Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, xingu said:

It's audibly available here:  Mueller Report

THANK YOU!  Since it's from Stitcher, maybe my Echo can play it as a podcast...my latest gimmick for late night listening (I'm hooked on "My Favorite Murder".  Thanks again, Xingu!

• Love 2

I aim to please.  You are most certainly welcome.  OOh, now you have me intrigued to see if I can link it to my Echo.  I wish I could say: Alexa, play the part of obstruction of justice again.

What is with the on-again, off-again sunglasses with Joy?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The Mueller report sounds intimidating at 400+ pages, but between all the redactions and the footnotes it comes in somewhere around 200 pages.  I recommend reading it as Joy did.  There was nothing in it I hadn't heard already on Nicole's show or Rachel Maddow's show, but for anyone who doesn't watch MSNBC like I do it will be eye opening.  And the first volume about Russian intervention is scary as hell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I was happy to hear them talk about this again now that the other ladies aren't dancing to McCain's tune of lies and BS anymore. Nobody cares if Tweeden is your friend! If anything, that makes me think much less of her. And, gee, it would've been bad optics for Franken to be sitting there during the Kavanaugh hearing... Oh, wait, that's right, Kavanaugh was put through anyway. So her point is nonsensical as usual.

And I loved that Joy compared Franken to Biden just to stick it in McCain's eye. <3

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

I remember very well the day Meghan marches onstage with Tweeden- THAT was a witch hunt.  THAT was also the day I saw Meghan McCain in a new light.  O used to like her

And just because I’m immature- it’s pronounced Jill-a-brand.  

• Love 12
Just now, geekburger said:

Whoopi seems over MM.....telling her to talk faster!

Joy: She can’t possibly talk fast than she does. To which Sunny snickers.

I HOWLED!   I'm really starting to think she's leaving after this season. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He said that song is his campaign theme. 

Ok thanks, I stupidly thought he was now calling himself Baba O'Reilly 😀😀😀. I've never been a big Who fan.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I love Beto O'Rourke finally putting McCain in her place! And that was after Joy Behar basically acknowledged that McCain dispenses "extreme lies and mendacity" daily on this show.

Me too- and I think the audience was having a good time pissing Meghan off as well

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Whoopi is being incredibly rude during the Beto interview. 

I'll maybe watch later but I just wanted to say why are these women so rude to political guests? I understand trying to pin them down on answers. I just dont think it's necessary to be rude to them. Whoopi and Meghan do it the most. One of the reasons I'm not watching now is because I know how much Meghan McCain dislikes O'Rourke so I'm not sure I need to see it. I  think we all know he has little chance of being the candidate.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10

Sigh. Meghan's criticism of the New Yorker article just makes it look like she lacks reading comprehension. While the article does discuss Tweeden it does NOT, as she claims, ignore the other allegations. For example:

Two of the seven accusers were unnamed women who claimed that he had attempted to kiss them without their consent. Both incidents took place while he was hosting a comedic political show for Air America. One woman got an unwanted kiss on the cheek after turning her head to avoid his mouth. The other sidestepped him.

Does this seem like the writer was ignoring the "other seven"?

I'm not a big fan of Beto, but I'm glad he refused to get caught up in McCain's strawman bullshit. Why should he have to apologize or appease the sensibilities of the people at Trump's rally who were not chanting "Send her back" while criticizing the people who were?

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

One of the reasons I'm not watching now is because I know how much Meghan McCain dislikes O'Rourke so I'm not sure I need to see it. I  think we all know he has little chance of being the candidate.

I knew she would go after him, too, just like she goes after Kamala Harris. Anyone she perceives to be a threat to Joe Biden. I'm happy to say it backfired on her tremendously today. :D She was defending the people who made that blatantly racist, evil chant at the Trump rally in her attempt to attack him. She is disgusting.

• Love 21
(edited)
14 minutes ago, lusinia said:

No, Meghan, the Democrats don't have to win over some of those people at Trump rallies in order to win.

There were plenty of people in 2016 who wanted Hillary to win, but didn't bother to vote, or who voted for some third person.  The country isn't  50/50 Democrats and Republicans, either.  Lots of people are unaffiliated with either party.

And by the way, how long does it take to learn that your show has commercial breaks?  

and that there's a big countdown time clock on top of her camera to see when its time to go!  UGH!!!

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I knew she would go after him, too, just like she goes after Kamala Harris. Anyone she perceives to be a threat to Joe Biden. I'm happy to say it backfired on her tremendously today. 😄 She was defending the people who made that blatantly racist, evil chant at the Trump rally in her attempt to attack him. She is disgusting.

Thank you for this tidbit, I love when Meghan think she has a gotcha moment, only for it to back fire.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Thank you for this tidbit, I love when Meghan think she has a gotcha moment, only for it to back fire.

Which is basically every single time she thinks she has a gotcha question.  It always falls flat or downright backfires.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, lusinia said:

And by the way, how long does it take to learn that your show has commercial breaks?  

Rinse, repeat for Meghan.  Tell it to Whoopi too.  Rinse and repeat many times.

4 hours ago, xingu said:

I aim to please.  You are most certainly welcome.  OOh, now you have me intrigued to see if I can link it to my Echo.  I wish I could say: Alexa, play the part of obstruction of justice again.

Didn't work for me...but maybe there are ways.  I'll keep trying.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

Wow, can’t wait to see Meghan scream about her best friend Leeann  Tweeden

I hope the New Yorker article screams about Meghan's bestie BIG TIME!  She was as big a "groper" as Franken on that USO tour...maybe worse.

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And I loved that Joy compared Franken to Biden just to stick it in McCain's eye. <3

Sorry to monopolize; the show isn't on here yet and I might be commenting out of turn.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Meghan gets huffy when Beto calls out the Trump supporters at his rally. She says they all aren't racist.  Funny how she doesn't want Trump supporters painted with the same brush as Trump but has no problem doing exactly that trying to say all Democrats are like the squad.

She came just short of saying “there were many fine people chanting that”

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I didn't like the photo of Franklin with his his hands above a sleeping women's breasts,and Joy said he didn't touch her, well is that the point Joy? She was asleep.

GropesGuitarist.jpg.92b1c75ec669d03caab4d122567eb83d.jpg

Here she is awake.  Same tour and the guitarist isn't wearing "flak pants."

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

She came just short of saying “there were many fine people chanting that”

Meghan gets very testy having to defend what she thinks is her job to defend.  It's like she can't separate herself from her tribe. And it's also why she gets testy when anything or anyone connected to her tribe gets criticized.  For someone who hates identity politics so much she sure does define herself by hers.

• Love 16

MM's support of Biden is only to point back at HER grief about her dad.

However, I wonder if MM thinks she may get a Cabinet position or other appointment IF Biden wins?

Hmmmmmmmm,   Seriously, I believe she is that deluded by her own self.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Tosia said:

MM's support of Biden is only to point back at HER grief about her dad.

However, I wonder if MM thinks she may get a Cabinet position or other appointment IF Biden wins?

Hmmmmmmmm,   Seriously, I believe she is that deluded by her own self.

Now that you mention this, I wonder how she felt about Biden before her father's death? She goes on and about her admiration of Biden but as you said it's really about her and how he reached out to her during her grief and of course the connection that Biden's son and old man McCain had the same cancer. I never paid attention to Meghan before The View but it sounds like she's never said anything positive about the Obama administration and their polices.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I never paid attention to Meghan before The View but it sounds like she's never said anything positive about the Obama administration and their polices.

Even now when she talks positively about Biden it is never about his time as VP and very little about this policies.  Her love of Biden is all about herself.  How he treated her. How he was friends with her dad.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

No, Meghan, the Democrats don't have to win over some of those people at Trump rallies in order to win.

There were plenty of people in 2016 who wanted Hillary to win, but didn't bother to vote, or who voted for some third person.  The country isn't  50/50 Democrats and Republicans, either.  Lots of people are unaffiliated with either party.

Dear Meg; as a political pundint you should know that the Dems only need to convince enough Trump voters in states like PA, WI, MI, and (unlikely) OH to either switch or stay home.  The rest of the states will fall into their red or blue column.  No one is going to convince the "send her back!" crowd to vote for any Dem, so why should they pretend to try?  Your advice to the guest candidates sucks.

Yeah, Meg's eyeshadow was scary today.  I guess she was going clubbing after the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I talk fondly of people that were close to my father. The people that truly liked or loved him, are foremost in my heart. I think that's a natural reaction on her part.

In terms of Biden though, Meghan says he's the only Dem she'll vote for, but has yet to mention a single policy of his - as far as I know - that she supports. I understand feeling close to him because of his relationship with her father and the rest of their family, but she's basing her vote on that and that alone. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Meghan gets huffy when Beto calls out the Trump supporters at his rally. She says they all aren't racist.  Funny how she doesn't want Trump supporters painted with the same brush as Trump but has no problem doing exactly that trying to say all Democrats are like the squad.

Right.  If she can keep yelling that the democratic party is the "party of infanticide", then the Republicans can be the "party of racism".  

1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

They all kept saying due process, due process. I think they forget that many men stepped away from their jobs etc without due process. The me too movement put everyone on high alert. I didn't like the photo of Franken with his his hands above a sleeping women's breasts,and Joy said he didn't touch her, well is that the point Joy? She was asleep.

He was a comedian at the time, and they were doing a tour where they did that kind of comedy.  

11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Even now when she talks positively about Biden it is never about his time as VP and very little about this policies.  Her love of Biden is all about herself.  How he treated her. How he was friends with her dad.

Biden's son died of the same cancer that Meghan's father died of - you know, they worst kind of cancer ever, the only kind that counts, the  kind that leads to true grief that the family never recovers from! 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Your advice to the guest candidates sucks.

It always does.  I think Meghan wants them to try to win over her.  And in order for them to do that they would  have to become Republicans.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
Just now, Sarah Heart said:
5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

He was a comedian at the time, and they were doing a tour where they did that kind of comed

I didn't find it funny, nothing more to be said, except the woman was asleep.

I do need to say more.  I also didn't find it funny; probably the participants are the only ones who did.  There were lots of shenanigans on those trips. Still, the unfair double standard cost a man his job--and what happened to the woman?  Meghan brought her on the show as a shining light.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

and that there's a big countdown time clock on top of her camera to see when its time to go!  UGH!!!

[stomps back into room]......and another thing... WHY are they running over??  Its not like it happens once a week, it happens every break, every day..does Colbert, Trevor, Fallon, Ellen ANY OTHER TALK SHOW do this?  I get that the shows I mentioned are not live, so then how about the news?  both local and national.  They manage to get to break on time.....[shakes fist at sky and leaves room.....again]

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

But he wasn't the only man to lose his job, many men did, and once again,  without due process.,Meghan didn't bring her on, the show did.She doesn't have that much pull. Didn't they say today, there were 7 other women.? To be perfectly honest, I've never liked Franken, I find him creepy. The picture they showed cements that fact.

Meghan acted like she had the scoop of the century the day Tweeden was on the show.  She also announced that Tweeden was in the show because of their closeness.  I absolutely think that picture was taken out of context.  Leeann was acting just as raunchy as the men were.  I did not find her credible the day she was on the View- at all.  I also remember Meghan brow-beating everyone about it for days later about wether or not they thought her friend was lying.  Sarah lost points with me because she caved and told Meghan she believed her

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

Wasn't it Joy that asked the reparations question this time, jumping onto Sunny's turf? Also Sunny got cut off by Whoopi and wasn't able to get in her rapid fire questions (which usually included the reparations question). This is a good thing in my mind. Shake things up. A candidate interview shouldn't be a skit where each person plays a certain role.

• Love 6

Am I the only one finding these almost daily political appearances tiresome?   I can barely pay any attention to what they are saying anymore, it is all running into a big giant bowl of word salad, one that has been left out overnight and is limp and wilted.  Most of these people will be out of the spotlight in short time.  Even though I am retired and have all kinds of time now, I don’t want to waste much more of it on this.  But I can’t stop hate watching due to my fomo.   And as far as the Betos go, I find them both phony.  Maybe it’s because, for me anyway,  she is very Nancy Reganesque (sp?) in her adoring gaze almost always on  Her Man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13