Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

Poor Dan Abrams, but his face as they went to commercial made me laugh. He really got caught in a crossfire. Good for Whoopi not letting McCain go on an idiotic spiel.

Too bad David Spade wasn't there. I don't know why Whoopi has "woke up" lately. Methinks she hasn't signed a new contract yet either....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

I watched a bit of the show today and made it as far as Meghan trying and failing to land a Gotcha moment with Adam Schiff.  My 3 takeaways from today are:  Joy's eyes look painful and it was making me feel uncomfortable for her just looking at them (last time I watched, she was still sporting the shades); Whoopi comes off angry and mad as hell right from the jump and she needs to tone down the yelling and try and at least "act" like she wants to be there, because like she reminded us this morning, she is an actress; and lastly, Ana is still as always, awesome. 

• Love 22
28 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I watched a bit of the show today and made it as far as Meghan trying and failing to land a Gotcha moment with Adam Schiff.  My 3 takeaways from today are:  Joy's eyes look painful and it was making me feel uncomfortable for her just looking at them (last time I watched, she was still sporting the shades); Whoopi comes off angry and mad as hell right from the jump and she needs to tone down the yelling and try and at least "act" like she wants to be there, because like she reminded us this morning, she is an actress; and lastly, Ana is still as always, awesome. 

They tried to do a cat-eye thing with Joy's makeup, and she's too old for that (I don't mean that as an insult, but you get some looser skin above your eyes as you age, and that makeup look doesn't work much past 40). I think that was the big issue today. 

I loved Whoopi saying Mueller should get an Oscar. I don't necessarily agree with any of the prevailing sentiment yesterday that he seems to be failing (stumbling, not with it, you know what I mean), but I still laughed like hell. 

• Love 8

Meghan should just give up on the gotcha question, because it's the same every time. A big fat FAIL.

Joy should keep the glasses. I love her, but now when she doesn't wear them, I find myself staring at her eyes instead of listening to what she's saying.

I hate to admit it, but Fred Savage made me laugh. He's got that hyper persona, a little like Jerry O'Connell. When they were both auditioning to be Kelly Ripa's sidekick, I thought they were trying too hard, but apparently they're just naturally extra. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Joy's eyes look painful and it was making me feel uncomfortable for her just looking at them (last time I watched, she was still sporting the shades).

I've had cataract surgery on both eyes (two separate surgeries).  I was told not to wear ANY eye make-up for six weeks after, I think that is the standard rule.  I believe that Joy was wearing eye make-up before that. I never really thought about what would happen if you need it for your job.  Also, you are putting multiple drops in your eyes throughout the day for several weeks.

My first surgery was easy-peasy.  Second not so much, I had a terrible problem with dry-eye (common, I hear) which was downright painful for about three months.  I was told it would eventually go away and it did.  I wonder if Joy is having some of the same problems.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

I hate to admit it, but Fred Savage made me laugh. He's got that hyper persona, a little like Jerry O'Connell

We LOVE Fred Savage and tried to support his new show.  Watched it twice.  Too painful, but clever use of his hyper self.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Whoopi comes off angry and mad as hell right from the jump and she needs to tone down the yelling and try and at least "act" like she wants to be there, because like she reminded us this morning, she is an actress;

Even if she enhances her angry act, nothing will ever happen to Whoopi.   Meghan is The Princess of The View and Whoopi is The Queen of Disney.

7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Ana is still as always, awesome. 

Ditto, CementHead.  What a special lady!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

Meghan should just give up on the gotcha question, because it's the same every time. A big fat FAIL.

Joy should keep the glasses. I love her, but now when she doesn't wear them, I find myself staring at her eyes instead of listening to what she's saying.

I hate to admit it, but Fred Savage made me laugh. He's got that hyper persona, a little like Jerry O'Connell. When they were both auditioning to be Kelly Ripa's sidekick, I thought they were trying too hard, but apparently they're just naturally extra. 

Fred Savage and Jack Dylan Grazer(Shazam) should do a movie together. They both have that exact personality we see in both movies and interviews.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, she said: he wasn't as "adverse" on the details in the report as someone whose name was on the report. 🤣 

She suggested he was a figurehead and Abrams shut that shit down.  After he got over his puzzlement at the use of the word adverse.  🙃

She also used "daunting" incorrectly. 😏 

She said she found it "daunting" that Mueller could not remember meeting with Rosenstein, and didn't know the name of the President who appointed him.  (That could be because he had a lengthy and illustrious career and was appointed by multiple Presidents to important roles.)

I usually cannot tolerate Whoopi but today she made me so happy when she left NutMeg speechless.  NutMeg was all set with her blue cards containing her deep political analysis of Mueller's testimony.  Whoopi cut her off to proclaim that Mueller was ACTING!  Whether that is true or not, it was hilarious to see poor NutMeg completely thrown by Whoopi, who then reminded her that she is an ACTRESS! so she would know.

Nutmeg's big observations on the entire day of testimony were:

1. Mueller hadn't memorized his entire 400+ page report, so therefore he must not have written it and doesn't know what it contains.  Of course, NutMeg  cannot memorize one blue card.
  2. People were calling Mueller's performance frail, low energy and a disappointment.
  3. Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd were critical of his performance.

Wow, NutMeg, deep analysis!  I guess she just missed everything else while she was serving up her chili and JD.

As for Whoopi's theory, it is not that far off.  I watched most of the day, and Mueller clearly was stalling several times and being uncooperative.  Not sure he was acting frail, but that was the way some took his efforts to evade, to flip through the doc, to ask them to repeat the question.  But he sure was not frail when he clearly called the Pres a lying liar who lies. 🤥

A friend said that Mueller is a perfect example of someone hard of hearing not coming off smart. ( we both are hard of hearing age related)

A lecture room is the worst but I a

so think he was being very cautious. 

Good call on Nancy Grace like.  She was hunched over and stern looking. Or is that a strong Republican woman? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, she said: he wasn't as "adverse" on the details in the report as someone whose name was on the report. 🤣 

She suggested he was a figurehead and Abrams shut that shit down.  After he got over his puzzlement at the use of the word adverse.  🙃

She also used "daunting" incorrectly. 😏 

She said she found it "daunting" that Mueller could not remember meeting with Rosenstein, and didn't know the name of the President who appointed him.  (That could be because he had a lengthy and illustrious career and was appointed by multiple Presidents to important roles.)

I usually cannot tolerate Whoopi but today she made me so happy when she left NutMeg speechless.  NutMeg was all set with her blue cards containing her deep political analysis of Mueller's testimony.  Whoopi cut her off to proclaim that Mueller was ACTING!  Whether that is true or not, it was hilarious to see poor NutMeg completely thrown by Whoopi, who then reminded her that she is an ACTRESS! so she would know.

Nutmeg's big observations on the entire day of testimony were:

1. Mueller hadn't memorized his entire 400+ page report, so therefore he must not have written it and doesn't know what it contains.  Of course, NutMeg  cannot memorize one blue card.
  2. People were calling Mueller's performance frail, low energy and a disappointment.
  3. Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd were critical of his performance.

Wow, NutMeg, deep analysis!  I guess she just missed everything else while she was serving up her chili and JD.

As for Whoopi's theory, it is not that far off.  I watched most of the day, and Mueller clearly was stalling several times and being uncooperative.  Not sure he was acting frail, but that was the way some took his efforts to evade, to flip through the doc, to ask them to repeat the question.  But he sure was not frail when he clearly called the Pres a lying liar who lies. 🤥

Thanks for "fleshing that out" for me.

• LOL 7

Whoopie mentions that Rutger Hauer has passed away and mentions several of his movies. Meghan pipes up gleefully and says how she loved one of those movies, then mumbles, swivels her head around and looks for approval or something from the audience, like she's giving a review of the movie. She just doesn't follow in any logical sense what is going on during the show, whether it be having to look at her blue notes to ask a guest a simple question or trying to explain her position on an issue. I've never seen anyone more ill equipped to be on a talk show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t agree with Whoopi that he was acting, but his long pauses and fumbling for words seemed to be that he was choosing his words very carefully, in order to appear completely unbiased and to not let anything slip. Meg is wrong about Rachel being disappointed. She was very upbeat on her show last night. 

That is exactly what I thought.  I watched Rachel as well which was the 1st time in a long time (taking a news hiatus).  She was downright giddy!

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She does this all the time.  Always focuses on the "optics" instead of the substance.

This was what was so embarrassing about her attempt at political punditry today.  She missed the big picture and she missed the actual point.  Plus she was quite behind the news cycle.  Once the second hearing happened, pundits who were critical began to change their tune and actually see/hear the impact Mueller's statements were making.

• Love 18

Another “exclusive” on The Daily Mail....given the attitudes recently I’d say at least some of it is true regardless of what the ABC spokesperson says.  And if MM had her views but was able to actually articulate them in a coherent, no screeching way and have a real discussion with the others viewers like us would be fine with her.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7278083/Morale-View-toxic-Meghan-McCain-root-all.html

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Another “exclusive” on The Daily Mail....given the attitudes recently I’d say at least some of it is true regardless of what the ABC spokesperson says.  And if MM had her views but was able to actually articulate them in a coherent, no screeching way and have a real discussion with the others viewers like us would be fine with her.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7278083/Morale-View-toxic-Meghan-McCain-root-all.html

That is awesome and entirely believable!

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I don’t trust the dailymail, but when you combine everything we know so far, it can’t be too far off from the truth, imo. Oh to be a fly on the wall behind-the-scenes...

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I knew Meghan going after Karen would bite her in the ass.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bannana said:

This was what was so embarrassing about her attempt at political punditry today.  She missed the big picture and she missed the actual point.  Plus she was quite behind the news cycle.  Once the second hearing happened, pundits who were critical began to change their tune and actually see/hear the impact Mueller's statements were making.

She must have been sleeping off the chili and Jack Daniels during the second hearing.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan might say she doesnt like or support trump, but she repeated the lie that "mueller found  there was no collusion. " what the fuck is wrong with her?

She's a trumper, just like her chubby hubby.  If he has any input, or composes what's on her blue cards himself, then she's going to repeat anything he says or writes. What's wrong with her? She has no mind of her own,  is very weak and not too bright.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

Well...above posters, Thanks...I enjoyed that DailyMail article and it's probably no more false then the other showbiz info that slips into our worlds.  I especially liked this sentence:  "...and it's no secret the reason ABC News hired Abby Huntsman over Ana after Sara Haines left is because Meghan threatened to leave if she had to work with Ana every day," said the source.

Who's sorry now?  Perhaps "Those Who Were Threatened"?  Most woes would have disappeared if they hadn't given in, Mr. Brian Teta, Executive Producer.   

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Always focuses on the "optics" instead of the substance.

That's the story of Ms. Meghan herself...at least all of her adult life--perhaps earlier.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kenz said:

Whoopie mentions that Rutger Hauer has passed away and mentions several of his movies. Meghan pipes up gleefully and says how she loved one of those movies, then mumbles, swivels her head around and looks for approval or something from the audience, like she's giving a review of the movie.

Meghan!  The man died!  Someone other than your father died!  I know it seems impossible.  Whoopi started the announcement by saying he was her good friend!  Can you NOT just take a freakin' beat and let Whoopi and Rutger have their moments?  You are impossible.  YOU'RE FINALLY and IRREPARABLY IMPOSSIBLE!

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan might say she doesnt like or support trump, but she repeated the lie that "mueller found  there was no collusion. " what the fuck is wrong with her?

As much as it pains me she is technically correct since the team was looking for evidence of conspiracy, not collusion, but that is the kind of semantic gameplay that trump plays. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kenz said:

Whoopie mentions that Rutger Hauer has passed away and mentions several of his movies. Meghan pipes up gleefully and says how she loved one of those movies, then mumbles, swivels her head around and looks for approval or something from the audience, like she's giving a review of the movie. She just doesn't follow in any logical sense what is going on during the show, whether it be having to look at her blue notes to ask a guest a simple question or trying to explain her position on an issue. I've never seen anyone more ill equipped to be on a talk show.

I know!!!! MM looked all happy and proud of herself that she had seen one of Rutger's movies.  Kept smiling like an idiot. She obviously didn't listen to Whoops announcement of his passing. Just stupid.

Annnddddd MM was super proud of herself for not putting tp on the roller...just like Fred's wife. Twinsies!!!!!

I do that!  I do that!  I do that!  Laugh, giggle, laugh. 

How moronic. 

God, is she desperate for attention or what?  

• Love 15

Advanced issues found

8 hours ago, longobongo said:

So watching the show today I came to a realization. MM is trying to be the new Nancy Grace. When she was questioning Adam Schiff re yesterday's hearings, she had the exact same stern look and fake intensity that Nancy Grace has. She also interrupted Rep. Schiff  (the same way Nancy rudely does) while he was answering her question to ask him another one. She kept going for the "gotcha" question and for the hundredth time failed miserably.

RemorsefulSharpFowl-max-1mb.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Meghan!  The man died!  Someone other than your father died!  I know it seems impossible.  Whoopi started the announcement by saying he was her good friend!  Can you NOT just take a freakin' beat and let Whoopi and Rutger have their moments?  You are impossible.  YOU'RE FINALLY and IRREPARABLY IMPOSSIBLE!

Yeah, but he didn't die from cancer so what does she care ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

A friend said that Mueller is a perfect example of someone hard of hearing not coming off smart. ( we both are hard of hearing age related)

I'm hearing-impaired, and that can cause confusion when you speak to someone. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm hearing-impaired, and that can cause confusion when you speak to someone. 

Yes indeed. My son has worn bilateral aides since he was 5 and now I do. 

Whoopi was really ramped up today, did someone suggest she’s auditioning because she hasn’t been signed on another season? 

Of all things to brag about getting a roll off TP and not putting on. Geez 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Yes indeed. My son has worn bilateral aides since he was 5 and now I do. 

Whoopi was really ramped up today, did someone suggest she’s auditioning because she hasn’t been signed on another season? 

I think Whoopi might be at the end of her rope with all of the BS in politics and on the show and is ready for hiatus. I get the same vibe from Joy. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

watched the hearings on AG Barr and Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh.  The hearings are held in a room with (probably) poor acoustics.  Both of them had to have questions repeated, misunderstood questions, and had difficulty seeing/ hearing where the questions were coming from. 

Stephen Colbert explained the same thing to Chris Wallace last night on Colbert's show, that he experienced the same thing re where the questions were coming from.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I do that. I'm kind of appalled I do the same thing Meghan does.

People in my family have Very Strong Opinions about which way the TP goes on the roll. I have had guests switch it from front to back, and then have another guest switch it from back to front, ad nauseum. I can't think of a more pointless thing to have a strong opinion about. My putting it **neutrally** on the roller is my way of opting out. 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I do that. I'm kind of appalled I do the same thing Meghan does.

People in my family have Very Strong Opinions about which way the TP goes on the roll. I have had guests switch it from front to back, and then have another guest switch it from back to front, ad nauseum. I can't think of a more pointless thing to have a strong opinion about. My putting it **neutrally** on the roller is my way of opting out. 😉

Wait, people who don't own the toilet paper or the tp holder just help themselves and switch it?  I have never heard of such a thing 😲.  They would be in trouble in my house.!

When I saw that today, I have to admit I thought that it just showed how entitled and/or lazy NutMeg is.  It never occurred to me that it could be a peace-keeping tactic. 🙃

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Wait, people who don't own the toilet paper or the tp holder just help themselves and switch it?  I have never heard of such a thing 😲.  They would be in trouble in my house.!

Oh, yes.

Do I notice? Never! Are they compelled to tell me that they "corrected" it? Of course!

(Don't even get me started on the former friend who completely rearranged my house the summer my mom was sick and I was with her in another state while my friend stayed at my place and cat-sat. It's funny now, but also very Single White Female scary.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

She is what the late Rip Torn's character in Defending Your Life called a Little Brain.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2