most time and effort, along with the ability to mesh well in the locker room.  Nothing sucks more than having to work with people with bad personalities.  One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

At this point, I think likely that all that remain would be good DCCs.  It doesn't just come down to the wire and there be an obvious pick.  I would have to give it to the ones that have put in the most time and effort, along with the ability to mesh well in the locker room.  Nothing sucks more than having to work with people with bad personalities.  One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

Amen!!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kayce said:

It was heart wrenching, because i think Kendall would have been awesome as a DCC. 

I think she would have been a great addition to the squad.  Super cute and seemed very approachable. 

• Love 21
52 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Side note, I’ve noticed that after Heather’s subtle work she’s had done on her face, there are some pics where she looks extremely similar to Brennan. Sometimes I need a double take to realize it’s H and not B. Has anyone else found that to be the case?

YES!  I'm glad to hear someone else sees this & it's not my eyeballs going nuts!

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, go4luca said:

That was so hard to watch. 

It was very hard to watch but I admire Kyndall so much for the way she handled the situation.  Pure class and no major meltdown.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

When you're cut, you didn't retire.  But I agree it has to be incredibly upsetting (devastating even) to be cut as a vet. 

They made a point of saying this last episode:  once a DCC, always a DCC.  You would hope that after a year in, you would still be treated with some respect for time served.  

• Love 6

You all do realize they cut Lily’s hair and made it darker on makeover day... I also think it looked better when it was bright and long and curly! That wasn’t her choice. She’s tried to maintain the look they gave her in TC last year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

They made a point of saying this last episode:  once a DCC, always a DCC.  You would hope that after a year in, you would still be treated with some respect for time served.  

If the respect was deserved, you would think.  But the DCC is its own insular world with its own set of rules.  Even when those rules are visibly bent to make certain allowances.

Edited by go4luca
clarification
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If the respect was deserved, you would think.  But the DCC is its own insular world with its own set of rules.  Even when those rules are visibly bent to make certain allowances.

I just sent you a message but I think I figured out what it means now...sorry if I sounded crazy.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, J-R said:

I just sent you a message but I think I figured out what it means now...sorry if I sounded crazy.

Got it and no worries!  I'll get you back, LOL. 😂😉

• LOL 1
37 minutes ago, DccinTN said:

You all do realize they cut Lily’s hair and made it darker on makeover day... I also think it looked better when it was bright and long and curly! That wasn’t her choice. She’s tried to maintain the look they gave her in TC last year. 

I noticed the orange T....I'm a HUGE Vols fan 🙂 and yes I agree about her look last year...I liked it better.