Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: The Forever Decision

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2019 at 8:52 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I swear, I want Keith and Iris to stay together just so that we can see the beautiful children they’ll create.  Of course, that will require Iris to . . . uh . . .

I think Iris just wants a friend to be able to hang out with. She is not even close to giving up the cookie.  Keith doesn't seem that he is only focused on that but GEEZ give the man something - he is your husband.

According to the reunion previews - the may have gotten back together...she should be so lucky

On 9/11/2019 at 9:00 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

DAAAAAMN.  Keith!

There’s nothing wrong with being a virgin, but she couldn’t fully commit to the marriage if she wasn’t willing to take a risk and “relinquish“ her virginity.  Like it or not, sex is part of a marriage.  

Iris, get some therapy, hon.  You really, really need it. 

I could not agree more!!! Well said!

• Love 6
On 9/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, CSunshine76 said:

I haven’t seen all seasons and this is the first time I’ve seen opposite answers....DAMN!!!! But who can blame Keith?! 

Yes Lawd! Who could blame him! She seemed to think that someone would put up with no sex and being sanctimonious - can't be both! LOL

• Love 8
2 hours ago, karenbrady said:

All of this. Well he's stuck with that silly voice and dude rag now but he's good with it because he is WHIPPED but how I don't know because she wasn't giving it up like that.  I didn't care for that 'match' at all. 

He’s too good for once every other month.  She better shape up, and he better get a little tougher instead of being a wimp.  I’d still like to know about that ten year secret thing she’s hung up on.  I hope she doesn’t need the dog biscuits.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Jamie Otis didn't have sex before D-Day and they're still some kind of married.  Still believe that Iris didn't have to give it up to be in the running.  She just had to be something other than a childish hyper hung up marathon mouth experiment wife in order for him to want to stay with her. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

BAHAHA. Sure. You can say negative things in a nicer way. Just DON'T BS or hold back!! It's less about words & more about TRUTH. Actually explaining & referencing events would help with understanding. It's helpful & useful. This is the problem with lying & bsing in a "relationship." You should give more than bs, given all the time spent. No one's a hero trying to "spare feelings" by bsing. HONESTY is the hero! 😂

That might be how you like to roll but that doesn’t mean it works for everyone.  Clearly Iris didn’t like the honesty of her attractive 27 year old husband being sexually active.  She was petty and ridiculous acting like Keith should have been holding off just like she was.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

That might be how you like to roll but that doesn’t mean it works for everyone.  Clearly Iris didn’t like the honesty of her attractive 27 year old husband being sexually active.  She was petty and ridiculous acting like Keith should have been holding off just like she was.

I mean, it is what it is. Can't bother being upset with someone's truth, doesn't change it. Yes. She reacted poorly, but she didn't hold it against him!! She got over it & kept it moving, he didn't!! WAS he sexing up until wedding day?? Good for him, since he didn't get any for 8 weeks. That was stupid, leaving an EMPTY boxxx! Destroy the evidence! 😂😂 He should've told her that was a red flag/strike & he'd be backing out of the marriage cuz that's how he is & being married doesn't change that, since that's prolly what he did. But that could've & should've been worked thru since they were MARRIED, NOT counting trivial red flags/strikes. 😒😒 Ugh. Them quitter types... punks marriage ain't for!!

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:
1) Why do they call it "The Forever Decision"? 

1) It's the "Forever Decision" (or Decision Day, or "D-Day") because the so-called "experts," the shared wedding day and the paid-for 'group' honeymoon, the production crew and cameras, the obligatory shared ('free') block of temporary-living apartments, and the shared "mini-moon" (all in the same 'vacation' house rented by MAFS), etc. --finally go away.

It's each spouse's chance to finally choose to be married --or not. After that, the remaining couples are (at least theoretically) like other newly-married couples, handling their own finances and making their own decisions [almost] privately in an real marriage. 

9 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

2) Does anyone really [think] Greg/Deonna and Jamie/Eliz will be together forever?

2) With Greg and Deonna, I think that's possible --but if they do stay married, Deonna will continue to be the boss of everything in their relationship.

3) Jamie and Elizabeth: I hope not!!  I seriously think it's likely that one of them will physically abuse and/or try to kill the other one (probably Jamie, because Beth won't "put out" when he demands it).

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Jamie Otis didn't have sex before D-Day and they're still some kind of married.  Still believe that Iris didn't have to give it up to be in the running.  She just had to be something other than a childish hyper hung up marathon mouth experiment wife in order for him to want to stay with her. 

Jaime Otis is trying to milk the MAFS cash cow as much as possible. She now has the distinction of having the longest lasting marriage on this show and she is not giving that up easily. Once MAFS stops calling she will be out the door.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/11/2019 at 10:07 PM, gonecrackers said:

Matt doesn't feel things that aren't his dick in multiple women.

LMAAO and I was truly afraid he was going to stand up and slap Big Red with his big dick at the cook-out.  Right across the mouth and walk out. Jamie would have just sat there and said "yeah, get'em girl". 

Edited by karenbrady
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

As soon as MAFS gravy train stops, JamieO will pack up the kids and leave Doug back at his mother's house.....

Doug has been incapable of holding down a job and other than drone(the queen bee consort) services and the occasional MAFS Dog and Pony shows he basically just holds JamieO's purse with his balls tucked inside....

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think that there is a very strong expectation - if not a contractual obligation - for the couples to stay at least minimally involved throughout filming (with hopefully some exceptions for couples that are unsafe together). I would be much less likely to watch the reunion if one or more of the couples ended their relationship prior to that day. And if the option existed, who's to say that they all wouldn't split prior to the end of the two months. Not to mention that the entire structure of the show is to keep couples together for two months so that they can't just call it quits when things get tough - the idea is that an artificial "deadline" will force them to work through issues that might split them up if they were only dating and not actually married.

Nah. They can leave at ANY TIME. Hello Heather!! Season 4!! Props to that girl!! That's how they film after it's over, SEPARATELY, NOT a fake marriage. If they're done & won't try to grow the marriage, QUIT!! PLEASE!!

EXACTLY!! That's the point, but many do quit & we have to watch BS!! Like the extreme, Matt, & the low-key, Keith. Then there's the abuser, Jamie. I don't want to see that!!

25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Keith was always pretty clear about why he left the marriage and what was bothering him. He didn't want a sexless marriage and that's what he had with Iris. I don't understand where you got the "I have to charrrrrge" thing. I think that Keith would have been open to a sexual relationship with his wife - even with her inexperience - if she had ever expressed that she was comfortable with her sexuality and ready to have sex. She didn't. Even talking about sex was obviously uncomfortable for her, much less actually doing anything. There was no sense that this was going to change for Iris anytime soon if ever. So I don't agree that Keith was misleading or dishonest or faking. He wanted sexual intimacy with his partner and Iris couldn't give him that. It was a deal breaker.

Haha. Did he EXPLICITLY say that?? NO!! Even at the Decision, he still hid & said "relationship experience." 😂 We shouldn't have to break down & interpret what he's using a lot of words, but not saying. Neither should his WIFE!! He refuses to be COMPLETELY UPFRONT & HONEST. Just BS! 😒 I don't think he would've had sex with her, he likes sexual maturity. He wants someone who's out running the streets! 😝 Jk. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Are we sure that Iris understands that kiss on the cheek doesn't count as "oral sex?"

I, for one, don't think he was faking anything. I think that there is a very strong expectation - if not a contractual obligation - for the couples to stay at least minimally involved throughout filming (with hopefully some exceptions for couples that are unsafe together). I would be much less likely to watch the reunion if one or more of the couples ended their relationship prior to that day. And if the option existed, who's to say that they all wouldn't split prior to the end of the two months. Not to mention that the entire structure of the show is to keep couples together for two months so that they can't just call it quits when things get tough - the idea is that an artificial "deadline" will force them to work through issues that might split them up if they were only dating and not actually married.

I'm going to just agree to disagree with you here because I think that Keith was always pretty clear about why he left the marriage and what was bothering him. He didn't want a sexless marriage and that's what he had with Iris. I don't understand where you got the "I have to charrrrrge" thing. I think that Keith would have been open to a sexual relationship with his wife - even with her inexperience - if she had ever expressed that she was comfortable with her sexuality and ready to have sex. She didn't. Even talking about sex was obviously uncomfortable for her, much less actually doing anything. There was no sense that this was going to change for Iris anytime soon if ever. So I don't agree that Keith was misleading or dishonest or faking. He wanted sexual intimacy with his partner and Iris couldn't give him that. It was a deal breaker.

Totally agree on all counts!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Greg is the most educated person to be on this show.   He has earned that nice big house!!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregoryokotie

I think Boston Jon has two masters degrees (I remember finding out that he was a second-degree connection of mine on LinkedIn when that season aired), and I think I remember Deonna saying that getting a masters was one of the things she'd done in the last ten years. Jamie has an MBA. (I was wrong about his title - he's a developer, not a consultant. I thought the show listed him as a financial consultant. It sounds like he's a technical consultant in the finance industry, which is not the same as a financial consultant.) They've had some pretty accomplished people on this show, including Greg.

Edited: when you look at Jamie's profile, LI suggests the other participants. Deonna has an MBA. Matt's says he's been doing the car detailing thing for 7 months.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

1) It's the "Forever Decision" (or Decision Day, or "D-Day") because the so-called "experts," the shared wedding day and the paid-for 'group' honeymoon, the production crew and cameras, the obligatory shared ('free') block of temporary-living apartments, and the shared "mini-moon" (all in the same 'vacation' house rented by MAFS), etc. --finally go away.

It's each spouse's chance to finally choose to be married --or not. After that, the remaining couples are (at least theoretically) like other newly-married couples, handling their own finances and making their own decisions [almost] privately in an real marriage. 

2) With Greg and Deonna, I think that's possible --but if they do stay married, Deonna will continue to be the boss of everything in their relationship.

3) Jamie and Elizabeth: I hope not!!  I seriously think it's likely that one of them will physically abuse and/or try to kill the other one (probably Jamie, because Beth won't "put out" when he demands it).

No, Beth is the violent one! Jamie just sits there & watches her make an ass of herself!

17 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think Boston Jon has two masters degrees (I remember finding out that he was a second-degree connection of mine on LinkedIn when that season aired), and I think I remember Deonna saying that getting a masters was one of the things she'd done in the last ten years. Jamie has an MBA. (I was wrong about his title - he's a developer, not a consultant. I thought the show listed him as a financial consultant. It sounds like he's a technical consultant in the finance industry, which is not the same as a financial consultant.) They've had some pretty accomplished people on this show, including Greg.

Edited: when you look at Jamie's profile, LI suggests the other participants. Deonna has an MBA. Matt's says he's been doing the car detailing thing for 7 months.

He probably used his MAFS paycheck as his start up money. Better that than his music.

• LOL 4

I liked the Walk of Shame Cookout as the cast was moving out of the Solis Apartments....

Make the villains accountable to their peers, let the cast mates (villagers with torches) stone them and burn them at the stake...so to speak...

Production: What's up Matt?

Matt: I don't want to go to the cook out with the rest of the cast.

I'm just throwing my stuff into a couple of Heftys and blow.

Production: You won't get your check until after the cookout....and by the way, it is only half the amount....

Matt: WTF?

Production: You'll get the rest of your money after the Reunion show...so show up...

Amber and Lizzy...that's a good friendship....she can help Teacher get her oily hair under control and introduce her to a hairbrush....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I think it is time to cancel "Couples Couch".

What does anyone else think?

Cancel it.

Plus, those couples seem so smug and who knows?  They might be divorced this time next year.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

As soon as MAFS gravy train stops, JamieO will pack up the kids and leave Doug back at his mother's house.....

Doug has been incapable of holding down a job and other than drone(the queen bee consort) services and the occasional MAFS Dog and Pony shows he basically just holds JamieO's purse with his balls tucked inside....

Doug has been working at his current job for two years and his previous job for three years.

He's employed!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/douglas-hehner-67858149

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

This keeps getting repeated but it is NOT what Deonna said or intended in that conversation. Greg asked her what the least frequent she could put up with was, and that was her limit. She said IF it were that rare it would have to be mind-blowing to make up for the infrequency. Sometimes these forums feel like a game of Whisper Down the Lane! 

Thank you for fighting the good fight.

20 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

This is actually why I think they could last a long time. They both seem to accept that their relationship is going to be volatile, even if they pay lip service to the idea that it shouldn’t be. Some couples just like being miserable together and these two might be that type. As Beth said when they were toasting the decision, “he’s crazy, but he’s my kind of crazy!” She sounded kind of happy about it. I just feel bad for their pets and hope they don’t bring any small humans into that environment. Fortunately they seem to agree on being childfree which is a first on MAFS. 

I was thinking along those same lines.  Even for couples who are generally chill and get along, raising kids can be a huge source of conflict, and I shudder to think what would happen to these two if that were heaped on them.

I can't imagine what it takes to be the kind of person who enjoys the sort of relationship they have, but if they keep it to themselves and it makes them happy, then good for them. And as someone opined, if they stay together then they won't be dragging even more families into their world of dysfunction, and I think that's a good thing.

18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

If I were Keith, hell yes I would be waiting for Iris to very specifically say “I am ready to have sex with you” if for no other reason that he wouldn’t want Iris to accusing him of forcing her or pressuring her or whatever. 

Or having a slip.  Things can get pretty slick down there, and if I were Keith, I would be terrified of a subtle misdirection, so I'd keep that thing waaaaay away from her until I got a signed statement.

12 hours ago, luckylou said:

Her biggest secret was swallowing a quarter?  Surely the intention of the “expert” was to get both of them talking about a really personal secret experience.  I wonder what Keith's was?  I don’t think this was shared with us.  Why not?

Someone in another thread said that Iris required emergency surgery because the quarter got lodged, which makes sense, since she said only her mother and the doctors know about it.  Until I knew that, it seemed like a REALLY stupid "secret"--hey, as an adult I swallowed a pinball because I was rolling it around in my mouth while lying on my back, and I would never consider that a secret.  But if the consequences of her swallowing the quarter were as severe as they sound, then she might be ashamed or embarrassed that her stupidity led to such a big deal, and she could understandably not want other people to know, and it's therefore a secret.  She's so uptight I could see that happening. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

I liked the Walk of Shame Cookout as the cast was moving out of the Solis Apartments....

Make the villains accountable to their peers, let the cast mates (villagers with torches) stone them and burn them at the stake...so to speak...

Production: What's up Matt?

Matt: I don't want to go to the cook out with the rest of the cast.

I'm just throwing my stuff into a couple of Heftys and blow.

Production: You won't get your check until after the cookout....and by the way, it is only half the amount....

Matt: WTF?

Production: You'll get the rest of your money after the Reunion show...so show up...

Amber and Lizzy...that's a good friendship....she can help Teacher get her oily hair under control and introduce her to a hairbrush....

Yeah, but Matt didn't stay for the required 15 minutes, so he only gets 1/4 of the contracted amount.  He doesn't need much anyway since he will just crash on his friends' couches.

42 minutes ago, OnTime said:

yup, does nothing for me

18 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Doug has been working at his current job for two years and his previous job for three years.

He's employed!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/douglas-hehner-67858149

and he puts being on this show as work experience?  ok

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

OMG, your comments are toooo funny and right on!!!!!  I thought Matt was unbelievable! Where TF does he get the Nerve to go out gallivanting (and possibly even cheating) every day and leave Amber alone??? He signed up for this show and he isn’t even remotely Marriage Material. How, out of all The THOUSANDS of applicants, did they select him to be on this show?  WTF?

Is there an address where you can write the producer of this show? I want to comment on this season’s show!!! Thx!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Yes!!!  That show is so stupid and boring, what is the premise of it? To see their reactions to certain episodes?  I think it’s such a waste of time, and they get paid $$$ for that. So not fair!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don’t believe Iris had “oral sex” at all!!!  NO WAY!  If she is so immature and squeamish at the mere mention of “S E X”, she definitely Did Not do any oral sex on a guy. Sorry, but that is much worse and more ‘lewd’ than regular sex for a Professional Virgin like Iris. No one as uptight as her, even saw a guy naked, I’m sure of that. I thought Iris’ reaction to sex in general and especially that game that they were playing on the bed was so unbelievable. She acted like a 10 y.o. kid. She should have been a mature, (horny) adult lying next to cutie Keith. Instead, she was like this frigid ice maiden. Sad...... 

So what is Iris now - A Divorced Virgin ‼️‼️‼️🙀

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Jaime Otis is trying to milk the MAFS cash cow as much as possible. She now has the distinction of having the longest lasting marriage on this show and she is not giving that up easily. Once MAFS stops calling she will be out the door.

But she didn’t know she’d be their perky pet mascot on D-Day. Sex or no sex wasn’t the basis of that marriage.  

Iris was uncomfortable giving it up and he was uncomfortable going for it. Understandably for both.  I don’t agree that she had to do that in order to keep him was my point.  She had plenty of other issues.   

• Love 14
2 hours ago, SandraB said:

No, Beth is the violent one! Jamie just sits there & watches her make an ass of herself!

At this point, neither of them has been shown to have a history of violence against humans

Knocking over a coffee table doesn't count. And I'll acknowledge that turning red and stiffening every muscle in his body from anger while declaring that he has to leave doesn't count as violence, either. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Purplelady25 said:

Yes!!!  That show is so stupid and boring, what is the premise of it? To see their reactions to certain episodes?  I think it’s such a waste of time, and they get paid $$$ for that. So not fair!

EZ 'job' with EZ money for those boring people.

I think anyone would be boring on "Couples Couch" - they're all too afraid to say what they really think. A.J. might be the exception, but they'd probably have to edit the fuck out of every brutally honest thought, so it'd just end up boring again.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I wonder. Greg and Deonna are both admittedly very religious Christians. I highly doubt the church they’re attending/have attended in the past has taught anything other than a traditional patriarchal doctrine. Greg would be expecting to be the head of the household as a Christian husband. Deonna would be expecting to submit to her husband. 

His father is Nigerian and had at least two wives so we know what kind of society that is. And even if he had zero contact with his father growing up, his religious single mother would have taken him to churches that again, teach the same doctrine he’s practicing now. 

I don’t think Greg wants a supplicant but I doubt he’d welcome a dominant woman who wanted to call the shots. He is smitten with Deonna but if she Jasmine’s him it would never last. That type of relationship is in conflict with his values. He likely wants a woman who can be strong (like his mother surely had to be), but who is secure enough in their faith to allow him to lead. 

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, luckylou said:

I thought Keith worked as a basketball coach or something.  Somewhere on this site I saw reference to his being a musician, and on his Facebook it says he studied acoustic engineering at Greensboro or someplace.  I don’t have any real idea of what anyone does here.  We found out Greg has a big, nice house...what does he do?  I agree with those who liked the real life type discussions of money found on earlier seasons.  In truth, money and how you handle it is a big issue in many marriages.

I recall he was listed as Owner of a Learning Center in a chyon on the Decision Day episode.

• Love 1

Oh Amber. She waited until Decision Day, AFTER saying divorce, to confront him about his cheating & try to get answers?? TOO. LATE. HUN. It's officially a WRAP!! DON'T LOOK BACK!! She had him figured out by the retreat. He avoided you most of the time, WHY would he face you now?? You'd just hear more bs anyway. She shoulda said, "You're TRASH & you'll get what you deserve." 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Can we get a summary for those of us who don't use LinkedIn? I can't view anything unless I sign up and I'm not spamming all my contacts just for some minor tea! 😆

Greg has a master's in biomedical engineering from the University of Wisconsin at Madison and did his undergrad at St. Augustine's University, studying engineering mathematics. He worked as a systems engineer before he owned the learning center he owns now.

Jamie has an MBA and a BA in economics, both from University of South Carolina at Columbia.

Deonna has a BS in healthcare management and an MBA, both from Winthrop University.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Kareem said:

I really don't think the V-card had anything to do with his decision not to get married to Iris.  I think the attraction he had for her didn't last that long.  If he was attracted to her and thought she was the one, I think the V-card would have been something wonderful to him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I think anyone would be boring on "Couples Couch" - they're all too afraid to say what they really think. A.J. might be the exception, but they'd probably have to edit the fuck out of every brutally honest thought, so it'd just end up boring again.

They're trying to copy the success of Pillow Talk on TLC, where previous fiances watch new episodes of 90-Day Fiance with a spouse or relative, but it's just not as fun. On TLC they seem to be encouraged to be outrageous (for those who watch, Tarek and Dean will say whatever is on their minds!). I'm not sure if the MAFS couples are discouraged from being candid or they're just weenies. Well, I'm pretty sure Bobby and Danielle are just weenies.

It might work if they took a more "behind the scenes" approach. The other night someone (Anthony?) alluded to Cal being really mad in one scene, and someone else (Jasmine?) said he was a freak. I'd like to know a little more about those hints and how the cast members got those reads on him. Then Jamie Otis let out a pretty salty comment about Matt, which was funny since she has to pretend to be neutral on Unfiltered. I wish they'd tell us more about what it's like to film and how much time they actually spend with the "experts," and what those relationships are really like.

6 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t think Greg wants a supplicant but I doubt he’d welcome a dominant woman who wanted to call the shots. He is smitten with Deonna but if she Jasmine’s him it would never last. That type of relationship is in conflict with his values. He likely wants a woman who can be strong (like his mother surely had to be), but who is secure enough in their faith to allow him to lead. 

There are evangelical beliefs, but then there are also innate personalities. It's not unheard of for a more laid-back guy to marry a more assertive or goal-oriented woman, while both are also devout believers. Some good examples in the public sphere are Ben and Jessa (Duggar) Seewald, Jeremy and Audrey Roloff, Zack and Tori Roloff, Chip and Joanna Gaines, and Emmitt and Pat Smith. Most of those men seem quite happy with their spouses, or if they aren't, it doesn't appear to be a result of the relative levels of dominance but because they're just crazy or dumb. 

4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Greg has a master's in biomedical engineering from the University of Wisconsin at Madison

Damn. That is by far the most impressive. Madison is no joke and that field of study is NO JOKE.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Notice how the couples that stayed together were at the bbq first?? Wonder if that means they didn't have to pack up & get the hell out. Deonna & Greg don't wanna hang with Jamie & Elizabeth, they don't know how to act in public!! 😂

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Kareem said:

But she didn’t know she’d be their perky pet mascot on D-Day. Sex or no sex wasn’t the basis of that marriage.  

Iris was uncomfortable giving it up and he was uncomfortable going for it. Understandably for both.  I don’t agree that she had to do that in order to keep him was my point.  She had plenty of other issues.   

Jaime is very good friend with one of the producers. She has gotten spin off shows , commercials, and hosts Unfiltered. She was also motivated by wanting children. 

I do not want to be sexist but if a guy was so repulsed by his wife that he collapses into a ball of sobs on his wedding day, I don’t see him going through with the marriage, contract or no contract. 

It is true she did not know all this on D-day.

It is great if Doug has been gainfully for the last 3 years. They lost out on a house one time because cause Doug had a giant mound of debt that he kept hidden from her.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

There are evangelical beliefs, but then there are also innate personalities. It's not unheard of for a more laid-back guy to marry a more assertive or goal-oriented woman, while both are also devout believers. Some good examples in the public sphere are Ben and Jessa (Duggar) Seewald, Jeremy and Audrey Roloff, Zack and Tori Roloff, Chip and Joanna Gaines, and Emmitt and Pat Smith. Most of those men seem quite happy with their spouses, or if they aren't, it doesn't appear to be a result of the relative levels of dominance but because they're just crazy or dumb.

I’m not familiar with the Smiths and I’ve never watched the Roloffs so I can’t speak to those relationships.

What I’m referring to though is the idea in the OP that Deonna would be calling the shots in the marriage forever - or at all. The constant comments about her setting a schedule on their sex life (though she never said that) are of the same idea, that she would be running the show in the Okotie household. I don’t see where GREG would be okay with that. 

I do know that Ben is widely considered to be dumb, but Jessa is pumping kids out on a regular basis which is the doctrine she was taught ever since she was a child. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I like Doug but have always wondered why he doesn't get those three ugly moles on his face  removed.  Surely everybody, along with me, see them and wonder???

He has said it would leave scars that would be worse.  He does look better with a beard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/13/2019 at 1:46 AM, qtpye said:

He is a liar...but the lies were motivated by not wanting to hurt or humiliate her on tv. What he does not understand is that by lying about his true feelings, he actually her more.

He likes her in a baby sister type way and not like a man likes a wife.

But, he did humiliate her on TV with his lies. Iris thought they were doing good, compatible and on the same re: their marriage. Now. She looks like a fool who doesn’t know how to read the signs because Keith was honest in talking heads about his feelings but didn’t talk about any of the issues face to face 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Jame is a vp at BofA.  😵

Your comment reminded me that I had a friend who was a vice-president at a bank years ago.  Her dad was proudly telling everyone that this daughter was vice-president, and she would just roll her eyes because everybody at the bank was a vice-president.

So I did some searching to see if my memory was correct, and I found an interesting article called "Your Charlotte bank VP title doesn’t really mean much." 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/26103/your-charlotte-bank-vp-title-doesnt-really-mean-much/

• Useful 5
  • Love 2