Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Holy Ship!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Ben said it best on the after show. That's why I like him so much. He is very articulate and conveys his points well. He mentioned how yachties in their 20s get carried away easily with drinking and partying. In their 30s & beyond, they're less likely to get that way as they've sort of been there and done that & keep their mind on the tasks at hand. 

I see Travis' drinking as a double edge sword. The yachtie culture (partying in exotic locales you haven't been to before with young, energetic eclectic people) and stress of not being home and just working most of the time.  

I once had a very stressful job that I hated and was afraid to make a change. I therefore stayed in the job but continued getting slammed most nights. It was the worst time in my life and glad I'm not there anymore. I have a family and don't feel the need to drink. I hope Travis finds happiness through courage to make a change in life. 

I have a feeling Travis would be a binge drinker no matter where he is, what field of work he is in.  I'm sure the yachtie culture and being away from home as the excuse he offers on why he was binge drinking.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, terrymct said:

How about the marine supply place that should be right there near the marina?  One of the tablescapes Sandy showed was made primarily of rope.  Get some nautical do-dads from the marine supply place like pulleys and line.  Arrange on crumpled fabric with flowers and fruit.  You got a tablescape that fits the atmosphere of a boat.

Hannah gave Anastasia no direction other than “centerpieces” and she didn’t see the picture. I personally thought the photo Sandy chose was tacky and basic so Sandy probably would have been happy if she brought back some of the crap she saw.

4 hours ago, spunky said:

My problem with her reaction is that Colin started it by saying “It’s Hannah “, but somehow Joao is the only one getting all the backlas

One “It’s Hannah” even in that context is not the same as what Joao said and Colin doesn’t have a history of slut shaming and calling Hannah vile names.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, spunky said:

He no longer speaks to Hannah and Aesha. He stopped speaking to Hannah after he privately apologized for using a yachting term in reference to the crew sleeping together. He stated that she decided to take it to Twitter, even after he privately apologized and told her it was not in reference to her. Aesha blocked him on Twitter after she accused him of being upset he couldn’t sleep with her. He checked her, letting it be known he was never interested and he brought receipts. He also threw major shade at Hannah when Andy asked if he could build his perfect yacht team who would he and Ben choose. He straight up said everyone except for Hannah, because even though she’s a good worker there’s more that can be done in the chief stew department. 

Thank you, Spunky!  

• Love 2

I'm not as bothered by Sandy as some, but I am in agreement that the hugging is at the very least, awkward.  She seems to me that she would be a decent instructor.  Perhaps on-charter training is the most efficient.  I appreciated the talk she had with Travis.  Yes, it was on-camera, but this is a television show first.  Hope he gets it.  

If I never see another stew crawling on a table to set a tablescape, it will be too soon.  There have been some scenes where the table was already partially set, and they're laying up on it trying to create art in the center.  C'mon now.

As much as I like Colin, I fear we won't see much more of him.  Whether because he's not all-in on this job or because, frankly, he's a bit boring and without a storyline.  Yeah, sometimes nice guys do finish last.

• Love 4
On 9/11/2019 at 4:39 AM, snarts said:

So wait, He's mad because Hannah commented, on her twitter feed, about comments he made publicly on a TV show? He apologized privately so what, she should've kept her mouth shut?  Sorry.  For as much as Joao has improved work wise, he still has such issues with women.  He was interested in Aesha, we watched it, and when she chose Jack, he got nasty.  He's throwing shade at Hannah because she didn't immediately forgive him for his crass comments.  He only tolerates women who stroke his ego. Waiting to see his reaction to Capt Sandy's criticism next week.  Then Joao can go far, far away and hopefully never return to my TV screen again.

I also watched the show and Joao was not angry.  Just matter of fact.  He apologized privately and on Twitter.  She doesn't accept his apology.  He moved on.

Colin, who started all of it, gets a complete pass.  

Hannah, who slut shamed Tiffany for the sin of Ben wanting to sleep with her instead of Hannah, has, as far as I know, never apologized to Tiffany or Ben.

21 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Maybe I'm making this up but I seem to remember that Hannah had an argument with Joao in the van last year where he said something nasty and she told him she was his superior officer.  If I'm remembering that correctly, wouldn't it also make her a superior officer to Travis since he is at the same level this year as Joao was last year? 

You're not making it up.  Hannah told Joao she was his superior in the van.  I dont know if that is the boat hierarchy. Or Hannah throwing the stripes on her shoulders around.  Because who cares what the non stripe people have to say.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm not as bothered by Sandy as some, but I am in agreement that the hugging is at the very least, awkward.  She seems to me that she would be a decent instructor.  Perhaps on-charter training is the most efficient.  I appreciated the talk she had with Travis.  Yes, it was on-camera, but this is a television show first.  Hope he gets it.  

If I never see another stew crawling on a table to set a tablescape, it will be too soon.  There have been some scenes where the table was already partially set, and they're laying up on it trying to create art in the center.  C'mon now.

As much as I like Colin, I fear we won't see much more of him.  Whether because he's not all-in on this job or because, frankly, he's a bit boring and without a storyline.  Yeah, sometimes nice guys do finish last.

I'm in the minority of liking Captain Sandy.  There's something about her monotone delivery that cracks me up, esp when she's annoyed with someone.

Colin does't bother me but I don't really like him either.  He's one of those castmates that I'll have to be reminded was ever on this show once he leaves.

• Love 2
On 9/9/2019 at 10:49 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Sandy admitted that she smelled alcohol on Travis' breath on more than one occasion.  She KNOWS he has been drinking on charter.  What does Sandy do, she shares her story and hugs Travis.  What would Captain Lee do?  He would give Travis a plane ticket home.  Sandy is allowing Travis' drinking to put the boat and it's passengers in jeopardy.  She is a horrible captain.    

I think Captain Sandy would get into trouble if she allowed Travis to work while he was drunk. It's a legal liability issue.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, Shellbell59 said:

Yup...IIRC...Ben one time told off a chief stew for telling him what to do on a very early BD episode...

Might have been so far back..even before Kate Chastain.  

He made it clear the pecking order...chef only answers to captain..

maybe it was Kate..but I think it was that witch in season one...hated everyone especially Kat...

now im not sure...lol 

It was Adrienne... I just watched the episode. 😁 

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Colin doesn't bother me but I don't really like him either.  He's one of those castmates that I'll have to be reminded was ever on this show once he leaves.

I like Colin but he doesn't create enough drama for a reality show. I do want to see him back.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

You're not making it up.  Hannah told Joao she was his superior in the van.  I dont know if that is the boat hierarchy. Or Hannah throwing the stripes on her shoulders around.  Because who cares what the non stripe people have to say.

Superior does not equal supervisor and when Hannah said that to Joao he was lecturing her on her life and being an overall asshat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Superior does not equal supervisor and when Hannah said that to Joao he was lecturing her on her life and being an overall asshat.

Does it matter though? Hierarchy is hierarchy. If she is a superior officer, why wouldn't Sandy talk to her? I agree she should have talked to Joao as well but for all we know, she did and it was just left on the cutting room floor. If Aesha or Anastasia had witnessed Travis drinking or being altered in any way while on charter, they would go to Hannah so it makes sense to me that Sandy would speak to her, especially given her close relationship to him. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Does it matter though? Hierarchy is hierarchy. If she is a superior officer, why wouldn't Sandy talk to her? I agree she should have talked to Joao as well but for all we know, she did and it was just left on the cutting room floor. If Aesha or Anastasia had witnessed Travis drinking or being altered in any way while on charter, they would go to Hannah so it makes sense to me that Sandy would speak to her, especially given her close relationship to him. 

To me it very much matters especially in a situation like this where personal and professional lives are squashed together. Hannah said she could not comment on his behavior during work hours because she did not know no should she have to know and that’s what Sandy should be concerned about. It also put Hannah in an uncomfortable position because what she knows about him is based on their personal relationship. When dealing with sensitive topics like this a good manager keeps it close to the chest and only talks to the people directly involved.

I doubt she went to Joao she didn’t even go to Hannah or Joao when she promoted Ana even though it directly impacted both of their teams.

Sandy came off as looking to gossip like she did last year durning Hannah’s panic attack where she got all into discussing Hannah and Conrad’s personal relationship, she crosses those lines way to frequently.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

On another occasion I believe he called her a thundercunt, whatever that means?

• Love 2
On 9/11/2019 at 11:21 AM, Kdawg82 said:

I once had a very stressful job that I hated and was afraid to make a change. I therefore stayed in the job but continued getting slammed most nights. It was the worst time in my life and glad I'm not there anymore. I have a family and don't feel the need to drink. I hope Travis finds happiness through courage to make a change in life. 

Situations don't matter to real alcoholics.  A person can have a family and still drink, because they're an alcoholic.  I don't know if Travis is an alcoholic, only time will tell.  

I think Joao only likes women who kiss his ass and tell him how wonderful he is, anything less and he'll shade you.  

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

It was Adrienne... I just watched the episode. 😁 

Hah! Love you for this!

my question made me think...was it Ben and ?

So I too went to watch early episode...and ended up BINGING!

WTF is wrong with me??? Bwahaha!!! I’m currently on S2e3 Below Deck (Caribbean original)...and Ben’s galley is twice as big as my kitchen at home! ...hmmmm

Back to topic....lol...and Ben issues w/ galley...

Sirocco Engineer was pretty ‘off’ when he/she was planning.

Was the Sirocco Engineer that engineer “Sammi the Chin”?....from Season 1 of original BD?...Hah!...🤭🤣

She was the insolent 3rd stew who had constant smirk due to entitlement or severe underbite or because she is “a happy person”....I’m still not clear....

Cannot believe I watched let alone just commented on this!

Eeeeke! A mouse! Look there...not here! Look at shiny thing!...not here...as I bow out in shame...cuz I have no life evidently 🥴

waiting for heart procedure on Monday...I will be much better after that and I’ll live again 😂🤣😂

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 4

Season 1 was just more authentic and, frankly, more interesting. More than the fame-ho’ing crew was shown, the off-boat activities were more varied—not simply going to The Restaurant/The Bar, get drunk, argue over baffling mess, go back to boat then claim not remember anything the following morn. Now, it’s, basically, ‘ Cause insignificant drama, Drink, Repeat’ .

• Love 4
3 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Season 1 was just more authentic and, frankly, more interesting. More than the fame-ho’ing crew was shown, the off-boat activities were more varied—not simply going to The Restaurant/The Bar, get drunk, argue over baffling mess, go back to boat then claim not remember anything the following morn. Now, it’s, basically, ‘ Cause insignificant drama, Drink, Repeat’ .

I loved Season 1.  And even though she's a jerk, I would love to see Sam back.  And Kat.  And Adrienne!

• Love 3
On 9/12/2019 at 7:37 AM, dosodog said:

Hannah, who slut shamed Tiffany for the sin of Ben wanting to sleep with her instead of Hannah, has, as far as I know, never apologized to Tiffany or Ben.

I went back and watched some of BD: Med season 1. Hannah was much more nasty to Tiffany in the beginning of the season than the end of the season. It took Ben quite a while to express interest in Tiffany. They actually only hooked up in the last episode. Hannah concludes that Ben was interested in Tiffany because Tiffany is low maintenance, uncomplicated, and didn't want more than a roll in the hay with Ben. It's a little judgey, but nowhere near the insult Hannah lobs at Tiffany in episode 2; Hannah calls Tiffany a lazy drunken trashbag to Tiffany's face.

Mostly Hannah views Ben and Tiffany's hook up as a failing of Ben to recognize that she (Hannah) should be the superior choice and that Ben isn't ready for a serious committed relationship. I don't know that I'd call that slut shaming.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thank you so much 

brought me to tears...sleepless nights waiting...

that really means a lot...🙏...

haven't told anybody in my sphere...that I’m 😟 scared...

just a bit 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

Thank you so much 

just a bit 

Holding your 🖐hand... Blessed hope for your good health.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

just a bit 

Of course you are, but from my (layperson) experience with family etc., medicine has advanced and progressed in the cardiac arena perhaps more than in any other.  You've got this.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

Thank you so much 

just a bit 

Side note (because sometimes real life is more important than fake ass not-reality TV shows): Heart procedures are a dime a dozen nowadays and it's amazing what doctors can do with the human body and cardiac procedures in general, I know from experience with immediate family members. Whether it's a triple bypass or a stent procedure, I find it helpful and calming to look at it like your doctor is going under the hood of your car and making some adjustments, replacing a worn out part or two, and you'll be good as new - better probably - in no time at all! Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can laugh at these Below Deck Med ass clowns again...

• Love 7

Thank you all for the well wishes...and encouraging words!

Yes...medicine has come a very long way...especially when it comes to heart issues.

It’s just that it’s not my first procedure...and it’s the same thing Tamra from RHOC hubby Eddy (?) has.... had....

for god sakes...she made a season out of it...scares crap outta me!!!!

Ilol

gotta laugh...cuz y’all made me blubber... I appreciate having a safe place to express myself without judgment because I don’t know if any of you! 😂

I don’t think it’s serious...but above made me wonder....Eddie and all....was he so bad off?!  I’d rather he wasn’t...

because I’m trying to remember this is yet just another simple or easy procedure...at any rate....

wush I wouldn’t have seen those ole episodes with all the dramatic shit...

I need therapy on a different level...

thank you again for your support 

S

promise...no more OT from me!!!🙏

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 10
On 9/10/2019 at 7:19 AM, sasha206 said:

If you smell like you've been on a bender first thing in the morning when you talk to your boss, you deserve to have a sobriety talk.  If I chartered the boat, I would not feel comfortable if a member of the crew that is responsible for a safe voyage smelled like a drunk tank.  

Had a coworker like that.  I hated having to talk to her and just smell old rank wine coming out of her mouth and pores.  She often met with clients and it was so unprofessional.  Luckily she left and hopefully got her shit together.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

Thank you so much 

just a bit 

Good thoughts heading down the coast your way!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Good thoughts heading down the coast your way!

Thank you Natalie68!

you have many yrs ahead I’m sure....so take care...

as always remember ..there are well wishes and prayers/thoughts out there to protect you and your MS battle...👊STAY STRONG....autoimmune diseases have to be coming close to being figured out! 

I’m going to be fine regardless....you keep on keepin’ on as a few of us ol’ folks would say! (In my neck of the woods anyway....hahaha)

• Love 2
On 9/12/2019 at 9:10 AM, luvthepros said:

I like Colin but he doesn't create enough drama for a reality show. I do want to see him back.

They should do a reality show of him on his ferry boat, and his devoted mother waiting for him on the dock each night.

For added drama include Rhylee Gerber as a deck hand.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Best of luck Shellbell59—you got this!  ❤️

On 9/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, sasha206 said:

I loved Season 1.  And even though she's a jerk, I would love to see Sam back.  And Kat.  And Adrienne!

Kat—yes! She has her issues for sure, but she could be fun and she was interesting to watch. Plus, she was good at her job. 

But Sam and Adrienne—hard pass! Adrienne had that elusive combination of being bitchy *and* boring. And Sam was just a pure, entitled waste of space. An “oxygen thief” if you will. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Best of luck Shellbell59—you got this!  ❤️

Kat—yes! She has her issues for sure, but she could be fun and she was interesting to watch. Plus, she was good at her job. 

But Sam and Adrienne—hard pass! Adrienne had that elusive combination of being bitchy *and* boring. And Sam was just a pure, entitled waste of space. An “oxygen thief” if you will. 

I'm not as opposed to Adrienne as most people. I'm especially impressed by her campaign to educate and provide coasters to bars and restaurants across Tampa to test for roofies after she was a victim. The only thing that saved her from actually being raped was that the guy(s) accidentally misdosed her so she ended up being a mess way too early. The police did fuck all to investigate; she had to investigate it the matter herself even though the details of her situation suggested that Tampa had a serial rapist or rape gang.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/below-deck-star-adrienne-gang-is-your-drink-spiked/2139948/

Adrienne is boring, but I'm not so sure how bitchy she truly she is because she had an interior crew that was composed of assholes. Kat is a good time gal, but she's an asshole. Sam is just an awful person.

• Love 3

Someone said in this thread that the cast appear to be filming for next season already and that why there isn’t a reunion (which makes sense). I know elsewhere it was also suggested they were already filing as Hannah was in Antibes and Sandy announces on social media she was leaving for a 7 wk charter even though her partner has been diagnosed with a serious health problem. I’ve heard it rumored also that Ben and Joao aren’t likely a part of this season as Ben is in NY right now and Joao was there last week on WWHL w/him...

Is there some other reason ppl seem to be so sure of this in the comments here (that they’re already filming)? I don’t really care why they aren’t having a reunion I’m just curious about it insofar as it suggests who is returning to the cast for next season...which is interesting for many reasons given the course of this season. 

6 minutes ago, ElizabethCarey said:

there some other reason ppl seem to be so sure of this in the comments here (that they’re already filming)? I don’t really care why they aren’t having a reunion I’m just curious about it insofar as it suggests who is returning to the cast for next season...which is interesting for many reasons given the course of this season. 

Yes there are a few peoplfe who have seen them filming in Spain and at least one person who was going to go on the charter that have posted on various message boards, that wouldn’t necessarily be the reason for no reunion because they tend to air them several weeks before the end of a season and even earlier because of scheduling conflicts. Based on SM the only returning people would be Hannah, Sandy and maybe Jack since he doesn’t have SM.

Edited by biakbiak
U
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes there are a few peoplfe who have seen them filming in Spain and at least one person who was going to go on the charter that have posted on various message boards, that wouldn’t necessarily be the reason for no reunion because they tend to air them several weeks before the end of a season and even earlier because of scheduling conflicts. Based on SM the only returning people would be Hannah, Sandy and maybe Jack since he doesn’t have SM.

Interesting! Did the charter guests/ppl who saw them filming mention who was onboard/when it was that they saw them filming? 

I expected that both Hannah and Capt Sandy would be back bc Hannah has been on since season one and Sandy has become the capt we associate w/BDM, but usually there’s at least one other carry-over from the previous season. Though I think it would be fascinating to watch a season 5 where Capt Sandy and Hannah are the only two who know each other going in...

On 9/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, Shellbell59 said:

gotta laugh...cuz y’all made me blubber... I appreciate having a safe place to express myself without judgment because I don’t know if any of you! 😂

You don't know any of us but I can assure, most of us posters on this forum are the kindest, most caring, sincere folks you will ever encounter. That's just my opinion and my experience. We wish you well and hope you keep coming back here!

• Love 1