Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 22– The Political View with 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices
Tuesday, July 23– The Political View with 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate Beto O'Rourke and his wife Amy Hoover Sanders in their first national joint interview; Kofi Siriboe (“Queen Sugar”)
Wednesday, July 24– Day of Hot Topics
Thursday, July 25– David Spade (“Lights Out With David Spade”); Fred Savage (“What Just Happened??!”)
Friday, July 26– A performance by Tituss Burgess (album, “45”)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, merriebreeze said:

Antithesize. Is that even a word? Did Meghan mean to say "epitomize"?

I think she was shooting for antithesis, but that word does not apply to the point she was trying to make.

She also said mayors & governors were "resiliently" staying in office ... I think she was shooting for resolutely.  My Gawd, the girl is stunned!!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Anesthetize is a word.  It means to deprive of feeling or awareness. In what context did Meghan use it?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

The wrong context ... LOLOLOL!!!

One of my very strong pet peeves is when someone uses words incorrectly. There is nothing wrong with not having a high SAT vocabulary but do not try to act like you did and sound like an idiot.

• Love 20

I don't find Tulsi Gabbard believable. I'm glad Joy went at her with how much far right extremists love her (coincidentally right after McCain talked about how much she liked Tulsi--case in point....). I only wish Sunny had been harder on her. That was a softball question she asked in the first half of the interview.

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't find Tulsi Gabbard believable. I'm glad Joy went at her with how much far right extremists love her (coincidentally right after McCain talked about how much she liked Tulsi--case in point....). I only wish Sunny had been harder on her. That was a softball question she asked in the first half of the interview.

I agree.  I’ve seen her in several interviews, including the Bill Maher’s show.  She has yet to impress me. I do t get the praise she gets from so many.  I find her boring. ( and if Meg is gonna drool over her, I know I do t like her)

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

I wonder if Wed will be preempted for the Mueller hearings. I haven’t heard if networks will be airing it. Or maybe just cable?

(eta, thanks, ginger!)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wonder if Wed will be preempted for the Mueller hearings. I haven’t heard if networks will be airing it. Or maybe just cable?

Saw this:

ABC News, NBC News, Fox News Channel and MSNBC will all interrupt their popular morning programs Wednesday, cutting into “Good Morning America,” “Today” and “Fox & Friends,” respectively, to focus coverage on Mueller’s testimony.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

I agree.  I’ve seen her in several interviews, including the Bill Maher’s show.  She has yet to impress me. I do t get the praise she gets from so many.  I find her boring. ( and if Meg is gonna drool over her, I know I do t like her)

Plus they never addressed the teaser about the debate and how she felt shafted and yada yada.  Its entirely possible they did address it and i just wasnt listening lol

1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Or antithesis? I didnt hear her so not sure the context

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Gee, I wonder who Sunny meant when talking about a friend who shows you who she really is?  And then that person being dead to her?

I know, i loved that haha two snorts! (which i tend to do when laughing)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Here's the context per RawStory's reporting

“I still think the debate between ‘The Squad’ and Nancy Pelosi and more moderate Democrats is what Trump wants,” she said. “As long as they are the face of the Democratic Party, which I know there are people in here that are probably fans of theirs, but there are a lot of moderate Democrats in the country that maybe aren’t on board with some of the radical things that they have said. He needs someone to fight with, and he needs an enemy, and right now they antithesize everything that (he promotes).”

Nobody but Trumpers/Republicans call The Squad "the face of the Democratic Party," certainly no Democrats. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Anesthetize is a word.  It means to deprive of feeling or awareness. In what context did Meghan use it?

'What the viewer tends to feel when MM is lecturing again, Alex'

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Saw this:

ABC News, NBC News, Fox News Channel and MSNBC will all interrupt their popular morning programs Wednesday, cutting into “Good Morning America,” “Today” and “Fox & Friends,” respectively, to focus coverage on Mueller’s testimony.

So in other words a boring Weds.  Good time to run errands. They even said he has nothing to say outside the scope of the report, so what are they expecting??  Any idea how long this is supposed to last?  At least it will start earlier here is MST.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Gee, I wonder who Sunny meant when talking about a friend who shows you who she really is?  And then that person being dead to her?

And she said 'when that person shows you who they are' rofl!  Taking Maya Angelou to heart!

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

I think Whoopi needs to find a better way to Segway to the commericials. I think that Meghan is on to her games and isn't having it.  Whoopi consistently waits until Meghan is in mid statement before she tries to go to commericial. Very calculated and intentional I believe. Meghan sometimes annoys me and I don't always agree with her but I am glad The View finally has a strong republican who pushes back at Whoopi and Joy. It is about time!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

This was the one time she should have broken her don't look at Meghan rule.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Anlogle said:

I think Whoopi needs to find a better way to Segway to the commericials. I think that Meghan is on to her games and isn't having it.  Whoopi consistently waits until Meghan is in mid statement before she tries to go to commericial. Very calculated and intentional I believe. Meghan sometimes annoys me and I don't always agree with her but I am glad The View finally has a strong republican who pushes back at Whoopi and Joy. It is about time!  

Whoopi goes to commercial because the producers in her earpiece are telling her to go to commercial. If you've been watching this show for awhile, you know that she often argues with them, and abruptly goes to commercial. Whoopi is the one who coddles Meghan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

He needs someone to fight with, and he needs an enemy, and right now they antithesize everything that (he promotes).”

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think she was shooting for antithesis, but that word does not apply to the point she was trying to make.

If you put "are the" after the word "they" in the her original statement, and substitute "antithesis of" for "antithesize", it works, if the "(he promotes)" is the correct interpretation.

I watched the clip on the Raw Story site, and Meghan doesn't complete her thought after saying the word "that" (Joy's talking, and Meghan responds to what Joy says).  It looks like Raw Story decided on "he promotes" on their own.

3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Did Meghan mean to say "epitomize"?

I thought this at first as well, and Meghan could have been planning to say something like "he's against" or "he hates", where it would fit.

• Love 2

I was actually on Meghan’s side when Whoopi started the Ben Affleck/Kevin Smith in that condescendingly-this subject bores me so I’m gonna turn it into an even more unfunny gag-bit she did.

Yes Whoopi, you ARE a movie star, but some people DO find the topic interesting, so if you think this show is so beneath you then you can see your way out.

You are a MODERATOR, so MODERATE. Not every topic needs your sage advice and ramblings that’s make no sense.

• Love 23
48 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

MM is wearing black today because she is in MOURNING gals.  Did she mention it today?

Yep in one month it will be a year so maybe she’s  cranking it up a tad. 

She thanked Gabbard for her service then added only combat vet running for president. big ole smile. WTF?  She is just too much. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I was actually on Meghan’s side when Whoopi started the Ben Affleck/Kevin Smith in that condescendingly-this subject bores me so I’m gonna turn it into an even more unfunny gag-bit she did.

Yes Whoopi, you ARE a movie star, but some people DO find the topic interesting, so if you think this show is so beneath you then you can see your way out.

You are a MODERATOR, so MODERATE. Not every topic needs your sage advice and ramblings that’s make no sense.

I agree- every time Whoopi lets us know how bored she is, it annoys me.  I already hate myself for watching this show- I don’t need her to remind me what a waste of time it is 😂.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Anlogle said:

I think Whoopi needs to find a better way to Segway to the commericials. I think that Meghan is on to her games and isn't having it. 

I hate to be this person, but since people are picking on Meghan's use of language, I have to make the correction.  

Segue means to move without stopping from one topic, song, etc., to another.

Segway is a brand of motorized, personal transportation device with two wheels. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

🤮🤮🤮. Just watched the opening: trump then pence then miller.  What a way to start the day.  

And MM in all black in the middle of July??

Her miscarriage story just came out?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I tuned in today to see if anyone would address Meghan’s big news over the weekend and...nope not a word. I also wanted to see if the wall of ice Sunny built between her and Meghan melted a bit due to said news, but...nope, still frozen solid. Sunny’s comment about believing a person when they show you who they are was total shade at McCain and she knew it, which is why she went on that nervous ramble about Smith and Affleck. However, I do agree with the poster above about Meghan’s fond memories of Smith’s movies, and Whoopi acting AGAIN that she was just sooo above the conversation 🙄I respect Whoopi’s legacy but she’s another one that can exit stage left with holier than thou attitude. She’s already said that the View is just a paycheck and it doesn’t feed her creatively. Whoopi, unlike many creatives who work day jobs for the steady paycheck to pay their bills, you don’t NEED this job. You are a terrible moderator and rarely add anything of substance to the conversations. Like that whole bit about the women of Puerto Rico “storming” the governor’s quarters and physically removing him. I mean, WTF?! That’s one way for violence to escalate.

Sunny was definitely on point today. I loved the immediate shutdown of Meghan again pushing the tired GOP talking point of the “squad” being the face of the Democratic Party, when literally the only ones saying that are the GOP. Also a poster above mentioned Whoopi deliberately cutting Meghan off when she’s talking to go to break...live television is only alotted a certain amount of time per segment to save room for commercials. Meghan talks in circles and doesn’t get to the point fast enough, and since she has insisted she goes last, she gets cut off because production is literally yellingin your ear to wrap it up. (Honestly I don’t know how anyone can focus with all that happening). And literally nothing she was sayig had anything to do with what they were talking about. This administration’s rhetoric is literally putting targets on these women’s backs and I am scared for them. But, yes let’s talk about them speaking for the Democratic Party as a whole, smh.This is yet another example of how terrible she is at this job, because you would think someone who has worked SEVERAL television jobs would know this and know that if you want to make a point you have to do it fast. 

I have the same neutral feelings about Gabbard. She’s just kind of vanilla and it says a lot when the likes of people like David Duke support what you have to say.   

• Love 18

I totally took the Whoopi thing another way. To me, MM was talking down to her like she’d never heard of those movies and wasn’t aware of this pop culture moment and I felt like Whoopi was reminding her that, “yes, I’m a movie star and am aware that these films existed, thank you very much.”

• Love 8
2 hours ago, falltime said:

I really like Tulsi's white streak of hair.

I do too but think I noticed a line of "new growth" that has a lot of gray.  If so, she has an excellent colorist.   (My sons and I all had some gray hair by age 18)

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Whoopi goes to commercial because the producers in her earpiece are telling her to go to commercial. If you've been watching this show for awhile, you know that she often argues with them, and abruptly goes to commercial. Whoopi is the one who coddles Meghan.

I agree.  If Whoopi allows ANYONE to speak while she's supposed to move to commercial, it's Meghan.  She cuts Sunny off even BEFORE it's time.  Also, she'll always allow Meghan to continue her topic after the commercial, not so with Joy or Sunny.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There is nothing wrong with not having a high SAT vocabulary but do not try to act like you did and sound like an idiot.

...ON NATIONAL TELEVISION !!!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Tammee said:
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So in other words a boring Weds. 

Not for me!  I plan to watch it on the news outlets.  Maybe I WILL be bored, but so far I'm looking forward to it.  Haven't read the report; hoping it comes out on audiobook soon.

• Love 3
(edited)

I apologize to Rep. Seth Moulton (is he related to Sarah?) and I appreciate his service, but ball.snow.hell.chance.

I found it strange when WG stated that she "was" a movie star and Joy said, "Once a movie star, always a movie star." WG said no, that's not how it works and then straight to commercial.  I'd have loved to hear the end of that convo.

I cannot watch another minute of, yet I can't look away from, Sunny's exuberance over the O discount crap.  There's a Queen's flea market with Sunny's name on it.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
  • Jedidiah Bila is a Republican who was cast aside for a senator's daughter who replaced her immediately (her contract had not ended).  She's now one of the Friends on Fox & Friends.
  • Elisabeth Hasselback is definitely a Republican. 
  • I can't recall a time when the show was without a Republican.  I CAN recall when it was a VERY GOOD show that didn't assign party lines to their co-hosts.

Jedediah is a Libertarian.  But you are correct that both she and Elisabeth made sure to get their point across.  And they both did it with more class and respect than Ms. McCain.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, xingu said:

I cannot watch another minute of, yet I can't look away from, Sunny's exuberance over the O discount crap.  There's a Queen's flea market with Sunny's name on it

I think she has always wanted bigger/better things for herself in The World of Showbiz.  She's probably taking acting lessons constantly so she's ready for her big break.  In her mind, this is just a part she's playing (and it's SO cheezy)!  Someday a big movie producer will notice and hire her away from all this Sturm und Drang.