Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Secrets of the Past

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Auntie said:

Apparently not without a TV provider. It does say you can watch "some" shows but when I click on MAFS it's making me select a TV provider. All I have is Internet now, no TV.

Philo is 20 bucks a month and has a lot of current shows including MAFS. Only thing missing for me are the housewives. 

• Love 2
Just now, ECM1231 said:

Last year's female half partnered with Will. She was turned off on the honeymoon by Will saying finances should be split 50-50. She kept trying to get him to flip her switch, to no avail.

NOW  I remember! Thanks! 

Elizabeth is a brat, absolutely. But Jamie has zero respect for her. He seems to think he should constantly be admonishing her or correcting her behaviour. These two need to be cancelled.

I’m now strangely worried about their sexual dynamic and whether Red is fully on board. The one month argument on the creepy apartment cam had her running out of the bedroom with a half naked Jamie following her after she asked him to go away. Then he told whichever expert it was that they had sexual things to work on. And then he’s all sex coupon after a toxic outburst. Jamie gives me really bad vibes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
19 minutes ago, Jamilla said:
37 minutes ago, Auntie said:

Apparently not without a TV provider. It does say you can watch "some" shows but when I click on MAFS it's making me select a TV provider. All I have is Internet now, no TV.

Philo is 20 bucks a month and has a lot of current shows including MAFS. Only thing missing for me are the housewives. 

Thanks Jamilla. I'll look into that!!

• Love 1

Beth is so ghetto in this episode! And this is probably me offending most ghettos 

20 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

But Jamie has zero respect for her

Can ANYONE have ANY respect for her?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Can ANYONE have ANY respect for her?

I’m not a fan of Elizabeth’s by any means, but dude keeps saying he loves her and wants to stay with her. He treats her like a sex doll he wants to program. 

And I know this is a poorly over edited show, but he’s not much better than last season’s Luke to me. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 15

Kudos to Iris for checking Matt during unfiltered. I loved her “That’s what marriage is” response to him saying that he sacrificed his time, energy and some other crap he was whining about. Speaking of Iris, swallowing a quarter is not a shameful secret. I feel like there is something troubling that happened to her in her past regarding sex, that she’s just not ready to talk about. Keith if you don’t know if Iris makes you happy, then say that to her face not to your mother behind her back. Matt in my opinion is worse than Luke. At least Luke let Kate know he wasn’t attracted to her, even though he was nasty about it. Matt on the other hand is treating his marriage to Amber like a basketball game. Amber needs to find some self esteem and stop accepting these crumbs from Matt. I think if Matt was matched with either Deonna or Iris, he would have been locked out the first time he decided not to come home for 24 hours without communication.

Jamie and Elizabeth are toxic. They’re both verbally abusive to each other. Jamie might have been out of line telling her to shut up, but I get his frustration in that moment. She was  being extremely rude by talking over their guide. Elizabeth knew she messed up by calling Dr. Viviana a b***** that’s why she back tracked once the tone in Dr. V’s voice changed. Deonna and Greg are still cute and just need to work on their communication skills.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Iris is putting the stiffest piece of whine I have ever seen on Keith.  Loosen the hell up Iris!!! Move that waist!

The girl was as stiff as ah piece ah board.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 3

Jamie and Elizabeth are just a bomb waiting to explode.

This Viviana gal: wtf is that pink thing with the weird sleeve that she wears? People actually think that looks good? Besides that, if we all took a drink when she said y’all tonight, we’d all be passed out.

Greg wasn’t kidding around. He was so irritating interrupting Deonna. That would have made me crazy. 

Iris is an ass. Keith is a wuss for not telling her what he told us in the TH head about immaturity.

Here we go again with Deonna and her high school boyfriend. Seriously? They grew apart at college and it got nasty and that is what made her put walls up for 10 years? Um, okay?

Amber will do absolutely anything to keep her “husband.” She has zero backbone because it’s been overtaken by pure desperation. Forcing yourself to stay home to spend time together but suspend any kind of intimacy must make for some long evenings that are excruciating. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't like Viviana or whatever her name is. She seems officious and dopey.

I like Dr Jessica much better. She quit the show because she got engaged to Jon from last years show. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 2727 said:

Not enough moon water in the world to fix Elizabeth.

She drives me crazy! She just doesn’t understand how to be a decent human. Yes, Jamie does push her buttons, but I think some of her buttons are permanently stuck. I’m still trying to get past her really bizarre relationship with her dad. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, 2727 said:

So, let's say Jamie had put his arm around her and whispered quietly, with affection in his voice, "Hon, let the man talk." I still think Elizabeth would have gone off.

She's proud of "being herself" and "keeping it real" no matter whose feelings she steamrolls. No excuses, no apologies. I'm quirky!

Oh I agree. She’s highly annoying.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

Oh I agree. She’s highly annoying.

I can’t stand her. She doesn’t know how to be a decent human. She thinks everything is about her. It’s no wonder he gets mad at her, she’s rude and obnoxious. 

• Love 15

At the hometown picnic Greg tries to get Deonna to open up more. We learn that when she and her h.s. bf went to college they drifted apart and started to fight more. That's it? That is what caused you to put walls up and not have another relationship for 10 years? I had thought maybe he was physically abusive. I mean I am glad he wasn't but geesh, Deonna.

At age 20 and a junior in college my bf of 3 years proposed and we got engaged. 6 months later we ended it. We just were wanting different things in life. After a few months of moping I got back in the saddle and started dating. I am also a bit shy so it wasn't easy but I think that most folks don't wait 10 years to meet someone new. 

Edited by ECM1231
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22

This season seems so goofy and scripted. The producers have to be really going for the drama.

Very little appears natural between these couples.

The best part of the season was Greg's house with the deck, sun porch and two ovens and we don't even get to see it!! It was just getting good.   Why couldn't they live there?

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Amber’s quivering boohooing emotionality aggravates the heck outta Matt...us too.

Matt gets props for returning home at all.

Iris if you know so much about Matt’s marriage why is Keith ready to bolt out the door?

Iris....Stop auditioning for JamieO’s job....she will never give up Her hosting gig without hair pulling and scratching out eyes....

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

At the hometown picnic Greg tries to get Deonna to open up more. We learn that when she and her h.s. bf went to college they drifted apart and started to fight more. That's it? That is what caused you to put walls up and not have another relationship for 10 years? I had thought maybe he was physically abusive. I mean I am glad he wasn't but geesh, Deonna.

I think both Deonna and Iris were FOS in this episode.  Deonna is not being completely open about what really happened in her one and only relationship.  Not sure if that's because she's not ready to tell Greg or she just doesn't want the rest of the world to know.  But you just know it had to be a LOT worse than that for her to shut down to dating for an entire decade so young.  Besides, she was more open about this in an earlier episode.  She admitted to one of the experts that her one and only relationship was more about sex or mostly about sex.  She left an impression like she let herself go too far with sex and then maybe got dumped.

Iris is FOS about her "secret".  She's another one not being honest or open, maybe because whatever secrets she has she doesn't want to tell the TV audience.  But by the way Keith acts you know she's probably not telling him either.  He is growing more impatient with her by the minute.  What a juvenile "secret"!  Just more evidence of her emotional immaturity.  It's such a turn-off for Keith.  It's hard to believe her mother raised her but we have to admit it.  I don't like to think that because I love her mother, but she has to have some responsibility for Iris coming out like this.

Her "secret" was like me admitting that I reached into the fish tank when I was 3 years old and took out a fish, then left it out too long, and by the time I put it back it was dead.  I never told my parents what I had done.  They just thought it died.  I never forgave myself for that and to this day it's hard for me to tell the story.  Even that is more of a real secret than the childish BS Iris came out with!

Keith is being very open with his mom and with the camera when Iris isn't around....Not a good sign.

Speaking of Iris' Keith's mother, I think she looks like a black Judy Dench.

*  ETA - It's Keith's mom I meant, brain fart, sorry.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 19

I think I've watched too many episodes of Dateline.

The first thing I thought of when Amber and Matt were up on the secluded rock ledge was the numerous Dateline episodes where the husband pushed the wife off the ledge. Yikes! 🤫

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 5

The woman with the short hair is Keith’s mom...the one who blabbed about Iris being a Virginian....

Reddish went half Teresa Giudice with that coffee table....but not a clean flip....

Everyone at the race track wanted you to shut up Beth ..so the racetrack guy could speak...when you yammer on and on you are annoying AF

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Matt isn't afraid of losing chemistry because he doesn't feel any chemistry with Amber.

Matt's body language is the opposite of what he's saying.  His eyes are all over the place and anywhere but on Amber.  And half the time he's not even making much of an effort to deny how he really feels either, especially on "Unfiltered".  I got the impression that although he wasn't really ready for marriage, Amber just about pushed him completely away with her desperate intensity/clinginess/neediness.  Men DETEST that in a woman.  He's not even 100% committed to taking care of himself let alone did he sign on to marry someone that wants to drain him of every ounce of energy he has 24/7.  I got the feeling he was actually relieved that they're not having sex anymore.  He just wants less of her, period.  So there are two sides to this story and it's not all on Matt, although I still think he's a yucky dumb doofus (and remember, you heard it here first).  Amber needs therapy for her abandonment issues because NO MAN is going to put up with her for very long.  I think these two are ultimately doomed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think both Deonna and Iris were FOS in this episode.  Deonna is not being completely open about what really happened in her one and only relationship.  Not sure if that's because she's not ready to tell Greg or she just doesn't want the rest of the world to know.  But you just know it had to be a LOT worse than that for her to shut down to dating for an entire decade so young.  Besides, she was more open about this in an earlier episode.  She admitted to one of the experts that her one and only relationship was more about sex or mostly about sex.  She left an impression like she let herself go too far with sex and then maybe got dumped.

Iris is FOS about her "secret".  She's another one not being honest or open, maybe because whatever secrets she has she doesn't want to tell the TV audience.  But by the way Keith acts you know she's probably not telling him either.  He is growing more impatient with her by the minute.  What a juvenile "secret"!  Just more evidence of her emotional immaturity.  It's such a turn-off for Keith.  It's hard to believe her mother raised her but we have to admit it.  I don't like to think that because I love her mother, but she has to have some responsibility for Iris coming out like this.

Her "secret" was like me admitting that I reached into the fish tank when I was 3 years old and took out a fish, then left it out too long, and by the time I put it back it was dead.  I never told my parents what I had done.  They just thought it died.  I never forgave myself for that and to this day it's hard for me to tell the story.  Even that is more of a real secret than the childish BS Iris came out with!

Speaking of Iris' mother, I think she looks like a black Judy Dench.

Spot on about the Judy Dench comment. Keith's mom is so pretty.

When we first met Deonna she said her h.s. relationship ended approximately 10 years ago and she dated herself for 10 years. Then we learn she had " situationships" ( her word) during those 10 years. So what I gathered from that was that she had met men, slept with them, but they never led to a really satisfying relationship. IE: perhaps the men were using her for sex and she wanted/ hoped for more. Thus the reluctance to jump into sex with Greg but she is slowly letting her walls down. I remain hopeful for them.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Kricky17 said:

She drives me crazy! She just doesn’t understand how to be a decent human. Yes, Jamie does push her buttons, but I think some of her buttons are permanently stuck. I’m still trying to get past her really bizarre relationship with her dad. 

Jamie is involved in a love-hate relationship with Elizabeth and it's never going to get any better.  Dr. Viviana is such a phony acting like there's any hope for these two.  She's just reading from the script.  Watching this couple is revolting.  Elizabeth is a ridiculous self-centered attention seeker, and Jamie is just a nasty narcissist.  He does not respect Elizabeth one bit and yet he claims to "love" her.  This is really sick, twisted love and no therapist unless they have completely sold their professional integrity down the river should EVER try to gloss over that just for a paycheck from a stupid reality TV show.  It's completely unethical.  I can't imagine that she or Pepper have a good reputation at this point among their peers.  But I guess the money is more important to them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
25 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Deonna said the only relationship she was in was with the high school guy. She seemed to clearly distinguish that from the situationships. She implied that while she primarily dated herself for a decade, she "was human" and therefore had at least a couple of situationships that didn't turn into relationships.

As muddy as her explanation was, it's why I don't think she'll actually limit Greg to sex every other month and didn't take her response literally. It's one thing to have sex a few times a year when the only sex you are having is the occasional hookup. It's pretty unusual for a 30 yo woman, who has had at least a few sexual partners to sleep in a bed every night with a man she's attracted to and rarely have sex with him. Either they'll have sex fairly regularly as newlyweds. Or, they'll break up.

9 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

When we first met Deonna she said her h.s. relationship ended approximately 10 years ago and she dated herself for 10 years. Then we learn she had " situationships" ( her word) during those 10 years. So what I gathered from that was that she had met men, slept with them, but they never led to a really satisfying relationship. IE: perhaps the men were using her for sex and she wanted/ hoped for more. Thus the reluctance to jump into sex with Greg but she is slowly letting her walls down. I remain hopeful for them.

That's what I got from what Deonna said, too. The end of the relationship was tough. And, after that relationship she found guys she could have sex with but for whatever reason didn't get into another actual relationship. Therefore, she went on MAFS and is being filmed struggling with navigating her first serious adult relationship. Hopefully, she and Greg will work out. Even if they don't, the experience may be a positive enough growth experience for her that she can find a guy to have a nice actual relationship with off camera within the next year or two.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

At age 20 and a junior in college my bf of 3 years proposed and we got engaged. 6 months later we ended it. We just were wanting different things in life. After a few months of moping I got back in the saddle and started dating. I am also a bit shy so it wasn't easy but I think that most folks don't wait 10 years to meet someone new. 

Sorry to hear this happened to you but you just reminded me of something that happened to my mother.  

When my mom was 20 years old she was in the Women's Army Corps. during WWII stationed in Vermont.  It was there that she met a dashing young officer that swept her off her feet and after several months of working together at the army base, they were married by the chaplain.  Immediately after that her new husband was shipped overseas and a few weeks later the army chaplain found something out that shattered my mother to pieces - It was that the man she had just married was already married and had a family in some Midwestern state.  Needless to say, the marriage was quickly annulled and my mother was so distraught that she left the army for a year just to recover.  Note that many years later I found out through a genealogy site that this man was a "serial marry-er".  I found his family tree online and one of the daughters of one of the women he duped into marrying him told me that he was simultaneously married to my mother, her mother and another woman at the same time.  Wow, right?  Horrible.

Anyway, it should be no surprise that my mother didn't date or have a relationship again for another 2 years and even then she was very picky and careful.  She didn't marry my father until a full 10 years after her first marriage.  I always wondered why my mom was already 30 by the time she married my dad since most other women at that time married in their 20s.  My mom told me this story as a teenager, when she was certain I could handle it.  She was wise to wait.

The point of telling this story is that even the most devastating thing I can imagine happening to my mother still didn't prevent her from looking for a relationship again after a couple of years.  So what is wrong with Deonna?  Or what horrible thing really happened to her that she isn't sharing?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Auntie said:

You can purchase the episodes on Amazon...

• Useful 1