Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Reunion (Part 1)

• Start Topic

I don’t follow these franchises outside of this site unless there’s a Reality Tea popup or something.  So Gizelle’s ex is RHOA’s Mr. Chocolate?  Him?  There’s really not much to brag about there.  Gizelle is messy but she could do better even if he’s the father of her girls.  

They brought up Ashley’s wig, when are we going to go in on Candiass’s diseased TH look?  

The fashions? were too OTT last night.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, laprin said:

So Ashley gets to attack the other women on the basis of their husbands’ behavior but she should get a pass? Let’s review shall we:

Ashley spread rumors about Robin’s finances and showed up at Robin’s house to share that she heard Juan had another woman. She attacked Robin with both these accusations all season.

Ashley made it her business to meet Charisse’s ex and his new woman. She spent the season telling everyone that she knew about Eddie’s girlfried and confronted Charisse about it.

She bandwagoned to ridicule Karen over tax issues that she knew stemmed from Ray’s business. She also was gross in referring to Ray’s shriveled penis when arguing with Karen. She needs to worry about Michael’s shriveled penis since he and Ray are practically the same age.

Oh, and this same Ashley attacked Katie’s mental health knowing full well the custody issues she’s been going through.

I have zero sympathy for Ashley being dragged about Michael. It’s a small price to pay for being a kept trophy wife.  She needs to do something to earn that pre-nup money. 

THANK YOUUU!! ALL OF THIS!!! People sitting up here dissing Candiace because she calls out Ashley's BS!! Ashley has been putting people down EVERY season and when its finally her season to be gossiped about she wants to play victim. NO MA'AM, NO HAM. NO TURKEY!!! KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
On 9/15/2019 at 7:45 PM, Irritable said:

I'm tired of Ashley getting constantly raked over the coals for something her husband did.  Why does she have to be the one to speak about it a thousand times?  I think he's bi-sexual, I think he probably does like to grab men's asses and talk about their dicks.  If he's touching anyone in an appropriate way without consent, then that's on him.  Ashley doesn't control that, but she's endlessly being punished for it.

My problem with Ashley is that she is essentially demanding that the other women get behind the story that Michael didn't grab the ass, essentially asking them to be complicit in an (alleged) sexual assault. If Ashley took the position that Michael's business is Michael's business and basically opted out of talking about it (much like Karen did with Ray's financial troubles), then I'd have more compassion for her. But you can't have it both ways - you can't insist that everyone be on board with your revisionist history but then resent it when people have their own (very justified) opinions about it. That said, I am in complete agreement that Candiace is so far out of line with her hatred toward Ashley.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She talked about a wig/extension line last season.

If she really does have this business then how come none of us know anything about it, not even the name? Is she such a fool that she ain’t using her Bravo on-air free advertising minutes to promote her (apparently already established) “line” ?! Pffft, I think the wig/extension thing is actually her sister’s business and all Candi has to promote is her mama’s therapy practice and her husband’s 1/1000th ownership of a BBQ joint. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, qtpye said:

I love that Chris, who has multiple baby mamas and has no problem having his mother in law support him, is too humble to mention his own supposedly esteemed and privileged heritage.

Did this wealthy family chip in anything for wedding costs?

Forget about Chris, Candiass would be screaming it from the roof tops if Chris came from any sort of money or privilege.

I NEED to know who are the Prominent Bassetts. And if Chris is a man of distinguished pedigree, why didn't they contributed to the Bassett/Dilliard nuptials, honeymoon, education or a $1500/mo mortgage? Has Chris been disavowed?

Edited by StillHere
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, StillHere said:

I NEED to know who are the Prominent Bassetts. And if Chris is a man of distinguished pedigree, why didn't they contributed to the Bassett/Dilliard nuptials, honeymoon, education or a $1500/mo mortgage? Has Chris been disavowed?

If they are old money they know a lousy stock when they see one......

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Having read all the erudite and insightful posts, all I can add is that I can't stand Candiace's mannerisms - the way she twists her head as if she is imparting the most bon mots of all bon mots - CANNOT STAND.

And how in the world did her mother amass all the wealth. She is a psychiatrist but a even a very successful psychiatrist just makes a living and generally doesn't have the kind of "fantastic" wealth that Candiace implies the woman has. 

Candiace and the mother are truly a Folie à deux to the max. The sister seems to be completely free of the toxic relationship that Candiace has with her mother.

Also I am completely confused about what accomplishments Candiace has - and I mean this in a literal and not snarky way. She is a 32 year old woman who prior to becoming a Z list celebrity on this show was a hostess in an obscure restaurant whose fiancé is not particularly attractive, successful, charming or any other particular "thing" that someone of her "accomplishments" would seem to "deserve".

I mean it goes without saying that Ashley married for the money. As they say marry for money and you earn every penny :-). Michael's motivation for marrying Ashley are more complicated - prior to all this groping stuff, I assumed that it was a fairly typical transaction relationship - my money for you being my arm candy. Now it seems grayer - is she is beard? Is he someone so on the down low that having arm candy like Ashley actually makes HIM able to ignore his homosexual propensities? I mean there is a long history of self deception among gay men - Elizabeth Smart's father just came out of his Mormon closet after 64 or so years. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, qtpye said:

I love that Chris, who has multiple baby mamas and has no problem having his mother in law support him, is too humble to mention his own supposedly esteemed and privileged heritage.

Did this wealthy family chip in anything for wedding costs?

Forget about Chris, Candiass would be screaming it from the roof tops if Chris came from any sort of money or privilege.

I know, right? They couldn't even contribute to a honeymoon or a starter home or help make his 1/100th percent ownership of the restaurant bigger? She is full of shit and he doesn't have shit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, Boofish said:

Ashley saying Candiance is least accomplished one there .. first of all she beat out hella competition so jot that down

Ashley has a closed restaurant that her husband gave her, Gizelle sells makeup I have personally never seen in Target but she acts like is on par with Fenty, Robin has sold ONE HOUSE, Karen's fragrance is not "in Bloomingdes." She did a pop up event which is nice but it's not on display next to Jimmy Choo. 

I’m not sure about ANY of their legit accomplishments....but find it hard to believe CandyAsse at her age... claiming her proprietary  “legacy”....frankly I had never heard on ANY of them until the show...

One thing I DO know....

I just purchased some La’ Dame on Psh mark....for 5 dolla y’all! Yup $5!

....and I saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to....🦎

😆

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2019 at 12:25 AM, Boofish said:

Ashley saying Candiance is least accomplished one there .. first of all she beat out hella competition so jot that down

Ashley has a closed restaurant that her husband gave her, Gizelle sells makeup I have personally never seen in Target but she acts like is on par with Fenty, Robin has sold ONE HOUSE, Karen's fragrance is not "in Bloomingdes." She did a pop up event which is nice but it's not on display next to Jimmy Choo. 

Can someone explain where the hell Candace's mother got all her $$?  I missed it somehow.  She's beyond obnoxious.

• Love 2
On 9/16/2019 at 2:14 PM, qtpye said:

Alexander says G is upset that she wasted her youth and beauty on Jamal and that is why she is soooo jealous of Monique. 

Monique is one of the most beautiful women on TV.

Ashley was wearing a possum on her head ...it might of actually moved.

Candiass does not get it. Mama is still paying for her lifestyle and no, coming out of someone’s cooch, is not an accomplishment.

I assume Chris’s prominent West Virginia family deals in meth?

Robyn looked horrible. That dress looked like she threw on some old lace curtains and called it a day. It made her look wide and gave her grand ma boobs.

Hilarious post....I laughed I cried...opossums...cooch/meth legacies?...It simply doesn’t get better… Until it actually did get better when you mention the curtains that Robin was wearing. I think she and Monique are hands down the best of the bunch...HOWEVER...

When you mentioned the “curtain dress“… All I could think about was Carol Burnett back in the day...Oof...y’all are probably too young for that reference...

Loved your funny post!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Can someone explain where the hell Candace's mother got all her $$?  I missed it somehow.  She's beyond obnoxious.

I don't like her mother but I believe she is a very successful doctor with lots of money like other doctors.

I have no problem with Candiance growing up with money and considering that as part of her wealth - I don't have room in these comments for all the non-black famous kids who have built careers with the same credentials. My problem with Candiance is she is a loud obnoxious bore and if she wants to be a real housewife I will need her to bring something more to the table than being her mother's crotch fruit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

All I could think about was Carol Burnett back in the day...Oof...y’all are probably too young for that reference...

Oh you silly, silly girl....of course I remember!

1799135025_Ms.Starlet.jpg.a45ed484969c7d8bc712053a2722ea2f.jpg

"I saw it in the window and couldn't resist it."

Oh!  Ashley may have been fired!  Listen to 24:20:

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Ugh, I wish. I googled but the only source I could find was MTO, which...yeah. I’ll wait with fingers crossed until a trustworthy source reports it, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

When you mentioned the “curtain dress“… All I could think about was Carol Burnett back in the day...Oof...y’all are probably too young for that reference...

A couple of years ago that dress among other TV props were on display at the Smithsonian, I missed it by a week, so bummed but thank you for that picture!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, amarante said:

Elizabeth Smart's father just came out of his Mormon closet after 64 or so years. 

What the what!??  I guess he has been shunned now.

Michael might just like a game of slap and tickle but does not participate in the act...he may also just suffer from some impulse disorder or you know, just likes menfolk.

Side note, I have a cousin who's wife left him for another woman, another cousin whose husband just left her for men in general and another cousin who also left his wife for a man and he was also in his early 60's...all of them have children, adult children.  Hmmm.

Ashley needed to make sure that when Michael decides he wants to leave the marriage for other opportunities that she would be taken care of, goal attained. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Michael might just like a game of slap and tickle but does not participate in the act...he may also just suffer from some impulse disorder or you know, just likes menfolk.

Side note, I have a cousin who's wife left him for another woman, another cousin whose husband just left her for men in general and another cousin who also left his wife for a man and he was also in his early 60's...all of them have children, adult children.  Hmmm.

Ashley needed to make sure that when Michael decides he wants to leave the marriage for other opportunities that she would be taken care of, goal attained. 

Ashley does not need the show pay check as now that she has little baby cash cow.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wow, my family is boring!!!

• LOL 13
14 hours ago, Boofish said:

I don't like her mother but I believe she is a very successful doctor with lots of money like other doctors.

I have no problem with Candiance growing up with money and considering that as part of her wealth - I don't have room in these comments for all the non-black famous kids who have built careers with the same credentials. My problem with Candiance is she is a loud obnoxious bore and if she wants to be a real housewife I will need her to bring something more to the table than being her mother's crotch fruit.

Psychiatry is not one of the lucrative medical fields the way plastic surgery or cardiac surgery is.

A psychiatrist is limited because they can only treat one patient and so they are making a relatively small amount for a large block of time.

Unless the mother has some other form of income - e.g. writing a best selling self help book, being a psychiatrist doesn't make one the kind of "wealthy" that Candiace wants everyone to think. It's a nice upper middle class living but not a really wealthy one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I’m not sure about ANY of their legit accomplishments....but find it hard to believe CandyAsse at her age... claiming her proprietary  “legacy”....frankly I had never heard on ANY of them until the show...

I’m not sure the Real Housewives series is the show to demonstrate accomplishments unless you are:

Bethenny Frankel

Kandi Burruss

The only accomplishment for most of the housewives is marrying money or being born into some money. Which is fine, but don’t act like golddigging is less noble than being expelled from a privileged coochie. Securing the bag was the whole point of marriage for women until recent times. Being a wastrel and waiting for a relative to die off or access to your trust before you hit it big is not an accomplishment. And no one’s wig line has taken off thus far (Kim, Portia, Candiace, did Gretchen have wigs?)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

I’m not sure the Real Housewives series is the show to demonstrate accomplishments unless you are:

Bethenny Frankel

Kandi Burruss

The only accomplishment for most of the housewives is marrying money or being born into some money. Which is fine, but don’t act like golddigging is less noble than being expelled from a privileged coochie. Securing the bag was the whole point of marriage for women until recent times. Being a wastrel and waiting for a relative to die off or access to your trust before you hit it big is not an accomplishment. And no one’s wig line has taken off thus far (Kim, Portia, Candiace, did Gretchen have wigs?)

I’m a woman who has had to work hard for everything I have. I am the last person in the world to applaud a gold digger on her success in getting a rich husband.

However, I will admit that it does take a certain bit of hustle, since there are probably a ton of young attractive women that would happily settle down with wealthy men and not enough wealthy men to go around.

The fact that Candiass and Lord Brown Dick of the affluent West Virginia Brown Dicks had no money for even a modest honeymoon tells me that that most of their money comes from the show and mama. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
On 9/16/2019 at 8:42 PM, kkamiiiii said:

I love to come to the forums to read about the show and the episode but man majority of the people on here just haters of Candiace.  Like I said before I like Candiace. Yes she is entitled/spoiled but she does do her own work on the side. She has her wig line, she works with pageant girls, and she does something else but i forgot. Just because YOU haven't heard of anything she does...does NOT mean it is a lie and she is talking out her ass. Y'all got a stick so far up y'alls asses you just disagree with EVERYTHING Candiace does because you hate her for whatever BS reasons.

First of all, there are a lot of people who have wealthy and or made off parents who cater to their children. Candiace grew up privileged. Why is that a bad thing? Plenty of the daughters and stuff from the other Housewives show gets treated the same and pampered. But for whatever reason it's an issue if Candiace's mom wants to do that for her.  If her mom wants to pay for everything then let it be. Why is does that matter?! Her mom and her BOTH put down on that house. At the end of the day it still her house as well. 

second, Candiace doesn't hate Ashley. She is just tired of Ashley's bullshit. Ashley has done sooo much shit and talked soooo much shit but when Candiace calls her out about it everyone got an issue. Not to mention that Ashley TOLD Candiace she was going to stop drinking and not drink so much because she was trying to have a baby. She also told the group that before. Not to mention Candiace heard what Michael said and then the issue at the Rainbow Party with the ass grabbing. It would make me wonder also if she is trying to have baby to really have one or for something else. Ashley words were not matching her actions. So i would question the situation also. That's where Candiace is coming from. But Ashley when stuff starts to turn on her. She likes to dig deep and calls name and say stuff that crosses the line to take the action off of her. Ashley has been playing victim this WHOLE season and I'm not here for it. I'm glad Candiace was calling her out. I'm glad Candiace was not backing down. She was playing NO games! Ashley deserves all this smoke. I think Candiace is a cool girl. She seems fun and down to earth. Candiace is the type that observes. That's why she comes off so "judgy". I'm an observant person myself. I like to sit and watch and Candiace did that the first season she was on. So she was able to see who was the pot stirrer and who talked a lot of shit! *COUGH COUGH* Ashley Darby and Giselle

Candiace reminds me so much of Nene from RHoAtlanta whom I also can't stand. Both Candiace & Nene are incredibly loud, obnoxious, talk over everybody, become physical-ish, don't let anyone get a word in edgewise, hurl ridiculous insults, & are just overly emotional & overly dramatic. Can't stomach either one of them; their favorite emotion is anger.

That said, I do think Candiace is pretty, has beautiful skin & a great figure.  And much to her dismay, the same is true of Ashley! Beady eyes--yeah she wishes!! 🙂 Not a big Ashley fan either...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I’m a woman who has had to work hard for everything I have. I am the last person in the world to applaud a gold digger on her success in getting a rich husband.

However, I will admit that it does take a certain bit of hustle, since there are probably a ton of young attractive women that would happily settle down with wealthy men and not enough wealthy men to go around.

The fact that Candiass and Lord Brown Dick of the affluent West Virginia Brown Dicks had no money for even a modest honeymoon tells me that that most of their money comes from the show and mama. 

It takes far more work than I’m willing to invest. I’m just not sure the money is worth it if you end up with someone who has no respect for you, or a serial ass grabber. But if I grew up with a deadbeat mom and dad, didn’t have a stable roof over my head and didn’t have enough to eat, I could see why it’s worth it to someone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

The fact that Candiass and Lord Brown Dick of the affluent West Virginia Brown Dicks had no money for even a modest honeymoon tells me that that most of their money comes from the show and mama. 

I’m partial to the moniker “Two-tone Malone,” but the bolded is the most hilarious RH nickname I have ever come across. A doff o’ th’ cap to you, m’lady! (M’lord?)

I used to look down on gold diggers, too. It wasn’t until VERY recently that I’ve developed a sort of respect for their hustle. (Boy, do they hustle!) I still don’t like Ashley’s gold-digging ass, but she could be an OBGYN and I still wouldn’t like her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, link417 said:

I’m partial to the moniker “Two-tone Malone,” but the bolded is the most hilarious RH nickname I have ever come across. A doff o’ th’ cap to you, m’lady! (M’lord?)

I used to look down on gold diggers, too. It wasn’t until VERY recently that I’ve developed a sort of respect for their hustle. (Boy, do they hustle!) I still don’t like Ashley’s gold-digging ass, but she could be an OBGYN and I still wouldn’t like her.

Right? It’s not the golddigging that makes Ashley trash. It’s that she’s a messy , two faced backstabber. And her public attempts at singing. That too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

You know what. I kinda believe the West Virginia Brown dicks have money.  As vile as Candiass' mother is, she would be going in on Lord Brown Dick left and right if she truly believed that he's a raggamuffin.  Just look at Mama Joyce with Todd; and as much as I hate MJ, Candiass' mom is worse.  Even the fact that he's the mediator between the two of them speaks volumes.  Moms likes/tolerates something about him; and it ain't his brown penis.  

I'm also kind of upset that Andy let Candiass' mom have a segment on the couch.  Now all these people's moms will be acting out to have some extended spotlight at the reunion.

irish setter no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Oh you silly, silly girl....of course I remember!

1799135025_Ms.Starlet.jpg.a45ed484969c7d8bc712053a2722ea2f.jpg

"I saw it in the window and couldn't resist it."

Omgawd..love you for this! I’m too lo tech for visual aids 🥴🤣👊

16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

A couple of years ago that dress among other TV props were on display at the Smithsonian, I missed it by a week, so bummed but thank you for that picture!

See pic from Vixenstud...you probably already have...late again to the partaaayyy 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

See pic from Vixenstud...you probably already have...late again to the partaaayyy 😂

So funny...and so happy there are others old enough to remember it!

Boooyaaaah! 😆

• Love 2
9 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Bethenny Frankel

Kandi Burruss

Preach!!! Love this!

9 hours ago, qtpye said:

Love your whole post...but can’t help myself..I just checked...and...

Omg... I have a bedside table fro the “West Virginia Brown Dick Co”!!! Thank you chef and fam!!!

i just KNEW it’d be worth SOMETHING one day!

Thank you Qtype for that info on the fam business name!!! 😂

I’m on a roll!!!

because...in my very FORMAL dining area...features a Fendi Casa set!!! (Not sure fendi dick color..🥴..my ba....)... 

lmao 😂

Edited by Shellbell59
  • LOL 3
On 9/17/2019 at 11:11 PM, Boofish said:

Omg she has zero decorum, I can't picture her as a doctor AT ALL.  That's like saying Tamara from OC is a very successful doctor.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I remember when the Atlanta HWs did a reunion in all white, and for the most part, they looked great.

83206_w_725.jpg

This group...not so much. Monique looked good, Karen looked ok-ish, but the rest...no bueno.

rhop78987-1.jpg?resize=486,337&ssl=1

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I remember when the Atlanta HWs did a reunion in all white, and for the most part, they looked great.

83206_w_725.jpg

This group...not so much. Monique looked good, Karen looked ok-ish, but the rest...no bueno.

rhop78987-1.jpg?resize=486,337&ssl=1

Like a group of Project Runway fails although I like Monique's dress the best, the peek a boo leopard bra was genius!

Didn't they run that wedding dress made out of toilet paper competition commercial during this show...maybe all those gowns are made by the TP contest contestants.

Ashely's cape, oh just no, just say no to the cape and say yes that would cover up your post partum boobs, they do not look good smooshed down like that.

Robin's hair looks great and her dress (while I don't think it is a good fit on her) gives me a 930's evening dress Myrna Loy vibe and I am sucker for vinatage fashion.

Shut up Candiace.

Karen must have been inspired by an old episode of the Love Boat when she was deciding what to wear.

Gizzelle forgot to dry her hair and the lining of her pants suit, must be a Pnina T. LOL.

Atlanta wore it better.

• Love 5