Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Rocky Mountain High Part 1

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 12:42 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

Why does Cameron have to comment on everyone else's relationship?

I think that's her job requirement. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6
On 7/18/2019 at 11:08 AM, Mindthinkr said:

A few pet peeves displayed by the guys not this show: 

Gentleman are supposed to take off their hats when entering a home or especially at a restaurant. Whitney left his on at the lunch with Kat. Is he so afraid of what might happen that he is always fully dressed and ready to run? Even Kat had a snarky comment on his wearing the jacket...”Are you practicing for Colorado?” 

Then the hats were on the boys as they ate dinner in Colorado too. Ok. I think that I was much too distracted to be mad at that because of how horribly Austin eats and chews with his mouth open. Like a cement mixer. There are few to no manners in the males of this bunch. 

I think Austin’s tongue is bigger than it’s supposed to be. He seems to have trouble talking too.  An affiliction of some sort.  Let’s ask Dr. Know it All.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think Austin’s tongue is bigger than it’s supposed to be. He seems to have trouble talking too.  An affiliction of some sort.  Let’s ask Dr. Know it All.

🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
On 7/18/2019 at 12:33 PM, AttackTurtle said:

Hides head....I've always been somewhat attracted to Whitney.  I've considered that he is denying any hook-up with Kathryn so as to avoid any future confrontation/allegation/involvement with Thomas.  Thomas has thrown a lot at Kathryn and her lifestyle in the Court and I don't think Whitney wants any part of it; or he was possibly seeing someone at the time.  

Me, too, I admit it. 

The way these SC guys are going rapidly downhill, what if Whit turns out to be the only one that most of us would “do”? Not what we’d have predicted during Seasons 1 and 2! :-0

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 5:25 PM, biakbiak said:

I find him hot ...

Same. I honestly didn't find his behavior that odd until this episode came out. He was talking about sushi instead of the curry chicken she was making but he was clearly joking with her. To me, it was good-natured.

Lately, though, I do see the controlling nature of it. Yeah most normal people wouldn't go on a ski trip with an ex fiance but this is also her job. And then throw in the stuff with the restaurant.

I would HATE to be on a reality show. HATE it. But I would never do it. He should reconsider.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 1

I get Craig getting frustrated by Whitney's whining but his reaction was disproportionate to the situation and we've seen this from him yet again. Is something genuinely going on with him? His fuse seems pretty short this season and it comes out in the most over the top ways.

Whitney is being really awkward on camera denying him hooking up with Kathryn. If it didn't happen, why act so suspicious in your denial? And if it did happen, he's not even trying to lie convincingly. I just don't get the angle here but at the same time, it seems like Kathryn is trying to make this her storyline by bringing it up with the women and then having it get back to Whitney and now confronting him about it. Maybe Whitney recognizes Kathryn's game and doesn't want to entertain it. I like how she made it seem like it randomly got out there that they hooked up when in reality she initiated the conversation with details to a table full of women.

Metul seemed...kind of a like an ass. My eyes would get lost in the back of my head if I had someone self-righteously tell me that a cookie is going to give me diabetes and a yogurt parfait is going to give me high blood pressure. Being with someone who has that know-it-all attitude is more likely to make me sick than any cookie might. This is the first time I've seen Metul and actually came away with a negative impression whereas in the past I was neutral on him. Maybe my past neutrality was due to him speaking very little. I don't like the dynamic between the two of them. I get that there are people that are naturally sarcastic and push buttons but I don't find that cute in a relationship unless the other person can match that attitude with banter and wit. Naiomi is not that person. This episode read more like him talking down to her and her laughing like a giddy schoolgirl idiot thinking his behaviour is so cute because he's cute and therefore it's a compliment to simply have his attention. She seems lovestruck and he seems nonchalant...it's kind of an embarrassing look for Naiomi.

• Love 9
(edited)

I find it interesting how much of what we see watching the show is through our own past experiences, which seems really obvious, but never really struck me so much as with the Metul stuff. I thought he seemed awkward at first at the gym, but the night of Indian cooking and at the store, my husband and I both commented on how much more real and comfortable their relationship seems than hers with Craig ever did. He was teasing her and it didn’t seem overly harsh to me. Good natured teasing is a sign of a healthy relationship. Some people have thicker skin than others, so the teasing just has to be at the right level for each individual.  Plus, he said diabetes, which in the context, I think most people assume he meant type 2, which does probably have a little to do with diet, and he said it casually, not in a medical setting talking to a patient. I hear that sort of thing all the time. Finally, my husband and I are good friends with most of our exes, and we would never have a problem with traveling with those, but when an ex is constantly denigrating your current relationship and talking about lack of closure, that would be concerning. Her relationship with Craig always seemed much more upsetting to me even before they broke up, and he’s still clearly unstable. If I were Naomie, I would absolutely not want to be stuck in a house with him, and if I were Metul, I wouldn’t want my girlfriend there either.

Edited by Mhl2016
  • Love 6

Naomi is trying so hard, but, unfortunately, she's not so lucky with men.  Craig was a bad experience and now Metul.  Ughhh....But, it's not an either/or.  She can move on.  I hope. lol  The pool of men in Charleston must be limited, based on what we see on this show.  

• Love 3
On 7/19/2019 at 12:42 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

Why does Cameron have to comment on everyone else's relationship?

Because she's not good for anything else? 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:14 AM, scrb said:

Though they mocked Whitney for being spoiled after having inherited $100 million. 

Craig said that in his ragey anger. I think he was trying to  prove a point that Whitney was wealthy and therefore a spoiled complainer with an attitude. Although Whit has money, he inherited nowhere near 100 million $$. In fact I don't think Whitney's dad was the one with that kind of wealth, it was Patricia's other husbands. The others on the bus were laughing at how silly that comment was. 

• Love 4
On 7/18/2019 at 9:40 AM, chewycandy said:

Craig is so jealous of the moneyed men on this show, and how Cameran always takes Whit’s side even when he is being rude or a downer. She’s a social climber and always wants to be on Pat’s good side.

She's been friends with Whitney way before the show even started. She has no reason to be a social climber. She's got the rich doctor husband and fancy house. 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, mjstrick said:

I have NO idea WTAF is wrong with Craig.  That outburst at the airport was unbelievable.  Those who said it's some kind of depression manifesting as anger, I definitely think you're right.  Crazy behavior right there.

I can't explain the one at Cam's bday party but this one was probably brought on by lack of sleeps. They were at the airport at 5:20ish.  I'd be surprised if he even went to bed that night.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:17 AM, California Girl said:

Whitney is looking good this season due to some very well done and subtle cosmetic procedures.  A mid- and lower facelift perhaps?  An upper and lower blepharoplasty?  Fillers?  Botox? His beautiful mother Patricia has clearly also benefited from some excellent "work" over the years.  They likely use the same surgeon(s) and dermatologist(s).  (If either one reads these boards, I would be grateful if you could please recommend your cosmetic surgeon(s) for a "friend".)

I think it helps he got rid of that goth/emo persona. 

On 7/19/2019 at 3:53 PM, BookElitist said:

Why must Cameron always insist upon sitting near  SHEP  and Whitney, traveling with  SHEP  and Whitney ... all The Time - - SCHLEP  and Whitney [esp.  SHEP] ?!

The 3 of them have been long time friends before the show. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Naomi told Metul that he wants her to keep her accountable for what she eats. And then she tries to play victim when she wants to eat a cookie. JUST EAT IT. 

And I thought Kathryn's swim suit was cute! It was still skin tight and not the flowy grandma ones that fat people like me have to wear. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I didn’t see anything wrong with Katherine’s bathin’ suit either. It had a regular[ish] bottom and an elongated top rather than midriff like Austen’s friend. It wasn’t old-fashioned nor FASHIONed for the 'OLDer’ woman. She just needs to tone and Core-exercise.

However, i don’t think that Chelsea nor NaomiE have particularly attractive figures. They are skinny and appear fit but the actual shape of their figures is not particularly interesting or 'good’. One can be both tiny and shapely- -they are not.

Edited by BookElitist
...cuz o’ grammar
  • Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, Natalie68 said:

There is not one thing sexy about Austin so I want them to cease showing him unclothed.  He bugs me.

Not only does Austin have the face of a muppet he has the body of one too...

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Cameran tricking Shep with the crocodile thing was hilarious to me.  

I felt bad for Kathryn that none of them seemed to think that maybe taking her to a pot store wasn't a good idea. I'm sort of torn there though, because everyone else shouldn't have to change their behavior for her.  I guess it would have just been nice to at least see some sort of conversation about not smoking (since they didn't all get edibles) near her room or something.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, TexasGal said:

felt bad for Kathryn that none of them seemed to think that maybe taking her to a pot store wasn't a good idea. I'm

She’s also not supposed to be drinking but had no problem not only bringing champagne to the hot tub but also gleefully shooting Madison in the face with it. I found her reaction as fake as Craig saying he couldn’t have any pot because he is an attorney and than a few hours later looking high as fuck at dinner. Not saying she was getting high but I found her needing to not be around certain substances fake.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2019 at 12:26 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Will they be born in the summer of their (varied) year, coming home to a place they've never been before?  Will they leave yesterday behind them, you might say they were born again, you might say they've found the key to every door? 

Given more rumor mongering and pent-up fury, I vote for no.  Oh, John Denver, you promised us so much about the healing power of the Rockies.  It's not going to penetrate through the alcohol for these supposedly charming southerners. 

Original air date 2019.07.17  

I didn't know if many viewers are familiar with John Denver and Rocky Mountain High.  I hope so!  It really is an awesome song. Here's a link for it.  Still brings tears to my eyes.  (RIP John.)  

I hope that the Southern Charm gang really soak up the beauty and love in the Rocky Mountains. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

She's been friends with Whitney way before the show even started. She has no reason to be a social climber. She's got the rich doctor husband and fancy house. 

I can't explain the one at Cam's bday party but this one was probably brought on by lack of sleeps. They were at the airport at 5:20ish.  I'd be surprised if he even went to bed that night.

I think it helps he got rid of that goth/emo persona. 

The 3 of them have been long time friends before the show. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Naomi told Metul that he wants her to keep her accountable for what she eats. And then she tries to play victim when she wants to eat a cookie. JUST EAT IT. 

And I thought Kathryn's swim suit was cute! It was still skin tight and not the flowy grandma ones that fat people like me have to wear. 

I think the only cast members who were actually “friends” - that had nothing to do with this show or the show Whitney originally conceived (a male-oriented one) - were Thomas and JD, and perhaps Thomas and Whitney (who he met through Patricia). Rather, it’s the show that ignited the friendship beteeen OGs Whitney, Cam, and Shep, and, to a lesser extent, Craig.

This article explains the origins of SC in more detail: 

https://m.eonline.com/amp/news/847779/how-southern-charm-became-the-sleeper-hit-of-bravo

12 hours ago, BookElitist said:

However, i don’t think that Chelsea nor NaomiE have particularly attractive figures. They are skinny and appear fit but the actual shape of their figures is not particularly interesting or 'good’. One can be both tiny and shapely- -they are not.

I think Chelsea has a gorgeous physique—she’s tiny but VERY fit. 

I also think Kathryn has a perfectly lovely figure, but dreadful taste in fashion. Bathing suit included. 

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She’s also not supposed to be drinking but had no problem not only bringing champagne to the hot tub but also gleefully shooting Madison in the face with it. I found her reaction as fake as Craig saying he couldn’t have any pot because he is an attorney and than a few hours later looking high as fuck at dinner. Not saying she was getting high but I found her needing to not be around certain substances fake.

Kathryn was addicted to marijuana. Testing positive for marijuana was how she lost custody of the kids in 2016. Makes sense to me that it’s more of a sensitive issue than alcohol. 

• Love 4

It looked like at first that Kathryn was not comfortable having the champaign bottle in her hands. She looked like she wanted to get rid of it quickly. So I bet one or all of them convinced her to give the gun a try since she couldn't partake 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Kathryn was addicted to marijuana. Testing positive for marijuana was how she lost custody of the kids in 2016. Makes sense to me that it’s more of a sensitive issue than alcohol. 

Was it just marijuana?  Or did she test positive for other drugs, too?  If Kathryn lived in Colorado, testing positive for having ingested weed wouldn't be an issue, unless they could prove she ingested it when she had custody of the kids, and maybe not even then. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, izabella said:

Was it just marijuana?  Or did she test positive for other drugs, too?  If Kathryn lived in Colorado, testing positive for having ingested weed wouldn't be an issue, unless they could prove she ingested it when she had custody of the kids, and maybe not even then. 

She couldn’t be arrested but part of the custody agreement is that she doesn’t use drugs unless she has prescription.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, izabella said:

Yes from what I recall, it was just marijuana that she tested positive for that caused the custody loss. She definitely had other addictions—alcohol and probably benzodiazepines. But weed was her major vice from what I’ve read. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Not only does Austin have the face of a muppet he has the body of one too...

Haha! Enh I actually don't mind Austin.  He seems to be genuinely likeable person and having seen all those Bachelor/Bachelorette shows with the men (and women) having unbelievably perfect bodies I don't mind seeing someone with a normal build.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, Dmarie019 said:

I agree it was cute my only worry was her steady tugging at the hem of the suit (at the bottom) when she was getting in the hot tub to keep it from riding up.  You could clearly see it was a sensitive thing for her to have her thighs showing too much.

As far as the weed situation goes with Kat I blame production for this.  They arranged all this and they knew she had this problem in the past.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

As far as the weed situation goes with Kat I blame production for this.  They arranged all this and they knew she had this problem in the past.

If it crazy bothered her she could have chosen not to go. If she decided to take a paycheck over messing with her sobriety over her custody of her children it’s on her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

If it crazy bothered her she could have chosen not to go. If she decided to take a paycheck over messing with her sobriety over her custody of her children it’s on her.

Austin didn't tell them about going to the dispenserary(?) until they were already in Colorado. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Austin didn't tell them about going to the dispenserary(?) until they were already in Colorado. 

They are given call sheets and it was one of the reasons given for going to Colorado.

• Love 3

Craig’s college friend Jerry has the sexiest deep voice. Handsome too. He kind of made my knees weak, lol. 

I caught a few parts of old episodes today. Craig has always been such a weird dude. They showed a scene where they were all on vacation with Thomas and Ashley, and Craig had already run out of clothes on the second day of their trip. Oooh-kay then. He had a bare chest under his jacket and said he had shaved his chest. Whitney was really poking fun at him. Craig is just an oddball. Surprised Naomie could handle three years with him, yikes! 

• Love 4
On 7/18/2019 at 11:33 AM, AttackTurtle said:

I really hope that Shep finds his way back to being the Shep that stood up for people when they were left out of things.  I don't like snooty/entitled/judgment Shep.

I am pretty sure that this is the real Shep.  He will stand up for a friend of his here and there, but generally he is entitled/snooty/judgmental.  And for the most part he's just drunk/wasted more often and the real him is seeping out.  The charm/alcohol balance is now more parts alcohol to fewer parts charm.  It was always a slim margin of charm over alcohol before, where the charm won out during the day, now the alcohol wins pretty much all the time. 

On 7/18/2019 at 12:16 PM, biakbiak said:

What his roommate and friend from college seem to be saying is that this is what he always has done and has always not finished things he starts since they have known him.

I love that Craig and his roommate think adult living rooms are trash filled with last nights partying.

Craig likely was kept on a pretty tight leash by his parents, they kept him on task growing up and he never really learned how to do stuff on his own.  This is the result of him not having any sort of self discipline and being in over his head.  He's not dumb and he would be a nightmare for a therapist because he can talk his way out of things, so he was likely able to coast through college pretty easily.  Now that he's in a position where he has to have actual deadlines and accountability, the wheels come off and he ends up living like Craig.  

On 7/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, tranquilidade said:

I don't think Whitney wants what happens off the show on the show and I'm not sure why Kathryn ever brought it up in the first place.   I get the feeling their encounter was, well, how do I say this- not really a complete hookup.  I mean he had his glasses on....which suggests a quick and short stop on the highway of love.  I thought Kathryn's discussion of it was really awkward way before he started denying it.  She seemed to gossip about it rather childishly.  At the same time he genuinely seems to  like her and respect  her in every other way.  

Whitney doesn't have a problem talking about stuff that happens off of the show for other people, though.  He was more than happy to talk about Kathryn's past issues that happened off screen.  It's just his own that he doesn't want to discuss, which is pretty shitty.  

On 7/18/2019 at 5:17 PM, 2dogmom said:

i sincerely hope that Shep loses his shirt on his property investment.  i don't know what it is like to build on the East Coast near water, but I know its a very difficult process on the West Coast.  Considering flooding and hurricane damage I can only imagine it is very hard to do.  How will he get electricity or sewer lines out there?  Maybe he just wants to build his own Polo Estate like Thomas. I wonder if it just "goes away" like Whitney's restaurant.

The type of land Shep was looking at isn't all that different from the marshes of Hilton Head or some of the marsh islands by Savannah.  It isn't impossible to develop, though it is likely to become increasingly problematic as storm surge becomes a bigger and bigger issue with hurricanes.  

On 7/18/2019 at 9:54 PM, Sterling said:

Ugh....Naomie is defending Metul on her Instagram.

She's gotten so many negative comments about him, and she responded saying it's "the camera", etc.

This reminds me of when I defended the controlling, a-hole Metul of my own.  Shudder.

So cameras add 20 pounds and a bunch of asshole now?

On 7/21/2019 at 4:14 PM, Gem 10 said:

His tongue and his ego.  

• Love 1