Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Secrets of the Past

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

The point of telling this story is that even the most devastating thing I can imagine happening to my mother still didn't prevent her from looking for a relationship again after a couple of years.  So what is wrong with Deonna?  Or what horrible thing really happened to her that she isn't sharing?

It's rough out there. While plenty of people are in relationships. Many, many aren't. Even, young people who are trying. Sometimes after trying, folks give up.

Maybe the thing that happened is that she went out with a handful of guys over the last ten years. Guys who complimented her, had sex with her, and weren't up for more than Netflix and chillin. 

So nothing traumatic had to happen. Just that current dating practices aren't what they were back in the day for many, many people. 

Edited by RaeSpellman
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

Deonna said the only relationship she was in was with the high school guy. She seemed to clearly distinguish that from the situationships. She implied that while she primarily dated herself for a decade, she "was human" and therefore had at least a couple of situationships that didn't turn into relationships.

I have to wonder if those "situationships" were by choice on her part or did she just give up and accept less than "the whole enchilada"?  In either case what kept her from continuing to look for more than what I would call "affairs"?  To me, "situationship" makes them sound more legitimate than they probably really were. 

I have known a few people that have gone through divorce.  A lot of them went a little crazy with the hook-ups and "situationships" afterward, but that period tends to last only about a year or so.  Definitely not an entire DECADE.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

It's rough out there. While plenty of people are in relationships. Many, many aren't. Even, young people who are trying. Sometimes after trying, folks give up.

Maybe the thing that happened is that she went out with a handful of guys over the last ten years. Guys who complimented her, had sex with her, and weren't up for more than Netflix and chillin. 

So nothing traumatic had to happen. Just that current dating practices aren't what they were back in the day to for many, many people. 

Usually older people give up, and with good reason.  When I was young, though, I never gave up.  But that's me.  Dating has always been rough.  Where I came from it was "slim pickins" even back in the day.  And without getting into my personal life too much I am well aware of what the dating world is like today (I was separated a decade ago).  Some people don't have the fortitude to keep trying, and that may be her story.  Deonna burned out on it at a much younger age than some people would, that's for sure.  But I still sense there's more to it than that.  In earlier episodes she left the impression that she was so hurt by what happened to her in that first relationship that she actively didn't want to get involved with anyone, not that she just broke up with a guy, kept trying and just didn't get anywhere.  So that's why I ask.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Did Amber just get out of the shower?

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I am so distracted by her hair. I just cannot figure out what’s going on with it. She’s a super cute woman, but her hair. Did her twin have the same hair? 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Iris is an ass. Keith is a wuss for not telling her what he told us in the TH head about immaturity.

Thank you. Yes, Iris is a twit. But Keith is just as bad for not communicating with her. Why didn’t he say, “That really wasn’t a secret.” She thinks she told him something heartfelt. Keith obviously didn’t, but rather than saying that, he said goodnight. How is that helping? And why didn’t he share a secret himself? I don’t think he makes himself vulnerable to Iris, either. 

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So there are two sides to this story and it's not all on Matt, although I still think he's a yucky dumb doofus (and remember, you heard it here first).  Amber needs therapy for her abandonment issues because NO MAN is going to put up with her for very long.  I think these two are ultimately doomed.

Matt said he doesn’t like Amber’s personality. Damn, that’s harsh. But IMO, it’s better than saying she’s doing something wrong that’s making him feel the way he does. Amber is who she is. I do think she’d benefit from lots of therapy, but she shouldn’t have to apologize for being alive.

This was a bad match all around. 

9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

At the hometown picnic Greg tries to get Deonna to open up more. We learn that when she and her h.s. bf went to college they drifted apart and started to fight more. That's it? That is what caused you to put walls up and not have another relationship for 10 years? I had thought maybe he was physically abusive. I mean I am glad he wasn't but geesh, Deonna.

Yeah. I don’t get it at all. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, Elizabete said:

I am so distracted by her hair. I just cannot figure out what’s going on with it. She’s a super cute woman, but her hair. Did her twin have the same hair? 

Amber's hair looks the way it does because she doesn't style it.  She just shakes it out and goes.  She puts in as little effort as possible on her appearance.  Her twin's hair does not look like that at all.  She actually runs a comb through her hair and it looks much better.

Edited by Yeah No
Grammar.
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I bet Iris really felt she went deep with " swallowed a quarter ". Sigh...

All I could think after that confession was, “She might have just led that charmed of a life.”

Edited by Elizabete
Edited for spelling?
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, answerphone said:

I think I've watched too many episodes of Dateline.

The first thing I thought of when Amber and Matt were up on the secluded rock ledge was the numerous Dateline episodes where the husband pushed the wife off the ledge. Yikes! 🤫

I thought the exact same thing!! I was even wondering if either of them had life insurance policies yet!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Kudos to Iris for checking Matt during unfiltered. I loved her “That’s what marriage is” response to him saying that he sacrificed his time, energy and some other crap he was whining about. Speaking of Iris, swallowing a quarter is not a shameful secret. I feel like there is something troubling that happened to her in her past regarding sex, that she’s just not ready to talk about. Keith if you don’t know if Iris makes you happy, then say that to her face not to your mother behind her back. Matt in my opinion is worse than Luke. At least Luke let Kate know he wasn’t attracted to her, even though he was nasty about it. Matt on the other hand is treating his marriage to Amber like a basketball game. Amber needs to find some self esteem and stop accepting these crumbs from Matt. I think if Matt was matched with either Deonna or Iris, he would have been locked out the first time he decided not to come home for 24 hours without communication.

Jamie and Elizabeth are toxic. They’re both verbally abusive to each other. Jamie might have been out of line telling her to shut up, but I get his frustration in that moment. She was  being extremely rude by talking over their guide. Elizabeth knew she messed up by calling Dr. Viviana a b***** that’s why she back tracked once the tone in Dr. V’s voice changed. Deonna and Greg are still cute and just need to work on their communication skills.

Yes! Big Red (love it!) can turn it on and off like a maniac. Jaime has his own issues, but living with her would drive anyone batshit cray. Dr. V wasn’t in their apartment five minutes before she had enough of it. The difference being that as a doctor she comes armed with experience to back her up. Jaime just has his own (unknown to us) issues. 

I kept thinking this episode about how Big Red’s father deals with her? How can he fawn all over her when she pulls this nonsense? Did he create this monster? I can guarantee one thing, IF Big Red remarries in the future, that won’t last long either. Daddy will have his baby girl until the day he dies. And she may just be the one that does him in! 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Elizabete said:

I think the DR who counseled them could have taken Amber aside and show her how to do hair and makeup...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I think Deonna is so darn CUTE when she forgets to be all reserved and smiles with her whole face.  She really is a beautiful girl.  

Gregs EYES, oh my gosh.  

Someone needs to light the match on the bonfire that is Red and Bald guy.  “Lets not fight any more, pull ourselves together and DO THIS for 3 more weeks”.  What the hell was THAT all about??  BOTH of them saying it like “decision day” (pffft) is a magic finish line.   Noooooo, see, how it’s “supposed” to work is that decision day is not the finish line, it’s the starting point.   Hoooo-boy, those two...

and Iris.  I loved her before they got married, I’ve loved her every epi, but Iris, please lean over, use both hands and grasp that stick up your butt, pull it out and get it over with.   Just do the deed.  

remember that couple (Sonia and Nick) when the experts kept telling them how to relax and have intimacy - and Sonia blurted out finally “we’ve been  sleeping together the whole time!!!!”    God, I hope that happens again.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Auntie said:

Dang, I can't believe I actually miss watching this show. I just cancelled my cable services as I was tired of paying over $200 a month. So people, post details!!!! Is there any way to stream this free or watch episodes after they've aired for free?

Can't call it terms of for free but of you get Philo for 20 dollars a month you'll have lifetime, vh1, mtv, we network, own, TLC and like 45 other channels. And unlimited DVR. Worth it for the price. Just download load the app on your roku and what not and your good.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, answerphone said:

I think I've watched too many episodes of Dateline.

The first thing I thought of when Amber and Matt were up on the secluded rock ledge was the numerous Dateline episodes where the husband pushed the wife off the ledge. Yikes! 🤫

ME TOO!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

So nothing traumatic had to happen. Just that current dating practices aren't what they were back in the day for many, many people. 

Yeah I've basically given up. I'll be 37 in October. So, I'm not crazy old or anything but I went through a lot of rejection and false starts for years and after a while I just stopped trying. There's no deep dark secret. I have a full-time job, no kids, my own place, yadayada. I tried online dating but I never got any responses back. Quit that too. I've never been in a relationship my whole life. Maybe it was meant to be that way. 

Iris is one of least sexy people I've ever seen.

The experts are showing how full of shit they are by actually trying to push the Amber/Matt and Jamie/Elizabeth matches further. They don't match. You know this. This is a farce.

They need a brand new team from top to bottom working on this show get a better cast too. Take your time and spend time with the last candidates. They keep getting gamed by people who have no business on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Not sure if Elizabeth is an emotional wreck or not, (or maybe I'm just jaded)  but I don't quite get all the tears she shed over a nearly empty lot. Jamie didn't look like he sympathized all that much either but then he said the right comforting and reassuring words to her.

Maybe that's what is scary about him...he says the most accurate things, that can help at times, but usually to hurt. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Kareem said:

She’s gotta stop calling herself Deonna.  Buy a pronoun!

And STOP saying Axe instead of ask.  She said it at least 4x in one scene.  She seems like a very intelligent young lady, but damn, IMO,  that just sounds really stupid.  I know it is somewhat cultural,and I mean no offense to anyone, but bless - it makes my ears hurt.

And man, I said it last week - Iris' 'big secret' would be a big fat dud.

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13

WHAT.THE.HELL. Swallowed a quarter?!?? Stupid Iris. I seriously cannot wait for JamieO to rake her over the coals next week for that wasted piece of footage. I liked them together, but this was my turning point. I hope on D day she says she wants to stay married and Keith dumps her. She deserves it. The only thing that I find just as annoying though is that we didn’t see Keith sharing anything. I’m chalking it up to production editing because it doesn’t fit their “Iris is an uptight virgin” storyline.

Greg should have just shut up and let her talk. Just because he asked her to name differences doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be negative.

Jamie and Liz are a dumpster fire. They deserve each other. The dogs are more mature than either of them......

I found Matt’s comments on Unfiltered very telling. He said they operate on different frequencies. She is too emotionally exhausting. I find her weirdly low key but super intense. He probably would have been better with someone more independent and less needy (and who brushes their hair). Either way, neither should have been picked for this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

This week covered basically 3 weeks? Last week  we were at the 1 month point and at the end of the episode tonight there were 10 days left? I wonder why? Was it something like work and filming schedules or constant fighting or nothing to film. I don't remember such a jump ever. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Iris is a dry dry husk of a woman....zero capacity for anything sensual.

Saw Keith’s peniz recoil and telescope into itself and crawl up into his abdomen when she revealed she put dirty coins in her mouth....and deposited a quarter.

She was so forking smug with her chin out and self satisfying smile that I wanted to reach in my screen and pry open her eyes to see Keith’s disappointment with her stupid juvenile story that completely missed the object of the exercise.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

I'd not only tell Beth to shut up, but I'd also make her wait in the car (windows up on a hot day) so she couldn't ruin everyone else's fun. 

Keith:  Any more secrets you want to share with me?

Iris: I own 47 various sex toys and, while I still claim to be a virgin, I've had sex with literally a mile of plastic.  But it's cool because Jesus only gets mad if it's an actual man.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

I havent read any of the posts yet but did anyone else noticed that matt/ambers appt with the fake expert dr vivana was the only one that DID NOT have them watch a video then have to explain what happened in it? unless they did do it but was edited out/not shown for whatever reason.

not a big deal, but just thought that it was a bit unusual. although on 2nd thought, if they had shown video of ambers crying barnacle breakdowns when matt was "missing", that would have been really good tv right then and there hahaha

Would have loved to see matts reaction and explanation after seeing what amber went thru when he was out with his boys sidechick

Also I noticed that the pseudo dr viviana wore a different outfit to each couples appt.

Wouldnt she be seeing all 4 couples in the same day, since they all live in the same building and presumably she would then be wearing the same thing? or maybe she did meet them all on the same day but changed each time beforehand just for the cameras? hmm that was strange imo lol

They also didnt show everyones childhood home and/or memories

Yeah I notice things like that hahaha

Call me Mr. Observant lol 

Sherlock-Holmes.gif

Edited by STRIDER1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Enough of Dr. Viv wearing stripper nipple tassels as earrings and necklace accessories 

JamieO and Danielle did it a couple of seasons ago....

It was time to get her out of the pink rumba dress.  I think we only saw it once this time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Matt :  I was a chubby kid,  mumble mumble

Amber : what did your sister call u?

Matt : we wont go there, more mumble mumble

SH-Figuarts-Ghostbusters-Stay-Puft-Marshmallow-Man-2.jpg

Just call me matt the marshmallow mumbler . . .

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, Kricky17 said:

I can’t stand her. She doesn’t know how to be a decent human. She thinks everything is about her. It’s no wonder he gets mad at her, she’s rude and obnoxious. 

I can’t stand her either. She’s very disrespectful and then gets upset when she is put in her place.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Elizabete said:

Yes! Big Red (love it!) can turn it on and off like a maniac. Jaime has his own issues, but living with her would drive anyone batshit cray. Dr. V wasn’t in their apartment five minutes before she had enough of it. The difference being that as a doctor she comes armed with experience to back her up. Jaime just has his own (unknown to us) issues. 

I kept thinking this episode about how Big Red’s father deals with her? How can he fawn all over her when she pulls this nonsense? Did he create this monster? I can guarantee one thing, IF Big Red remarries in the future, that won’t last long either. Daddy will have his baby girl until the day he dies. And she may just be the one that does him in! 

I believe her father created this monster. Let’s remember he paid her registration for her so that it wouldn’t expire and then told Jamie it’s his responsibility now. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, PityFree said:

Keith’s mom is such a beautiful woman. 

Yes, inside and out.  She has beautiful bone structure and I really like her hair.  She has raised a great son.  I loved the way she asked Keith if he was happy and told him that she wants him to be happy.  Imagine if Amber had a relative asking her if she was happy and that her happiness is important to them; Amber might acknowledge she is anxious, stressed and miserable and leave Matt.

• Love 5

It seems to me that Keith is more put off by iris's childish behavior than her virginity!  She thinks shes playful and cute.  I think she looks silly.  He's wanting a mature wife not a silly little girl guarding her virginity!

Is she anorexic?  Her skinny bones are everywhere and I think she's losing more weight as the show goes on!  Compare her face to then and now!  There's a problem there.

Elizabeth is so unladylike in everything she does and Jamie always goes for the juggler!

I can't keep my eyes off of Deonne's neck.  Has she had a huge weight loss prior to the show?

Matt and Amber are sad to watch.  Going through the motions.  He's always been monotone but she was at least hopeful.  That hope seems to have vanished along with the sex!

If any of these couples are together after six months I'll be shocked!

• Love 9

TrailerParkBeth declares she doesn't want to learn from unpleasant experiences...she wants a husband who has her back no matter how stupid, bratty, inconsiderate, embarrassing her behavior...as seen at the NASCAR track...

Jammer expects her to behavior like a functioning adult.... calls her out and she throws a ginormous hissy fit....

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Elizabeth to Jamie (after their discussion with Dr. New Sexologist): "I'm sorry I was so mean to you." 

And they 

Wrong!! You do not tell your wife, "Shut up!!" Jamie is the one who should be apologizing.

So is it what Jamie said or how he said it, because frankly I was yelling at her from my couch to shut the hell up as well.  I get that yelling at your wife to "shut up" is not acceptable but she was ignoring obvious social cues from the group and continued to interrupt the Nascar guy.  If he had been standing right beside her maybe he could have whispered in her ear nicely to please not interrupt but he was standing on the other side of the group and I think he was embarrassed by her.  NOT saying how he handled it was ok by any stretch, just saying that I kind of get why he reacted in that way.  They both go from 0 to 60 pretty fast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
28 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I can't keep my eyes off of Deonne's neck.  Has she had a huge weight loss prior to the show?

If any of these couples are together after six months I'll be shocked!

I noticed Deonna's neck too and wondered but seeing her family, all the females have that neck so it is just a trait of their family.

And I agree completely with your last statement - all these couples are ridiculous this season. It's like this year they purposely tried to match people they knew wouldn't make it. Elizabeth and Jamie are both hot heads and that is never a good combo. Keith is laid back while Iris is so uptight she has different sinks for different washes and you can't get on the bed in clothes that touched the air outside! The teacher and the moron = the clinically needy vs the globe trotter who is never home. And Deonna and [can't remember his name] are a stand offish and very private woman paired with an open and super affectionate man. None of them make any sense unless 1. the "experts" are utterly terrible at their professions, 2. psychology profession in general is a joke, or 3. they purposely chose to have a season of train wrecks.

• Love 6

Amber's hair looks the way it does because she doesn't style it.  She just shakes it out and goes.

Not necessarily. I don’t style mine - I brush it and go. Yet I have thick, healthy and soft hair. Either her hair was literally wet or she just has bad hair and HAS TO style it or both..

I have to wonder if those "situationships" were by choice on her part or did she just give up and accept less than "the whole enchilada"?  In either case what kept her from continuing to look for more than what I would call "affairs"?  To me, "situationship" makes them sound more legitimate than they probably really were. 

I have known a few people that have gone through divorce.  A lot of them went a little crazy with the hook-ups and "situationships" afterward, but that period tends to last only about a year or so.  Definitely not an entire DECADE.

That Deonna had situationships means that she had needs like everyone and had a sex life. It's my understanding that a situationship is not defined as a relationship that one gets into believing that it will turn into a monogamous, steady thing, but more in the category of a friends with benefits situation. That she was willing to get involved in those types of relationships makes it weirder that she won't sleep with Greg. I could understand better if she did not want to open her heart and go all in out of whatever fear her teen boyfriend put into her about break ups, but she did not swear off sex after that juvenile romance so it's just strange to me. In the show she seems to be equating sex with a long term, all in, totally serious relationship, but her situationship involvement doesn't say that that is her definition at all. Not sure if I'm making sense. It's early and I have so much crap to do.

8 hours ago, topanga said:

Thank you. Yes, Iris is a twit. But Keith is just as bad for not communicating with her. Why didn’t he say, “That really wasn’t a secret.” She thinks she told him something heartfelt. Keith obviously didn’t, but rather than saying that, he said goodnight. How is that helping? And why didn’t he share a secret himself? I don’t think he makes himself vulnerable to Iris, either. 

Matt said he doesn’t like Amber’s personality. Damn, that’s harsh. But IMO, it’s better than saying she’s doing something wrong that’s making him feel the way he does. Amber is who she is. I do think she’d benefit from lots of therapy, but she shouldn’t have to apologize for being alive.

Exactly. This is why I think the Iris/Keith pairing was a farce. Why they thought that Iris's virginity would make compelling television is a mystery to me. I think after it become known that Keith was recruited for the show, they backed off on the promotion of his "music career" and instead turned the focus to vinyl and showing a record player behind him in many THs to show that he's really into music. Had they shown him performing or whatever, people would have screamed even more loudly that this coupling was nothing more than a publicity thing.

I missed Matt saying that he doesn't like Amber's personality. Was that on Unfiltered? On the show he is a wimp with his, "I think we're on the right track," cardboard comments with zero depth or content. Another one that does not simply say what is on his mind. Newsflash: You can tell another person what they are doing that you do not like without bloodletting or insults. So why the fuck don't you do that? I'm looking at Keith here too. 

7 hours ago, Bees52 said:

Not sure if Elizabeth is an emotional wreck or not, (or maybe I'm just jaded)  but I don't quite get all the tears she shed over a nearly empty lot. Jamie didn't look like he sympathized all that much either but then he said the right comforting and reassuring words to her.

Maybe that's what is scary about him...he says the most accurate things, that can help at times, but usually to hurt. 

Elizabeth seriously has something wrong with her. That over the top blubbering at the nearly empty lot was just bizarre. She is totally unstable.

6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Greg should have just shut up and let her talk. Just because he asked her to name differences doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be negative.

I found Matt’s comments on Unfiltered very telling. He said they operate on different frequencies. She is too emotionally exhausting. I find her weirdly low key but super intense. He probably would have been better with someone more independent and less needy (and who brushes their hair). Either way, neither should have been picked for this show.

I thought Greg was being a real jerk with that interrupting kind of thing and it seems just the kind of thing that would shut someone like Deonna down immediately, as it did. Good for her. He should want to hear what her negatives are because it is only on hearing those things-- spoken in a gentle way-- that you have the tools to internally decide whether or not this is a match for you. Guessing and assuming or worse, doing something that drives the other person insane but they don't say anything will only result in anger later. See Jamie and Elizabeth for prime example of this.

31 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

So is it what Jamie said or how he said it, because frankly I was yelling at her from my couch to shut the hell up as well.  I get that yelling at your wife to "shut up" is not acceptable but she was ignoring obvious social cues from the group and continued to interrupt the Nascar guy.  If he had been standing right beside her maybe he could have whispered in her ear nicely to please not interrupt but he was standing on the other side of the group and I think he was embarrassed by her.  NOT saying how he handled it was ok by any stretch, just saying that I kind of get why he reacted in that way.  They both go from 0 to 60 pretty fast.

Elizabeth was so rude and inconsiderate at the NASCAR track. Once again, she was making things all about her. She wanted the attention for herself and tried to wrestle it away from the guide they had. She wanted to be the star of the show there. That is nuts but such is Elizabeth. I can't really blame Jamie for telling her to shut up but boy that must have been embarrassing for her. She even tried to pull the others in by saying something like, "See? This is how he treats me all the time." And then later, she tries to pull people in to go against Jamie by saying that she could tell them all this cool stuff-- and be the center of attention-- but they will miss out now because she was "told to shut up." These two seriously need to part ways for good. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

IRONIC Matt talking about respect. That's RICH! 😂😂 Yet nobody had the balls to check Jamie, just judge. SPINELESS. USELESS. That was the perfect opportunity for the other couples to help them, but no. They just tried to ignore the dysfunction. Sickening

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nr65000 said:

They both go from 0 to 60 pretty fast.

Yup.  That pretty much describes them in a nutshell.

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris is a dry dry husk of a woman....zero capacity for anything sensual.

Aaaannnnd that pretty much describes Iris.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Not necessarily. I don’t style mine - I brush it and go. Yet I have thick, healthy and soft hair. Either her hair was literally wet or she just has bad hair and HAS TO style it or both..

I know I'm in the minority, but Amber's hair doesn't bother me. It's a little shiny, but maybe that's just the way her hair is. 

Then again, I know nothing about styling hair. I have Sisterlocks so that I won't have to worry about styling it.  But yes, I do wash my hair. LOL

Edited by topanga
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Jamie's not going to be a part of a marriage where it's okay to act like that?? What a JOKE!! He needs to take a serious, HARD look in the mirror. Nobody would want to be in a marriage with a disrespectful partner, always pointing the finger. Where's HIS effin accountability?!?!

• Love 6

All of the women this season annoy me for various reasons. Keith's mom is the clear MVP. What a beautiful, thoughtful and articulate woman. She is miles ahead of any of the quack experts.

Jamie gets enraged quickly with Elizabeth but I can't even blame him. I would flip out on her, too. I had a friend who would constantly interrupt and talk over people. It's narcissistic, entitled and rude af. I cut her out of my life and haven't regretted it. Elizabeth really thinks she's special, huh? Bitch, you are basic. Sit down and shut up.

Amber... the less said, the better. Matt has finally figured out that she's desperately using sex as a tether to him and wisely cut her off. She looks utterly defeated. I can't imagine her dating life will improve much after this show. Guys will run from her. She needs therapy and to work on herself a lot.

Iris is lame and her Big Secret proves it. Keith is smart and knows how this show works. He's going to say and do the right, respectful things and maybe even opt to stay married to her on D-Day, but they'll break up the second the cameras are off.

Deonna is mostly okay. I think her whole dating history is suspect but Greg seems happy with her so whatever.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Iris has motivated me to tell my SO my deep dark secret:  When I was about seven, I dropped my dime in the toilet.  I reached down and pulled that sucker out and washed it and my hands.  Nobody ever knew.

Iris is out here touching lives😂

I honestly thought she was going to reveal something like vaginismus or sexual abuse or possibly both. I should have known better because she wears her virginity like a badge of honor that she chose, not like something stemming from a bad experience. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ohhhh Keith. This is how a laid back personality is bad, unless they cut where he challenges her. He's just taking what she's giving & telling the camera it's not good enough, she's immature. TELL HER. CHALLENGE HER to give you more!! Put. In. The. Work!! Interesting the perspectives on her secret. 😂 I guess that's what he was looking forward to all day since he doesn't know if she makes him happy. Those sex questions are annoying. They should've been more relevant or to consider for the future, now they got an "expert" explaining how to answer/interpret the question. Stupid

• Love 6

So Dr. Viv tells them to visit their childhood homes and all they do is drive up to where they used to live and sit in the car or in a park and talk about it (except for Keith)? How incredibly boring. By the way, my childhood home/childhood life is 1,000 miles away from where I live now. That was a stupid exercise. 

Jamie is a dick but I can relate how he felt at the NASCAR track. My husband talks alot. Sometimes I want to tell him to shut up. I would never do it in front of other people. Sometimes I tell him on the way to where ever we are going that he needs to listen and let other people talk. He never appreciates when I tell him that, lol. Big Reg flipping the table was not acceptable. She has so many deep rooted problems. Did the Dr. even address the table flip or maybe that was edited out? 

• Love 5

I am not sure about other people’s dating status’ on the forum but if anyone’s single and above 25 on here there would probably be a bit more understanding of why Deonna and Amber are the way they are. It’s hard out there. 

Greg pressures Deonna for sex and gets no ire but Amber who just wants to spend time with Matt gets crucified for her bad hair. I’m confused. 

• Love 13

Liz is unstable & immature in an odd way, like she's stunted from something. Jamie is cold & cruel. 

Something was up with that NASCAR lineup - they weren't standing next to each other, why?  So he could tell her to Shut Up so everyone could hear, maybe, allowing for her ensuing tantrum. 

Deonna & Greg's disjointed conversation of interruptions, Iris's embarrassing tragedy of quarter swallowing, Deonna's 'we were mean to each other'  traumatic breakup... yeah, okay.

I see you Show.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

No. Only her mother and the doctor knew of her childhood humiliation, until she so bravely shared it with the world.

Ohhhhh I totally misunderstood what she was saying. Thanks for clearing that up! Iris is such a nerd. 

• LOL 2