Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Opening Old Wounds

• Start Topic

With her due date fast approaching, Monique calls on Chris for help but is caught off guard by his unexpected reaction; Ashley decides to seek out her roots; Katie and her boyfriend, Jacob, spread some surprising information about Michael.

Airs August 4, 2019.

IMO Candiace's mother is being manipulative (which: duh) about the trust fund. If Candiace has to ask her to access the trust fund, it's no different than any other money her mother might or might not give her. I think people usually put ages on trust - the beneficiary can access them when they're 21, 25, whatever. Candiace is like 32 and has no idea what's in the trust, has to ask for it, and could ostensibly be turned down. That's manipulative on Dorothy's part. 

Ashley's dark wig is KILLING ME. (With that and the extra weight, she really does look just like her mother.)

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Gizelle- Stay off the phone when you’re driving!

Candyass is saying the 2 million is just the asking price for the house and Chris is thinking “How are we negotiating that down to $125,000?

That is the stupidest thing ever, looking at multi million dollar homes.  Are we supposed to believe they are serious?  In reality they will be lucky to find a starter home in the Potomac area. 

Candiace's trust fund is being held hostage by her mother and will have to ask for that money, it should be managed by a neutral party with stipulations that the money can be used for things like a house or education.  Also, trying to get out from under Mother Candiace will be hard if you buy a house with a master bedroom for her, let her find other digs and she can visit them for a bit and sleep elsewhere.

Candiace thinks because she wants it, she gets it.  I guess this is where she gets to fake fight with Chris about a 2.5 million dollar house they have no intention of buying.

• Love 5

Candyass may have a trust fund in her future, however, her mother may have put a provision in it, that she doesn’t receive it until she’s 65.  For some inexplicable reason, I remember that’s what Bing Crosby did to his kids and none of them lived to be 65.  Now everyone wondering who Bing Crosby was, go google him while I call a good therapist that will help me figure out why I would possibly know that.

• LOL 23
  • Love 1

I cannot stand the little mugging faces, head tosses and eye rolls that Candaice does to seem so cute and flirtatious and when she thinks she has done a "drop the mike" piece of wisdom or knowledge.

In fact it is clear that besides Monique, all these women are pretty disgusting harpies... who cannot wait to turn on each other.

Gizelle is so damn envious of Monique it is pitiful when she said something to the effect about Moniques perfect husband and life... Damn, if Gizelle wasn't such a nasty bitch perhaps every man in her life would not leave her after screwing her 2-3 times and getting the hell away from that demon

Edited by tiredofwork
  • Love 11

There were signs all around that gala and Katie's man had a brochure or whatever on it I'm sure if the ladies got out of everybody elses business they would have known what they were there for.

Yes, Ashley. Ambushing the father that doesn't want to see you with a camera crew at night will for sure work out well. Oy.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is the stupidest thing ever, looking at multi million dollar homes.  Are we supposed to believe they are serious?  In reality they will be lucky to find a starter home in the Potomac area. 

Maybe this was their audition for house hunters lol every freaking couple on that show wants a multi million dollar house and don’t have the means to pay for it lol it’s a running joke with the show 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

Sure Candy.  Your trust fund that you know nothing about is going pay for that multi million dollar home.  You're so full of shit.  And all these businesses you supposedly have bring in the kind of money that will buy a house like that.  She just so fake.

Enough with the talking about Michael.  The rehashing is getting old.

According to Karen now that her son is working in Virginia, they don't see him as much.  Note to Karen:  You live in Virginia.  Not Potomac.  Yeah, Virginia is a big state but I had to laugh.  It's like when Karen kept calling it the American Cup.

I get why Ashley wants to see her dad.  This is not the way to do it.  I don't see a joyful reunion.

Shut up Gizelle.

Katie is such a train wreck.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Maybe this was their audition for house hunters lol every freaking couple on that show wants a multi million dollar house and don’t have the means to pay for it lol it’s a running joke with the show 

What I love about that show is when they show the perfect house; the house has an ocean view out front, a mountain view out back, it's absolutely perfect and it costs $25.95, and, the shopper says, " it's no good.   It would take me 10 minutes to get to work from here."  Sorry, OT.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

What I love about that show is when they show the perfect house;

"And you can't see the neighbors.." When you can clearly see the house across from them in the shot.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The "my water broke" prank wasn't even remotely funny

Especially since Chris called 911. A big NO NO. 

1 hour ago, rustyspigot said:

Yes, Ashley. Ambushing the father that doesn't want to see you with a camera crew at night will for sure work out well. Oy.

What the hell is she thinking? Oh, yeah. A new storyline. 

• Love 11

Katie looked a mess at the gala.  Even if her home has no A/C, she could’ve run a curling iron over the edges sticking out, gelled it back with some ECO and stuck on a pony, something, anything, except for one of those awful wigs and whatever that look was—a rubber band and hope?

Although Monique made the karma comment, Giselle and Robyn totally miss the point of her showing Ashley the texts and are just stirring up shit with Candyass.  They are proving Monique’s point of how shady they can be.  I have no doubt that Monique wouldn’t tell Candyass herself that she showed them to Ashley and why.

Ok Ashley, if your dad’s own siblings are saying stay away, stay away.  They seem to care for her.  That may have to be enough for now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I feel like Candiace doesn’t really have a trust fund.  

Based on the way the producer asked the question I think production agrees. I believe someone posted that the house they live in is owned by a trust but a 32 year old woman not knowing what it entails makes me think it’s not anything much or a trust for her mom’s estate for financial reasons. I just got access to a family trust because it was set up by my grandparents to make probate easier and some tax implications but even though I didn’t receive it until my grandparents both passed I knew everything that was in it, my share of it and got quarterly statements. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Candiace's house tour must be a producer driven activity. How in the hell is she looking for homes in the $2M range when she can't even afford to buy out her mother in the much smaller townhouse that she currently lives in? I doubt that townhouse would be for $2M no matter how nice the neighbourhood. I guess Candiace intends to continue stirring up drama to keep her Bravo paycheque because she's going to need it to avoid becoming house poor with a unnecessary budget like that.

Gizelle loves being messy and she loves stirring the pot but I didn't mind at all her telling Candiace about what Monique did. That was a foul move on Monique's part and I say that as someone who has liked Monique for the most part since day 1 and who finds Candiace spoiled AF and hella annoying.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

What I love about that show is when they show the perfect house; the house has an ocean view out front, a mountain view out back, it's absolutely perfect and it costs $25.95, and, the shopper says, " it's no good.   It would take me 10 minutes to get to work from here."  Sorry, OT.

And the first time buyer wants an open floor plan, granite countertops, stainless steel,  and everything updated for $125000.  It's so Candy.

The biggest joke is when they don't like a light fixture.  Yeah.  That's a make or break.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Maybe Dorothy's house (with mortgage) is in a revocable living trust. It's essentially a way to avoid probate and the trustor controls the trust's assets. Very common financial planning tool; I have one. It's not the same thing as a fancy trust fund, but as usual Candiace is trying to give the impression that she's related to wealth.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

The most offensive thing I've ever seen on this show is the dinner featuring king crab legs at the Grand Dame's house.  King crabs should not be served within a 100 mile radius of the Chesapeake Bay!  And there have been plenty of offensive things on this show like Ashley's mud brown curly mop/wig and Candiace's fuschia's eye make up "look."

Blue crabs 4 life!  And you keep the butter far away from it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

If Ashley's bio-dad really did abandon her then I could not care less if he is embarrassed on tv, screw him.

And it doesn't matter to me if Ashley's motives for doing so are less than pure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

And the first time buyer wants an open floor plan, granite countertops, stainless steel,  and everything updated for $125000.  It's so Candy.

The biggest joke is when they don't like a light fixture.  Yeah.  That's a make or break.

Yup!

Even if Candiace could get approved for a 2 million dollar house and write the check for the down payment how would they afford the energy bills for a house with a two story first floor?  Let alone furnish it with the appropriate furniture for that house.

For her to plunk herself down on the model home couch and then accuse Chris (the voice of reason) of dashing her dreams...immature at best. How does he not laugh in her delusional face? 

I think there is something sketchy about Gizelle and her new house project, Karen's very beige house that she rents, Katie and her well everything about her, the wigs, the cabin, the boyfriend...speaking of the boyfriend his story about Michael sound a touch different than the one that was told by Katie but did I hear right, he carries 3 phones with him, 2 are business phones and one personal phone?  What does he do, sell drugs?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
I am typing too fast!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Yup!

Even if Candiace could get approved for a 2 million dollar house and write the check for the down payment how would they afford the energy bills for a house with a two story first floor?  Let alone furnish it with the appropriate furniture for that house.

For her to plunk herself down on the model home couch and then accuse Chris (the voice of reason) of dashing her dreams...immature at best. How does he not laugh in her delusional face? 

I think there is something sketchy about Gizelle and her new house project, Karen's very beige house that she rents, Katie and her well everything about her, the wigs, the cabin, the boyfriend...speaking of the boyfriend his story about Michael sound a touch different than the one that was told by Katie but did I hear right, he carries 3 phones with him, 2 are business phones and one personal phone?  What does he do, sell drugs?

i have a phone for my personal use  a phone for work use and an after hours emergency phone so having 3 phones doesn't necessarily make you a drug dealer lol I run 2 guest houses jut playin devils advocate 🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Ashley's dark wig is KILLING ME. (With that and the extra weight, she really does look just like her mother.)

She actually looks like Tamera Mowry-Housley when she was preggo.

13 hours ago, tiredofwork said:

Gizelle is so damn envious of Monique it is pitiful when she said something to the effect about Moniques perfect husband and life... Damn, if Gizelle wasn't such a nasty bitch perhaps every man in her life would not leave her after screwing her 2-3 times and getting the hell away from that demon

GIRL!  You'd better preach!

Gotdamn, Gizzard – Are you that pathetic that you just have to spread lies everywhere?  First of all, Katie said that Ashley was dumb, not stupid…there’s a difference.

Second, you know good and damned well if you had those texts that you would have shown Candiace too so suck me with being ‘offended’.  Finally, when did Monique ever say to you that she didn’t like Ashley?  Oh yeah never, because your jealous ass is never two feet in front of her to gossip about anything, you messy, messy bitch!  Instead of listening to what Gizzard tells the ladies, why cain't they go to the source and ask outright about what was said about them?

13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The "my water broke" prank wasn't even remotely funny.

Not at all....how about Big Chris faking a heart attack ripping and running to get an ambulance to take you to the hospital?  

Love you Monique but what the 'Oh Mighty Isis' was that headband you were wearing?

Isis.gif.f0041a594ad80b9a12eb4050586a4711.gif

Candiace, you know damned well ya'll can't afford that 2 million dollar home so stop frontin'...even the real estate agent looked embarrassed. 

Beaky Buzzard - So it was okay for you and Gizzard to 'cut up' at Katie's event but Gizzard is wrong next week at your Good Times open house event?  Bitch, bye.

Ashley has guts to do a sneaky-deaky drive by to her bio dad's house....'showing up' at someone's house for any reason usually doesn't end well but I hope for her sake something positive comes of it.

Katie's ex Jacob was cute IMO, better looking than her current fiance.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The "my water broke" prank wasn't even remotely funny.

Not at all. Chris is a better person than I am, because I would be too angry to even talk to Monique if she pulled that kind of shit on me. AND got the kids involved?! Mmmph!

20 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Sure Candy.  Your trust fund that you know nothing about is going pay for that multi million dollar home.  You're so full of shit.  And all these businesses you supposedly have bring in the kind of money that will buy a house like that.  She just so fake.

Candiace is beyond ridiculous. You can't use hypothetical money to pay down on a house.  Also: where was this trust fund when she was begging her dad for more money for her over-budget wedding?

7 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Ashley has guts to do a sneaky-deaky drive by to her bio dad's house....'showing up' at someone's house for any reason usually doesn't end well but I hope for her sake something positive comes of it.

Didn't Kenya do this on Atlanta? It didn't end well.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 9

Also, doesn't Candy have a sister?  Is her name on the trust for the house and does she have a 'trust' as well?  Where is all this money coming from?  Supposedly her mom is an Air Force physician.

• Love 2

I think it is Candiace's father who is/was the USAF physician. Perhaps Dorothy was active duty as well.

ripping and running

Vixenstud made me laugh. Fond memories of my southern relatives using this expression, usually when referring to their Black and Tan hunting hounds. Or racing to get to the catfish house's Early Bird Special. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Also, doesn't Candy have a sister?  Is her name on the trust for the house and does she have a 'trust' as well?  Where is all this money coming from?  Supposedly her mom is an Air Force physician.

She does, a younger sister (I'm not sure if they have the same father). She's in the preview for the next episode.

• Love 2

I’m all for a little petty jostling on these shows— that’s what makes them guilty pleasures. But Gizelle’s bitterness towards Monique is becoming uncomfortable to watch and getting kinda weird. It’s bordering on white hot rage.

I get that Gizelle has been used to being QueenBee pre-dating RHOP. But what exactly, apart from being beautiful, young, married, fun and rich, has Monique done to her to elicit this much vitriol?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Maybe Dorothy's house (with mortgage) is in a revocable living trust. It's essentially a way to avoid probate and the trustor controls the trust's assets. Very common financial planning tool; I have one. It's not the same thing as a fancy trust fund, but as usual Candiace is trying to give the impression that she's related to wealth.

I gotta be honest--I'm not sophisticated enough to know exactly what this means, but I also agree with the spirit of it.  When Candiace was unable to answer any of the producucer's questions about the "trust," I said "she has no trust.  She's talking about something else."  It later occurred to me that Candiace is probably using the term "trust" for money that will become available to her.  How will it come to her?  Well, hmmm, why does Candiace continue to insist that Dorothy have special quarters (first her own bedroom, now her own master suite) in Candiace's home when they are trying to become more independnet of one another?  Could it be because Dorothy may be planning to sell the condo that Candiace and Chris are now living in, and give those proceeds to Candiace to put a down payment on a house, which Candiace is now calling "a trust"?  If any of my theory is even remotely true, Candiace has another think coming if she thinks this move is going to make her independent of Dorothy.

While I was sleuthing (hey, I never claimed I don't think about these shows in my downtime), I looked up Juan's birthday, and it's October 9, and there was a party for it last episode.  That means that this episode was filmed roughly the week of 10/16/19.  How does that square with 

Spoiler

Ashley stil drinking a mojito and eating sushi as if she doesn't know she's pregnant?  She gave birth on July 8, and the baby wasn't premature because she appeared on WWHL at least a month earlier (pretty sure it was May) and told Andy she was more than eight months pregnant.  If Ashely had been pregnant by 10/8, I'm pretty sure she would have taken at least a few tests in the week or so since she conceived, given how anxious she was to get pregnant. I am NOT accusing Ashley of drinking and eating sushi during early stages of pregnancy on TV (and I am one of those people who doesn't care what pregnant women do, as long as they don't overdo it). I just think there might be something choppy with the way this was produced, that maybe Ashley and Michael had that sushi dinner before Juan's birthday and what we are seeing is out of order...?  I guess they could have celebrated Juan's birthday significantly earlier than 10/9, but just how early does that Halloween house go up, if anyone knows?

That Monique birth scare was very stupid, and she looked stupid faking it, but I think the real clown here is Bravo.  They took that clip and teased us with it for an entire week. I think that's really insulting to the viewer.  It goes beyond the scope of "reality" TV to preview a woman pretending her water is breaking and to tease it as serious subject matter.  Don't they realize that they have stooped to duping people into watching their damn show?

Last night Andy was advertising his talk show and he was like, "we're going to have clips from next week's Potomac."  I was like, "well, that's clearly worthless."  I watched, because Issa Rae was the guest, but now that they committed that falsity, Bravo's previews aren't worth a tinker's damn to me.

Karen's scene at home was boring.  Something between she and BBG feels contrived to me, especially given the rumors surrounding their marriage in the past. Karen's presence on this show is beginning to feel very RHOC circa 2006, when the women basically filmed alone.  Get in the group or be gone, Karen!  

I don't know what to say about Ashley tracking down her dad, except that I think it's a storyline to get the heat off Michael.  Anyone else see dollar signs in Sheila's eyes the entire time?  Speaking of contrived, I could not believe that scene at the restaurant between Ashley and Michael.  So uncomfortable.  We get it.  Y'all are standing strong and denying it.  Stop talking about it, especially when you're not even on the same page.  Awkward.

Gizelle, I care about as much about your home renovation than I do Robyn's, and that's a goose egg.  

Didn't really care for the way the women were acting at the gala, including Katie.  I couldn't see them acting like that season one, or season two, when Gizelle needed smelling salts because Monique dared to rap in a hotel lobby.  Something about this show is slipping.  I can't put my finger on it.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Spelling
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Gizelle- Stay off the phone when you’re driving!

Candyass is saying the 2 million is just the asking price for the house and Chris is thinking “How are we negotiating that down to $125,000?

The house was beautiful. I love house porn on these shows.

• Love 2

Lol Gizelee talking about anyone throwing someone under the bus is hilarious. That’s what she does every episode. She did it just moments before she said that when she was telling Ashley everything Katie has said.

Michael and Ashley are embarrassing to watch. Their scenes just seem so forced. I don’t think she is his beard but I think he’s bi and they have an arrangement where if he’s discreet he can hook up with other guys but not other women. I have like zero evidence for this but I’m sticking to my theory lol. He knocked her up to keep her happy and around.

Candiace tries to act like she comes from mega money. I’m sure both her parents did very well and they are upper class but the way she acts they are mega millionaires. She’s annoying with her whole brat act too and give me a break with that house.

• Love 5

The whole time Candyass was talking about how hard her mother worked to provide a good life for all of them, I was thinking, "Isn't it your turn to work hard now to provide yourself with a good lifestyle?"

• Love 12

It’s amazing to me that her response to being able to afford the house is, “We’ll just keep working.” A home is supposed to be a comfort, not an albatross around your neck, forcing you to keep your nose to the grindstone until god knows when. When I think of all the other places that money would do more good for her instead of sinking it into a too-big, too-fancy home, just for show...Tsk, tsk.

Glad she’s not my wife!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, link417 said:

It’s amazing to me that her response to being able to afford the house is, “We’ll just keep working.” A

Which should have led Chris to ask “when are you going to start”.

• LOL 10
  • Love 10

Candyass's make up in her talking heads is the most hideous make up I have ever seen in all the Bravo reality shows since the very first RHOC (RHA excluded as that's the only one I never watched but all the Married to medicine and Southern charm versions included). She looks horrible!

If she wanted 2 million dollar house maybe she should use the money that was wasted on her wedding. 200 000 USD would be nice chunk for down payment. Although still a long way to go to pay off 2 million mortgage. Why would she marry a chef with 3 children if she has such an expensive taste? (I know how much executive chef in D.C. makes as I'm married to one. Its not much considering the 12-15 hour workdays. And my husband's restaurant came in number 18 in Washingtonian's 100 best restaurants in D.C. few years back.)

• Love 12

Ashley is such a wannabe actress!!!! (( or… Trying to be one on reality TV if that’s possible… But we all know it is!)

she is so “extra”

Really? Me thinks it’s for a story line if you’re suddenly wanting contact with other side of fam after 11 years....yes!!!! Thank gawd mom still had old contact number! ALWAYS PERFORMING FOR GAWD SAKES!!!!...Candy ass as well....

Uncle says “so glad you kept our number!!”

ASHLY MOMMY....How many old phones did you have to go through and charge to find it?...when things get unfortunately erased changing phones back in the day?...oh my! Look at you so hot!!!! Compared to earlier scenes...me thinks you’ve been ‘promoted’!!!!

poseurs...trying to be “real”...when they’ve rehearsed for years...

Have to say...I was in pageants (mommy dearest pushing because she was participant)...and yes I was in the “important one held in such high esteem” 🥴

junior state winner...major city winner and runner up in state...

I’ll never forget when I was Junior… we were both guests at state pageant...and Petite Junior was one of those girls that could never let loose and was always in her full make up and high heels even when we were trying to have fun late at night in hotel.

always so calculating and over the top....basically “camera ready” at any given time..

that is Ashley AND Candy Asss...

it was passé when I was there!

phony 

BTW...I broke outta hotel to run down street to liquor store on potato chip run...came back to helicopters overhead and had to sneak (jump) through a Miss’ ground floor room to  evade the situation…  I haven’t thought about that in years ..LOL 😆

at least got m congeniality 

Somehow missed this forum .but Ashley and Candass have been too much lately..so I wenta hunting 👍

Edited by Shellbell59
Predictive text mistakes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, tiredofwork said:

Gizelle is really silly to be jealous of Monique, one thing I have learned in life, 90% of what you have is a crapshoot.  There are plenty of attractive, kind people, who want to marry, but never do, that's not because they do anything wrong, it's just the cards they were dealt.  So Gizelle needs to buy a clue and be happy for Monique, because shit can turn on a dime and then she'll feel bad for being jealous.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Gizelle is really silly to be jealous of Monique, one thing I have learned in life, 90% of what you have is a crapshoot.  There are plenty of attractive, kind people, who want to marry, but never do, that's not because they do anything wrong, it's just the cards they were dealt.  So Gizelle needs to buy a clue and be happy for Monique, because shit can turn on a dime and then she'll feel bad for being jealous.

Except Gizelle won't feel bad. She'll gloat about it.  

Those crab legs didn't look like King Crab. They looked like the kind you get on a buffet and they are so small it takes you 15 minutes to crack, the shells  and get enough meat out for a bite.

• Love 5
On 8/4/2019 at 7:29 PM, TexasGal said:

I feel like Candiace doesn’t really have a trust fund.  

Does Rayvin need glasses?  I don’t think her face could have been any closer to the laptop screen.

If there is actually a trust fund, she's draining the hell out of it now by having her mother pay for all her shit.  Candiace is exactly the type of person who will end up with a parent who dies with a ton of debt but expects there to be a huge windfall and can't figure out that they were basically getting their inheritance doled out along the way.  

On 8/4/2019 at 9:42 PM, Bronzedog said:

Yep, show them the perfect house, with an in-law suite, the exact number of bedrooms, move in condition, completely updated, in the best school district, and it can all be theirs for a roll of quarters and the lint in the dryer lint trap and they'll be all "But, wait, there's this ONE step up into the front door! How do you expect me to carry my groceries in with this!?! It's a STEP!  This will NEVER do!"

9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I gotta be honest--I'm not sophisticated enough to know exactly what this means, but I also agree with the spirit of it.  When Candiace was unable to answer any of the producucer's questions about the "trust," I said "she has no trust.  She's talking about something else."  It later occurred to me that Candiace is probably using the term "trust" for money that will become available to her.  How will it come to her?  Well, hmmm, why does Candiace continue to insist that Dorothy have special quarters (first her own bedroom, now her own master suite) in Candiace's home when they are trying to become more independnet of one another?  Could it be because Dorothy may be planning to sell the condo that Candiace and Chris are now living in, and give those proceeds to Candiace to put a down payment on a house, which Candiace is now calling "a trust"?  If any of my theory is even remotely true, Candiace has another think coming if she thinks this move is going to make her independent of Dorothy.

That Monique birth scare was very stupid, and she looked stupid faking it, but I think the real clown here is Bravo.  They took that clip and teased us with it for an entire week. I think that's really insulting to the viewer.  It goes beyond the scope of "reality" TV to preview a woman pretending her water is breaking and to tease it as serious subject matter.  Don't they realize that they have stooped to duping people into watching their damn show?

If you have a house, or really, some money, whatever, that you want to give to someone and ensure that it goes to them, you can put it in a trust.  (This is very over-simplified, so please, obviously get actual advice) Say you have a beach house that you want to keep in the family and you have 3 kids.  You can put the house into a trust, you and your spouse would no longer own it, the trust would (you title the deed to the trust), then, you can make the kids beneficiaries of the trust.  This means that when you die, the house just passes to them, it avoids taxes, probate, you don't have to worry about it in your will, etc.  Also, it means that their spouses can't touch it either, they have no claims to it, as the TRUST retains the ownership, and they technically do not own it, they are only benefiting from the trust.  You can then also decide that it will continue to branch out to their children, etc.  

You can do the same with money, you can put assets into a trust for a specific purpose.  Like when Elvis died, all of his money and stuff went into a trust, which eventually Lisa Marie became the sole beneficiary of.  She had to wait until she was 25 to inherit the money directly, before that, the estate was held in trust and run by her mother.  You can set something like that up for your own estate, or you can also do it for specific purposes.  Lets say you have grandkids and you want to put aside money for them to use for college.  You can gift them a specific amount, held in trust that can be used only for educational purposes, (maybe you would be ok with them using it for a school trip abroad during high school), college, trade school, and then if it isn't completely used up by x age, they can have the balance to use at that time.  This way you don't have them hitting 21, dropping out and blowing it on a car.

Back to the topic, it's possible that Candiace's mother has her house in a trust.  Or she has the condo Candiace is living in, or even both properties in a trust, for planning purposes.  Candiace, however, seems to think she has some sort of multi-million dollar trust fund, like she's a Vanderbilt or something.  That doesn't really seem likely, because you'd think she'd be able to explain it.  Most people know why and how they have a trust fund, a grandparent died and left them money, someone got a settlement for something and set up a trust, or if a parent sets it up, then they know why they have it especially if the parent is currently funding their lifestyle.  I am not counting on an inheritance from my parents, I don't care if I get one, I'd rather them use their money to take care of themselves.  But, I have a rough idea of where things stand with them, they give us an overview of their plans every so often, so we know where to look for papers, etc.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

i have a phone for my personal use  a phone for work use and an after hours emergency phone so having 3 phones doesn't necessarily make you a drug dealer lol I run 2 guest houses jut playin devils advocate 🙂

I am from Baltimore, we have a lot of drug dealers, it is where my mind goes first.  Now I am curious, where are your guest houses? Are they big enough to have a mass reunion watching party?

Don't forget we all want a 10,000 square foot house with more bathrooms than we can even locate along with a chef's kitchen where we can eat our take out food, a champagne room and we will all want the master bedroom! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am from Baltimore, we have a lot of drug dealers, it is where my mind goes first.  Now I am curious, where are your guest houses? Are they big enough to have a mass reunion watching party?

Don't forget we all want a 10,000 square foot house with more bathrooms than we can even locate along with a chef's kitchen where we can eat our take out food, a champagne room and we will all want the master bedroom! 

What do you mean, “the” master bedroom? Surely there are at least two master bedrooms in each house! Otherwise, where would the tenants’ mothers sleep when they visit?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

That's the funny thing I'm in key west and the housewives do come down A LOT lol the OC housewives were just down here a couple months ago filming (not at my place)

• Love 3

My college age daughter sits on the couch with me on Sunday’s, I watch this crap, she’s nursing a hangover and playing on her phone and rarely looks up at this show. The other night when Ashely was talking and talking and talking my daughter shouts “shut up. Stop talking. Your husband is gay. Ass”. I slow clapped my girl....

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Michael’s GOLLY, YOU Are so HOT and I’m totally not bi or gay...vaginas rule! was so damn fake. Particularly since we have never ever heard this unbridled lust for her before the incident.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3