Type keyword(s) to search

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

My impression is the lower the denomination, the more important the POTUS, i.e., Washington on the $1.  😉

I take $2 bills on my Road Trips & use them as tips for hotel maids, tour guides, etc. Some of the younger ones have never seen a $2 bill!

If you visit Monticello, they use $2 bills for change when possible.  When I worked at a Williamsburg gift shop and we got $2 bills as payment, the customer usually had visited Monticello before coming to Colonial Williamsburg.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

If you visit Monticello, they use $2 bills for change when possible.  When I worked at a Williamsburg gift shop and we got $2 bills as payment, the customer usually had visited Monticello before coming to Colonial Williamsburg.

The mister gets a kick out of being the Johnny Appleseed of $2 bills. He's been spreading them around for years, startling a lot of people. It has not made him popular with cashiers. LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

The mister gets a kick out of being the Johnny Appleseed of $2 bills. He's been spreading them around for years, startling a lot of people. It has not made him popular with cashiers. LOL.

Mr. Zoey is obsessive about using dollar coins.  I just roll my eyes. Though they do come in handy for leaving tips sometimes.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2019 at 7:17 PM, zoey1996 said:

Mr. Zoey is obsessive about using dollar coins.  I just roll my eyes. Though they do come in handy for leaving tips sometimes.

My husband too. He rarely uses cash, but when he has a dollar coin he uses it. 

$2 bills get put into the kids' banks. Besides change from Monticello, my FIL found 43 $2 bills when going through his dad's desk after he died, & he gave them to us. 

• Love 5

WEEK 3 — ONE asterisk *
11. Musical Theatre Inspirations. The title of this musical that opened on Broadway in 1964 was inspired by a Marc Chagall painting.
12. American Colleges & Universities. The 1862 Morrill Act gave states federal acreage to sell for school funds, leading to the creation of 69 of these.
* 13. Natural Geographic Features. Timely for 2018, in 1866 Mark Twain wrote of this landmark’s “sputtering jets of fire” & “heat from Pele’s furnaces.”  *
14. World Landmarks. “The Eighth Wonder”, by composer Alan John & librettist Dennis Watkins, is about this building that opened in 1973.
15. Epitaphs. From his own 1898 poem, the epitaph of this Irish-born man ends, “his mourners will be outcast men, & outcasts always mourn.”

I think all of you are doing great, I am very proud to be your Contest Host, I feel like the mother hen to a bunch of brainiac little chicks. You all are ahead of me in score, even @Brookside, who hasn't posted last week yet. It's too early to bail, Brookside! Get back in here.

• Love 4

4/5 and one *. I lucked out last week, I was in a local rendition of Fiddler, I studied a while in Hawaii, I was at the Sydney Opera House two years ago  (it's so beautiful!), and I named one of my cats Dorian Gray. I did learn a new term, land-grant universities! I had never heard that term before.

• Love 1