Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Reunion (Part 1)

• Start Topic

Gizelle and Karen confront each other; Gizelle makes a shocking revelation about her love life; Candiace's mother, Dorothy, joins the couch; Ashley and Candiace have a heated exchange; Michael Darby makes a jaw-dropping appearance.

I have a headache from the yelling.

So Karen did you buy a house in Potomac?  Evade, evade.  Andy:  So you're renting.  Karen:  We're leasing.  That renting Karen.

So Candy's name in on the title to the house?  Still sketchy.  It's still not 'her' house.  Yup.  Your momma does like the camera. 

I don't think Ashley had a baby for the money.   She wanted a baby.  She only has to be married to him for five years to get a huge chunk of change. 

Monique:  I slept great last night.  I'm glad to get away for a couple of days away from the kids.  LOL.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

So Candy's name in on the title to the house?  Still sketchy.  It's still not 'her' house.  Yup.  Your momma does like the camera. 

I feel like that’s a lie. No way her mom would pass up the chance to have complete control over Candiace by putting her on the title docs.

Ashley and Candiace are both delusional. Nobody knew about either of them until this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Ashley saying Candiance is least accomplished one there .. first of all she beat out hella competition so jot that down

Ashley has a closed restaurant that her husband gave her, Gizelle sells makeup I have personally never seen in Target but she acts like is on par with Fenty, Robin has sold ONE HOUSE, Karen's fragrance is not "in Bloomingdes." She did a pop up event which is nice but it's not on display next to Jimmy Choo. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Gizelle talking about Karen’s fragrance, “I didn’t say it stunk.” Always supportive, Gizelle!

Ashley is the one who said that.

I loved Candiace’s “Live in your delusions!”

Ashley’s hair was a big miss at the reunion — if it’s a wig, it needs to be burned with the other one.

I’m only here to see Michael’s repulsive, no-boundaries-having ass get dragged in Part 2. Even the husbands get in on it, I can’t wait.

• Love 9

Karen's vague answers to specific questions are maddening, and probably the thing that I like least about her, because she has always done it. 

Living in DC metro, Karen missed her calling (politics).

I wonder if Gizelle and Jamal are getting back together solely for financial reasons. How does he make a living these days? Interesting that Gizelle says her daughters are "cautious" about Jamal returning to the fold. Most children would be ecstatic. Gizelle is about to take on another worthless man.

Monique's comment about being away from her children was hilarious, and a rare moment of reality.

I loathe Candace; would love Bravo to dump her. I suspect she and her husband are grifters-in-training.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I wonder if Gizelle and Jamal are getting back together solely for financial reasons.

Ya think?  If Sherman hadn't dumped Gizzard like a bag of trash you know good and bluedilly well she'd still be with him.  The only reason she's in the ass up position is so she can continue to collect the church's tithes to build that tacky cabin she just moved into.  Now she and Beaky Buzzard are sisters of the same pathetic 'I know my man don't love me but I'm willing to take crap from him just to remain relevant' club.

Andy, you're an ass....buy, rent. lease, Karen can do whatever she wants.  

Am I the only one offended whenever I hear the word ‘cooch’ or ‘coochie’?  That is such a disgusting word and this is coming from someone that lets the word ‘c***’ flow freely from her mouth.

Why was Beaky Buzzard looking like she wanted to do a reboot of A Flock of Seagulls? 

1354299140_AFlockofSeagulls.jpg.3d979cc7da837732f832ae39afed9a46.jpg

And heiffa I know you ain’t talking about Ashley collecting money for baby Dean, if nothing else at least Michael has money

Gizzard can miss me thinking she has changed with therapy....Andy threw all her talking heads right at her ass, the proof is in the muhfuckin' pudding.

Next to Monique (her hair was sick!), Dorothy was the only one that looked good.  Karen's dress was nice but that hair was distracting.

UO but I like Candiace....she's just a spoiled brat though and should really learn how to communicate and keep her temper in check.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

By the way, Candiace, you say you earned the money you got from your mom because you came out of her cooch (classy, girl!), and then you said it's your legacy.  So which is it? You earned it, or it's your legacy? 

I thought I heard that woman say that and did a silent WTF.. I mean she just put it out there that she is so freaking ENTITLED, that she is due everything because she was born and what her mom has is automatically passed down..    See I have children and I have modestly put together a home, savings/retirement, etc.. and have them named as beneficiaries but God Bless them that they have never been so deluded to think they are going to just GET something.  They have scratched to earn a living and set plans to take care of themselves by themselves.  This Candace chick is one fucked up in the head chick... I can attribute some of that to crazy mom mom and their little strange relationship but both are equally sickening..  Also.. does Candace feel this entitled Legacy only applies to her.  Doesn't she have step siblings that also came out her mom's cooch?

As to Gizelle and her re-upping with the "Pastor"..  I am a Church goer..  At a Black Baptist Church..   I however consider myself not one that conforms to the "traditions" and sometimes even the doctrine.. So I have no problem with people who go to Church no matter what their orientation, character, etc. might be.   I believe we are all there trying to get ourselves right with the God we believe in and He loves us all.  It is US that do all the judging and that is wrong..  Having said all that.  No way in hell would I be at a Church where that Bitch Gizelle is the "First Lady" She is a horrible human being and I don't believe sets any kind of an example for anyone especially young ladies to follow....

Edited by tiredofwork
  • Love 19
23 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

I believe we are all there trying to get ourselves right with the God we believe in and He loves us all.  It is US that do all the judging and that is wrong..  Having said all that.  No way in hell would I be at a Church where that Bitch Gizelle is the "First Lady"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Irritable said:

I'm tired of Ashley getting constantly raked over the coals for something her husband did.  Why does she have to be the one to speak about it a thousand times? 

Because Ashley happily jumps her ass in everybody else's business.  It wasn't Ashley's business that:

• Robyn was broke
  • Juan doesn't want Robyn
  • Monique drinks too much
  • How Karen & Ray can afford their home (leasing, renting or not)
  • If Ray has a dried up penis
  • Whose name is on Candiace's momma's townhouse
  • If Katie is spreading her legs to half of Virginia

The only person she hasn't mixed it up with is Gizelle and that's because she knows Gizelle will shut her all the way down to the ground.

Ashley likes to dish it but she can't take it and that's why I can't feel sorry for her having to take the heat because of Michael.  Ashley & Michael are messy and they need to clean up their acts.

Speaking of business, why is it anyone's business if Karen is renting or not? Nobody on the cast except for Monique & now Gizelle are homeowners:

• Michael was able to toss Ashley out on her ass
  • Michael swiftly put Ashley's momma out on her ass
  • Robyn & Juan are renting a townhouse outside of Baltimore
  • Candiace's momma is her landlord
  • Allegedly Katie's farm is in her momma's name
  • Even Charisse got forced out of her home when her husband decided it was time for her to get to stepping after the daughter graduated from high school

Stop worrying about Karen's Montgomery County rental and start worrying about your PG County rental, your Anne Arundel County rental and if your momma/husband can toss you out of "your" house on a whim.

2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

How does he make a living these days?

Jamal is the pastor of New Birth Church in Atlanta, which I'm thinking is a big step up from Empowerment Temple in Baltimore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Irritable said:

Karen's vague answers to specific questions are maddening, and probably the thing that I like least about her, because she has always done it.  Not only will she not come out with a real answer, she says shit like, "we are considering all options" and "we are still adjusting" with her nose in the air and this act of superiority as if anyone is going to just say, "Well, I guess the grande dame hath spoken!" and consider their questions answered.  She is unable to be truthful about herself and her life.  When she feels threatened and exposed, she bares her teeth in a crazed "smile" that looks more like the grimace of a wild animal who just bumped up against a predator, and then tosses her hair and adjusts her skirt to imply she is unbothered, but she is VERY BOTHERED.  

TRUTH.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Irritable said:

What is even the point of Candiace? She has zero substance, she's not funny, intelligent, interesting, she brings nothing at all to any table except her insatiable thirst for attention, and brings her equally thirsty mother into the show because they both have this crazy idea that they are important enough to be famous.  Candiace's entitlement and diva behaviors are not cute, she basically seems to exist solely to fight with everyone around her.  How is there ANYONE who chooses to spend time with her because they genuinely enjoy her company? By the way, Candiace, you say you earned the money you got from your mom because you came out of her cooch (classy, girl!), and then you said it's your legacy.  So which is it? You earned it, or it's your legacy? I wish her mom had clocked her with her purse - again - when that nonsense came out of Candiace's mouth.

I'm more interested in seeing footage and photos of Gizelle's finished house than I am in her rekindled relationship with her cheating ex-husband.  You've gotten along this far without him, why take him back now? This is a thing that drives me crazy about men who cheat - they ALWAYS want to come back eventually.  Maybe women who cheat do that, too, but I've never heard those tales, only the stories about the men who fully humiliate and dismiss their wives for the mistress, and then come crawling back later when things didn't work out. And what I hate even more than seeing them come back, is when the women whose hearts they burned to the damn ground take them back.  I understand it's harder when there are children involved, but self respect is also important for their own sake as well as the sake of their children.  As is wanting to do better moving forward, and taking a big step backward is never better.  I will be shocked if this reconciliation lasts for life.

Karen's vague answers to specific questions are maddening, and probably the thing that I like least about her, because she has always done it.  Not only will she not come out with a real answer, she says shit like, "we are considering all options" and "we are still adjusting" with her nose in the air and this act of superiority as if anyone is going to just say, "Well, I guess the grande dame hath spoken!" and consider their questions answered.  She is unable to be truthful about herself and her life.  When she feels threatened and exposed, she bares her teeth in a crazed "smile" that looks more like the grimace of a wild animal who just bumped up against a predator, and then tosses her hair and adjusts her skirt to imply she is unbothered, but she is VERY BOTHERED.  

I have no problems with Monique this season, she's cool.  I wasn't sure I liked her during the first season, but she has settled down on the showing off and now just seems like a good person who lives a good life.  

I'm tired of Ashley getting constantly raked over the coals for something her husband did.  Why does she have to be the one to speak about it a thousand times?  I think he's bi-sexual, I think he probably does like to grab men's asses and talk about their dicks.  If he's touching anyone in an appropriate way without consent, then that's on him.  Ashley doesn't control that, but she's endlessly being punished for it. And Candiace seems to come after her for sport, maybe because she is threatened by a woman her age who is also very attractive, I don't know.  There's no logical reason why Candiace should care whether Ashley drank while hoping to get pregnant - what in the world does that have to do with Candiace? Again, I am back to my initial bewilderment, which is why Candiace is a part of this show.  Her entire role has been to ugly fight, with her equally gross mother, with Chris, with the other women - watching her be nasty and go below the belt like it's her whole job is not entertaining for me at all.

Robyn said pretty much nothing this whole hour, and that feels like the appropriate amount of time to spend on her.

A most excellent post on all points.

I have never liked Candace and her behavior and attitude last night were disgusting. She is crude and vile and serves absolutely no purpose. I also find it extremely difficult to believe that Chris comes from a "very prominent family"; he's got trailer trash, complete with all the baby mamas written all over him.

I definitely wasn't happy to hear Gizelle is dating her ex-husband. I have met Jamal and cannot for the life of me understand what she ever saw in him. Did they show her house in the beginning? For some very bizarre reason, although my DVR said it was recording the reunion, it was actually recording MSNBC. What would happen if they remarry? Will she move to Georgia and join the Atlanta howives? Horrors!

Karen pretends to be a woman of mystery but she's got some serious issues.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

There was an aside between Candiace and Robyn after they informed us that Chris was from a prominent family, it sounded like Candiace said not the furniture store or something like that. 

Maybe Bassett's ice cream?

22 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Chris' family probably owns well known companies in the DMV area but First Families of Virginia they are not.

Is he even from the area for some reason I thought he was from Florida. His entire life seems to revolve around Candiace’s mothers money so I doubt it. 

Also, when she was being completely horrible to him after he wouldn’t hold her purse at the Congressional Black Caucus dinner she yelled at him that it was no wonder his father abandoned him, not that his mother can’t have money or come from a “prominent” family but it doesn’t seem like his childhood was very good.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Irritable said:

I'm more interested in seeing footage and photos of Gizelle's finished house than I am in her rekindled relationship with her cheating ex-husband.  You've gotten along this far without him, why take him back now? This is a thing that drives me crazy about men who cheat - they ALWAYS want to come back eventually.  Maybe women who cheat do that, too, but I've never heard those tales, only the stories about the men who fully humiliate and dismiss their wives for the mistress, and then come crawling back later when things didn't work out. And what I hate even more than seeing them come back, is when the women whose hearts they burned to the damn ground take them back.  I understand it's harder when there are children involved, but self respect is also important for their own sake as well as the sake of their children.  As is wanting to do better moving forward, and taking a big step backward is never better.  I will be shocked if this reconciliation lasts for life.

Gizelle is 100% that woman that feels like a failure without a man on her arm. She has always relied on her good looks and for women like that, being attractive without a man is tantamount to not having lived up to your potential or achieved everything you were supposed to. Because that is her mindset, he doesn't need to be 100% head over heels in love with her if he checks other boxes - rich, or famous, or beautiful in his own right. She'll take not-fully-faithful, but rich and famous Jamal over joe-blow government worker who thinks the sun rises and sets on her dumb ass. She's an idiot and deserves whatever comes her way as a result.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Irritable said:

Karen's vague answers to specific questions are maddening, and probably the thing that I like least about her, because she has always done it. . . .  with her nose in the air and this act of superiority . . . When she feels threatened and exposed, she bares her teeth in a crazed "smile" that looks more like the grimace of a wild animal who just bumped up against a predator, and then tosses her hair and adjusts her skirt to imply she is unbothered, but she is VERY BOTHERED.  

To give her credit, it must take a lot of effort to get that particular nose into the air.

And she tosses somebody's hair--we don't really know whose it is.  👱‍♀️

Otherwise, cosign your excellent post.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

That first installment was a shitshow.

Candiace and Ashley were talking all over each other and it was impossible to hear what the other was saying.  And Candiace's mom is JUST like her, can't assume responsibility for her part in any of the discord in her life.  I think she gets off on the strife with Candy.  How can being on this show help her practice?  If I saw my therapist like this, I would cancel all appointments post haste.

Karen bugs the hell out of me.  Always vague, always putting on airs, always a terrible friend and yet when she's called out she can't handle it.  

Katie went on Instagram a few days ago to clarify why she left, which is that she was pregnant and not feeling well.  She ended up losing the baby which she said the cast and crew knew about but they kept piling on in their interviews.  I guess that's why she is the "castmate who won't be mentioned" which is too bad because she is truly interesting!  Maybe not in a healthy way?

Why were the ladies acting like they didn't want to go up against Michael?  They don't care about him or getting into with him!   He is very unfortunate looking.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Kerrey92 said:

Karen bugs the hell out of me.  Always a terrible friend and yet when she's called out she can't handle it.  

When has Karen been a terrible friend?  And to whom?

She's shady yes, otherwise I don't see her being a terrible friend at all.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Gizelle is 100% that woman that feels like a failure without a man on her arm. She has always relied on her good looks and for women like that, being attractive without a man is tantamount to not having lived up to your potential or achieved everything you were supposed to. Because that is her mindset, he doesn't need to be 100% head over heels in love with her if he checks other boxes - rich, or famous, or beautiful in his own right. She'll take not-fully-faithful, but rich and famous Jamal over joe-blow government worker who thinks the sun rises and sets on her dumb ass. She's an idiot and deserves whatever comes her way as a result.

Alexander says G is upset that she wasted her youth and beauty on Jamal and that is why she is soooo jealous of Monique. 

Monique is one of the most beautiful women on TV.

Ashley was wearing a possum on her head ...it might of actually moved.

Candiass does not get it. Mama is still paying for her lifestyle and no, coming out of someone’s cooch, is not an accomplishment.

I assume Chris’s prominent West Virginia family deals in meth?

Robyn looked horrible. That dress looked like she threw on some old lace curtains and called it a day. It made her look wide and gave her grand ma boobs.

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

LOL!  Odd, his own bio has nary a mention of his distinguished family connections.

https://thechrisbassett.com/about-me/

I love that Chris, who has multiple baby mamas and has no problem having his mother in law support him, is too humble to mention his own supposedly esteemed and privileged heritage.

Did this wealthy family chip in anything for wedding costs?

Forget about Chris, Candiass would be screaming it from the roof tops if Chris came from any sort of money or privilege.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, Irritable said:

What is even the point of Candiace? She has zero substance, she's not funny, intelligent, interesting, she brings nothing at all to any table except her insatiable thirst for attention, and brings her equally thirsty mother into the show because they both have this crazy idea that they are important enough to be famous.  Candiace's entitlement and diva behaviors are not cute, she basically seems to exist solely to fight with everyone around her.  How is there ANYONE who chooses to spend time with her because they genuinely enjoy her company? By the way, Candiace, you say you earned the money you got from your mom because you came out of her cooch (classy, girl!), and then you said it's your legacy.  So which is it? You earned it, or it's your legacy? I wish her mom had clocked her with her purse - again - when that nonsense came out of Candiace's mouth.

I can't stand Candiace, she's vile and disgusting.  She was born to privilege.  Her mother is a professional.  I hate how she drags Ashley for marrying an older man.  Not everybody has a professional for a mother, Candiass, or whatever her name is.  Candyass's privilege is nothing more than LUCK.  She just as easily could have been born to two junkies.  Instead of feeling superior to Ashley, how about being grateful for what you have?  

BTW, doesn't Candyass's husband have adult children who don't talk to him?

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

TW, doesn't Candyass's husband have adult children who don't talk to him?

His oldest child is a teenager I think 14 or 15 and doesn’t have a relationship with Chris and than he has two kids under 10 that he sees sometimes and were at the wedding.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Boofish said:

Ashley saying Candiance is least accomplished one there .. first of all she beat out hella competition so jot that down

Ashley has a closed restaurant that her husband gave her, Gizelle sells makeup I have personally never seen in Target but she acts like is on par with Fenty, Robin has sold ONE HOUSE, Karen's fragrance is not "in Bloomingdes." She did a pop up event which is nice but it's not on display next to Jimmy Choo. 

I will say I have seen Gisele’s makeup in the Target in DC (Columbia Heights). But I don’t buy that when I can get Pat McGrath in the Sephora at Montgomery Mall.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I can't stand Candiace, she's vile and disgusting.  She was born to privilege.  Her mother is a professional.  I hate how she drags Ashley for marrying an older man.  Not everybody has a professional for a mother, Candiass, or whatever her name is.  Candyass's privilege is nothing more than LUCK.  She just as easily could have been born to two junkies.  Instead of feeling superior to Ashley, how about being grateful for what you have?  

I don’t like Ashley but some of these women came from privileged to middle class backgrounds and she came from nothing.

The truth is she is in the same level. They are all z-list celebrities on a second tier howife show. What the hell has Candiass done with her life’s advantages? Ashley married an ugly old perv but this after her mother abandoned her a million times and her father basically was never in the picture. She needed a come up and took it.

Candiass acts like she is owed the world because mamas got a little money.

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Candiace’s having a professional mother didn’t stop her from squandering all her privilege and opportunities. When all is said and done, Candiace is a restaurant hostess with a broke man with a bunch of kids and child support payments. They both live off her mom (plus show money which is not guaranteed). She has a funky little wig line that no one has ever seen.

How does one end up failing so hard? I suspect incidents like her little knife outburst aren’t her first.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15