Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Watching first episode . 

Good lord Lily looks like a young girl last year and a hardened older woman this .

Never been a fan of her inexpressive face but now she just looks old and rough. Not soft and wholesome. 

How she’s still in TC is beyond me.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

She did. 

Come on, she had braces? How is that even possible not being funny isn’t that what braces do they correct an overbite? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RockYou said:

Watching first episode . 

Good lord Lily looks like a young girl last year and a hardened older woman this .

Never been a fan of her inexpressive face but now she just looks old and rough. Not soft and wholesome. 

How she’s still in TC is beyond me.

Thank you! She seems sweet but gives me serious old lady vibes.

068954F2-0F00-43D0-AD8F-7D2D255C3B29.jpeg

Edited by SingleMom9
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Didn't someone say they were told by someone working the auditions that there was 142? Difference of 30 girls, but I don't have a DVR to pause or to count the girls (or just didn't get the right angle when the girls were in the stands). If there were truly 112 girls, sending only 11 girls home doesn't make for as good a photo op and it's infinitely worse for the girls who DO get sent home because they look around and say "Am I really so bad that only x number of girls were sent home?"

Whether or not its 112 or 142, it's still really low compared to the numbers Kelli & CMT give us. I get that its a gimmick, but its such a stupid thing to lie about. It's like quibbling over the size of inauguration crowds. There are other ways to frame the turnout such as talent level, dance experience, ethnic range (although not so much in the case of this year), how many states represented, ect.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Tootie said:

https://prodancecheer.com/nfl/cowboys/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-2013-finals-auditions-cowboys-stadium/

This article is from 2013 DCC auditions.  It says there were 32 returning vets that year.

That was the year Collin, Kali & Teri were cut at auditions, Courtney quit before TC and Chelsea was cut during TC.  They ended up with only 27 vets, but 32 showed up for auditions.  That is the most that I can recall...

Someone should Tweet that article to Kelli! And to think she gets mad at training camp candidates when they don't know any facts about the Cowboys organization!

• Love 6

@ShellyB can you help us out with names for these six finalists?

4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Hey ladies! Tootie, I just sent you my list, but thought it might be helpful to post the pics here of the ones I'm still missing so we can compare notes. I have everyone except these 7:

#71479664630_7DCC-Finals-Solos-2-44.thumb.jpg.e7f1c39ca6c28d3f859f8a73b4cae4c6.jpg

1144101304_39DCCfinalsecgwwjwpyrohvql2lgmk.thumb.jpg.2be23df8a0f42d574cd3750f1fae1a60.jpg

#4772442369_47DCC-Finals-Solos-62.thumb.jpg.0398c0a75f23c399e0844a514508b1a8.jpg

2060908148_65DCC-Finals-Solos-102.thumb.jpg.ebdc3cf0624e8f963dcf746dc2d2f033.jpg

532922617_34xgxgjwinth8akb4uqkrn.thumb.jpg.94094895c41d64eb58873f50f1a4aefc.jpg

2080438518_73DCC-Finals-Solos-122.thumb.jpg.80729c9129e76db7524e848da4923912.jpg

2 hours ago, SingleMom9 said:

I think it’s interesting that Lily is always with the vets.

Lily was in the same rookie class as the 2nd year vets and probably forged several friendships.  She did make it to the next to last night of TC so this makes sense.  Same for friendships with upper vets.  

I've seen Lily in several DCC photos on IG since last year.  She does seem well liked.

• Love 17

Any updates on who has been cut in training camp? I haven’t been on the boards. I tried sifting through some pages and gave up. Basically wondering if VK is cut yet haha 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Any updates on who has been cut in training camp? I haven’t been on the boards. I tried sifting through some pages and gave up. Basically wondering if VK is cut yet haha 

0C076586-A5DF-4AC4-B658-B80E41D34AC5.jpeg

• Love 2
On 8/3/2019 at 10:13 AM, SmpIsimon said:

Lisa is rubbing a lot of the vets the wrong way.  Not sure if that'll translate into her getting cut or not though.

Seems some gossip is getting muddied as it crosses down under. Lisa is a gem and very well liked. Think taller and more red-headed.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, CmplxSimon said:

Seems some gossip is getting muddied as it crosses down under. Lisa is a gem and very well liked. Think taller and more red-headed.

Really?  Even after everything that has gone on?  That's if I am thinking the right person.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, CmplxSimon said:

Just reporting what I’ve heard.  And as far as “very well-liked,” I don’t think all of Lisa’s former DMD teammates would agree. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Someone should Tweet that article to Kelli! And to think she gets mad at training camp candidates when they don't know any facts about the Cowboys organization!

FFR! 

41 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Dare I say that in this group shot, VK looks lovely?  Both her hair and her smile are calm, under control, and she pretty much looks nothing like she normally does at all.  

I agree. 

42 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Just reporting what I’ve heard.  And as far as “very well-liked,” I don’t think all of Lisa’s former DMD teammates would agree. 

I've been around Lisa and her former teammates, and didn't notice any hostility.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh I agree! But knowing what some of those girls are like, that’s a GOOD thing.

Edited by CmplxSimon
To be more clear
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Lily was in the same rookie class as the 2nd year vets and probably forged several friendships.  She did make it to the next to last night of TC so this makes sense.  Same for friendships with upper vets.  

I've seen Lily in several DCC photos on IG since last year.  She does seem well liked.

Alanna posted on IG back in April that her and Lilly were roommates.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I’m concerned that Lily will get labelled “toxic” and kicked off training camp because of the shade thrown at VK in the first episode. It would have been easy to overlook the deadpan “come join us” at the time, maybe not so much now that the audience has noticed, put it on blast and are sniggering about it 😬

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Dare I say that in this group shot, VK looks lovely?  Both her hair and her smile are calm, under control, and she pretty much looks nothing like she normally does at all.  

I agree. 

I noticed Jerry Jones’ granddaughter Haley in the front. She probably has a lot of these nice perks!

16 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

But for the love of all that’s holy, please someone advise her to work on how she holds her mouth when not speaking.

Also, when she is speaking and the words her mouth is forming.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I agree; she looks very DCC in this photo

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CmplxSimon said:

If I was Shania and they turned my hair that awful shade of red, I’d be bitter too. To TPTB, there are more than 1 or 2 shades of every hair color, why not try them next season. 

I love Kat and hope she makes the team. I found it odd that they didn’t mention her tenure as Miss NC Teen USA.

I’m not a fan of Amanda, even though I know they mentioned they would put her in the uniform right now. Not sure why she isn’t a favorite, but she’s just not. 

I hope Kristin makes it, however I’d cut Lily. Her look is too harsh. I’m almost in the same boat with Julia, but she would be a decent replacement for Tasha.

There are quite a few girls that I would have given their TC spot to Gabby. I’m still curious on why she was the sacrificial lamb this season. She’s cute as a button and very well liked. 

• Love 5

I got a vibe I didn't like from Amanda, too.  There is a difference between having dreams, goals and ambition and being "I want to be famous" driven.   I have lost a few siblings and it was awful.  However, her interview and tears didn't seem genuine to me.  It seemed like she was doing that for attention, too.  Maybe I am more sensitive, as I have lost my own, but it just sat wrong with me.

• Love 17

So if we assume the show group rookies won’t get cut, there are six spots open. My six five: Kat, Chandi, Kristin, Lily, Lisa. I’m not sure on a sixth. I’m not a fan of Julia’s look, but maybe her? I liked her dancing. Nobody else stood out yet. 

6E1C5815-C938-4A44-876C-F8044859A49C.jpeg

Assuming Amanda and Kelcey make the team (since they are already in SG) and VK obviously makes it because of favoritism, how many more slots are available to reach 36?

Hoping the comeback girls like Kristen and Lily make the team.  I'd hate to see either one get cut and VK (not deserving of a spot) still be on the team.

Looking at that list, there are too many girls with professional and college dance, cheer, pom background that won't make the team.

Boogles my mind how VK made the team with NO background in a team setting.  Ugh.

• Love 10

Hi! First time poster here. In regards to the whole "how many girls actually tried out" debate - I believe the magic of TV editing is throwing everyone off a bit. I think the shots where the girls are sitting and listening to Kelli give her speech are the semi-finalists. NOT the initial tryout group on Day 1. Think about it - if they have open call auditions, hundreds of girls try out, there really is no need to waste time and have 300 girls file into the stadium, sit, hear a speech about their dreams coming true yada yada when 3/4 of them will be cut. It makes more sense for Kelli to do that with the semi-finalists, who spend the first part of their day on that field anyway learning the routine. I think CMT just edits the show to kick-off episode 1 with that overview speech, but in reality - that is given on day 2 to the semi finalists. Makes for better TV and a better story altogether. Just thought of that when watching and Kelli said only 100 or so make it to semis; it makes sense. 

• Useful 11
  • Love 3

There is one girl Maddi (a small blonde) who has tried out so many times she reminds of the girl from Season 1 & 2 .. I think both of them should have been brought into camp for a try over others they picked ... does anyone know or did I miss last season why they passed on Maddi .. her kicks seems acceptable ???

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Yetta said:

I got a vibe I didn't like from Amanda, too.  There is a difference between having dreams, goals and ambition and being "I want to be famous" driven.   I have lost a few siblings and it was awful.  However, her interview and tears didn't seem genuine to me.  It seemed like she was doing that for attention, too.  Maybe I am more sensitive, as I have lost my own, but it just sat wrong with me.

I felt the same when I watched her.  Something just seems off.  

• Love 7

Hey yall. I was out of town this past weekend and could not wait to sign in.

Please dont shoot me lol.  Regarding Victoria,  I try to be fair on my observations. VK did not fall out of her turn, she slipped on the pom pom and as much as some hate to admit it, her recovery was brilliant IMHO. The fact that she did not allow that to slip to break her concentration says a lot. In the world of dance those things happen and when they do it is all about how you handle it.  I have never been a huge VK fan, nor to perceive to know her at all, but at the same time its facts as to what happened. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, dccgirl88 said:

She looked like she was done with her turn, didn't mark her space properly and slipped on the pom

Love her, hate her or tolerate her...her recovery was absolutely brilliant! Last year Jaylen fell during SG audition, recovered in a similar way and made it into Show Group...it's not about the error, it's about the recovery. 

VK gets preferential treatment...we have to take that with a 'grain'...however, if she doesn't meet the standard she will not make the team. Kelli & Judy will not compromise the team for anyone, including a legacy. And if she needs technical help, Kitty will be on her ass 24/7 with no means of escape. 

And Gabby was late to the panel interviews, Kelli's biggest pet peeve. She wasn't taken into camp this year. Apparently the freeway was shut down for over an hour due to a major accident. Gabby & several other hopefuls were caught behind it. 

Edited by CrazyMoon
added Gabby's info
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

VK did fall out of the turn. She needs some technique coaching on turns. She dropped her shoulder and lost her releve'. A dancer should be able to control where they land the free leg and she cannot do so consistently. Mult-revolution turns are some of the most difficult moves to master because it doesn't take much to get out of control.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23