Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Pack Your Bags

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BoomerRumor said:

Apropos Angela toting an egg...which ain't gonna happen as it's too expensive...I think there's some confusion about IVF treatments here. It is *possible* that Angela could get pregnant on her own, hey, I hit menopause at 54 and actually accidentally got preggers at 49. But once the eggs run out, there's no biological baby possibility left in you, which is likely in Angela and most women her age. However, women as old as 63 have given birth to babies created by test-tube embryos implanted in their wombs. It makes no sense for such a non-bio-embryo to be implanted in the daughter's uterus, and I doubt any doctor would allow the daughter to be the egg donor. Also, when I was in college 40 years ago, the going rate for egg donation was $30-35,000. It's got to be far higher now.

I also think Omar is rather charming. Avery may be on to something. She's also the sole person who looked fantastic coming off a long flight, in her hijab.

Something tells me Angela hasn't researched the various ways to have a baby, procure an egg. She hasn't done a consult with her doctor about the viability of any alternatives or how much any of those procedures would cost. Its Angela we are talking about here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don't understand what Angela is talking about when she says they have to work out their issues.  He wants to live as a single man and she doesn't want him to.  I'm not sure where you go from there.  Too much wash, rinse, repeat,.......

• Love 5

2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

MAGA Angela can bite me with her stupidity. I find it interesting that TLC allowed her to put her politics out there.

Shows insert their own politics all the time, so I'm not surprised TLC doesn't care about Angela's opinions.  I've actually stopped watching shows because the writers can't contain themselves from inserting their political agendas into the stories and trying to ram their views down my throat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't understand what Angela is talking about when she says they have to work out their issues.  He wants to live as a single man and she doesn't want him to.  I'm not sure where you go from there.  Too much wash, rinse, repeat,.......

Angela is mostly concerned with women who follow and communicate with Michael over social media. I think the egg baby, in Angela's mind, a baby will fix all their issues. Michael wont talk to women cuz Angela is totin a baby. Sure, Jan. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Did anyone happen to catch Avery pretending to wash her face by splashing some water around (careful not to smear the eye makeup), then proceed to dry her face by smearing her jean jacket over her face?  I did a double take at that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Cammi said:

I don’t think Darcy wants to marry Tom. Someone here said she just wants to keep being on the show. The show IS 90 Day Fiancé afterall and she’s not been proposed to once.... I think she’s just concerned at being called out at this point? The show ain’t International Bachelorette. So she just keeps talking about proposals. Her relationship is as fake as her tatas. Ain’t no real boyfriend gonna ask to see your friends boobs and expect to live to see the light of day! 

It's the strangest thing.

I loathe Darcy and women like her...in real life.

However, on my TV, this idiot is pure gold.  Vain, shallow, delusional, weepy, and totally void of any self-awareness.  

Whether it's fake or not, if she's willing to put herself out there looking like an insipid desperate engagement-hungry fool, I'm all in.  I live for reality moments like the "cut it on the bias," "you ruin everything," "get out of my life," "you never loved me" that this show (particularly Darcy) delivers.  Not to mention the endless fashion faux pas.  

I hope Tom turns out to be an enormous ass.  He seems pretty arrogant and is probably looking for his 15 minutes which means he'll stop at nothing to bring the drama, so this shit could be EPIC.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Mothra said:

The perpetual question for me is what the hell do these people talk about when they're not mooning over how much they love each other? 

I don't think they are talking about anything. My gut is telling me that this relationship, like the one with Jesse, is fake and made for TV in an effort to keep her on the show. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that she trolled dating sites looking for someone to be on the show with her. So what is motivating him? Who knows, 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, suzeecat said:

Did anyone happen to catch Avery pretending to wash her face by splashing some water around (careful not to smear the eye makeup), then proceed to dry her face by smearing her jean jacket over her face?  I did a double take at that. 

WTF?  No, I did not notice that but I did see the Clean & Clear product shot and wondered why they were spending so much time filming her "washing" her face.

• Useful 2
21 minutes ago, Mothra said:

The perpetual question for me is what the hell do these people talk about when they're not mooning over how much they love each other? 

Once they've used up their daily allotment of Babys and You are sooo hot I think they probably just send memes back and forth to each other.  A typical Saturday night, for example, probably goes something like this:

Darcey to Tom:

index.jpg.93494d460ff4a7c642ad2f4e7401eb54.jpg

Tom to Darcey:

vt4x1.jpg.cc2dc8ecb8503e16609dffd89c99dadc.jpg

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't think they are talking about anything. My gut is telling me that this relationship, like the one with Jesse, is fake and made for TV in an effort to keep her on the show. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that she trolled dating sites looking for someone to be on the show with her. So what is motivating him? Who knows, 

I tend to agree with you that she quite possibly trolls international dating sites.

On the other hand, I do believe even if that is what she's up to, she's so delusional that she goes into this shit convinced the man will fall hopelessly head over heels in love with her and she'll come out smelling like a proverbial rose.

And we saw how far that got her with Jesse.  I've no doubt it'll be at least an equally disastrous "relationship" with Tom as it was with Jesse.  

Maybe she'll get shitfaced and run around outside hiding in bushes like she did in Amsterdam.  Only this time the cameras will be rolling.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

DJ Doug had me both feeling offended and laughing outrageously. Both Angela and he are tone deaf as hell. She wants to marry a black man at a the Cotton Patch and his suggestion of how to make the wedding have an African flair is to BBQ a goat?!?!? To top it all off she wants him/them to decorate in an African theme. That sounds like a hate crime in the making. Dude seemed high as a kite too. 

10 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

DJ Doug is both my worst nightmare and my hero.  GD, bruh.  He had some choice snark and things to say that made me laugh, and anyone who can tell MAGA Angela about herself, I appreciate.  But you can see that he was, IMO, barely concealing his disgust at this white woman marrying an African.  That place looked weird. DJ looked weird.  I'll tell you I wouldn't want to be in the Cotton Patch Deliverance at night.  My brown ass is staying away from that, thank you.

3 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I think his bemusement was at anyone marrying the rough road that is Angela.  It’s Georgia - I think he’s accustomed to multi-race marriages.

2 hours ago, essexjan said:

Angela's wedding planner is the MVP of this episode, much as Ludwing was in his segment in 90DF: The Other Way. I would go to any wedding he arranged. I would love to see his interpretation of Deep South meets Nigeria, including fireworks and goats.

I honestly thought his reaction was more "How the HELL am I supposed to know what an "African" wedding reception looks like?  I run a mini golf course in Georgia!"  Most people come in and say "I want this type of food, this décor, and these services."  Angela just came in and said "I want fireworks and an African reception."  I don't think it had anything to do with her marrying a Nigerian, I think he was just reacting to her cluelessness.

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
On 8/11/2019 at 10:13 AM, Mothra said:

My theory is that there is no Maria; "Date Ukrainian Babes" or whatever the website is is a sophisticated money-making machine for Ukrainian trolls who hire young women for voices and maybe other young women for photos.  Once they get the mark to buy $450 flowers, they know they've got a live one, and that mark gets to talk to the babe any time he wants.  But the babe (i.e. the voice) is not paid extra for these impromptu calls (their contract probably covers something like five telephone contacts/week), so of course "Maria" sounded annoyed and eager to get off the phone--that call was on *her* dime, so to speak.  The prime directive is that the mark never, ever gets to meet his "girlfriend" in person--I bet there is no man who signed up for love on that website who has *ever* met his soulmate, ever, and there never will be.

Caesar, with TLC money behind him, may the the fly in the Ukrainian soup.  Let's see if all their excuses about why they can't meet can stand up to Caesar's insane persistence and TLC's backing.  Pass the popcorn.

Ha! I said pretty much the same think about Cesar's love of his life last week on page 3 of last weeks episode forum. My theory on the pictures and videos and who he talks to is a bit different though. Here is the link

Edited by ava111
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I honestly thought his reaction was more "How the HELL am I supposed to know what an "African" wedding reception looks like?  I run a mini golf course in Georgia!"  Most people come in and say "I want this type of food, this décor, and these services."  Angela just came in and said "I want fireworks and an African reception."  I don't think it had anything to do with her marrying a Nigerian, I think he was just reacting to her cluelessness.

Don't forget about the TV screens recapturing their "romance" as the guests enter!  

And then she had the audacity to be taken aback by the estimated ballpark cost.  

That entire scene was all sorts of crazy  😄 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Don't forget about the TV screens recapturing their "romance" as the guests enter!   

You're right - I DID forget about those.  I think he was just trying to come up with a large figure off the top of his head - hoping either she'd go away and never come back, or he'd make a bundle because EVERYTHING (except the goat) would have been an "extra" requiring more money.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Come on.  She EXPLAINED that she doesn't want to seem desperate.  Why are you guys doubting her

When Reina and Tom were discussing whether or not they’d “do” each other Darcey actually encouraged them and said, “Go ahead, I’m not jealous.” 

11 hours ago, iwasish said:

That doesn’t even look like Rebecca. There’s no wart by her nose

She has a special wart filter 

• LOL 6
On 8/9/2019 at 11:28 PM, magemaud said:

“I think Tom’s being a little flirtatious. It bothers me, but I don’t want to show that it upsets me. Don’t want to seem desperate...” 

7AC0C118-C22A-40CD-A37B-D9BD137C8D14.jpeg

Tom’s negotiation skills are about on par with the ones Larissa used to extract that $200 prepaid Visa from Colt and Debbie’s joint account, because I completely missed the “at least” when watching this live. What else was Tom hoping for Reina to flash somewhere I presume food is served?

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Something tells me Angela hasn't researched the various ways to have a baby, procure an egg. She hasn't done a consult with her doctor about the viability of any alternatives or how much any of those procedures would cost. Its Angela we are talking about here. 

Angela seems to know even less about the chances of her and Mahkl procreating successfully than she did last season. Wasn’t she warning him over that dinner of cow hoof about the prospect of babies being unlikely and that it would be prohibitively expensive to even try?

21 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

That entire scene was all sorts of crazy  😄 

TLC really missed an opportunity to promote Angela and Michael’s two-hour “Our Story”.

Can we talk about Timothy, the grown-ass ugly duck who operates under the delusion that he and his weak upper body grew into a swan at some point? Ex-fiancée Veronica (what’s the over/under on how many episodes we’ll be subjected to a visible bra from this woman?) would obviously get back together with him and his noodle arms in a hot second, so I’m assuming he broke up with her. Why does he continue to meet her for barcade dates and going-away parties that desperately need DJ Doug’s event planning expertise? Does he think that this is some type of “The Other Way” deal where instead of the Bucaramanga spouse bringing their obnoxious friend into the relationship, we, the TLC viewers are clamoring to see the female American version of Paola’s bestie Juan? God. I wish Omar the Dentist were a woman so we could have sent Tim to Syria instead.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

From what I've seen he wants the "girlfriend experience" but he is going about it all wrong.  I betcha "maria" mostly sends fully clothed pictures of her doing dumb stuff.....like hanging out with her friends at a cafe.

I've noticed they never talk about anything of substance, it's all "I miss you!" " I love you! "

Somewhere I'm sure that blonde woman exists; she just isn't named Maria, and probably knows nothing about Caesar. I'm agreeing with the poster who said this is all some kind of Ukrainian business/scam, as soon as they get a sucker to pay $400+ for flowers they know they've got a live one.

ETA: Mothra's post!

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

TLC really missed an opportunity to promote Angela and Michael’s two-hour “Our Story”.

I had a new episode alert for 90DF on my DVR....it was the Angela and Michael "our story" shit show.

I deleted it  😄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

I did notice that! I had to rewind because I thought I was imagining it. I'm glad to see that someone else noticed it.

• Love 4

Where to start..

Avery according to my research about travel to Syria, make your funeral arrangements and leave a DNA sample with your doctor.

Darcey you have not changed, you are the furthest thing from a strong woman.  This will end with you crying and stomping off.   And please put your new boobs away.   Please. 

Angela.  Dear Angela Totin' a baby isn't happening for you. You are a hot mess.  If the idea on 8k on a wedding upsets you wait until you find out how much it costs to make this baby you plan on totin'   

Timothy is going to end up a bad smell somewhere.    His ex is a straight up bitch and jealous AF.

Now I'm off the bang my head on my desk

• Love 20
3 hours ago, essexjan said:

Angela's wedding planner is the MVP of this episode, much as Ludwing was in his segment in 90DF: The Other Way. I would go to any wedding he arranged. I would love to see his interpretation of Deep South meets Nigeria, including fireworks and goats.

@essexjan your post needs a heart but also a laugh reaction, especially the above

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So 50's something Angela can "tote" a baby, she just can't "make" a baby? 

But she'll give it the old Georgia try! She'll probably demand frequent Jiggy Jiggy Boom Boom from Michael just in case some little swimmer makes it to her shriveled up egg basket

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, iwasish said:

I’m getting one strange vibe though... he was quick enough to buy her a cz ring “ she’ll never know”. That strikes me as out of character for someone who professes that this woman is the love of his life. Sending her all kinds of cash over the years and yet cheaps  out on the ring. Something off about that. 

To be fair, he didn't buy a CZ ring, but a "manufactured" diamond, which is far far better thing, just not a natural diamond.  You can get a bigger stone via manufactured then natural.  He stated his goal was to get as big a one as he could for her (because ?she'd expect a big stone).

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, toodles said:

My old ass mother wants me to donate an egg and tote the baby for her.  How old is she?  My best guess is sixty something.  Her NIGERIAN boyfriend is around 30. 

Ange claims to be "fittythree" 

• LOL 8
16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

But she'll give it the old Georgia try! She'll probably demand frequent Jiggy Jiggy Boom Boom from Michael just in case some little swimmer makes it to her shriveled up egg basket

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, blubld43 said:

This guy is going to be no better than Jesse. Flirting with her friend, gtfo.

That was way beyond harmless flirting and wandered right into leering, dirty old man territory

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

To be fair, he didn't buy a CZ ring, but a "manufactured" diamond, which is far far better thing, just not a natural diamond.  You can get a bigger stone via manufactured then natural.  He stated his goal was to get as big a one as he could for her (because ?she'd expect a big stone).

I gave a hearty guffaw at how fast that saleswoman snatched that 1 carat ring back when Cesar said his budget was $200

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

I’m only 20 minutes in, but damn, Angela is exhausting to watch- I can’t imagine dealing with her everyday. That fake lazy river venue was certainly... something.  

Also, her granny nips were super distracting. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

I don’t think Darcey and Stacey are living together in that home either. Not a parent but do tweenagers really need that much oversight that Aunt Stacey couldn’t supervise them, see them off to school etc. while Darcey was gone if she was already living with them? Wonder if mama came to take care of them last time Darcey went to Europe. 

I suspect that ALL three generations live in her parents' house, at least for filming although we never see Mom and Dad Silva on camera. I thought she said that her mother was going to be taking care of her daughters during this trip. 

• Love 4
On 8/11/2019 at 1:01 AM, magemaud said:

Speaking of 7th grade, Darcey and Tom’s texts seem to be on that level 

96F44874-9930-4F7D-BE81-54F7BB8FAA4F.jpeg

Now that you mention it, when I tried online dating several years ago, this was pretty much my experience. A barrage of barf inducing texts, but a strong reluctance to talk on the phone and incredibly awkward in-person meetings. Felt like I was on one long, continuous date with Beeker. I think I was the last date these freaks went on before they swore off American women for being too (insert whatever insult). Disclaimer: I’m not saying every man who uses online dating services is a socially stunted weirdo, but the ones I encountered were very much like the people on this show.

• Love 6

Zied has serial killer eyes and his lips just gross me out (I don’t know why- they just look... moist).  It drives me nuts that the ladies always worry that the man will be disappointed. Zied doesn’t look like much of a catch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Now that you mention it, when I tried online dating several years ago, this was pretty much my experience. A barrage of barf inducing texts, but a strong reluctance to talk on the phone and incredibly awkward in-person meetings. Felt like I was on one long, continuous date with Beeker. I think I was the last date these freaks went on before they swore off American women for being too (insert whatever insult). Disclaimer: I’m not saying every man who uses online dating services is a socially stunted weirdo, but the ones I encountered were very much like the people on this show.

Reading this and seeing Darcy's ridiculous texts with Tom above, I'm starting to wonder if there's some app out there specializing in cliched and cavity-inducing sweet nothings to send to your online "love."  

I cannot believe two middle-aged people (Darcy and Tom) text each other crap like that mess above (but I'm glad they do so I can get a giggle!).  

Edited by Persnickety1
Because starting and staring are not the same things.
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

Haha, I knew from Zied’s face-only pictures that he wasn’t exactly svelte either. AH LAHK ZE TATTOOZ AND ZE BOOBZ! What a perfect pair.

Yet they seemed like a fairly good match looks wise.  BUT I wonder if she has always dressed like this or she's one of those women that attempt to dress like every man they date. Oh Zied you like heavy metal, tight jeans and leather jacks?? I LOVE THOSE TOO!!

3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Yea that was weird... especially using her jacket to dry off her face. How does that bathroom not have any towels? 

And what in the world was Veronica wearing at that party???? Lady did you forget you have a daughter?? She was totally wearing that to make Jennifer jealous if any photos were taken or if Tim and Jennifer were still together when this aired. How bizarre.  Not to mention their conversations between the adults.. totally not appropriate with a young girl around. And I'm not prude, but you don't talk about titties and whatever around your child. 

• Love 13
On 8/11/2019 at 1:01 AM, magemaud said:

Speaking of 7th grade, Darcey and Tom’s texts seem to be on that level 

96F44874-9930-4F7D-BE81-54F7BB8FAA4F.jpeg

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

I've read about these, very high quality and virtually indistinguishable from mined diamonds. 

I almost felt sorry for Rebecca, the shirt Zied was wearing clearly showed the difference between what she was selling and what she actually had to work with, smdh. Neither of them is any prize.

Angela and Michael, same. Fix that God awful hair.

My head is spinning from all this head shaking.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

Yes, they do look very nice,  but he only paid $200 so I'm going with CZ, don't care what the sales lady said. Manufactured diamonds cost much more than that. For example, a $5,000 diamond ring would be equal to $1,000 manufactured ring. Still pricey if you are flat ass broke like Ceasar. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2019 at 2:00 PM, Mothra said:

Nah--I think jug ears is when your ears stick out flat from your head (cf. Prince Charles).  This is different and maybe a clinical sign of something (like stupidity):  no folds, like the ones you're supposed to use Q Tips for but no one does everyone knows Q Tips are for digging out ear wax.  So this guy has no excuse whatsoever for buying Q Tips.

I looked it up and my non-professional Dr. Google diagnosis is "cupped ears." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

No Darcy, you haven't changed. Haven't learned anything. Aren't empowered. You're the same 45ish year old 10 year old with lots of mental problems

Wow, Avery in that traveling getup.... she looks exactly like ET.

C'mon.... tell me she don't look like ET, lol

ei33pwn.jpg

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 17
58 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I love this show because it makes online dating tolerable!! (I’m in my 40’s and it’s also hard to meet people in D.C.) I’ve only been on one actual date and I wouldn’t describe the guy as socially awkward but he wanted to move WAY too fast. I’m hoping I’ll have better luck next time but so long as the guy isn’t into “chivalry”, asks me to flash my boobs, etc. I’m good.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Now that you mention it, when I tried online dating several years ago, this was pretty much my experience. A barrage of barf inducing texts,

but a strong reluctance to talk on the phone and incredibly awkward in-person meetings. 

Wow, I had no idea that the "strong reluctance" to talk on the phone was a general theme.  I assumed it was just me.

I won't meet anyone who can't talk to me on the phone. 

I will simply tell them that I wish them the best of luck, but they are far too busy leading an exciting life for us to be a good match if they can't be bothered to have a ten minute phone conversation.  

Some guy kept on telling me that I was being weird and I was like "even if it's weird, the fact that you can't sacrifice like 10 minutes for a phone call that would make me feel more comfortable lets me know that we are not a good fit.  Good luck"

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18