Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Rocky Mountain High Part 1

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was reading through Twitter and came across someone who was saying that she thinks that TRav is going to go after Kat for being a sex addict. That this is why Whitney is trying to keep his one night stand (maybe more?) with her under wraps. He is afraid of being forced to go into court and testify. Then his mother Pat responded to the tweet saying (paraphrased) that finally someone else gets it.  

Well, he did just put that in his latest custody case against her this week. Yet, this show was filmed last fall, so I don’t think Whitney “predicted the future” on that one. Yet, somehow T-Rav got Kathryn’s ex to get on board with his defense. It’s possible all this was brewing over the last year. But I also thought Whitney and Patricia cut all ties with T-Rav after the Ashley stuff and the rape/abuse allegations. ...Anyway...Twitter theory. Let’s just leave it at that. Most likely Whitney is smart enough not to want to get tied up in ANY of that drama—no good could come from sleeping with Kathryn. So if he was stupid enough to do it and regrets it, might as well pretend it didn’t happen or act like he has no idea what they’re talking about.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Seriously, it's 2019 and men haven't figured out that "I'm waiting up" is code for "you might get lucky if you get here in 20"? I'm not exactly surprised Craig didn't know that though.

Is Austen lazy? unmotivated? not that smart? I really can't tell. If the distributor thinks your beer has a shot in such a crowded market, why not go all in? I would work my butt off to get a beer on the market if I thought I had a shot in a crowded market like Charleston.

Yes but prolonged consumption of processed crap is why we have so many Type 1 people now. I'm going to reserve judgement on Metul I think discomfort on camera makes you look like an asshole at first. Besides he doesn't appear to be more disdainful of the absurdity of a reality show that any of the rest of us.

Why does Cameron have to comment on everyone else's relationship?

Consuming carbs or processed food does not cause Type I diabetes. It is an Autoimmune disorder.    I resent that Metul, as a medical professional puts that out there. Maybe, that's his personal opinion, but, there is no medical or scientific evidence to support that.  Babies who have consumed only breast milk can get Type I diabetes. Type II is more complicated, but, they are not caused by the same thing.  People get them mixed up, I get that, but, Metul should know better.  He may not be an Endocrinologist, but, he has some knowledge of  autoimmune disorders, like Type I Diabetes.  

https://dtc.ucsf.edu/types-of-diabetes/type1/understanding-type-1-diabetes/autoimmunity/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, theajw said:

Thank you!

The Metul scene bothered me on a couple of levels.

1.  I'm married to a food police type.  I remember once on a group outing to the mountains (just like Southern Charm!), when someone else in our group brought two dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, I dared to have two, and he got mad and said I embarrassed him in front of his friends.  I dread going grocery shopping together because he makes snide comments.  "Why are you buying all that cheese?"  I know it comes from a place of concern, but it's the tone that bugs me.  

2.  Diabetes runs in my family.  Type 1.  My father, fit as a fiddle, was diagnosed in this 40s.  He is now 89 and recently spent a month in the hospital due to diabetic ketoacidosis despite being super-vigilant about keeping his diabetes in check.  

No disrespect but this isn't from a place of concern if he is saying you embarrassed him.  

• Love 16
On 7/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, heatherchandler said:

THANK YOU!  It is disgusting and pathetic to use having a vaginal as an insult.  Is she that backwards and stupid?

I find Chelsea to be an asshole when she goes into these sexist attack rants questing a guy's manhood/masculinity when it doesn't live up to her standards.

Did you catch her sigh when Austen didn't hit the clay targets during the skeet shooting?

I can't  imagine how a guy would be eviscerated if a guy ever told Chelsea she should  be more/behave more ladylike.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think the main reason I don't like Metul is he just isn't any fun.  He's not a fun person to be around.  It's not the remark about the cookie alone or the remark about drama or Naomie be girlfriend of the year.  It's all these things combined including what I've seen in previous episodes just leads me to believe that he takes himself WAAAAY too seriously.  Lighten up dude!  Laugh, smile, eat a cookie, indulge in some silly gossip, agree with the woman you're supposed to be in love with when she tries to compliment herself. 

The guy is just a stick in the mud.  Oh and don't complain about drama and gossip when you're on a reality t.v. show. (!!)  Where the F does he think he's at??

• Love 21
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think the main reason I don't like Metul is he just isn't any fun.  He's not a fun person to be around.  It's not the remark about the cookie alone or the remark about drama or Naomie be girlfriend of the year.  It's all these things combined including what I've seen in previous episodes just leads me to believe that he takes himself WAAAAY too seriously.  Lighten up dude!  Laugh, smile, eat a cookie, indulge in some silly gossip, agree with the woman you're supposed to be in love with when she tries to compliment herself. 

The guy is just a stick in the mud.  Oh and don't complain about drama and gossip when you're on a reality t.v. show. (!!)  Where the F does he think he's at??

Right. It's like she's happy and positive, but, after talking with him for 5 minutes and she's looking all deflated, on the verge of tears.  Not good.  I hope she does some real soul searching.  People who eat away at your self esteem are not good for the soul.  And, it can lead to much more serious issues.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, BookElitist said:

Why must Cameron always insist upon sitting near  SHEP  and Whitney, traveling with  SHEP  and Whitney ... all The Time - - SCHLEP  and Whitney [esp.  SHEP] ?!

Maybe to keep her spot on the show as the highest earner, along with Shep? And Whitney is the producer. Gotta keep her eyes on the money.

• Love 9
(edited)

I haven’t seen Naomie being close to tears over Metul.

Other than going to see his land which makes since because it’s real estate did Cam even talk to Shep this episode? 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Shannah Banana said:

I'm glad to see I'm in the majority when it comes to dickhead, Metool...wow, if Naomi thinks he's a keeper, then bye bye Naomi's individuality.  He literally screams CONTROL FREAK.  That shit don't cut it.

RIGHT????

i was SO DISAPPOINTED when she said “I’d NEVER get another guy like him in my LIFE!”

I could not believe what I was hearing… She’s a lovely girl… Educated… Bilingual… Possibly trilingual… I’m just very surprised to see her crumble to nearly praising his every word as “gospel”.... then raving about him....and the two of them as a couple...

sad...I don’t like seen her have this different persona with this guy that obviously has the God Complex....omg...don’t want to see her back with Craig...but I REALLY don’t want her to consider herself “LUCKY” to have this... me“Tool”...,

ugh..... domineering jerk....(don’t question me type arrogant a$$hole)

• Love 10
On 7/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, nexxie said:

Or he’s ashamed of himself for it, for some reason.

IMO.... After the total destruction of TRav and Ashley in the public eye....Patricia and Whitney had to embrace Katherine to save face after subjecting her to earlier treatment and ridicule....

i believe deep down Whitney DOES perhaps have deep feelings for Katherine.....and they were together over the summer....being the Southern ppl they are....(Bravo show or not)....this situation is unmentionable...kept between them....NOT for the masses....VERY déclassé to broadcast the event....

Pat and Whit May have given more credit to her class/bloodline than she deserved at this point in her journey.

i don’t know why she told anybody to begin with...other than SL and confrontation....

after hearing Miss Patricia response after a guest from dinner party said “What if Whitney and Katharine got married?”

Patricia pleasantly responded with “Well at least I’d be assured grandchildren!”

me thinks after the loose tongue of Katherine having to spread news....that’s offf the table now.

there was a moment I thought Whitney May have been into it....into Katherine more than we knew.....but not now....after zero regard for discretion...talking about a hookup like she would talk about a hair appointment.

He May have been hurt...,Therefore embarrassed…

again...JMHO 😬

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Disclaimer: Did not re watch for accuracy.

After that disturbingly awkward scene between Austen and Madison in the house post hot tub, Madison leaves the kitchen for her bedroom and Austen turns around to the table and it appeared to me he had his hand down his pants.

Renob.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was reading through Twitter and came across someone who was saying that she thinks that TRav is going to go after Kat for being a sex addict. That this is why Whitney is trying to keep his one night stand (maybe more?) with her under wraps. He is afraid of being forced to go into court and testify. Then his mother Pat responded to the tweet saying (paraphrased) that finally someone else gets it.  

There is a recent article out there about this where he claims she is addicted to a number of things and sex is one of them.  It's all an attempt to get custody but at the end of the day I think it is more about not having to pay her child support because he could never parent full time he is too busy getting arrested.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, mytmo said:

Whitney is James Spader without the wit.

... or the confidence... or looks...

4 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Why must Cameron always insist upon sitting near  SHEP  and Whitney, traveling with  SHEP  and Whitney ... all The Time - - SCHLEP  and Whitney [esp.  SHEP] ?!

She’s obsessed with being with Whitney, she even said “well I’m going where Whitney goes” when he got off the bus.  And she left with him season 2 when they were at Shep’s Linville (?) house.

• Love 8

Ohhh Naomi, Naomi. You are so smart and beautiful and kind. Why do you think that you will “never get anyone better than Metul”?  You have that boy on a pedestal. He is so arrogant and belittling. The fact that you “couldn’t” go to Colorado just bc your ex was there makes me scared for you. He is controlling!!! Ugh. Please wake up and realize he is not a good fit for you. Who cares if he is a doctor. Find someone fun and loving who lets you be YOU!!! You are too good for him. Bye Metul!!!

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Consuming carbs or processed food does not cause Type I diabetes.

Yes, diabetes is an autoimmune disorder. However "We don't know what causes the tissues to become resistant to insulin in type 2 diabetes, but we know it is linked to obesity and often runs in families." -- Medical News Today. I shouldn't have said Type 1 it's actually obesity that can lead to type 2.
The whole discussion reminds me of the dust up because Michelle Obama suggested children eat fruits and veggies instead of cookies. 

I still think Metul regrets signing the release. I bet production wants him to be jealous of Craig. It wouldn't surprise me if production planted the seed with Naomi that she shouldn't go to Colorado. We know production meddles in the background.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 7.16.32 PM.png

Edited by Drumpf1737
54 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

... or the confidence... or looks...

She’s obsessed with being with Whitney, she even said “well I’m going where Whitney goes” when he got off the bus.  And she left with him season 2 when they were at Shep’s Linville (?) house.

Yes, because Cameran is a suck-up and social climber. She has always stuck closest to Whitney and Shep. She knows the hierarchy. 

The thing I like a lot about Austen is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. He openly admitted to being crazy about Chelsea, and now Madison. He shows vulnerability, unlike rough Chelsea who critiques everyone else but keeps any of her vulnerability out of sight. She’s boring AF for TV. 

I just knew that Shep’s contempt for Madison was due to her rejecting him at some point. He would sleep with “white trash” (read: beneath him) Madison in a heartbeat if he could, if only to beat out Austen. Shep, you’re just a dick. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, South Mouth said:

Ohhh Naomi, Naomi. You are so smart and beautiful and kind. Why do you think that you will “never get anyone better than Metul”?  You have that boy on a pedestal. He is so arrogant and belittling. The fact that you “couldn’t” go to Colorado just bc your ex was there makes me scared for you. He is controlling!!! Ugh. Please wake up and realize he is not a good fit for you. Who cares if he is a doctor. Find someone fun and loving who lets you be YOU!!! You are too good for him. Bye Metul!!!

It doesn’t help that Cameran goes around gushing and blushing over Metul, causing Naomie to think she really landed a huge prize that other women dream of. He is no dream but very much of a nightmare. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Yes, because Cameran is a suck-up and social climber. She has always stuck closest to Whitney and Shep. She knows the hierarchy. 

The thing I like a lot about Austen is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. He openly admitted to being crazy about Chelsea, and now Madison. He shows vulnerability, unlike rough Chelsea who critiques everyone else but keeps any of her vulnerability out of sight. Boring. 

I just knew that Shep’s contempt for Madison was due to her rejecting him at some point. He would sleep with “white trash” (read: beneath him) Madison in a heartbeat if he could, if only to beat out Austen. Shep, you’re just a dick. 

• Love 2

Metul is weird. I didn't like how he cut off Naomi's story with, "I just don't like to be around people that gossip," or something like that. Like ok, so your gf can't just tell you about what's gone on the past few days in her life? 

• Love 8

I hope I never encounter Metul in a medical setting, it’s bad enough to be in a hospital...but to know you are being judged so harshly by your doctor is unsettling. I don’t think he has the ability to show/feel/express compassion at this stage in his life. Hopefully that will change with life experience, it’s nice to know your doctor has a human side  

Then again Ashley is a hospice nurse, she wouldn’t be on my list of preferred providers either. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, 2dogmom said:

hope I never encounter Metul in a medical setting, it’s bad enough to be in a hospital...but to know you are being judged so harshly by your doctor is unsettling. I don’t think he has the ability to show/feel/express compassion at this stage in his life. Hopefully that will change with life experience, it’s nice to know your doctor has a human side  

I wouldn’t go that far.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, cameron said:

I vote for Cameron to be Mother of the Year  (Not).  Guess she conveniently forgets about Palmer at home.

She left her child for three days to work while making sure her mother, mother-in-law, and husband were taking care of her child. Kathryn and Madison are also mothers who I assume also made arrangements for childcare.

• Love 23
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

People, please by all that is holy, it’s NAOMIE

Yes!  It's a different spelling, but it's her name!

Her wonderful, loving, supportive boyfriend Mee-tool spells it "Nomie" on his Instagram.  All. The. Time.  

Bringing discomfort and hoping to increase her insecurities one Insta post at a time.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Sterling said:

wonderful, loving, supportive boyfriend Mee-tool spells it "Nomie" on his Instagram.  All. The. Time.  

It’s actually her nickname it’s how Craig has or at least used to have in his phone and Wilson her roommate also uses it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, SoTheresThat said:

This show is a job.  Lots of women and men travel for their jobs. 

13 minutes ago, SoTheresThat said:

This show is a job.  Lots of women and men travel for their jobs. 

Don't think that they twisted her arm.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s actually her nickname it’s how Craig has or at least used to have in his phone and Wilson her roommate also uses it.

OK then I'll retract what I said about Metul misspelling it.

But I won't retract what I think about his controlling, undermining personality.  I didn't like him the first time they showed him, and every time I see him, I like him less.  Plus I think he's literally the least handsome man on the show.  Ugh.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, cameron said:

You don’t have to twist that many parents arm to take a short vacation from their children. Though when you add in Craig and some of these other people it’s probably a wash in terms of relaxation. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cameron said:

I don't think they twisted her arm.

She has a great gig that it looks like she enjoys.  She's obviously got a good support system in place to care for her child when she's not there.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Sage47 said:

It doesn’t help that Cameran goes around gushing and blushing over Metul, causing Naomie to think she really landed a huge prize that other women dream of. He is no dream but very much of a nightmare. 

I don’t find him good looking at all. Maybe I’d feel different if he had an awesome personality, smiled, laughed, etc. 

• Love 3
On 7/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, Lizzing said:

I've often wondered about how much power a creator/EP has.  For a long time, Scott Dunlop got EP status on OC (maybe still does there) and several of the other franchises.  He's been credited simply as "creator" of the OC on all the other HW franchises now for a while.  But from what anyone's ever said, Dunlop really only had any kind of control in the OC, and only in early seasons at that.  I do think Whitney potentially has a lot more control on this iteration of SC than the others, but I don't think he's "in charge".  After all, when he pitched the sizzle reel years ago, there were no women in the show and it was all his drunk dude friends.  And we know what kind of shitty docs and political ads he produces, so I'm thinking there are much better tv production minds at work on this show.  That said, even if he had no production control, he's in charge of what comes out of his mouth with regard to his actions with Kathryn.  The whole situation is just weird: it's an odd choice to deny they hooked up over the summer while both in LA.  Isn't it kind of like the crew hookups on Below Deck?  Like, they work together, both in the same place at the same time, both horny & willing participants...  Denying it and giving the story more "legs" than just saying 'yeah, it happened, so what?' is an odd narrative choice.  It's only interesting in trying to figure out why they thought the storyline would be interesting, and that is far too meta for this type of fare.

That's another head scratcher.  First, I don't think he practices, though he probably keeps his license current.  But second, it's not like the SC Bar runs around and randomly drug tests lawyers.  He'd have to do something *in his practice* that would give them cause to investigate.  And doing weed where it is legal is hardly going to get the Bar after him.  Truth be told, if he were practicing, pot in CO on vacation wouldn't be the potential issue, it'd be all the excessive drinking in SC.  FFS, my law school chancellor was busted with pot in the Atlanta airport and still kept his license and his job (albeit demoted).

I blame Kathryn's pleather black pants obsession on Thomas: all those years of his wearing skin-tight white jeans, she picked up the habit. LOL!

“Skin tight white jeans”!!!!  They used to make my skin crawl. He is obviously still stuck in the 1990s. So glad we don’t have to see those white jeans anymore. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, South Mouth said:

I don’t find him good looking at all. Maybe I’d feel different if he had an awesome personality, smiled, laughed, etc. 

I find him hot but than I follow Naomie on IG where he smiles, laughs and does dorky dances often so maybe that’s why. Yes, IG isn’t the whole picture of real life but neither is the about 7 minutes we have seen of Metul on the show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She left her child for three days to work while making sure her mother, mother-in-law, and husband were taking care of her child. Kathryn and Madison are also mothers who I assume also made arrangements for childcare.

She's doing her part on the show, not showing houses like the realtor she professes to be.

2 minutes ago, cameron said:

She's doing her part on the show, not showing houses like the realtor she professes to be.

The show is a job which pays more money in a few months than most realtors make in a year. 

• Love 14
On 7/18/2019 at 8:08 AM, Mindthinkr said:

because of how horribly Austin eats and chews with his mouth open. Like a cement mixer.

Chelsea and Cameran also eat with their mouths open.  Who taught these people table manners?  Wouldn't that come under the heading of Southern Charm?  It's so disgusting.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I find him hot but than I follow Naomie on IG where he smiles, laughs and does dorky dances often so maybe that’s why. Yes, IG isn’t the whole picture of real life but neither is the about 7 minutes we have seen of Metul on the show.

Funny, I too follow both Naomie's and now Metul's IG, and the more I see of him, the less I like him.  

And that story about the Valentine, I'm sorry, not impressed.  Too.....photo opp'y.  Trying to make himself look like this great guy.  A great man does these things and doesn't tell anyone.  I work with doctors, and there are some I've known for over a decade who, as it turns out, go on mission trips regularly....they just never share that they do it.  He reminds me of a male Bethenny Frankel.

I won't be convinced that Metul is anything other than a controlling, narcissistic man who is chipping away at his "Nomie's" self esteem by the day.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sterling said:

And that story about the Valentine, I'm sorry, not impressed.  Too.....photo opp'y.  Trying to make him look like this great guy.  A great man does these things and doesn't tell anyone.  I work with doctors, and there are some I've known for over a decade who, as it turns out, go on mission trips regularly....they just never share that they do it.

The focus of the story is also get people to realize how easy and important it is to register to be a bone marrow donor which was also what they were promoting so you don’t do that in silence. 

• Love 9

Charmers,

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character threads.

If you find yourself going back and forth on  the same topic, it's time for a refreshing cocktail; this will give you a chance to reflect on your  options.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

People, please by all that is holy, it’s NAOMIE

Sorry for shouting. I love y’all. Please forgive me.

I have to admit that I'm baffled by how many misspellings of her name occur.  It's only one additional letter-an "e"-tacked on to the end of the traditional spelling of Naomi, which is spelled pretty much the way it sounds. 😕 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/19/2019 at 4:53 PM, BookElitist said:

I assumed it was because the 3 of them are close. They’ve all spoken about it in interviews, etc. 

• Love 1