Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

57 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

Seriously, this is not about the average girl who eats Doritoes and milkshakes on the daily.  This is about a disciplined, fit, skilled, educated girl.  Racial diversity is boring to me.  How about recognizing the most skilled regardless of whatever the hell color they are?

Because an all white squad just won"t cut it.  If they were all black or all Asian or all Latina, that wouldn't be right either.  And when you factor in the cookie cutters who are not great dancers, the most skilled argument goes out the window.  America's Sweethearts should represent all of America, not just skinny caucasians who look alike.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

"Sorry, you are better than her, but we have already met our skin color quota for you."

Ironically, that seems to be how they feel about the women of color.  The quota is for the minorities, not the whites.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, go4luca said:
8 hours ago, tacosandtequila said:

I agree!! But I doubt they would a 3-year as point over 4-5 years!

Why not?  Didn't they do so already?  It shouldn't rely on seniority.  It should have to do with who has strong dance skills in the DCC style and the sparkle to sell it.

Kashara was a third year as point and had she come back for a 5th year she'd have more than likely kept point.  Think that's pretty obvious.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

FTLOG...I weighed them about two weeks ago, before I left and three other times before then, not that it is anyone’s biz. Target means target. There’s hardly a TC season that doesn’t start with a few extra pounds, who knows why. But, it only takes a sit down to address and it’s fixed. Most of the time, they are already aware. They each have their own specific weights that they need to maintain and my last weigh in, they were all golden! 

@ShellyB You go!  I love the fact you're here and don't hold back!!

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Kashara was a third year as point and had she come back for a 5th year she'd have more than likely kept point.  Think that's pretty obvious.

Not sure if your post was aimed at me or ?  I was responding to the OP who doubted  a 3rd year would be chosen over a 4th or higher vet.

6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

FTLOG...

This literally made me laugh out loud! 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Ironically, that seems to be how they feel about the women of color.  The quota is for the minorities, not the whites.

the best should win.  I hope we can agree upon that.

6 hours ago, HideyYall said:

About WW, I have a friend who is in perfect shape.  She is a lifetime WW member.  Although she looks great, she still goes to weigh in and to meetings because it simply keeps her focused and motivated.  I can't imagine what these girls eat in order to gain any weight.  Can you imagine how many calories they burn in practice each night?  How on Earth would one gain weight burning that many calories??

You realize WW stands for weight warning not Weight Watchers right?  They don't use Weight Watchers.

5 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Random.. but was Nick Flores involved at all with training camp this year? 

Yes

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

@HideyYall  It's episode 11 in season 13, only a few minutes in - if you are able to watch old seasons, that is:)

I still find it interesting that the year VK tries out, Kelli switches it up and has other people give out stickers.  That way the decision was not 100% hers.

Actually GL and guest choreo have had stickers for as long as she's been using them.  Before that they were brought into the office to give opinions and their opinions counted, this is nothing new.

7 hours ago, HideyYall said:

Do the team leaders or anyone on the last year's squad get a say so in who is selected?  I mean, do they get stickers to place?

GL and working alum, Jenn and Kash, last year Jinelle, get an opinion.

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Cruising Twitter tonight...someone pls remind me how many returning vets?  Also in previous years how long has it normally taken for the new rookie twitters to appear after Squad Announcement?

27 returning vets.  Generally takes a week or two to get Twitter, near first game.

@go4luca Never posted anything aimed at you hun, not sure what you posted I was just responding to a post.

@DCCFanInKy You wanted their IG's right?  That's what is on this list.

Rookies:
Alexandra Pena @alexandra.micaa (reported cut)
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers) (Show Group)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) (reported cut) 
Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers) (reported cut)
Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (reported cut)
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD) (reported cut)
Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska) (Show Group)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl) (reported cut)
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU) (reported cut)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl) (reported cut)
Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen (Suns Dancer)
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year) (Show Group)

Vets:
Alanna Tarango @yomamaalanna / 2nd year
Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn / 3rd year (Group 2nd #3)
Amber McMillan @amber.nicolee13 / 2nd year (Show Group)
Amy Leonall @amy_nicole_l / 5th year (Group Leader #1)  (Show Group)
Ashlee Ford @ashlee_nobanks  / 2nd year (Show Group)
Brennan Cook @brennanashley / 2nd year
Briana Baisden @bri_channelle / 2nd year
Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge / 2nd year (Show Group)
Caroline Sundvold @carolinebrock95 / 2nd year (Show Group)
Christina Riccelli @christina_riccelli / 3rd year
Cianna Levi @cicilevi / 2nd year (Show Group)
Daphne Janes @daph7 / 2nd year (Show Group)
Erin Sauerhage @erin__margaret / 2nd year
Gina Ligi @ginaa_mariaaa / 3rd year (Group 2nd #4) (Show Group)
Hannah Anderson @hannahelizabeth95 / 2nd year (Show Group)
Heather  O'Connor @heathertherese94  / 4th year (Group Leader #3) (Show Group)
Jalyn Stough @jalynstough / 2nd year
Lexie (Sullivan) Smith @lexiejillsmith / 3rd year (Group 2nd #2) (Show Group)
Madeline Massingill @madeline_massingill / 4th year (Group Leader #2) (Show Group)
Madeline Molloy @madeline_molloy / 2nd year
Miranda Tims @mirandatims / 3rd year (Group 2nd #1)
Molly Neumeister @mollyneumeister / 3rd year
Rachel Alexander @rachalexan / 3rd year (Show Group)
Rachel Wyatt @rachelyukiwyatt / 2nd year (Show Group)
Savannah Heineken @saaavy / 3rd year
Taylor Johnson @_taylorjanej / 2nd year
Tess Guidry @misstessguidry / 4th year (Group Leader #4)  (Show Group)

Think I'm caught up now.  LOL

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:
49 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

so don't pick the best?

The answer to this will largely depend on what you consider 'the best'. 

This too is nothing new.  Look back at like Jordan Chanley (no offense to her) but they fully admitted she was the WORST dancer in the room but kept her because of the support she had from the rest of the squad.  I can think of several others they've done this with.  

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

the best should win.  I hope we can agree upon that.

Absolutely, but you can't convince me that more women of color are not among the best.  I know better.  Their preferences get in the way of the best squad possible. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Insiders, what did Gina do? And don't tell me she got outdanced because that isn't possible, so what was it? Sneaking Vikkie milkshakes on the DL? Kicked Ked's cat? Did they mistake her for Dayton? Was she banging a football player? WHAT WAS IT? Because there is no way this is about dance...none. 

Maybe Gina gave VK some feedback/advice re: her dancing (and we all know how that would go over)…

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Weeklydcc said:

Absolutely, but you can't convince me that more women of color are not among the best.  I know better.  Their preferences get in the way of the best squad possible. 

I don't know if they are as good or not.  Neither do you.  I was complaining earlier that we don't get to see much of their dancing on the show.  Nor do we see how they interact with the other girls.  We simply don't know.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

I don't know if they are as good or not.  Neither do you.  I was complaining earlier that we don't get to see much of their dancing on the show.  Nor do we see how they interact with the other girls.  We simply don't know.  

But surely you agree that regardless of one's color, the best dancer should gain a position over someone who is not quite as good.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Fansince1 said:

Didn't the candy pics from last week celebrate the last Friday night in TC? So it would stand to reason that squad could be announced tonight. Or has TC been extended?

Yes they did.  I expect the team to be finalized tonight from what I know.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

If they were all black or all Asian or all Latina, that wouldn't be right either. 

Speaking for myself, I don't have an issue with this.  I'm imagining a group of 36 women who get together & practice Thunderstruck for a couple hours every day and have it down to a science.  They can kick to their foreheads, their technique is flawless, and they're thin as rails.  Also, they all happen to be black/Asian/Latina.  I think it would be a shame if they all didn't make it.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, HideyYall said:

But surely you agree that regardless of one's color, the best dancer should gain a position over someone who is not quite as good.  

Yes, which is why more women of color should be on the squad.  The implication that the whites are all better year after year after year is bull.  Like someone else said, it's systemic.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Speaking for myself, I don't have an issue with this.  I'm imagining a group of 36 women who get together & practice Thunderstruck for a couple hours every day and have it down to a science.  They can kick to their foreheads, their technique is flawless, and they're thin as rails.  Also, they all happen to be black/Asian/Latina.  I think it would be a shame if they all didn't make it.

In theory, that's true.  In reality, the pitchforks would come out if there were no Caucasian women on the squad.  And rightly so.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Yes, which is why more women of color should be on the squad.  The implication that the whites are all better year after year after year is bull.  Like someone else said, it's systemic.

Yeah - this whole conversation is making me feel icky.  TPTB need to get with the times...

• Love 9
13 hours ago, ShellyB said:

👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼...I’ll be there Thursday and Friday next week, come by then!! 

OMG SHELLY!! girl imma be out of town then smh! However, when we do finally meet up can we do THUNDERSTRUCK on the front lawn next to Cowboy fit and the Nike store? My yard lines on point....

Also, can you ask CMT to get rights to certain songs so we can actually hear what songs the girls are dancing to? I mean I love me some Pitbull, but like for every dance shown its "Its going down im yelling TIMBER!!". 

Also, can you ask CMT to show us more dancing during Training Camp...the side by sides are great, but I would like to see a full routine. I mean SHELLO 

giphy.gif

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Making the team is about more than just being the best dancer. The greatest dancers can be in the room but won’t make it if they don’t have a good interview or ability to speak to media. Also they must look good on camera and in the uniform.  She also has to mesh well with the team and bring something to the table other than just dancing great.  The DCC requirements are a pretty tall order for any young lady. Regardless of color only the ones with the total package will make it.

Edited by flightlevel
Changed word
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, HideyYall said:

Seriously, this is not about the average girl who eats Doritoes and milkshakes on the daily.  This is about a disciplined, fit, skilled, educated girl.  Racial diversity is boring to me.  How about recognizing the most skilled regardless of whatever the hell color they are?

Im all here for that as well most talented wins a spot, but they do have a "type" of girl regardless of dancing it seems. Like I said earlier, the same with Victoria Secret its getting boring...Also when girls that are actually good dancers seem to be left by the wayside so another cute blonde girl can make it in and dance at the back of the pyramid for three years it doesn't make sense. Also, the top dancers don't seem to always make it. Now of course there is the whole checklist they have to make it in, but some girls seem to be immune to certain categories 

ex. Training Camp Amy she was on the season where Maggie, Tess, the Heathers made it on the squad. Anyways she tried out for 5 years never made the squad. She was good dancer, had a good body, was pretty, and eloquent...still never makes it do to I think memory which seems farfetched.

dcc-girl.gif

While Breelan, Ashley same year as Breelan, Kat, and Christina etc types all make it even though they have never been strong dancers. Some of these girls don't seem to have nice personalities, their bodies are ok, and their looks bleh. However, they somehow seem to survive cuts and make the team even if for a year. It is wild that there are only 2 black DCCs, no Asian DCCs, I think Tess might be Hispanic..it needs to become more exclusive. Now of course again these girls have to want to tryout, but it seems like for every girl of color, 5 more blonde white girls get in just based off look. 

It's what I said about the DCC style its bland and seems to fit the old 1970s vibe. I want more girls that can actually dance dance not memorize steps and float through the moves.

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

In theory, that's true.  In reality, the pitchforks would come out if there were no Caucasian women on the squad.  And rightly so.

Kelli herself has said on the show that they often don’t take the “best” dancers, they take the dancers that will fit best with the DCC. The DCC is not a politically correct group and they most likely never will be. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Powerhouse Kelli Quinn didn’t make it on the team for quite awhile, even when CMT highlighted her dancing over K explaining they were looking for powerful dancers.  How she was overlooked, I don’t know.  

I have a feeling, in the next few years, the choices will be just ok, so someone else does not get over danced.  Kelli is going to set up her star to be successful in all areas.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Not sure if this video with Meredith was ever shared before.  Just came across it myself...

She's a decent dancer I guess...but her looks are stunning.  

• Love 1

I find the race issues to be ridiculous. There have always been DCC of color, going back to the early days of the squad. There were black DCC in the 70s and 80s including the Baker sisters and Regina Pidgeon, all of whom are legendary. Currently there have been rock stars like Nicole Hamilton, Tia Williams, and Ally Traylor. Jenna got away with breaking the fraternization rules while drinking with an underage girl and she wasn't released. You could point out that Tia was a known partier while Amy Reece was cut for partying. There have also been Jewish DCC, as well as girls like Yuko who can't speak English and are allowed to miss practice for visa issues. The NFL in general is frankly way ahead of the curve when it comes to being progressive. The coaches have the Rooney rule to ensure opportunities for coaches of color, and the legendary Vince Lombardi had an openly gay brother and was well known for forbidding homophobic talk or behavior on his staff.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Kayce said:

She's a decent dancer I guess...but her looks are stunning.  

I really hope she makes it. They have let a ton of girls on the team for looks alone, she should be one of them.

• Love 1

I mean there have been blatant moments where the DCC could have made a change, but instead stayed the same old systematic blonde girl safe theory.

Dried up ex but listen, It goes back to when Kashara became point. Can she dance? yeah, is she pretty? yeah, is she the best the DCC had?...NO Maam. Robin would out dance her in the the diamond. Robin imo should have been point. Then Kashara could have been point her 4th year I would have been down for that, but her 3rd year idk.

Same thing with Jenna, did she break contract? yes, she done screwed up. Which cost her point position and pro bowl opp...However Whitney Isleb legit did blackface and got to not only stay at point, but become a pro bowler....lets be real its time for some re-evaluation.

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 19
58 minutes ago, Route66 said:

I find the race issues to be ridiculous. There have always been DCC of color, going back to the early days of the squad. There were black DCC in the 70s and 80s including the Baker sisters and Regina Pidgeon, all of whom are legendary. Currently there have been rock stars like Nicole Hamilton, Tia Williams, and Ally Traylor. Jenna got away with breaking the fraternization rules while drinking with an underage girl and she wasn't released. You could point out that Tia was a known partier while Amy Reece was cut for partying. There have also been Jewish DCC, as well as girls like Yuko who can't speak English and are allowed to miss practice for visa issues. The NFL in general is frankly way ahead of the curve when it comes to being progressive. The coaches have the Rooney rule to ensure opportunities for coaches of color, and the legendary Vince Lombardi had an openly gay brother and was well known for forbidding homophobic talk or behavior on his staff.

Yes, but for every 5 DCCs of color there are 20 caucasian girls my love.

Amy Reece gained weight and was cut so that ex idk if I would go with that against Tia.

The NFL is def not progressive...I mean they are fining people for petitioning. Which in this country is a constitutional right, so thats not right. I mean one of the biggest sponsors Papa Johns is hella racist..idk if they are still sponsors because so many things come in and out nowadays...but lets be real. Just recently the NFL seem to want to be progressive, that is do to them losing viewers after these last few years. 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Yes, but for every 5 DCCs of color their are 20 caucasian girls my love. Amy Reece gained weight and was cut. THE NFL is def not progressive...I mean they are fining people for petitioning. Which in this country is a constitutional right, so thats not right . I mean one of the biggest sponsors Papa Johns is hella racist..idk if they are sponsors anymore because so many things come in and out nowadays...but lets be real. Just recently they seem to want to be progressive because they are losing viewers after these last few years. 

Thank you!  I wasn't sure how to reply to that without starting a fight.  

• Love 8

So Kristin has an insta story of her dancing in a class and the teacher tagging her saying “I’m proud of all you have accomplished, keep going” which could mean she was cut, she made the team, or nothing has happened yet. So yeah, basically tells us nothing but I thought I would throw it out there, lol

• LOL 6
20 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

My husband is a diehard Redskins fan and thinks it's blasphemous that I watch DCC. 😆

I knew about the DCC before I ever actually started watching the game (from the 70’s - Love Boat, all that).  Anyway, I didn’t start watching the game until my freshman year of high school.  And I actually liked both the Redskins and Cowboys.  Well you can imagine that didn’t go over well.  Talk about blasphemous!  I only liked the Cowboys because of DCC.  What can I say, I was such a newbie.  But alas, I had to choose and of course, Redskins won!

Now of course, as a seasoned football and Redskins fan, I can never root for the Cowboys!

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Are the white girls the best dancers in Texas or are they the ones who show up for auditions because the team owners and team managers are looking for qualities that white dancers tend to have?  Can we ask why Kelli and Judy talk about highly technical dancers when what they mean to say is "dancers who have enough money to pay for competitive contemporary studios".  DCC a cheer team that is closer to power pom than lyrical.  So why aren't those the qualities DCC look for? When was the last time a sideline routine had a double pirouette turn in it?  The dance moves aren't complicated and could be taught to any dancer of any background from any style.  Yet they persist in picking the same barbies season after season.

DCC  won't find a diverse set of people until they start looking for diverse styles of dance.  And by that, I don't mean girls from Utah "hitting" hiphop.  They could fix this by encouraging different studios to audition.  Or maybe give spots in training classes to studios who have a diverse membership.  Part of the allure of DCC is that every guy can look at a girl who is his "type" and that his daughter can see a girl who looks like here on the field.  When  you stop appealing to people from a diverse background, you tend to become irrelevant. 

GAGGING at this. Hit the target in the throat perrioodd "girls from Utah "hitting" hiphop." I canning right now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7