Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She wants Democrats to shift right to win her over. 

To sway her opinion, maybe, but would she vote for ANY Democrat other than Uncle Joe (or is he a cousin)?

46 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Is Meghan extra loud today?

Is that still possible?

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

I thought that was a pretty good discussion today, except for Meg’s continuing belief that she knows what is best for the Dems. Joy and Ana and Sunny said a lot of things that I’ve been saying. 

Does it seem like Meg has a thing for Tulsi Gabbard?

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I loved that Sunny broke her silence just to jab Meghan 😂

So sad though.  It was fun to watch the freeze-out.  Hope it's not truly over.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

So sad though.  It was fun to watch the freeze-out.  Hope it's not truly over.

I don't think it's over. I think Sunny was just annoyed that Meghan kept giggling and saying it's creepy then saying her husband calls her babe. When Sunny and Ana and were saying it's a cultural thing.  Megs Mother comment is not at all the same. Nobody wants to be called mother. I even hated when my teenage daughter did it, but I think that's why she did it 😉

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:
1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

YES SUNNY!  Get those people out that didn't vote last time.  Forget about these racist, xenophobic Trump supporters.  Finally somebody had the cojones to say it on the show! 

EXACTLY!  So glad to hear it was finally said.  It was a difference of 70,000 votes ffs!  Certainly the dems can get 70K voters.  Not R or I voters to switch but those that sat out.

Michael Moore presented an interesting strategy last night on Stephen Colbert.  Even if you don't like him, this is an interesting 3minutes.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Michael Moore presented an interesting strategy last night on Stephen Colbert.  Even if you don't like him, this is an interesting 3minutes.

That was very interesting!  And a good strategy.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Also, Ana telling Megan that she has been a Republican since she was 28 years old was so great.  It was said during alot of cross-talk, the animosity between the ladies is palpable. This was a response to Megan saying that she was the only Republican at the table. 

And then after Ana's response Meghan switched it to she was the conservative at the table.  Ana didn't say anything else, but II wonder what she thought about that. 

• Love 18

I thought McCain wasn’t bothered by the N word. At least that’s what she said when Howard Stern was there and Sunny brought it up. I don’t often think about how the ladies look, but McCain looked pretty bad today, imo. Her neck seemed huge. Sunny is often the best co-host on this show, even if Ana and Joy have better TV personalities. From blowing up the false narrative that Trump voters are the only ones that matter in the first segment to her crack about McCain's husband later in the show--she was on fire today.

I love Tituss Burgess. I’ll have to pick up his album sometime. I wish I could get it now, but I'm broke.

• Love 15

Advanced issues found

30 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Also, Ana telling Megan that she has been a Republican since she was 28 years old was so great.  It was said during alot of cross-talk, the animosity between the ladies is palpable. This was a response to Megan saying that she was the only Republican at the table. 

yes. Yes. YES. YES. Drag her!

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought McCain wasn’t bothered by the N word. At least that’s what she said when Howard Stern was there and Sunny brought it up. I don’t often think about how the ladies look, but McCain looked pretty bad today, imo. Her neck seemed huge. Sunny is often the best co-host on this show, even if Ana and Joy have better TV personalities. From blowing up the false narrative that Trump voters are the only ones that matter in the first segment to her crack about McCain's husband later in the show--she was on fire today.

I love Tituss Burgess. I’ll have to pick up his album sometime. I wish I could get it now, but I'm broke.

I forgot about Meghan not being offended by the Howard's show. She's an idiot. Sunny was bringing up the fact that the N word was used freely on his show and how offensive she found that. Of course Meghan has to pipe up and let us know she was never offended omg, stfu Meghan. 

Here's a quote from an article about that show. It refreshed my memory. 

"Just before the commercial break, fellow panelist Meghan McCain weighed in. “I grew up listening to you, Cindy McCain is my mother, I love the show forever. I was never offended,” said McCain"

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

(I posted this earlier, first by accident in the Meghan thread; I retyped it here and deleted it in the other thread, but somehow it got deleted here too.) 

"Statistical people"?

Meghan completely ignored what Sunny said about not needing Trump voters, and said again that Democrats need them to win.

She says this over and over and over again, I believe, because she wants the Democrats to nominate someone moderate enough that SHE is comfortable voting for.

Edited by lusinia
Strayed into my political opinion
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

You know who as Whoopie would say, won 70, 000 votes from 3 different states, giving him the electoral college. He did not win 80,000 votes from Wisconsin alone.  

That's right! Sadly, I knew this, but apparently none of the co-hosts of the View did.  And I am a Canuck.  🙃

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, bannana said:

I am worried she might get a kink in her neck with all the facing to the right.  I hope she is doing neck exercises at home to ensure she is balanced. 😆

Maybe we should all chip in and send her one of these.  It's portable and easy for travel, too! 

a0eb9a6f389902b9c613574ecb5d361f.jpg.4b3ca89b19ddd9f9a8adc4b9108f6cc0.jpg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

Someone mentioned they aren’t in the morning meetings together and I guess the producer showing Megan the video proves it. They had morning meetings together when Bitsey was there but she and Sweaty  Gedde had their one on one. 

Must be very stressful. 

Joy had to ask Megan several times to contribute which is odd.   Then MM  acts all offended about having to talk about her personal life?  Please. Her all time favorite memory is watching mock debates as a child. She’s full of shit. 

I have heard someone call their dog mommy and that had me scratching my head. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

Someone mentioned they aren’t in the morning meetings together and I guess the producer showing Megan the video proves it. They had morning meetings together when Bitsey was there but she and Sweaty  Gedde had their one on one. 

Must be very stressful. 

Joy had to ask Megan several times to contribute which is odd.   Then MM  acts all offended about having to talk about her personal life?  Please. Her all time favorite memory is watching mock debates as a child. She’s full of shit. 

Yes, that was so interesting that NutMeg decided to verify the Daily Mail article by saying her producer showed her the video.  Hmmm.....

Re her personal life, she keeps saying she doesn't drink during the week.  Then she says she cannot attend Luann's cabaret because it is late and who wants to attend a cabaret and not drink.  While that may be true, why does she say that, she is just opening herself up again to attacks about her drinking?  She loves throwing all this personal shit out there so that then she can be criticized and play the victim.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I will say...that I’m really tired of her starting every comment with I will say!  And boy was she rude today! And that constant stern look....is it the only way she can concentrate on listening?  If so, it’s not working as she doesn’t listen that well.

• Love 16

I also loved Sunny, Anna and Joy talking about socializing at Don Lemon's engagement party.  It was a subtle dig at Megan, letting her know that she was excluded.. Megan looked a bit taken aback that they were hanging out with a housewife. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

I live in WV so Meghan can just STFU. Sunny wasn't saying Democrats should ignore swing states.  She said Democrats should go after the people who didn't vote in 2016.  As Joy said if his base hasn't deserted him yet they never will.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I don't see that. I don't go to a cabaret and not have a drink and  I'd love to see Luanne, it looks like  fun. But when my husband has an early call, any drinking is off the menu.

If anyone looked hungover today, Sunny did. she even flung on a pair of ugly earrings

She is the one who said she cannot attend a cabaret and not drink.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Minor note, but this is Late Night with Seth Meyers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I will say...that I’m really tired of her starting every comment with I will say!  And boy was she rude today! And that constant stern look....is it the only way she can concentrate on listening?  If so, it’s not working as she doesn’t listen that well.

Duh! That's the face you make when you're a bonafide real-life serious political pundint! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Nobody wants to be called mother. I even hated when my teenage daughter did it, but I think that's why she did it 😉

OMG!  We called our mom "mumma" and when we were mad we would parade through the kitchen and say, "Mother".  She would yell, "You might as well say the fuck you too".

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I also loved Sunny, Anna and Joy talking about socializing at Don Lemon's engagement party.  It was a subtle dig at Megan, letting her know that she was excluded.. Megan looked a bit taken aback that they were hanging out with a housewife. 

[cues up the Hulu]

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Sunny  ❤️ 🙌     MM is so threatened by Ana. MM has complained in the past about people saying she isn't conservative/repub. enough, yet she does the same to Ana.

MM: as the republican at this table...

Ana: I'm a registered republican. I've been a republican since I was 8.

MM: I'm the conservative at the table, sorry honey. As the conservative at this table the democrats don't automatically get my vote.

I usually don't care for their Housewives discussions but today's segment was very entertaining.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don’t often think about how the ladies look, but McCain looked pretty bad today, imo. Her neck seemed huge.

I don't think her clothes fit, she kept adjusting and looked uncomfortable. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, falltime said:

I don't think her clothes fit, she kept adjusting and looked uncomfortable. 

You mean she’s not a size 12?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Minor note, but this is Late Night with Seth Meyers.

Minor note?  Minor note, Alexis2291...it was a big error.  It was MY ERROR and I acknowledge that it was a BIG ERROR!  Mea Culpa and thanks for correcting it.

(Perhaps I love both hosts equally; I have no other excuse)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:
3 hours ago, bannana said:

She is the one who said she cannot attend a cabaret and not drink.

I agree with her, I can't either. Plus she mentioned an early call.

And...since I do watch this particular Housewives franchise (and only this one), I know that The Countess (another female who considers others beneath her) has said (too often) that it's very difficult to perform "in cabaret" and not be able to drink.  She's only not drinking because of arrests/probation/more ... and having to blow into some little alcohol-detector several times a day.  All her "friends" agree that although she cannot sing (she'll never belive that), she IS a good performer and her show is entertaining.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan looked a bit taken aback that they were hanging out with a housewife. 

If Andy Cohen would offer her a Housewife spot, she'd JUMP at the chance.  I don't think his nomination would get past any Housewives in any of the cities.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, lusinia said:

And then after Ana's response Meghan switched it to she was the conservative at the table.

Oh yeah!  Meghan's nothing if not exclusive:

• The only
  • The best
  • The first
  • The prettiest
  • The smartest 
  • The only Size 12
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

MM had the nerve to say I'm the only conservative,"honey".  Anna is a saint, for not responding to that.  Hopefully production appreciates what she brings.  

And politically speaking the only difference between MM and Anna is that Anna is pro-choice (I think, or at least not staunchly pro life/no exceptions) and anti-Trump.   Otherwise, both believe in small government, pro-business, and low taxes.  

Edited by After7Only
Adding the comma, Thanks HaaCHOO :)
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I watch it. I love Lu, the others ,not so much.

I usually have "odd man out taste" and it's fine with me.  Bethenny is my favorite now the Carol Radziwill didn't come back.  I've watched it since Day One and could never stand that entitled Countess (did you watch it when she was first on the show?).  I do think she is fabulous looking-- naturally: height, figure, hair...everything.  She's too pretentitious* and dishonest for me.

I used to watch Beverly Hills and Orange County (I think OC was the first).  I hadn't seen Beverly Hills in so long and for some reason I watched their reunion.  It was interesting but I didn't know what was going on.  Andy Cohen is a little dick who figured out that we LOVE our TRASH TV.

*Still pretentitious even though she's been knocked off her high horse(s) many times.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

MM had the nerve to say I'm the only conservative "honey".

I'm glad you mentioned that (and I need a comma after "conservative").  I meant to call her out for that.  It's a bitch move...BIG TIME.  I was surprised there was no reaction--from anyone.  Wouldn't it have been fun for Ana and Sunny to say something about that on the air...in Spanish...only to each other?

¿Miel? ¿Miel? Esa estúpida gringa necesita una lección.  (thank you, Google Translate).  Meghan will understand "estupida gringa" just fine.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm glad you mentioned that (and I need a comma after "conservative").  I meant to call her out for that.  It's a bitch move...BIG TIME.  I was surprised there was no reaction--from anyone.  Wouldn't it have been fun for Ana and Sunny to say something about that on the air...in Spanish...only to each other?

¿Miel? ¿Miel? Esa estúpida gringa necesita una lección.  (thank you, Google Translate).  Meghan will understand "estupida gringa" just fine.

Lol

Don't go calling your loved ones miel. It doesn't translate well and actually means honey, as in bees.

And while we're at it, titere is puppet. I use it regularly in my bilingual classroom. Sunny said that in PR it means hoodlum, but I think that's just slang. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Don't go calling your loved ones miel. It doesn't translate well and actually means honey, as in bees.

Thanks, Bliss.  She probably meant puta anyway.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I agree with her, I can't either. Plus she mentioned an early call.

The point she was making was that there is no point in going to a cabaret if you cannot drink.  Who would want to go to a cabaret and not drink, is what she was saying.  And yes, she said it was a late show.  

But she eliminated the idea of going to a late cabaret if one could not drink.

I actually don't disagree with her, I am just saying, maybe she should keep that whole part of her social requirements to herself, since she doesn't want people to know her private business.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Another thing I remembered (because I put a Post-It note on the arm of my chair) Megan's saying, "Those of us who have campaigned...many times," that little snot!  She's just better than everyone sitting at The View table. 

The Princess emphasized "have," and I wanted to add, "And those of us who have not been fired AND thrown off our own sainted father's campaign bus...."

• LOL 12
  • Love 11

Sunnys icing out of MM is so uncomfortable to watch. It’s like a bad thanksgiving dinner with a giant elephant in the room (no pun intended) that needs to either stopped full out or discussed. I don’t know if TPTB think the viewers aren’t noticing it or if they think it’ll all just blow over, but I think it’s to the point where it looks super unprofessional and makes the vibe around the table so uncomfortable.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Sunnys icing out of MM is so uncomfortable to watch. It’s like a bad thanksgiving dinner with a giant elephant in the room (no pun intended) that needs to either stopped full out or discussed. I don’t know if TPTB think the viewers aren’t noticing it or if they think it’ll all just blow over, but I think it’s to the point where it looks super unprofessional and makes the vibe around the table so uncomfortable.

They only have one more week and then a month off. We’ll have to wait to see what happens when they return. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I never notice it, well until it was mentioned here. It seems a very 10 year old thing to do.

Well, considering McCain is an overgrown toddler, hitting her at her level is the appropriate response, imo. McCain has been Mean Girl-ing the rest of the panel for ages. I'm glad they're giving it back to her in spades, mocking her and laughing among themselves like she's not even there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I never notice it, well until it was mentioned here. It seems a very 10 year old thing to do.

I don't either, probably because I don't care for either of them.

I noticed it and I appreciate it.  I think it may have started after Sunny's rep threatened legal action when Meghan's husband (not sure if he's the culprit) spread the rumor that Sunny is "the leaker."  Also, hasn't Meghan told Sunny, "Don't look at me like that," so Sunny is playing Meghan's game.  Childish, sure...but aren't we all at times?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13