Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Secrets of the Past

• Start Topic

I think Jaime is very physically attracted to Big Red and hates himself for it. Since he looks like Seinfeld...there is an episode where Jerry is spending time with a beautiful women he despises. In some scenes we see his brain playing chess with his manhood to see which one will win out. As a I recall, the beautiful women in that show also had red hair.

If Big Red and Jaime do stay together, I hope she can convince him to go up two sizes on his t-shirts. I am tired of seeing his man boobs being tortured.

I finally figured out why Dr. Viviana’s y’alls were so damn annoying.  It sounded like a prissy uptight person trying their best to sound approachable and down to earth. Her speech pattern sounded as natural as a malfunctioning robot.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

If anyone saw the actual previews for next week (I HATE that they go right into that stupid new show without even a commercial!), can you please share? Thanks! Even though we know that the teases are usually no indication of what actually happens, I would be interested in hearing about them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

They were all adorable.  Ashley’s hair is dark and cut into a short bob - her chemistry with Anthony is so natural.  Keith and Christine are affectionate - her face got fuller but I don’t think she is pregnant.  Danielle showed more personality and Bobby is still his sweet self.  And of course you have Jamie and Doug - who are same old same old.  They did a top 8 countdown of most interesting first meets at the altar.   Apparently they’ll be back next Thursday night doing more critiquing but with a new countdown topic.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I figured Greg would go all out for Deonna's birthday. He's the shining star of this season (along with poor, virgin-saddled Keith).

Unpopular opinion here, but I cannot agree at all.  Keith has checked out and is simply playing a no-resistance approach.  To be the shining star, as I do believe Greg is, you have to be actively participating in trying to make the marriage better.  Keith is not doing that at all...he is simply being chill and going-along-to-get-along to look like a nice good guy until payday.  I actually agree with him doing that...he is in a no-win situation with Iris' prized virginity.  But he is not trying to make the marriage better.  If he were, he would have expressed his true feelings to her about her 'secret' answer, and he would have had conversations with her about their physical and emotional intimacy and how to get from where they are to where they would like to be.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Keith has checked out and is simply playing a no-resistance approach.

I think so, too. Keith and Iris have fallen with a thunk onto my "definitely break up" list. There's such a thing as too respectful, too quiet and too non-confrontational, and that's Keith.

As immature as Iris can be, she's never going to grow or learn in their marriage when Keith always opts for passivity and silence. He doesn't care enough to challenge her.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

You are probably right but this makes me so sad. 😢 Greg deserves to be cherished.

I'm not understanding why Deonna is being portrayed as a withholding iceberg and Greg as a saint.  I love them both.  I also think she really loves him.  She is less comfortable with the cameras, but you can see she is glowing and when she looks at him, it's real.

• Love 22

I like Greg but I think he's trying waaaay too hard, which can be a turnoff for any woman.  That conversation he had with her on the sofa was confusing because he was mumbling even when he wasn't covering his mouth, and I couldn't understand what he was trying to say.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I'm not understanding why Deonna is being portrayed as a withholding iceberg and Greg as a saint.  I love them both.  I also think she really loves him.  She is less comfortable with the cameras, but you can see she is glowing and when she looks at him, it's real.

I don't get it either but any positive comment made about Deonna is shot down. I've decided to say very little about their relationship here and just express my happiness over them in other places.

38 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Thanks!

Unpopular opinion here, but I cannot agree at all.  Keith has checked out and is simply playing a no-resistance approach.  To be the shining star, as I do believe Greg is, you have to be actively participating in trying to make the marriage better.  Keith is not doing that at all...he is simply being chill and going-along-to-get-along to look like a nice good guy until payday.  I actually agree with him doing that...he is in a no-win situation with Iris' prized virginity.  But he is not trying to make the marriage better.  If he were, he would have expressed his true feelings to her about her 'secret' answer, and he would have had conversations with her about their physical and emotional intimacy and how to get from where they are to where they would like to be.

Okay. I can see where you're coming from. I think Keith is at a crossroads and hasn't checked out yet, but he's considering it. When he told his mother he didn't know if he was happy, that was a sign to me that he isn't. I could see him going either way on decision day. But long term? I'd bet against it unless Iris can make some SERIOUS progress in her overall maturity in the next few days. Doesn't seem likely.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 8

Deonna gave Greg more positive feedback in that, she said something like he was just doing his thing again & she liked it - I think it's a turn on for her to just watch Greg do life well, alone, with her, & with others. My bet is they're doing better than we're allowed to see.

Keith - I agree he's not trying. I also agree with those who say he's not attracted to her immaturity, but I also don't see any chemistry with them. The 'sex' scenes (& I'm stretching for that description here), are cringey. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a guy who really wants this girl & is trying to hold back out of respect for her readiness - he's way too reserved for that. I'm not so sure he's attracted to her at all. Keith is holding back & biding his time until he can leave, & I don't think that will be at decisions because I can see him wanting their real decisions to be between them, privately.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

For me the difference between the 2 couples is that while his behavior reminds me of Luke’s , Beth fight back more 

I was appalled Dr. Viviana encouraged Jamie and Elizabeth to keep working towards some amazing marriage she's apparently (delusioally) imagining. Kate iis explicitly offered support to leave Luke, but I guess because Jamie and Elizabeth both fight back, it's cool with the ecperts for them to continue emotionally abusing each other? I'm sorry, but NO. That is not how this works. That's not how any.of this works.

Jamie, simply put, is cruel to her. He figured out early on what her buttons are, and he pushes them, on purpose, every time.  He also doesn't seem very remorseful for his behavior and clearly is either unwilling or unable to change how he interacts with her.

Elizabeth's behavior almost leaves me speechless. Not talking over the instructor in that situation had nothing to do with reading a room, by the way, and everything to do with basic manners that most young children have already.learned.  Thinking anybody gave two fucks about what she was saying, that's failure to read a room. Unfortunately for Elizabeth, the idea she might not be the most interesting, important thing happening nevet seems to even enter her consciousness  - a pattern which is reinforced to this day by her daddy, much to her detriment. And the way she talks?  Ignorant and trashy. When we saw the empty lot where her childhood home used to be, all I could think was, "You can take the girl outta the trailer, but in this case, at least, you can't take the trailer outta the girl."  

Guessing Amber didn't watch Trey and Vanessa's season. Trey cut Vanessa off sexually at about this same point in the process... and we all knoe how well that worked out....

Still Team Deonna and Greg. Convinced they are going to stay married. Happily so, in fact.

And one last thing... Amber's sad desperation has absolutely nothing to do with her bad hair. She just needs to.lose the product already. I thought that wet scrunchy look went out ages ago, anyway?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

I think so, too. Keith and Iris have fallen with a thunk onto my "definitely break up" list. There's such a thing as too respectful, too quiet and too non-confrontational, and that's Keith.

As immature as Iris can be, she's never going to grow or learn in their marriage when Keith always opts for passivity and silence. He doesn't care enough to challenge her.

Yes, I like Keith but I don’t think he is really into Iris in any real way.  It was so stupid for Iris to come on this show. In the future, they should have a no virgin rule.

Its kinda like no one wants a spouse who is s jealous maniac but you also do not want a spouse  whose good with you sleeping with other guys. The former is dangerous and the latter usually means the guy just does not care about you.

Iris’s immaturity (not her virginity) has become an obstacle that is keeping them from developing any real emotional intimacy. She is just not on his level and he is getting less interested by the day to crack that nut.

My grandma has sexier dance moves than Iris. She looked like Steve Urkel on the dance floor.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Predictions:

Jamie: No, BigRed: No
Keith: No, Iris: Yes
Greg: No, Deonna: Yes
Matt: No, Amber 50/50: Yes (we need a few more shows to tell.  I'd hope for a No)

Jamie Yes Red Yes

Keith No Iris Yes

Greg Yes Deonna Yes

Matt Yes Amber Yes

Edited by karenbrady
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Hmmmm well....from what I have seen in past MAFS, most of the people dont play games with their spouse when they actually like and feel attraction to them. Because not only is she apparantly restraining from regular sex, she also seems to restrain from reciprocating affection to Greg the way he has been showing her. These situations tend to be FAR simpler than people reason. TBH I dont think he is her type. And I dont like the way Greg is handling all of this, he acts like a chump to me, just vying for any crumb she throws at him. 

Deonna could have been any woman... Greg is desperate in my opinion.  I think they suck together while everyone else here seems to think they hang the moon and stars..lol. 

Edited by karenbrady
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 1:06 AM, Elizabete said:

I am so distracted by her hair. I just cannot figure out what’s going on with it. She’s a super cute woman, but her hair. Did her twin have the same hair? 

I just DO NOT understand what is going on with it.  I am super distracted by it, too.  Is it wet all the damn time?  Is it greasy?  WTF?  And she never styles it, it just lays there all wet/greasy and lookin' like actual shit.  It's long enough for a slicked back pony or top knot...damn, do SOMETHING with it.  Like start with a deep, deep wash and go from there.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Jamie O knows she settled for Doug and is too far deep into it to get out without their being major social media fall out. I couldn’t be attracted to a momma’s boy who can’t even find gainful employment half the time and has all those creepy warts on his face. He’s a dud. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I thought initially that Deonna just wasn't attracted to Greg, but maybe I'm wrong and she is attracted to him.  I just can't tell by what I see on tv. 

I don't dislike her.  It's not so much what she says, it's her clipped way of speaking that makes her sound "cold." Then there's that baby voice that she apparently thinks is cute that I find annoying.  Her sister sounds the same way.  Oy.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I don't think Greg is a saint at all. It's nice that he owns a house and a business and is a church going guy, but if he had to go on a television program to find a wife, then something wasn't working for him in the real world. He went to therapy after a toxic relationship and said something like he had been possessive in the past. I'm not sure if he was involved in a relationship post-therapy or if this is the first one, but it's just odd. Here he is with Deonna, a person that strikes me as unfriendly, brash and cutting in tone of voice to him. To me, there is an immaturity to her that is extremely unattractive. She has sex with him on his birthday and then shuts down. He gets confused and asks why and they have a conversation that had very little in terms of content. Yet, when asked by the experts, he says he is so happy that they matched them and things are great and whatever. So either these two are completely different people off camera or Greg is a graduate of Matt school of pretending for the cameras that everything is peachy keen. We just don't know.

It appears that Greg can easily afford to be picky but is willing to tolerate Deonna's stunted growth. I can't help but wonder why when there are many fish in the sea that don't come with so much attitude and baggage. Why did Greg need this show? Were the women he was meeting locally not up to his standards? In what way did were they not good enough that Deonna fills for him? She bought him a cookie from the supermarket for his birthday. She tells him words that he is not allowed to use because she doesn't like them. She doesn't do high fives. I mean, I just don't get where the appeal is there. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

The Couple's Couch was terrible.

I popped in but then right out after I heard JamieO say the couples were "lucky to have Dr. V" - SMDH she already had the gig but probably trying to score more & stay in this franchise as long as it lasts & beyond.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I don't think Greg is a saint at all. It's nice that he owns a house and a business and is a church going guy, but if he had to go on a television program to find a wife, then something wasn't working for him in the real world. He went to therapy after a toxic relationship and said something like he had been possessive in the past. I'm not sure if he was involved in a relationship post-therapy or if this is the first one, but it's just odd. Here he is with Deonna, a person that strikes me as unfriendly, brash and cutting in tone of voice to him. To me, there is an immaturity to her that is extremely unattractive. She has sex with him on his birthday and then shuts down. He gets confused and asks why and they have a conversation that had very little in terms of content. Yet, when asked by the experts, he says he is so happy that they matched them and things are great and whatever. So either these two are completely different people off camera or Greg is a graduate of Matt school of pretending for the cameras that everything is peachy keen. We just don't know.

It appears that Greg can easily afford to be picky but is willing to tolerate Deonna's stunted growth. I can't help but wonder why when there are many fish in the sea that don't come with so much attitude and baggage. Why did Greg need this show? Were the women he was meeting locally not up to his standards? In what way did were they not good enough that Deonna fills for him? She bought him a cookie from the supermarket for his birthday. She tells him words that he is not allowed to use because she doesn't like them. She doesn't do high fives. I mean, I just don't get where the appeal is there. 

Greg's problem is that he acts too needy with women, I can already tell. He may be a great catch on paper, but I think once women catch onto his beta behavior they lose attraction. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Greg's problem is that he acts too needy with women, I can already tell. He may be a great catch on paper, but I think once women catch onto his beta behavior they lose attraction. 

I agree.  For example, I remember that spread he had for her in the honeymoon room.  The rose petals on the bed were a bit much, straight out of a cheesy rom com but I gave him a pass on that, lol.  However, the lights in the bathroom was just too much.  He does come across as needy and trying too hard.  Maybe he and Amber should have been matched up.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/22/2019 at 5:25 PM, Empress1 said:

I have a colleague with red hair (lighter than Beth's, although obviously Beth's isn't her natural color) and she looks good in lavender too - and she knows it, because a lot of her wardrobe is that color. I feel like I read somewhere that redheads in purple is a good combination.

I wear purple all the time. It's ridiculous how many purple tops I have. It was the lipstick I never thought I could pull off. 

What does anyone think the odds are Keith will go the entire 8 weeks without sex and still say yes on decision day? This should be a wager in Vegas. Who thinks they secretly are having sex? I wonder if he thinks if they both say yes that he gets laid that night?

If they both say yes he better have another think coming. I'm not sure if anything is going to make her think someone is worthy of this high honor. She identifies with being a virgin. Once gone always gone. I assume if someone knew other wise they'd of ratted her out by now.

I don't think anyone would have objected if she held out for a week or so and on a special night of closeness they consummated the marriage. Iris he will never be more worthy...you are married.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Jamie Yes Red Yes

Keith No Iris Yes

Greg Yes Deonna Yes

Matt Yes Amber Yes

Moobs - No , Big Red - No

Chill man - No , Lemonade - Yes

Wall climber - No , Ice princess - Yes

Mumble man - No , Barnacle clinger - Yes

Yep you read it right, 0 for 4 is my prediction for D-Day

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I see a person who looks uncomfortable with the cameras and am hoping that she is more affectionate with Greg off-camera. However, she can be quite snippy with him ON camera and for sure is not very affectionate with him ON camera at all. That's the only thing I can go by as I am not privy to what goes on off camera. For all we know she's jumping his bones every night but we don't get to see it. I do see that she CAN be playful with him at times like when they were bowling and they do have a nice back and forth easy banter, which gives me hope that their marriage will succeed. But other times, on camera, we see her very curt with him. Maybe I am not expressing myself well and others could explain more succinctly, but most of the time she doesn't seem to treat him very well on camera. JMHO

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

don't dislike her.  It's not so much what she says, it's her clipped way of speaking that makes her sound "cold.

YES! Thank you! I was explaining badly before what it was that bugged me about her. I kept saying the curt manner in which she speaks to him. Sometimes she sounds like she is scolding him and often comes off like she thinks she is too good for him. I do think there is hope and I do think they will stay together but I just wish she'd warm up to him. Maybe he comes off as so desperate b/c she's not even giving him any inclination (off camera) how she feels about him in the least.  For the record, I don't dislike Deonna at all but mostly don't understand her and her walls.

• Love 5

I agree with many of you who think that Keith will call it quits on Decision Day and Iris will be totally shocked! She has no idea that he has checked out and she thinks she is doing a great job of being open and flexible. She will be blindsided.

Amber, at least, knows Matt isn't husband material (at least not HER husband). So she may say she wants to stay, but he will bail and she won't be devastated - just disappointed.

I still think both Greg and Deonna will say yes.

I have a feeling that both Jamie and Big Red may say yes, but it won't last. For some reason, they seem to think that they have to make this marriage work.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think Jaime is very physically attracted to Big Red and hates himself for it. Since he looks like Seinfeld...there is an episode where Jerry is spending time with a beautiful women he despises. In some scenes we see his brain playing chess with his manhood to see which one will win out. As a I recall, the beautiful women in that show also had red hair.

If Big Red and Jaime do stay together, I hope she can convince him to go up two sizes on his t-shirts. I am tired of seeing his man boobs being tortured.

I finally figured out why Dr. Viviana’s y’alls were so damn annoying.  It sounded like a prissy uptight person trying their best to sound approachable and down to earth. Her speech pattern sounded as natural as a malfunctioning robot.

She is probably going to die when she plays it back and realizes how times she uttered that phrase. She's very energetic camera loves her but enough with the y'alls.

One month in the gym would help...but I think they should quit now. I think the only way those two could ever become married is at first sight because upon second and third site they'd strike out...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, LuvMyShows said:

would have been sooo easy for one of the guys, or even one of the other girls, to say something casual to Jamie, like, "Not cool, bro.

They were probably grateful he got her to shit up! I would have been if I were there. I don’t care how rude he is to her...not my problem. Get the damn b**ch to shut up

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I'm as sick of hearing about those walls as I am hearing about Iris's virginity.  

Virgin walls. 😒

Oh yes I am too, as are probably the other 99% of the MAFS posters hahaha

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

See no BS, hear no BS, speak no BS lol

Now if only lemonade and frozen heart will adhere to those rules permanently, we wont ever have to endure anymore of that relentless ear and mind stabbing torture

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 1

Elizabeth and Jamie remind me of a cat and dog story!  Jaime, the cat lures Elizabeth, the dog into temptation by pushing her buttons!

While Elizabeth is reprimanded for her inflamed reactions Jaime is quietly licking his lips!  He loves when Elizabeth makes an ass of herself in front of others.  It rises him up!  

He gets a real high from her shenanigans!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Deonna could have been any woman... Greg is desperate in my opinion. 

Didn't he mention that he was engaged to the woman from the four year toxic relationship? So, in his mid/late twenties he was ready to settle down with a woman he tried to control. They broke up and he was single for two years. Now he's approaching his mid-thirties and said something along the lines of he was on the show because he wanted love at any cost. So maybe he is desperate. Maybe any woman who is short enough, with an attractive enough smile and eyes will do. 

5 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Here he is with Deonna, a person that strikes me as unfriendly, brash and cutting in tone of voice to him. To me, there is an immaturity to her that is extremely unattractive. She has sex with him on his birthday and then shuts down. He gets confused and asks why and they have a conversation that had very little in terms of content. Yet, when asked by the experts, he says he is so happy that they matched them and things are great and whatever. So either these two are completely different people off camera or Greg is a graduate of Matt school of pretending for the cameras that everything is peachy keen. We just don't know.

Yep, we don't know. Greg seems fairly sincere when he says he's happy he was matched with Deonna though. Maybe Greg is trying to convince himself that Deonna's the one because he hasn't had better results with the millions of other warmer, more communicative, more complimentary, etc. women one might think he could choose. Or maybe he just likes her. Even if others wouldn't. After all, some number of immature, unfriendly, brash, and/or cutting women find men who want to be with them. Anecdotally, I worked with a woman who seemed Deonna-like and is married to a man who seemed Greg-like.  Not sure how it works, but they've been together 20+ years. Of course, what happens with Greg and Deonna is TBD.

• Love 3

Recapping the preview:

Pastor Cal voice over: "Next time on Married At First Sight..."

Cut to all four couples in a cabin. It's raining outside and there's a fire in the fireplace. Greg, Deonna, and Elizabeth are looking out the window. Greg says, "Oh, there's a bear!" Big "Ahh" from Elizabeth. Bear is casually strolling down the road. Elizabeth is very excited to see it.

Pastor Cal: "With less than two weeks until Decision Day, our couples are set to embark on a final couples' getaway." Various split screens of the couples in various activities, including toasting with some type of frosty looking drink.

Cut to Jamie entering a room entirely made of salt blocks/rocks Man says: "Welcome, this is all salt." Jamie, "Wow". (I have to say, it looks pretty cool).

Cut to Elizabeth on couch back at apartment, "I'm just so excited to go to the mountains...."

Cut back to salt cave, Jamie and Elizabeth are lying on a bed? air mattress? and they have their eyes closed and are rubbing their hands together (looks some of Elizabeth's woo-woo). Elizabeth voice over continues: "...cause I think there's magic in the woods."

Man in salt cave is waving these things over Jamie and Elizabeth - they look like giant double ended wine glasses - while they are lying back on pillows. Elizabeth continues "They have this healing factor ."

Cut to quick clip of them in car exchanging a kiss. Jamie  says something that I can't catch.

Next is Matt talking to Greg, Deonna and Elizabeth, he says, "I wouldn't have been willing to put in all this work, like if I did not have feelings and care about Amber." (He is shaking his head while saying this, bad body language, Matt!) Amber is sitting next to him and gives a little shoulder shrug and smiles. 

Kitchen scene, Elizabeth and Jamie have several bottles of booze in front of them. E says, "Iris, do you want a shot?" Iris: "I'm not drinking it." Keith says, "You need that push sometimes." Iris: "Or what? I don't take peer pressure, I do what I want." She sounds really whiny. Matt and Amber are smiling, like they can't believe Iris. 

E in talking head: "Iris needs to chill out."

Cut to all 4 guys sitting in living room. Matt says: "What do you think Iris would decide right now?" Keith: "I don't know if I'll know that until decision day."

Cut to Iris and Amber outside. Iris: "So not everybody wants to get to know Iris for who she is. Y'all just worried about sex." (Why is Iris referring to herself in the 3rd person?) Amber: "Right." Iris: "Cool. Done."

Iris talking head: "I don't know what person can go through a situation like this, really be broken down every day." (God, Iris, stop being so dramatic.)

Cut to Iris talking to Deonna and Amber: "Decision Day is coming up." Deonna; "We got a week to go. I don't know." (So is it two weeks to go, or one week?)

Cut to Greg: "I messed up. I communicated badly..."

Cut to Elizabeth talking to the girls: "He really has crossed some lines."

Cut to Jamie talking to the guys: "You want to be together. You just like sometimes get burnt out."

Cut to Amber talking to the girls: "Do I just care about Matt? Do I love him? Do I hate him? Like I don't know."

Cut to Matt: "I really haven't even taken the time to stop and say 'Am I happy?'"

Amber: "Cause I like try to be perfect and it's not enough."

Stranger talking to Amber (not sure who this is, friend? relative?) "If someone doesn't see you for what you're worth, then they don't deserve you." Amber is crying and wiping her eyes.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7

About unfiltered...

They took it way easy on the abuser. What a JOKE! They take it easy on everyone, no depth. Pretty pointless.

REALLY Matt?? It's crazy how much people say to the "experts" but not their partner?? INCLUDING YOURSELF!! That is this show!! Everyone does that stupid bs... Tell the cameras, tell the producers, tell the experts, tell EVERYONE BUT THEIR SPOUSE!! It's the dumbest effin thing. Maybe they'll make it "homework" going forward since no one is able to. Might help their success rate. 😂😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/24/2019 at 12:05 AM, gingerandcloves said:

Stranger talking to Amber (not sure who this is, friend? relative?) "If someone doesn't see you for what you're worth, then they don't deserve you." Amber is crying and wiping her eyes.

Raven is talking to Amber! He's her friend that went through the process with her. He's so yum! 😍

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Thanks!

I am so happy to hear this.  I really thought he was enamored with her, but hoping he really isn’t.  Honestly, I want to see her get the boot.  She’s too full of herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

In the preview Amber's friend is named Raven...suspect he is a warlock.

Iris ramps up the Virg drama because she wants to hog the camera from Lizzy who has resorted to coffee table violence to get attention...

It was useless having them all in the Solis Apartments if they weren't going to have each other over for fondue parties, wine o'clock evenings or group hot tub soaks.

Agree that Keith has turned off the engine, stuck it in Neutral and is coasting to the end.....

Matt is so chatty now...

He is talking his way outta Teacher's life...she is all shrugs, wet eyes and sad faces....

Think the Greg talking over Deonna is just their couple shtick...the simultaneous convos that get their points across to no one...

Deonna has a happy happy family...her face lights up when she is with them...will her face ever be that happy when Greg walks into a room...TBD

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

My predictions:

Greg - yes; Deonna - yes

Jamie - yes; Elizabeth - yes

Matt - no; Amber - yes (maybe?)

Keith - no; Iris - yes

I could see all that happening.  Keith is the only one I wonder about saying no because he seems to like many things about her, except when she acts 12.  I don’t think he’s holding out for a check.  I think he’s weighing the two sides of Iris, or seemed to be in recent weeks per the THs/Unfiltered/chat with Cal, and when he’s talked to Iris about his concern and while talking with his mom.  She may have her own reservations but often says she wants to let him know she’s all in.  I don’t know if they’re enough for her to say no at the end of this and agree her answer could be yes.  All the people voluntarily got themselves into this MAFS thing but Decision Day must really be a challenge for some nonetheless.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

It was useless having them all in the Solis Apartments if they weren't going to have each other over for fondue parties, wine o'clock evenings or group hot tub soaks.

IIRC Poseur Cal said interaction of the characters was the reason for the focused location.

Seems that the real reason was to receive something of value so they did not pay as much, or at all, for the characters rental homes.  They may have even received payment from the Silos for all the promotion.  

Production had to be a great deal easier when a lot of the camera crew's work was in the same location, the camera crew could even be housed at the Silo.

Useless to us, useful to production.

Edited by Liberty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Okay... let's all suppose Iris has penetrating sex....and no longer considers herself  Air quotes "a virginny"

She will still be making Ms. Ick faces and over dramatically reacting to anything she thinks is sexually distasteful or out of her perceived comfort zone...like Keith's fave doggie-cise

Plus she will be more insufferable... bellowing about the act that ended her era of Air quotes "purity" (o brother) and will be an instantly more irritating in her THs weeping about the loss of her identity....

Iris may be more tolerable staying in her present state of no hot dog thrown down her hallway....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

My predictions:

Greg - yes; Deonna - yes

Jamie - yes; Elizabeth - yes

Matt - no; Amber - yes (maybe?)

Keith - no; Iris - yes

Taking into consideration that the "experts" usually ask the most 'biddable' one to choose first, I'm going with:

Greg -yes; Deonna - Probably yes -but it depends on whether she thinks Greg's been 'good'.

Jamie -yes, because she's the "best he can get"; Elizabeth -it depends on her mood.

Amber - yes; Matt - no.

Iris -yes; Keith -probably no, unless something really changes in their sexual situation.  

• Love 4

It makes me crazy how Amber gets so nervous when she talks to Matt.  Her voice gets shaky, she talks really fast, and the constant nervous laugh/chortle makes my head hurt.  I am no fan of Matt's for all the reasons stated here, but I felt terrible for him when they were at his childhood home and she nervously laughed and giggled through what was obviously a painful memory of his sister's fat-shaming bullying. 

"Hahaha I love it! Hahahahah!" 

Amber didn't hear a damn word he said.  She was so stupidly excited they were having an actual conversation that she didn't even listen to what he was saying or how shitty he was feeling.  Her response was immature and inappropriate.  Matt's "what the fuck" look on his face after she said that was sad.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8

Since Keith had all those condoms in his bedroom drawer Iris must be like having a teeny bopper in his bed.  He's embrassed and doesn't want to touch her.

He needs a real woman to light his fire.  Iris virginity scares him and makes him limp!

I'm really worried about Iris skin and bones.  I hope somebody is watching and will do something for the poor girl.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, LuvMyShows said:

[Keith] is not trying to make the marriage better.  If he were, he would have expressed his true feelings to her about her 'secret' answer, and he would have had conversations with her about their physical and emotional intimacy and how to get from where they are to where they would like to be.

This is exactly how I feel about Deonna. I might be the unpopular one but I have to wonder about his whole "walls" thing. So she was hurt by her teen boyfriend. I don't buy the we broke up when we went to college and it got nasty tripe either. I'm sorry, if the result of that sort of break up stunted your growth for 10 years, then you're not an adult. And she worked on herself (babe) by doing the situationship thing for 10 years. And then gets married blindly on television. Her inability to be in a grown up relationship shows. 

Anyway, so are we supposed to believe that Deonna is this warm, wonderful, soft, emotional woman who will light up and tingle when Greg walks into a room if only she removes these walls that she has? We have seen her personality and attitude on the show and while things may happen off camera, her general way of communicating with Greg and talking down to him is not something that I think vanishes off camera. It's part of who she is. Her general disposition is having to be winning or in the driver's seat having control over whatever is currently happening and calling the shots whether it be bowling or a conversation about their relationship. Meanwhile, she's afraid that Greg will see how she truly is (her words) and not like her. That tells me what we see is her version of "best behavior" at the beginning of a relationship. How's that working for Greg now? You mean there's more? I see a lot not to like now. What's hidden?

If her personality is to wall herself off and disengage for long periods of time when something upsets her, what does that say when the marriage experiences seriously issues and decisions? If that reaction has been her MO all her life, that does not flip off like a switch. I just can't buy that she is going to wake up one morning and say, "Okay, the walls are down," and suddenly a completely different person will appear.

I am just not getting what Greg is seeing here. It's like opening an Amazon box and taking out your brand new whatever and it's broken and you have to decide whether it is worth the trouble to send it back because then you have to search for another similar item, or frustrate the hell out of yourself trying to figure out what is wrong and fix it.  I'm not objectifying here, just a sort of, kind of analogy.

7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I am so happy to hear this.  I really thought he was enamored with her, but hoping he really isn’t.  Honestly, I want to see her get the boot.  She’s too full of herself.

I think they hit it out of the park show-wise with this faux pairing for Keith. He can come across as this amazing guy who was just so tolerant and patient and the poor thing was paired with a totally immature woman. Iris, on the other hand, comes across as a fool. I'm sure Keith's mailbox-- in addition to Greg's-- is full of potential mates. 

• Love 13