Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Secrets of the Past

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Elizabete said:

I am so distracted by her hair. I just cannot figure out what’s going on with it. She’s a super cute woman, but her hair. Did her twin have the same hair? 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but super cute is alot. She's cute enough, lol.

• Love 1

Keith's mom did everything she could to keep from saying what she was really thinking, which was to GET. OUT!

I was really hoping that Caribbean dancer would gently push Iris aside and start twerking on Keith with that ass.  Keith needs to get some kind of satisfaction.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I still need to know more about Matt's situation. If he distanced himself from his parents and his sister after the divorce, I think he is actually the common denominator. I really wish we knew more about all his issues with this divorce because I think that would explain a lot. 

Shallow moment here: When Beth was doing her talking head in that lavender top, the combo of that color and her hair and lipstick was really pretty. I have red hair as well (not as orangey as hers though) and similar coloring to her and I never would have thought I could pull off that lip color. But she did. 

• Love 3

I know it has been said before, but we have no idea what type of conversations they have without the cameras.  that would be very interesting.

I think Elizabeths biggest problem is the way her dad has treated her all thru her life.  They are too close.  He never seemed to want her with anyone but him.  She wouldnt want a weaker man and cant handle a stronger man.  she is stuck in the middle and doesnt know what to do with a paddle or a shovel

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

WOW.  This woman is insane and beyond unprofessional.  Calling the expert a bitch was way over the line. 

Beth wasn't calling the expert a bitch. She tries (and fails) to put on a blaccent while fighting to look tougher. The whole "bitch Izzz knows what Izzz diddd" repetition is just her attempt to sound "ghetto" (i.e. black) because she feels aggressive and defensive. This is the type of behavior you'd expect from 13-year-old suburban white kids, not a 30-year-old woman. That exchange, and then her reverting back into her natural voice to ramble through a sheepish explanation like her mom just caught her swearing, was beyond mortifying.

Other thoughts: While no one is on Beth's level, the women have SO many issues this season! Deonna needs intense therapy. With all the build up, I thought it was going to be some big reveal like her ex-boyfriend took her virginity and then slept with her best friend the next day or cheated on her with her sister or was abusive. Her whole narrative the entire season has been that that one ex-boyfriend basically destroyed her faith in love and left her with some sort of deep, pulsating psychological scar that even a decade of supposed self introspection couldn't fix. She's also been dangling it over Greg as a deeply emotional secret that she would only reveal when she could finally trust him enough with that trauma. All of that to find out that they just broke up over some bitchy fights because they couldn't handle long distance??? She does realize that people break up every day because of distance, right? I absolutely can't with her. Greg is really putting himself out there and she's just so dour and self absorbed and childish, which doesn't even really make sense considering in her closed-door interview all she could talk about with the experts was how much she likes him and how she really does envision their marriage lasting forever. I don't understand why her actions don't match that sentiment even a little bit because she seemed genuine talking to the experts. I cannot believe she's actually blaming her adult romantic dysfunction on being sad her high school relationship didn't end with marriage at 20.

Amber is so desperate that she's willing to pretend any asinine detail Matt drops about his childhood ("We climbed the walls." "My sister bullied me for being fat.") is a sign of increased emotional intimacy. If they're not even kissing anymore, stick a fork in it. It's sad that she genuinely believes that if she just goes along with whatever he wants he will eventually want to be with her. He's distancing himself because he feels bad for having sex with her when he knows she has feelings and he doesn't, so he's just saving face until decision day.

Iris is just so fucking weird. Don't even get me started on her so-called secret – with the weird wording and by saying "no one knows about this but my mom and the doctors" I thought she was setting up some sort of intersex coming out moment where she was going to reveal she was born with unconventional genitalia, which would explain her extreme reluctance with penetrative sex. But no, she's just a giggling, emotionally stunted ditz. The way she framed this story about swallowing the quarter like she was telling him she had six toes was just so bizarre. Forget about Keith not being sexually attracted to her, it would be like trying to be roommates with a fifth grader. I think he cares less about not getting laid and at this point he just feels like a round-the-clock babysitter. He's been trying to always put on a good face for the cameras not even about staying with her but just being kind and you could see that moment was really testing his patience, lol. It's like a 12-year-old who's never been kissed forcing her first boyfriend to spend time with her even though they can't stand each other.

• Love 18

What I am seeing is that Deonna is NOT physically attracted to Greg and she is bread crumbing him, and trying to maybe convince herself that she likes him but cant. I think she cant STAND how he shows constantly how much he wants it to work with her. Maybe he should pull a page out of Matt's book, just saying. Women may SAY they like the nice guy, but typically ATTRACTION is something else.

Matt = not so much of a nice guy. But Amber is hypnotized no matter how badly he treats her. Greg is Mr. Nice guy 100%, yet Deonna acts like he has cooties. 

NOT saying that treating your partner badly/ignoring them is the way to go. But Greg needs to kind of display his value to Deonna to keep her ON HER TOES and wake up q lightbulb in her head, NOT constantly acts of affection when they are not reciprocated. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I can’t see him walking away.  This is the gentle soul who had tears in his eyes when his friends prayed for him before the wedding.  He’ll probably see more good in her than is actually there and stay with the iceberg.  

He’ll live a hard life, groveling and jumping through hoops and watching what he says and waste time deciphering her moods and get shut down and shot down daily, just like he does now.  “Deonna wants Greg to be in the moment!” and “Deonna doesn’t want Greg to mention sex unless it’s her idea!” and the rest of her bs.  

• Love 5
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I thought she was gonna say the freakin' quarter came out her vagina later or something, but geez that was lame.

"so that's what that slot is for." lol

20 hours ago, Ohwell said:

What. The. Fuck?  She swallowed a fucking quarter?  That's the secret?

Keith should have gotten out of bed, packed his shit, and left.

They didn't even show Keith telling her a secret at all. Next it was time to turn the lights out and go to bed. lol

• LOL 10
20 hours ago, Auntie said:

Apparently not without a TV provider. It does say you can watch "some" shows but when I click on MAFS it's making me select a TV provider. All I have is Internet now, no TV.

You might be able to find the show on Youtube in a few hours. Some people upload the episodes that do not last long.

19 hours ago, 2727 said:

So, let's say Jamie had put his arm around her and whispered quietly, with affection in his voice, "Hon, let the man talk." I still think Elizabeth would have gone off.

She's proud of "being herself" and "keeping it real" no matter whose feelings she steamrolls. No excuses, no apologies. I'm quirky!

She simply has a complete lack of self awareness.

17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Matt's body language is the opposite of what he's saying.  His eyes are all over the place and anywhere but on Amber.  And half the time he's not even making much of an effort to deny how he really feels either, especially on "Unfiltered".  I got the impression that although he wasn't really ready for marriage, Amber just about pushed him completely away with her desperate intensity/clinginess/neediness.  Men DETEST that in a woman.  He's not even 100% committed to taking care of himself let alone did he sign on to marry someone that wants to drain him of every ounce of energy he has 24/7.  I got the feeling he was actually relieved that they're not having sex anymore.  He just wants less of her, period.  So there are two sides to this story and it's not all on Matt, although I still think he's a yucky dumb doofus (and remember, you heard it here first).  Amber needs therapy for her abandonment issues because NO MAN is going to put up with her for very long.  I think these two are ultimately doomed.

Yes to all of this.

8 hours ago, nr65000 said:

So is it what Jamie said or how he said it, because frankly I was yelling at her from my couch to shut the hell up as well.  I get that yelling at your wife to "shut up" is not acceptable but she was ignoring obvious social cues from the group and continued to interrupt the Nascar guy.  If he had been standing right beside her maybe he could have whispered in her ear nicely to please not interrupt but he was standing on the other side of the group and I think he was embarrassed by her.  NOT saying how he handled it was ok by any stretch, just saying that I kind of get why he reacted in that way.  They both go from 0 to 60 pretty fast.

Me too! I was yelling at her to shut up up BEFORE Jamie said anything. Not only was it rude to be talking over the NASCAR guy, but the volume and pitch of her voice were ear-splitting. Still not condoning what Jamie did, but I do think he said it reflexively and regretted it afterward.

7 hours ago, topanga said:

I know I'm in the minority, but Amber's hair doesn't bother me. It's a little shiny, but maybe that's just the way her hair is.

To me, her hair often looks stringy and wet. Other times, it looks okay but she could do with a good cut. IIRC, in the beginning, she basically said she is not into fashion, hair or makeup, and that is very evident.

4 hours ago, OnTime said:

I never watch the Unfiltered show but I just saw a few seconds at the end.

Gosh,  Jamie (the host) has some serious new long hair extensions. I think she is able to sit on them.

Up in the Great White North we have the Lifetime channel, but don't get Unfiltered for some reason, so haven't seen what you guys are talking about, but appreciate the updates. There are some eps on Youtube, but they are are a few weeks behind.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kareem said:

because she has, more than once, gone into lemonade mode about it.  

Love that phrasing!  It would be a great sort of low-key/humorous way to let one's SO know when they're getting out of control.  "Oh honey, you're shifting into lemonade mode again!"

1 hour ago, sara416 said:

I still need to know more about Matt's situation. If he distanced himself from his parents and his sister after the divorce, I think he is actually the common denominator. I really wish we knew more about all his issues with this divorce because I think that would explain a lot. 

Either there is a lot more to this that has been left on the editing room floor, or Matt is really just a flake.  When he explains it, he seems to talk as though it all makes perfect sense to him, "My parents got divorced so I cut off all contact with my mom, my dad, and my sister."  No, my dude, that's not what most people do when their parents get divorced, especially when the 'child' is a (supposedly) grown-ass man!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is she anorexic?  Her skinny bones are everywhere and I think she's losing more weight as the show goes on!  Compare her face to then and now!  There's a problem there.

I know right? hahaha. I noticed the same exact thing. she looks like a walking skeleton to me and was about to break apart in that dance studio because she didnt have a enough skin/ muscles to hold her together in one piece lol

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 2727 said:

Iris lacks the confidence to even be an adult. She cocoons herself with persnickety rules as a way to have some control over a scary world.

That's an interesting theory...

15 hours ago, Bees52 said:

Not sure if Elizabeth is an emotional wreck or not, (or maybe I'm just jaded)  but I don't quite get all the tears she shed over a nearly empty lot. Jamie didn't look like he sympathized all that much either but then he said the right comforting and reassuring words to her.

Hate to defend her, but I totally get this.  If the home I grew up in had actually physically been destroyed, and there was nothing but emptiness in the spot where it had been, that would be very, very sad to look at.

8 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Not necessarily. I don’t style mine - I brush it and go. Yet I have thick, healthy and soft hair. Either her hair was literally wet or she just has bad hair and HAS TO style it or both..

I believe that when Amber's hair is still wet, she puts some sort of product on it and scrunches it, so that she can have a 'style' without having to actually do anything to it.  The problem is that it makes it always look wet and oily, and it isn't a style!

7 hours ago, Lindz said:

IRONIC Matt talking about respect. That's RICH! 😂😂 Yet nobody had the balls to check Jamie, just judge. SPINELESS. USELESS. That was the perfect opportunity for the other couples to help them, but no. They just tried to ignore the dysfunction. Sickening

It would have been sooo easy for one of the guys, or even one of the other girls, to say something casual to Jamie, like, "Not cool, bro."  That being said, on Beth's part, her talking over the NASCAR guy was seriously 4-year-old level of inability to read a room.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I can’t see him walking away.  This is the gentle soul who had tears in his eyes when his friends prayed for him before the wedding.  He’ll probably see more good in her than is actually there and stay with the iceberg.  

He’ll live a hard life, groveling and jumping through hoops and watching what he says and waste time deciphering her moods and get shut down and shot down daily, just like he does now.  “Deonna wants Greg to be in the moment!” and “Deonna doesn’t want Greg to mention sex unless it’s her idea!” and the rest of her bs.  

You are probably right but this makes me so sad. 😢 Greg deserves to be cherished.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sara416 said:

Shallow moment here: When Beth was doing her talking head in that lavender top, the combo of that color and her hair and lipstick was really pretty.

I have a colleague with red hair (lighter than Beth's, although obviously Beth's isn't her natural color) and she looks good in lavender too - and she knows it, because a lot of her wardrobe is that color. I feel like I read somewhere that redheads in purple is a good combination.

I also think Deonna looked really good in her talking heads this week (they were all the same talking head), with her hair in the flat-twisted style. (I may be biased because my hair is in a similar style right now.) But her hair looked good and her face was open and friendly. (I stay wanting to give her some blotting papers and recommend a mattifying mask I use twice a week, though. I don't know if it's show lighting or if her skin is oily; I suspect it's both. My skin tends toward oily in the summer so I sympathize.)

1 minute ago, LuvMyShows said:

If the home I grew up in had actually physically been destroyed, and there was nothing but emptiness in the spot where it had been, that would be very, very sad to look at.

Totally agree. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

No Big Red you embarrassed yourself. I can’t imagine showing up for an event like that and loudly trying to big deal everyone. She comes off really unstable and have no idea how she passed any kind of screening. 

Correct. She embarrassed herself. She should of blown it off and went for that ride. Instead she needed to act like a spoiled brat. 

• Love 9

I think all of these women have a case of arrested development in some form or another. Amber does not know how to have a healthy relationship because of her abandonment issue, and her desperation and clinginess is a huge turnoff. Matt clearly has some issues as well and I agree that there is way more to the story about his family.

Iris - well, it has all been said. She doesn't seem to have any clue how to be a partner in a relationship and I doubt if she has ever had a long term boyfriend prior to this experience. She has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old and I think that Keith is at his wit's end trying to connect with her and is hesitant to make any move that will compromise her precious virtue.....

Deonna has a concrete wall up because I think she is so fearful of rejection and getting hurt. Aside from her long term relationship back in the day, I would be willing to bet that her "situationships" were failed attempts to form a bond with somebody. I can totally relate to this and as others have said, have given up. I am at that stage after a failed marriage and a live-in relationship myself and have been single for a long long time. Unless those walls come down, I don't know if Greg can get through to her.

Beth - nothing to add to what has already been said. She and Jamie are a toxic mess. Although I actually think Jamie might not be a bad guy with the right partner.

None of these guys are perfect either, with Jamie and Matt winning first and second prize for the worst respectively. I have nothing really critical to say about Greg or Keith - they have their work cut out for them.

Once again, the experts have failed in epic fashion. I don't think any of them have a clue what they are talking about and should not be giving any advice. There is nothing they can say that will fix any of these shit shows.

• Love 7

I had to FF though the dancing lesson. I felt sorry for Keith.  Irish does look like she is loosing weight to me as well.

Two things I noticed;  Amber's head looked like some strange bobble head going off. Her earrings would not stop moving as the Dr, talked to her. lol  Did anyone else notice the bruise on Elizabeth's leg? It didn't look too fresh. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Yeah I've basically given up. I'll be 37 in October. So, I'm not crazy old or anything but I went through a lot of rejection and false starts for years and after a while I just stopped trying. There's no deep dark secret. I have a full-time job, no kids, my own place, yadayada. I tried online dating but I never got any responses back. Quit that too. I've never been in a relationship my whole life. Maybe it was meant to be that way. 

I have quite a few (black)female friends in their 30s who are still single and haven’t been in a relationship before. 

I was single for a loooong time and I used the same phrasing as Deonna to explain why I was still alone. I told people I was dating myself. I think it’s a lot more palatable to hear than a sad “no one wants to date me”.  Deonna might not have been single for 10 years by choice but instead trying and failing to find a faithful guy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Elizabeth really does she herself as a quirky "victim."  As soon as the instructor starting talking, she did.  He stopped and she stopped.  He started a second time and she started again.  And, it was all about her love for NASCAR, etc.  That's when Jaime snapped and told her to shut up after which she tried to appeal to the other couples as a perpetual victim.  Then, when they were all talking about getting ready for the adventure she told everyone else that she wasn't going to participate.  And then she just stood there and stood there-hoping the others would come over and "comfort" her, thereby giving her the attention she was craving.  As nobody did that, she then approached the group and told them that she could tell them the whole history of NASCAR, etc., but wouldn't as she was previously told to shut up (which by this point had been quite a bit earlier).  Again, I think she thought they would all beg her to tell them her stories but, instead, they just went on with their adventure.  When Jaime and Elizabeth fought over this later, she kept repeating that none of the other couples supported her (she mentioned it more than once).  So, her intention regarding the NASCAR trip was to be the center of attention the whole time.  She kept trying, but nobody played her game.  And, as for supporting her when Jaime told her to shut up?  I think they were glad he got her to stop talking so that they could listen to the instructor.  I think Elizabeth's biggest issue is her constant desire for attention and she gets frustrated when she doesn't get it.  It goes all the way back to the honeymoon when she couldn't believe that Jaime went to eat lunch instead of spending hours looking for her when she just decided to leave and take a shower without telling him.

I think Iris may have a similar desire for attention although she doesn't explode in anger when not getting it.  She's shocked that Keith isn't as focused on her virginity as she is.  She tried to run the whole party (lemonadegate), and sees herself as quirky and charming.  I swallowed a quarter!  Geesch, that's a part of growing up for many children-putting something in their mouths and swallowing/eating it.  She has also interjected her advice when the women have had their get-togethers; she seems to want others to look up to her and see her as a hero but she doesn't really know how to go about it.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

I DO think Iris was expecting and would have preferred a virginal man.

Keith = No. Iris = Yes. (He wants an adult woman. She is content with the Status Quo.)

Greg = Yes. Deonna = Yes. (Faith prevails.)

Jamie = Yes. Elizabeth = Yes. (I KNOW! But I think they are convinced that emotional volatility makes the amorous world go 'round.)

Matt = No. Amber = Yes. ( Even more than Big Red, Amber cannot read the room.)

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 11

A brand-new men's Tee-shirt is now in the MAFS PT Store!

In two color combinations: Overcast Gray with Lemonade Yellow lettering; and Depression Black with Dying Ember Red lettering.

On the front: "My Woman Swallowed..."

On the reverse: "A Quarter! What?" 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

They’re rerunning this episode tonight with Keith & Christine, Bobby & Danielle, Anthony & Ashley and of course Jamie & Doug giving comments (ala The People’s Couch.). I’m disappointed because there’s not enough time to let them comment so it’s really just a rerun but it’s scheduled for two hours so maybe there’s going to be more from them.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

I never watch the Unfiltered show but I just saw a few seconds at the end.

Gosh,  Jamie (the host) has some serious new long hair extensions. I think she is able to sit on them.

It looks like she shaved a golden retriever and then attached the fur to her head.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Mazzy said:

None of them make any sense unless 1. the "experts" are utterly terrible at their professions, 2. psychology profession in general is a joke, or 3. they purposely chose to have a season of train wrecks.

all-of-the-above.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

They’re rerunning this episode tonight with Keith & Christine, Bobby & Danielle, Anthony & Ashley and of course Jamie & Doug giving comments (ala The People’s Couch.). I’m disappointed because there’s not enough time to let them comment so it’s really just a rerun but it’s scheduled for two hours so maybe there’s going to be more from them.  

No Stephanie and AJ?! I know he had that burning hatred for production, but I would love to get Stephanie’s take on this pack of fools.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

Can Matt speak in full sentences??

I'm not sure if he just dense or has zero interest in this show anymore.

I think he has simply spent his entire life since his early teens immersed in basketball, and not books, since many ball players start to get into basketball around middle school and from there it becomes their whole focus. I know the type; chill but not to have long philosophical conversations with. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I watched some of it & found it incredibly boring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 8/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, Auntie said:

Dang, I can't believe I actually miss watching this show. I just cancelled my cable services as I was tired of paying over $200 a month. So people, post details!!!! Is there any way to stream this free or watch episodes after they've aired for free?

Yes, there is. I don't know if it's allowed to give you names of sites so I'll just say to search things like "free streaming" or "stream Married at first sight", etc. I can tell you that these sites run on ads so like the one I watch goes basically like this: click on search bar, a pop up window opens. I close it and type the search (married at first sight) and a new tab opens with the episodes list. I click the episode and usually there is a small pop up on same tab asking to 'allow' something - I always choose 'not now/deny' and then the episode window with the media player opens. Sometimes it's tricksy and there is a "proceed to video" UNDER what appears to be the media player and sometimes not. If so click it, if not click play, another pop up - close it, click play again, a second pop up - close it, click play a THIRD time and it plays. It seems like a lot and a headache but honestly once you are familiar it's just a quick routine of closing a couple windows.

There are also some shows that you can watch directly on their network webpages. And there are also other sites besides the one I use that will have different pop ups at different times or more or less working links, etc. You just have to pick the page that works best for you. I cut the cord maybe 10 years ago, before it was the norm, and I've been watching TV this way ever since. I do also have Netflix and Prime.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

One poster on Reddit predicted Iris’ secret reveal perfectly, right down to the commercial break:

"Keith I... I..." looks around (camera cuts to Keith, and scene is edited to replay) "Keith I... I..." (camera cuts to Keith again, music intensifies) "Keith I... I... I need you to know this." (camera cuts to Keith again, music intensifies, go to commercial).

Back from commercial.. the entire scene plays again.

"Keith I... I..." looks around (camera cuts to Keith, and scene is edited to replay again) "Keith I... I..." (camera cuts to Keith again, music intensifies) "Keith I... I... I need you to know this... I have to tell you something." (edited pause, camera cuts back and forth to poorly edited still shots of both of them that we've seen before and are completely non sequitur). 

"Keith I... I..." looks around, another edited pause "Keith I... I... I need you to know this... I have to tell you something.. I'm actually..." looks around, another edited pause "actually" (camera cuts to Keith, then back to Iris) "I'm actually" looks around, another edited pause while a reverse cymbal plays leading up to the big reveal!! "I... I.. I'm actually... lactose intolerant." (silence)

♫♫It's all or noting!!♫♫

Lol, I feel like being a MAFS fan is like being in an abusive relationship. Why do they try to fake us out and bore us to death all the time?

I’m really confused about the state of Iris and Keith’s relationship. This is all speculation on my part, but I don’t think they stay together. But then it’s weird that Iris is always gushing about Keith on Unfiltered and this week she wouldn’t stop talking about how sexy it was when he would come home from work looking confident and self-assured. And Keith talks about Iris on Unfiltered like she’s the Queen Mother whose decisions must be respected. Everything that we see on the actual MAFS show leads me to believe that they will divorce. So why do they speak so highly of each other? Matt and Amber do NOT do that.

The only thing I can think of is that both Iris and Keith say they want to divorce on decision day and then they agree to promote/not bash each other after the show. 🤔This would explain why Iris has no hard feelings and is able to speak well of him on Unfiltered. Keith has a poker face and would have spoken highly even if he was matched with Danielle from 90 Day Fiancé so I don’t go by his reactions. How they get from here to not choosing each other, if that happens, should be interesting. But of course tptb probably won’t show us much of that and will continue to bore us with “compatibility games.”

Edited by lids
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I also think Deonna looked really good in her talking heads this week (they were all the same talking head), with her hair in the flat-twisted style. (I may be biased because my hair is in a similar style right now.) But her hair looked good and her face was open and friendly. (I stay wanting to give her some blotting papers and recommend a mattifying mask I use twice a week, though. 

Oooh, please share the details of the mask!

• Love 2

I would bet good money that Matt's side piece forbid him from having sex with Amber.  Simple, naïve Amber doesn't realize that the reason Matt isn't doing her is because he is doing someone else.

Iris appears to be a ditz who lacks self awareness. Keith seemed disappointed by her reveal, and yet she kept yammering on. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I'd love to hear how the couples were!

6 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I cannot believe she's actually blaming her adult romantic dysfunction on being sad her high school relationship didn't end with marriage at 20.

The problem may not be that the first relationship didn't work out. It may be that after that relationship she was ambivalent/negative about getting into another relationship, had other things (work, school) to keep her busy most of the time, but still ended up in the occasional situationships. After some passage of time in the situationships, she "caught feelings," hoped for another relationship and then was disappointed when that didn't happen. The fact that post-college break up there were only situationships could be because she had already (temporarily) given up rather than b/c it is indeed rough out there. 

6 hours ago, Lily247 said:

What I am seeing is that Deonna is NOT physically attracted to Greg and she is bread crumbing him, and trying to maybe convince herself that she likes him but cant. I think she cant STAND how he shows constantly how much he wants it to work with her. Maybe he should pull a page out of Matt's book, just saying. Women may SAY they like the nice guy, but typically ATTRACTION is something

Or she is attracted to him and is trying to not get caught up in sex, or too used to regular sex before she figures out if he's sincere and/or if they are going to make it. It could be self-sabotage. Or it could work.

Some "nice guys" actually aren't that nice when you get past the smoke and mirrors. Greg seems sincere, like a good guy. But, it makes sense for Deonna to spend a few weeks determining if he is indeed a good man, or just some "nice" guy love bombing her. 

• Love 11

The Couple's Couch was terrible.  Horrible format and editing.  With Pillow Talk, the editors show the main episode and then cut to full screen of Couple A B or C reacting to the the scene.  Then the main show continues but up ahead in time.  This Couples Couch is just a replay with the couples occasionally being shown in a small box on the lower left.  And they talk while the main show is going one, reacting to something a minute ago while the main show is of course moving right ahead.

Also, with PT one could skip the main show and just watch PT and have a decent understanding of the main episodes.  But CC you have to have watched the episode first.

I had to turn it off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Thought Couples Couch was pretty awful, too, for all the reasons MajorNelson gave. I liked the last 20 minutes or so, though, when they showed things to come at the couples’ retreat! When Elizabeth (!) says Iris needs to chill out, ya know it may be interesting.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Props for JamieO for double dipping and earning a second paycheck from Lifetime, making those dreadful Lady Godiva locks a tax write off and getting Doug some employment.

Henry? Nellie?

Next week, get rid of JamieO and Doug and have AJ and SexyAF to be judgy judges of the couples' retreat...

AJ  has the best insight to BethBice's bratty behaviors...since he threw regular hissy tantrums during his season...

Steph can help Jamie deal with having a lunatic spouse...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I'd love to hear how the couples were!

They were all adorable.  Ashley’s hair is dark and cut into a short bob - her chemistry with Anthony is so natural.  Keith and Christine are affectionate - her face got fuller but I don’t think she is pregnant.  Danielle showed more personality and Bobby is still his sweet self.  And of course you have Jamie and Doug - who are same old same old.  They did a top 8 countdown of most interesting first meets at the altar.   Apparently they’ll be back next Thursday night doing more critiquing but with a new countdown topic.

• Love 4

Finally watched the episode and I had to shake my head at Amber and Matt. They're basically in a legally binding situationship. Amber will take any crumbs from this fool. Matt seemed to be tense when they went to visit his home. I agree that Amber needs therapy, but I don't think Matt is marriage material. Even if he'd have met his own personal Helen of Troy, I don't think he operates at the right frequency (to borrow his terminology) to make a long term relationship work. He probably needs therapy as well, to deal with his family issues. Would have been better than trying to create an instafamily on a reality show.

Elizabeth is a brat. Jamie often instigates their arguments, goads her and then won't let anything go even when she asks him to leave her alone.  They're both terrible.

Iris. *sigh* 

I figured Greg would go all out for Deonna's birthday. He's the shining star of this season (along with poor, virgin-saddled Keith). One thing I can say about Deonna is she's aware of her issues and actively trying to deal with them. And she's articulating all of that to the experts when they ask. I'd like to think she's saying the same types of things to Greg even if we don't see it. 

Keith and Iris have lovely mothers.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

The problem may not be that the first relationship didn't work out. It may be that after that relationship she was ambivalent/negative about getting into another relationship, had other things (work, school) to keep her busy most of the time, but still ended up in the occasional situationships. After some passage of time in the situationships, she "caught feelings," hoped for another relationship and then was disappointed when that didn't happen. The fact that post-college break up there were only situationships could be because she had already (temporarily) given up rather than b/c it is indeed rough out there. 

Or she is attracted to him and is trying to not get caught up in sex, or too used to regular sex before she figures out if he's sincere and/or if they are going to make it. It could be self-sabotage. Or it could work.

Some "nice guys" actually aren't that nice when you get past the smoke and mirrors. Greg seems sincere, like a good guy. But, it makes sense for Deonna to spend a few weeks determining if he is indeed a good man, or just some "nice" guy love bombing her. 

Hmmmm well....from what I have seen in past MAFS, most of the people dont play games with their spouse when they actually like and feel attraction to them. Because not only is she apparantly restraining from regular sex, she also seems to restrain from reciprocating affection to Greg the way he has been showing her. These situations tend to be FAR simpler than people reason. TBH I dont think he is her type. And I dont like the way Greg is handling all of this, he acts like a chump to me, just vying for any crumb she throws at him. 

• Love 7

Deonna you are going to break Greg's and our hearts...

Miss Deonna is still not emotionally over her decade past due date relationship with the high school ex who caused her to build her mile high, mile wide deep walls...

This experiment is making Deonna realize that she may NEVER, EVER get over the ex and is incapable of moving on...

Greg is a prince of a guy that her mom and daddy already are comfortable around, her sister, De'Asia says is good for her big sister, even Trent, De'Asia's bf approves of Greg but Deonna still treats Greg like Jephte treated Shawniece...much wariness, full of skepticism.

Deonna has put Greg in the category of friends with benefits limited to his birthday and her whim.

Time for Greg to see she likes him as a friend and occasional fork buddy but her ex still looms large in her psyche...

Greg deserves a wife who loves him enthusiastically and unconditionally....

Deonna tolerates Greg who is doing all the right things will never replace the ex in her mind....

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Kareem said:

when they showed things to come at the couples’ retreat!

Couples retreat

Maybe they can use the community room at the Silos Apartments for the retreat and save some money and travel time.  Big Red and Jamie would not need pet sitters.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1