Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Rocky Mountain High Part 1

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

Kathryn confronts Whitney about a rumor; Cameran reveals to Shep that she's invited Madison to her birthday ski trip in Colorado; the trip gets off to a rocky start as a frustrated Craig unleashes his pent-up fury.

Will they be born in the summer of their (varied) year, coming home to a place they've never been before?  Will they leave yesterday behind them, you might say they were born again, you might say they've found the key to every door? 

Given more rumor mongering and pent-up fury, I vote for no.  Oh, John Denver, you promised us so much about the healing power of the Rockies.  It's not going to penetrate through the alcohol for these supposedly charming southerners. 

Original air date 2019.07.17  

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

have some expensive throw pillows that cost more than $75.00.  However, that price for one of Craig’s pillows is crazy.

But we’re they made by a straight white male?! Though his assistant seems to do most of the sewing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, bosawks said:

The only reason I can see why Whitney is making a weird thing about not sleeping with Katherine is because he actually didn’t sleep with her....

Or he’s ashamed of himself for it, for some reason.

• Love 9

Craig gets mad because Whitney wants to separate from the group and travel a different way and his response is to separate from the group and go away?

He is consistently Craig, I’ll give him that.

2 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Or he’s ashamed of himself for it, for some reason.

I think he wants to say no in a way that will makes us think it was actually a yes, if that makes any sense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Craig saying he’s an attorney is laughable.  I think we all know you’re never going to practice law, Craig.

I assume Kathryn needs the money from the show and that means having to be with Whitney, but, if someone was embarrassed by sleeping with me, we’d have to go separate ways.

• Love 20
(edited)

Craig was right about Whitney being spoiled - Whit probably hates hanging with this crew!

Looks like the Whitney/Kathryn thing gets worse next week - what’s she doing hooking up with the old dude anyway?

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 7

Why is Craig using his law license as excuse to not partake? It's not allowed for attorneys because it's illegal, but in places where it's legal, its no more than drinking alcohol. I'll double check, but think I'm right. 

Don't get the Whitney denial. All I can figure is that he's embarrassed. Or its not true. It's so hard for me to envision.

• Love 9

I really don't get the Naomi/Metul relationship.  She's so different when she's around him....she's so submissive.  Imagine if Craig was like that?  She'd tell him to eff off.

I'm enjoying the ski trip so far.  Well, except for Craig's melt downs.  Don't ya just love group trips?  🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

If Whitney DID sleep with Kathryn, I can actually see him denying it on film. Yes, he and his mom have made things right with Kathryn now. However, he (and Patricia) said so many bad things about her in the past that it IS somewhat embarrassing that he hooked up with her again.  “Hillbilly femme fatale” anyone? He knows it’s very two-faced to now be with her. Probably feels guilty. 

Metul is disgusting. I just knew he was that type-an arrogant POS. He will ruin Naomie’s confidence over time-she better run fast. Good description absolutelyido-“humorless”. 

Craig is spiraling. His worsening anger attacks signal serious alcoholism and major depression. 

Going to Colorado was an awesome idea, I love the ski and mountain house scenes! 

It’s kind of weird never having Chelsea’s boyfriend show up. And I wish Gentry would have come with Danni. 

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I am over Metul. Ugh, turning his nose up at a cookie---diabetes! Get over it. He came across as a condescending, controlling jerk. Plus, he looked like a poser in his outfit. Good luck Naomie. 

He gives Naomie dismissive/even contemptuous looks when she tries to be fun with him. This relationship is toxic. HE is toxic. 

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Metul apparently thinks he is superior, because he is a doctor. Now he has to inflict his superior knowledge onto Naomie and lecture her and forbid her to eat certain foods and to work out, etc. What  a fun boyfriend. 

He sounds controlling.  YIKES.

• Love 15

A lot of the time controlling people like Metul come off as great people, smart, successful, motivated, generous, etc., however, that's what they want u to see. Eventually, you get to see how they really are and it's scary.  When I used to hear how someone was controlling, I didn't get what they meant. I could not imagine it.....then when you see it firsthand!!! Omg....it's unreal. Run, Naomi.

• Love 16
(edited)

Where did Whit disappear to after they all finally boarded the bus from the airport to their lodgings?

He wasn't shown further on the bus, going into or conversation about the pot shop, getting off the bus at the lodgings, picking a room, going to dinner with the men or staying behind at the houses or going to bed.

It is like he just vanished from sight.

Edited by mbaywife123
More observations that made me ask if I missed something.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Austen always strikes me as the kid who is trying too hard. I think he's just another lazy-ass Craig--except not as aggressive. He really comes off as a sleazy used car salesman who is looking for ANYTHING that will help him make a buck without lifting a finger. He just seems so opportunistic.

Edited to add: I even think the stupid, boring, unimaginative, and uninteresting "threesome" was  a dip-shit publicity stunt.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

Kathryn is so subdued now that she always has to worry about losing custody of her kids. If that weren’t true I think we would see more exciting scenes like her sneaking into Shep’s room at night or whatever, lol. And just being more fun. She has lost some sparkle due to her association with Thomas, sad to see. 

Naomie may lose her sparkle too (not that she has that much) if she marries Metul. Controlling men scar women. I hope she reads some comments and realizes what viewers see about him before it’s too late. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, mbaywife123 said:

Where did Whit disappear to after they all finally boarded the bus from the airport to their lodgings?

He wasn't shown further on the bus, going into or conversation about the pot shop, getting off the bus at the lodgings, picking a room, going to dinner with the men or staying behind at the houses or going to bed.

It is like he just vanished from sight.

My bad I just rewatched and saw Whit in the very background on the bus at the pot shop and disembarking the bus at the lodgings trudging up the hill.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Kathryn is so subdued now and has changed so much. She has lost some of her sparkle due to her association with Thomas, sad to see. 

Naomie may lose her sparkle too (not that she has that much) if she marries Metul. Controlling men scar women emotionally. I hope she reads some comments and realizes what viewers see about him before it’s too late. 

deleted

Craig is the worst!! Like when he was bitching about Eliza’s phonecall her boyfriend was bringing her food to go, she was just telling him she was going to go to sleep because she was tired she didn’t tell him to come home or give him shit. 

Also, Whitney brought up the plane to Cameron because she mentioned she didn’t like mountain driving so putting it out there as an option over a 3 plus hour trip on a bus. I don’t mind driving but I would have jumped on it just to avoid having to deal with Craig.

• Love 11

Let me tell you. So not fun when your boyfriend polices what you eat. 

Craig’s behavior frightens me. He is SUCH a little bitch. I cannot comprehend how anyone could find him remotely attractive with the way he acts. He hates girls, especially Chelsea.

I wonder...TR has allegations out there that Kathryn has a sex addiction as well. I wonder if Whitney saying they have different definitions and denying it is a way of protecting her on camera. I don’t know. She was playing with fire with the mug and the champagne gun. I thought she wasn’t supposed to be drinking at all? We’re not stupid, and Madison had a “mug” later on in the scene. It didn’t look good 😔 I honestly worry for Kathryn.

Eliza’s boyfriend seems really nice! I like him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, bosawks said:

He is consistently Craig, I’ll give him that.

God, he was just awful.  He really is a loser.

7 hours ago, ProudMary said:

The whole Whitney/Kathryn thing is very odd. When he said that they have very different ideas about the meaning of "hook-up,"

Interesting point.  Men of a certain age........................

The pot shop looked awesome.  Michigan legalized recreational pot last year.  A lot of cities are bowing out, stupid, and mine is all in.  How fricking long does it take?  Apparently paper work and law outlines.  I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE IN LINE!  Is it wrong to camp out on the sidewalk?

Edited by jumper sage
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7

I wonder if during the time of the hookup with Kathryn he was dating someone, and was trying to prevent that person from finding out? Or maybe he thinks sex with glasses on doesn’t count as actual sex?

I thought Metul was humorless and controlling the first time we saw him when he was telling Naomi what to do at the gym like he was her hired trainer more than her boyfriend. She’s been shown trying to adapt to his life, even joking about trying to become more Indian. What does he do to adapt to her? I’m guessing nothing because they both consider him perfect. Bleh.  Also, the back of his head is flat, do you want flat headed babies, Naomi? 

In a small way, this validates what Craig was saying at Cam’s House, he just said it badly and mistakenly believes Naomi was happier with him. I think Naomi probably had a lot more fun with Craig...the first year that they dated, but ultimately his complete lack of drive or self discipline overtook the fun and she became miserable.  Now she’s with someone who has plenty of drive and self control, but lacks in fun and wants to dictate what she does. So Craig is right that she is not having the same kind of good times with Metul that they had, but wrong that she’s wistful about dating Craig.  Right now she insists she’s happy as can be because Metul has a good career and a tightly scheduled and regimented life, but their vibe together does not say relaxed best friends in love.

Craig needs to smoke weed more than anyone I’ve ever seen, good lord.  Yes, Whitney is spoiled and whiny, but there’s no reason to lose his mind over it. Did Craig put this trip together himself? He’s acting personally offended as if the others are shitting on “his” trip, but if the man can’t figure out that to be able to fill pillow orders he has to actually make the pillows, then I doubt he could pull together a trip for a crowd on his own.

Kathryn can stop wearing those faux black leather pants any time now, that would be great. I can see that she’s very self conscious about her weight, but there are plenty of casual styles that would look great on her besides pleather leggings or heavy, clunky formalwear.  She’s not fat, she’s just thicker than she’s comfortable with, and doesn’t seem to know how to dress a size or two up from her previous size.  That tight swim dress bathing suit was not the right choice, either. And her job is stylist? I would love to help her pick out a new wardrobe. She’s struggling.

Lil Craig in his taco bed bundle was precious. As much as I wish Shep had rescued a mutt instead, I can’t fight how cute I think Lil Craig is, he makes my heart swell.

Sometimes I think Chelsea’s dick is a little too big.  She’s wasting her time swinging it around with this group, none of these guys are interested in “manning up”.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20

I love how Chelsea just strolled into the dispensary and bought what she wanted without making a huge deal out of it.  Like someone mentioned upthread, some of them were acting like they were suggesting heroin. Although, Cameran's line about her anxiety was funny.  jumper sage, I agree, what the hell is taking so long?? 

Whitney is certainly an odd man.  I haven't seen someone so embarrassed to talk about sex since 7th grade.

Run Naomi, it's only going to get worse.

• Love 23

So did Kathryn know that Whitney was going to deny hooking up with her before she walked in to the restaurant with the camera's in tow? How embarrassing for her. Whitney is a strange bird. He is also a total snob. Have to agree with Craig on that.

Speaking of Craig, what is going on with him? It has to be drugs, right?  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Metul's accusation that I got Type I diabetes, because I ate carbs is insulting. He needs to brush up on his Endocrinology notes.

You know I thought about my PTV fellow T1D buddy when he said it!  Is he on Twitter-maybe I should ask him which cookie gave it to me (I hope it was a delicious one!).

I burst out laughing when Craig said something about Whitney inheriting $100M and Cameron immediately going "Can I get a hundo?"  She's second to my main girl crush of Chelsea, who seemed to get over Craig's outburst faster than I would.

I don't actually think Whitney and Kathryn slept together.  I think with T Rav gone, Whitney knew he had to step up with drama.  Maybe he is closeted, maybe he is asexual, maybe he has a girlfriend he wants to keep off camera, maybe he is saving himself for me (yes-I have always been attracted to him-I'm not perfect), but I don't think he slept with Kathryn. Patricia also (grossly for being his mom) supported a rumor he slept with Sonja Morgan and I don't believe that either (although I want them to be the next Bravo couple).  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11