Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Holy Ship!

• Start Topic

Ben is determined to regain his sea legs, but Sirocco's faulty galley has other plans; Travis' latest drunken night has Sandy at the end of her rope; Jack writes poetry for Aesha; rough seas has everyone holding on for dear life.

Airs September 9, 2019.

Travis needs medical help.  Depression is a nasty illness.  

Domes to keep the food warm.  What a concept!

Ana should have found some locals and showed them pics of what she was looking for.  Maybe ask at a hotel or something.  

ALCOHOL NOW!  Here we go....

They were surprisingly well behaved, except for black dress girl.  Jet ski dude was funny.

Ben's food looks good.  He's right about that tiny galley.  Nasty burn.  Cold water!  Lots of it.

Good for Jwow not making excuses.  Looks like a rather complicated repair on the motor.  Oops!

It's impossible to tell with the editing, but it always looks like Sandy waits to long to move the boat and ends up with rough seas.  Had no idea she had a problem with alcohol, but I don't think telling Travis to "just quit for 30 days" will have any effect.

Colin is cute as always.  Jack and Aesha are still annoying.

• Love 17
47 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Hey, cheers to all of you who have been calling for cloches for the plates!

I wonder if it was colder when they filmed this season than the prior 2 (I think both two and three were on Sircico but it could have just been last season) seasons because while there were some issues with Adam’s food it wasn’t temp related. I know the burners have been acting up but that shouldn’t make a difference once the food is to temp. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can’t with Sandy anymore. She’s so unprofessional. Hugging your employees? Sharing your addiction story? Did I miss Travis asking her to share it? This season has to be ending soon, right? I have to give up live tweeting BDM, the Sandy love over 'der is mind boggling. Or mute a ton of peeps 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Why is Sandy hugging Travis? Stevie Wonder could see how inappropriate that was. I understand her hugging Hannah and Joao because she’s known them longer and has a maternal relationship with one of them. But with everyone else it’s extremely inappropriate. Travis needs an inpatient detox program, where he can receive both mental health and substance abuse counseling. Again we have the camera being focused on Aesha’s butt, it’s so close I can see what she ate for breakfast the day before. Producers we don’t need to see Aesha and Jack getting frisky with each other, they’re gross enough as it is. Jack’s work ethic seems to be improving now that he knows he’ll get fired if he slacks off. These guests seem to be pretty calm so far. Hannah if the equipment you needed to do your job was acting up all the time, you’d be cranky too. So sit down!

• Love 14

Why is Sandy in every scene hugging her employees?

Cheers to Ben for continuing to work with that nasty burn.  I would guess he’s used to burns but that looked particularly painful.

Whats up with the rough seas?  I’d be sick and ticked if I wAs a guest.

Did Ben turn Hannah down or something? She’s had it out for him since she saw him walking to the boat.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Cheers to Ben for continuing to work with that nasty burn.  I would guess he’s used to burns but that looked particularly painful.

Did Ben turn Hannah down or something? She’s had it out for him since she saw him walking to the boat.

Yes, Ben turned Hannah down during BDM's first season. She's resented him ever since. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

i'm really tired of sandy hugging everyone...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

In one of the past seasons, Hannah threw herself at Ben and he didn’t want anything to do with her in a sexual way.  In past seasons Bens hooked up with at least 4 other stews.   To the best of my memory he hooked up with, Kate Chastain, Kat Held, Tiffany Copeland and Emily Warburton-Adams.

Bens food looked great today.

I think it was very brave of Sandy to talk about her addiction.  

Edited by Emmeline
Correction
  • Love 18
47 minutes ago, spunky said:

Hannah if the equipment you needed to do your job was acting up all the time, you’d be cranky too. So sit down!

Eh Ben finds something to overreact to and throw a tantrum about every season. 

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, laprin said:

I don’t understand the consternation over a hug when this crew literally lives together. Besides nothing about the way they operate is exactly SOP for an office environment. You might be shocked to learn how common hugging is in the business community. I am not a hugger but when I moved to Baltimore I quickly learned after one introduction, the next time anyone sees you, it’s all “hugs” even at corporate events. 

Because she tells them she’s not their friend and then crosses the boundary she created.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Eh Ben finds something to overreact to and throw a tantrum about every season. 

He can be dramatic that’s for sure. But I understand his frustration with a stove that doesn’t work, therefore I’m giving him a pass this time.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, spunky said:

He can be dramatic that’s for sure. But I understand his frustration with a stove that doesn’t work, therefore I’m giving him a pass this time.

And for me since it’s such a consistent pattern of behavior I won’t and believe that he would have just found something else to be pissy about like the size of the kitchen which also wasn’t an issue that Adam had during his time in that same galley.

• Love 4

Real Ben is back...  He's reality gold.  No eggs???  We must have 120 eggs.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Travis was holding a flashlight so Joao could see what he was doing.  Sorry but IMO that did have precedent over the garbage. 

I don't think Jack and Aesha are cute.  Maybe I'm just old.

I'm on Anna's side with the table decorations.  If you can't find something, don't buy it for the sake of coming back with something. 

Looks like the crew is being fed well with Ben in charge.

Watched WWHL.  It looked like both Ben Joao would have swung their chairs 360 if they could.  Reminded me of Shep with the leg shaking. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And for me since it’s such a consistent pattern of behavior I won’t and believe that he would have just found something else to be pissy about like the size of the kitchen which also wasn’t an issue that Adam had during his time in that same galley.

Adam was too distracted by what’s her face and onions to bother with bitching about the galley

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

They were being fed all along. The only person who complained about not getting fed was June when she first arrived but that’s because she apprently didn’t notice the food sitting on the table in the food mess.

1 minute ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Adam was too distracted by what’s her face and onions to bother with bitching about the galley

Didn’t stop him from putting out well received food that didn’t get cold except when he was a total dickwad and put in onions. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Watched WWHL.  It looked like both Ben Joao would have swung their chairs 360 if they could.  Reminded me of Shep with the leg shaking. 

I watched it too. Did Andy say there was not going to be a reunion for this crew? The reunion show is the only reason I’ve been holding on.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I watched it too. Did Andy say there was not going to be a reunion for this crew? The reunion show is the only reason I’ve been holding on.

I didn’t watch the show but it has been confirmed that there will be no reunion.

I can’t stand Jack but I also hate when production cuts to a sleeping crew member when looking for someone to do something, Jack does the overnight watch so he should be sleeping since he is going to have to get up after the dinner service for his shift.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

didn’t watch the show but it has been confirmed that there will be no reunion.

Have they given a reason? Andy kind of shrugged it off as not his decision, but I find that hard to believe.

I’ve only kept watching because I was waiting for the payoff I need, i.e. Jack being called out for his laziness, Ayesha her double standards and general vulgar ness, etc. But after all this I don’t get that slight palate cleanser? Not happy.

• Love 13

Sick of sad sack Travis.  Just go home then. Was he forced to work on this boat. I doubt it.

Sandy is annoying and almost ruins the show. Can’t wait for the other below deck to come back so there’s a normal captain who’s not involved so much.

Anastasia is way too high on herself. We get it you were the chef for a bit lol. Move on.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Pop Tart said:

Have they given a reason? Andy kind of shrugged it off as not his decision, but I find that hard to believe.

Andy has nothing to do with this show and no longer is an executive at Bravo so it’s not his decision. No reason was given they haven’t had a reunion before.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sandy admitted that she smelled alcohol on Travis' breath on more than one occasion.  She KNOWS he has been drinking on charter. 

Sandy doesn't know that Travis is drinking on charter. She suspects it, which is why she asks Hannah. Hannah denies the allegation. Hannah says she's never seen Travis drinking during a charter, but says Travis has a huge problem moderating his alcohol intake when they are off charter during crew night out. Sandy is smelling that Travis is still drunk from the night before and sweating all of that alcohol out of his system. If Sandy is planning on firing Travis for drinking on the job with no proof, she should maybe check with Joao to see if he's observed Travis drinking on charter. Joao would say no because Travis isn't drinking on charter.

31 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Sandy ruins Below Deck for me. I won't watch another season if she's on it. She's a tyrant one minute, and then grossly inappropriate, and crossing boundaries with the staff the next. Of course, Travis is going to smell like a drunken sailor first thing in the morning after a bender. doh.  Unless Travis has been drunk on charter she has no right to be calling him up and giving him a sobriety talk. Also, it was extremely inappropriate to call up Hannah to talk about him. 

Sandy is appallingly bad as a leader. Travis' response on the radio was the least snotty tone Travis has ever used to respond to anyone about anything. It was clear that he was irritated at being called off an important task for something less important. After Sandy's response about being the captain, she didn't need to add anything else. Her prolonged tirade was unprofessional and unnecessary. It shows what a tin pot dictator she really is. Who pays this woman for motivational speeches?

1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but Travis was holding a flashlight so Joao could see what he was doing.  Sorry but IMO that did have precedent over the garbage. 

It was more important and there was a greater risk to safety and welfare if the rope or the winch holding up the tender broke. Joao could have hurt himself or accidentally damaged the internal motor of the tender. Plus the tender becomes an emergency safety vehicle if something catastrophic happens to the yacht. Anastasia could have taken the garbage bag, walked out the door, and left it outside for when Travis was free. Problem solved.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I wonder if it was colder when they filmed this season than the prior 2 (I think both two and three were on Sircico but it could have just been last season) seasons because while there were some issues with Adam’s food it wasn’t temp related. I know the burners have been acting up but that shouldn’t make a difference once the food is to temp. 

They seem to be mostly berthed in Antibes. The average high temp in October rarely goes above 77° and the low is about 53°. It's actually pretty freaking chilly at night so it's not surprising that uncovered food left on the table for 10 minutes goes stone cold.

Season 2 was Sirocco. Season 3 was Talisman Maiton. I didn't much care for Talisman Maiton; I thought it was kind of ugly (mostly the bathrooms), but at least it's not Ionian Princess (the ugliest yacht to be featured on any of the Below Decks). Talisman Maiton had a bigger galley and had a stew pantry.

Captain Lurky constantly asking how their food is isn't helping things because it's prompting the guests to think critically about their food instead of reflexively.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

They seem to be mostly berthed in Antibes. The average high temp in October rarely goes above 77° and the low is about 53°. It's actually pretty freaking chilly at night so it's not surprising that uncovered food left on the table for 10 minutes goes stone cold

Second season they were mainly in Split and I believe they also film in October because they always film in the off-season and before it gets too cold and they average temps are even slightly lower and temps weren’t an issue but than again Sandy wasn’t shouting at all the guests “is the food cold?!”. None of the guests seem particularly cold even when though they are wearing outfits that clearly are meant to read summer! I was sort of surprised that they kept in the fact that it was in October in the clip because with this show they definitely try to push a vacation/summer vibe. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Hey, cheers to all of you who have been calling for cloches for the plates!

Hannah and Anastasia both complaining that the food won’t fit under it, then Ben pointing out that he can arrange the food to fit.  Both those women are nitwits.  Lol

Sandy's ten minute addiction counseling isn’t going to inspire Travis to change his ways no matter what he says in a talking head. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Bummer that there won't be a reunion.  However, it appears they're already filming in the Med, so maybe timing couldn't be worked out. 

Guess that means Joao & Ben arern't part of the cast, eh?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Sandy ruins Below Deck for me. I won't watch another season if she's on it. She's a tyrant,  grossly inappropriate, and crosses boundaries with the staff.  Of course, Travis is going to smell like a drunken sailor first thing in the morning after a bender.  doh.  Unless Travis has been drunk on charter she has no right to be calling him up and giving him a sobriety talk. Also, it was extremely inappropriate to call up Hannah to talk about him. 

The condition of the galley is appalling, and unsafe. Ben and Ana had every right to be upset. I wonder if Sandy could 'make it work' with one engine, or half an anchor.  I will say this: Ben made it work. The food looked amazing. I was drooling. 

I respectfully disagree with the bolded part.  Sandy is Travis' boss and if he shows up for work smelling of alcohol, he is not fit to work.  I don't think it would be any different if this was an office setting and he showed up for work reeking of booze.  Management wouldn't care whether you had knocked back a few at lunch or in the restroom, or had cut yourself off the night before at 2 a.m., if you are smelling of booze, it's still in your system and you ingested a lot.

I don't take issue with Sandy hugging Travis in this situation.  She's just confronted him about his drinking and I think she hugged him to show him he's not alone.  I may not appreciate Sandy for all things she does as a captain but I think it was admirable for her to share her addiction story.  Again, it shows Travis that he's not alone.   He needs to take it one day at a time.  Since he's not drinking while on charter, he may need to just stay on board while the others go out between charters.  That's where he's getting into trouble.  It was awful to see how incredibly drunk he was - - he couldn't even walk.  

Has he said why he hasn't gone home in 2 years?  Does he have some kind of family issues that's preventing him?  Regardless, I agree with others who have said he really needs therapy/counseling.

Absolutely disagree with Anastasia/Captain Sandy screeching about the damn garbage.  Why couldn't Ana take out the trash?  It appears she's just standing around the galley watching Ben anyhow.  Seems that Jack and Collie-Wollie (thanks, Joao!) were on break/off-duty and only Joao and Travis were available and they were working on the tinder so trash disposal is NOT an emergency.  Who made the comment about the "fucking trash" via radio?    Was that Travis?  

I agree with Ben about the galley.  It's ridiculously small.  Looks like he can take about 2 steps in there.  

I agree with Ana that it's not good to show up with cheap crap re: the table setting.  Why didn't she ask the gentleman at the store where Ben bought some food and the cloches?  He might have been able to direct them toward the right place.    And FWIW, why didn't Hannah go?  Sandy showed her the pic, she knew exactly what Sandy was looking for.  

I may have been getting secondhand motion sickness from watching all the bouncing and rocking this episode.  Ugh.   

• Love 17
8 hours ago, laprin said:

I don’t understand the consternation over a hug when this crew literally lives together. Besides nothing about the way they operate is exactly SOP for an office environment. You might be shocked to learn how common hugging is in the business community. I am not a hugger but when I moved to Baltimore I quickly learned after one introduction, the next time anyone sees you, it’s all “hugs” even at corporate events. 

Yeah, I don’t get it either. Sandy clearly feels maternal over the crew and is a hugger. I guess if you’re on the outside looking in, it’s weird. But they’ve been living together for quite some time and likely have bonding moments we don’t even see on the show.

As far as her not firing Travis for having alcohol on his breath, it’s possible the scent remains from the night before. Which tells me he drinks way too fucking much, but that’s different from drinking on the clock. Didn’t Hannah say she didn’t think he drank and that she never witnessed that during charters? That instead he drinks heavily when they go out? I don’t know that an employer would have immediate grounds to fire someone for drinking off the clock, particular if his work isn’t directly impacted by the drinking. At least not with a reality show. I think Sandy could fire him if another employee reported several issues, like Travis drinking while working or Travis being so drunk he impacted the safety of the boat. I doubt Joao has made such comments as his boss which limits what Sandy can do.

I think Sandy’s talk was needed. Alcoholism is just an awful disease. Travis needs to get help. He also seems to have abandonment issues - his reaction to leaving the room he shared with Jack was genuine.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I’ve only kept watching because I was waiting for the payoff I need, i.e. Jack being called out for his laziness, Ayesha her double standards and general vulgar ness, etc. But after all this I don’t get that slight palate cleanser? Not happy.

The lame excuse I saw floating around on another message board is that some crew live in different countries. Because Bravo hasn’t heard of Skype it seems. We need a reunion Joao was spilling all the tea last night  on WWHL.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Sandy doesn't know that Travis is drinking on charter. She suspects it, which is why she asks Hannah. Hannah denies the allegation. Hannah says she's never seen Travis drinking during a charter, but says Travis has a huge problem moderating his alcohol intake when they are off charter during crew night out. Sandy is smelling that Travis is still drunk from the night before and sweating all of that alcohol out of his system. If Sandy is planning on firing Travis for drinking on the job with no proof, she should maybe check with Joao to see if he's observed Travis drinking on charter. Joao would say no because Travis isn't drinking on charter.

Sandy is appallingly bad as a leader. Travis' response on the radio was the least snotty tone Travis has ever used to respond to anyone about anything. It was clear that he was irritated at being called off an important task for something less important. After Sandy's response about being the captain, she didn't need to add anything else. Her prolonged tirade was unprofessional and unnecessary. It shows what a tin pot dictator she really is. Who pays this woman for motivational speeches?

It was more important and there was a greater risk to safety and welfare if the rope or the winch holding up the tender broke. Joao could have hurt himself or accidentally damaged the internal motor of the tender. Plus the tender becomes an emergency safety vehicle if something catastrophic happens to the yacht. Anastasia could have taken the garbage bag, walked out the door, and left it outside for when Travis was free. Problem solved.

Sandy’s tirade was so unprofessional, especially knowing what was happening with the tender. She made it a point to go ask Joao why he was in his wet suit, and seemed stunned that he already anticipated her question.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Yeah, I don’t get it either. Sandy clearly feels maternal over the crew and is a hugger. I guess if you’re on the outside looking in, it’s weird. But they’ve been living together for quite some time and likely have bonding moments we don’t even see on the show.

As far as her not firing Travis for having alcohol on his breath, it’s possible the scent remains from the night before. Which tells me he drinks way too fucking much, but that’s different from drinking on the clock. Didn’t Hannah say she didn’t think he drank and that she never witnessed that during charters? That instead he drinks heavily when they go out? I don’t know that an employer would have immediate grounds to fire someone for drinking off the clock, particular if his work isn’t directly impacted by the drinking. At least not with a reality show. I think Sandy could fire him if another employee reported several issues, like Travis drinking while working or Travis being so drunk he impacted the safety of the boat. I doubt Joao has made such comments as his boss which limits what Sandy can do.

I think Sandy’s talk was needed. Alcoholism is just an awful disease. Travis needs to get help. He also seems to have abandonment issues - his reaction to leaving the room he shared with Jack was genuine.

My problem with her hugging Travis is that she doesn’t appear to be as close to him as she is with Hannah and Joao. When she hugged Colin when he decided to stay he seemed to be confused as to why she was even hugging him. Now if she asked them if they wanted a hug that would be a different story.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, spunky said:

The lame excuse I saw floating around on another message board is that some crew live in different countries. Because Bravo hasn’t heard of Skype it seems. We need a reunion Joao was spilling all the tea last night  on WWHL.

I did not see WWHL last night.  Please tell us what tea Joao spilled!!  

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, spunky said:

It keeps Mila off the air without having to not invite her?

Edited by PaperTree
typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Captain Lurky constantly asking how their food is isn't helping things because it's prompting the guests to think critically about their food instead of reflexively.

This is a good point though, Damon's charter volunteered their critiques unprompted for the most part, which then seemed to make Lurky paranoid and she decided to ask every charter guest after how the food was. 

I suspect that it's mostly the WIND that is problematic. I have been to the Med twice in October, though it was in Greece and might be warmer than France, but the WINDS are UNHOLY. I still blame production and the guests especially Damon sending back the Lobster. I mean c'mon. 

I do think Ben/Ana are/were dealing with something on Sirocco that Adam wasn't with the flaky in consistent burners, but I vaguely remember some other chefs referencing flaky burners before. I guess having watch Adrian more or less keep his shit together for a whole season w/o bitching about his galley made me think Siroccos was a whole lot worse when really Adrian just has different approach to cooking and is MOSTLY very calm and zen. 

As for Travis and how the crew has dealt with his drunk ass off charter I think that is down to him being really good at his job that he hates. He's a great deck hand and for at least half the charters Jack sucked ass so they were reluctant to get Trav in any kind of major trouble,and lose him. I still wouldn't drag his ass back to the boat or have insisted he eat dinner with me but I suspect production again wants that drama. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ben seems like a great chef but I kept thinking how uninterested I would have been as a crew member getting brown rice, broccoli and salad. Does he have them on the Showgirls diet?

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, spunky said:

My problem with her hugging Travis is that she doesn’t appear to be as close to him as she is with Hannah and Joao. When she hugged Colin when he decided to stay he seemed to be confused as to why she was even hugging him. Now if she asked them if they wanted a hug that would be a different story.

Just because they don’t appear close doesn’t mean they aren’t. Travis is very vocal - he would have said if her hug made him uncomfortable. He still speaks quite highly of Captain Sandy in recent interviews. Colin has also spoken very highly of Captain Sandy and seems to be quite fond of her. I know the general public has been “eh” on her, but it seems the people that work with her on yachts have a decent relationship with her.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

And I will add that they're away from friends and families... OK, for some of them -Hannah, Colin or Joao- weknow that they've not worked on charters outside of BDM, but it's not the case for Travis, for instance.

I'm on the "unpopular opinion" side here, because I thought the way that Sandly handled it was the good way. Talking with Hannah first (don't forget Hannah's brother problems with alcohol), talking to Travis after, voicing her concerns percisely and giving him a really good advice was the best way to handle it, for me. And YES, the "try 30 days and see" was a really good advice, because he will see his relation with alcohol from another perspective, and will -or not- give it a try. But she was really helpful and cheering here.

I was on Anastasia's side, regarding the stuff to buy for table settings, because I KNOW the shop where they went and, YES, it's cheap and tacky. For real

A good EP for me, lol !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 22
28 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Ben seems like a great chef but I kept thinking how uninterested I would have been as a crew member getting brown rice, broccoli and salad.

yeah my first thought was, that's some good, healthy, food. Then I thought-- no I wouldn't be all that excited to be given that. These folks work long hard days. They should be getting some comfort food.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Sandy ruins Below Deck for me. I won't watch another season if she's on it. She's a tyrant,  grossly inappropriate, and crosses boundaries with the staff.  Of course, Travis is going to smell like a drunken sailor first thing in the morning after a bender.  doh.  Unless Travis has been drunk on charter she has no right to be calling him up and giving him a sobriety talk. Also, it was extremely inappropriate to call up Hannah to talk about him. 

The condition of the galley is appalling, and unsafe. Ben and Ana had every right to be upset. I wonder if Sandy could 'make it work' with one engine, or half an anchor.  I will say this: Ben made it work. The food looked amazing. I was drooling. 

If you smell like you've been on a bender first thing in the morning when you talk to your boss, you deserve to have a sobriety talk.  If I chartered the boat, I would not feel comfortable if a member of the crew that is responsible for a safe voyage smelled like a drunk tank.  

• Love 18
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm on Anna's side with the table decorations.  If you can't find something, don't buy it for the sake of coming back with something. 

I'll respectfully disagree. I think she needed to think outside the box more-- I mean she was going into ticky tacky stores-- maybe go into a grocery or hardware-type store and be inspired. Though I also think Hannah would have done well to give some ideas. So in that sense, it does come back on her head.

• Love 9

Here is the issue I have regarding Travis. Personally, even though they are off charter, excessive drinking should not be allowed and in any normal situation would be grounds for termination. As Captain Lee would say, don't embarrass yourself and don't embarrass the boat. When they are all out partying as a group, the are representing the boat and therefore embarrassing the boat when drinking excessively. When someone shows up at work clearly smelling of alcohol, they are not safe and still impaired. That is grounds for immediate termination. I don't care if drinking was done on or off  charter. Impairment is impairment. I have no issue with blowing off steam when a charter is over but one can do so without the excess. If I were in charge, I would allow dinners but not the partying. I also would not allow any fraternization between crew members because of the problem it causes. That is how it works in the real world.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Oregonrain said:

If I were in charge, I would allow dinners but not the partying.

Did they even go to dinner before the bar? Maybe they didn't show it. I just remember Hannah saying they had a table reserved for Sirocco and I thought "Oh they're having dinner." Then saw it was a table for drinking booze when she started ordering Magnums.