Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

Why Riley, why? her nose was fine just the way it was, it is disheartening to see a young Black person doing this, I know that we have been conditioned to model ourselves after European standard of beauty, it is still disappointing to see this continue in 2020.  Why would Kandi agree to this procedure.

• Love 9
On 9/2/2020 at 10:52 PM, Pearson80 said:

Why Riley, why? her nose was fine just the way it was, it is disheartening to see a young Black person doing this, I know that we have been conditioned to model ourselves after European standard of beauty, it is still disappointing to see this continue in 2020.  Why would Kandi agree to this procedure.

I hate those triangular nostrils.

• Love 6
On 9/4/2020 at 11:54 AM, Iguessnot said:

I hate those triangular nostrils.

Yes! They are a dead giveaway to rhinoplasty. Once you see them, you cannot un-see them. I think Riley was too young at 17 to have this procedure done; at that age, you are still kind of growing into your face. It's also troubling to me that her new nose doesn't resemble her old nose at all--- she looks like a completely different person & she was pretty before. I am disappointed in Kandi.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Yes! They are a dead giveaway to rhinoplasty. Once you see them, you cannot un-see them. I think Riley was too young at 17 to have this procedure done; at that age, you are still kind of growing into your face. It's also troubling to me that her new nose doesn't resemble her old nose at all--- she looks like a completely different person & she was pretty before. I am disappointed in Kandi.

She looks more like Lil Kim than her own kin, now. 

• Love 2

I'm only on season 6 episode 3 so I don't know what all is to come, but to date Kandi is kind, considerate, smart, manages her money well, and doesn't feel the need to brag. 

Her only downfall is she's under mama's manipulative thumb and she sometimes let things slide that she shouldn't. 

I don't believe for a second that her mother is concerned that Todd wants to take advantage of her. It's all about making sure Kandi keeps giving mama everything she wants. From what I've seen on this thread so far one of those things looks to be a new house. Kandi is HER meal ticket, and any man that can't add the caviar or threatens the current handout arrangement is the enemy.

There is a difference between a guy who makes less money than his spouse and a guy that's after his spouse's money. Todd works and makes a decent income. He agreed to sign a prenup without hesitation. As far as I know, he hasn't asked Kandi to finance some business venture he's always dreamed of. Not really seeing red flags here.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, J80134 said:

I'm only on season 6 episode 3 so I don't know what all is to come, but to date Kandi is kind, considerate, smart, manages her money well, and doesn't feel the need to brag. 

Her only downfall is she's under mama's manipulative thumb and she sometimes let things slide that she shouldn't. 

I don't believe for a second that her mother is concerned that Todd wants to take advantage of her. It's all about making sure Kandi keeps giving mama everything she wants. From what I've seen on this thread so far one of those things looks to be a new house. Kandi is HER meal ticket, and any man that can't add the caviar or threatens the current handout arrangement is the enemy.

There is a difference between a guy who makes less money than his spouse and a guy that's after his spouse's money. Todd works and makes a decent income. He agreed to sign a prenup without hesitation. As far as I know, he hasn't asked Kandi to finance some business venture he's always dreamed of. Not really seeing red flags here.

Kandi's mother does not give a shit about Kandi's happiness. Unfortunately, Kandi operates under "That's my mama" logic. Joyce tries to cause trouble with anyone that gets close to Kandi, while Joyce's boyfriend rips apart the house Kandi gave Joyce for free.

I also have a feeling that Joyce did not give Kandi a great childhood. I think Kandi owes a lot of her success to great teachers/mentors she found in her high school.

• Love 11

36331250-0-image-a-10_1606864400464.jpg.18c3593dda926f4e7487812f94004e2d.jpg

Kandi & Todd attended Lil Wayne & Toya's daughter's 22nd birthday party this past Sunday in Atlanta. Indoors, large crowd, no masks, no social distancing. 🤦🏾‍♀️ (For context, if anyone is reading this in the future, the U.S. is currently at more than 13 million cases of Covid, over 250,000 deaths, 90,000 hospitalized, & one American dies every minute.) 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9007703/Lil-Waynes-daughter-Reginae-Carter-rings-22nd-birthday-star-studded-bash.html

• Love 1
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Kandi & Todd attended Lil Wayne & Toya's daughter's 22nd birthday party this past Sunday in Atlanta. Indoors, large crowd, no masks, no social distancing. 🤦🏾‍♀️ (For context, if anyone is reading this in the future, the U.S. is currently at more than 13 million cases of Covid, over 250,000 deaths, 90,000 hospitalized, & one American dies every minute.) 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9007703/Lil-Waynes-daughter-Reginae-Carter-rings-22nd-birthday-star-studded-bash.html

She looks fucking ridiculous and from ads is apparently a dominatrix now. Keep it klassy, Kandi.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I can’t unsee these

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who throws a Pimp and Ho party for their 21 year old daughter or their daughter period!

Not this that is particularly here nor there, but the 22 year old in question threw herself a "Hot Girls" party.

It's definitely disappointing to Kandi out without a mask.  I think of her as one of the most sensible of all the housewives, so to see her out like that and over something as dumb as Lil Wayne's daughter's 22nd birthday is sad.

• Love 10

It was a Hot Girl's party, with a late 90s/early '00s costume element.  Kandi is channeling Lil Kim from the Crush on You video and Todd, I believe is Puff. I think Kandi looks great and love that she's very comfortable with herself. And there's nothing wrong with an adult, even in their early 20s, throwing a sexy-themed party.  Now, throwing a party of that size during current conditions is an actual issue, but I'm totally not surprised as folks in Atlanta especially have been acting like COVID isn't a thing for the past 10 months.  

• Love 9

I just saw Kandi & Ace & Mama Joyce in a commercial for Portal from Facebook on tv. Kandi mostly just gave good face. Ace was adorable & spoke--- which pays more. Mama Joyce's Dora the Explorer wig was in a red-ish tone. I'm still giving Kandi the side-eye for her underage daughter's plastic surgery & attending that Covid party, but she stays making money. And! She always hooks up her family, too. She could teach a class on how to hustle & generate income in creative fields, like music, acting, modeling, etc.

• Love 9

Huh. Kandi just posted a YouTube live chat. Around ~15 minutes she says her family is complete with Blaze. Am I hallucinating or was there a tease for an upcoming episode where she was pregnant!? 🤔

Oh. ~37 minutes, she says the "pregnancy" was for a movie role.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Huh. Kandi just posted a YouTube live chat. Around ~15 minutes she says her family is complete with Blaze. Am I hallucinating or was there a tease for an upcoming episode where she was pregnant!? 🤔

Oh. ~37 minutes, she says the "pregnancy" was for a movie role.

Yes I saw it and I figured it was for some role she is playing.

• Love 3

https://youtu.be/QhgJq6W8lIQ

Sorry the announcer's voice is kind of annoying.

Kandi & Todd's restaurant Blaze got a 55 health score, a failure. They have closed for some days to make corrections. No pests, but chefs were not washing hands properly & the refrigeration was too warm. 

Nene is opening Linneathia's (sp?) Lounge. Grand opening Memorial day, but she's had events already. She's attaching the restaurant to her son Brent.

• Love 1

There's also this weird story about her breast reduction https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/kandi-burruss-opens-up-about-undergoing-breast-reduction-surgery-i-m-just-gonna-keep-it-100-with-you/ar-AANtBSc?ocid=winp1taskbar.

It's strange that she talks about using a surgeon for reduction because weight loss didn't help, but we already know she has had several implants. Of course weight loss won't reduce silicon or saline. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Axie said:

I would not wait at ANY restaurant for three hours for a table.  Or 2 hours, or, one hour….

Todd being so fucking cheap in refusing to get a generator because it would mean having to go downtown and who cares if their customers have to sit in a dark hot room if it means he wouldn't have to go down town 

• Love 7

Oh lord. I'm about 15 minutes away from OLG and I've thought about going to eat there many times, but have never pulled the trigger. After watching that, ain't no way in hell I'm going near that place. Forget a 2 or 3 hour wait, I wouldn't eat at a place that seems to be run so loosey-goosey and has such unprofessional staff.

13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Todd being so fucking cheap in refusing to get a generator because it would mean having to go downtown and who cares if their customers have to sit in a dark hot room if it means he wouldn't have to go down town 

The thing is, the restaurant is already downtown, so it's not like he has to go far! 

I love Kandi, but I think sometimes she is TOO loyal to people who are supposedly 'loyal' to her. Shawndreca (sp?) is ridiculous. If I were in charge, she'd have been gone long time ago. Umpteen complaints about her and Kandi is hesitant to let her go just because she's been there from the beginning? I understand help is in scarce supply right now, but I wouldn't keep someone on staff with that much entitlement no matter how long they'd been there. Yes, girl, Phillip is your new boss, so what he says goes. You don't run this ship. Phillip may be uptight, but seems he and Shardo are the only ones there trying to be professional. 

I did like Domu'nique (that spelling tho). She seemed fun and kinda sweet...for now.

I'm sure this exposure will get the restaurant even more patronage, but it sure isn't painting it in a great light, IMO.

• Love 8
On 9/2/2020 at 10:52 PM, Pearson80 said:

Kandi had a nose job herself relatively recently, if one watches old, and newer episodes (to compare). Bravo shows old seasons the day a new episode airs. 

• Useful 3

Interesting that Bravo has released the full first episode on YouTube 2 days out. There are some comments that the ratings were low. It's notable that Kandi & the Gang was released as a stand alone show. In comparison, Porsha's Family Matters was released under RHoATL, so many people's dvrs automatically recorded it.

• Useful 3

Is there a thread for Kandi's new show about the restaurant?

I've done a couple of searches and nothing is coming up.

(Of course, it is relatively early here on the west coast so it's entirely possible I've overlooked it).

TIA, my lovely fellow posters!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

For the past few nights, I've seen ads for Kandi's show on my local Fox/CBS/ABC stations. It's probably nothing but I've rarely seen Bravo shows advertised on channels outside of the NBC family.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:23 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Is there a thread for Kandi's new show about the restaurant?

There isn't one, but you can probably just make the topic within the RHOA forum.

• Love 4

Todd really showed his ass when he said he could live with a one or two hour power outage if it meant him not having to get a generator.  Todd, 1). chances are you would be comfortable wherever you are during the outage because chances are you wouldn’t be at the restaurant, and, 2). Way to have zero respect for your customers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Todd really showed his ass when he said he could live with a one or two hour power outage if it meant him not having to get a generator.  Todd, 1). chances are you would be comfortable wherever you are during the outage because chances are you wouldn’t be at the restaurant, and, 2). Way to have zero respect for your customers.

The problem is not so much that the guests would be hot in the restaurant but more so for the refrigeration units being shut down for an extended amount of time and food spoilage.  Todd should be worried about food safety, fridge and freezer temps have to be taken at different intervals thru out every shift, food has to be cooled and heated properly all it takes is one customer calling the health department and it could cost the OLG more than the cost of a generator.

• Love 10

I'm not surprised that OLG is poorly run.

I was embarrassed for Todd when he made that comment about the generator. The fact that power outages have happened more than once and they're nonchalant about it is concerning to say the least. It's not like Kandi can't afford a generator. I really hope that this was producer manipulation.

The staff is a mess, but Philip didn't do himself any favors, either. He clearly thinks that he's better than the staff because he's salaried and they aren't. He was on some Kelly Bensimone "I'm up here, you're down here" energy. Shawndreca is ridiculous, but to say "I'm not going back and forth with an hourly employee" and "I'm not intimidated by her---she's a greeter," was bullshit. I don't have an issue with him straightening out the staff because God knows it's necessary, but he's going to make his job harder by being an asshole.

The customers must really want a picture with the OLG badly because I would not put up with long waits, shitty service, and blackouts. It's the south, and soul food restaurants are a dime a dozen. I guarantee there are other places where you can get fried chicken and all the fixings without the attitude.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The problem is not so much that the guests would be hot in the restaurant but more so for the refrigeration units being shut down for an extended amount of time and food spoilage.  Todd should be worried about food safety, fridge and freezer temps have to be taken at different intervals thru out every shift, food has to be cooled and heated properly all it takes is one customer calling the health department and it could cost the OLG more than the cost of a generator.

Holy crap! I hadn't even thought of that!😲

• Love 3
On 3/12/2022 at 7:54 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Thank you!!! And they've already had past issues with the health department, with both OLG and Blaze scoring "Cs." 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4

Kandi would be horrible to work for if you weren’t part of her inner circle or whatever all her hanger ons are.  Philip might as well quit.  Kandi will never support his decisions.  Her staff is nasty, rude and horrible and she really doesn’t care.  Kinda like Todd not getting a generator.  As long as they can make money on Kandi’s name alone, they feel their job is done.  Everyone else be damned.

Nothing is ever going to change at the OLG because Kandi wanted the show but doesn’t actually want change at the restaurant.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 7

On 3/9/2022 at 8:08 AM, NowVoyager said:

Word on the street: Kandi & the Gang has been renewed for 2 more seasons.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:40 PM, Stats Queen said:

Why? Just why?

Very often I find myself in the minority. This is gonna be one of those times. I actually like the show.  It's a lot like VPR in many ways. Young people trying to figure their s&it out.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

That was a snooze fest.  

That's what I keep hearing. I haven't watched it yet, but I may.

Here's an interview w/ Brian. He is so, so adorable! About 30 minutes in, he talks details about his drug problem during the pandemic shut down. I boo-hoo cried! He will touch a lot of people w/ his testimony & I really hope his entertainment career takes off! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I'm not a fan of "Shawn-drilla" as Aunt Bertha calls her, but she was treated shabbily. I was surprised she handled it so well. I really don't like the parking lot guy. He was rude & inconsiderate to all his guests.

• Love 1

I went to Atlanta this past weekend to celebrate my birthday and decided to visit OLG. Shawndreca, was Shawndreca. She speaks rapidly and is very direct. I don't know if she's really rude, or if her directness gets misinterpreted as being rude.  I had to wait 5 minutes for her to come to the front because she was being both the hostess and Maitre D. She told me it would be a 45 minute wait for a single table and she would text me from their phone once the table was ready.

I saw Brandon and Melvin. I mentally rolled my eyes when I saw Brandon just standing there talking to Melvin instead of covering the front while Shawndreca was busy fulfilling other duties.

While waiting outside with other patrons we met a police officer outside. We asked if that was his assigned post and he said yes. Basically he's there for visibility, because people can sometimes become irate when they are waiting in line for 3-4 hours for food. However the line wasn't long that day.

I had the salmon bites for an appetizer and Aunt Bertha's fried chicken with Mac and cheese and collard greens. The food was good, but it was very salty. 

I saw Torin a few times,  he's very tall and really good looking.  I didn't try to get his or anyone else's attention because at the end of the day, they're still at work. 

If I visit Atlanta again I would definitely give OLG a second chance.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, Jextella said:

Very often I find myself in the minority. This is gonna be one of those times. I actually like the show.  It's a lot like VPR in many ways. Young people trying to figure their s&it out.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, Jextella said:

I like the show. I think reality shows are often best in the first few seasons when most of the cast still have to work regular jobs and fame hasn't gone to their heads. Shawndrecka (sp?) might be annoying, but she's good TV. Brian is a natural; he'll be a fan favorite. The aunties are just naturally funny because they've reached the "Zero Fucks Given" stage of life. I agree that this is like VPR, which at one time was my favorite reality show. 

• Love 7

Kandi's cousin Melvin, whom she considers to be like a son & who works as a chef at OLG was shot by an employee. Melvin was taken to hospital w/ non-life threatening injuries. The shooter has not yet been publicly identified, but I imagine Melvin & others at the restaurant must have known the person.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3
On 9/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, NowVoyager said:

Kandi's cousin Melvin, whom she considers to be like a son & who works as a chef at OLG was shot by an employee. Melvin was taken to hospital w/ non-life threatening injuries. The shooter has not yet been publicly identified, but I imagine Melvin & others at the restaurant must have known the person.

How awful. I watch Kandi and the gang and Melvin seems like a nice guy.

• Love 3