Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E17: Live Eviction #5

• Start Topic

Finally, some drama and then.....nothing happens they vote out Sam (at least that’s how it’s looking.) 

that Staten Island accent wants to make me kill myself, from someone who worked in NYC for almost 30 years, like nails on a chalkboard. I would self evict if I had to listen to Christie and Tommy all day....EVERY DAY. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

So, in order for the field trip competition to work the way I want, I would need to vote for Nick, Christy and Sis. One strong competitor who is not in the six and two weak competitors who are in the six. Nick would campaign for two more members of the six to go on the block anyway once he’s HOH  safe.

Edited since the winner is not actually HOH just safe from nomination.

Edited by lids
  • Love 1

Julie's dress looked like Spider-Man and Pebbles had a baby that was trying to keep one foot in the goth pool in order to piss off her parents. Was that fringe on the thigh slit? Just say no, Julie. Overwhelming No. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

Finally, some drama and then.....nothing happens they vote out Sam (at least that’s how it’s looking.) 

that Staten Island accent wants to make me kill myself, from someone who worked in NYC for almost 30 years, like nails on a chalkboard. I would self evict if I had to listen to Christie and Tommy all day....EVERY DAY. 

Tommy and Christie both look 40 in the face!

Tommy looks 14 in the body. So, weird!

Is that a Staten Island thing?

Edited by Dance4Life
  • LOL 3

What in Hot Topic remnant fabric hell was Julieie wearing tonight?  Does she really go into wardrobe before every show and say "Just fuck my shit up"?

In true BB fashion, let's tease that "something is going on that will throw the house in chaos" and then, nothing.  Quit promising that big dick of death, BB.  We're on to you after this many years of vienna sausages.

Way to end an episode, with the hamsters staring at monitors trying to memorize shit.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Was Julie drunk? I think she might have been drunk. I also think Les is putting $100K in a trust fund for her every time she calls herself Chen-Moonves.

My hopes were elevated, and then dashed. These people are so stupid. So very very stupid. I hate unanimous votes that are unanimous for no damn reason. And I am unanimous in that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

How disappointing! These sheeple feel they MUST vote in block form.  Where's the individuality?! You know you're not in with 'the group' but you're too weak to stand up and vote for who YOU want to leave? You know you're one of the next in line to leave and you still feel like you've just got to vote with 'the group'?!  I'm so sick of these large groups forming at the beginning and controlling everything and making a boring season.  

Well finally I got the italics off-- somehow they got stuck and then got unstuck in this paragraph.  Strangely I could type quicker and didn't misspell a word (that I know of) when I was stuck in italics.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Well, Julie was kind of annoying teasing dramatic happenings without spelling out any of it really. It took Sam to provide perhaps the juicest morsel of an entire season...Jackson vs. Jack? Please let it be true! Something was up with Jackson as he had the demeanor of a psycho killer during the live portions of the show.

Almost as headscratching, as whatever went on was why they would waste precious time stroking Tommy's ego with him leading a dance routine. Who wanted to see that?  And just as bad a "check-in" with Cliff that nobody outside of his friends and family cares about.

Probably the most inexplicable moment of the night was the tweet saying the person loves Kat but Sam is too much of a threat...that implies that there is one, single misguided person out there in the universe that is a fan of the six-shooters and is worried for them if Sam were to stay. Now That's Incredible (take that John Davidson!)

Speaking of Cliff..shut up Cliff about wanting to take out a power couple. You had your shot to deliver a huge blow to the Jackson/Jack/Sis/Holly stranglehold and you take out a weakened Bella.

Edited by North of Eden
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

“Man some awesome shit went down before we came on the air!”

But we aren’t going to show you any of that tonight.  We’ll sure talk about it every segment though.

”It’s quite possible Kat could go home!”

Sam gets bounced 9-0 (and seriously Nick and Cliff, you couldn’t give him a pity vote?).

Jack thinks he’s quite adorable doesn’t he?  I don’t think the feeling is quite mutual.

Jackson always speaks as if he is about to burst into a lava storm of rage at any moment.

Edited by mojoween
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, lids said:

So, in order for the field trip competition to work the way I want, I would need to vote for Nick, Christy and Sis. One strong competitor who is not in the six and two weak competitors who are in the six. Nick would put two more members of the six on the block anyway once he’s HOH.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A thousand times no!!!!

You vote for the three WORSE people in the house from you pov.  Because there is no guarantee Nick would win safety as he has 2 chances in 3 of losing. 

Also the winner of the competition does not become the HOH automatically.  They are two separate events.

Voting for the three worse guarantees one of them is nominated.  So what if one gets safty.  One or more would anyway from that group. 

Picking a "favorite" will condemn that person to the block if they lose and perhaps making them a target plus giving them a punishment if they come in second.

I'd go after Jack, Jackson and Tommy myself.  Christie is already a target now and she might lose an endurance or balance competition to the two Jacks.  Tommy stands a better chance of ensuring either the disgusting bigoted racist (Jack) or the one the the girls find treats them offensively (Jackson) go up on the block.

Besides Tommy is coasting scott free riding Christie's coattails.  If he does lose that cripples Christie totally.   And if ignored the little damn rat will probably win BB this season.

Vote for who you like the least from your pov of course.  Just do not NOT N-O-T vote for a "favorite" or you could well help those Six to get your favorite out.

Sorry for all the bold but please this is my worst nightmare that anyone would accidentally help those Six.  And voting for a "favorite" almost assures just that will happen putting your favorite in danger.

Edited by green
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I was SO wishing that when they went to wash off their "treatment" they would start scrubbing but that pink wouldn't come off... ooops!! *scrub scrub* Oh SHIT!! *scrub scrub* It's NOT coming off!!! Damn that would have made the season for me.

I agree'n with green. So what if one of the three is safe, they are bound to be anyway what we need is to see Jack, Jackson in the running for being nominated! My third vote would go to Holly but we need the twin terrors up there!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, green said:

You vote for the three WORSE people in the house from you pov.  Because there is no guarantee Nick would win safety as he has 2 chances in 3 of losing. 

Voting for the three worse guarantees one of them is nominated.  So what if one gets safty.  One or more would anyway from that group. 

Picking a "favorite" will condemn that person to the block if they lose and perhaps making them a target plus giving them a punishment if they come in second.

I'd go after Jack, Jackson and Tommy myself.  Christie is already a target now and she might lose an endurance or balance competition to the two Jacks.  Tommy stands a better chance of ensuring either the disgusting bigoted racist (Jack) or the one the the girls find treats them offensively (Jackson) go up on the block.

Besides Tommy is coasting scott free riding Christie's coattails.  If he does lose that cripples Christie totally.   And if ignored the little damn rat will probably win BB this season.

Vote for who you like the least from your pov of course.  Just do not NOT N-O-T vote for a "favorite" or you could well help those Six to get your favorite out.

Sorry for all the bold but please this is my worst nightmare that anyone would accidentally help those Six.  And voting for a "favorite" almost assures just that will happen putting your favorite in danger.

This doesn’t seem like a good plan to me. The house is gonna vote to evict the person on the block who is the biggest threat to the six regardless of how this road trip goes. The most important thing is to get the threat (Nick) safety.

If the voters can keep Nick (or whoever’s left to go after the Jacks and Tommy/Christie safe), that is what they must do. Getting Jack or Jackson as the third nominee is going to be worthless if Nick is also on the block. I’m pretty confident Nick could beat Christie and Sis. The voters should stack the deck so that he can easily get safety.

Edited by lids

I wonder how this will work in terms of the HOH competition. Will the road trip comp be played before the HOH or after? Will the person who won safety get to play in the HOH? All these details are also important.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

"My eyes! My eyes!" 

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Julie's dress looked like Spider-Man and Pebbles had a baby that was trying to keep one foot in the goth pool in order to piss off her parents. Was that fringe on the thigh slit? Just say no, Julie.

That's hilarious because Mr. Melina22 who never knows what anyone has on, said "She thinks she's Spiderman" just as I started to say, "It's the Flintstones!" 

Other than the heinous dress, I have never seen Julie so animated. She actually chuckled in anticipation of the possible chaos and fireworks to come. She actually seemed very subdued when she realized it was all for nothing. Landslide for Kat. Now you know how WE feel, Julie. 

I just kept reminding myself "I'll believe it when I see it." Disappointing nonetheless. 

Do I get a special prize for accidentally managing to get one quote box inside another one? 

• LOL 6
39 minutes ago, green said:

I agree. I’d put up Jack, Jackson and Holly. Sure, one of them would be safe, but one of them would definitely go up on the block. 

Julie definitely seems more animated and into the show this season. I wonder if it’s because this is her only gig now.   

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Julie definitely seems more animated and into the show this season. I wonder if it’s because this is her only gig now.  

I noticed that, too. She seems to be enjoying these people! Except for Jack. The kiss he blew her at the end of the vote got noooooo response from her, when she was clearly enjoying chatting with the other voters. 

I wonder if part of her lightheartedness is that it’s been a year since Moonves’ awfulness burst upon the public. She’s also not on The Talk anymore, so her workload is lighter and she probably has much more time to relax.

14 minutes ago, lids said:

I wonder how this will work in terms of the HOH competition. Will the road trip comp be played before the HOH or after? Will the person who won safety get to play in the HOH? All these details are also important.

Julie says that we have eight days to vote, which means it won’t impact next week’s HoH. That’s how I interpreted it, anyway.

1 hour ago, green said:

Definitely. Two of the three consequences are adverse, so vote for the worst. Jackson and Jack for sure. If Holly or Sis win HoH, it would be the same result as if Jack or Jackson won it. I might vote for Kat instead. 

Against my will, I’m being drawn to hoping Christie and Tommy stay around. They seem to be the best chance of targeting Jackson and Jack. I want them gone.

Edited by Kris117
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, lids said:

This doesn’t seem like a good plan to me. The house is gonna vote to evict the person on the block who is the biggest threat to the six regardless of how this road trip goes. The most important thing is to get the threat (Nick) safety.

If the voters can keep Nick (or whoever’s left to go after the Jacks and Tommy/Christie safe), that is what they must do. Getting Jack or Jackson as the third nominee is going to be worthless if Nick is also on the block. I’m pretty confident Nick could beat Christie and Sis. The voters should stack the deck so that he can easily get safety.

Maybe Nick can win HOH. Or Cliff or Nicole.  Or the other side of the split forming of the six.  But you put Nick totally in danger if you vote for him.

Also the family of a non-Six are saying online:

Spoiler

Cliff's family are begging people to vote for Jack, Jackson and Christie.  They agree about how this really works and the absolute need to put up three of the six.

In other words they don't want you to vote for Cliff even though they are his family.  They know that could lead to his eviction.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kris117 said:

Julie says that we have eight days to vote, which means it won’t impact next week’s HoH. That’s how I interpreted it, anyway.

So what if one of the 3 who is picked for the road trip is HOH? Will they just skip over that person and go to the 4th highest vote getter? Also, I wonder if this will also take place after nominations. Can the third nominee play for the veto? It’s hard to strategize without this info.

6 minutes ago, Kris117 said:

Definitely. Two of the three consequences are adverse, so vote for the worst. Jackson and Jack for sure. If Holly or Sis win HoH, it would be the same result as if Jack or Jackson won it. I might vote for Kat instead. 

If this takes place after the HOH comp and Nick hasn’t won HOH, it wouldn’t even matter if he lost the Roadtrip comp because he’s likely going on the block anyway. Two of the consequences are adverse, but they are unlikely to lead to a 6 Shooters eviction. The 6 control the majority of the votes. The only way to throw a wrench in their voting order is to give their nemesis power/security.

4 minutes ago, lids said:

So what if one of the 3 who is picked for the road trip is HOH? Will they just skip over that person and go to the 4th highest vote getter? Also, I wonder if this will also take place after nominations. Can the third nominee play for the veto? It’s hard to strategize without this info.

If this takes place after the HOH comp and Nick hasn’t won HOH, it wouldn’t even matter if he lost the Roadtrip comp because he’s likely going on the block anyway. Two of the consequences are adverse, but they are unlikely to lead to a 6 Shooters eviction. The 6 control the majority of the votes. The only way to throw a wrench in their voting order is to give their nemesis power/security.

Bottom line.  You can't give him security. 

All you can do is provide him a target on the block and by so doing remove one of the Six's ability to vote that night at the same time.  Not getting a Six on the block by America means they also get an extra freaking vote as well.

And they will also end up thinking Nick is hated by America so go after him even more because it is obvious that this vote is all about putting someone America hates on BB in "mortal danger" since the whole point is to get one of them on the block.  Therefore he must be very much hated by America and America will thank the House if they get rid of him.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

When Sam said, "I'll leave you with one final word" during his speech and then yelled something out, what did he say?  Just curious!

"SEND IT!" 

It's Sam's catch-phrase, like Kaycee's "Let's go!" last season. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Jackson always speaks as if he is about to burst into a lava storm of rage at any moment.

He seemed pissed during the live show. Must have been some kind of blow up before the show. 

And according to the live feeders, 

Spoiler

Right after the feeds came back, the 6 shooters minus Jackson are in the target room and he’s laying on a couch outside the target room, looking very pissed.   

🤞🏻 I did the spoiler right. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 1

Why is there a nine person jury?  That seems so excessive.

I personally think a seven person jury would be fine.  That way you don't end up with jury members who have been out of the game for almost a month (or over a month, I am not sure when the season ends and I do not want to sit here and figure it out).

• Love 1
8 hours ago, mojoween said:

But we aren’t going to show you any of that tonight.  We’ll sure talk about it every segment though.

”It’s quite possible Kat could go home!”

Sam gets bounced 9-0 (and seriously Nick and Cliff, you couldn’t give him a pity vote?).

Julie wasn't lying.  The live feeds cut off a couple of hours before the live show starts but ...

Spoiler

... apparently they didn't shut down the live satellite transmission and the last 80 minutes before the show started has been captured and put online.  Try googling something like BB 21 80 Mins Prior to 8/1 Live Show I think it is called on YouTube.

The first half hour is hard to hear because it is people behind closed doors but the remaining 50 minutes are loud and clear and probably contains way more drama than you've ever seen on this season ever. 

So Julie did NOT know what was going to happen even 10 seconds before the show started.  She told the audience during her last make-up touch-ups she might as well throw away her prepared questions etc because she had no idea what was going to happen and asked them to wish her luck.

So no the editors couldn't get the video clips edited for this night's TV show no way no how.

So watch YouTube now or watch the condensed version on Sunday.  Your choice.  There is tons of footage to show for sure. 

What it is I won't say here of course.  Just that Julie and production definitely didn't know what was going to happen for real.  And that was why she was so excited and pumped during the intro.

PS: Someone on Reddit transcribed this whole 80 min mess of delightful implosions and insanity the best they could so especially since it is near impossible to hear the first half hour too clearly here is the link to the transcript:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/cl0ua3/heres_what_happened_when_the_feeds_went_down/

Edited by green
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Julie's dress looked like 3 different people chose the fabrics.

Jackson looked angry when they showed him watching the group dance. I wonder if he doesn't have a carefully groomed exterior show of behavior and people seeing this violated how he wants to show himself. If that makes sense.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, green said:

Also the winner of the competition does not become the HOH automatically.  They are two separate events.

Why is it that when I go to vote it takes me to CBS all access (no thanks!) and asks for payment? Anyone else having that problem.? 

NVM, got it to work.

Edited by sunshine23
4 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

Why is it that when I go to vote it takes me to CBS all access (no thanks!) and asks for payment? Anyone else having that problem.? 

NVM, got it to work.

Then tell me please.  Can you vote without "joining" All Access by either paying or using up the free trial week?

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

If Tommy wasn't "on" all of the time, I would agree with you.  The dude must be exhausting to be around, he is just too damn hyper.

Somewhere out there, Richard Simmons is watching Big Brother and saying to himself, "Wow, that Tommy guy is a little over-the-top."

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

They ought to change the name of this reality show to "High School", or "Big Dick on Campus".   Of course the latter sounds  like a title of a porn movie.

Or a horror movie starting Evil Dick.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

They ought to change the name of this reality show to "High School", or "Big Dick on Campus".   Of course the latter sounds  like a title of a porn movie.

Well, that would at least give them a use for the audio coming out of the HoH shower....

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, green said:

Then tell me please.  Can you vote without "joining" All Access by either paying or using up the free trial week?

My daughter said to join by clicking on the FB tab. I did and it said I still had to sign up, but then it sad my vote went through. I was able to vote my other 9 times, for Jack, Son, and Holly of course. Good luck.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, North of Eden said:

why they would waste precious time stroking Tommy's ego with him leading a dance routine. Who wanted to see that? 

I would rather they had made room for showing the HoH, it was only one with questions so they can normally be fitted in if they want.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

There was some weird munching sound over the audio of this episode.   Did anyone else hear it?   It was as if someone in the control room was eating popcorn.

Julie had on too many bracelets and they were clinking against each other...

Oh and re: Tommy, if your reaction to 85% of what people say to you is to go full on 'Home Alone' shock you might be over the top...

5c1d7b0d45c50167d328abe6.png

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Man that was annoying. I kept thinking I must have missed something. Why constantly refer to something you're not even going to show??

It's Sam's catch-phrase, like Kaycee's "Let's go!" last season.

Good Lord, these people think they're famous.

Probably the most inexplicable moment of the night was the tweet saying the person loves Kat but Sam is too much of a threat.

I wish CBS would stop with these inane and pointless Twitter chyrons. They hand-pick the most complimentary and innocuous ones they get. I would only approve of this if they showed some of the negative ones, like "who the hell rigged this stupid show?"

How disappointing! These sheeple feel they MUST vote in block form.  Where's the individuality?! You know you're not in with 'the group' but you're too weak to stand up and vote for who YOU want to leave? You know you're one of the next in line to leave and you still feel like you've just got to vote with 'the group'?!

I never understand this. The bottom-feeders always feel like they need to vote with the group because "they don't want to put a target on their back." Uh, assuming you realize you're not in the majority alliance, there is already a target on your back. The size of said target is immaterial, you are next in line to get the boot anyway.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Why is it so hard for people to just place their vote and leave?

This has turned into my pet peeve for the season.  I wish the powers that be would nip this in the bud.  We don't need to hear "Hiiii Juleeeeeeeeee!!!  I vote to evict......... SamHappyBirthdayMomJoeHankLoveyouNateHarryVeronicaMissYouFluffy!!!

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If Tommy wasn't "on" all of the time, I would agree with you.  The dude must be exhausting to be around, he is just too damn hyper.

One of these votes, Tommy is going to exit the voting room with such force and panache, he is going to launch himself right over his seat on the couch and through the exterior wall of the house.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This has turned into my pet peeve for the season.  I wish the powers that be would nip this in the bud.  We don't need to hear "Hiiii Juleeeeeeeeee!!!  I vote to evict......... SamHappyBirthdayMomJoeHankLoveyouNateHarryVeronicaMissYouFluffy!!!

One of these votes, Tommy is going to exit the voting room with such force and panache, he is going to launch himself right over his seat on the couch and through the exterior wall of the house.  

The way I play this now is I skip the votes and just go straight to the reveal, it's actually far more interesting, and more like the other style of BB where the viewers aren't told in advance of the reveal to the house.  I think they did that on BBOTT from what I remember.  I also skip the pleas as they often give it away even before the votes

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, mikewho said:

Please add to my list of Big Brother phrases I never want to hear again:

'I just don't want him/her to throw me, him, her Under The Bus'.

With that being said, at the end of the day, I 1000% don't want to be thrown under the bus.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

How can TPTB stop them if they're all doing it? I'm more annoyed by having a commercial break in the middle of a live vote. That kind of thing is part of why I don't watch competitive reality shows on NBC anymore.

• Love 1