Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Pack Your Bags

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, DanaMB said:

Amazingly, no. But the messages were eye-roll inducing. I can see dumb women desperate for love falling for it. 

I don't have a romantic bone in my entire body so I'd be eye rolling right there with you ("What's up with all these emojis? Are your fingers too tired to type?"); however, I do know women who grew up with way too much Disney who would proclaim it romantic and be as willfully ignorant as Rebecca chooses to be.  (This would include Sister Persnickety and Stepdaughter Persnickety, whom I keep at arm's length because I'm afraid whatever delusional disorder they have might be contagious.)  

I can't believe with her purported PI career that Rebecca never ran a background check on Zied.  I think she might have just been afraid of what she'd find.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 8/13/2019 at 8:40 AM, BluBrd47 said:

That’s exactly what I see her wearing, with a Chanel or LV logo across the chest or patterned across the body.

Which of course will be fake knockoffs. Like the rest of her...

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I don't have a romantic bone in my entire body so I'd be eye rolling right there with you ("What's up with all these emojis? Are your fingers too tired to type?"); however, I do know women who grew up with way too much Disney who would proclaim it romantic and be as willfully ignorant as Rebecca chooses to be.  (This would include Sister Persnickety and Stepdaughter Persnickety, whom I keep at arm's length because I'm afraid whatever delusional disorder they have might be contagious.)  

I can't believe with her purported PI career that Rebecca never ran a background check on Zied.  I think she might have just been afraid of what she'd find.  

Come sit with me and have a drink.  Please potential mate:  TALK TO ME.  No emojis, no snapchat crap, just talking.  I believe Disney is responsible for this I wanna be a princess crap (ducking tomatoes) and.......exhale, Mrs Hanson.   Rebecca was born, roughly, in 1972 so she was on the leading edge of "I wanna be a PRINCESS" line of thinking.

Rebecca never ran a check on Creepy Stalker Voice as she KNEW what she would find.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, Ki-in said:

African wedding? Does Angela not know that Africa is a continent with 54 countries. Different ethnicities within each country or region are going to have different traditions. But I guess it's all the same to her...

No, she doesn't.  If I remember she said Nigeria was a STATE in the COUNTRY of Africa and she wasn't sure what they called these things over there.🙄

8 hours ago, magemaud said:

I can imagine Darcey wearing something like this (and striking the same pose) 

https://watervixenswim.com/product/crystal-swimsuit-bling-bikini/

OMG 

My eyes!!!!   But, yes. Sadly I can see Darcey wearing that. 

• LOL 4

Has it occurred to Angela as to what this baby’s life would be like?  Where will it live? Who will care for it?  Pay for it etc.  Or does she think of it as just a gift she can give Michael to cement their “love” and not a living breathing needy little human being!  So sick!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, milner said:

Has it occurred to Angela as to what this baby’s life would be like?  Where will it live? Who will care for it?  Pay for it etc.  Or does she think of it as just a gift she can give Michael to cement their “love” and not a living breathing needy little human being!  So sick!!

Well, if her daughter is going to tote the baby, she might as well raise it, too.

Edited by Gobi
Mistake
  • LOL 3
13 minutes ago, milner said:

And she will be in her 70s when it graduates high school.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, BoomerRumor said:

Worth noting that men rarely hear the same sentiment...

Plus like women, the later in life a man has a child the more likely it is that the child will have medical issues.  Let’s call it stale sperm.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, milner said:

No because she is an idiot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Spike said:

And she will be in her 70s when it graduates high school.

Lol...are you forgetting who the Mother or err egg donor is???   More like her 80s IF said child doesn't drop out first!

19 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

No because she is an idiot. 

She hasn't thought past totin' it

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

Lol...are you forgetting who the Mother or err egg donor is???   More like her 80s IF said child doesn't drop out first!

She hasn't thought past totin' it

It seems like a lot of people don't. 

• Love 7
On 8/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, RealReality said:

Well, I mean Darcy was so "cool" about tom asking to see her boozy friend's tits and she is really NOT going to act desperate this time so he will for sure propose on the spot.  

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I didn't think Tom's asking to see Darcy's friend's cleavage--that's what he asked to see, not her tits--was so awful.  And I don't know why Darcy was so pissy about it.

I thought it was kind of funny, and I was a little surprised that her friend complied, but I wasn't scandalized by it as Darcy seemed to be.  I think my response would have been "Oh fuck you, Tom" or "Let's see what you're packing first."

Maybe I just run with a trashier crowd than Darcy does, although that's hard to imagine.

Edited by Mothra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Maybe I just run with a trashier crowd than Darcy does, although that's hard to imagine.

We don’t have to imagine Ashley’s crowd unfortunately.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, milner said:

Didn’t we see a house full of people when we first met Angela?  A bunch of adults and kids? Prolly figures what’s one more if this latest bright idea goes to fruition.  

3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I didn't think Tom's asking to see Darcy's friend's cleavage--that's what he asked to see, not her tits--was so awful.  And I don't know why Darcy was so pissy about it.

I thought it was kind of funny, and I was a little surprised that her friend complied, but I wasn't scandalized by it as Darcy seemed to be.  I think my response would have been "Oh fuck you, Tom" or "Let's see what you're packing first."

OK I hate to broach this but I’m wondering... when Reina flashed her “cleavage” did she free the nipple? I don’t happen to think it was cool either way but it becomes dramatically more uncool if Tom got the full reveal. I couldn’t tell from the shot because obviously they had to keep it clean for TV.

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

OK I hate to broach this but I’m wondering... when Reina flashed her “cleavage” did she free the nipple? I don’t happen to think it was cool either way but it becomes dramatically more uncool if Tom got the full reveal. I couldn’t tell from the shot because obviously they had to keep it clean for TV.

Well, yeah.  A nipple changes everything.  I wouldn't show a nipple.  He asked for cleavage, and I thought that's what she showed him.  But a nipple...  that's just nasty.  But if she had shown a nipple, wouldn't Stacy have mentioned that?  I just thought it was Stacy--who shows anybody who's walking past her on the street--more cleavage than her friend showed to Tom was being a little ingenuous here.

I mean, one time my friend Butch pulled down my bikini top when we were all swimming in the river, and it was funny, it truly was (you had to be there) until Butch realized that all our car keys had been threaded on my bikini top strings and therefore we had no way to get home.  Now *that* was funny.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Well, yeah.  A nipple changes everything.  I wouldn't show a nipple.  He asked for cleavage, and I thought that's what she showed him.  But a nipple...  that's just nasty.  But if she had shown a nipple, wouldn't Stacy have mentioned that?  I just thought it was Stacy--who shows anybody who's walking past her on the street--more cleavage than her friend showed to Tom was being a little ingenuous here.

I mean, one time my friend Butch pulled down my bikini top when we were all swimming in the river, and it was funny, it truly was (you had to be there) until Butch realized that all our car keys had been threaded on my bikini top strings and therefore we had no way to get home.  Now *that* was funny.

Do you mean Darcy ? But you actually broach another good point because I would love to see how Stacy landed her (admittedly kind of hot) Albanian dude. Watching these shows for the secondhand embarrassment is like indulging my love of good horror movies and these twins bring it in droves. I hope Stacy is a subject on a new season. Besides the drama maybe we can see some good footage of Albania. During the Cold War we weren’t really allowed to know anything about it so it would be a good history lesson as well!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2019 at 6:49 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I was cracking up at how she kept saying "tote it". When she was talking about toting it I was whaaaat? 

Ahem - it’s a little known fact that the actual medical term is “tote”.  (No, it isn’t)

Angela is a medical professional, after all.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Ahem - it’s a little known fact that the actual medical term is “tote”.  (No, it isn’t)

Angela is a medical professional, after all.

I will TOTES remember that next time I go to the gynecologist. I have no interest in toting a baby right now, but should the subject come up I will show off my fancy new medical knowledge Ange taught me!! 

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

I will TOTES remember that next time I go to the gynecologist. I have no interest in toting a baby right now, but should the subject come up I will show off my fancy new medical knowledge Ange taught me!! 

Totally!

Maybe TLC could offer a tote bag with Angie’s picture on it, and the quote “I should have done the bj”?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

Do you mean Darcy ? But you actually broach another good point because I would love to see how Stacy landed her (admittedly kind of hot) Albanian dude. Watching these shows for the secondhand embarrassment is like indulging my love of good horror movies and these twins bring it in droves. I hope Stacy is a subject on a new season. Besides the drama maybe we can see some good footage of Albania. During the Cold War we weren’t really allowed to know anything about it so it would be a good history lesson as well!!

Darcy, Stacy, whoever.  She's lucky I don't refer to her as Drascilla.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, DiamondGirl said:

I didn’t know Pnina made swimsuits!

I loathe those Pnina wedding dresses! All with the corset tops, ugh. That bathing suit is especially fug, tacky as hell, screams"I'm never going near any water! "

Exactly what one would expect from Darcy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Gobi said:

Maybe TLC could offer a tote bag with Angie’s picture on it, and the quote “I should have done the bj”?

Concealed Carry tote, of course and The Lord's Prayer on the other side? 

• LOL 9
On 8/15/2019 at 12:16 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Come sit with me and have a drink.  Please potential mate:  TALK TO ME.  No emojis, no snapchat crap, just talking.  I believe Disney is responsible for this I wanna be a princess crap (ducking tomatoes) and.......exhale, Mrs Hanson.   Rebecca was born, roughly, in 1972 so she was on the leading edge of "I wanna be a PRINCESS" line of thinking.

noooooooo!  I was born in 71 and not only have I never seen a Disney movie in my entire life (nope, not one.  or that one.  or any other one you might want to ask about. not one ever.)  and I haven't - nor any of my friends, really - ever fallen into the princess trap.  Only one of my friends has a daughter that grew up with the princess mentality, and once she hit college with 10,000 other girls just like her? She grew RIGHT up out of it. 

The guy I'm seeing watched exactly one episode of this show with me and "You know I work with really stupid, delusional people, right?  Yet I don't think any of them are THIS stupid and shallow. Can we not watch this show again?" hahahahahahaha sorry dude. love me at my worst, etc...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

noooooooo!  I was born in 71 and not only have I never seen a Disney movie in my entire life (nope, not one.  or that one.  or any other one you might want to ask about. not one ever.)  and I haven't - nor any of my friends, really - ever fallen into the princess trap.  Only one of my friends has a daughter that grew up with the princess mentality, and once she hit college with 10,000 other girls just like her? She grew RIGHT up out of it. 

The guy I'm seeing watched exactly one episode of this show with me and "You know I work with really stupid, delusional people, right?  Yet I don't think any of them are THIS stupid and shallow. Can we not watch this show again?" hahahahahahaha sorry dude. love me at my worst, etc...

To this day, I find cruela DeVille the most interesting Disney character.  

I only ever watched old school Disney movies, so maybe the newer disney princesses are more complex.

• Love 1

I feel not one single iota of pity for ceasar.  He knows damn well that he doesn't love her and she doesn't love him.

If she is under the impression that "all Americans are rich" he has done nothing to disabuse her of the notion knowing full well that he is not rich and doesn't make a lot of money.

He is hoping to do the same thing every one of these people do and get "maria" over here under false pretenses and then hold a green card over her head to keep her inline.  

This is why he was so relieved that they $200 ring would fool her.  Because he is more likely to get her to say yes if the ring looks real. 

His friend seems like a nice and legit guy (and I'm not going to make any counter assumptions based on that tee shirt because I don't think it was affliction).  

However, his friend is a good looking guy who drives a Mercedes.  He may be up to his eyeballs in debt, but if "maria" is real and ends up here, she will be throwing herself at that guy for sure. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Zied already has a healthy set of b cups.  He keeps it up he will have colts body in no time. 

So much for the slimming effects of a Mediterranean diet.

• LOL 14
On 8/16/2019 at 5:07 PM, blubld43 said:

I hadn't really paid attention to some of her grammatical errors, what with the glory of DJ Doug and all, but now I can't unhear "Michael and I's wedding!" . 

At least it wasn’t “Michael’s and mine’s wedding”

19 hours ago, RealReality said:

Zied already has a healthy set of b cups.  He keeps it up he will have colts body in no time. 

Seriously I was watching this and the vision of him in the red sweater/jacket/sweatshirt from behind I mean can we talk about love handles? I mean I guess from the scenes of them facetiming I had no clue that he was eating so well.

LOL that comment about the mediterranean diet. 🙂 good one Spike!

• Love 3
On 8/13/2019 at 11:23 AM, Ki-in said:

African wedding? Does Angela not know that Africa is a continent with 54 countries. Different ethnicities within each country or region are going to have different traditions. But I guess it's all the same to her...

Angela's idea of Africa is the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

The Grammar Police in my cringes every time Angela speaks, ever.

I was shocked he knew about roasting a goat.  I hope there was more footage, but Angela:  It is YOUR JOB to know how to throw an African wedding.  Do not leave it up to a stoned guy from the backwoods of Georgia.

If it were up to Angela, throwing an "African" themed wedding would end up being a stereotypical racist mess. So no......its not up to her at all. Michael and Michael alone.

A Nigerian wedding is a traditional ceremony that this woman wouldnt have any idea about nor know where to start....

Angela and a stoned guy from the backwoods would end up with the same results. I dont want to see them having a traditional wedding. I'll throw up.

Edited by SadeO
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2019 at 10:29 AM, RealReality said:

His friend seems like a nice and legit guy (and I'm not going to make any counter assumptions based on that tee shirt because I don't think it was affliction).  

I tried desparately to read it and I think it said something Nutrition? Like some terrible bodybuilder supplement play on Affliction shirts.

• LOL 2
On 8/17/2019 at 12:23 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

I was born in 71 and not only have I never seen a Disney movie in my entire life (nope, not one.  or that one.  or any other one you might want to ask about. not one ever.)  and I haven't - nor any of my friends, really - ever fallen into the princess trap.

You're forgetting ... oh, wait. She was born in 1970. Never mind. 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:32 AM, BoomerRumor said:

Worth noting that men rarely hear the same sentiment...

No, I feel the same way towards men having kids late in life.  Look, I am not about taking any choices away from ANY one, but to have a kid when you are....not 30?  Not 40?  I dunno, unless you are Jack LaLaine and SUPER FIT, it just does not seem fair.  My hubby (my second) was going to get clipped at age 40 (never married, no kids) as he did not want an "oops" baby at age 45, lol.  

The whole Angela wants a baby at age 54 is so stupid!!!  Earn money for retirement, woman, not having a baby!  You are already raising your what, SIX grandkids?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No, I feel the same way towards men having kids late in life.  Look, I am not about taking any choices away from ANY one, but to have a kid when you are....not 30?  Not 40?  I dunno, unless you are Jack LaLaine and SUPER FIT, it just does not seem fair.  My hubby (my second) was going to get clipped at age 40 (never married, no kids) as he did not want an "oops" baby at age 45, lol.  

This is really off topic but I feel exactly the same way.  I get it that having children when you are young is no guarantee that you will be there for them but WHY do you want to guarantee you won't?  I think those really old guys (70's 80's) who have babies are beyond selfish.  If the kid is lucky it might actually make it through high school before their father dies.  That is if the father doesn't succumb to dementia before that so the kid has absolutely no idea who that old guy is.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This is really off topic but I feel exactly the same way.  I get it that having children when you are young is no guarantee that you will be there for them but WHY do you want to guarantee you won't?  I think those really old guys (70's 80's) who have babies are beyond selfish.  If the kid is lucky it might actually make it through high school before their father dies.  That is if the father doesn't succumb to dementia before that so the kid has absolutely no idea who that old guy is.

Nobody wants to say it, apparently, but once you're into your mid-thirties, it's too tiring to be chasing around after a toddler, dealing with sleep deprivation and tantrums, wiping snotty noses when nature intended you to be sitting on the verandah reading a murder mystery and sipping wine until you pass out.  The older wives or fiances of some of the men on this show (see!  right back on topic) don't understand or care that these duties almost always end up on the mother's shoulders; father is pursuing a career, which mother has had to sacrifice in order to stay home and take care of baby--unless there is good, affordable (or family-provided) childcare.  And even when mom is able to go back to work outside the home, who is going to get up at night with baby?  Who will be expected to take time off when baby is sick or needs to go to the doctor?  In the US mothers might have a chance to share these duties, but we're mostly talking about cultures where childcare is traditionally 100% the woman's responsibility, and even if they come to the US, ingrown attitudes (like toenails) are hard to dislodge.  It's extremely selfish imo for men like Michael to suggest that Angela bear his baby.  Even if she just "totes" it, can you imagine how hard pregnancy will be on that body?  She'll even have to stop smoking and drinking.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

Nobody wants to say it, apparently, but once you're into your mid-thirties, it's too tiring to be chasing around after a toddler, dealing with sleep deprivation and tantrums, wiping snotty noses when nature intended you to be sitting on the verandah reading a murder mystery and sipping wine until you pass out,

I will say it!  I was 32 and 34 when I had my kids  - perfect age for me.  (My then hubby was 3 years older than I.)  I am in NO hurry to be a gramma (I am 54 now) and I will tell you:  It is exhausting to run after them (I work with kids, I am the sped teacher.)  Women who offer up free day care 5 days a week must be NUTS or super fit!!!  Bolded part:  Mothra, how did you know my retirement plans?

Back on topic?  Angela - you are crazy, girl!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, Azanscrazyhair said:

I propose we all take a shot when Darcey mentions Jessie or Tom popping the question

I would be on board with that, but I have to be conscious in the mornings because I have one of those, ya know, job thingies.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1