Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: The Forever Decision

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, PityFree said:

LOL. Keith just heard what Matt had done and the look of surprise on his face was priceless!

Totally agree.  The look on Keith's face when Elizabeth and Deonna started grilling Matt was GOLD.  

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Matt was this season's Luke. I hope this isn't a pattern we have to look forward to now.

I think Matt pissed me off more than Luke.  Luke was a POS as well but he seemed less . . . sociopathic about the whole thing.  Maybe not a whole lot but still less.  

42 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I agree.  I think he was turned off as soon as Amber said she did not want him to play pro ball in Europe. He probably plays ball as well as he has relationships..... In other words, he sucks.  He probably sucks in bed too. He's too selfish to be any good.  Tall, lumbering, and geeky  And he thinks hes a prize. 😂😝😱  He's a 🤡.

Lol

I think Matt was never turned on to Amber.  I don't think he was really attracted to he but she was so attracted to him, he probably figured might as well hit it.  

27 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Matt's kind of a sociopath. He seems incapable of emotion. There's something really wrong with him. How did he get on this show? He's like the first person who said he truly regretted it... and he's not wrong. He obviously just needed a free place to stay and some cash.

No "kind of" for me.  He was incredibly cold to Amber, likely angry with her for revealing his true self to the experts and the viewing audience.  I think if Amber had said she wanted to stay married, he would agree so he would have a place to live and someone to pay the bills and wash his clothes.   I mean, zero emotion about the end of the marriage (or "marriage").  Before the actual decision, he was talking a big game about how much he liked Amber and cared for her but saw none of that after the decision and very little before.  

He thought they were "just friends"?  When exactly?  And he wasn't getting what he wanted from Amber and thought they were just friends, so he got it elsewhere.  What exactly wasn't he getting?  Honestly, this was an 8 week experiment.  You can't give it a rest for eight freaking weeks?  

And when did Amber start hearing all these rumors?  You know it's got to be bad when fellow teachers bust your husband.  Charlotte isn't some little podunk town.  If she heard that Matt was texting another woman during the childhood home visit - - and even got screenshots of the texts, what was he saying???  And why didn't she rip him a new one as soon as she got proof??  

Arrrrghhhh.  Fuck you, Matt.  

• Love 22
27 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I disagree with these descriptions of Matt and Keith,  for while many people seek fame, not everyone who does is a "fame whore."

We saw neither man push his desired career on viewers---Matt wasn't shown "detailing" a car, and Keith wasn't shown serenading Iris. 

This opinion is fungible,  depending on if we see either man on "DWTS." Haha! 

Whatever Matt was in it for it was obvious he was partly in it for the paycheck and the apartment.  Obviously he didn't have any other income or place to live at the time.  Plus I'd bet my bank account that he was actually going to say "yes" if Amber did.  The look on his face told me he was changing his answer from his internal "script".  This guy had the BS down so pat he would have fabricated any lie if it meant he got to continue cashing in on the show and not care one bit about how it might hurt Amber.  He wanted to continue to push the image of being in this for the right reasons even if it meant continuing the marriage and still running around behind Amber's back.  When he was being called on his behavior he reacted like either a sociopath or a psychopath.  He is even scarier than Jamie.  In fact, one of the scariest ever on this show.

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, antfitz said:
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Ugh with Iris and her 14-year-old-girl personality.   She will never understand. 

I feel sorry for her. She's been brought up to be super religious and yet went into this situation

But her mom is so normal and seemingly logical and pragmatic. Why is Iris so tightly wound and prickly? She has a Church Lady (classic SNL reference — anyone?) judgmental air, always. Spare me. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Whatever Matt was in it for it was obvious he was partly in it for the paycheck and the apartment.  Obviously he didn't have any other income or place to live at the time.  Plus I'd bet my bank account that he was actually going to say "yes" if Amber did.  The look on his face told me he was changing his answer from his internal "script".  This guy had the BS down so pat he would have fabricated any lie if it meant he got to continue cashing in on the show and not care one bit about how it might hurt Amber.  He wanted to continue to push the image of being in this for the right reasons even if it meant continuing the marriage and still running around behind Amber's back.  When he was being called on his behavior he reacted like either a sociopath or a psychopath.  He is even scarier than Jamie.  In fact, one of the scariest ever on this show.

All probably true enough, but nought to do with his being a "fame whore" or not, which was the gist of my post you quoted.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Neither Amber or Liz know how to handle those bits of material they're kind of wearing.

At first I thought they were short dresses, but then realized they were shorts attached to the tops.  Elizabeth’s legs were all over the place, and that top was way too low.  This outfit belongs at a club.  Guess the shithead likes her that way.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

All probably true enough, but nought to do with his being a "fame whore" or not, which was the gist of my post you quoted.

I realize that, I was just using your post as a trampoline to bounce off my thoughts about possible reasons he got involved in this show other than any fame whore tendencies, which like you I'm not convinced were among his motivations either.

Edited by Yeah No
Verb tenses.
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

At first I thought they were short dresses, but then realized they were shorts attached to the tops.  Elizabeth’s legs were all over the place, and that top was way too low.  This outfit belongs at a club.  Guess the shithead likes her that way.

He actually thinks those revealing outfits make her too much of a "tease".  He thinks she's taunting him and getting him excited, then leaving him high and dry.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I hope Deonna says no. She doesn't deserve Greg and I think she knows it.

Greg better man up and stop taking shit from Deonna.  He is a prize, and she is nothing but a pain in the ass who calls all the shots.  Start treating him like a man instead of like a dog.  He needs sex, not a pat on the head like he’s a “good boy”.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Well I don't agree and I've already said Keith didn't want to continue being married to her because he felt she was too immature for him.  And I think he was right, and not just a guy that didn't find a woman "his type" and was BSing about why he wasn't interested in staying married. 

If he just came out with his real reasons it would be hurtful to her and so he put them in very general terms by saying "they were in different places right now" instead of saying she's too immature.  That's because he's actually thinking about her feelings, not trying to hide his. 

Plus I'm sure we didn't see all of what he said on decision day couch.  The show heavily edits those scenes.

I think it was both: she wasn't his type physically or personality wise. When it comes to relationships, if it isn't a hell yeah, it's a hell no. I have no issue with him saying Iris is immature, I just don't think he ever communicated what he was looking for or gave her an opportunity to provide it (and in my opinion he either didn't do it because he saw she was never going to change/couldn't change or he didn't physically want her).

What does "maturity" mean to him anyway? Does that mean he wants her to try new things in the bedroom, be vulnerable with him about her fears? Is it something he can't even explain but something he's had before and he just knows it when he sees it/feels it? All I ever heard him say was, "maturity, maturity, maturity" just like all I ever heard her say was, "virginity, virginity, virginity." 

Also you can let someone down without being an ass. My quote in my first post is an example of that. 

Anyway, we can agree to disagree, in general I like your posts and I know I'm in the minority here because everyone else likes Keith. 

• Love 10

Wow, 6 pages of comments already! Have not read yet but just wanted to say that Matt is a real piece of work! Ice in his veins! It really was chilling watching his interaction with the other couples. However needy Amber was, she did not deserve that pos husband. Dr. Pepper's incredulous comment that he thought it was okay to date while married! My heart broke for Amber but glad she wised up. I can't believe he was hitting on women left and right and Amber knew b/c friends at work knew the woman(en) he was hitting on. Pure garbage!

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, karenbrady said:
2 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Fukk you  "Pastor Cal" (insert eye roll) for rolling your eyes and almost having convulsions during Keith's explanation.  He did the right thing and he's entitled to his feelings and choice! Iris is a straight up clown and not because she's a virgin but because she's immature and silly at her age.  I'm happy for you Keith!

I totally agree. I was so annoyed at Pastor Cal and then his coddling of Iris. I am sorry she was hurt but she really could not read the room. The experts should never have paired these two. If her virginity was the only issue, I believe Keith would have been patient and worked on the marriage. However, it was her lack of emotional maturity and relationship experience that proved insurmountable for Keith. 

• Love 19

These are all shocking. I thought they would stick with it but Iris got what she deserved. Dangling it in front of him for 2 monthes. Acting like a child with that game they playd and she would not do one thing. married for 2 othes and you cant give it up. I am glad he dumped her. now I look back and see what an annoyance she must have been I am sure he thought if she hasn't done it after 2 monthes shes got A problem.    I turned on her when she played that game like a sissy child.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Keith was being nice.  I don't see him "dating" Iris in the future.  Like someone upthread said, it might be more about her personality than her virginity.  

2 hours ago, antfitz said:

And I didn't like that . I'm added Amber is embarrassed that you had sex with him, because goodness knows how many he had sex with while he was with her.  She should be tested right away.

Any of the women who saw this, will not want to have any kind of a serious relationship with him.

2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Matt was essentially homeless, unemployed and estranged from his family. I said months ago that he shouldn't have even gotten past the first round to be on this show. All the red flags, some people will choose not to see them. Matt will still get a lot of dates. For every douchebag, there's some woman who thinks that she'll be the one who can change him.

Amber won't learn from this. She was still looking at him so longingly after everything. She would hand him her entire paycheck right now if he asked her for it. This pattern will simply repeat for her.

Where the hell is the preview for the reunion? I don't want to watch this Marrying Millionaires show.

She was on Unfiltered last week or the week prior to that.

2 hours ago, spunky said:

Keith seems confused, he wants a divorce but he is still open to the possibility of something happening between them in the future. So why not stay married? I’m surprised that Jamie and Elizabeth decided to stay married. Their marriage seemed to be a toxic cesspool. Deonna and Greg, no surprise there. Amber congratulations on growing a spine and asking for a divorce. Matt is just salty because he thought he could have his cake and eat it too. I hope his side chick dumps him after watching the show.

1 hour ago, Kareem said:

I keep thinking of that photo of Jamie and all of the wives where Iris was looking more Tyra than Lennie Kravitz.  Maybe she’s turning over a new leaf... 

1 hour ago, kerrieway said:

Iris is no prize but at least she was honest, annoying but honest. 

Keith on the other hand. Did we ever see the real Keith? Like I said before, virginity never stopped any man. It stopped Keith because he didn't want her. Though Iris is arguably pretty, I don't think she was ever physically his type and once he got to know her it was clear to him and the rest of us that it was a personality mismatch. 

What I don't like is the fact that Keith he uses a lot of words to explain away why he wants a divorce when the truth is simple---he's just not into her. Blaming Iris' lack of relationship experience doesn't ring true IMO, there have been plenty of people that didn't have a long dating history who had successful relationships, also blaming her emotional immaturity (yes this is true, she does act like a big overgrown kid) but why isn't Keith straightforward, is he auditioning for something I don't know about. Why not say, "Iris we're incompatible, I'm more calm, reflective and reserved and you're so high energy and reactive, I've thought a lot about it and that's not something I want to change about myself or want you to change. We are who we are, but that's not going to fit into my vision of what I want a marriage to look like."

But that would involve Keith having a spine and admitting he had a preference without waffling like he always does. 

But he's so politician-like in his way of speaking and acting that he comes off as really fake. 

Whoever is dating Matt now, congratulations...you have a 300 pound piece of dead weight that will probably spend all his MAFS money on promoting his awesome musical talent.

That being said, Amber only divorced because she knew that Matt was only in it for the free room and board. She would happily take him back in a heartbeat. She really needs some good professional help that is not like these charlatans on this show.

Keith was never into Iris and he backed out as kindly as possible. Iris is beautiful and model like but that might not be his preference. Her odd combination of old lady mixed with immature junior high girl personality did not help. Personally, I think he was done when she scolded his best friends about the lemonade.

I feel like this show humiliates the women much more than the men. Assholes low lifes like Matt and Luke actually get a good edit compared to the shit they try to pull.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I feel like this show humiliates the women much more than the men. Assholes love life like Matt and Luke actually get a good edit compared to the shit they try to pull.

Absolutely right!! The worst male offenders have been serial cheaters (Matt), abusive (Ryan Denino), manipulative (Luke) and the list goes on. The best guys are portrayed as whipped people pleasers and the worst guys are portrayed as clueless about their own harmful behavior and points of view. 

Are the pickings this slim for men, why are there so many failure to launch man babies on the show?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Totally agree.  The look on Keith's face when Elizabeth and Deonna started grilling Matt was GOLD.  

I think Matt pissed me off more than Luke.  Luke was a POS as well but he seemed less . . . sociopathic about the whole thing.  Maybe not a whole lot but still less.  

I think Matt was never turned on to Amber.  I don't think he was really attracted to he but she was so attracted to him, he probably figured might as well hit it.  

No "kind of" for me.  He was incredibly cold to Amber, likely angry with her for revealing his true self to the experts and the viewing audience.  I think if Amber had said she wanted to stay married, he would agree so he would have a place to live and someone to pay the bills and wash his clothes.   I mean, zero emotion about the end of the marriage (or "marriage").  Before the actual decision, he was talking a big game about how much he liked Amber and cared for her but saw none of that after the decision and very little before.  

He thought they were "just friends"?  When exactly?  And he wasn't getting what he wanted from Amber and thought they were just friends, so he got it elsewhere.  What exactly wasn't he getting?  Honestly, this was an 8 week experiment.  You can't give it a rest for eight freaking weeks?  

And when did Amber start hearing all these rumors?  You know it's got to be bad when fellow teachers bust your husband.  Charlotte isn't some little podunk town.  If she heard that Matt was texting another woman during the childhood home visit - - and even got screenshots of the texts, what was he saying???  And why didn't she rip him a new one as soon as she got proof??  

Arrrrghhhh.  Fuck you, Matt.  

I agree that he would have stayed if she said yes but for ALL wrong reasons.

One question to the people on here:  Would any of you ever date mat?  He seemed dull and boring and disinterested.  He's also tall and geeky looking...not that all tell men look that way.  He wears the ball cap backwards and sideways like some 16 year old from the streets. It looks ridiculous.

Would YOU date him is a better question.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

YMMV, but I think Iris was a very difficult person in many ways.  She has a lot of preconceived ideas about people and relationships that I find childish and misplaced.  I would not even be able to be her friend because it would be like talking to a kid about these things.    You HAVE to be on similar levels of development emotionally to succeed.  He probably tried to give her the opportunity to respond in kind but she kept giving the same childish answers, so he couldn't get any closer to her.   I personally don't think it had ANYTHING to do with his level of physical attraction for her.  It was her arrested development that turned him off to her in that way.

I agree with your entire well- thought out post but especially the first part. Her mom seems so normal so I wonder where Iris has gotten her preconceived ideas about relationships from? Plus for a religious woman she comes off as very judgmental. If I were Keith I would have been out of there the 1st time she explained the 2 sinks for washing and no outside clothes on the bed. Too uptight and OCD. On a shallow note...her jewelry choices were fugly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I agree with your entire well- thought out post but especially the first part. Her mom seems so normal so I wonder where Iris has gotten her preconceived ideas about relationships from? Plus for a religious woman she comes off as very judgmental. If I were Keith I would have been out of there the 1st time she explained the 2 sinks for washing and no outside clothes on the bed. Too uptight and OCD. On a shallow note...her jewelry choices were fugly. 

Yeah, I forgot to mention the rigidity and OCD tendencies....Yikes.  I know, her mother seems so well adjusted and easygoing you'd almost never believe she raised Iris.  It makes me wonder if she became that way after attending a particularly strict religious school or something.  

Speaking of Iris, I thought it was strange and telling that she seemed to handle Keith's let down so well.  It made me think SHE wasn't all that into Keith herself.  There was no emotional melt down, no blubbering or tears, no devastation ala Amber.  It's like she half expected it and smirked like "oh well"......Then her face perked up when he gave her some hope of a possible future friendship or whatever.  I'm sorry but that was just WEIRD.  She was MARRIED to the guy but still acting like he was the boy that sat next to her in math class that didn't want to take her to the prom.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 10

Wow.  Loved Deonna and Greg.  And I love them equally.  Deonna was thoughtful and open to growing and changing the whole time.  These teo and Keith were by far the most mature, intelligent and compassionate on MAFS.  Itwas a pleasure watching them handle situations and staying adult. Just awesome people.  And I love Deonnas way of talking, her love of doing things, and her very loving looks at Greg  

No surprise Keith said no. He likes Iris and is attracted. But he noticed something all these specialists have not or have chosen to ignore. Iris needs an awful lot of counseling or sex therapy with professional surrogates which are available with therapy.  Keith used the right words “she is sexually immature.”  Smart and compassionate guy.   Iris will be a different woman once she can get past these hangups about intimacy.   Something happened in childhood.  

Amber too needy for a guy who has spent all adult life being independent. I can see why they didn’t work and not all Matts fault IMO.  He said it in many ways. He looked for full relationship. She was very dependent on him.   Did they ever just talk about mutual interests?  I don’t think they took time to know each other.  And really he’s having sort of midlife crisis and doesn’t really know what he wants.  So good split.  He is being pouty but he’s really not the whole problem   See, at end of program she’s still so needy   

Ok  Beth and Jaime   Im glad they stayed together  I think Beth has changed the most  i like Jamie and I hope Beth can tone it down  Her voice drives me nuts   But I see flashes of really good things for them    Jamie is grey!  What happened?  Haha   Wish them well   

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

I’ve read through most posts so far and I don’t think anyone has commented yet on how quickly and almost gleefully Matt took those pictures off the fridge and tossed them in the trash?! He has been an ass the whole time, but there was something about that that was just so incredibly cold and sociopathic. I get maybe tossing pictures after an ended relationship in private, but to do so without a shred of care in front of Amber who he knew had feelings for him was like twisting the knife in the wound.

Matt is pissed that Amber called him out on his bullshit. He was hoping this show would lead to musical or perhaps minor sports casting opportunities. He knows that hope is shot and like a typical sociopath, he blames Amber instead of looking at his own behavior. He also probably wanted to stay married just so he could crash at that apartment a little longer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

I know I'm in the minority here because everyone else likes Keith. 

Not everyone. I find him less annoying but equally frustrating. Keith mentioned at the couple's retreat that this is the most open he's ever been at this stage in a relationship. So for all the talk about Iris' emotional immaturity, Keith acknowledge that he's not typically the most emotionally available dude, either. Basically, he's a good looking 27yo dude who could be just as many years away from being ready to be married as Iris. 

• Love 7

Iris is religious.  If memory serves, she’s a purity ball girl, which is why her dad lost it during the reception.

I don’t think Keith is a bad guy.  I just think he was done like after lemonadegate as was mentioned upthread or after the quarter confession and not due to lack of sex.

Can they get an annulment?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Iris is dysfunctional. She isn’t comfortable with sexual talk or actions. She’s got a problem and Keith likely doesn’t know what to do about it.  Why should he?  She put down every activity they were given. This one is owned by so-called experts. They shouldn’t have been shocked. 

Dont blame Matt for leaving. Sorry.  Its over. 

• Love 6

My last tidbit of the night. Iris certainly did not have to give it up to Keith or any other man but she's holding on to that thing so tight that what's going to happen most likely and unfortunately is that she will end up giving it up to one of these fuktards out here. A Matt or a Luke or a Future. Ugh. In other words she can and very well may do a hell of alot worse than Keith. There's alot of trash in these streets Iris. Goodnight.

Edited by karenbrady
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

One question to the people on here:  Would any of you ever date mat?  He seemed dull and boring and disinterested.  He's also tall and geeky looking...not that all tell men look that way.  He wears the ball cap backwards and sideways like some 16 year old from the streets. It looks ridiculous.

No.  Never.  He's like a giant 15 year old.  That was some really cold behavior at that cookout.  He has no conscience about how he treats other people and I feel sorry for his future relationships. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Would love to hear the conversation between Iris and her mama.  I like her mother.  

Well her mama did tell Iris to take the plunge. No doubt she will be supportive but she needs to really have some heart to hearts with Iris and perhaps show her other points of view. I fear Iris is still in the dark about why her marriage failed.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, answerphone said:

Iris, the Christian lifelong virgin, wears a dress slit up to her crotch. 🤷

She confuses me no end, and I feel like she plays mind games.

Yes!  I think she's a tease.  Not that that means she should have given up her virginity if she didn't want to, but it had to be confusing for Keith.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Thank you.  Too little too late.  Matt got away with A LOT of nonsense.  

The thing is a lot of us early on knew he was no where near ready to settle down, he was homeless, not working as well as other issues. This instance and the guy from the last season should never have got through the screening process for the show IMHO.  They both caused a couple of innocent women a lot of heart ache and stress for nothing which is very unfair to them.

• Love 10

I not usually a hater, but I hate Matt with the fire of a thousand suns.

he was going in there to be filmed, and spewed out things like how they’ve grown in their relationship..... duuuuuuude, you’re the wooooorst!  And he has NOTHING to offer!  He really IS jobless, homeless and ridiculous.  He’s certainly not “all that”.  OMG, he just annoyed me to no end when Boobs was questioning him and he sputtered around that “they were friends, and he thought it would be okay”.  If he thought it was okay, why didn’t he tell Amber what he was doing when he was out there “finding himself”.  And bringing his “best self” back to the marriage.  🤮  Did anyone else catch my boy Greg worrying about Matt sitting down in the middle of the girls?  Hahaha!!!

i know I’m a fan club of exactly one, but I love Iris.  I know she was annoying and had her moments (like when she swallowed a quarter), but I loved her.  I was hurt that she was hurt.  Someone said upthread she must not have really been that invested in Keith, that she seemed to bounce back pretty quickly.  I disagree; I thought she was wearing her game face.  If you asked her, she’d say “oh Iris was upset, all right.  Iris just didn’t want to show it”.   Deonna also referred to herself as Deonna quite a bit.  This must be a trend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Well I don't agree and I've already said Keith didn't want to continue being married to her because he felt she was too immature for him.  And I think he was right, and not just a guy that didn't find a woman "his type" and was BSing about why he wasn't interested in staying married.  He had already given his concerns in talking heads and on decision day he was trying to be diplomatic and not hurt her by being too specific.  If he just came out with his real reasons it would be hurtful to her and so he put them in very general terms by saying "they were in different places right now" instead of saying she's too immature.  That's because he's actually thinking about her feelings, not trying to hide his.  He also didn't want to spew a load of BS the way Matt did either, and I admire him for that.  Plus I'm sure we didn't see all of what he said on decision day couch.  The show heavily edits those scenes.

I really agree with your assessment.

2 hours ago, zoltana said:

No.  Never.  He's like a giant 15 year old.  That was some really cold behavior at that cookout.  He has no conscience about how he treats other people and I feel sorry for his future relationships. 

Hopefully this will keep other women for making such a mistake.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Iris is dysfunctional. She isn’t comfortable with sexual talk or actions. She’s got a problem and Keith likely doesn’t know what to do about it.  Why should he?  She put down every activity they were given. This one is owned by so-called experts. They shouldn’t have been shocked. 

Dont blame Matt for leaving. Sorry.  Its over. 

I blame mat for ever staying. He wasn't ready and he knew it. And I'm beginning to believe the people that say he was on it because he was homeless.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, karenbrady said:

My last tidbit of the night. Iris certainly did not have to give it up to Keith or any other man but she's holding on to that thing so tight that what's going to happen most likely and unfortunately is that she will end up giving it up to one of these fuktards out here. A Matt or a Luke or a Future. Ugh. In other words she can and very well may do a hell of alot worse than Keith. There's alot of trash in these streets Iris. Goodnight.

She doesn't have to give it up. But as a married woman, she should. That's what marriage is about sharing everything including sex.  I wonder if she is asexual,  Because she didn't have any kind of feeling or wanting to have any intimacy. They didn't really kiss or make out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Maybe Matt figured he'd get much more "car detailing" PR than he did, plus possibly a hot chick and a cool vacation besides. 

And then he thought, "One out of three is bad" and so started hitting the bars and hitting on women. Matt learned long ago he is able to charm for a night, which he showed is all he's good for, even if the night is his wedding one. 

Soon, though, Matt will just be a tall divorced guy struggling to make a living cleaning cars. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

The MFS poseurs, Pepper, Cal, and the other one where exuberant after Jamie expressed a desire to stay married.  They see staying marriage as an "A" rating for themselves.  They should be looking at developing healthy relationships as the goal, not continuing to stay married.  Where's Cilona when you need him?

The editors really worked hard to get the poseurs reacting to every statement, and who knows when the shots they inserted were taken.  Hell, they could have put reactions to Matt into a different couple's couch time.

How about that Iris? 😖 'I'm saving myself for my husband'.  Then she has a husband, but saves herself for something else.  She really showed Keith she did not want to stay together by not offering herself to her husband.  Iris should have a glass of ice cold lemonade and think about what she has done.

Edited by Liberty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I don’t blame Iris for not wanting to do the deed before D-Day nor do I blame him for not wanting to either.  As some others have said, she has other issues that would make the time together a challenge. She could change the V issue down the road but she doesn’t seem capable of changing her odd beliefs, restrictions, reactions and incessant yammering about nothing. She’s not the only one who came into this unprepared.  

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I don’t blame Iris for not wanting to do the deed before D-Day

If she had said 'I'm saving it for my soulmate' it would have been different than saying 'I'm saving it for my husband'.  She had a husband and did not.  That behavior can be interpreted in many ways.

26 minutes ago, Kareem said:

She’s not the only one who came into this unprepared.  

Truer words were never written.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, antfitz said:

He deserved to be dumped on. He has the attitude of a typical professional ball player. What did his ugly a** think,  He was going to get a supermodel?

I don’t think it matters who Matt was matched with. He isn’t marriage material period. He at least was honest with Amber when he said it wasn’t her fault. She has real issues that she needs to address but even if she’d been his perfect type he’d have done exactly as he wanted. Maybe it just would have taken a little longer for him to start trolling the bars. 

Some people aren’t capable of healthy relationships and I believe Matt is one of those people. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I totally agree. I was so annoyed at Pastor Cal and then his coddling of Iris. I am sorry she was hurt but she really could not read the room. The experts should never have paired these two. If her virginity was the only issue, I believe Keith would have been patient and worked on the marriage. However, it was her lack of emotional maturity and relationship experience that proved insurmountable for Keith. 

Me too.  Keith is allowed to make his own choice.  The experts were all disgusted at Keith for his choice.  That was so rude of them. 

Call me crazy, but I can see Big Red and Jamie making it work, and I might be kind of rooting for them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12