Type keyword(s) to search

Rebecca & Zied: Light Rings & Love Rats

• Start Topic

Their What Now? episode is up on TLC. She says his visa has been approved and he will be here in a few months. I don't know when they filmed, though, and I thought Tunisia was one of the "shit countries" that couldn't get visas. He finished HVAC school there, which hopefully will transfer here easily, so he has the ability to start working as soon as the work permit is approved.

Rebecca then goes apartment shopping with her daughter and says that she and Zied will be moving in with her daughter and his fiance to save money. During a video chat, Zied says he is not comfortable living with another couple and thinks it should just be the two of them. Rebecca tells the camera that Zied doesn't realize how expensive it is to live in the US and his savings is not going to go as far as he thinks. We know that she probably needs a co-signer to rent because of her past history of evictions.

Since Zied will be here soon, she should send Rocky to me, right? Right.

She is apparently currently living with her daughter. She posted a photo of her having her hair done, got a bunch of backlash for not staying home during Covid-19, and it turns out her daughter was doing her hair at their home. 

• Love 3

Huskies grow to be big dogs that are strong and need exercise. Many apartments have dog deposits and size and weight restrictions. Some owners are responsible and some not. Not all apartment managers want to shovel dog poop from the balcony.

Maybe Rebecca should be looking at sharing a house that has a yard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Huskies grow to be big dogs that are strong and need exercise. Many apartments have dog deposits and size and weight restrictions. Some owners are responsible and some not. Not all apartment managers want to shovel dog poop from the balcony.

I've noticed that a lot of huskies end up at shelters/always on "lost" sites. Not saying this about all people, but I've had experience with new huskie owners who don't do enough research on the breed before adopting them. Doesn't matter if you get them as a pup or as an adult. They need a lot of exercise and can be quite good escape artists. 

I doubt Laura did any research into this. She didn't even research Zied. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Huskies grow to be big dogs that are strong and need exercise. Many apartments have dog deposits and size and weight restrictions. Some owners are responsible and some not. Not all apartment managers want to shovel dog poop from the balcony.

Boy, did I ever misread this the first time!

• LOL 4

I'm confused as to why Rebecca can't just stay where she's living and have Zied move in there? I'm with him, I wouldn't want to live with another couple. She's obviously been able to pay the rent where she's at now (unless it just sharply increased). The only additional expense I can think of if Zied moves in is the food bill.

I had never heard of a light ring before this show but with the quarantine and my living alone I'm trying video chatting for the first time. So I got a small light ring that clips onto my laptop. No one's taken me up on my Facebook request to have distance video dinners but I did have lunch with my best friend last weekend. I'm still sick with a MRSA infection and look absolutely terrible, especially with the lifelong dark circles around my eyes. I've put on makeup a couple of times just to make myself feel a bit better, even if no one sees it. I did that yesterday, partly to test out the light ring. I really like it! I still have no clue how to use filters but aside from wanting to erase the aforementioned dark circles, I wouldn't feel right presenting a heavily altered version of myself to someone I hadn't met anyway.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 4/2/2020 at 12:24 PM, hookedontv said:

I've noticed that a lot of huskies end up at shelters/always on "lost" sites. Not saying this about all people, but I've had experience with new huskie owners who don't do enough research on the breed before adopting them. Doesn't matter if you get them as a pup or as an adult. They need a lot of exercise and can be quite good escape artists. 

I doubt Laura did any research into this. She didn't even research Zied. 

I am a husky owner. They are a HUGE commitment and require “so much attention” (said in my best Zied voice) Great loveable dogs if you have the time and energy.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm surprised this hasn't already been posted.

Rebecca and Zied married on April 19, 2020. No word on if it was filmed, but it may have been by Rebecca's family for the Quarantine show.

Now that she has a new toy to play with, there is no excuse for her not to give me Rocky.

• Love 5

Gahhhh - I *KNEW* she wasn't building a table by herself!  (Not that she COULDN'T...). That shit's tough to do with power tools and only TWO hands, lol

Her new apartment looks suspiciously like my old place in Atlanta. It's been a while since I lived there, but I'm almost positive that's the same parking lot view my side of the building had.  I'm going to do some recon lol

• LOL 3

How old is she?  47?  Hubby #4 by the age of 47?  Why yes I am Judgy McJudgerson, why do you ask?  "I judge so so much, so much judgement......"

That husky is awfully cute!  I had a husky/lab mix and he was awesome!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 5/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Christina said:

More proof of Zied being in the US

Thank god Zied has that pudge. I thought he got skinny. Must have been a skinny filter.

where are they, piggly wiggly? 

• Love 1

While I applaud Zied for putting his TLC money to good use and getting an HVAC cert, I still don't understand how Rebecca was able to bring him over on a K1 visa.  I wonder how long it will take before he leaves. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

While I applaud Zied for putting his TLC money to good use and getting an HVAC cert, I still don't understand how Rebecca was able to bring him over on a K1 visa.  I wonder how long it will take before he leaves. 

Second love rat, both much younger, you would think ICE would notice a pattern.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Second love rat, both much younger, you would think ICE would notice a pattern.

I know, right?! You'd also think that ICE would hire someone to watch all these 90 day iterations and put these applicants through the wringer because most of them are for green cards.

• Love 7

I'm still confused about why Rebecca and Zied aren't on this season's Happily Ever After.

We get more of that evil cow Larissa with her fake-assed story lines and then Colt with his fake-ass "relationship," but no Rebecca and Zied?  

Not fair, TLC, not fair at all.  🥺

• Love 13
On 6/14/2020 at 5:31 AM, Christina said:

If she adopts Aya, she needs to give me Rocky, dammit!!!

The caption under the cockatoo from Rebecca is all preachy about a "lifelong commitment."  If she was an owner "several big birds" and is such a parrot person, where are her parrots? Was it a former life of hers? Eh, maybe they left with an ex. 

She is right - there are a big commitment - someone with her litany of life challenges and uncertainties should know it is yet another "impulsive" decision on her part.   

• Love 3
On 7/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, Persnickety1 said:

I'm still confused about why Rebecca and Zied aren't on this season's Happily Ever After.

We get more of that evil cow Larissa with her fake-assed story lines and then Colt with his fake-ass "relationship," but no Rebecca and Zied?  

Not fair, TLC, not fair at all.  🥺

I liked Zied, he grew on me and his commentsand facial expressions  made me chuckle 

• Love 6
On 7/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, Persnickety1 said:

They haven't been caught filming, but I think they are filming for the main 90DF show. By the time he arrived here they scenes in HEA would have been in the editing bay. There is another couple who were in B90D and have been caught filming for the 90DF show.  

Spoiler

Tarik and Hazel

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Christina said:

They haven't been caught filming, but I think they are filming for the main 90DF show. By the time he arrived here they scenes in HEA would have been in the editing bay. There is another couple who were in B90D and have been caught filming for the 90DF show.  

Hide contents

Tarik and Hazel

Oooh, thanks so much, @Christina!  I'll be looking forward to both couples 😄 

• Love 2

Rebecca and her daughter, Tiffany Smith, are starting a boutique named Gypsy & Jagger, for the sale of "beautiful western bohemian styles for men and women." They are using a logo that is very recognizable to many, yet they insist it is different enough to not have any issues. They are going to be in for a very expensive lesson, imo.

See logo here.

Rebecca's daughter's name is the same as Tiffany who married Ronald, and it is causing some drama for people.

1 hour ago, Christina said:

Rebecca and her daughter, Tiffany Smith, are starting a boutique named Gypsy & Jagger, for the sale of "beautiful western bohemian styles for men and women." They are using a logo that is very recognizable to many, yet they insist it is different enough to not have any issues. They are going to be in for a very expensive lesson, imo.

See logo here.

Rebecca's daughter's name is the same as Tiffany who married Ronald, and it is causing some drama for people.

A little bird may have reported them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

That logo won’t last.

Many people have tried to tell them but they insist it's different enough to be fine. The fact that everyone recognized the logo and they are including Jagger in the name should tell them they are about to spend A LOT of money in attorney's fees. 

Maybe they will take it to an attorney first. It will be a lot cheaper for the upfront attorney fees than the funds they will be paying for years because trademark infringement is expensive.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Christina said:

Many people have tried to tell them but they insist it's different enough to be fine. The fact that everyone recognized the logo and they are including Jagger in the name should tell them they are about to spend A LOT of money in attorney's fees. 

Maybe they will take it to an attorney first. It will be a lot cheaper for the upfront attorney fees than the funds they will be paying for years because trademark infringement is expensive.

They really should take it to an attorney first.

I worked at a prominent resort in California whose logos were all very distinctive and of course copyrighted.  

Part of my job was to go onto Ebay and search the resort (and its subdivisions) name, compile the listings that were infringements, and forward them to the Legal Department.  I remember one seller had created a toilet golf set for use while sitting on the toilet, and there was the resort emblem emblazoned on it.  That one was pretty epic 😂

The owners of the listings were immediately contacted and sent cease and desist orders.  If they didn't comply, then further legal action was taken.  

I wouldn't be surprised to learn she had received a cease and desist letter in the very near future.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Please tell me you worked at the Hotel California!

No, unfortunately 😂

The resort I worked for was best known for its scenic golf courses.  

It was a great job with a fancy title but unfortunately the pay sucked, especially with the cost of living in that area, so I ended up going back into the medical field.  

I really did love getting paid to do things like troll Ebay, though ❤️

• Love 3

Small update on the logo issue. As @MrBuhBye noted above, someone tagged the label to report the infringement. Either Rebecca or Tiffany responded to someone that they hired someone to create the logo and it was fine. After that and with all the comments, Rebecca said they were having an attorney review the issue. I think those comments are on that IG post, but I didn't look for them.

I can see someone hiring a graphic designer and thinking that person would know about the rights and infringement, so when people started to say they were violating someone's mark, they believed it was okay because it was changed "enough." After so many comments, they have decided to run it past an attorney first. They probably went cheaper and hired a friend from high school, or something, as opposed to an actual working graphic designer, because that is about as clear cut of an infringement as there is. 

This would make Rebecca one of the few to have a business up and running before the season airs. The only other one I can think of right now is Anna's honey business, which existed for years, just at a smaller scale. She made sure the website was updated and there was product available, and didn't really spam her business info on her personal Instagram. Everyone else tried to start online businesses afterwards, selling the same things you can buy anywhere else. This business will start online only, too, but maybe people will be able to check it out as soon as the season begins airing.

Nicole and Azan's store should be open any day now, too. Then there will be heavy competition.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Christina said:

Small update on the logo issue. As @MrBuhBye noted above, someone tagged the label to report the infringement. Either Rebecca or Tiffany responded to someone that they hired someone to create the logo and it was fine. After that and with all the comments, Rebecca said they were having an attorney review the issue. I think those comments are on that IG post, but I didn't look for them.

I can see someone hiring a graphic designer and thinking that person would know about the rights and infringement, so when people started to say they were violating someone's mark, they believed it was okay because it was changed "enough." After so many comments, they have decided to run it past an attorney first. They probably went cheaper and hired a friend from high school, or something, as opposed to an actual working graphic designer, because that is about as clear cut of an infringement as there is. 

This would make Rebecca one of the few to have a business up and running before the season airs. The only other one I can think of right now is Anna's honey business, which existed for years, just at a smaller scale. She made sure the website was updated and there was product available, and didn't really spam her business info on her personal Instagram. Everyone else tried to start online businesses afterwards, selling the same things you can buy anywhere else. This business will start online only, too, but maybe people will be able to check it out as soon as the season begins airing.

Nicole and Azan's store should be open any day now, too. Then there will be heavy competition.

I'm glad to hear that they're having an attorney look into this.

I cannot imagine investing a lot of money into producing items only to have to eat the costs because of copyright infringement and not being able to sell the merchandise.  

I rather like Rebecca and Zied, so I hope it works out well for them.  

• Love 5

Their TLC blurb for the next season - (the photo says it's too big, but it's not)

These familiar faces from 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days season 3 return after getting engaged and starting Tunisia native Zied's visa process. As Rebecca’s earlier marriage to her Moroccan ex and third husband ended on a bad note, her daughter Tiffany and boyfriend Micah worry about déjà vu. However, TLC experts do know that amidst the cultural differences (and Rebecca working overtime to support Zied), the fan-favorite couple did tie the knot in April. This makes Zied Hakimi her hubby #4.

• Love 1