Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Chino and the Man

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, Desperado said:

Big oops! Thank you. Also saw I typed Eric Cane instead of Eric Dane. No more posting tired again! 

To be fair, he was Tad Hamilton, so Josh Hamilton works! 😁

Edited by Remlab
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2019 at 3:08 PM, moonshine71 said:

On this note, I am curious, how many of you out there use chipsticks when you get Chinese takeout or go to a restaurant? It comes up several times in this season, and it seems to be prevalent on screen in general. But literally no one I know/have ever eaten with in real life uses them. I'd be hard pressed to recall even seeing any other diners using them in a restaurant, I'm sure I have but it is definitely a rarity.

I always use chopsticks at Chinese restaurants. Maybe that's because Asian restaurants are common in all of the places I've lived (Chicago plus several large cities in California). Lots of Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Korean places everywhere! Even little kids use chopsticks at restaurants like that (not always successfully but diligently). I think it's polite to use what is traditional. Similarly, I wouldn't go to an Ethiopian restaurant and eat injera with a fork. But if it's totally impossible for someone to eat with chopsticks, it's better to ask for a fork than to spend all night dropping food into your lap.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:43 AM, Melina22 said:

Meanwhile Veronica and Keith like virtually everyone on tv, eat right out of those white containers Chinese food comes in. Does no one use plates? Anyway, here Chinese food usually comes in Styrofoam containers. So much for looking cool. 😁

I'm lazy. If it comes in a takeout container, that's one less dish I have to wash. Fun fact: those little white containers were designed so that you can eat out of them. If you pull the corners out, the box opens up into a plate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I always use chopsticks at Chinese restaurants. Maybe that's because Asian restaurants are common in all of the places I've lived (Chicago plus several large cities in California). Lots of Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Korean places everywhere! Even little kids use chopsticks at restaurants like that (not always successfully but diligently). I think it's polite to use what is traditional. Similarly, I wouldn't go to an Ethiopian restaurant and eat injera with a fork. But if it's totally impossible for someone to eat with chopsticks, it's better to ask for a fork than to spend all night dropping food into your lap.

I'm lazy. If it comes in a takeout container, that's one less dish I have to wash. Fun fact: those little white containers were designed so that you can eat out of them. If you pull the corners out, the box opens up into a plate.

Great. I never knew! I’ll try it. 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2019 at 7:49 PM, Slovenly Muse said:

This is really, really working for me. Most of the Anti-LoVe opinions I've read are from fans who don't like or trust Logan, or can't get over the messed up things he's done, or don't think he's stable enough for Veronica.

I agree, but (as a LoVe fan) I have always thought it's Veronica who treats him poorly when they're together. I'm glad they're showing that he's trying to grow and improve, and she is still not treating him the way that she should in a relationship. As much as I love Veronica, she is a mess when it comes to personal relationships, and while he's always been all in with her while they're committed, she keeps him at a certain amount of distance. Logan isn't perfect and did some messed up things as a teenager, but he seems like a genuinely good person now, and she needs to meet him there. I also felt like they were addressing fan complaints about Logan missing his "edge" in the movie.

Still no Weevil?? How long must I wait!

I'm really enjoying the guy who plays Big Dick's prison friend. He's an interesting addition to the show.

• Love 6

Loved the whole fakeout with Dick getting his throat slashed. The reveal that it was just a movie and Dick was so pleased with himself was delightful. He can't be a major action star though if he gets offed partway through the movie. Not in Aaron Echolls' class.

Logan getting upset with Veronica for her responding to his anger in a way she can't to his decency was probably the first time I really responded to Logan in a dramatic scene. 

Is Logan still enlisted or whatever it's called when you are in the Navy? If so how can he work for the congressman?

Every time I see Liam Fitzpatrick I spend a few minutes trying to figure out whether he is Grayson McCouch. 

I find myself not really interested in the main mystery, or at least not the characters affected by the main mystery. 

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
Punctuation.

Doesn't Logan already have a job in Navy Intelligence? Why would he accept a job as some random dude's bodyguard? 

Wouldn't a congressman who's been preparing a senate bid already have a team of people around him who would know people like investigators and security? Why would he be hiring random people from the town that he doesn't know?

• Love 2
  • They had sex again.  Great.  If they do it in Episode 3, I'm out.  Seriously. 
  • Love JK Simmons. It would've been cooler if they named his character Dillinger. 
  • I like Patton Oswalt, but his character is starting to grate.
  • Way too much Dick.  Are they struggling with B-plots that much?
  • The main mystery is still interesting

Logan has a diagnosis, for sure,  and getting to where he is now is absolutely amazing. Many women would want to be with him, not just for his physical attributes (although it would be tedious being with someone who only ate chicken breasts dipped in egg white and protein shakes) but for the obstacles he has faced and overcome, etc, etc. And clearly he wants someone who will set a real home for him and raise his children.  He is ready to commit, and if he can only commit a small amount of time, he has an excuse in his job.

Sadly Veronica by definition  values authenticity and if Logan is authentically angry, yeah, she needs to know he is angry. That isn't even a flaw on her part, in my opinion, it is just part of who she is. Yes, she needs help, but I'm not sure it could ever fix that particular profound divide between the two of them.Note that Logan really doesn't seem to understand that about Veronica, either. so that fight said a lot about how they fail each other.

Speaking of that she asked him why he didn't seem to care about her refusing the proposal. It was an invitation to talk, but she should know enough not to bring up something he doesn't want to talk about. She is a bad person, there is something wrong with her and incidentally with the way she likes sex and what she thinks about Neptune and ....

What exactly would the therapist have to say about Logan in this relationship?

Edited by Affogato