Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: The Forever Decision

• Start Topic

The professionals need to vet these people more.  I don't care if they hire someone to trail them for some time to see if they are sleaze balls and dating in bars.  Matt sure fooled them and lied a lot.

3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Matt doesn't feel things that aren't his dick in multiple women.

Lol you are right

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Matt might be an asshole but that's pretty harsh.  I wouldn't wish a "very short" life for any of these people.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I hope Matt gets run over by the next bus he takes to BS the next woman he intends to hit on.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, antfitz said:

The professionals need to vet these people more.  I don't care if they hire someone to trail them for some time to see if they are sleaze balls and dating in bars.  Matt sure fooled them and lied a lot.

Lol you are right

Or alternatively, they are knowingly casting assholes for the drama value and Matt didn’t fool them at all (he just doesn’t seem that smart to me).

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Or alternatively, they are knowingly casting assholes for the drama value and Matt didn’t fool them at all (he just doesn’t seem that smart to me).

And I think they wanted to think these people were on the level.

3 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I think they might have wanted their audience to think these people were all on the level-- but most of the participants seemed to know who was who and what was what.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

Matt was essentially homeless, unemployed and estranged from his family. I said months ago that he shouldn't have even gotten past the first round to be on this show. All the red flags, some people will choose not to see them. Matt will still get a lot of dates. For every douchebag, there's some woman who thinks that she'll be the one who can change him.

Amber won't learn from this. She was still looking at him so longingly after everything. She would hand him her entire paycheck right now if he asked her for it. This pattern will simply repeat for her.

Where the hell is the preview for the reunion? I don't want to watch this Marrying Millionaires show.

1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Just realized we never learned why Deonna was never on Unfiltered...

She was on Unfiltered last week or the week prior to that.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, antfitz said:
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

The kind of people that would go on a show like this are going to say whatever the hell they think will get them on the show. The producers of this show don't give a damn if they cast liars, psychos or whatever. And there are NO "experts" involved in this show; just a few idiots who couldn't make a go of their normal vocation so they "tried out" for the show too...

• Love 13

One question to the people on here:  Would any of you ever date mat?  He seemed dull and boring and disinterested.  He's also tall and geeky looking...not that all tell men look that way.  He wears the ball cap backwards and sideways like some 16 year old from the streets. It looks ridiculous.

Edited by antfitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Keith seems confused, he wants a divorce but he is still open to the possibility of something happening between them in the future. So why not stay married? I’m surprised that Jamie and Elizabeth decided to stay married. Their marriage seemed to be a toxic cesspool. Deonna and Greg, no surprise there. Amber congratulations on growing a spine and asking for a divorce. Matt is just salty because he thought he could have his cake and eat it too. I hope his side chick dumps him after watching the show.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

. I hope Matt gets run over by the next bus he takes to BS the next woman he intends to hit on.

Agreed. And hopefully this happens before he breeds. This is exactly how Idiocracy is becoming reality. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

At the very least, I hope someone goes all Tonya Harding on him so he can’t go back to “pro” basketball in Eastern Europe. He is such a squeeze. He had sex with Amber the entire time knowing it was a no go and having sex with other people. I think Amber watching herself on this season will do her a lot of good, as painful as it is. 

Iris’s virginity was secondary to her lack of depth, ocd, and being such a piss pot to his friends. I think she’s headed for spinsterhood. And her saying that Keith would need to improve on some things before she’d consider getting back together tells me all I need to know and Iris, it ain’t happening, chief. 

The way Beth and Jamie acted on the honeymoon period does not bode well for them. If that’s what you start with, heaven help them. But I agree, at least it keeps them out of other relationships. 

Deonna and Greg, meh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I don’t think it was healthy for the divorcing couples to go to the dinner. It was too soon, on top of an already emotional day of packing and accepting the reality of their - or their partner’s decision. 

Especially Amber. Maybe it was cathartic for her to say what she wanted and hear the other ladies speak up to Matt but he didn’t care. At all. And I do feel like he was probably a totally different kind of ass off camera. She’d mentioned him being duplicitous and I believe her. His true self came out at the end when he tried to get her to shut up. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Ugh with Iris and her 14-year-old-girl personality.   She will never understand. 

I feel sorry for her. She's been brought up to be super religious and yet went into this situation.  She was not going to give it up in only 8 weeks. I think he was smart not to stay Married. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

At the very least, I hope someone goes all Tonya Harding on him so he can’t go back to “pro” basketball in Eastern Europe. He is such a squeeze. He had sex with Amber the entire time knowing it was a no go and having sex with other people. I think Amber watching herself on this season will do her a lot of good, as painful as it is. 

Iris’s virginity was secondary to her lack of depth, ocd, and being such a piss pot to his friends. I think she’s headed for spinsterhood. And her saying that Keith would need to improve on some things before she’d consider getting back together tells me all I need to know and Iris, it ain’t happening, chief. 

The way Beth and Jamie acted on the honeymoon period does not bode well for them. If that’s what you start with, heaven help them. But I agree, at least it keeps them out of other relationships. 

Deonna and Greg, meh. 

I agree.  I think he was turned off as soon as Amber said she did not want him to play pro ball in Europe. He probably plays ball as well as he has relationships..... In other words, he sucks.  He probably sucks in bed too. He's too selfish to be any good.  Tall, lumbering, and geeky  And he thinks hes a prize. 😂😝😱  He's a 🤡.

1 minute ago, Auntie said:

I can just see it now - Iris is filling out a job application. When she gets to the box of Sex - she writes in "oh hell no, Iris don't do no sex" and juts out her jaw.....

Lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t think it was healthy for the divorcing couples to go to the dinner. It was too soon, on top of an already emotional day of packing and accepting the reality of their - or their partner’s decision. 

Especially Amber. Maybe it was cathartic for her to say what she wanted and hear the other ladies speak up to Matt but he didn’t care. At all. And I do feel like he was probably a totally different kind of ass off camera. She’d mentioned him being duplicitous and I believe her. His true self came out at the end when he tried to get her to shut up. 

I agree. It was too soon. But I did think it was healthy for Amber. I think she needed reinforcements that her decision was correct. And the way he acted he verified her decision.

• Love 10

And let me add:

I finally had it with Iris's motor-mouth. Hit the bricks,  Sis. And take your "gift" with you. 

Matt is despicable. Total liar,  gaslighter, cheat, and over-all rogue. I'm "holding out hope" that after this show he'll be dateless a long time.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Why would Iris agree to this show if she’s already married to her virginity knowing that sex is an important part of marriage? Was she hoping for a career boost?

I said since the honeymoon episode that I was more baffled about Iris’ decision to go on the show than Keith’s. I think if Keith had been matched with a mature attractive non-virgin, he’d have stuck with the marriage. Based on the conversations with his mom, he was more ready to be married. 

I could never reconcile hyperbolic virgin Iris to someone who would marry a stranger on TV and give it a real go. 

Jamie and Beth - obvious fame whores.

Deonna - desperate to get out of FWB and situationships

Greg - bizarrely believes in the experts and would be a great candidate for arranged marriage.

Amber - desperado 

Matt - homeless fame whore 

Keith - regular fame whore who wanted to boost his music career and make his grandma happy 

Edited by sarkygal
Fame not game
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I feel sorry for her. She's been brought up to be super religious and yet went into this situation.  She was not going to give it up in only 8 weeks. I think he was smart not to stay Married. 

Was she brought up religious? Her own mother seemed to think she was ridiculous, talking about her virginity like a precious gift and told her to just do it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

I said since the honeymoon episode that I was more baffled about Iris’ decision to go on the show than Keith’s. I think if Keith had been matched with a mature attractive non-virgin, he’d have stuck with the marriage. Based on the conversations with his mom, he was more ready to be married. 

I could never reconcile hyperbolic virgin Iris to someone who would marry a stranger on TV and give it a real go. 

Jamie and Beth - obvious fame whores.

Deonna - desperate to get out of FWB and situationships

Greg - bizarrely believes in the experts and would be a great candidate for arranged marriage.

Amber - desperado 

Matt - homeless fame whore 

Keith - regular fame whore who wanted to boost his music career and make his grandma happy 

I disagree with these descriptions of Matt and Keith,  for while many people seek fame, not everyone who does is a "fame whore."

We saw neither man push his desired career on viewers---Matt wasn't shown "detailing" a car, and Keith wasn't shown serenading Iris. 

This opinion is fungible,  depending on if we see either man on "DWTS." Haha! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Matt was essentially homeless, unemployed and estranged from his family. I said months ago that he shouldn't have even gotten past the first round to be on this show. All the red flags, some people will choose not to see them. Matt will still get a lot of dates. For every douchebag, there's some woman who thinks that she'll be the one who can change him.

Amber won't learn from this. She was still looking at him so longingly after everything. She would hand him her entire paycheck right now if he asked her for it. This pattern will simply repeat for her.

Where the hell is the preview for the reunion? I don't want to watch this Marrying Millionaires show.

She was on Unfiltered last week or the week prior to that.

Exactly!! I agree with you 100% about Amber still wanting to be with him. I don't feel bad for Amber because she humiliated herself and she still wants to be with him. No matter what he does she will just kiss his ass more and more. She's so desperate it's ridiculous. She wanted everyone to start talking shit to him the day after like she's an innocent victim. She is NOT a victim. Her sister even told the whole world that she's like that with every guy she's been with, giving all her paychecks to her last boyfriend so he will stay with her. I knew he wasn't going to be attracted to her and she would take him back in a heartbeat. She dug her own grave.  She has no respect for herself she jumped on him the first night meeting him and kept asking permission to kiss and make out with him. The next day she starts saying she's going to have Matt the fifth or whatever number it was.  She scared him off looking and acting like a homeless cling on. How embarrassing and she knows her students and co workers would be watching. She did this to herself. I'm not mad at Matt,  she kissed his ass the whole time and now wants to be the victim and have everyone feeling sorry for her desperate ass just because he wasn't into her. I seriously think he's going to have to get a restraining order from her because she has serious stalker vibes. He said online in an article I read that he doesn't know why he was matched with a tomboy because that's not what he likes. To make things worse she's a cling on that looks like she just got out of bed everyday. No sorry feelings at all!!

• Love 9

Iris is no prize but at least she was honest, annoying but honest. 

Keith on the other hand. Did we ever see the real Keith? Like I said before, virginity never stopped any man. It stopped Keith because he didn't want her. Though Iris is arguably pretty, I don't think she was ever physically his type and once he got to know her it was clear to him and the rest of us that it was a personality mismatch. 

What I don't like is the fact that Keith he uses a lot of words to explain away why he wants a divorce when the truth is simple---he's just not into her. Blaming Iris' lack of relationship experience doesn't ring true IMO, there have been plenty of people that didn't have a long dating history who had successful relationships, also blaming her emotional immaturity (yes this is true, she does act like a big overgrown kid) but why isn't Keith straightforward, is he auditioning for something I don't know about. Why not say, "Iris we're incompatible, I'm more calm, reflective and reserved and you're so high energy and reactive, I've thought a lot about it and that's not something I want to change about myself or want you to change. We are who we are, but that's not going to fit into my vision of what I want a marriage to look like."

But that would involve Keith having a spine and admitting he had a preference without waffling like he always does. 

But he's so politician-like in his way of speaking and acting that he comes off as really fake. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I don't blame Matt for swigging a fuck you beer in the promos.  I wouldn't just sit there and be dumped on either. 

Um...He basically admitted to being an unrepentant philanderer who had volunteered to be MAFS! And get paid!

If ANYONE deserved to "be dumped on," it was duplicitous, hurtful Matt!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I disagree with these descriptions of Matt and Keith,  for while many people seek fame, not everyone who does is a "fame whore."

We saw neither man push his desired career on viewers---Matt wasn't shown "detailing" a car, and Keith wasn't shown serenading Iris. 

This opinion is fungible,  depending on if we see either man on "DWTS." Haha! 

Fair point. 

IMO, production decided they didn’t want to reward Matt by promoting his business and Iris’s virginity was a better storyline than Keith’s aspiring artistry.

Only the producers choose the footage that’s aired. Maybe there’s 100 hours of Keith jamming that we’ll never see. I recall something in the media thread about Keith staying out often, but all we saw of him was a devoted sex-starved husband. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, 2727 said:

That she went into the Decision Room thinking her marriage/relationship was good just indicates how little she understands adult interactions, or even romantic love.

I wish her well but don't have a lot of hope that she'll be able to break free of her arrested development when she doesn't even realize a problem exists. It's not about your virginity, Iris!

This exactly!  I think Iris was delusional thinking Keith was going to say yes.  He was so detached from her that even I could see it coming a mile away weeks ago.  It just shows how totally immature she is about people and relationships in general.  And THAT's why Keith wanted the divorce.  It's obvious he really cares about Iris but he knows she's too immature.  When he said they were in different places, he meant she was far behind him in terms of maturity.  When he said he would possibly be open to having some kind of relationship with her in the future, he meant "when and if she grows up".  Unfortunately I don't think he'll want to wait that long.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
59 minutes ago, antfitz said:

One question to the people on here:  Would any of you ever date mat?  He seemed dull and boring and disinterested.  He's also tall and geeky looking...not that all tell men look that way.  He wears the ball cap backwards and sideways like some 16 year old from the streets. It looks ridiculous.

I'm approaching 70, so my single hey-days were the Swinging Sixties.

Would I ever have dated Matt? Not even remotely my type, physically. Too tall. 

I would have made an exception only for Knick Dave Debusschere. Heh. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2