Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 7/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, Haleth said:

Gee, I wonder who Sunny meant when talking about a friend who shows you who she really is?  And then that person being dead to her?

Joy's participating in this whole exchange was the cherry on top of a wonderful shade sundae. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15

Seems to me if you’re such a political pundit raised for politics since birth, the you’d learn how to pronounce candidates’ names.  Kirsten Gillibrand is pronounced as jillibrand (as someone noted earlier). I even looked it up to be sure.   That’s the least MM could do as well and then out it in here blue cards.  I also thin Franken got a raw deal.  There are photos of Shannon doing similar things to guys (I think one was a soldier volunteer) by grabbing butts, etc.  sorry, not buying the whole act especially when it came out she was buddies with Hannity.  I think Rs we’re afraid of Frankens popularity ( which some said was the reason Kirsten came out so strongly and why some D donors said they wouldn’t donate to her for doing that).  

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Seems to me if you’re such a political pundit raised for politics since birth the womb, the you’d learn how to pronounce candidates’ names.  Kirsten Gillibrand is pronounced as jillibrand (as someone noted earlier). I even looked it up to be sure.   That’s the least MM could do as well and then out it in here blue cards.  I also thin Franken got a raw deal.  There are photos of Shannon doing similar things to guys (I think one was a soldier volunteer) by grabbing butts, etc.  sorry, not buying the whole act especially when it came out she was buddies with Hannity.  I think Rs we’re afraid of Frankens popularity ( which some said was the reason Kirsten came out so strongly and why some D donors said they wouldn’t donate to her for doing that).  

fixed it.  🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

No,I'm weary of it as well. I don't tune in everyday, my head would pop! :-)

I'll blame myself when I'm completely ig-nernt, but for now I fast-forward through every candidate this powerful political daytime show tries to force upon me.  Because of too many commercials, I always watch on the DVR.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Even though I am retired and have all kinds of time now, I don’t want to waste much more of it on this.

I agree...and I don't.  I watch the show but not the candidates; occasionally this forum will suck me into watching a short video, but that's because I love and trust you guys (most of you guys).

And as far as the Betos go, I find them both phony.  Maybe it’s because, for me anyway,  she is very Nancy Reganesque (sp?) in her adoring gaze almost always on  Her Man.

This stuff is always entertaining to me.  I brainwashed my kids (starting in the 70s) joke-watching the various TV evangeli$t$ and their "adoring" wives.  I call these Political Wife 101 and Minister's Wife 101.  It's a talent that some work on all their lives.  Husbands' courses haven't started; heck, they're barely allowed to show their faces.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Am I the only one finding these almost daily political appearances tiresome?   I can barely pay any attention to what they are saying anymore, it is all running into a big giant bowl of word salad, one that has been left out overnight and is limp and wilted.  Most of these people will be out of the spotlight in short time.  

If I remember correctly the View goes on hiatus pretty much the whole month of August.  By the time they come back in September, hopefully the herd will have thinned some.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

I want to say something about hair...but first

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

So Meghan can shut the fuck up until she knows what she is talking about.  

I needed Natalie68's comment to be seen again.

Yesterday Sunny's hair looked like a long hooker wig that had just been plopped-from-above right before she hurried to the set.  Get rid of that look!

Today we saw how really thin/wispy Meghan's blonde hair is.  A ponytail is not her friend.  Because she was so confused  about a commercial break and whipping her head/chair around at one point we also saw how brassy the color is under that ponytail.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Removed a second "really" within the same sentence. I'm better than that--or used to be.
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

[stomps back into room]......and another thing... WHY are they running over??  Its not like it happens once a week, it happens every break, every day..does Colbert, Trevor, Fallon, Ellen ANY OTHER TALK SHOW do this?  I get that the shows I mentioned are not live, so then how about the news?  both local and national.  They manage to get to break on time.....[shakes fist at sky and leaves room.....again]

Is this an answer?  Because we have Whoopi "Asleep at the Wheel" as moderator and Meghan "I'm Her Princess and You're Not" who obviously don't have to follow the instructions of Meghan's Executive Producer...or the FCC. (or did our President get rid of that commission too?)

8 minutes ago, After7Only said:

By the time they come back in September, hopefully the herd will have thinned some.  

Rats!  You mean the candidates, right?  I thought you meant the women at the table.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Wasn't it Joy that asked the reparations question this time, jumping onto Sunny's turf? Also Sunny got cut off by Whoopi and wasn't able to get in her rapid fire questions (which usually included the reparations question). This is a good thing in my mind. Shake things up. A candidate interview shouldn't be a skit where each person plays a certain role.

Oh but it is.  Everyone stays in their lane on this show. Same sh!t different day.

• Love 2

HEY!  Whoopi's disinterested attitude and body language got called out by one of today's guests, the cute and positive star, Kofi Siriboe--during his interview.  He noticed what she was doing and pointed it out...so the camera caught it AND so did the audience.  Good going, Kofi.  Still, nuthin' stops The Whoop.

Should I have checked her "page" before posting this?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Because she was so confused  about a commercial break and whipping her head/chair around at one point we also saw how brassy the color is under that ponytail.

Did it not also look like she had extensions under that ponytail?  When she whipped her head around there were these weird  blond knots, so I assume those were extensions.

Edited by bannana
grammar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Had to go look, lol. I honestly don’t know anything about blonde color processing. But looking again, the scene was so funny. “What am I doing wrong (annoyed)?” And Joy saying Meg can’t talk any faster. Meggie looked pissed after, as usual. 

B54EA38D-7B59-4219-8B99-2C33C30064E8.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Had to go look, lol. I honestly don’t know anything about blonde color processing. But looking again, the scene was so funny. “What am I doing wrong (annoyed)?” And Joy saying Meg can’t talk any faster. Meggie looked pissed after, as usual. 

Brassy and knotty, guilty as charged. Lock her up, LOL 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

During the episode I couldn't make out what Joy said so thank y'all for typing it. “She can't talk any faster than she does already” 😂 Thankfully The View youtube page didn't edit that part out so I can watch it over.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

What a mess!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Oh, and that picture reminded me that we could see her utility bra above her laced up blouse.

I am all for a sports bra aka utility bra.  But if you are on TV, you might want to go lacy pretty.

In all fairness, it might have been a fancy bra, but we saw the utility part.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, falltime said:

giphy.gif

@falltime you always come through with the fire GIFS 😂 she just looks so CONFUSED, with her head darting around like that...she is just so bad at this job. That’s also the first time I’ve seen Sunny crack a smile at anything McCain related, and she still did it without looking in her direction...that wall of ice is palpable on tv, I can just imagine how it is behind the scenes.

• Love 5

While I love "Baba O'Reilly" since Pearl Jam closes lots of their shows with it, I think the more appropriate Who song is "Won't Get Fooled Again."  

Beto, get out of the presidential race and try the senator thing again.  There's way more than a snowball's chance in hell with that one.  

And since Beto's been on once before, I hope that means we are spared Sunny's policy speed round.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
17 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Meghan didn't bring her on, the show did.She doesn't have that much pull.

How many agree that she DOES have that much pull?  

I absolutely believe Meghan gets to bring on guests she wants simply because the producers are probably afraid if they don't let her have her way she will have a full on tantrum. She is basically at 34 yr. old toddler.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I wish that question was genuinely asked. Instead of her playing a victim. 

I don't know what to make of her hair.😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, xingu said:

And Meghan, dear, TV hosts are supposed to pretend their is no one in your ear.  Professionals can listen to the producers' input and act accordingly without having a hissy fit.  She continually breaks the fourth-wall.  And I don't like it.

This. MM does it so much that I'm convinced that:

a) she is that stupid;

b) she is untrainable, i.e., not able to learn how to act professionally on tv--directions are in one ear and out the other;

c) she is too moronic to understand how valuable time is on tv--in the sense of getting a cogent message out, as well as the $ underlying a show's existence--wait, of course, she NEVER will have to be concerned with money (Duh, me  smacking head V8 style);

d) she is just so fucking narcissistic that she thinks it's cute and draws attention to her;  

e) she is in the habit of blaming others; 

f) she uses/voices the earpiece directions to distract from her inability to actually having to come up with a genuine response. 

All of the above for you SAT veterans out there. 

Good Lord, how do Joy and Sunny NOT have fucking migraines after every show from dealing with MM's idiocy? 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Good Lord, how do Joy and Sunny NOT have fucking migraines after every show from dealing with MM's idiocy? 

I'm sure they do.  Which helps explain both of them more or less just throwing their hands up with regard to Meghan.  Sunny has negligible interaction with her and Joy only when necessary. It has been enjoyable watching Meghan get the deep freeze at the table. Even Whoopi seems to over her.

• Love 12
(edited)

I vote for g) all of the above.

Big money alleviates a lot of the pain.

Putting aside her idiocy, I just don't understand how Disney/ABC can tolerate her unprofessional attitude. She's just a rude, petulant child with FU money.  The worst kind.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, xingu said:

I vote for g) all of the above.

Big money alleviates a lot of the pain.

But it doesn't repair the soul of your being. 

(Not religious). 

Like Joy said abt Kourtney Kardashian's depression, it's an inside job-- in response to MM's response that KK has everything (money can buy), so she should not be depressed. 

Luckily, Sunny and Joy and even Whoopi have close family and good--real--friends to shore up their spirits.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Like Joy said abt Kourtney Kardashian's depression, it's an inside job-- in response to MM's response that KK has everything (money can buy), so she should not be depressed. 

Has Meghan never read about people who had money, power, prestige, looks, everything Americans are "supposed" to strive for, yet they committed suicide in the depths of depression?  She's an uninformed idiot who does her political party a major disservice.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Has Meghan never read about people who had money, power, prestige, looks, everything Americans are "supposed" to strive for, yet they committed suicide in the depths of depression?  She's an uninformed idiot who does her political party a major disservice.

Kate Spade immediately comes to mind.  Also Meghan is clearly depressed even if she won't acknowledge it.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, xingu said:

I'm seriously considering a GoFundMe page to send Meghan to the "Nicolle Wallace School of How to Interview Guests With Whom You Happen to Disagree".  It's called civility.

And there's always the Seth Meyers School.  He is more than civil.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, cathaireverywhere said:

And since Beto's been on once before, I hope that means we are spared Sunny's policy speed round.  

The View's Stoopid Speed Round is a lazy waste of time for the writer, for the host (usually Sunny) required to ask the questions like a perky game show host, for the victim, and for us.  We need to be spared henceforth.

• Love 12

She's an uninformed idiot who does her political party a major disservice.

I respectfully disagree; I think she does her party a great service.  She daily spews the rhetoric of the right, showing their hypocrisy and the lazy action (or inaction) of the Republican leaders.  She's so dumb that she doesn't realize that she's actually dissing her own party.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

And there's always the Seth Meyers School.

If only.  I would pay big bucks for the Seth Meyers School with Nicolle as a guest lecturer. But only if MM was their only enrollee.  And it was streaming.  Live.  Everywhere.

Am I mistaken, or is this the first time we have had a regular co-host (Abby) not been replaced by a regular melange of substitute hosts?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, xingu said:

I respectfully disagree; I think she does her party a great service.  She daily spews the rhetoric of the right, showing their hypocrisy and the lazy action (or inaction) of the Republican leaders.  She's so dumb that she doesn't realize that she's actually dissing her own party.

She thinks she is being an example of a reasonable Republican.  I wonder how many actual reasonable Republicans watch the View and cringe at Meghan's behavior.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, xingu said:

Am I mistaken, or is this the first time we have had a regular co-host (Abby) not been replaced by a regular melange of substitute hosts?

Meghan won't allow it?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

No show today?  I know the hearings are on but Wendy is still airing.

It was announced that this show and others would be preempted due to the Mueller Hearing. I believe it was posted here, up thread on the first page.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

But it doesn't repair the soul of your being. 

(Not religious). 

Luckily, Sunny and Joy and even Whoopi have close family and good--real--friends to shore up their spirits.

If she really thinks this why are viewers always being subjected to her mood disorder (hers has the official name stankfacesilverspoonitus).  She, as was said above, has FU money.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Be prepared for a whole lot of gloating and pontificating about what the Dems have to do from Meg today. 

EDIT: Never mind ... don't want to break the no-political-discussion rules.

Edited by heysmilinstrange
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

You know, Meghan's missing her calling.  She enjoys interrogating people so much she should take her talents into a law enforcement or legal career.  Criminals would just crack under her withering stare.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

I was only half listening since I was explaining what a laptop is to a Verizon employee, but, I'm having a little problem understanding Whoopie's point on most everything she is saying today.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4