Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Chino and the Man

• Start Topic

Veronica and Keith launch their investigation. Their involvement puts Police Chief Langdon on edge. Penn goes public with his theory on who the bomber is. Meanwhile, local teen Matty Ross begins her own search for her father’s killer.

• Love 1

Omg Logan beating up the fiancée’s family to Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You was HILARIOUS to me. And the whole Bruce Banner/Hulk always angry stuff is just hitting me right in the feels. 

• Love 10

There's our favorite Dick! I thought he was really on the streets and on heroin for a second. Glad to see the knife to throat scene from the trailer was a fakeout. They got me for a second but I realized we hadn't seen other scenes from the trailer with him. Actor in action movies is a believable career choice for him. Perhaps the only job he can believably have. Hey, he didn't do anything awful!

I liked the Logan/Veronica argument. I found it believable. I really like that Logan is seeing a therapist. I did not like that he punched a cabinet and then the screwed up sex. Methinks Veronica needs a therapist too.

JK Simmons is always welcome. Pony the dog is good as the new Backup. I assume he's named after the Outsiders character.

Patton Oswalt as an online crime solver is beautiful, given that he was married to crime writer Michelle McNamara.

Logan the one man security force is wonderful and I love him. Perhaps now more than ever.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

Pony the dog is good as the new Backup.

Meanwhile I assumed Keith or Logan got the dog for Veronica because she kept asking for a pony!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Lisin said:

Omg Logan beating up the fiancée’s family to Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You was HILARIOUS to me. And the whole Bruce Banner/Hulk always angry stuff is just hitting me right in the feels. 

That scene reminded me of the one where Aaron beats up Trina's abusive boyfriend to the tune of That's Amore. It was a little bit disconcerting to me, actually, given how they made a point of Logan having such pent-up anger and how Aaron would appear calm and collected until he was bashing Lilly's head in or locking Veronica in a fridge doused in gasoline and lighting a match.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, bettername2come said:

I liked the Logan/Veronica argument. I found it believable. I really like that Logan is seeing a therapist. I did not like that he punched a cabinet and then the screwed up sex. Methinks Veronica needs a therapist too.

I don't remember the movie much but during the argument I was like what does she want from him? And then the whole angry sex thing and how upset he was afterward. ugh. Veronica!

(Kristen Bell's real life social media presence and the sparkly water commercials here kinda dampen Veronica for me.)

I love JK Simmons and the first thing I ever saw him in was OZ so this is like sweet spot JK Simmons.

Edited by Megan
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, bettername2come said:

There's our favorite Dick! I thought he was really on the streets and on heroin for a second. Glad to see the knife to throat scene from the trailer was a fakeout. They got me for a second but I realized we hadn't seen other scenes from the trailer with him. Actor in action movies is a believable career choice for him. Perhaps the only job he can believably have.

I could have also seen Dick as a Ryan Seacrest-like talk show host, although he'd probably get dumped over bad comments like what happened to Billy Bush.

The Fitzpatrick dude in his mid-50's. He has aged exceedingly well, just saying.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Lisin said:

7 hours ago, secnarf said:

That scene reminded me of the one where Aaron beats up Trina's abusive boyfriend to the tune of That's Amore. It was a little bit disconcerting to me, actually, given how they made a point of Logan having such pent-up anger and how Aaron would appear calm and collected until he was bashing Lilly's head in or locking Veronica in a fridge doused in gasoline and lighting a match.

I think that's why I enjoyed it (in a "hit me in the feels" way, like Lisin). Maybe I should have said, "appreciated it." 

• Love 2
(edited)

Poor King Pagursky! Despite the darker tone of the show, I still didn't expect them to kill a random innocent kid and have his severed head sitting on a counter.

Matty's ok, but could easily tip over into annoying. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't get why she skipped out of the police station since the current chief (yay, Dawnn Lewis!) actually seems competent and interested in finding the culprit. Still, it was good to see Liam Fitzpatrick again. I'm surprised Rodney Rowland didn't become a bigger star.

And I'm glad to see Logan getting more involved in the central mystery, but have a hard time believing that even those 2 goons would be dumb enough to straight up attack a congressman in his fancy hotel room. But I'll go with it.

Edited by krankydoodle
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, bettername2come said:

JK Simmons is always welcome. Pony the dog is good as the new Backup. I assume he's named after the Outsiders character.

Veronica wanting a pony as a girl was always frequently referenced, I'd assume it's just a play on that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is Cho's Pizza the pizza place owned by the family of the boy in season one who was competing with the rich girl for the Kane Scholarship?  I'm glad that they seem to be doing well! Or at least well enough to have non family employees. And speaking of call-outs, Inga is still working at the police station, giving the Mars family tips.

I was just thinking last ep that Logan is all emotionally healthy now! Of course he's *too emotionally healthy* for Veronica. She wants the psychotic jackass. Oh Veronica. Maybe see if you can get Jane to give you a referral for a therapist of your own.

ETA: The guy I was referencing is apparently Hamilton Cho, so I think Cho's Pizza does belong to his family. And it was season two, apparently: https://veronicamars.fandom.com/wiki/Hamilton_Cho

Edited by legxleg
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

Veronica wanting a pony as a girl was always frequently referenced, I'd assume it's just a play on that.

And that makes perfect sense, but all I could think of was the pilot’s “I feel like I’m in a scene from The Outsiders” “Be cool, Sodapop.”

• Love 6
5 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

Still, it was good to see Liam Fitzpatrick again. I'm surprised Rodney Rowland didn't become a bigger star.

I was legit a little in love with him back in the mid-90s when he was 1st Lt. Cooper Hawkes on the far too short Space Above and Beyond.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AllyB said:

I was legit a little in love with him back in the mid-90s when he was 1st Lt. Cooper Hawkes on the far too short Space Above and Beyond.

Me too. I miss that show and rewatch it every now and then.

Is it just me but there seems to be something that just not quite special with the show. I was so looking forward to this season after I watched the movie and read the books but i'm two eps in and instead of binge watching the rest I'm looking for things on amazon and playing games on my phone.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Actor in action movies is a believable career choice for him.

Maybe next he can solve crimes on television with a handmaid. (I'm still sad that show didn't catch on)

41 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

And thanks to JK Simmons, avoid statutory rape charges!

Oh, yeah! I'm so happy to see JK Simmons in this. But what has Big Dick gotten himself into? You know when you think you've made prison-friends with Schillinger, you're in for a nasty surprise!

• Love 2

It's been a while since I saw the movie but I think I remember complaints that Logan was too chill. I just put it down to it's been 10 years so he had grown up some. Nope, still so much anger and Veronica definitely has some issues too. I buy it.

Rodney Rowland/Liam. Still looking pretty damn good. He was in one of my favorite episodes of The X-Files.

• Love 2

"What's with the drop in, I could have been having sex?"

"You're not married".

This season is tight. Really tightly written and I love the complexity in the characterisations. I guess they've been planning this for a while.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

What was the deal with Dick on the golf course suggesting that Logan has no money? I mean sure a navy intelligence officer isn't making the kind of money Dick is used to, but what happend to all of Aaron's money? Wasn't Aaron supposed to be a Tom Cruise level A-list action movie star. He lives in a giant house. Did he give it all away? Or did Lily's parents sue the estate for wrongful death?

4 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

What was the deal with Dick on the golf course suggesting that Logan has no money? I mean sure a navy intelligence officer isn't making the kind of money Dick is used to, but what happend to all of Aaron's money? Wasn't Aaron supposed to be a Tom Cruise level A-list action movie star. He lives in a giant house. Did he give it all away? Or did Lily's parents sue the estate for wrongful death?

There was a plot point in season three that it was running out faster than it should have because of being split between Logan, Trina and Aaron's illegitimate son Charlie.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, festivus said:

Rodney Rowland/Liam. Still looking pretty damn good. He was in one of my favorite episodes of The X-Files.

My jaw dropped at the 1964 birthdate on his IMDB. I thought this guy was like mid-40's, tops. He kind if reminds me of Jay Ryan from Beauty and the Beast, but with a bit more mileage on him and less of a gym bunny look.

8 hours ago, Slovenly Muse said:

. They were two very damaged people who just clicked, but it was never a healthy relationship, because it was built on dysfunction. Now that Logan is actually working on his issues, they don't quite click anymore, and if Veronica doesn't rise up to meet him, she'll be left alone again.

I like this approach, too. I really couldn't stand that the angst of the College Year tried to make Logan out to be the only bad guy in their relationship with that cheap-ass Madison plot.

Although yeah, it's good to remember that these characters are in their 30's now. I'm 33, making me about two years older than them, so I kind of feel like at this age you need to really look at bad patterns of behavior you have and do your best to try and be better. I don't get the same kind of pass I did for shitty behavior when I was 17, and neither do they.

• Love 6

Ha, I was having flashbacks to Summer Roberts on The O.C. when they started talking about Big Dick and Clyde being in Chino ("EWW"). I was really hoping that they served together in Oz and that I'd see Keller stroll by naked. I'm glad that Veronica turned down his case because as much as I want to believe that he truly just wants to get back in touch with someone, his request was setting off alarms in my head. He took her rejection even better than Logan did, but I suspect that's not the last we'll hear of him trying to find his ex.

Interesting that Big Dick is still acting like a rich businessman but telling Dick not to buy expensive booze at the golf course. Is he not loaded anymore? Or did he promise money to Clyde? I'm interested to see what Clyde's exact angle is. Clearly he wanted to get in good with Big Dick, but is he after a business deal or does he just want to be his Kato?

The fallout from Veronica turning down Logan's proposal came sooner than I thought it would but I'm glad that they're at least talking about it now, as opposed to trying to pretend it didn't happen and making things even more awkward. I was really glad to hear that Logan has been seeing a therapist. After all the cussed up things that have happened in his life (abusive father who cussed his girlfriend, his mother committing suicide, his awful sister), he has a lot of issues to work through so I'm glad he's getting professional help.

Tawny seemed like a perfectly nice girl in the 60 seconds we saw of her in the first episode, but her family seems like a bunch of assholes. Your daughter is dead and what you're concerned with is getting your hands on her expensive engagement ring?

Oh, Veronica, you marshmallow. I know her soft spot for Matty is going to get her in trouble. I could have done without seeing the Fitzpatrick family again (that whole storyline was a mess in my opinion), but part of me loves that they were able to get so many of the actors from the tv show to come back.

Dick as a movie star is hilariously appropriate. Loved Clyde sending that underage girl on her way too.

I'm so worried about Keith and his memory issues. Don't let anything bad happen to Papa Mars!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was really glad to hear that Logan has been seeing a therapist. After all the cussed up things that have happened in his life (abusive father who cussed his girlfriend, his mother committing suicide, his awful sister), he has a lot of issues to work through so I'm glad he's getting professional help.

I appreicated this too. I always thought that Logan pre-season 1 was probably a relatively decent guy (especially considering his home life). There was certainly a few hints about this. But his girlfriend being brutally murdered kind of set him off. And then with all the other terrible things that happened shit just went down hill from there.

17 hours ago, bettername2come said:

There was a plot point in season three that it was running out faster than it should have because of being split between Logan, Trina and Aaron's illegitimate son Charlie.

Even if the money was split 3 ways it seems strange. If Aaron was total A-list like a contemporary of Bruce Willis or Tom Cruise or Sylvester Stallone he should have 10's if not 100's of millions. Plus Logan's mom was an actress to I believe. Logan was a pilot in the Navy by the 10 year reunion so it would seem like he was in the military for awhile at that point. So it seems like a very short time (less than 10 years) to burn through a very large fortune.

• Love 4

Enjoying this a lot more than the movie. As someone said above, the writing is very tight and polished.

After one of the nerd kids says he always enjoys seeing a woman smash through the glass ceiling, Veronica replies with a hollow “me too”. 

• Love 2

If there ever was a show not made for binge-watching it's this one. So much good stuff cramped into one episode.

I love the twist in the Logan-Veronica dynamics, about time Veronica is called out to finally face her demons. And the fight was awesome - on the surface it looked like vintage Logan but it wasn't. Logan's 'Oh please, don't' when thug  #2 reached for the butter knife was rather poignant; Dohring delivered the line with complete honesty,  vintage Logan would have layered it with gleeful anticipation savoring the prospect of breaking bones instead of kitchen cabinets.

• Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Even if the money was split 3 ways it seems strange. If Aaron was total A-list like a contemporary of Bruce Willis or Tom Cruise or Sylvester Stallone he should have 10's if not 100's of millions. Plus Logan's mom was an actress to I believe. Logan was a pilot in the Navy by the 10 year reunion so it would seem like he was in the military for awhile at that point. So it seems like a very short time (less than 10 years) to burn through a very large fortune.

Unless Logan spent a lot of his share bailing out Trina on the regular, which I could see happening. 

On 7/21/2019 at 4:45 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Interesting that Big Dick is still acting like a rich businessman but telling Dick not to buy expensive booze at the golf course. Is he not loaded anymore?

I was wondering that too. I would imagine being in jail for a few period of time means no income so maybe he was having some concerns about rebuilding his funds. (especially if he's having to clean up things little Dick (ha!) mess up)

On 7/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Slovenly Muse said:

I feel like this approach pleases both the LoVe fans AND the anti-LoVers. It acknowledges that Logan is too troubled to be in a healthy functional relationship with Veronica, and it emphasizes that the violent "bad boy" side of Logan is a bug, not a feature, but it also threatens to break them up NOT because they are bad or toxic for each other, but because that dysfunctional part is disappearing, and they'll have to build a relationship on what's left when it does.

It does for this LoVe fan. And it helps me feel better about being a LoVe fan because in my head I know their relationship is toxic and awful and should not be a thing, but their chemistry is smoking and that's what makes me love them. 

Edited by joanne3482
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I appreicated this too. I always thought that Logan pre-season 1 was probably a relatively decent guy (especially considering his home life). There was certainly a few hints about this. But his girlfriend being brutally murdered kind of set him off. And then with all the other terrible things that happened shit just went down hill from there.

You can kind of see that in Season 1 in  the episode where Logan's making the video for the memorial.  They have the video of homecoming when Lily is still alive. He didn't seem awful then. I know it is just one glimpse but he seemed like a decent guy then. 

It also makes me wonder if Aaron didn't ramp up the physical abuse once Lily was dead. Like that was the catalyst for Aaron's decline as well. (We can tell Aaron was abusing him before because the whole belt thing was something Logan had done before, but I just wonder if it hadn't stopped once Logan got older or reduced when Aaron was "happy" with Lily and then spiked back up again. I don't think they showed us, but I'm sure the bong incident caused another beating.)

Edited by joanne3482
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is it wrong that I kind of hoped that Dick really was a junkie who got knifed in an alley? I knew it was a fake out as soon as his throat got slashed, but a girl can dream, right? (I like Ryan Hansen and I get that he and Kristen Bell are good friends, but the character of Dick is questionable at best. It’s slightly baffling to me that Veronica still associates with him, whether through Logan or not. Actually, I don’t get why Logan is still friends with him either.)

2 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

You can kind of see that in Season 1 in  the episode where Logan's making the video for the memorial.  They have the video of homecoming when Lily is still alive. He didn't seem awful then. I know it is just one glimpse but he seemed like a decent guy then. 

It also makes me wonder if Aaron didn't ramp up the physical abuse once Lily was dead. Like that was the catalyst for Aaron's decline as well. (We can tell Aaron was abusing him before because the whole belt thing was something Logan had done before, but I just wonder if it hadn't stopped once Logan got older or reduced when Aaron was "happy" with Lily and then spiked back up again. I don't think they showed us, but I'm sure the bong incident caused another beating.)

I always thought this was implied as well. I think it was established that Logan was abused fairly regularly, but that there were periods where it was less frequent. I’d have to imagine that Aaron didn’t have as much time to beat on his son while banging his underage girlfriend. And we know that the abuse continued (possibly worsened?) after Lilly was murdered  

Which segues into my feelings on Logan and Veronica’s relationship. Um, Veronica is well aware of Logan’s past.  I get that she’s all hardened too and everything, but the fact that Logan grew up into a semi-functional adult is pretty amazing. (Ditto on Veronica herself, actually. Man. Both of those kids need therapy.) Anyway, getting upset with him for NOT smashing cabinets when she turned down his proposal is all kinds of screwed up. And I hate that they have crazy chemistry, because they are SO toxic together. 

Edited by Brinny
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Brinny said:

I like Ryan Hansen and I get that he and Kristen Bell are good friends, but the character of Dick is questionable at best. It’s slightly baffling to me that Veronica still associates with him, whether through Logan or not. Actually, I don’t get why Logan is still friends with him either.

RIGHT?? Ryan Hansen is charming and has excellent comic timing and everything, but, Jesus, Dick Casablancas is not some harmless goofball. He was going to roofie and rape Madison (hopefully it goes without saying that Madison being terrible herself doesn't make that any better) and he encouraged Beaver to rape Veronica after she ended up with that roofie (which he did!). I haven't forgotten that and it's absurd that Veronica ever would. This is not a guy she should treat with eyerolls and tolerant amusement. In many ways Logan had become a more evolved person than Veronica and many of their relationship issues were on her, but honestly, I think his continued friendship with Dick is a mark against him and in Veronica's place I would consider it a dealbreaker.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 16

Of course Tawny's parents arent just normal middle or working class people that a super rich and connected family wont approve of, they're a bunch of crazy rednecks assholes that dont even seem to care that their daughter is dead, they just want the ring. Everything on this show involving cases tends to be dialed to 11, so that all lines up. 

Patton Oswald playing an amateur mystery solver is great casting, but him going on TV and publicly accusing the politician brother seems really reckless and slanderous, considering no one seems to have any proof that this guy did it. He has no clue that the Mexican mob is looking for the killer, but still. 

The fight/sex scene between Logan and Veronica was really well played, and I think that Kristin and Jason both played it wonderfully, so much complexity in all of their interactions, and so much history. Its clear that Logan has a violent temper (understandable, considering his past) and that he is trying to work on it and be a more responsible person, but it seems like Veronica isn't sure how to be with this Logan who is truly trying to be a better person. Veronica and Logan were drawn to each other because of their mutual damage, that Logan was violent and angry and Veronica was closed off and angry, and now that Logan is seeking out professional help, trying to control his violent temper, and is looking to start a more domestic life with her, she is freaking out that a more stable Logan is a Logan who no longer works with her, that will leave her behind, so she is trying to push him away first, and wants the old Obligatory Psychotic Jackass back so they can be more on equal terms. I dont know if she realizes this contiguously, and I think she feels bad about the idea of dragging Logan back, but here we are. 

Oh shit, the Fitzpatricks are still in business, and Liam is as charmingly murderous as ever! Speaking of, I am assuming that Chos Pizza is the same pizza place that Hamilton Chos dad was running back in season one. In which case, glad to see its going well! Hope Hamilton is doing big business somewhere, even  though the Kane scholarship didn't work out. 

Heroin addict or action hero both seem like pretty logical futures for Dick. The big shock here is that he actually does have a job!

• Love 5
On 7/21/2019 at 4:07 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

His mom left him some money, but didn't have a ton solely in her name(I want to say it was like 150k?), but Logan's finances never really made much sense. He was running through money at a rate that would clean him out by 21, and... he was living in the penthouse of the best hotel in town? He could probably rent a high end apartment for 1/10th the cost(I get it, the Neptune Grand offered a lot more story possibilities as a location than "Logan's random off-campus apartment").  We might have to take into account Dick has a distorted view of what constitutes poor, and possibly Logan has tucked away whatever inheritance he has left for the future(that's why we hear Veronica concerned with things like rent).

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, moonshine71 said:

His mom left him some money, but didn't have a ton solely in her name(I want to say it was like 150k?), but Logan's finances never really made much sense. He was running through money at a rate that would clean him out by 21, and... he was living in the penthouse of the best hotel in town? He could probably rent a high end apartment for 1/10th the cost(I get it, the Neptune Grand offered a lot more story possibilities as a location than "Logan's random off-campus apartment").  We might have to take into account Dick has a distorted view of what constitutes poor, and possibly Logan has tucked away whatever inheritance he has left for the future(that's why we hear Veronica concerned with things like rent).

I am going to go with Dick is an idiot as the most logical explination. Logan being a Navy officer would live comfortably, and when deployed everything would be taken care of. When he goes back to Neptune he stays with Veronica, and I can totally see her turning down any offers of Aarron Echols money to live somewhere nicer. So I am going to picture whatever is left is locked away somewhere for the future.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree that it was more Dick's extremely distorted 09er view of what constitutes poor than anything else. When Logan is off on missions, he has almost no expenses since the military is flying him wherever he needs to go and providing him with a place to sleep. When he's Neptune, he's staying at Veronica's place (which is later described as 600 square feet and rent controlled) and borrows her car.

That means even if he's burned through his entire inheritance, the salary he's earning through his military job is just sitting in his bank account because there's very little he needs to spend money on. Even if he's paying half the rent at Veronica's place, that is his only major expense (and again, it's rent controlled). He might spend some money on food when he's with Veronica, but he doesn't have a huge house, a car payment, etc.

He's been living like this for a few years now, so just think about how much money you would have saved up if your only regular expense was paying for food when you're visiting your girlfriend for a week here, a few days there.

But to Dick, if you don't have a huge McMansion and a ridiculous amount of disposable income, you're poor. I bet he'd say Wallace is poor even though he's living in that huge 09er house now.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4
On 7/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, krankydoodle said:

Poor King Pagursky! Despite the darker tone of the show, I still didn't expect them to kill a random innocent kid and have his severed head sitting on a counter.

That's whose head it was??! Ack! 

The fake out with Dick at the beginning totally fooled me! Unfortunately I was eating spaghetti when his throat was fake-slashed. Poor timing. 

I laughed when I saw Keith Morrison (?) on the crime show on "USNN". Perfect. 

How sappy am I that I smiled when I saw Veronica eating salad, holding her fork in that weird way she has. Just like old times. 

• Love 1
On 7/22/2019 at 3:54 PM, tennisgurl said:

Patton Oswald playing an amateur mystery solver is great casting, but him going on TV and publicly accusing the politician brother seems really reckless and slanderous, considering no one seems to have any proof that this guy did it. He has no clue that the Mexican mob is looking for the killer, but still. 

I'm not spoiled at all, but I wonder if he's responsible for the bomb? He seems to be enjoying the bombing way too much. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Isazouzi said:

What weird way?

There's something awkward about it. I remember noticing it in episode one, season one, and in all the countless eating scenes after. I'm weird like that.

I also notice how TV characters, major and minor, hold pens, whether or not they're left-handed, their handwriting. It's an odd quirk I have. 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2019 at 8:53 PM, AudienceofOne said:

"What's with the drop in, I could have been having sex?"

"You're not married".

This season is tight. Really tightly written and I love the complexity in the characterisations. I guess they've been planning this for a while.

I love Keith twitting Veronica about her non-engagement. 

And I gasped when Dick had his throat "slit." I feel like he could totally end up in the situation his character experienced. 

• Love 4

They were two very damaged people who just clicked, but it was never a healthy relationship, because it was built on dysfunction. Now that Logan is actually working on his issues, they don't quite click anymore, and if Veronica doesn't rise up to meet him, she'll be left alone again.

Exactly. Well said. And I agree that this is a great way to attempt to satisfy both the Logan lovers and haters. As for him still hanging with Dick, I believe at some point in the series it was shown that Dick, despite his complete dickishness, was loyal and supported Logan thru some very tough times. But maybe I'm misremembering.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Melina22 said:

There's something awkward about it. I remember noticing it in episode one, season one, and in all the countless eating scenes after. I'm weird like that.

I also notice how TV characters, major and minor, hold pens, whether or not they're left-handed, their handwriting. It's an odd quirk I have. 

OK. I was just asking, cause I see nothing weird in the way she holds her fork.

I guess I'm definitely in the minority about this episode.  While the Logan fight scene was pretty cool, I felt like there wasn't too much going on in this episode.  Felt like they were biding their time, which doesn't need to happen in an 8 episode run.

I've always been a Logan lover, so I found his fight scene pretty awesome. Not only was it cool watching him take down these bigger guys but it also showed his growth. He didn't charge right in, he waited for them to come to him and he clearly got some new moves from the Navy. And I really loved how he handled the Mars duo when he got home. I also appreciated that he's angry, he's trying to deal with it and he knows Veronica isn't there. Him leaving her his therapist's number was kind of devastating.

• Love 6
On 7/24/2019 at 6:34 AM, Melina22 said:

On this note, I am curious, how many of you out there use chipsticks when you get Chinese takeout or go to a restaurant? It comes up several times in this season, and it seems to be prevalent on screen in general. But literally no one I know/have ever eaten with in real life uses them. I'd be hard pressed to recall even seeing any other diners using them in a restaurant, I'm sure I have but it is definitely a rarity.

1 minute ago, moonshine71 said:

On this note, I am curious, how many of you out there use chipsticks when you get Chinese takeout or go to a restaurant? 

I love to use chopsticks, out and at home, and not for Chinese food. And no, I'm not Chinese. They really slow me down and I feel like I savor and taste my food way more. 

• Love 3

My husband's the same. Now he just asks for a fork. 

Meanwhile Veronica and Keith like virtually everyone on tv, eat right out of those white containers Chinese food comes in. Does no one use plates? Anyway, here Chinese food usually comes in Styrofoam containers. So much for looking cool. 😁

• Love 3
(edited)

I was wondering who was the good looking man acting with Dick Casablancas. I thought “Magnus”  looked like Eric Dane but from IMDb, it’s Josh Duhamel and it’s his only appearance in the series. Too bad - I wouldn’t have minded seeing scenes with him and Kristen.

* Edited to correct the names my tired brain confused.

Edited by Desperado