Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Secrets of the Past

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder if the other couples can hear Jamie and Beth fighting through the walls? That’s disturbing. 

Even more disturbing is if the other couples can hear them having sex.

• LOL 12

Raise your hand if you think all the couples think their NASCAR experiences were lacking since Beth didn't get to share all her cool, inside info! I'm sure they were really looking forward to her dominating the day with her precious insights, which are so much more important than learning about, say, basic safety that the hapless guide was trying to share. I mean, who needs basic safety when you're driving 160 mph?!? 

To me, when anyone talks about themselves in third person it's a huge red flag. At the very least, in the context it has been shown, it's a narcissistic trait. It never indicates a strength of character or willingness to compromise — you know, the qualities you want in a partner for life. Instead you are getting the type of orders you might get from a stubborn toddler: Iris only uses this sink for hands! Deonna is done with this discussion! No flexibility, no willingness to listen — sounds ideal, no?

2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Anyway, so are we supposed to believe that Deonna is this warm, wonderful, soft, emotional woman who will light up and tingle when Greg walks into a room if only she removes these walls that she has? We have seen her personality and attitude on the show and while things may happen off camera, her general way of communicating with Greg and talking down to him is not something that I think vanishes off camera. It's part of who she is. Her general disposition is having to be winning or in the driver's seat having control over whatever is currently happening and calling the shots whether it be bowling or a conversation about their relationship. Meanwhile, she's afraid that Greg will see how she truly is (her words) and not like her. That tells me what we see is her version of "best behavior" at the beginning of a relationship. How's that working for Greg now? You mean there's more? I see a lot not to like now. What's hidden?

Things go wrong in life and couples have to navigate it together. Ideally it brings couples closer. If this is Deonna's "best behavior," how supportive will she be while things are hitting the fan? If the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior, it's not looking so hot. And I'm referring to real problems here by the way — money, health, family — not manufactured reality show crises. Someone who has to be in control and always right is not going to be the partner you need as you are say, grappling with putting a parent with rapidly worsening Altzheimer's in a facility. But if Greg can live with those qualities (after all, he is not perfect either), or feels that the positives outweigh the negatives, that's great for him. I personally would disagree, but hey, it takes all kinds, right?

And by no means am I only looking at Deonna here. Not everyone is meant to be married, and to me that isn't necessarily a negative on them. Marriage is sold as a white-lace-and-promises, answer-to-all-your-problems phony ideal that you are supposably incomplete without, but in reality it's an artificial construct that not everyone is suited for. And by "everyone" I'm referring to most of the people cast on this season. 

Edited by Mrs. Button
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Hey guys I still can't figure out how to pull a quote. Someone was kind enough to give me the instructions but it's not working or I'm doing something wrong. Is it possible that I cannot do it on my phone?

I touch the the beginning of the sentience I want to quote. A little box comes up that says quote selection. I've tried hitting the end of the sentence assuming that will give me the entire sentence. all I get is the one word I highlighted in quote selection. So frustrating because there's so much I want to respond but not the entire post. Let me know if there's instructions or just help me out here! Thanks!

I see your loud arguing and sex sounds through the walls and raise you ear splitting angry yips and yelp sex noises echoing in the hall from the Bice-Thompson love nest.....

Someone pull the fire alarm so the Bickersons will stop the sex concert......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
On 8/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, Auntie said:

Most people wash their hair when they shower. Personally, that's every morning for me. So not only does she not wash her hair very often, it probably means she also doesn't shower very often.

YUK

I shower daily (sometimes more than once - it's humid here) and I don't wash my hair every day. Every other day, sometimes every third.

IRONIC Matt talking about respect. That's RICH! 😂😂 Yet nobody had the balls to check Jamie, just judge. SPINELESS. USELESS. That was the perfect opportunity for the other couples to help them, but no. They just tried to ignore the dysfunction. Sickening

I don't agree. If there was physical violence or a threat to someone's safety I would try to safely intervene, but for once, I agreed with Matt. I didn't like Jamie telling Elizabeth to shut up (though truth be told, I was thinking it too) but the way they communicate is their business, not mine. I think that Elizabeth talking over the NASCAR guy was rude; Jamie telling her to shut up was totally inappropriate and Elizabeth actively trying to drag everyone into their drama by saying "see how he is? I literally can't say anything without him criticizing me" was awful.

Maybe if I saw she was upset and I felt we were close enough I might have pulled her aside and said something to her later to comfort her (though I don't know that the other cast members like her or feel close to her). Plus she was doing that whole passive-aggressive "I'm fine even though my husband tells me to shut up when I'm just sharing valuable and sentimental childhood memories at the top of my lungs" thing, which would only annoy me further.

Elizabeth is a drama queen. I've known plenty like her and honestly, the best thing you can do, for them and for yourself, is to just refuse to play into the drama.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, seasick said:

Hey guys I still can't figure out how to pull a quote.

Seasick, highlight the entire sentence or sentences you want to quote. I used your opening sentence as an example. Once highlighted, a box will pop up at the end of the highlighted sentence that says "Quote sentence."  Click on that box and voila it will appear as a quote. I tried it several times and it works. Not sure why you are having trouble. 

To quote entire posts, you have to click on the quote icons on the bottom of each post. 

Edited by ECM1231
59 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Seasick, highlight the entire sentence or sentences you want to quote. I used your opening sentence as an example. Once highlighted, a box will pop up at the end of the highlighted sentence that says "Quote sentence."  Click on that box and voila it will appear as a quote. I tried it several times and it works. Not sure why you are having trouble. 

To quote entire posts, you have to click on the quote icons on the bottom of each post. 

Thank you Ecm1231 for responding. Gave that a try as you suggested but it's a no-go. I think the phone is the problem. I guess I'll have to go back to using my laptop if I want a quote. This is the first time using my phone for the site. So convenient! Hate using the laptop now. But I have tried to highlight using the phone and it just won't do it. Will only highlight one word at a time the words behind it switch off. Thanks again.

6 minutes ago, seasick said:

Thank you Ecm1231 for responding. Gave that a try as you suggested but it's a no-go. I think the phone is the problem. I guess I'll have to go back to using my laptop if I want a quote. This is the first time using my phone for the site. So convenient! Hate using the laptop now. But I have tried to highlight using the phone and it just won't do it. Will only highlight one word at a time the words behind it switch off. Thanks again.

If it's any consolation I have the same problem with my phone & can never do quotes unless I'm on the laptop.  🤷‍♀️

I've never understood what the big deal is about "shut up." Sure, it's not the nicest thing to say, but I don't get why it's treated like this deeply offensive, off-limits phrase. Sometimes people need to shut up! For example, when they're yammering full volume over someone trying to host an event and/or give them instructions about a dangerous activity.

In middle school, one of my teachers had a "Shut Up Fund." She made us put 25 cents in a jar every time we said it. I always thought that was bizarre and controlling -- it's not a curse word or a racial/gendered slur, and also, where did she get off taking money from middle schoolers? I don't even remember what she used the money for. Probably for her ugly scarf collection. Shut up, Ms. Horn, wherever you are now. And give me back my $12.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Jamie, I also don't think he's inherently terrible. He's reacting to the situation he's been put in, sometimes poorly, but I don't see him goading Elizabeth. She doesn't even give him a chance to start -- she's already flipping out before he realizes what's going on. I don't hate her, either, and definitely don't think she should be called a c-word, but of the two of them I like her less. Anthony on Couples Couch was the only one who actually said what Elizabeth should have known: no one stepped in to say something because it was a horrible, awkward situation and they didn't feel comfortable speaking up. 

Iris does not look anorexic AT ALL, nor does she look any smaller than when the show began. Our culture has been drifting toward obesity as the new normal and I think it's affected our idea of what healthy looks like. Iris's personality may be lacking in some ways, but her skin, hair, and eyes are all bright and she has plenty of energy. She's definitely not starving, and I think she looks fabulous. I hope that it soon becomes as taboo to criticize a thin figure as it is rude to call someone fat.

As problematic as some of these people are, none of them strike me as truly cruel and unsympathetic except Matt. He's cold as ice and doesn't seem to have a speck of guilt about how he's acting. Someone speculated in an earlier thread that the real reason his family hasn't been around is that he was never serious about this marriage and didn't want them to come to a fake wedding. As it turns out, Amber is kind of a clingy nightmare and it probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but he didn't even give her a chance. He's either too dumb or too narcissistic to use Keith's strategy of benign apathy, and he's not hot enough to pull off this clueless jerk act.

He reminds me of Ryan from Teen Mom OG, coming and going like he's single and carefree, treating Amber like Ryan treated Maci -- extremely mean and dismissive to a woman he's made a commitment to (however reluctantly), like she's a delusional moron for thinking her husband/live-in boyfriend and father of her kid [Maci] should maybe come home at night or at least mention where he is.

I'm truly embarrassed for Amber. She was sprung from the second she laid eyes on Matt, and she's been acting like a fool ever since. I cannot begin to imagine what a train wreck this school year is for her now that probably half of her students have seen her nearly naked, climbing all over a man who can barely stand to look at her. I teach college and I don't even feel comfortable teaching in a pencil skirt and bare legs! It sucks but part of the deal when you teach for a living is that anything you do in public or online can be used against you in the classroom. I've got my social media all locked down and it's just pictures of my cats and here's Amber talking about when she's having sex and how it's going on national TV. The woman is out of her mind.

• Love 9
On 8/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, SabineElisabeth said:

I thought that wet scrunchy look went out ages ago, anyway?

Do you mean the style where you take damp curly hair, put gel through it, then scrunch pieces of it with your fingers ? I havent seen that look since high school. I don't personally have anything against her hair, except that I think she would look better if it was longer, and I think she usually dresses very cute. But I think she could use a little makeup. 

3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I'm truly embarrassed for Amber. She was sprung from the second she laid eyes on Matt, and she's been acting like a fool ever since. I cannot begin to imagine what a train wreck this school year is for her now that probably half of her students have seen her nearly naked, climbing all over a man who can barely stand to look at her.

Is it possible that she is not really a teacher?  All the above is correct, for a middle school teacher, but maybe she's not.  Interesting to imagine her sitting around the teacher's lounge saying 'I'm gonna be on MAFS' to her colleagues.

Plenty of occupations have appeared on this show, "high yield bond trader" -- what's that?  Where is the high yield bond trading pit?  The evergreen "account executive". 

Was this filmed during the school year when teachers do not really get vacation time for a wedding and trip to Antigua?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Was this filmed during the school year when teachers do not really get vacation time for a wedding and trip to Antigua?

Didn’t Greg say their anniversary date is 3/20?

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Is it possible that she is not really a teacher?  All the above is correct, for a middle school teacher, but maybe she's not.  Interesting to imagine her sitting around the teacher's lounge saying 'I'm gonna be on MAFS' to her colleagues.

Plenty of occupations have appeared on this show, "high yield bond trader" -- what's that?  Where is the high yield bond trading pit?  The evergreen "account executive". 

Amber did take off work... and she took a sick day the first time Matt stayed out all night. I think it is possible she was working at the time... as depending on the contract teachers can get off for weddings, funerals etc. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I've never understood what the big deal is about "shut up." Sure, it's not the nicest thing to say, but I don't get why it's treated like this deeply offensive, off-limits phrase. Sometimes people need to shut up! For example, when they're yammering full volume over someone trying to host an event and/or give them instructions about a dangerous activity.

In middle school, one of my teachers had a "Shut Up Fund." She made us put 25 cents in a jar every time we said it. I always thought that was bizarre and controlling -- it's not a curse word or a racial/gendered slur, and also, where did she get off taking money from middle schoolers? I don't even remember what she used the money for. Probably for her ugly scarf collection. Shut up, Ms. Horn, wherever you are now. And give me back my $12.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Jamie, I also don't think he's inherently terrible. He's reacting to the situation he's been put in, sometimes poorly, but I don't see him goading Elizabeth. She doesn't even give him a chance to start -- she's already flipping out before he realizes what's going on. I don't hate her, either, and definitely don't think she should be called a c-word, but of the two of them I like her less. Anthony on Couples Couch was the only one who actually said what Elizabeth should have known: no one stepped in to say something because it was a horrible, awkward situation and they didn't feel comfortable speaking up. 

Iris does not look anorexic AT ALL, nor does she look any smaller than when the show began. Our culture has been drifting toward obesity as the new normal and I think it's affected our idea of what healthy looks like. Iris's personality may be lacking in some ways, but her skin, hair, and eyes are all bright and she has plenty of energy. She's definitely not starving, and I think she looks fabulous. I hope that it soon becomes as taboo to criticize a thin figure as it is rude to call someone fat.

As problematic as some of these people are, none of them strike me as truly cruel and unsympathetic except Matt. He's cold as ice and doesn't seem to have a speck of guilt about how he's acting. Someone speculated in an earlier thread that the real reason his family hasn't been around is that he was never serious about this marriage and didn't want them to come to a fake wedding. As it turns out, Amber is kind of a clingy nightmare and it probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but he didn't even give her a chance. He's either too dumb or too narcissistic to use Keith's strategy of benign apathy, and he's not hot enough to pull off this clueless jerk act.

He reminds me of Ryan from Teen Mom OG, coming and going like he's single and carefree, treating Amber like Ryan treated Maci -- extremely mean and dismissive to a woman he's made a commitment to (however reluctantly), like she's a delusional moron for thinking her husband/live-in boyfriend and father of her kid [Maci] should maybe come home at night or at least mention where he is.

I'm truly embarrassed for Amber. She was sprung from the second she laid eyes on Matt, and she's been acting like a fool ever since. I cannot begin to imagine what a train wreck this school year is for her now that probably half of her students have seen her nearly naked, climbing all over a man who can barely stand to look at her. I teach college and I don't even feel comfortable teaching in a pencil skirt and bare legs! It sucks but part of the deal when you teach for a living is that anything you do in public or online can be used against you in the classroom. I've got my social media all locked down and it's just pictures of my cats and here's Amber talking about when she's having sex and how it's going on national TV. The woman is out of her mind.

I love your whole post except that I do feel "shut up" to someone he's married to & while around other people is very disrespectful. Sure she was disrespectful as well, but she can look bad all on her own & doesn't need his help. However, I also think the situation stinks a bit of production involvement, but that's JMO.  I also feel Jamie is pretty cruel, in a different way than Matt - totally agree with you on Matt. Jamie has a calm, yet nasty, way of reacting to an out of control person, thereby making out of control person even worse - it is a tactic & narcissists use it. I can't say that's exactly what's going on here, because teevee, but the name calling in itself at this early stage, not letting her get away from him, etc, are all good reasons for her to have left him for good had she wanted.  In the end they're both not marriage material, but most of the people who go on this show are not. A lot of them do make for 'good teevee' though...

4 hours ago, Liberty said:

I could see her doing this - Amber is immature & seems to also lack self-awareness.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

If it's any consolation I have the same problem with my phone & can never do quotes unless I'm on the laptop.  🤷‍♀️

It is a consolation so thanks for sharing that. I tend to get the basics when it comes to buying technology. Don't know if a $1,200 phone would help but no can do! I'll slog along on my laptop when necessary.

Amber is to Matt as LizzyBeth is to Jamie....

BougieRed blusters, flails around with a big potty mouth but is as hopeless as Amber when it comes to her husband...both need to cut bait and go fish elsewhere.....both men are wrong wrong wrong for them...

Tender hearted people need to find the right people to make them feel worthy of love...

1 minute ago, seasick said:

It is a consolation so thanks for sharing that. I tend to get the basics when it comes to buying technology. Don't know if a $1,200 phone would help but no can do! I'll slog along on my laptop when necessary.

Again hopefully a consolation but my phone is no cheapie lol - & I still can't quote specific pieces of the text, only the whole thing. 🙄

• Love 2
On 8/24/2019 at 7:55 AM, Lindz said:

Raven is talking to Amber! He's her friend that went through the process with her. He's so yum! 😍

Raven is so hot! I just automatically assumed he was taken/married/gay because otherwise it makes no sense why they're not together. Especially now that I know that they apparently both went through the casting process for this show. He had to have shut her down in the past or something, because if they are each so desperate to get married, why not just try dating each other? And yes, I know men and women who are sexually compatible orientation wise can be platonic friends,  but his little pep talk about knowing her own self-worth was everything she's been wanting Matt to say for the last six weeks in the span of a five-minute conversation. He is incredibly gentle and empathetic with her and seemingly everything she's been craving in a romantic partner, so I just don't get it. Or maybe Amber's just not attracted to Raven because he's actually emotionally available and her abandonment issues predispose her to obsessively wanting to please partners who don't pay her any attention and their rejection naturally only makes her double down on her emotional attachment because she internalizes it as a sign of her own failures and need for improvement. Wake up Amber, Raven's actual husband material!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Raven knows what an emotional train wreck Amber is so has her firmly in his friendzone....

I don't think so. I think Raven is her very good friend who happens to be gay.

I just read, upthread, that Raven had also applied to be part of MAFS. If that's the case (and Raven prefers women) --either they're "friendly" exes, or Humble is absolutely right.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady

Possible...not probable....don’t count on it.

Iris’ only flash of normalcy is her love for Homestead Lemonade.

Am sure Keith has plenty to say about her loony side but ever the gentleman he won’t kiss and tell.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Who is this Raven?  Was he on Unfiltered?  YouTube doesn't appear to have this episode's Unfiltered posted, so if that's where he's from, can someone do a screen shot?

Apparently Raven was shown on a Coming Attraction which someone so kindly posted the script somewhere above. I don't get the Coming Attractions it goes straight into that horrifying marrying million show. The people on there are so creepy that I usually switch off immediately but I finally did look through and no coming attractions on my lifetime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Who is this Raven?  Was he on Unfiltered?  YouTube doesn't appear to have this episode's Unfiltered posted, so if that's where he's from, can someone do a screen shot?

He’s on in the next episode, Luv.  He was shown in one of the brief previews that GingerandCloves gave a beautiful blow by blow account of above.  

• Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 12:28 PM, WahooLAH99 said:

Iris let me explain something to you- you better try harder!  There is no way you will be getting any seconds dates after this is over when you happily explain how you are a 28 year old DIVORCED virgin!

It could be that she didn’t want to reveal her actual secret on camera or maybe she was testing him to see if he was truly interested in her.

• Love 1

maybe she was testing him to see if he was truly interested in her.

I don't know how Iris telling Keith that ridiculous story about swallowing a quarter could be some sort of test of Keith's interest. If he was truly interested in her, he would have... what? If he wasn't truly interested in her, what sort of reaction to this story would have indicated that?

I think that Iris is really immature and this story was just another example of that. That whole exchange with Keith, from her telling of the "secret" to her cute little pajamas and the way she turned on her side and fell asleep after their discussion - it all had this middle-school-sleepover vibe to it. 

I liked Iris at the start and I still think she is gorgeous but I am not a fan of her personality. I think she has a lot of growing up to do before she can be a good partner for anyone. 

• Love 14

Iris has failed to understand that her making faces and shuddering of anything to do with sex, her abhorrence to talking about sex, her stupid cutesy answers for the relationship exercises that are supposed to help bring them closer is the major turn off for her husband...

Decision day.... Wonder Iris will throw a Hail Mary in the last week and offer  penetrant sex just to keep Keith from saying buh bye.....

Thinking Keith has already holstered his peniz and running the clock out....

Iris would  be okay to have another label to go with Technically a Virgin badge...Divorcee.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Decision day.... Wonder Iris will throw a Hail Mary in the last week and offer  penetrant sex just to keep Keith from saying buh bye.....

I f Rat read this as “penitent sex” and thought, “yeah, maybe...”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 12:09 AM, ECM1231 said:

Spot on about the Judy Dench comment. Keith's mom is so pretty.

When we first met Deonna she said her h.s. relationship ended approximately 10 years ago and she dated herself for 10 years. Then we learn she had " situationships" ( her word) during those 10 years. So what I gathered from that was that she had met men, slept with them, but they never led to a really satisfying relationship. IE: perhaps the men were using her for sex and she wanted/ hoped for more. Thus the reluctance to jump into sex with Greg but she is slowly letting her walls down. I remain hopeful for them.

This is exactly how I believe the Deonna situation went if you put the pieces together. I so relate to her in the way of I had a long term relationship in my teens to early 20's and it went bad. Like really bad for both of us and it shut me down for YEARS from relationships.  We're actually great friends now as I am with all my exes but it did take a toll on me. So I had always related to her story. Then when she talked about "situationships" she reminded me so much of friends who went through that period of leading with sex. A perfect example of in the real world Matt and Amber would have a "situationship". Heres a woman who slept with the guy way too fast and got emotionally attached. She saw babies, and 50 yr anniversaries before he got out the shower after they first had sex. She has the benefit of being married to him as an excuse but this happens so much. Women "give it up" per say and don't know the guy and get emotionally attached  through sex and think sex is going to make the guy fall in love with them. They give them all kinds of leeway, become desperate and just have general heartbreak. I have talked so many gfs off the ledge in our 20s. They weren't real relationships with a give and take. They didn't meet the parents and were generally a booty call to be blunt. Side piece , as you will in some cases. Not knowingly but being strung along and I think that's what Deanna went through in some sense. 

She's doing the best she knows how in order to let Greg in as she obviously in really into him. I would say she is in love with him. The show is doing all it can to mind drama from them similar to Bobby and Danielle. The experts did right by Deanna as they gave her Greg whom with his mother story can completely relate to what she's been through in some sense. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris has failed to understand that her making faces and shuddering of anything to do with sex, her abhorrence to talking about sex, her stupid cutesy answers for the relationship exercises that are supposed to help bring them closer is the major turn off for her husband...

And Keith has done absolutely nothing to clue her in on this...........

• Love 4
On 8/22/2019 at 11:48 AM, topanga said:

Didn't they used to do "3 things I hate about you" every night? I wonder what happened to that. 

I just thought about that the other day... Whatever happened to that knew thing they discovered on their honeymoon called COMMUNICATION?? 😂😂 It shouldn't have just been things that bothered them (EVERY NIGHT TOO 😅), but it looks like they stopped doing it very quickly. In my Gordon Ramsay voice, "Damn." 

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
On 8/25/2019 at 2:15 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

if they are each so desperate to get married, why not just try dating each other? And yes, I know men and women who are sexually compatible orientation wise can be platonic friends,  but his little pep talk about knowing her own self-worth was everything she's been wanting Matt to say for the last six weeks in the span of a five-minute conversation. He is incredibly gentle and empathetic with her and seemingly everything she's been craving in a romantic partner, so I just don't get it. Or maybe Amber's just not attracted to Raven because he's actually emotionally available and her abandonment issues predispose her to obsessively wanting to please partners who don't pay her any attention and their rejection naturally only makes her double down on her emotional attachment because she internalizes it as a sign of her own

I only saw a few seconds clip of this Raven, but typically women are not attracted to guys who put it out there that they are emotionally available. See: Greg and Dionna. 

Usually women want this kind of guy at the end of their 20s when they are done dating "emotionally unavailable dbag players" and they want someone comfortable to settle down with. I think Amber sees in Raven probably what Dionna sees in Greg and hence why she is instead crying over a douche player. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, DaddyDOIT said:

You guys are acting like Iris swallowed a penny or a dime....she swallowed an actual quarter 😲 Most people would not share such a deep, dark secret. I can see why only the doctor and her Mom knew. This episode has helped so many people. When I went to my LCSA (loose coin swallowers anonymous) meeting there where so many more people sharing their tragic stories.... THANK YOU Iris for giving us the strength to carry on.

I actually thought her story would take a different turn, like she swallowed a quarter and choked for too long and went into a coma for 2 years, and that life altering event made her decide to fetishize her virginity

Edited by Lily247
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

What was the end of the story?

Did she have abdominal surgery to remove it from her stomach?

Did her mother have to collect her poos for a couple of days and searched for the quarter until it was passed?

Did the doctor  grab the coin with an endoscope's basket from her stomach?

Iris is all about the dramatic prelude and buildup...and Keith aptly punctuated the lame story well...lights out for him....

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DaddyDOIT said:

You guys are acting like Iris swallowed a penny or a dime....she swallowed an actual quarter 😲 Most people would not share such a deep, dark secret. I can see why only the doctor and her Mom knew. This episode has helped so many people. When I went to my LCSA (loose coin swallowers anonymous) meeting there where so many more people sharing their tragic stories.... THANK YOU Iris for giving us the strength to carry on.

I can’t care for less than a dollar...

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, DaddyDOIT said:

Hands down,  the funniest fake applauding of Iris's magnificently dismal confession. 👑

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I have to get Greg and Deona out the way... LOVE THEM!! And I clearly saw off the bat that Greg was joking so again I think it was a bit reaching in the edit. I loved the  birthday surprise cause it truly seemed as if it was his idea. So many times on this show I never get the feeling of people truly falling in love or that they're even in a new relationship.  Where's the fun? The giddiness of being in this new relationship? The surprises and cute things you do esp. in the beginning. This was it. Very thoughtful and super sweet.  I've said my feelings on Deonna  getting lucky with Greg and how he's perfect for her but the question remains for me is she perfect for him? I think the other issue with the show is they tend to focus on what one person issue is and that's the theme throughout the series. 

Iris and Keith- He looks just like his mom. She is beautiful.  It just isn''t it with Iris. Her secret at first infuriated me and it still does but I get she didn't want. a secret exposed to the world but she could've thought of something better than that. I feel Keith frustration and how awkward it must be for him. No one wants to have sex with a child and she behaves like one in these situations. I had hoped it was just her nervousness with  imitacy in front of the cameras but going by Keith he's seeing her be this way off camera. I think he respects her and likes but is turned off by her.  I will say according to Iris on unfiltered he doesn't tell her a lot of these things as he tells the experts and that's on him. I know its awkward and given her behavior when sexual things are mentioned I can see him being nervous or turned off to even make out with her. 

Matt and Amber- In the words of Birdman "Are we done? Or Are we finished?". See what gets me is even though its messed up I wish these couples as a whole were more real. Matt on unfiltered did not seem like this space cadet. He did not seem like he couldn't put together a few sentences. He was VERY clear he does not like Amber personality . That would be interesting to see play out. Its a real thing and often not talked about on this show. He just doesn't like her. He can have sex with her but after getting to know her he doesn't like her. He should be straight up with her and is an jerk for not being up front and staying at this point. Wrong as he was on unfiltered I wish we saw more of that Matt. Theres no hope for Amber if she doesn't see this is over. He doesn't want to sleep with her, kiss or even cuddle her. My heart goes out to her it does but girl read the 10 ft sign right in front you.  

Jamie and Elizabeth- I CAN NOT STAND HIM! I think he is the worst. Off the bat yes Liz is immature. Yes, she  throws tantrums but you know what he feeds off the bs.  When watching that video of the fight he started to laugh/smile at seeing it (it was awkward) and then immediately reprimand  her for doing the same thing. "Oh you think that's funny?" And like a child she had to answer him.  He wants her to be his masturbating tool  but has such little respect for her. He demeans her, verbally abusive and gaslight the hell out of her. He is a boring, ill tempered jackass. The way he went off on her in the car was just so uncalled for. But guess what these fools are gonna stay together I just know it. They will be that couple unless Beth dad can talk some sense into her. Being a daddy's girl even at my big age my dad would break a dude kneecaps to start if he saw me treated this was.  Her family can not be happy and that's going to make it awkward for them to continue.  The only positive I give them them is they are real on the show. This is who they are as a couple. No secrets or agreements what to show on or off the camera. I love that this is them both warts and all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Um. Did anyone else notice that when Jamie cashed in one of his anniversary sex coupons he walked into the bedroom with a dog leash?!

So much for basic Caucasian sex.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Jassie99 said:

Jamie and Elizabeth- I CAN NOT STAND HIM! I think he is the worstLiz is immature. When watching that video of the fight he started to laugh/smile at seeing it and then immediately reprimand  her for doing the same thing. "Oh you think that's funny?" And like a child she had to answer him.  He ...has such little respect for her. He demeans her and gaslight the hell out of her. He is a boring, ill tempered jackass

But guess what these fools are gonna stay together. They will unless Beth dad can talk some sense into her. Being a daddy's girl my dad would break a dude kneecaps to start Her family can not be happy. The only positive I give them them is they are real on the show. No secrets or agreements what to show on or off the camera. I love that this is them both warts and all

Thanks, Jassie, for expressing this so well.  You nailed it! And yes, they'll probably stay together at D-Day.

Jamie is a straight-up manipulative bastard. Did you notice that when Elizabeth went to visit that trashy plot of land that once was her childhood trailer home, and she was in tears - Jamie was smirking while he drove away?! 

In the "get-together" meetings with friends and family, Elizabeth's father wasn't around...  Of course I realize he works hard and can't go visit his daughter on a whim. But -on TV- I haven't  even seen Beth call him! 

So I don't know if "they are real on the show. No secrets or agreements what to show on or off the camera." ...I mean, it could be that  production is "editing" stuff out, saving the "Daddy Dearest" story line for last-minute (-ta-ta-TUM!) big drama ...  But otherwise, I'm concerned that Jamie has successfully manipulated Elizabeth into being afraid to talk to her own parents.

Like most spousal abusers, the first horrible thing Sneery did was decide to keep Beth away from her father (his 'rival') as much as possible.  He ridiculed her for working for her father, making Elizabeth too embarrassed to contact her family. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Like most spousal abusers, the first horrible thing Sneery did was decide to keep Beth away from her father (his 'rival') as much as possible.  He ridiculed her for working for her father, making Elizabeth too embarrassed to contact her family. 

I agree he is awful, but this seems like a massive reach. How exactly can he keep her from her family when she works for her father??? I don't think he's a mustache twirling (if he had any hair) villain so much as a petulant passive aggressive asshat. Also, I don't think that slug could control her. Piss her off, yes, control her, no........

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I agree he is awful, but this seems like a massive reach. How exactly can he keep her from her family when she works for her father??? I don't think he's a mustache twirling (if he had any hair) villain so much as a petulant passive aggressive asshat. Also, I don't think that slug could control her. Piss her off, yes, control her, no........

Agreed and I can't imagine Elizabeth being "too embarrassed" to do anything. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I'm surprised that no one else has said this yet about Beth.  But in my opinion,  she's extremely insecure. Her over the top behaviors and overreactions to perceived rejections indicates a ton of self doubt.  I think she knows she's not successful,  not attractive,  and does not have an attractive figure.  Thus, dressing provocatively and buying boobs, as it will get her some attention, not always good attention,  but just enough attention to think she is hot stuff. Also why she took such umbrage to Jamie's calling her out on quitting school and working for Daddy, she knows she's not an independent successful woman.

The comments she makes around the other couples makes me think she thinks the other ladies are better looking than her.  Thus, she tries harder to garner attention to herself. Again not necessarily good attention but at least some attention. 

Jamie has caught on to her extreme insecurity and that is why he picks on her. I think he is actually attracted to her and her sense of fun can maybe sometimes be a good thing. However I think he's embarrassed by her behavior in public and it frustrates him and he lashes out. I'm not saying this well, but overall I mean that he knows she's full of shit and he can't help himself from calling her out on it. The biggest problem is that he may appreciate certain things about her, but actively disliking things about her is a huge issue, as well as his complete lack of respect for her; he thinks she's a lazy idiot.  For a successful relationship you should love your partner, but more importantly,  you should like your partner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Farley said:

I'm surprised that no one else has said this yet about Beth.  But in my opinion,  she's extremely insecure. Her over the top behaviors and overreactions to perceived rejections indicates a ton of self doubt.  I think she knows she's not successful,  not attractive,  and does not have an attractive figure.  Thus, dressing provocatively and buying boobs, as it will get her some attention, not always good attention,  but just enough attention to think she is hot stuff. Also why she took such umbrage to Jamie's calling her out on quitting school and working for Daddy, she knows she's not an independent successful woman.

The comments she makes around the other couples makes me think she thinks the other ladies are better looking than her.  Thus, she tries harder to garner attention to herself. Again not necessarily good attention but at least some attention. 

Jamie has caught on to her extreme insecurity and that is why he picks on her. I think he is actually attracted to her and her sense of fun can maybe sometimes be a good thing. However I think he's embarrassed by her behavior in public and it frustrates him and he lashes out. I'm not saying this well, but overall I mean that he knows she's full of shit and he can't help himself from calling her out on it. The biggest problem is that he may appreciate certain things about her, but actively disliking things about her is a huge issue, as well as his complete lack of respect for her; he thinks she's a lazy idiot.  For a successful relationship you should love your partner, but more importantly,  you should like your partner.

I thought people had commented on her being insecure - it makes sense to me. I don’t find her attractive but I do think she has a good figure. I’m just tired of seeing pretty much all of it all the time. Put some clothes on already Elizabeth!

• Love 4